OF SOUND MIND

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. From Nothing (1:06)
2. Mother Animal (14:31)
3. Not the Last Return (1:29)
4. Bounty of Age (13:44)
5. A Friend (3:06)
6. The Trial (17:34)
7. Challenging (6:25)
8. The Ambrose Law (13:32)

Search ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind lyrics

Guest Musicians:
- Sera Timms (Black Math Horseman) / vocals
- David Scott Stone (Melvins) / synthesizer, electronics
- Ramiro Zapata / cello

CD Tee Pee Records (2009)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind Music

Tee Pee 2011
Vinyl$11.77
Neptune With FireNeptune With Fire
North Atlantic Sound 2008
ANCESTORS BLOOD "When the Forest Calls" LP nokturnal mortum graveland US $22.58 Buy It Now 4h 23m
ANCESTORS OF RAP / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $27.49 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Korea-Ritual Music For The Royal Ancestors CD US $22.36 Buy It Now 7h
Ancestors by Renee Rosnes (CD, Apr-1996, Blue Note (Label)) US $4.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Weston - Spirits of Our Ancestors (1992) 2 CD QUALITY CHECKED US $30.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors... - Rock LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANCESTORS: Invisible White 12 (w/ free digital download) Rock & Pop US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ivan Neville NM USA PDO 1988 CD If My Ancestors Could See Me Now (son of Aaron) US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors: In Death 7" US $16.80 Buy It Now 1 day
1992 SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Spirits of Our Ancestors by Randy Weston (CD, Mar-1992, 2 Discs, Antilles) US $42.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors Blood - Return of the Ancient Ones CD 2013 repress atmospheric pagan US $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
KAHIL EL'ZABAR'S RITUAL TRIO - ANCESTORS ARE AMONGST US NEW CD US $16.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Bdfordshire Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Devon Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are County Durham Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Somerset Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are South Wales Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Dorset Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Stirlingshire Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Welsh Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Sussex Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Find Cheshire Ancestors promo cd-rom US $2.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Narasirato Pan Pipers - Solomon Islands-Cry Of The Ancestors CD US $18.49 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS - OF SOUND MIND [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $8.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Cuban Danzon: Its Ancestors & Descendents by Various Artists (CD, May-2012,... US $14.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors by Mario Pavone *New CD* US $10.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Kahil El'Zabar's Ritual Trio - Ancestors Are Amongst Us [CD New] US $12.17 Buy It Now 2 days
Spirits of the Ancestors by Gary Richard US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors, In Dreams And Time; 6TRK PR ADV CD US $4.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors Of Rap [LP] V/A *SEALED* [Tramp; TRLP 9019] (Germany) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SHEILA CHANDRA**WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES**CD US $10.14 Buy It Now 2 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Record SEALED 1988 US $22.50 Buy It Now 2 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Mint- 834 896-1 DMM Audioph US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors Of Rap [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NARASIRATO PAN PIPER - SOLOMON ISLANDS: CRY OF THE ANCESTORS * - NEW CD US $11.30 Buy It Now 3 days
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW CD US $15.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $0.79 [0 bids]
Message to our Ancestors Introducing Big Black LP Vinyl record African music US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [CD New] US $9.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Of Sound Mind - Ancestors New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $19.20 Buy It Now 3 days
LOUIS MOHOLO-MOHOLO/ - ANCESTORS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $16.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Korea: Jongmyo Jeryeak (Ritual Music For the Royal Ancestors) by Court Music... US $17.06 Buy It Now 3 days
RENEE ROSNES Ancestors 1996 CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Sheila Chandra, Weaving My Ancestors Voices Audio CD US $6.64 Buy It Now 4 days
Kahil ElZabars Ritual Trio - Ancestors Are Amongst Us CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 4 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors [CD New] US $18.13 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors Of Rap CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 4 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors - Invisible White CD US $13.74 Buy It Now 4 days
Mandalaband Iii - Bc-Ancestors CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Sheila Chandra -Weaving My Ancestors' Voices CD (1992) - RealWorld Records US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ROYAL ENSEMBLE HARTIGAN - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $28.20 Buy It Now 4 days
Rubbadubb - Tribute To Our Ancestors - UK CD Single US $7.53 Buy It Now 4 days
Spirits of the Ancestors - CD Slavic folk metal: between paganism and folklore. US $4.49 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW/ 1988 US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ARMEN DONELIAN**SAYAT-NOVA: SONGS OF MY ANCESTORS**2 CD SET US $16.95 Buy It Now 4 days
FREE 2for1 OFFER-IVAN NEVILLE-If My Ancestors Could See Me Now-Polydor ?- 834 89 US $10.98 Buy It Now 4 days
FRANK NELSON - IN THE SPIRIT OF OUR ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $13.61 Buy It Now 5 days
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $30.50 Buy It Now 5 days
KLEZ-EDGE Ancestors Mindreles Nagila CD TZADIK NEW US $12.49 Buy It Now 5 days
ANCESTORS - Of Sound Mind - RARE 8 Track CD Advance '09 US $4.47 Buy It Now 5 days
Dakota Sunrise - Used CD RARE Soundtrack The Ancestors Keith Heartly Drek D. US $50.00 Buy It Now 5 days
NORTHERN SOUL Willie Charles Gray- "My Ancestors" SSS International PROMO 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
TUU - ALL OUR ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $11.46 Buy It Now 6 days
ETERNAL SUN 6/8 DRUMZ a tribute to all ancestors 12" RECORD DJ US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - When the Forest Calls LP ( Kadotus - Grimsvötn - Demon Child ) US $22.00 Buy It Now 6 days
VARIOUS - Ancestors Of Rap - gatefold 2xLP US $36.28 Buy It Now 6 days
MANDALABAND III - BC-ANCESTORS (UK) NEW CD US $23.89 Buy It Now 6 days
Message To Our Ancestors / BIG BLACK / UNI 73012 / AFRO JAZZ FUNK / Stereo / EX+ US $22.46 Buy It Now 6 days
Akemi Iwase CD - Lotus Garden For My Ancestors & My Children - Moon Blossom US $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
WILLIE CHARLES GRAY: My Ancestors / Same (soul 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
3 cd singles: Destiny's Child = Survivor + Jocasta + Tribute To Our Ancestors US $1.61 [0 bids]
Whirr Pipe Dreams CD earthless ancestors Whirl / Tee Pee Records / CLEAN!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
W.E.S. Group Ancestors CD US $14.45 Buy It Now 6 days
CUBAN DANZON: ITS ANCESTORS & DESCENDENTS - NEW CD US $14.82 Buy It Now 7 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - "A Dark Passage from the Past" cd (KADOTUS, THY SERPENT) new US $9.52 Buy It Now 7 days
Lutece - And Ancestors Still Remain (CD 2007) NEW/SEALED US $3.21 Buy It Now 7 days
Lou Rawls My Ancestors/Evil Woman 45 RPM Capitol Records VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors - In Dreams And Time NEW CD US $16.28 Buy It Now 7 days
Soul Promo 45 LOU RAWLS My Ancestors on Capitol (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
David Leask : Ancestors Eyes CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
CHANDRA SHEILA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS` VOICES - CDRWG24 US $13.63 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time - TPE901392 US $17.34 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Invisible White - TPE901282 US $16.87 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire - TPE721012 US $18.55 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind - TPE901092 US $16.87 Buy It Now 8 days
Song for My Ancestors by Lisa Thiel (CD, Jul-2001, White Wing Records) US $34.26 Buy It Now 8 days
Dalot - Ancestors [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors ll ep (2009) US $20.00 [0 bids]
DALOT - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 8 days
Ivan Neville : If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD (1990) US $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Baomi; Modirzadeh, Hafez; R...-Royal Hartigan ; Ancestors CD NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors by Dalot *New CD* US $13.02 Buy It Now 8 days
STONE JACK JONES: Ancestors LP (w/ download) Rock & Pop US $16.00 Buy It Now 8 days
SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors' Voice CD US $13.13 Buy It Now 8 days
CD: RENEE ROSNES - Ancestors US $4.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Cuban Danzon: Its Ancestors & Descendents CD US $20.43 Buy It Now 9 days
SHADOWS OF OUR FORGOTTEN ANCESTORS / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $26.05 Buy It Now 9 days
Ivan Neville : If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD (1990) US $4.07 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Of Sound Mind" is the 2nd full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through Tee Pee Records in October 2009.

