FRENGERS

1. Am I Wry? No (4:52)
2. 156 (4:54)
3. Snow Brigade (4:17)
4. Symmetry (5:38)
5. Behind the Drapes (3:37)
6. Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years (2:44)
7. Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed (4:48)
8. She Came Home for Christmas (3:54)
9. She Spider (4:38)
10. Comforting Sounds (8:53)

Search MEW Frengers lyrics

Search MEW Frengers tabs

- Jonas Bjerre / vocals, guitar
- Bo Madsen / guitar
- Johan Wohlert / bass
- Silas Graae / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

MEW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MEW Frengers Music

Frengers (180 Gram White)Frengers (180 Gram White)
Double LP · Special Limited Edition · Limited Collector's Edition
Half the World Is Watching MeHalf the World Is Watching Me
Evil Office 2007
Eggs Are FunnyEggs Are Funny
Sony Import 2011
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED w/Crack US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Mew Special Promo CD Single US $8.54 Buy It Now 7h 19m
THE METAPHOR s/t CD 2009 Black/Thrash Metal Slayer/Kreator/Morbid Saint MEW US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 28m
Mew Frengers 2XLP White Vinyl LTD 500 Copies US $55.00 Buy It Now 17h 29m
And the Glass Handed Kites by Mew (CD, Jul-2006, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Mew : And The Glass Handed Kites CD (2005) US $9.42 Buy It Now 18h 52m
MEW A Triumph For Man 2-cd set (NEAR MINT) US $69.99 Buy It Now 20h 30m
MEW: FRENGERS NEW CD 2003 US $13.00 Buy It Now 21h 50m
Mew - She Came Home For Christmas/That Time On The Ledge DVD single US $2.81 [0 bids]
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Mew No More Stories 2009 Taiwan Album CD w/OBI 14-Track US $27.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Hume Penumbra vinyl 12" Sockets J Street, Emo, Mew, Colossal, Battles, Volta US $15.00 [0 bids]
Hume - Inverse Fireworks 7" Sockets, Mew, Battles, The National, Kurt Vile US $6.50 [0 bids]
APPARATJIK [COLDPLAY/MEW/A-HA/AUTO GOON] 6 TRACK UK SAMPLER CD US $6.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Mew : Frengers: Not Quite Friends But Not Quite Strangers CD (2003) US $9.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Mew She Came Home For Christmas CD Single US $4.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Mew Special CD Single US $5.12 Buy It Now 1 day
MEW she came home for christmas CD 1 track promo in special sleeve (xpcd2999) uk US $8.54 Buy It Now 1 day
SONGS BY WILLIE NELSON (CD, Feb-2005, UTV) MEW US $6.88 [0 bids]
Mew Frengers CD US $9.42 Buy It Now 1 day
MEW - FRENGERS [MEW] [886970370523] - NEW CD US $5.53 Buy It Now 2 days
MEW "EGGS ARE FUNNY" JAPAN CD+DVD +2 BONUS TRACKS *SEALED* US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Mew she came home for Christmas cd single US $1.69 [0 bids]
Mew she came home for Christmas cd single 2 track promo US $1.69 [0 bids]
Mew the zookeepers boy cd single 1 track promo US $1.69 [0 bids]
Mew - And the Glass Handed Kites (CD 2005) Digipak US $6.83 Buy It Now 2 days
No More Stories Are Told Today Sorry... by Mew New US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites (2006) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MEW UK 2003 CD Single COMFORTING SOUNDS CD1 EXCLUSIVE EXTRA Tracks DiscMINT US $25.65 Buy It Now 3 days
MEW - EGGS ARE FUNNY [CD NEW] US $95.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Mew- No More Stories Full Length CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites [Digipak] (CD 2005) US $4.53 [0 bids]
MEW**AND THE GLASS HANDED KITES**CD US $5.55 Buy It Now 3 days
SIDDHARTA - Spirit of Buddha Bar, vol. III by Ravin. 2 Disc Box Set. Mew. US $16.97 Buy It Now 3 days
WRECKingCReW - Yoru to Taiyo no DNA - Japan CD - MEW US $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Mew - Frengers (2007) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MEW - FRENGERS [JAPAN BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $39.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Charlie Peacock-West Coast Diaries Vol.1-3 Cassette FREE SHIPPING Brand Mew US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MEW - Frengers (US pressing) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Mew FRENGERS 180g +2 Bonus Tracks GATEFOLD Limited NEW PINK COLORED VINYL 2 LP US $38.50 [0 bids]
No More Stories Are Told Today Sorry... by Mew (CD, Aug-2009, Columbia (USA)) US $5.87 Buy It Now 4 days
wen mew Sunday Morning Santa Monica CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MEW - EGGS ARE FUNNY (IMPORT) NEW CD US $115.52 Buy It Now 5 days
Mew - Eggs Are Funny CD US $95.35 Buy It Now 5 days
Mew No More Stories EP CD Taiwan Ltd Signed 5 Tracks (RARE) * New Sealed US $19.94 Buy It Now 5 days
The Joy Formidable "A Minute Silence" 12" EP RSD Mew Muse Bruce Springsteen US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MEW-EGGS ARE FUNNY-JAPAN CD DVD LTD 1222 I98 US $43.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MEW Comforting Sounds RARE EDIT 5 Minutes Shorter EUROPE Made PROMO DJ CD single US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MEW APOCALYPSO RARE 1 UK PROMO CD US $3.41 Buy It Now 5 days
