BARBARO (MA NON TROPPO)

Studio Album, released in 2009

CD:

1. Vertiges (16:25)
2. A Last Drop (11:25)
3. Jack The Ripper (16:22)

DVD:

Live at Rock In Opposition ? France Event, 2007

Electric Concert : Sunday, April 15

1. Jack The Ripper (16:01)
2. Ceux d'en Bas (suite) (12:46)
3. Promenade au Fond d'un Canal (26:14)

Two Pianos and Percussion: Saturday, April 14

4. Souls For Sale (24:14)
5. Vertiges (17:55)

Live at Gouveia Art Rock Festival ? Portugal, April 2006

6. The Limping Little Girl (12:43)
7. A Last Drop (11:36)
8. Vertiges (10:24)

Bonus archival videos

9. Present C.O.D. (7:27)
10. Present 94 (8:38)
11. Delusions At Orion (17:18)
12. Present 2001 in Wurzburg (6:39)

Total time: 173 minutes

-Pierre Desassis- saxaphone
-Udi Koorman- sound
-Laurent Van Gorp- tube

AD HOC RECORDS

Thanks to sinkadotentree for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

PRESENT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PRESENT Barbaro (Ma non troppo) Music

George Cotsirilos Trio Past Present (2010) CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 34m 5s
XTM AND DJ CHUCKY PRESENT ANNIA FLY ON THE WINGS OF LOV US $16.79 Buy It Now 1h 56m
VARIOUS - Present Tense - 2xLP US $30.06 Buy It Now 2h 11m
SYMBOLYC ONE & ILLMIND Present THE ART OF ONEMIND (NEW & SEALED) CD Hip-Hop US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
APOLLO - PAST PRESENT FUTURE CD Ambient US $10.41 Buy It Now 2h 25m
NEW - Living in the Present by Cherry, Eagle Eye US $26.94 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Wedding Present - Live 1990 CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Wedding Present - Live 1991 CD US $24.78 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Keysound Recordings Present This Is How We Roll CD US $20.22 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Michel Polnareff - Passe Present CD US $32.49 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Aron Burton - Past Present & Future CD US $17.61 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Burrell Brothers - Burrell Brothers Present: The Nu Groove Years 1988 CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Burnerz - Zumbi & The Are Present The Burnerz CD US $15.20 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Ronco Presents a Christmas Present - LP US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
THE LONGINES SYMPHONETTE SOCIETY PROUDLY PRESENT LORD I'M COMING HOME Volume One US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
EDWARD LEAR People past and present CHARLES LEWSEN Fontana 4FP9501 1969 US $14.41 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Mandarin, Fast Future Present CD Album US $5.35 Buy It Now 3h 3m
GRUBER, FRANZ XAVER - A CHRISTMAS PRESENT FROM POLYPHONY - NEW CD US $6.64 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Disney Records Present Toddler Sing-Along CD NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Youngbloods present Joe Bauer: Moonset LP white label promo US $5.60 Buy It Now 3h 54m
THE MOODY BLUES - THE PRESENT - VINYL LP RECORD - 810 119-1 US $35.05 [0 bids]
Wedding Present - Interstate 5 - UK CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Wedding Present - It's a Gas 2 mixes - UK CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Wedding Present - Montreal - UK CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Wedding Present - Seamonsters - US CD Album US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Wedding Present - Tommy - French CD Album US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Wedding Present - Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah UK CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
