OF SOUND MIND

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. From Nothing (1:06)
2. Mother Animal (14:31)
3. Not the Last Return (1:29)
4. Bounty of Age (13:44)
5. A Friend (3:06)
6. The Trial (17:34)
7. Challenging (6:25)
8. The Ambrose Law (13:32)

Search ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind lyrics

Guest Musicians:
- Sera Timms (Black Math Horseman) / vocals
- David Scott Stone (Melvins) / synthesizer, electronics
- Ramiro Zapata / cello

CD Tee Pee Records (2009)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind Music

Vinyl$11.83
Neptune with Fire [Vinyl]Neptune with Fire [Vinyl]
North Atlantic 2008
Vinyl$14.56
ANCESTORS BLOOD - When the Forest Calls LP ( Kadotus - Grimsvötn - Demon Child ) US $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Ethnic Heritage Ensemble Dance With the Ancestors CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 8h 55m
MANDALABAND III - BC-ANCESTORS (UK) NEW CD US $25.40 Buy It Now 10h 51m
Of Sound Mind - Ancestors New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $27.70 Buy It Now 12h 18m
WILLIE CHARLES GRAY: My Ancestors / Same (soul 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 53m
In Dreams and Time by Ancestors (L.A.) (Vinyl, Apr-2012, Teepee Records) US $16.00 [0 bids]
Whirr Pipe Dreams CD earthless ancestors Whirl / Tee Pee Records / CLEAN!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 20h 27m
W.E.S. Group Ancestors CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 20h 44m
CUBAN DANZON: ITS ANCESTORS & DESCENDENTS - NEW CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Lutece - And Ancestors Still Remain (CD 2007) NEW/SEALED US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Lou Rawls My Ancestors/Evil Woman 45 RPM Capitol Records VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors - In Dreams And Time NEW CD US $16.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul Promo 45 LOU RAWLS My Ancestors on Capitol (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville CD 1988 Polygram US $7.99 [0 bids]
David Leask : Ancestors Eyes CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Cuban Danzon: Its Ancestors & Descendents CD US $14.93 Buy It Now 2 days
CHANDRA SHEILA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS` VOICES - CDRWG24 US $14.68 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - "A Dark Passage from the Past" cd (KADOTUS, THY SERPENT) new US $9.10 [0 bids]
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time - TPE901392 US $19.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors - Invisible White - TPE901282 US $17.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire - TPE721012 US $17.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind - TPE901092 US $20.05 Buy It Now 2 days
LOU RAWLS - MY ANCESTORS - 7" VINYL - CAPITOL GREEN & WHITE LABEL DEMO US $8.29 [0 bids]
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire [Vinyl New] US $18.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $4.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE NEW VINYL US $23.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Baomi; Modirzadeh, Hafez; R...-Royal Hartigan ; Ancestors CD NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 2 days
STONE JACK JONES: Ancestors LP (w/ download) Rock & Pop US $16.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family My Ancestors LP EX US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors' Voice CD US $13.96 Buy It Now 2 days
CD: RENEE ROSNES - Ancestors US $4.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Cuban Danzon: Its Ancestors & Descendents [CD New] US $14.92 Buy It Now 3 days
CUBAN DANZON: ANCESTORS / VAR NEW CD US $24.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving my ancestors voices CD US $8.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Throw Me The Statue Ancestors PROMO CD Single US $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
STONE GROVE Calling Back the Ancestors JAPAN ONLY CD OBI PCCY-00822 Working Week US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANCESTORS-NEPTUNE WITH FIRE VINYL LP NEW US $18.96 Buy It Now 4 days
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop The Ancestors Of Rap - unmixed CD US $28.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire Vinyl Record LP US $19.72 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time [CD New] US $10.49 Buy It Now 4 days
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop - The Ancestors Of Rap - 2xLP US $46.43 Buy It Now 4 days
Woddrea Mylenstede "Raw Rehearsals" Tape Sump Skullflower Vetala Ancestors Haxan US $3.99 [0 bids]
PAGAN LAND Shadows Of Forgotten Ancestors | TINI ZABUTYH PREDKOV Carpathia (CD) US $12.30 Buy It Now 4 days
Neptune with Fire [Slipcase] by Ancestors (L.A.) (CD, Mar-2008, North... US $2.99 [0 bids]
RARE MONO Afro Jazz LP BIG BLACK Message To Our Ancestors UNI VG+ SHRINK US $23.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Sump "Live In Yorkshire" Tape White Medal Vetala Ancestors Armatus Bone Awl MGLA US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ill-Tolerance "Prospects Of Terror" Tape Ives Ancestors Bone Awl Archgoat Horna US $3.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - IN DREAMS & TIME NEW CD US $18.14 Buy It Now 4 days
My Ancestors by Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family (CD, Mar-2013, QDK Media) US $11.90 Buy It Now 4 days
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville (CD, 1988, Polygram) US $41.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Radio Moscow S/T 7" earthless kadavar joy ancestors Volcom Ent. BLUE VINYL / NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Akemi Iwase CD - Lotus Garden For My Ancestors & My Children - Moon Blossom US $15.55 Buy It Now 5 days
Spirits of the Ancestors US $4.08 Buy It Now 5 days
Kings of Tomorrow - Ancestors 12" Vinyl TEST PRESSING DVR02 Treasa Fennie US $9.99 [0 bids]
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors [CD New] US $14.79 Buy It Now 5 days
TEMBO & NGOZI FAMILY & CHRISSY ZEBBY - MY ANCESTORS NEW CD US $23.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - In Death 7" EP Youth Attack Hoax The Ropes Boston Strangler Code Ora US $12.44 [0 bids]
3 cd singles: Destiny's Child = Survivor + Jocasta + Tribute To Our Ancestors US $1.66 [0 bids]
Neville, Ivan If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD US $6.60 Buy It Now 5 days
Willie Charles Gray - My Ancestors - Rare 1967 SOUL PROMO PRESS 7" VG SSS 725 US $8.28 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW soul LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Rubbadubb(12" Vinyl P/S)Tribute To Our Ancestors-East West---Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $24.86 Buy It Now 6 days
Ivan Neville Promo LP 1988 If my ancestors could see me ( VG ++ ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
TAUMBU INTERNATIONAL ENSEMBLE SONG OF THE ANCESTORS BRAND NEW-SEALED CASSETTE US $7.49 Buy It Now 6 days
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $12.02 Buy It Now 6 days
Randy Weston, Spirits of Our Ancestors Audio CD US $32.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD (1993) US $4.34 Buy It Now 6 days
A Voice Spirit of The Ancestors -- NEW CD Taiwan US $34.95 Buy It Now 6 days
IVAN NEVILLE If My Ancestors CASSETTE US $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
TUU , Audio CD, All Our Ancestors US $9.03 Buy It Now 6 days
IVAN NEVILLE: IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW! LP US $15.33 Buy It Now 6 days
All Our Ancestors - Tuu 05466641 US $12.57 Buy It Now 7 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $4.50 Buy It Now 7 days
ARIYA ASTROBEAT ARKESTRA - FUTURE ANCESTORS / GET ON THE FLOOR 7" US $9.34 Buy It Now 7 days
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville (Cassette, Sep-1995, Iguana ... US $5.99 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE debut CD If my ANCESTORS could SEE ME NOW Not Just Another Girl US $44.99 Buy It Now 7 days
POLY-834896- NEVILLE, IVAN If My Ancestors Could See Me OOP 12" Vinyl Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
RENEE ROSNES**ANCESTORS**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
IVAN NEVILLE: If My Ancestors Could See Me Now US $8.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Weaving My Ancestors Voices by Chandra, Sheila US $10.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $8.50 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW VINYL US $23.89 Buy It Now 8 days
Renee Rosnes - Ancestors (CD 1996) US $8.25 Buy It Now 8 days
LISA PERTILLAR BREVARD, IN PRAISE OF ANCESTORS US $3.00 Buy It Now 8 days
WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES (GOLD REI BY CHANDRA,SHEILA (CD) US $19.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Avery Sharpe - Extended Family II-Thoughts of My Ancestors USA Shipping Included US $3.97 Buy It Now 8 days
BIG BLACK - MESSAGE TO OUR ANCESTORS - UNI LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $32.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors - Invisible White LP Vinyl Record US $21.58 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time LP Vinyl Record US $27.27 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [Vinyl New] US $17.28 Buy It Now 9 days
Mario Pavone - Ancestors-Double Tenor Quintet [CD New] US $13.26 Buy It Now 9 days
KLEZ-EDGE - ANCESTORS, MINDRELES, NAGILA MONSTERS - NEW CD US $33.58 Buy It Now 9 days
IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW ( 1988 VINYL LP ) US $4.96 Buy It Now 9 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors' Voices [CD New] US $12.80 Buy It Now 9 days
SHEILA CHANDRA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES (GOLD) (REISSUE) NEW CD US $19.27 Buy It Now 9 days
Spirits Of The Ancestors - Rare New Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors by Renee Rosnes (CD, Apr-1996, Blue Note (Label)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Sayat-Nova: Songs of My Ancestors [Digipak] by Armen Donelian (CD, Apr-2014,... US $12.94 Buy It Now 9 days
MARIO PAVONE - ANCESTORS: DOUBLE TENOR QUINTET NEW CD US $19.67 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Of Sound Mind" is the 2nd full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through Tee Pee Records in October 2009.

