AND THE GLASS HANDED KITES

Mew

Mew And the Glass Handed Kites album cover

Buy MEW Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Circuitry of the Wolf (2:44)
2. Chinaberry Tree (3:33)
3. Why Are You Looking Grave (3:50)
4. Fox Cub (1:50)
5. Apocalypso (4:46)
6. Special (3:13)
7. The Zookeeper's Boy (4:43)
8. A Dark Design (3:29)
9. Saviours of Jazz Ballet (Fear Me, December) (3:18)
10. An Envoy to the Open Fields (3:40)
11. Small Ambulance (1:05)
12. The Seething Rain Weeps for You (Uda Pruda) (4:18)
13. White Lips Kissed (6:44)
14. Louise Louisa (7:17)

Search MEW And the Glass Handed Kites lyrics

Search MEW And the Glass Handed Kites tabs

- Jonas Bjerre / vocals, guitar
- Bo Madsen / guitar
- Johan Wohlert / bass
- Silas Graae / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

MEW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MEW And the Glass Handed Kites Music

Half the World Is Watching MeHalf the World Is Watching Me
Evil Office 2007
Eggs Are FunnyEggs Are Funny
Sony Import 2011
The Joy Formidable "A Minute Silence" 12" EP RSD Mew Muse Bruce Springsteen US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 38m
Mew Frengers Vinyl. White Limited To 500. US $35.00 [0 bids]
Mew apocalypso unplayed new 7 inch vinyl US $1.61 [0 bids]
MEW-EGGS ARE FUNNY-JAPAN CD DVD LTD 1222 I98 US $43.99 Buy It Now 22h 9m
MEW FRENGERS VINYL LP NEW PINK GLASS HANDED KITES NO MORE STORIES MEWITHOUTYOU US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MEW FRENGERS VINYL LP NEW WHITE GLASS HANDED KITES NO MORE STORIES MEWITHOUTYOU US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MEW Frengers Vinyl 2xLP (180g white #/500) *Rare* OOP LP Postal Service Sold Out US $64.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ost ALADDIN Brad Kane Lea Salonsa Japan 1992 Tall 3" CD Single A WHOLE MEW WORLD US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mew, & The Glass Handed Kites Audio CD US $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
MEW "EGGS ARE FUNNY" JAPAN CD+DVD +2 BONUS TRACKS *SEALED* US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Madonna - Rescue MeW0024 7 INCH VINYL RECORD EX/VG 005 US $2.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Pikachu Records Pokemon Mew Japan Import Mini CD CDXA-102 w/gold Pin inside! US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MEW Frengers White Vinyl Double LP 180g Limited /500 US $32.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Mew - No More Stories KOREA CD *SEALED* US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Why Are You Looking Grave Pt 2, Mew, Good Single, Enhanced, Import US $14.08 Buy It Now 2 days
MEW - Frengers (US pressing) US $3.99 [0 bids]
And the Glass Handed Kites by Mew (Jul-2006, Sony Music Distribution) 1 CENT CD: US $0.01 [0 bids]
And the Glass Handed Kites by Mew (CD, Jul-2006, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
MEW APOCALYPSO RARE 1 UK PROMO CD US $3.23 Buy It Now 2 days
MEW Madonna Take A Bow The Remixes CD Single EU Import 9362-41887-2SEALED US $70.00 [20 bids]
MEW - NO MORE STORIES EP (IMPORT) NEW CD US $13.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Pokemon music cd 2.B.A Master and The First Movie ash pikahcu mew mewtwo US $20.00 [0 bids]
Mew "Frengers" 2x LP OOP /500 Sigur Ros US $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
mew and the glass handed kites cd new US $4.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Mew - No More Stories Ep [New] US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MEW ~ SHE CAME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS ~ 2002 UK 1-TRACK PROMO CD ~ EPIC XPCD2999 US $5.68 Buy It Now 3 days
