OF SOUND MIND

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. From Nothing (1:06)
2. Mother Animal (14:31)
3. Not the Last Return (1:29)
4. Bounty of Age (13:44)
5. A Friend (3:06)
6. The Trial (17:34)
7. Challenging (6:25)
8. The Ambrose Law (13:32)

Search ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind lyrics

Guest Musicians:
- Sera Timms (Black Math Horseman) / vocals
- David Scott Stone (Melvins) / synthesizer, electronics
- Ramiro Zapata / cello

CD Tee Pee Records (2009)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind Music

Invisible WhiteInvisible White
Tee Pee 2011
Neptune With FireNeptune With Fire
North Atlantic Sound 2008
ANCESTORS Invisible White LP new sealed w/ free digital download US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Sump "Live In Yorkshire" Tape White Medal Vetala Ancestors Armatus Bone Awl MGLA US $4.99 [0 bids]
Sump "Taken Dead" Tape Vetala Satanize Armatus Bone Awl White Medal Ancestors US $4.99 [1 bids]
Heathen Fury "Demo" Tape White Medal Sump Vetala Graveland Bone Awl Ancestors US $4.99 [0 bids]
NEW - Spirit of the Ancestors by Peter Samuels US $5.98 Buy It Now 9h 53m
Ivan Neville If My Ancestors Could See Me Now rare LP great condition US $10.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE NEW CD US $18.58 Buy It Now 10h 27m
Ill-Tolerance "Prospects Of Terror" Tape Ives Ancestors Bone Awl Archgoat Horna US $3.99 [0 bids]
DALOT - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $20.88 Buy It Now 10h 49m
ANCESTORS BLOOD Return of the Ancient Ones CD new US $6.66 [0 bids]
ACROSS TUNDRAS / HELLBENDER 7" COL KYUSS EARTH ADRIFT SLO BURN UNIDA ANCESTORS US $10.99 Buy It Now 20h 7m
KAHIL EL'ZABAR'S RITUAL TRIO - ANCESTORS ARE AMONGST US NEW CD US $17.81 Buy It Now 1 day
TEMBO & NGOZI FAMILY & CHRISSY ZEBBY - MY ANCESTORS NEW CD US $23.19 Buy It Now 1 day
HALLOW Hallow Soundtrack 2LP mark mccoy black noise/blackened hardcore ancestors US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
IVAN NEVILLE - THANKS / IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW (2 x CD) NEW US $5.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors Invisible White 12" EP sealed Mint free digital download US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nigel Shaw - Ancestors Cd 2003. Beautiful tribal chant/flute music from UK. US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANCESTORS OF RAP / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $29.34 Buy It Now 1 day
CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO - MY ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $13.73 Buy It Now 1 day
KAHIL EL'ZABAR - THE ANCESTORS ARE AMONGST US - NEW CD US $8.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Who do you think you are? Surrey Ancestors (BBC) US $3.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Who do you think you are? Ess** ancestors US $3.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Who do you think you are? Oxfordshire ancestors US $3.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Backpacking on the Graves of Our Ancestors: 1991-1998 US $20.29 Buy It Now 1 day
LOUIS MOHOLO-MOHOLO/ - ANCESTORS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $16.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Vtg. IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW Vinyl Record LP - Promo - VG US $6.80 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS III LP new white vinyl US $9.50 [0 bids]
Message to our Ancestors Introducing Big Black LP Vinyl record African music US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
POLY-834896- NEVILLE, IVAN If My Ancestors Could See Me OOP 12" Vinyl Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ivan Neville If My Ancestors Could See Me Now West German CD US $15.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Kahil ElZabars Ritual Trio - Ancestors Are Amongst Us CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 2 days
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD When the Forest Calls CD new US $7.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS BLOOD A Dark Passage From the Past CD new black metal US $7.99 [0 bids]
CYNTHIA - IN SPIRIT OF OUR ANCESTORS-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors... - Rock LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
"The Spirits Of Our Ancestors" Randy Weston, Modern Jazz,Double CD,Import, 1992 US $41.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ANCESTORS: Invisible White 12 (w/ free digital download) Rock & Pop US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Spirits Of The Ancestors (1993), Gary Richard & Richard Hooper - cassette US $0.79 [0 bids]
My Ancestors by Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family (CD, Mar-2013, QDK Media) US $8.00 [0 bids]
1992 SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Spirits of Our Ancestors by Randy Weston (CD, Mar-1992, 2 Discs, Antilles) US $42.99 Buy It Now 3 days
YY CD ALBUM..TRANSGLOBAL UNDERGROUND.BACKPACKING ON THE GRAVES OF OUR ANCESTORS US $18.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors Blood - Return of the Ancient Ones CD 2013 repress atmospheric pagan US $13.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Who do you think you are? Northamtonshire ancestors- (BBC) US $3.40 Buy It Now 3 days
ANCESTORS - OF SOUND MIND [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $8.55 Buy It Now 3 days
CD: My Ancestors - Tembo, Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family - Sealed US $27.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Spirits of the Ancestors by Gary Richard US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $4.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - OF SOUND MIND NEW VINYL US $31.26 Buy It Now 4 days
SHEILA CHANDRA**WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES**CD US $10.14 Buy It Now 4 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Record SEALED 1988 US $22.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors [Digipak] by Louis Moholo-Moholo/Wadada Leo Smith (CD, 2012, TUM... US $16.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Neptune with Fire [Slipcase] by Ancestors (L.A.) (CD, Mar-2008, North... US $9.13 Buy It Now 4 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Mint- 834 896-1 DMM Audiophile US $11.00 Buy It Now 4 days
My Ancestors by Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family (CD, Mar-2013, QDK Media) US $13.76 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors Of Rap [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 4 days
NARASIRATO PAN PIPER - SOLOMON ISLANDS: CRY OF THE ANCESTORS * - NEW CD US $9.54 Buy It Now 4 days
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW CD US $16.27 Buy It Now 4 days
HUNOK ANCESTORS BLOOD split CD new sealed US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind [Vinyl New] US $22.30 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [CD New] US $9.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors Of Rap [Vinyl New] US $32.98 Buy It Now 5 days
CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO & NGOZI FAMILY: My Ancestors LP (Germany, 180 gram reissue) US $45.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Message To Our Ancestors / BIG BLACK / UNI 73012 / AFRO JAZZ FUNK / Stereo / EX+ US $29.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Sheila Chandra, Weaving My Ancestors Voices Audio CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors [CD New] US $19.12 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors Of Rap CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 5 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Invisible White CD US $13.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Mandalaband Iii - Bc-Ancestors CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 5 days
FREE 2for1 OFFER-IVAN NEVILLE-If My Ancestors Could See Me Now-Polydor ?- 834 89 US $10.98 Buy It Now 5 days
ROYAL ENSEMBLE HARTIGAN - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $30.10 Buy It Now 5 days
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $32.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Woddrea Mylenstede "Raw Rehearsals" Tape Sump Skullflower Vetala Ancestors Haxan US $3.99 [0 bids]
ARMEN DONELIAN**SAYAT-NOVA: SONGS OF MY ANCESTORS**2 CD SET US $16.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind Vinyl Record LP US $27.75 Buy It Now 6 days
KLEZ-EDGE Ancestors Mindreles Nagila CD TZADIK NEW US $12.49 Buy It Now 6 days
ANCESTORS - Of Sound Mind - RARE 8 Track CD Advance '09 US $4.61 Buy It Now 7 days
Dakota Sunrise - Used CD RARE Soundtrack The Ancestors Keith Heartly Drek D. US $50.00 Buy It Now 7 days
TUU - ALL OUR ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $10.32 Buy It Now 7 days
ETERNAL SUN 6/8 DRUMZ a tribute to all ancestors 12" RECORD DJ US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors Of Rap Various LP Vinyl Record US $36.91 Buy It Now 7 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - When the Forest Calls LP ( Kadotus - Grimsvötn - Demon Child ) US $22.00 Buy It Now 7 days
MANDALABAND III - BC-ANCESTORS (UK) NEW CD US $25.49 Buy It Now 7 days
WILLIE CHARLES GRAY: My Ancestors / Same (soul 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
CUBAN DANZON: ANCESTORS / VAR NEW CD US $24.35 Buy It Now 8 days
African Sunrise: Selections from "The Spirits of Our Ancestors by Randy Weston  US $7.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Whirr Pipe Dreams CD earthless ancestors Whirl / Tee Pee Records / CLEAN!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
W.E.S. Group Ancestors CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
CUBAN DANZON: ITS ANCESTORS & DESCENDENTS - NEW CD US $14.32 Buy It Now 8 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra CD US $1.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Lutece - And Ancestors Still Remain (CD 2007) NEW/SEALED US $5.03 Buy It Now 9 days
Lou Rawls My Ancestors/Evil Woman 45 RPM Capitol Records VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors - In Dreams And Time NEW CD US $17.22 Buy It Now 9 days
Soul Promo 45 LOU RAWLS My Ancestors on Capitol (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Song for My Ancestors Lisa Thiel & Ani Williams Celtic New Age FLAWLESS RARE CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
David Leask : Ancestors Eyes CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Ancestors Brigadoon CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Of Sound Mind" is the 2nd full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through Tee Pee Records in October 2009.

