OF SOUND MIND

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. From Nothing (1:06)
2. Mother Animal (14:31)
3. Not the Last Return (1:29)
4. Bounty of Age (13:44)
5. A Friend (3:06)
6. The Trial (17:34)
7. Challenging (6:25)
8. The Ambrose Law (13:32)

Search ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind lyrics

Guest Musicians:
- Sera Timms (Black Math Horseman) / vocals
- David Scott Stone (Melvins) / synthesizer, electronics
- Ramiro Zapata / cello

CD Tee Pee Records (2009)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind Music

Neptune With FireNeptune With Fire
North Atlantic Sound 2008
Invisible WhiteInvisible White
Tee Pee 2011
Spirits of the Ancestors - CD Slavic folk metal: between paganism and folklore. US $4.49 [0 bids]
ARMEN DONELIAN - SAYAT-NOVA: SONGS OF MY ANCESTORS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.93 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Sheila Chandra : Weaving my ancestors voices CD US $8.64 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Throw Me The Statue Ancestors PROMO CD Single US $2.49 Buy It Now 10h 42m
STONE GROVE Calling Back the Ancestors JAPAN ONLY CD OBI PCCY-00822 Working Week US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 18m
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop The Ancestors Of Rap - unmixed CD US $27.56 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Sheila Chandra : Weaving my ancestors voices CD US $6.81 Buy It Now 15h 19m
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire Vinyl Record LP US $19.72 Buy It Now 17h 11m
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop - The Ancestors Of Rap - 2xLP US $38.91 Buy It Now 21h 16m
PAGAN LAND Shadows Of Forgotten Ancestors | TINI ZABUTYH PREDKOV Carpathia (CD) US $12.30 Buy It Now 23h 51m
ANCESTORS BLOOD "Return of the Ancient Ones" LP nokturnal mortum graveland US $23.51 Buy It Now 1 day
ANCESTORS BLOOD "A Moment of Clarity" LP nokturnal mortum graveland US $23.51 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE MONO Afro Jazz LP BIG BLACK Message To Our Ancestors UNI VG+ SHRINK US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neptune with Fire [Slipcase] by Ancestors (L.A.) (CD, Mar-2008, North... US $2.99 [0 bids]
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville (CD, 1988, Polygram) US $41.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Radio Moscow S/T 7" earthless kadavar joy ancestors Volcom Ent. BLUE VINYL / NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Ancestors by Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family *New CD* US $11.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors [CD New] US $17.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors Of Rap [LP] V/A *SEALED* [Tramp; TRLP 9019] (Germany) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ill-Tolerance "Prospects Of Terror" Tape Ives Ancestors Bone Awl Archgoat Horna US $3.99 [0 bids]
Heathen Fury "Demo" Tape White Medal Sump Vetala Graveland Bone Awl Ancestors US $4.99 [0 bids]
TEMBO & NGOZI FAMILY & CHRISSY ZEBBY - MY ANCESTORS NEW CD US $21.65 Buy It Now 2 days
MANDALABAND - BC ANCESTORS NEW OCT 09 SUPERB PROJECT US $16.52 Buy It Now 2 days
volcom ent. vinyl club antler wings by ancestors US $2.50 [0 bids]
Neville, Ivan If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD US $6.60 Buy It Now 2 days
All Our Ancestors by Tuu (CD album 1994 Beyond Records Electronic Ambient Tribal US $0.99 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW soul LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Rubbadubb(12" Vinyl P/S)Tribute To Our Ancestors-East West---Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $24.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Ivan Neville Promo LP 1988 If my ancestors could see me ( VG ++ ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
TAUMBU INTERNATIONAL ENSEMBLE SONG OF THE ANCESTORS BRAND NEW-SEALED CASSETTE US $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Willie Charles Gray - My Ancestors - Rare 1967 SOUL PROMO PRESS 7" VG SSS 725 US $11.33 Buy It Now 3 days
Randy Weston, Spirits of Our Ancestors Audio CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD (1993) US $4.34 Buy It Now 3 days
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $8.80 Buy It Now 3 days
A Voice Spirit of The Ancestors -- NEW CD Taiwan US $34.95 Buy It Now 3 days
IVAN NEVILLE If My Ancestors CASSETTE US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
3 cd singles: Destiny's Child = Survivor + Jocasta + Tribute To Our Ancestors US $1.62 [0 bids]
All Our Ancestors - Tuu 05466641 US $12.57 Buy It Now 4 days
Such As I Am - Ashes of Our Ancestors [2006] US $0.99 [0 bids]
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $4.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Kings of Tomorrow - Ancestors 12" Vinyl TEST PRESSING DVR02 Treasa Fennie US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RENEE ROSNES**ANCESTORS**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
ANCESTORS-II Youth Attack Black Metal US $15.00 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS EVP Recorder Youth Attack US $80.00 [0 bids]
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $4.99 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE: If My Ancestors Could See Me Now US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW VINYL US $22.38 Buy It Now 5 days