No More Stories Are Told Today Sorry... by Mew (CD, Aug-2009, Columbia (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
MEW - And the Glass Handed Kites CD ( 2005 ) US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Uncut New Music for 2006 Sparks Buzzcocks Belle & Sebastian Mew + CD US $4.87 Buy It Now 4 days
MEW comforting sounds CD 4 track radio edit enhanced disc in card sleeve with in US $9.53 Buy It Now 4 days
& The Glass Handed Kites, Mew, Good US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MEW FRENGERS 2LP 180g WHITE vinyl NEW US $69.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Frengers by Mew (CD, Jan-2007, Columbia (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Mew - Am I Wry? No - UK 7 inch vinyl record UNPLAYED NEW from Frengers era US $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Mew 'King Christian' Rare Danish CD single US $19.99 [0 bids]
MEW - EGGS ARE FUNNY [886978175922] - NEW CD US $20.72 Buy It Now 5 days
MEW Comforting Sounds - 2003 UK CD Enhanced Card Sleeve - Rock - V RARE! US $5.68 Buy It Now 5 days
MEW - AND THE GLASS HANDED KITES - RARE CD US $6.49 [0 bids]
MEW - FRENGERS - RARE CD US $6.49 [0 bids]
MEW Frengers 2 LP WHITE VINYL /500 the war on drugs sigur ros arcade fire feist US $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MEW Am I Wry No CD 2 Track Promo In Special Card Sleeve Featuring Radio Edit And US $9.72 Buy It Now 5 days
CD + DVD BOX SET Stranded In Stereo Vol. 03 / Kaki King Greg Laswell Mew g US $0.99 [0 bids]
MEW - FRENGERS (GATE) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $47.57 Buy It Now 6 days
NO MORE STORIES ARE TOLD TODAY IM SO BY MEW (CD) US $18.02 Buy It Now 6 days
MEW UK 2005 DIGIPACK CD And The Glass Handed Kites DiscMINT US $5.66 Buy It Now 6 days
MEW UK 2003 CD Single COMFORTING SOUNDS CD1 EXCLUSIVE EXTRA Tracks DiscMINT US $21.08 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW Mew Frengers 2x White Vinyl LP /500 Sigur Ros Arcade Fire Coldplay Feist US $74.99 Buy It Now 6 days
TOKYO MEW MEW CHARACTERS SONGS COLLECTOR'S BOX JAPAN 6 CD SEALED 7500yen RARE US $159.99 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW Mew - Frengers 2xLP 180 Gram PINK Vinyl Bonus tracks Insert Gatefold LTD OOP US $43.98 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW RARE Mew - Frengers White Vinyl x/500 more glass US $44.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MEW - NO MORE STORIES ARE TOLD TODAY SORRY... - NEW CD US $7.98 Buy It Now 8 days
No More Stories Are Told Today I'm Sorry They Wash - Mew New & Sealed CD Free Sh US $16.21 Buy It Now 9 days
MEW No More Stories... 2009 Taiwan w/sticker CD New Introducing Palace Players US $17.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MEW - No More Stories Are Told Today Sorry... (CD album 2009) US $5.68 Buy It Now 9 days
No More Stories Are Told Today Sorry... - Mew SEALED CD US $1.00 Buy It Now 9 days
MEW / frengers /JAPAN LTD OBI bonus track US $18.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Donald Brown - Wurd on the Skreet / Space Time Records - Imported Mew CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Hanson SCHUMAN Mew England Triptych LP Mercury SR 90379 Liv Pres wlp EXC RFR-1 US $180.00 Buy It Now 10 days
MEW**FRENGERS**CD US $5.55 Buy It Now 10 days
MEW "FRENGERS"CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Frengers - Mew New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.69 Buy It Now 10 days
Mew Am I wry? No / Behind the drapes 7" vinyl single US $48.67 Buy It Now 10 days
Mew - Frengers [CD New] US $44.40 Buy It Now 10 days
Mew - No More Stories [CD New] US $9.87 Buy It Now 10 days
Apparatjik CD Square Peg In A Round Hole related to A-ha Coldplay Mew neu sealed US $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