Ancestors play an interesting mix of stoner metal and 70s psychadelic/progressive rock and in addtion to guitars, drums, bass and vocals, there are keyboards, electronics and an omnipresent organ featured in the music. The vocal style varies between raw and clean (when the vocals are most mellow they remind me of the vocal style on the early seventies releases by Pink Floyd). The band´s debut album "Neptune With Fire (2008)" was quite a mouthful, as it consisted of only two 15 - 20 minutes long tracks of stoner metal with long sections of jamming and only limited use of vocals.

Ancestors have developed their sound significantly since the debut though and while most tracks featured on "Of Sound Mind" are still very long (out of 8 tracks on the 71:26 minutes long album, 4 tracks exceed the 12 minutes mark), the tracks are much better composed and more structured than the tracks from the debut album. There are still some long jamming parts on the album, and I have to admit that some of the parts in tracks like "Bounty of Age" and especially the 17:34 minute long "The Trial" go on a bit too long for my taste.

I wasn´t exactly expecting to be blown away by "Of Sound Mind" as I found "Neptune With Fire (2008)" a bit unfocused and lacking structure. "Of Sound Mind" has really surprised me though and to my ears it´s a quality album, featuring solid musicianship, an organic sound production and some well written material. I still find some of the jamming parts unnecesarily long but that´s ultimately an aquired taste so I won´t hold it against the album. A 3.5 - 4 star (75%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#396478) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 08, 2011

4 stars Over the last few months I have briefly conversed with band guitarist Justin Maranga through blog comments and the odd email with regards to the band's first release, and this, their sophomore release - due out October the 6th on Tee Pee Records. Judging from his opinion and my own excitement, i ... (read more)

Report this review (#245625) | Posted by SometimeWorld | Thursday, October 22, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Of Sound Mind"