FRENGERS

1. Am I Wry? No (4:52)
2. 156 (4:54)
3. Snow Brigade (4:17)
4. Symmetry (5:38)
5. Behind the Drapes (3:37)
6. Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years (2:44)
7. Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed (4:48)
8. She Came Home for Christmas (3:54)
9. She Spider (4:38)
10. Comforting Sounds (8:53)

Search MEW Frengers lyrics

Search MEW Frengers tabs

- Jonas Bjerre / vocals, guitar
- Bo Madsen / guitar
- Johan Wohlert / bass
- Silas Graae / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

MEW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MEW Frengers Music

Extra tracks · Import
Sbme Import 2003
FRENGERS +2FRENGERS +2
SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT JAPAN
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia (USA)) rock CD LIKE NEW USD $5.25 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
MEW Frengers 2 LP WHITE VINYL /500 the war on drugs sigur ros arcade fire feist USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Mew Frengers 2x White Vinyl LP /500 Sigur Ros Arcade Fire Coldplay Feist USD $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MEW - FRENGERS - VINYL 2-LP 2014 NEW USD $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MEW - Frengers (US pressing) USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia (USA)) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mew Frengers 2LP White Color 180 Gram Vinyl Limited Edition of 500 Radiohead NEW USD $54.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Mew Frengers NEW ships Fast not a promo combined shipping USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia (USA)) USD $10.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Mew - Frengers [Vinyl New] USD $36.21 Buy It Now 4 days
MEW - FRENGERS (BONUS) (TRACKS) (GATE) (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL USD $42.95 Buy It Now 4 days
MEW "FRENGERS"CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Frengers - Mew New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $11.69 Buy It Now 5 days
Mew - Frengers [CD New] USD $45.49 Buy It Now 5 days
MEW - FRENGERS [JAPAN BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD USD $42.51 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW RARE Mew - Frengers White Vinyl x/500 more glass USD $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Mew "No More Stories Are Told Today Sorry... " SIGNED CD (Frengers, Glass Handed USD $30.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Frengers, Mew, New USD $9.24 Buy It Now 9 days
CD . Mew . Frengers . USD $7.96 Buy It Now 11 days
Mew Frengers 2 x LP 180g White Vinyl /500 USD $39.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Mew Frengers 2 x LP 180g Pink Vinyl /1000 USD $39.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Mew - Frengers 2014 [Vinyl New] USD $36.21 Buy It Now 11 days
Mew - Am I Wry? No UK SINGLE 2CD SET LIMITED EDITION VERY RARE Frengers USD $149.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia (USA)) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW! Mew - Frengers 2xLP 180 Gram WHITE Vinyl x/500 Bonus tracks Insert Gatefold USD $53.98 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW Frengers CD w/ 2 Japan Bonus Tracks 2003 Near-MINT w/ Obi & Bio USD $20.00 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW - Frengers Limited 180 Gram 2XLP RED VINYL Gatefold, Insert USD $32.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Frengers - Mew (2007, CD New) USD $7.63 Buy It Now 13 days
Mew *Frengers* New PINK Vinyl 180G LPs Rare@1000 Rock Indie Shoegaze Bonus Track USD $37.99 Buy It Now 13 days
MEW / frengers /JAPAN LTD CD OBI bonus track USD $12.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Mew - Frengers [CD New] USD $7.65 Buy It Now 13 days
MEW - FRENGERS NEW CD USD $11.50 Buy It Now 13 days
MEW FRENGERS SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION JAPAN CD + BONUS DVD BOX USD $54.99 Buy It Now 15 days
MEW FRENGERS CD NEW! I MPORT SONY MUSIC UK! "SHE CAME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
FRENGERS BY MEW (CD) USD $15.15 Buy It Now 16 days
MEW FRENGERS Brand New SEALED CD USD $10.75 Buy It Now 17 days
Mew - Frengers CD USD $12.19 Buy It Now 17 days
Mew / Frengers / Special Limited Edition / Japan Import / CD+DVD USD $39.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED w/Crack USD $2.99 Buy It Now 20 days
MEW: FRENGERS NEW CD 2003 USD $13.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Mew Frengers CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 21 days
Mew Frengers Vinyl 2xLP Red /1500 New Gatefold USD $33.99 Buy It Now 21 days
MEW**FRENGERS**CD USD $5.95 Buy It Now 22 days
Mew : Frengers (Limited Edition) CD (2003) USD $2.78 Buy It Now 23 days
Mew : Frengers: Not Quite Friends But Not Quite Strangers CD (2003) USD $2.35 Buy It Now 23 days
MEW - A TRIUMPH FOR MAN 2 CD DELUXE REISSUE OOP RARE MINT FRENGERS USD $75.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Mew - Frengers [2LP] (180 Gram RED Vinyl, 2 bonus tracks, insert, gatefold, limi USD $39.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Mew - Frengers (2007) - Used - Compact Disc USD $0.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia (USA)) *LIKE NEW* USD $5.99 Buy It Now 25 days
MEW FRENGERS VINYL LP NEW PINK GLASS HANDED KITES NO MORE STORIES MEWITHOUTYOU USD $60.00 Buy It Now 26 days
MEW FRENGERS VINYL LP NEW WHITE GLASS HANDED KITES NO MORE STORIES MEWITHOUTYOU USD $60.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Frengers - Mew New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $49.79 Buy It Now 26 days
MEW Frengers 2xLP OOP white vinyl reissue 500 press Shop Radio Cast indie-rock USD $39.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Mew - Frengers CD Japan 12 track EICP 211 bonus tracks USD $6.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Mew Frengers White OOP /500 the war on drugs sigur ros arcade fire feist Sealed USD $29.99 Buy It Now 27 days
MEW - Frengers - gatefold 2xLP USD $48.50 Buy It Now 27 days
MEW Frengers Vinyl 2xLP (180g white #/500) *Rare* OOP LP Postal Service Sold Out USD $49.98 Buy It Now 27 days
Mew "Frengers" 2x LP OOP /500 Sigur Ros USD $69.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Mew - Frengers [2LP] 180 Gram BLACK Vinyl, 2 bonus tracks, insert, gatefold LTD USD $39.00 Buy It Now 28 days
MEW - FRENGERS (BONUS) (TRACKS) (IMPORT) NEW CD USD $48.31 Buy It Now 29 days
MEW FRENGERS 2LP 180g WHITE vinyl NEW USD $69.99 Buy It Now 29 days
NEW Mew - Frengers 2xLP 180 Gram PINK Vinyl Bonus tracks Insert Gatefold LTD OOP USD $39.98 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy MEW music online Buy MEW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MEW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MEW Frengers ratings distribution