* MEW - And the Glass Handed Kites US $1.99 Buy It Now 10 days
CD: MEW And The Glass Handed Kites STILL SEALED US $5.00 Buy It Now 10 days
MEW /And the Glass Handed Kites /JAPAN LTD OBI bonus tracks US $17.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Mew - No More Stories CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 11 days
New Music for 2006 Uncut Magazine CD Sparks, Jenny Lewis, Plan B, Mew, Neko Case US $1.95 Buy It Now 11 days
MEW - FRENGERS [MEW] [5099751102328] - NEW CD US $11.20 Buy It Now 11 days
Mew promo CD Apocalypso US $8.11 Buy It Now 11 days
MEW + WILD NOTHING LIVE IN HONG KONG 2013 RARE PROMO POSTER + TICKET STUB LOT US $11.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Mew / Frengers Special Limited Edition[CD+DVD] JPN Only US $99.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MEW am i wry no CD 2 track radio edit promo in card sleeve b/w album version (xp US $8.10 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW special CD 1 track promo in card sleeve (evil03) european sony 2005 US $8.10 Buy It Now 12 days
Mew(CD Single Promo)Am I Wry? No-Very Good US $4.04 Buy It Now 12 days
HONDALADY - 136 - Japan CD - MEW J-POP - 8Tracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW She Came Home for Christmas - 1 track 2002 EU Limited Edition CDS - EVLCDS7 US $19.50 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW Apocalypso - 1 track 2005 UK PROMO ONLY CDS - Sony Evil Office EVIL01 US $7.79 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW Special Radio Mix - 4 track 2005 ENHANCED EU CDS - w/ Special video US $7.79 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW The Zookeeper's Boy EP - 5 track Near Mint 2006 US PROMO CDS US $18.50 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW The Zookeeper's Boy - 4 track 2006 ENHANCED EU CDS - w/ video US $11.79 Buy It Now 12 days
MEW Why Are You Looking Grave? Remixes - 9 track 2006 NUMBERED ENHANCED EU CDS US $17.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Mew : & The Glass Handed Kites CD (2006) US $3.96 Buy It Now 12 days
Wen Mew & Friends - Sunday Morning Santa Monica US $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Mew No More Stories Taiwan Ltd 5 Trks Autographed Signed CD EP RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 13 days
AN evening With John Gary 10 big hits see play list record is like mew nice cove US $9.88 Buy It Now 13 days
Pokemon Japan CD Holo Cards Blastoise Mew Mewtwo Snorlax Charizard Venusaur US $79.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Mew(CD Single Promo)Am I Wry? No-Very Good US $4.39 Buy It Now 13 days
Shakira, The Offspring, V.A. Japan Promo Only CD rare! Jamiroquai, Oasis, Mew US $23.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Mew The Zookeeper's Boy EP RARE promo CD '06 US $3.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Mew : And The Glass Handed Kites CD (2005) US $7.24 Buy It Now 14 days
Mew - Apocalypso 1 Track Promo CD (B19) US $20.27 Buy It Now 14 days
MEW she came home for christmas CD 2 track radio edit promo b/w that time on the US $8.10 Buy It Now 14 days
Mew - "Eggs are Funny" - 2010 US $27.57 Buy It Now 14 days
Dear Lord - The Wendell Wayne Mew - Adam Levine Duo (CD) US $8.40 Buy It Now 14 days
MEW - SPECIAL (RARE 1 TRACK PROMO CD PVC SLEEVE) US $4.53 Buy It Now 14 days
MEW - SPECIAL (RARE 1 TRACK PROMO CD SINGLE) US $4.53 Buy It Now 14 days
MEW - THE ZOOKEEPERS BOY (RARE 1 TRACK PROMO CD SINGLE) US $4.53 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy MEW music online Buy MEW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MEW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MEW And the Glass Handed Kites ratings distribution