Renee Rosnes - Ancestors (CD 1996) US $8.04 Buy It Now 5 days
CD: Spirits of the Ancestors (1993) US $3.16 [0 bids]
LISA PERTILLAR BREVARD, IN PRAISE OF ANCESTORS US $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days
WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES (GOLD REI BY CHANDRA,SHEILA (CD) US $19.90 Buy It Now 5 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $8.50 [0 bids]
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $30.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Invisible White LP Vinyl Record US $21.58 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [Vinyl New] US $17.28 Buy It Now 5 days
BIG BLACK - MESSAGE TO OUR ANCESTORS - UNI LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KLEZ-EDGE - ANCESTORS, MINDRELES, NAGILA MONSTERS - NEW CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 5 days
IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW ( 1988 VINYL LP ) US $4.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Chartwell Dutiro : Voices of Ancestors CD (2001) US $13.37 Buy It Now 5 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors' Voices [CD New] US $13.10 Buy It Now 6 days
Woddrea Mylenstede "Raw Rehearsals" Tape Sump Skullflower Vetala Ancestors Haxan US $3.99 [0 bids]
SHEILA CHANDRA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES (GOLD) (REISSUE) NEW CD US $18.06 Buy It Now 6 days
Spirits Of The Ancestors - Rare New Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors by Renee Rosnes (CD, Apr-1996, Blue Note (Label)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Sayat-Nova: Songs of My Ancestors by Armen Donelian *New CD* US $12.65 Buy It Now 6 days
ARIYA ASTROBEAT ARKESTRA - FUTURE ANCESTORS / GET ON THE FLOOR 7" US $8.75 Buy It Now 6 days
TUU - ALL OUR ANCESTORS NEW CD US $20.93 Buy It Now 6 days
Isiphiwo Samadlozi Gift of the Ancestors II CD Joe Hlupheka Bayana Autographed 2 US $23.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 6 days
WHITE VISITATION - Ancestors - 12" US $18.40 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors - Invisible White EP (NEW CD) US $19.84 Buy It Now 6 days
Sump "Live In Yorkshire" Tape White Medal Vetala Ancestors Armatus Bone Awl MGLA US $4.99 [0 bids]
Tuu - All Our Ancestors [CD New] US $14.04 Buy It Now 7 days
Mandalaband Iii - Bc-Ancestors [CD New] US $20.84 Buy It Now 7 days
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville Polydor 1988 Original Print US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Transglobal Underground Backpacking On The Graves Of Our Ancestors (1991 - 1998) US $16.20 Buy It Now 7 days
VOICE OF THE ANCESTORS: KARAKALPAKISTAN - NEW CD US $12.28 Buy It Now 7 days
ANCESTORS (L.A.) - IN DREAMS AND TIME [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.10 Buy It Now 7 days
V/A Ancestors Of Rap 2x LP+7" NEW VINYL Tramp James Brown Blowfly Butterball US $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Tuu - All Our Ancestors CD Pop New Age Meditation US $18.29 Buy It Now 7 days
Gary Richard : Spirits of the Ancestors CD (1995) US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
And Ancestors Still Remain - Lutece: New Audio CD US $13.37 Buy It Now 7 days
Rubbadubb-Tribute to Our Ancestors CD Single New US $6.32 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & And Time (NEW CD) US $19.84 Buy It Now 8 days
Various - Ancestors Of Rap 2xLP + 7" Tramp TRLP-9019 US $48.55 Buy It Now 8 days
Solomon Islands: Cry of the Ancestors, New Music US $12.29 Buy It Now 8 days
Song for My Ancestors by Lisa Thiel *New CD* US $20.01 Buy It Now 8 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD US $16.19 Buy It Now 8 days
PA-6 Spirits of the Ancestors by Gary Richard (CD, Dec-1998, North Sound) US $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ROYAL HARTIGAN ENSEM - ANCESTORS * - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.15 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors Of Rap [Vinyl New] US $32.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors: Invisible White EP CD 2011 Tee Pee Records TPE 128-2 Digipak NEW US $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors: Of Sound Mind CD 2009 Tee Pee Records TPE 109 Digipak NEW US $11.95 Buy It Now 9 days
VG+ MESSAGE TO OUR ANCESTORS INTRODUCING BIG BLACK LP UNIVERSAL RECORDS 73012 US $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors Voi (1998) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 9 days
Sayat Nova:songs Of My Ancestors - Donelian,Armen US $15.34 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors Eyes Leask, David MUSIC CD US $18.81 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors are Amongst Us - Kahil's Ri El'zabar New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Sh US $18.58 Buy It Now 9 days
CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO - MY ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $14.82 Buy It Now 9 days
Armen Donelian - Sayat-Nova: Songs Of My Ancestors [CD New] US $16.91 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Of Sound Mind reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Of Sound Mind" is the 2nd full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through Tee Pee Records in October 2009.