TRIFFIDS PRESENT THE BLACK ROSE NEW RECORDING 1989 30X20 POSTER ADVERT EX CON US $4.79 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Blank & And Jones Present So 80's - Various Ar (NEW CD) US $28.84 Buy It Now 4h 48m
SADLER'S WELLS OPERA PRESENT "CARMEN" COLIN DAVIS UK MONO IMPORT MINT LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
5h
CD THE BARNSTOMPERS "PRESENT WESTERN RHYTHM" WESTERN SWING US $20.50 Buy It Now 5h 17m
ERIC COPELAND Get Along 7" OOP indie Post Present Medium US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 22m
The Neptunes - The Neptunes Present Clones - Japan CD Kelis Featuring Nas US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Steve Kilbey and Ricky Maymi present David Neil Wilderness Years LP Vinyl US $45.00 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Take That - Greatest Day -- Present (The Circus Live) (2 X CD) US $3.98 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Toto, Past to Present Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
33 rpm LP NEW JOSEPH BERUH and PETER KATZ present Leave It To Jane US $34.90 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Lot: 2 OREGON LPs Vanguard Music Of Another Present Era US $14.95 Buy It Now 6h 7m
WEDDING PRESENT Brassneck 45 rpm PICTURE SLEEVE RCA 1990 U.K. Press INDIE ROCK US $7.95 Buy It Now 6h 9m
DARRYL PAYNE - Past Present & Future ~ VINYL LP US $28.84 Buy It Now 6h 9m
The Kinks Present a soap Opera LP EX+ LPL1-5081 Brown Label US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Wet Cat Company Mitchy Slick & Damu Present Strong Arm Robbery Tiny Doo Ric Nutt US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Norman Jay - Miss Moneypenny's Present 1999 2 CD QUALITY CHECKED US $17.62 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Meat Katie & Lot49 Present : Seven Year Itch CD (2011) US $10.41 Buy It Now 6h 37m
VARIOUS ARTISTS (SOUNDTRACK)**PRESENT**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Perfumed Garden Vol One CD Past & Present Label US $16.03 Buy It Now 7h 33m
Perfumed Garden Vol 2 CD Past & Present Label US $16.03 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Perfumed Garden Vol 3 CD Past & Present Label US $16.03 Buy It Now 7h 39m
The Past Is Present by Jason Barie (CD, Jan-2007, Pinecastle) US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Green Day NME & Green Day Present Generation Punk 14 Tracks Rare OOP Filter Punk US $2.99 [0 bids]
CLANNAD Past Present vinyl LP US $9.62 Buy It Now 7h 49m
DJ FLEX Present Feedback EP "Amazing" 12" US $9.62 Buy It Now 7h 51m
STRETCH & VERN present MADDOG I'm Alive 12" US $12.83 Buy It Now 7h 52m
VARIOUS ARTISTS In Concert Gospel Artists Present LP 1970 US $16.03 Buy It Now 7h 54m
JONATHAN KING Greatest Hits Past Present Future UK LP US $16.03 Buy It Now 7h 55m
VARIOUS ARTISTS Hairbrush Divas present Sing-a-long Summer 3x CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 7h 56m
REFELCTION The Present Tense: Songs of Sydney Carter vinyl LP Sound Clip US $12.83 Buy It Now 8h
XAVIER The Present 365 / Just a Vibe 2310 12" promo US $12.83 Buy It Now 8h
Jo Stafford & Paul Weston Present...Jonathan & Darlene Edwards - Great E+ LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 8h 3m
DEXTER & WANDA: Past, Present & Future / How Can I Show You 45 Soul US $18.00 Buy It Now 8h 17m
Spice Girls Present... The Best Girl Power Album...Ever! (CD, 1997, Canada) US $3.95 Buy It Now 8h 24m
T Graham Brown The Present Fold Out Booklet & 5 Song Live CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 34m
UB40 CD Present Arms Japan with OBI VJD-28221 US $9.99 [0 bids]
PRESENT CD Triskaidekaphobie La Poison Qui Rend Fou US $13.99 Buy It Now 8h 36m
The Turtles Present The Battle of The Bands on Original White Whale Label VG++ US $36.99 [0 bids]