Mew Frengers WHITE Vinyl LP 1/500 Sigur Ros Mosters and Men US $65.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Mew - Frengers 2LP 180 Gram WHITE Vinyl, 2 bonus tracks, insert, gatefold, LTD!! US $44.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MEW FRENGERS VINYL LP NEW PINK GLASS HANDED KITES NO MORE STORIES MEWITHOUTYOU US $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MEW FRENGERS VINYL LP NEW WHITE GLASS HANDED KITES NO MORE STORIES MEWITHOUTYOU US $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
WEN MEW - SUNDAY MORNING SANTA MONICA (CD 2009) US $4.99 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD No More Stories Are Told Today Sorry... - Mew SEALED US $0.01 [0 bids]
ost ALADDIN Brad Kane Lea Salonsa Japan 1992 Tall 3" CD Single A WHOLE MEW WORLD US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Madonna - Rescue MeW0024 7 INCH VINYL RECORD EX/VG 005 US $3.06 Buy It Now 7 days
Pikachu Records Pokemon Mew Japan Import Mini CD CDXA-102 w/gold Pin inside! US $53.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Mew - No More Stories KOREA CD *SEALED* US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Why Are You Looking Grave Pt 2, Mew, Good Single, Enhanced, Import US $33.09 Buy It Now 7 days
Mew - Frengers - Vinyl 2-LP 2014 New (BLACK) US $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MEW - Frengers (reissue) - 180 gram vinyl gatefold 2xLP US $53.88 Buy It Now 8 days
MEW ~ SHE CAME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS ~ 2002 UK 1-TRACK PROMO CD ~ EPIC XPCD2999 US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MEW - Frengers - SRC Vinyl Subscription 2x12" White Vinyl #'d 13/250 - SOLD OUT! US $60.00 Buy It Now 8 days
MEW - And the Glass Handed Kites CD ( 2005 ) US $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Uncut New Music for 2006 Sparks Buzzcocks Belle & Sebastian Mew + CD US $6.16 Buy It Now 9 days
MEW - A TRIUMPH FOR MAN 2 CD DELUXE REISSUE OOP RARE MINT FRENGERS US $75.00 Buy It Now 9 days
MEW comforting sounds CD 4 track radio edit enhanced disc in card sleeve with in US $11.12 Buy It Now 9 days
MEW UK 2005 DIGIPACK CD And The Glass Handed Kites DiscMINT US $6.83 Buy It Now 9 days
MEW FRENGERS 2LP 180g PINK vinyl NEW US $41.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MEW FRENGERS 2LP 180g WHITE vinyl NEW US $69.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Mew - Am I Wry? No - UK 7 inch vinyl record UNPLAYED NEW from Frengers era US $40.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Pokemon music cd 2.B.A Master and The First Movie ash pikahcu mew mewtwo US $20.00 [0 bids]
Mew / Frengers Special Limited Edition[CD+DVD] JPN Only US $99.99 Buy It Now 10 days
MEW - EGGS ARE FUNNY [886978175922] - NEW CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 10 days
Mew - No More Stories (CD) NEW US $11.96 Buy It Now 10 days
Mew - Eggs Are Funny [CD New] US $22.54 Buy It Now 10 days
MEW - EGGS ARE FUNNY NEW CD US $30.54 Buy It Now 11 days
Frengers - Mew New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.69 Buy It Now 11 days
TOKYO MEW MEW CHARACTERS SONGS COLLECTOR'S BOX JAPAN 6 CD SEALED 7500yen RARE US $159.99 Buy It Now 11 days
NEW Mew - Frengers 2xLP 180 Gram PINK Vinyl Bonus tracks Insert Gatefold LTD OOP US $46.98 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW / frengers /JAPAN LTD OBI bonus track US $18.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Mew No More Stories Taiwan Ltd 5 Trks Autographed Signed CD EP RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Mew - No More Stories Are (2009) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 12 days
Shakira, The Offspring, V.A. Japan Promo Only CD rare! Jamiroquai, Oasis, Mew US $23.99 Buy It Now 13 days
HONDALADY - 136 - Japan CD - MEW J-POP - 8Tracks US $23.74 Buy It Now 13 days
MEW /And the Glass Handed Kites /JAPAN LTD OBI bonus tracks US $17.99 Buy It Now 13 days
ROLLING STONES " MISS YOU " / " HOT STUFF " / " DANCE " INSTRUMENTAL MEW U.S.12 US $13.67 Buy It Now 13 days
MEW - FRENGERS - VINYL 2-LP 2014 NEW US $34.99 Buy It Now 13 days
No More Stories Are Told Today I'm Sorry They Wash - Mew New & Sealed CD Free Sh US $16.21 Buy It Now 14 days
MEW**FRENGERS**CD US $5.55 Buy It Now 14 days
Donald Brown - Wurd on the Skreet / Space Time Records - Imported Mew CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Hanson SCHUMAN Mew England Triptych LP Mercury SR 90379 Liv Pres wlp EXC RFR-1 US $180.00 Buy It Now 15 days
MEW "FRENGERS"CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Mew Am I wry? No / Behind the drapes 7" vinyl single US $51.32 Buy It Now 15 days
Mew - Frengers [CD New] US $41.98 Buy It Now 15 days
Mew - No More Stories [CD New] US $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Apparatjik CD Square Peg In A Round Hole related to A-ha Coldplay Mew neu sealed US $39.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Mew - Frengers [CD New] US $9.49 Buy It Now 15 days
Exclusive by Chris Brown (R&B/Vocals) (CD, Nov-2007, Jive (USA)) NEW MEW NEW !!! US $9.88 Buy It Now 16 days