MEW Frengers reviews

4 stars 4.5 stars. My daughter introduced me to this band about 3 years ago, I guess it was popular with her and her University friends back then. I ended up buying this one and "And The Glass Handed Kites". On the "RYM" site they list it under three genre headings "Dream Pop", "Indie Pop" and "Progressive Pop". So you get the picture right ? This is poppy but it is proggy as well. And man is it ever good. In fact this album is one of many I have that I will play simply to lift my spirits. It makes me at least feel something and that's what I love about it. The vocalist reminds me of SIGUR ROS' singer only he's singing in English and in a normal way. Oh and the title "Frengers" is according to the liner notes someone who is not quite friends and not quite strangers. Frengers. Hence the album cover (haha). Man I don't like their album covers though.

"Am I Wry? No" is a top three track for me. The drumming is so impressive early on and I like the jangly guitar melodies. Vocals a minute in.This is so uplifting. Great section to end it as the rhythm section becomes prominant. "156" is another top three tune. Spacey winds and strummed guitar to open as reserved vocals come in. It picks up before a minute. So moving. It's really dreamy then it kicks in.Themes are repeated. Great song. "Snow Brigade" has some nice drum / bass work on it as the vocals almost seem to be in the background.They come to the fore on the chorus. Love the chorus. "Symmetry" opens with piano and guest female vocals. Male vocals and acoustic guitar join in. It gets fuller before 2 minutes.

"Behind The Drapes" has this heavy rhythm as vocals join in. How can you not feel emotion listening to this ? "Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years" is catchy with a beat and vocals. "Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed" is the other top three track. It builds slowly. My God when the vocals come in i'm so touched. Nice bass before 2 1/2 minutes. "She Came Home For Christmas" opens with some atmosphere and a beat. Higher than normal vocals join in.This is powerful music. Sounds like violin to end it. "She Spider" opens with acoustic guitar and spacey keys. Soft vocals arrive. It kicks in before 1 1/2 minutes. What a contrast ! This feels so good. Scorching guitar before 3 minutes. "Comforting Sounds" would have been a good title for the album. It's laid back with vocals to open. Piano joins in. It kicks in before 4 1/2 minutes. Nice. The rest of the way is all instrumental.