V/A A different kind of tension Vinyl LP PRLP1 1986 Soup Dragons Wedding Present US $20.83 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Past to Present 1977-1990 by Toto (CD, Sep-1990, Columbia (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Andy Williams - Christmas Present LP (G) 12" US $3.96 Buy It Now 8h 48m
WEDDING PRESENT UK 1991 CASSETTE Single Dalliance NEW US $4.79 Buy It Now 8h 48m
WEDDING PRESENT UK 1990 CASSETTE Single Brassneck MINT US $5.60 Buy It Now 8h 48m
Slum Village : Trinity (Past, Present and Future) CD (2002) US $4.34 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Grand Ole Opry Past & Present, Sears label SPS 114 Stereo. New & sealed US $6.00 Buy It Now 8h 51m
The Awesome 2 Present: The History of Rap, Vol. 1 by Awesome 2 *New CD* US $10.24 Buy It Now 8h 51m
Past, Present and Future by Al Stewart (CD, Sep-1992, Rhino (Label)) US $5.94 Buy It Now 8h 54m
PAUL REVERE & THE RAIDERS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT...AND PAST CS 9555 LP SEALED US $13.00 Buy It Now 8h 59m
The Len Bright Combo Present the Len Bright Combo by the Len Bright ... *New CD* US $14.02 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Bizarro by The Wedding Present *New CD* US $7.66 Buy It Now 9h
Past, Present, & Future by Aron Burton *New CD* US $11.50 Buy It Now 9h
Present (ost) - VARIOUS ARTISTS New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $18.12 Buy It Now 9h 2m
Rodney Crowell My Past Is Present promo 45 (C201) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Shiva Rea & Alex Theory Present:risin - Rea,Shiva US $12.95 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Irish Roses - Irish Roses Present: Music For Dancing [CD New] US $12.04 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Shaggy - Out Of Many One Music: Sly & Robbie Present Shaggy [CD New] US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 13m
No Friends of Harry-The Present Has Passed-BEST OF-SOUTH AFRICAN GOTH ROCK-CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 19m
History Past, Present and Future Book I, Jackson, Michael, New US $15.44 Buy It Now 9h 20m
VINTAGE, 20ANOS DESPUES, EL PASADO CONVERTIDO EN PRESENT EL COMO DEL AYER, NM/VG US $5.88 Buy It Now 9h 37m
TOOL NECKLACE PLECTRUM PICK IN PACKAGING IDEAL GIFT PRESENT US $6.40 Buy It Now 9h 49m
MORGANA LEFAY - PAST PRESENT FUTURE [MORGANA LEFAY] - NEW CD US $20.24 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Hed Kandi Present (The Mix 2008 2007) HEDK074 US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 6m
Masters At Work Present Latin Verve S - At Work Masters New & Sealed Compact Dis US $23.99 Buy It Now 10h 13m
The William Brothers Present: The Comforters SEALED Black Gospel LP 1987 SGP2255 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Sly & Robbie Present Taxi by Sly & Robbie (CD, Dec-1991, Mango) US $1.54 [3 bids]
SPAIN import LOVELIES Tuff Of The Tracks CD WEEDING PRESENT 1997 NEW sealed US $16.88 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Fred Astaire "There's No Time Like The Present" b/w "Hello Baby" 45rpm Verve US $1.50 Buy It Now 10h 56m
FRANK BULL AND JEAN NORMAN PRESENT TEDDY BUCKNER EP VOUGE EPV 1129 RARE US $4.79 [0 bids]
Volume 11 CD & Book Autumn 94 primal scream henry rollins wedding present helmet US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 3m
CD "2020 D-Vision Present D-World" Deadbeats + NLO ++ electronica IMPORT US $0.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Christmas Present [CD New] US $13.78 Buy It Now 11h 12m
Tahiti 80 The Past The Present & The Possible CD Promo US $9.00 Buy It Now 11h 17m
THE MOODY BLUES The Present 1983 Threshold GF LP TRL-1-2902 NR/MINT w/sleeve US $6.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m

