OF SOUND MIND

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. From Nothing (1:06)
2. Mother Animal (14:31)
3. Not the Last Return (1:29)
4. Bounty of Age (13:44)
5. A Friend (3:06)
6. The Trial (17:34)
7. Challenging (6:25)
8. The Ambrose Law (13:32)

Search ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind lyrics

Guest Musicians:
- Sera Timms (Black Math Horseman) / vocals
- David Scott Stone (Melvins) / synthesizer, electronics
- Ramiro Zapata / cello

CD Tee Pee Records (2009)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind Music

North Atlantic Sound 2008
Invisible WhiteInvisible White
Tee Pee 2011
Vinyl$12.71
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop - The Ancestors Of Rap - 2xLP US $46.21 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Nekrasov 'Form Of Thought...' LP Velvet Cacoon Abyssic Hate Ancestors Prurient US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 30m
CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO & NGOZI FAMILY: My Ancestors LP (Germany, 180 gram reissue) US $45.00 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire Vinyl Record LP US $19.17 Buy It Now 17h 27m
CHRISSY ZEBBY "MY ANCESTORS" RE SHADOKS ZAMROCK 1973 US $34.00 [0 bids]
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $33.50 Buy It Now 21h 40m
Weaving My Ancestors Voices US $1.00 Buy It Now 23h 15m
Rubbadubb - Tribute To Our Ancestors (Soul) 12" US $13.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors US $5.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors' Voices (NEW CD) US $15.53 Buy It Now 1 day
IVAN NEVILLE If My Ancestors Could See Me Now POLYDOR NM! Shrink US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Dance with the Ancestors by Ethnic Heritage Ensemble (CD, Aug-1993, Cham) NEW.. US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rubbadubb - Tribute To Our Ancestors 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors - Brigadoon (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 2 days
TIGER-TIGER: Thank You Ancestors (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Royal Hartigan Ensemble Ancestors CD US $18.77 Buy It Now 2 days
All Our Ancestors TUU CD US $12.53 Buy It Now 2 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors Voi (1998) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.29 Buy It Now 2 days
OBERY WILSON. IF YOU WERE THERE / MY ANCESTORS. US $67.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors In Dreams And Time LPx2 USA 707239013916 Tee Pee Records new US $12.48 [0 bids]
Ancestors Invisible White LP USA 707239012810 Tee Pee Records new US $8.98 [0 bids]
SEALED / CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO MY ANCESTORS / SHADOKS NEW US $249.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DALOT - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $20.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors "Of Sound Mind" -ADVANCE PROMO CD!!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Of Sound Mind Ancestors CD US $9.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors Invisible White Vinyl LP US $15.08 Buy It Now 3 days
Dalot Ancestors CD US $15.98 Buy It Now 3 days
In Dreams and Time Ancestors Vinyl LP US $21.98 Buy It Now 3 days
In Dreams and Time Ancestors CD US $8.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors Invisible White CD US $7.17 Buy It Now 3 days
RUBBADUBB 3 TRACK CD "TRIBUTE TO OUR ANCESTORS / REMIX / DESTINY" US $4.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Sheila Chandra -Weaving My Ancestors' Voices CD (1992) - RealWorld Records US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ivan Neville: If My Ancestors Could See Me Now LP Ex US $7.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors - The W.E.S. Group (CD 2006) US $10.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, May-1992, EMI) US $1.50 [0 bids]
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville (Cassette, Sep-1995, Iguana ... US $7.99 [0 bids]
Armen Donelian/Sayat-Nova-Songs of My Ancestors (Armenia)-UNPLAYED 2 CD-Jazz US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANCESTORS Invisible White LP new sealed w/ free digital download US $20.99 Buy It Now 5 days
RENEE ROSNES Ancestors 1996 CD US $10.00 [0 bids]
ACROSS TUNDRAS / HELLBENDER 7" COL KYUSS EARTH ADRIFT SLO BURN UNIDA ANCESTORS US $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
HALLOW Hallow Soundtrack 2LP mark mccoy black noise/blackened hardcore ancestors US $34.98 Buy It Now 6 days
IVAN NEVILLE - THANKS / IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW (2 x CD) NEW US $4.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors Invisible White 12" EP sealed Mint free digital download US $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Various Artists Korea: Ritual Music For The Royal Ancestors CD US $15.48 Buy It Now 6 days
All Our Ancestors - Tuu (1995, CD New) US $10.36 Buy It Now 6 days
ANCESTORS OF RAP / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $29.24 Buy It Now 6 days
Who do you think you are? Surrey Ancestors (BBC) US $3.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Who do you think you are? Ess** ancestors US $3.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Who do you think you are? Somerset Ancestors, US $3.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Who do you think you are? Welsh ancestors (BBC) US $3.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Who do you think you are? Oxfordshire ancestors US $3.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Ivan Neville NM USA PDO 1988 CD If My Ancestors Could See Me Now (son of Aaron) US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tuu - All Our Ancestors [CD New] US $15.52 Buy It Now 7 days
IVAN NEVILLE 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' NOS LP Turntable Vinyl! US $10.95 Buy It Now 7 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - A Dark Passage from the Past (CD 2009) Black Metal Isengard US $15.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Randy Weston - Spirits of Our Ancestors (1992) 2 CD QUALITY CHECKED US $27.13 Buy It Now 7 days
Akemi Iwase CD - Lotus Garden For My Ancestors & My Children - Moon Blossom US $18.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors... - Rock LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ANCESTORS: Invisible White 12 (w/ free digital download) Rock & Pop US $14.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 8 days
1992 SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Spirits of Our Ancestors by Randy Weston (CD, Mar-1992, 2 Discs, Antilles) US $42.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Taumbu International Ensemble/ Song To The Ancestors/CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 8 days
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW/ 1988 US $9.00 Buy It Now 8 days
YY CD ALBUM..TRANSGLOBAL UNDERGROUND.BACKPACKING ON THE GRAVES OF OUR ANCESTORS US $18.64 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors Blood - Return of the Ancient Ones CD 2013 repress atmospheric pagan US $13.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Who do you think you are? Northamtonshire ancestors- (BBC) US $3.34 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Invisible White (Music CD) US $22.22 Buy It Now 9 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors' Voices (Music CD) US $22.44 Buy It Now 9 days
Gary Richard : Spirits of the Ancestors CD (1995) US $6.59 Buy It Now 9 days
ANCESTORS - OF SOUND MIND NEW VINYL US $31.15 Buy It Now 9 days
ANCESTORS**OF SOUND MIND**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 9 days
SHEILA CHANDRA**WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES**CD US $10.14 Buy It Now 9 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Record SEALED 1988 US $22.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Cry Of The Ancestors-Narasirato Pan Pipers Solomon Is Lands CD US $10.53 Buy It Now 9 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Mint- 834 896-1 DMM Audiophile US $8.80 Buy It Now 9 days
CRY OF THE ANCESTORS - NARASIRATO PAN PIPERS - SOLOMON IS LANDS (W/BOOK) NEW CD US $21.58 Buy It Now 9 days
Narasirato Pan Pipers - Solomon Islands-Cry Of The Ancestors (CD New) US $9.33 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors Of Rap [CD New] US $25.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LOU RAWLS - MY ANCESTORS US $3.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors - In Dreams and Time (Music CD) US $28.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind (Music CD) US $28.00 Buy It Now 9 days
FREE 2for1 OFFER-IVAN NEVILLE-If My Ancestors Could See Me Now-Polydor ?- 834 89 US $14.98 Buy It Now 9 days
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW CD US $16.22 Buy It Now 9 days
RENEE ROSNES**ANCESTORS**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind [Vinyl New] US $21.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Narasirato Pan Pipers - Solomon Islands-Cry Of The Ancestors [CD New] US $12.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind [CD New] US $11.59 Buy It Now 10 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [CD New] US $10.16 Buy It Now 10 days
Ancestors Of Rap [Vinyl New] US $42.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors [CD New] US $18.45 Buy It Now 10 days
Korea-Ritual Music For The Royal Ancestors CD US $20.16 Buy It Now 10 days
Ancestors Of Rap CD US $25.01 Buy It Now 10 days
Vtg. IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW Vinyl Record LP - Promo - VG US $7.16 Buy It Now 10 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors CD US $21.82 Buy It Now 10 days
Ancestors - Invisible White CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 10 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time CD US $14.20 Buy It Now 10 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind CD US $15.86 Buy It Now 10 days
Mandalaband Iii - Bc-Ancestors CD US $44.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD US $15.79 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars Of Sound Mind is the 2nd full-length studio album by American doom/ stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released in October 2009 by Tee Pee Records.

