THE VERY BEST OF: ONLY THE BEGINNING

2.18 You're Not Alone (Single Edit) 4:00
2.19 Chasin' The Wind 4:18
2.20 Sing, Sing, Sing 3:20
With - Gipsy Kings

Rhino 2 x CD R2 76170 (US)

Thanks to snobb for the addition

Buy CHICAGO The Very Best Of: Only The Beginning Music

The Very Best of Chicago: Only the BeginningThe Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning
Rhino Records 2002
$11.88

Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago USD $13.79 Buy It Now 19h 52m
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago (CD, Jul-2002, 2 Discs) USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
CHICAGO 3 CDS--The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning 2 cds and Chicago 17 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.25 Buy It Now
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $6.91 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (Audio CD) USD $18.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Chicago Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning Japan CD WPCR-11310 2002 OBI USD $55.79 Buy It Now 2 days
* CHICAGO - Very Best of: Only the Beginning - 2 CD SET USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Very Best Of:only the Beginning - Chicago Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $19.94 Buy It Now 3 days
CHICAGO - THE VERY BEST OF CHICAGO: ONLY THE BEGINNING USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $15.88 Buy It Now 3 days
CHICAGO - Very Best Of Chicago: Only The Beginning - 2 CD New USD $17.23 Buy It Now 4 days
Chicago - Very Best of: Only the Beginning [New CD] USD $15.63 Buy It Now 5 days
Chicago - Very Best of: Only the Beginning [New CD] USD $15.17 Buy It Now 5 days
CD THE VERY BEST OF CHICAGO ONLY THE BEGINNING 2 DISCS USD $5.60 Buy It Now 5 days
CHICAGO-VERY BEST OF:ONLY THE BEGINNING CD NEW USD $17.10 Buy It Now 6 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago (CD, Jul-2002, 2 Discs) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (CD, Jul-2002, 2 Discs) Very Good! USD $7.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Wea Corp The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $22.76 Buy It Now 8 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $15.10 Buy It Now 8 days
Chicago The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning Pop Audio CD Music USD $15.50 Buy It Now 8 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago (CD, Jul-2002, 2 Discs, USD $4.95 [0 bids]
USD $6.75 Buy It Now
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago (CD, Jul-2002, 2 Discs, USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Very Best Of Chicago: Only The Beginning (Remastered) NEW CD USD $14.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $3.89 Buy It Now 11 days
Chicago - The Very Best of: Only the Beginning - 2 CD's - 2002 Rhino - Free Ship USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Chicago - The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (2 Disc) CD NEW USD $26.68 Buy It Now 11 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning, Acceptable Music USD $5.01 Buy It Now 12 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning Chicago USD $14.67 Buy It Now 12 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning Chicago USD $14.64 Buy It Now 12 days
Chicago - Very Best of: Only the Beginning USD $11.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Chicago - Very Best Of Chicago: Only The Beginning (CD Used Like New) USD $15.02 Buy It Now 13 days
CHICAGO The Very Best Of: Only Beginning JAPAN CD WPCR-11310 2002 NEW USD $83.49 Buy It Now 14 days
The Very Best Of Chicago: Only The Beginning (2002) PROMO USD $15.99 Buy It Now 15 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $6.95 Buy It Now 16 days
Chicago - Very Best Of Chicago: Only The Beginning CD Album NEW! USD $15.84 Buy It Now 16 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $15.99 Buy It Now 18 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $3.73 Buy It Now 18 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $7.96 Buy It Now 19 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago USD $6.45 Buy It Now 19 days
CHICAGO "THE VERY BEST OF - ONLY THE BEGINNING" 2 AUDIO MUSIC CD SET USD $2.99 Buy It Now 19 days
CHICAGO - THE VERY BEST OF CHICAGO: ONLY THE BEGINNING NEW CD USD $17.09 Buy It Now 20 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $7.65 Buy It Now 20 days
CHICAGO / THE VERY BEST OF ONLY THE BEGINNING 2 AUDIO MUSIC CD DISC SET 39 SONGS USD $14.99 Buy It Now 21 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $6.47 Buy It Now 22 days
CHICAGO The Very Best Of: Only Beginning JAPAN CD USD $46.00 Buy It Now 23 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $6.91 Buy It Now 23 days
CHICAGO - The Very Best of (Only the Beginning) - 2 CD's - 39 Tracks - USD $10.39 Buy It Now 24 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning, Chicago, Good USD $7.96 Buy It Now 26 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $6.91 Buy It Now 26 days
Very Best of Chicago CD 2 Disc Greatest Hits Compilation Only the Beginning NEW USD $18.19 Buy It Now 27 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago (CD, Jul-2002, 2 Discs,. USD $5.28 Buy It Now 27 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago (CD, Jul-2002, 2 Discs, USD $12.50 Buy It Now 28 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $6.46 Buy It Now 29 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning by Chicago (CD, 2002, 2 Discs) NEW USD $15.08 Buy It Now 29 days
CHICAGO CD - VERY BEST OF: ONLY THE BEGINNING [2 DISCS](2002) - NEW UNOPENED USD $25.99 Buy It Now 29 days
The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning USD $6.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy CHICAGO music online Buy CHICAGO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CHICAGO The Very Best Of: Only The Beginning ratings distribution

CHICAGO The Very Best Of: Only The Beginning reviews

Review by Finnforest
3 stars A rarity - a "best of" worth owning

Generally I agree with Sheavy that "best of" compilations for progressive rock bands are a joke. They are neither satisfying nor able to represent bands with long discogs of lengthy songs. This could also be the case for Chicago for many fans but not this one. I was a never a fan of Chicago's albums or their more serious work that got them on this site. As a young kid in the 70s Chicago for me were a "hits" band. They were on pop radio and album rock radio constantly and thus their singles became part of the soundtrack of my youth. And they wrote such excellent, memorable pop music. Some people find their singles cheesy but I really don't. I think they had a unique sound and were always high quality. As such I'd been looking for some time for a good collection of their popular songs. This is the best one I've found. Without getting into box sets and big dollars, "Only the Beginning" manages to collect all of the songs I wanted to have on two discs.

Disc one covers the early 70s and features all of their best known songs from the first album through one my favorite obscurities "If you leave me now", which brings me right back to being a little kid with my transistor radio. Disc two begins with two more of my favorite gems "Old Days" and "Baby what a big surprise", which again, are period markers for someone my age. Disc two soon takes a sharp turn into their hugely successful 80s era when the band hit their second boom in popularity. All of those MTV era hits are there such as "Stay the Night", "Hard habit to break", and "Along comes a woman." I stopped paying attention by this point and so the late 80s tracks that finish disc two mean little to me. But for the first disc and one-half of the second, this collection fit the bill perfectly. If you are a "hits" type fan of Chicago as I am, take a look at the track list and see if this doesn't cover it nicely for you. If you're a fan of their longer jams and full albums then obviously you have no need for this.

Comes with a nice and informative booklet, with bio and detailed credits.

Post a review of CHICAGO "The Very Best Of: Only The Beginning"