More places to buy PRESENT music online Buy PRESENT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PRESENT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PRESENT Barbaro (Ma non troppo) ratings distribution

PRESENT Barbaro (Ma non troppo) reviews

4 stars 4.5 stars.It's been 8 long years since the last PRESENT album ("High Infidelity") so I was very anxious to get the new one. I received it about a week ago and have been giving it plenty of spins. Interesting that the core six of the lineup from "High Infidelity" are still here. Roger Trigaux and his son Reginald on guitars, Pierre Chevalier on piano and keyboards, Dave Kerman on drums and percussions, Keith Macksoud on bass, and Matthieu Safatly on cello. We also get Pierre Desassis on sax, and our own Udi Koomran is back to make sure this sounds perfect (and it does). This comes with a 3 hour DVD of live material as well. I'm going to focus on the studio album only. One of the first things I noticed is that this album has no vocals, it's an all-instrumental affair.The length of this cd is just over 44 minutes of music, which for me is really refreshing after all those 70 plus minute cds we seem to get these days. Three tracks including a cover of UNIVERS ZERO's "Jack The Ripper" from their "Heresie" album. Maybe it's just me but this new PRESENT album has more in common with their first two records then the ones inbetween.

"Vertiges" is a good example of this with the collage of sounds that fill the soundscape. It's just a joy to try to pick out all the different sounds that come and go. Some great piano then it settles with cello. Some huge bass comes and goes as well. This is great as the tempo continues to shift. Intense 6 1/2 minutes in. Sax 8 minutes in. A haunting calm before 10 minutes then it kicks back in after 11 minutes. Great section. Eerie sounds as it settles before 12 minutes. Lots of cello and abrupt outbursts. The tempo starts to pick back up before 14 minutes. Nice bass lines here with guitar. The piano that follows really impresses.

"A Last Drop" opens with piano then these prominant bass lines join in. So much going on though. Check out Kerman ! This builds to an intense climax then an eerie calm follows. A pleasant calm after 7 minutes then it kicks back in. It's building. This is amazing ! It settles once again after 8 1/2 minutes pretty much to the end. "Jack The Ripper" has this dark and haunting intro (surprise) as cello joins the sparse piano. More intense after 2 1/2 minutes as it builds. It then settles with guitar and cello 5 minutes in. It kicks back in with slicing cello and some fat bass. A dead calm 7 minutes in then strange sounds come in as it builds. So intense 10 minutes in then we get a calm. It's building again with piano this time and strange guitar sounds. Suspense until 14 1/2 minutes in. It then picks back up 15 minutes in to the end.

This has to be in my top three of favourite PRESENT albums although they all are so good.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#248200) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Review by TheGazzardian
4 stars Present's latest features three extended compositions, one of which is a cover of a Univers Zero track. This album costs a pretty penny, partially because it comes packaged with a DVD of live material, and it might be hard to consider shelling over that much money for what is really just two new compositions.

Let me tell you that you won't feel like you wasted a cent.

The music on this album is absolutely superb. It is my first experience with the Belgian RIO scene but boy did it make me care a lot. From the first ten seconds of the opening track, "Vertiges", I was absolutely captivated and knew that my money had not gone to waste.

The sound of the album is dense, aggressive, dark, dangerous, and at times even a little frightening. This is not a band trying to win you over with catchy hooks or melodies. The music is incredibly well crafted dramatic darkness. The entire band is very talented, and the interplay between the instruments really works well.

I haven't listened to the original version of Jack The Ripper unfortunately (I've only recently begun my journey through the music of Univers Zero, starting with their most recent as well) but the version on this album is definitely an enjoyable listen. Whenever I play it, if my roommate happens to overhear, he always comments that it sounds like I am listening to "Serial Killer Music" (which I have since informed him means the band is probably doing their job right, given the subject matter).

So, musically satisfied from the CD, I moved on to the DVD, and it too was an excellent experience. My favorite clips are the three from their electric concert at RIOFest 2007. Their first track is Jack The Ripper, and it is amazing how well they are able to pull it off live. Each band member seems to get their own personality through the show too. The bassist always makes me think of what Malcolm Reynolds (from Firefly) would be like if he played bass. No idea why, maybe it's the haircut. Pierre Chevalier is like the Lex Luthor of keyboards. Bandleader Roger Trigaux is like the mad scientist of the group. (His presence conducting the last track, Proemanade... is somewhat terrifying). Drummer Dave Kerman just seems like he's having a good time, yet at the same time his skill with the instrument is apparent. And so forth.