Ancestors play an interesting blend of doom/ stoner metal and 70s psychadelic/ progressive rock and in addtion to guitars, drums, bass and vocals, there are both keyboards, electronics and an omnipresent organ in the music. The vocal style varies between raw and clean ( when the vocals are most mellow they remind me of the vocal style on the early seventies releases by Pink Floyd). The bandīs debut album Neptune With Fire (2008) was quite a mouthful, as it consisted of only two 15 - 20 minute long tracks of doom/ stoner metal with long passages of jamming and only limited use of vocals. Ancestors have developed their sound significantly since the debut and while most tracks on Of Sound Mind are still very long ( out of 8 tracks on the 71:26 minute long album, 4 tracks exceed the 12 minute mark), the songs are much better composed and more structured than the tracks from the debut album. There are still some long jamming parts on the album, and I have to admit that some of the parts in tracks like Bounty of Age and especially the 17:34 minute long The Trial go on a bit too long for my taste.

I wasnīt exactly expecting to be blown away by Of Sound Mind as I found Neptune With Fire a bit unfocused and lacking structure. Of Sound Mind has really surprised me though and itīs a very good album IMO. I find some of the more jamming parts unnecesarily long though, so there are minor flaws on this album too. A 3.75 ( close to 4 star) star rating is fully deserved. Iīll round it up to a 4 star rating.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#396478) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 08, 2011

4 stars Over the last few months I have briefly conversed with band guitarist Justin Maranga through blog comments and the odd email with regards to the band's first release, and this, their sophomore release - due out October the 6th on Tee Pee Records. Judging from his opinion and my own excitement, i ... (read more)

Report this review (#245625) | Posted by SometimeWorld | Thursday, October 22, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Of Sound Mind"