More places to buy MEW music online Buy MEW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MEW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MEW Frengers ratings distribution

MEW Frengers reviews

4 stars 4.5 stars. My daughter introduced me to this band about 3 years ago, I guess it was popular with her and her University friends back then. I ended up buying this one and "And The Glass Handed Kites". On the "RYM" site they list it under three genre headings "Dream Pop", "Indie Pop" and "Progressive Pop". So you get the picture right ? This is poppy but it is proggy as well. And man is it ever good. In fact this album is one of many I have that I will play simply to lift my spirits. It makes me at least feel something and that's what I love about it. The vocalist reminds me of SIGUR ROS' singer only he's singing in English and in a normal way. Oh and the title "Frengers" is according to the liner notes someone who is not quite friends and not quite strangers. Frengers. Hence the album cover (haha). Man I don't like their album covers though.

"Am I Wry? No" is a top three track for me. The drumming is so impressive early on and I like the jangly guitar melodies. Vocals a minute in.This is so uplifting. Great section to end it as the rhythm section becomes prominant. "156" is another top three tune. Spacey winds and strummed guitar to open as reserved vocals come in. It picks up before a minute. So moving. It's really dreamy then it kicks in.Themes are repeated. Great song. "Snow Brigade" has some nice drum / bass work on it as the vocals almost seem to be in the background.They come to the fore on the chorus. Love the chorus. "Symmetry" opens with piano and guest female vocals. Male vocals and acoustic guitar join in. It gets fuller before 2 minutes.

"Behind The Drapes" has this heavy rhythm as vocals join in. How can you not feel emotion listening to this ? "Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years" is catchy with a beat and vocals. "Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed" is the other top three track. It builds slowly. My God when the vocals come in i'm so touched. Nice bass before 2 1/2 minutes. "She Came Home For Christmas" opens with some atmosphere and a beat. Higher than normal vocals join in.This is powerful music. Sounds like violin to end it. "She Spider" opens with acoustic guitar and spacey keys. Soft vocals arrive. It kicks in before 1 1/2 minutes. What a contrast ! This feels so good. Scorching guitar before 3 minutes. "Comforting Sounds" would have been a good title for the album. It's laid back with vocals to open. Piano joins in. It kicks in before 4 1/2 minutes. Nice. The rest of the way is all instrumental.