There are also some surprising moments on the two tracks that aren't covered on the album - the ghoulish vocals of the Trigaux clan on Ceux d'en Bas really made an impression on me, as did the appearance of Laurent Van Gorp on tube at the end of Promenade... (watch the video, you'll see what I mean).

The other videos are all interesting as well - the grand piano version of Vertiges was pretty different from the album version for example, but still an interesting listen. (I do prefer the live version from the 2006 set though, I like the way it sounds with more instruments).

Ultimately - a great purchase from a great band, I mean if it weren't for the price tag, I'm pretty sure this album would have created a lot more buzz around here by now.

Send comments to TheGazzardian (BETA) | Report this review (#307723) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 31, 2010

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars 4.5 stars really!!!

Intro: It had been a while since present had released a new studio album (Hi Indefidelity dated from the first part of the 00's), and the live album (of a 90's tour) only partly quenched our thirst for more of the same (Ma Non Troppo, if possible ;o)))) ?. And to say the least, our patience got only half-rewarded?. Only three tracks (rather long, though) for a rather short album (by today's standards), and one of them being a re-visitation of an UZ's early classic. But to make-up for that, the ReR label added a superb and much-awaited-for DVD containing almost all of the available live Present footage all era included. The two discs come in a Cd + DVD package that's become a bit Cuneiform's trademark (ReR is a close collaborator and most of Present's discography in on Feigelbaum's label) and thus making it an absolute must for fans. The modern (now) line-up is fairly much the same as it was when I'd last seen them in 04 at Studio Athanor (an evening spent first in a UZ concert played a mile away, then in the company of Guy Seghers for a gigantic amounts of laugh and chicks a-go-go >> I kid you not, at a Present concert!!!), and it's quite a joy to hear their communion in the studios, sort of an intergenerational paternal:child friendly and musical confrontation: Roger, Chevalier and Kerman "crossing blades" with Reginald, Safaty and Desassis

First the studio album: the two "new" tracks are your typical Present tracks, even if with the "new" expanded line-up, there is little possible confusion and you couldn't possibly confuse it with any other band in the world, UZ included. Even the Jack the Ripper (present ? so to speak - on UZ's Hérésie album) sounds like the typical Present tune, despite a DD compositional touch that (thankfully) couldn't be expunged and Udi Koomran's production is absolutely phenomenal, even if this is hardly an incident, given the man's usual talent. Vertiges is pure bliss, while Last Drop (the one that overflowed the teacup) drips suaveness with its classical influences. These "songs" have obviously existed for a while, since Last Drop was played live in 06 and Vertiges since 07.

Next come the DVD: the main attraction of this double-disc set, and also produced by the mega-fine Udi, even if he had to deal with the original sound quality of the historical footages. Starting oiut with the RIO 2007 set (Trigaux is one of the co-organizers), comprising of only three tracks, all of them from the old days, including UZ's Ripper, the classic Ceux D'En Bas (from their N°6) and the ultra-classic Promenade Au Fond d'Un Canal, the latter having an outstanding self-destructing finale, when some human beast dressed as a wild Scot/Pict savage ala Braveheart comes in the forefront and starts hitting binary-ly a metal bar with a hammer as the band's crescendos until they reach the point of no return when Roger destroys his guitar on the stage and on his keyboard, while Kerman is chaining his skin and the whole group goes bezerk. A sure way to get a standing ovation, which they'll get. The second part is the next day's acoustic concert involving two pianos (Chevalier and De Vleeshouwer) and tons of percussions, including two and a half drum sets (Kerman and as a surprise appearance Daniel Denis, while Roger bangs as he can ion a partial set) and other hitting instruments (I think they're seven on stage at one point), the whole thing on some visual effects (in the type UZ had developed for their Implosion tour in 04), thus giving an awesome unique experience concert to the first Carmeaux RIO festival. Just as much a treat as the next day's normal set, probably a tad more enjoyable due to its unique one-shot-only nature . more stuff on the DVD: the previous year, Present had participated to the Portuguese festival in Gouveia and had given a solid, but "normal" set (given the usual festival set length), providing a fairly different set than Carmeaux's (but filmed in 4/3 format), including the classic Limping Girl (again from N°6). Further down (and a bit accessorily), we get some excerpts of the Trigaux father and son COD (side-) project on two electric guitars. Another treat is the outdoors Carmeaux' prior-to-RIO festival's 94 edition excerpt, where Present played (with Daniel on drums), while other tidbits date from Wurzburg's 01 festival and an Orion appearance.