MEW And the Glass Handed Kites reviews

Review by horsewithteeth11
5 stars I must admit that I was surprised to see that Mew was added to Prog Archives a few days ago. I checked and there was apparently a thread on the band, in which some of the Crossover team approved them after hearing their new album. Or at least that's what I gathered from reading it. I was slightly surprised due to the fact that I don't think Mew is really overtly prog in any way (I tend to think of them as shoegaze, experimental rock, or indie rock), but Crossover seems the best place for them on PA.

I actually heard of Mew a few months ago, when a friend of mine showed me a few of the songs from "And the Glass Handed Kites" on YouTube, saying I might like the band. I did enjoy the songs quite a bit, so I quickly snatched up this album. And even though it's taken some time to sink in, I'm certainly glad I did. The music has some very obvious shoegaze and alternative rock influences with a bit of post-rock even, and the tracks are a mix of pop and some fairly experimental material. One thing that would definitely draw progressive rock fans to this album though is the fact that it is more or less a song cycle. While the album is indeed divided up into 14 tracks, there is no break in between each of the tracks, so each one flows right into the next one, creating what is more or less one long 54 minute song. Mew tends to lie on the end of shoegaze that is the more melodic and tends to have lots of lush sounds to it. There are some effects and guitar feedback from time to time, but that is not what this band is about. The main reason I like this album so much is the atmospheres. They are some of the most beautiful atmospheres I have heard in modern rock music. I don't think I can really exaggerate my feelings towards them, but they must certainly be heard to be believed. And Jonas Bjerre's high-pitched vocals really help add to that atmosphere.

I will try to avoid making the comparisons I'm sure many people on this site will make about Mew. Yes, I know many will say they hear some Muse and Porcupine Tree in Mew's sound, but I will leave it to others to make those comparisons. I can say that I would recommend "And the Glass Handed Kites", as well as any other Mew album, to fans of both those bands, I could also make similar recommendations to fans of bands such as Oceansize and Radiohead too though. While I'm sure some would debate whether or not Mew is progressive rock, they probably are more so in the spirit rather than the sound, as are most modern prog bands. I've wavered for several months between 4 and 5 stars on this album, but I really think giving it a 4 would be too low. So 5 stars it is, and this may go down as one of my favorite albums of the 2000s.

Send comments to horsewithteeth11 (BETA) | Report this review (#250641) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009

3 stars 3.5 stars. I purchased this one and "Frengers" at the same time a few years ago, and right from the start I much prefered "Frengers". "And The Glass Handed Kites" much like the cover art has not caught on with me. Taste is a funny thing I suppose. We get 14 songs over 54 1/2 minutes but many of these tracks blend into one another.

"Circuitry Of The Wolf" opens with guitar and pounding drums before the keys come in. It gets heavier then some vocal melodies arrive. It blends into "Chinaberry Tree" where we get vocals right away. It turns spacey before 2 1/2 minutes to the end. "Why Are You Looking Grave" has some good bass early and I like the vocals too. Keys 3 1/2 minutes in as drums build to end it. "Fox Cub" features reserved vocals and a laid back sound. "Apocalypso" kicks in right away. I can't get into this one though. It blends into "Special" which is one of my favourites. A good beat as vocals come in. "The Zookeeper's Boy" has a nice instrumental intro before the vocals arrive.

"A Dark Design" opens with synths as vocals join in. It kicks in before a minute and blends into "Saviours Of Jazz Ballet (Fear Me, December)" . It settles before a minute then again 2 minutes in with vocal melodies. Atmosphere late. "An Envoy To The Open Fields" has a loud intro before settling then the drums kick in again. "Small Ambulance" features jangly guitars and vocal melodies. "The Seething Rain Weeps For You (Uda Pruda)" sounds great until the vocals come in. Atmosphere ends it. "White Lips Kissed" is another favourite. Keys to start as reserved vocals join in. A fuller sound 1 1/2 minutes in. It settles 3 minutes in then gets full again. "Louise Louisa" opens with marching styled drums. The song kicks in then settles as these contrasts continue throughout.