Ancestors play an interesting mix of stoner metal and 70s psychadelic/progressive rock and in addtion to guitars, drums, bass and vocals, there are keyboards, electronics and an omnipresent organ featured in the music. The vocal style varies between raw and clean (when the vocals are most mellow they remind me of the vocal style on the early seventies releases by Pink Floyd). The bandīs debut album "Neptune With Fire (2008)" was quite a mouthful, as it consisted of only two 15 - 20 minutes long tracks of stoner metal with long sections of jamming and only limited use of vocals.

Ancestors have developed their sound significantly since the debut though and while most tracks featured on "Of Sound Mind" are still very long (out of 8 tracks on the 71:26 minutes long album, 4 tracks exceed the 12 minutes mark), the tracks are much better composed and more structured than the tracks from the debut album. There are still some long jamming parts on the album, and I have to admit that some of the parts in tracks like "Bounty of Age" and especially the 17:34 minute long "The Trial" go on a bit too long for my taste.

I wasnīt exactly expecting to be blown away by "Of Sound Mind" as I found "Neptune With Fire (2008)" a bit unfocused and lacking structure. "Of Sound Mind" has really surprised me though and to my ears itīs a quality album, featuring solid musicianship, an organic sound production and some well written material. I still find some of the jamming parts unnecesarily long but thatīs ultimately an aquired taste so I wonīt hold it against the album. A 3.5 - 4 star (75%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#396478) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 08, 2011

4 stars Over the last few months I have briefly conversed with band guitarist Justin Maranga through blog comments and the odd email with regards to the band's first release, and this, their sophomore release - due out October the 6th on Tee Pee Records. Judging from his opinion and my own excitement, i ... (read more)

Report this review (#245625) | Posted by SometimeWorld | Thursday, October 22, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Of Sound Mind"