Conclusion: If you're anywhere close to a RIO-Zeuhl-Avant-prog fan, this double- disc package is an absolute must (in good part due to the DVD, but not just that) and one to treasure away, much the same way you would, once Daniel and Steve agree to release the much-awaited UZ future DVD to come (hint, hint, guys ;-)))). But let's leave the wishful thinking to the fantasy realm and head back to the Present reality. Definitely not a cheap artefact, but it's definitely worth the investment and it might even be adequate as best possible introduction to a newbie to Present's musical realm.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#375077) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 07, 2011

Review by Starhammer
4 stars Ode to a dark alleyway....

After an eight year gap from their last 'burst' of activity the Belgian RIO royalty deliver the goods again.

The Good: I've always enjoyed Present's albums from the 1980s but found their overall effect to be diluted by weak production. In contrast this album provides all the brooding tension of their earlier works, but in a high fidelity package. I also love the variation found on this release, from the darkly atmospheric Vertiges, to the more upbeat, almost groovy A Last Drop.

The Bad: I prefer the opening two tracks to the Univers Zero cover, Jack the Ripper, although this is marginal and may just be because they're fresher.

The Verdict: Turn off the lights and turn up the volume.

Send comments to Starhammer (BETA) | Report this review (#439499) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars I wasn't impressed by Present's comeback album Certitudes, which I thought fell far short of their first two great studio albums, but Barbaro has convinced me that I really need to take take another look at the albums that followed Certitudes, because there's some great stuff on here. Even if you set aside the fantastic DVD that comes with this set and is stuffed full of juicy live performances from the band, the CD comes with two great chamber rock spookfests as well as a fine performance of Jack the Ripper, one of Roger Trigaux' Univers Zero-era compositions which had pride of place on their classic Heresie. On the whole, because of the inclusion of this cover version I am inclined to consider this a DVD set which happens to have an EP attached, but the whole package is good enough to make me want to explore latter-day Present a bit more.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#744065) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012

5 stars Barbaro got my attention on the list of 'TOP 100 Little Known But Highly Rated Studio Albums of All Time''. I did not hesitate to get the album since I am really interested in rock in opposition and Belgian progressive music at the same time. Musicianship limits was really pushed hard in this al ... (read more)

Report this review (#300681) | Posted by omardiyejon | Monday, September 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Six stars. Best music of all time. This is the definition of 21st century progressive music. Summary: unequalled compositions and musicianship. After an intensive listen to Barbaro (ma non troppo), Close to the Edge or Thick as a Brick seems to have the musical appeal of a nursery rhyme or "t ... (read more)

Report this review (#271908) | Posted by spleenache | Sunday, March 14, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Present is one of those bands that just keeps getting better with each release. They've released some amazing stuff since their comeback with Certitudes (if we don't count the C. O. D. Performance) and each release bested its predecessor. The last studio album came in 2001, so expectations were nat ... (read more)

Report this review (#250035) | Posted by maribor | Wednesday, November 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PRESENT "Barbaro (Ma non troppo)"