Ancestors play an interesting mix of stoner metal and 70s psychadelic/progressive rock and in addtion to guitars, drums, bass and vocals, there are keyboards, electronics and an omnipresent organ featured in the music. The vocal style varies between raw and clean (when the vocals are most mellow they remind me of the vocal style on the early seventies releases by Pink Floyd). The bandīs debut album "Neptune With Fire (2008)" was quite a mouthful, as it consisted of only two 15 - 20 minutes long tracks of stoner metal with long sections of jamming and only limited use of vocals.

Ancestors have developed their sound significantly since the debut though and while most tracks featured on "Of Sound Mind" are still very long (out of 8 tracks on the 71:26 minutes long album, 4 tracks exceed the 12 minutes mark), the tracks are much better composed and more structured than the tracks from the debut album. There are still some long jamming parts on the album, and I have to admit that some of the parts in tracks like "Bounty of Age" and especially the 17:34 minute long "The Trial" go on a bit too long for my taste.

I wasnīt exactly expecting to be blown away by "Of Sound Mind" as I found "Neptune With Fire (2008)" a bit unfocused and lacking structure. "Of Sound Mind" has really surprised me though and to my ears itīs a quality album, featuring solid musicianship, an organic sound production and some well written material. I still find some of the jamming parts unnecesarily long but thatīs ultimately an aquired taste so I wonīt hold it against the album. A 3.5 - 4 star (75%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#396478) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 08, 2011

4 stars Over the last few months I have briefly conversed with band guitarist Justin Maranga through blog comments and the odd email with regards to the band's first release, and this, their sophomore release - due out October the 6th on Tee Pee Records. Judging from his opinion and my own excitement, i ... (read more)

Report this review (#245625) | Posted by SometimeWorld | Thursday, October 22, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Of Sound Mind"