Ancestors play an interesting mix of stoner metal and 70s psychadelic/progressive rock and in addtion to guitars, drums, bass and vocals, there are keyboards, electronics and an omnipresent organ featured in the music. The vocal style varies between raw and clean (when the vocals are most mellow they remind me of the vocal style on the early seventies releases by Pink Floyd). The bandīs debut album "Neptune With Fire (2008)" was quite a mouthful, as it consisted of only two 15 - 20 minutes long tracks of stoner metal with long sections of jamming and only limited use of vocals.

Ancestors have developed their sound significantly since the debut though and while most tracks featured on "Of Sound Mind" are still very long (out of 8 tracks on the 71:26 minutes long album, 4 tracks exceed the 12 minutes mark), the tracks are much better composed and more structured than the tracks from the debut album. There are still some long jamming parts on the album, and I have to admit that some of the parts in tracks like "Bounty of Age" and especially the 17:34 minute long "The Trial" go on a bit too long for my taste.

I wasnīt exactly expecting to be blown away by "Of Sound Mind" as I found "Neptune With Fire (2008)" a bit unfocused and lacking structure. "Of Sound Mind" has really surprised me though and to my ears itīs a quality album, featuring solid musicianship, an organic sound production and some well written material. I still find some of the jamming parts unnecesarily long but thatīs ultimately an aquired taste so I wonīt hold it against the album. A 3.5 - 4 star (75%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#396478) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 08, 2011

4 stars Over the last few months I have briefly conversed with band guitarist Justin Maranga through blog comments and the odd email with regards to the band's first release, and this, their sophomore release - due out October the 6th on Tee Pee Records. Judging from his opinion and my own excitement, i ... (read more)

Report this review (#245625) | Posted by SometimeWorld | Thursday, October 22, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Of Sound Mind"