A special album for me.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#251882) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 20, 2009

Review by UMUR
4 stars Frengers is the third full-length studio album by Danish experimental pop/ rock act Mew. Frengers was the album that earned Mew international commercial success after releasing two albums that by and large only made an impact in Denmark. Several of the songs on the album appeared in other versions on the first two albums by the band. She Came Home for Christmas appeared on A Triumph for Man (1997) while Am I Wry? No, 156, Symmetry, Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years and Comforting Sounds appeared on Half the World Is Watching Me (2000).

The music style on Frengers is experimental alternative rock. Itīs not overtly progressive but there are leanings here and there. Playing with time signatures and unusual song structures in some songs on the album are some of those leanings, but itīs mostly the attitude on the album that oozes the will to experiment and make innovative music. The music is centered around the distinct high pitch vocal style of lead vocalist/ guitarist Jonas Bjerre. He often reminds me of Jónsi Birgisson from Sigur Ros. The mood in the music is melancholic but not really dark. Most of the songs on the album are really excellent and tasteful examples of melacholic/ longing pop/ rock. Songs like She Came Home for Christmas, Am I Wry? No, 156, Symmetry, Snow Brigade, She Spider and Comforting Sounds are of high quality IMO while the three songs that appear in the middle of the album Behind the Drapes, Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years and Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed donīt do as much for me. They are still good but not really excellent to my ears. The opener Am I Wry? No and the beautiful and slow building Comforting Sounds are among my favorites. The latter has an extended slow building almost symphonic ending that should please most fans of progressive rock.

The musicianship is excellent on the album. A great emotional vocalist, adventurous guitar and bass playing and some excellent drumming too.

The production is an excellent, clean sounding and powerful production.

Frengers is an excellent album by Mew and a gigantic step forward compared to earlier releases. The three more ordinary tracks mean that my rating is 3.5 - 4 stars instead of a clean 4 star rating though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#260610) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After falling in love with And The Glass Handed Kites it felt natural to explore more of Mew's discography and Frengers definitely felt like the next move for me considering that it was the band's breakthrough release. In a way, this album can be considered a best-of compilation of their early days since a great deal of the material featured here consists of re-recordings of songs from Mew's first two albums. There's really nothing unusual about this occurrence and many artists try to incorporate more of their early material into the repertoire once they get the attention from a wider audience. The biggest difference is that Mew didn't have a large fan base to distribute their material to, so a move of this sort was quite a bold one and, looking back at it, a successful such!

After only listening to this album for a week or so, I pretty much left it off my playlist and didn't return to it until almost a month later. By that time I've completely forgotten what this release was all about and gave it a new fair chance to impress me. This didn't work in the favor of Frengers, which is sad considering that there are quite a few nice moments scattered all throughout the album. The music is performed by a competent band that has already established their own distinguishable sound and they do have a back catalog of tunes that would satisfy most newcomers. The downside is that the material is all over the place and lacks the consistency that I expect of a single studio release. On top of that, there is also an indie rock-vibe that I truly can't stand that makes its presence known on a couple of occasions. The final nail in the coffin comes from the fact that this is not a progressive rock album and not even the 9 minute long closing track, Comforting Sounds, can change my mind about that.

All in all, Frengers is a good introduction to Mew and their early back catalog but I cannot recommend it to a fan of progressive rock since the music featured here is closer to the indie rock sound of its time than the genre that we're all accustomed to.

***** star songs: Snow Brigade (4:19)

**** star songs: Am I Wry? No (4:55) 156 (4:54) Behind The Drapes (3:38) She Came Home For Christmas (3:54) She Spider (4:37) Comforting Sounds (8:53)

*** star songs: Symmetry (5:38) Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years (2:46) Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed (4:46)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#384696) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 22, 2011

5 stars Breakthrough... "Frengers" was Mew's big breakthrough, and it was an instant hit in their native country Denmark, which in itself is somewhat of a feat, given that the Danish music industry has generally been oriented towards mainstream pop, leaving alternative and progressive rock music buried ... (read more)

Report this review (#254356) | Posted by Time Signature | Saturday, December 05, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Not quite friends, but not quite strangers I am glad to see MEW being added to ProgArchives as their latter works certainly include some progressive elements (especially "And the Glass Handed Kite"). "Frengers" is a bit more straightforward than their latest two releases, but what is amazing ab ... (read more)

Report this review (#252496) | Posted by Yoke | Tuesday, November 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars It's hard not to gush about Frengers. I was hooked from the first spin and there's never a time I can't come back to such a consistently good tracklist. Frengers is the second Mew album I got my hands on. I wasn't completely enthralled with Triumph for Man but there were some excellent tunes ... (read more)

Report this review (#250428) | Posted by Cool Top | Friday, November 13, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MEW "Frengers"