A special album for me.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#251882) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 20, 2009

Review by UMUR
4 stars Frengers is the third full-length studio album by Danish experimental pop/ rock act Mew. Frengers was the album that earned Mew international commercial success after releasing two albums that by and large only made an impact in Denmark. Several of the songs on the album appeared in other versions on the first two albums by the band. She Came Home for Christmas appeared on A Triumph for Man (1997) while Am I Wry? No, 156, Symmetry, Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years and Comforting Sounds appeared on Half the World Is Watching Me (2000).

The music style on Frengers is experimental alternative rock. Itīs not overtly progressive but there are leanings here and there. Playing with time signatures and unusual song structures in some songs on the album are some of those leanings, but itīs mostly the attitude on the album that oozes the will to experiment and make innovative music. The music is centered around the distinct high pitch vocal style of lead vocalist/ guitarist Jonas Bjerre. He often reminds me of Jónsi Birgisson from Sigur Ros. The mood in the music is melancholic but not really dark. Most of the songs on the album are really excellent and tasteful examples of melacholic/ longing pop/ rock. Songs like She Came Home for Christmas, Am I Wry? No, 156, Symmetry, Snow Brigade, She Spider and Comforting Sounds are of high quality IMO while the three songs that appear in the middle of the album Behind the Drapes, Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years and Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed donīt do as much for me. They are still good but not really excellent to my ears. The opener Am I Wry? No and the beautiful and slow building Comforting Sounds are among my favorites. The latter has an extended slow building almost symphonic ending that should please most fans of progressive rock.

The musicianship is excellent on the album. A great emotional vocalist, adventurous guitar and bass playing and some excellent drumming too.

The production is an excellent, clean sounding and powerful production.

Frengers is an excellent album by Mew and a gigantic step forward compared to earlier releases. The three more ordinary tracks mean that my rating is 3.5 - 4 stars instead of a clean 4 star rating though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#260610) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After falling in love with And The Glass Handed Kites it felt natural to explore more of Mew's discography and Frengers definitely felt like the next move for me considering that it was the band's breakthrough release. In a way, this album can be considered a best-of compilation of their early days since a great deal of the material featured here consists of re-recordings of songs from Mew's first two albums. There's really nothing unusual about this occurrence and many artists try to incorporate more of their early material into the repertoire once they get the attention from a wider audience. The biggest difference is that Mew didn't have a large fan base to distribute their material to, so a move of this sort was quite a bold one and, looking back at it, a successful such!

After only listening to this album for a week or so, I pretty much left it off my playlist and didn't return to it until almost a month later. By that time I've completely forgotten what this release was all about and gave it a new fair chance to impress me. This didn't work in the favor of Frengers, which is sad considering that there are quite a few nice moments scattered all throughout the album. The music is performed by a competent band that has already established their own distinguishable sound and they do have a back catalog of tunes that would satisfy most newcomers. The downside is that the material is all over the place and lacks the consistency that I expect of a single studio release. On top of that, there is also an indie rock-vibe that I truly can't stand that makes its presence known on a couple of occasions. The final nail in the coffin comes from the fact that this is not a progressive rock album and not even the 9 minute long closing track, Comforting Sounds, can change my mind about that.

All in all, Frengers is a good introduction to Mew and their early back catalog but I cannot recommend it to a fan of progressive rock since the music featured here is closer to the indie rock sound of its time than the genre that we're all accustomed to.

***** star songs: Snow Brigade (4:19)

**** star songs: Am I Wry? No (4:55) 156 (4:54) Behind The Drapes (3:38) She Came Home For Christmas (3:54) She Spider (4:37) Comforting Sounds (8:53)

*** star songs: Symmetry (5:38) Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years (2:46) Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed (4:46)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#384696) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 22, 2011

5 stars Breakthrough... "Frengers" was Mew's big breakthrough, and it was an instant hit in their native country Denmark, which in itself is somewhat of a feat, given that the Danish music industry has generally been oriented towards mainstream pop, leaving alternative and progressive rock music buried ... (read more)

Report this review (#254356) | Posted by Time Signature | Saturday, December 05, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Not quite friends, but not quite strangers I am glad to see MEW being added to ProgArchives as their latter works certainly include some progressive elements (especially "And the Glass Handed Kite"). "Frengers" is a bit more straightforward than their latest two releases, but what is amazing ab ... (read more)

Report this review (#252496) | Posted by Yoke | Tuesday, November 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars It's hard not to gush about Frengers. I was hooked from the first spin and there's never a time I can't come back to such a consistently good tracklist. Frengers is the second Mew album I got my hands on. I wasn't completely enthralled with Triumph for Man but there were some excellent tunes ... (read more)

Report this review (#250428) | Posted by Cool Top | Friday, November 13, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MEW "Frengers"