Most seem to rate this one and "Frengers" fairly evenly but for me "Frengers" has that magic ability to move and uplift me while "And The Glass handed Kites" does neither for me.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#258582) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Review by UMUR
4 stars And the Glass Handed Kites is the 4th full-length studio album by Danish experimental Pop/ rock act Mew. Mew broke into the commercial mainstream with their previous album Frengers (2003) but proved that commercial success doesn´t always equal shallow music.

And the Glass Handed Kites continue the dreamy/ atmospheric pop/ rock style of its predecessor but develops further on the progressive side of Mew´s music. The songs on the album seques into each other to form a musical concept. The lyrics are rather cryptic and not easy to penetrate, so I´m not sure there´s a concept there, but there might be. The band play with unusual time signatures and experiment with song structures but doesn´t lose one bit of their accessibility on the way. The music on And the Glass Handed Kites is still alternative pop/ rock at its core. Jonas Bjerre´s high pitched vocal style is defining for Mew´s sound, but the clever song arrangements, skilled playing and adventurous ideas in the music is also a trademark by now. The use of synths on the album is much more dominant than on earlier releases by the band which I find a real treat.

With 14 tracks on the album there are a couple of songs that doesn´t stand out as much as the rest and if the band had chosen to cut a few tracks I´m sure the album could have been even stronger. I mention this because after listening to the first 7 tracks on the album every nerve in my is screaming masterpiece, but after that it´s like the album dies down a bit until the beautiful White Lips Kissed comes in to save the day ( on the Japanese version of the album there´s an additional version of White Lips Kissed with Japanese lyrics. It sounds great). It´s a gorgeous track and it should have been the perfect ending to a great album, but then the band chose to put in Louise Louisa as the closing track. It´s a track which is much in the same vein as White Lips Kissed so it´s a bit of an anticlimax to end the album with two very similar sounding tracks IMO. As mentioned the 7 first tracks on the album and the way they compliment each other simply makes me loose my breath every time I listen to them. The intricate instrumental opening track Circuitry of the Wolf, the beautiful Chinaberry Tree, the dark Why Are You Looking Grave and the two hits Special and The Zookeeper's Boy are simply outstanding tracks.

The production is outstanding on this album. Clean and sharp. I can´t give enough praises to this sound.

And the Glass Handed Kites could have been a masterpiece and a sure 5 star album IMO, but when parts of the album aren´t as exciting as the best tracks on the album I can´t give more than a 4 ( which by the way is a very high rating). And the Glass Handed Kites is still an excellent album and even the songs, that doesn´t quite reach masterpiece status, certainly earn themselves the tag high quality compositions. This is the place to start if you want to check out Mew.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#273422) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 22, 2010

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
5 stars Yes folks, this is the ultimate Mew experience if I've ever heard one!

I've been wanting to hear this album ever since the first time i saw its weird looking album cover. Still, it wasn't until 2010 that I finally came around to experiencing the masterpiece that so many fans have been raving about for almost five years. The band made quite an impression on me the first time I heard And The Glass Handed Kites and I was actually expecting my hype to settle down over time. Instead, this positive feeling continued to grow with each repeated listen, even though some tracks benefited more from the process than others.

So what is it exactly that makes this album a great experience? The tight musicianship, great material, the overall flow of the music and everything else that can be gasped over the mere 55 minutes of pure joy that sums up And The Glass Handed Kites. I, for one, consider it to be a major improvement over the few glimpses of genius that were offered on Frengers. Not only did Mew get rid of that pretentious indie rock-sound and turned it into art rock, but they also made their music a whole lot more consistent and the idea of connecting all the songs into one single composition did work in their favor.

A fond memory that I had while experiencing this album for the first time had to do with the fact that I copied the track-listing incorrectly into my Spotify playlist and so the the album began with the closing number, Louise Louisa, and then played through the rest of the tracks in their right order. This perspective of the album did impress me even more than its proposed order since I actually consider Circuitry Of The Wolf to be a weak opener compared to the parade of wonderful compositions that follow it. This might also be the reason why still find Louise Louisa to be my favorite track off this album. The dark atmosphere that surrounds the tune towards its second half is almost as ravishing as the entire soundtrack to Twin Peaks!

There is really no denying that I have a have a soft spot for this album and the fact that it has remained a consistent member of my playlist for almost a year is enough to give it the high praise that it truly deserves.

***** star songs: Chinaberry Tree (3:33) Why Are You Looking Grave (3:51) Apocalypso (4:47) Special (3:13) The Zookeeper's Boy (4:43) An Envoy To The Open Fields (3:40) White Lips Kissed (6:45) Louise Louisa (7:18)

**** star songs: Fox Cub (1:56) A Dark Design (3:29) Saviours Of Jazz Ballet (Fear Me, December) (3:18)

*** star songs: Circuitry Of The Wolf (2:45) Small Ambulance (1:05) The Seething Rain Weeps For You (Uda Pruda) (4:19)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#384777) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 22, 2011

3 stars Progressive pop? More pop than progressive. The music has a particular style and defined. With some good vocal harmonies and intelligent developments in general. What I'm not convinced is the instrumentation. In many cases there is an explosive sound ball, uncontrolled, without much sense to me ... (read more)

Report this review (#978542) | Posted by sinslice | Saturday, June 15, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Another pleasant, upbeat, more-complex-than-your-average-run-of-the-mill-indie-rock-band album from Mew, if I do not rate this one as highly as Frengers this is mostly due to the latter being the first Mew album I heard and thus the Mew sound was fresh then. And the Glass-Handed Kites is not quite s ... (read more)

Report this review (#459447) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Sunday, June 12, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Balance... "And the Glass Handed Kites" (AtGHK) is characterized by a strange balance between opposing elements such as complexity-simplicity, beauty-uglyness, epicness-minimalism, and catchiness-quirkiness. They manage to combine complex time signatures with catchy sing-along-friendly melodies ... (read more)

Report this review (#254348) | Posted by Time Signature | Saturday, December 05, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Perfection by perfectionists And the Glass Handed Kites is the finest album to ever come out of a Danish rock act. The high ambitions of MEW's complex music succeeds with this release and it shows just how skillful the (at the time) four band members are, both as musicians and composers. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#253788) | Posted by Yoke | Tuesday, December 01, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars What a wonderful discovery this has been. I found out about Mew a few weeks ago by complete chance and have been addicted since. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would try and argue that this band is not progressive and as such is not fit to swim among the prog-rock all stars on this sit ... (read more)

Report this review (#253019) | Posted by AgentSpork | Thursday, November 26, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Let me say- Wow the music and what the heck with the cover! However the ugly as it may appear, the music is contrastly beautiful and poetic . This is one of a great find this year for me. If you love another alternative prog like The Dear Hunter or The Mars Volta, you will sure love this album. A ... (read more)

Report this review (#251969) | Posted by Jadittir | Friday, November 20, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars So, the thing about Mew: They do excellent, driving, prog-pop. Something (with the exception of some Gentle Giant) I didn't quite believe to be possible. But here it is. Oh yeah, most of their album covers are freaking awful. Particularly "And the Glass Handed Kites". With "Kites" all the so ... (read more)

Report this review (#251716) | Posted by phantom banana | Thursday, November 19, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Pure beauty...woops that fell out of my mouth. But I don't care. Mew hasn't been accepted by Prog Archives for a while now (i checked last week to review 2 of their albums , but I couldn't find them, until now, typical proggers) So I have to review this from memory. This should be quite easy be ... (read more)

Report this review (#250978) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Monday, November 16, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars mew is obviously a very artistic band, very profound i would say, and this album( some would so boldly call a masterpiece) i would have to say is certainly going in the direction, it is very nourishing in terms of complexity and being catchy, very mature writing. the fact that it is all strung ... (read more)

Report this review (#250906) | Posted by native bandit | Monday, November 16, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MEW "And the Glass Handed Kites"