BEAK>

Search BEAK> Beak> tabs

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

BEAK> MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

Beak> - Beak>> [Vinyl,LP,Album] USD $39.65 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Coldcut - Beak It Up - c/w Santa's House - Vinyl- Free UK Post USD $10.85 Buy It Now 5h 11m
TONI BRAXTON Un Beak My Heart RARE SPANISH version LIMITED CD LaFace USD $7.00 Buy It Now 11h 39m
(DJ724) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD USD $2.70 Buy It Now 15h 8m
BOYS NOIZE Chilly Gonzales WORKING TOGETHER 12" Vinyl RSD 2011 276/500 Beaks USD $6.78 [0 bids]
GLEE & BEAK "FRONDAY" CASSETTE 1990 OHIO INDIE FOLK ROCK USD $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 32m
Best Of Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich - Dave Dee Dozy Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.09 Buy It Now 21h 42m
ME & MY DRUMMER The Hawk The Beak The Prey 2012 German 10-track promo CD USD $5.41 Buy It Now 1 day
EVAN PARKER At The Finger Palace BEAK DOCTOR 3 SEALED 1978 LP USD $149.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Skeewiff Wet Your Beak 12" Jalapeno Records 2006 USD $13.55 Buy It Now 1 day
CLIPT BEAKS To Realize DOUBLE LP VINYL European Lovepump United 10 Track Double USD $6.77 Buy It Now 1 day
(DT105) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Alvin Jett & Phat Noiz Blues Band : Wet My Beak CD (2005) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Audio CD Hoarse Lords - CLIPD BEAKS - Free Shipping USD $6.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Audio CD Hoarse Lords - CLIPD BEAKS - Free Shipping USD $14.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Me And My Drummer : The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey CD USD $4.49 Buy It Now 2 days
(GM699) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $4.06 Buy It Now 2 days
(GM756) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $4.04 Buy It Now 2 days
Clipd Beaks : Preyers CD (2006) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak Boppin Tunes - Giggle & Hoot (CD Used Like New) USD $5.15 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK> Vinyl Collection USD $280.00 Buy It Now 2 days
(DQ356) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $2.70 Buy It Now 3 days
DESTRUCTION - All Hell Beaks Loose - CD ** Brand New ** USD $22.95 Buy It Now 4 days
ci) Beak Beethoven Piano Concerts No4 & 5 Chicago Symphony USD $30.86 Buy It Now 4 days
DONOVAN & JEFF BEAK Barabajagal Sealed Rare STEREO EPIC RECORDS PE26481 ISSUE LP USD $50.99 Buy It Now 4 days
(CM620) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.46 Buy It Now 4 days
To Realize * by Clipd Beaks. USD $14.01 Buy It Now 4 days
Hoarse Lords * by Clipd Beaks. USD $14.16 Buy It Now 4 days
Scatter by Crushed Beaks. USD $17.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Speak Beak by Beaky (CD, Aug-2004, Southport/Asian Improv) USD $5.96 Buy It Now 4 days
The Social / Science Set Beak Doctor 5 & 6 CD Henry Kaiser Berkeley California USD $27.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CRUSHED BEAKS-SCATTER-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F04 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 4 days
HATEBEAK - THE NUMBER OF THE BEAK USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $6.80 Buy It Now 5 days
HATEBEAK - THE NUMBER OF THE BEAK NEW CD USD $10.14 Buy It Now 5 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack [New CD] USD $19.97 Buy It Now 5 days
Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack - Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack [New CD] USD $18.41 Buy It Now 5 days
(BQ617) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beak - The Very Best of Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick USD $4.06 Buy It Now 5 days
(GE338) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $4.04 Buy It Now 5 days
Beak / Kaeb [New 12" Vinyl] Extended Play USD $19.76 Buy It Now 6 days
Beak / Kaeb [New 12" Vinyl] Extended Play USD $26.06 Buy It Now 6 days
VULTUR Vulture's Beak CD SADISTIC INTENT, MORPHEUS DESCENDS, IMMOLATION USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk the Beak the Prey [New CD] UK - Import USD $12.73 Buy It Now 6 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk the Beak the Prey [New CD] UK - Import USD $12.33 Buy It Now 6 days
Cedar Drive - Beak / Hang Bang - JAK Audio - 2002 #721413 USD $2.70 Buy It Now 6 days
Beak - Beak> Compact Disc USD $14.68 Buy It Now 7 days
(DL206) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $2.70 Buy It Now 7 days
Van Bellen - The Mixed Senses 12" VG+ BEAK003 Vinyl 2001 Record USD $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BEAK> - BEAK> USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.06 Buy It Now 7 days
James Sasser 3 Country CD Lot Dip Your Beak, The Melcliff, & Southside Of Sorrow USD $14.47 Buy It Now 7 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER The Hawk The Beak The Prey UK 10-trk promo CD USD $5.41 Buy It Now 8 days
BEAK> / USD $33.82 Buy It Now 8 days
CLIPD BEAKS Visions 2010 US vinyl 7" UNPLAYED USD $3.38 Buy It Now 8 days
LITTLE FEAT - Beak Positive 1976 WEMBLY LP USD $54.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Beak>-Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack CD NEW USD $21.38 Buy It Now 9 days
TONI BRAXTON Un Beak My Heart RARE SPANISH version LIMITED USA CD single unbreak USD $23.74 Buy It Now 9 days
Beak> ?- Beak>> (14A) USD $5.70 Buy It Now 9 days
(CJ15) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!!! - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.46 Buy It Now 9 days
EXCITEBIKE - Beak Scoop Bulge Stretch Slice Add Subtract (EP CD) AKA ExBike USD $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [New CD] Australia - Import USD $7.46 Buy It Now 10 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [New CD] Australia - Import USD $7.16 Buy It Now 10 days
Clipd Beaks - Preyers (2010) USD $2.00 Buy It Now 10 days
(GF191) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $4.04 Buy It Now 10 days
(DD516) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.32 Buy It Now 11 days
CRUSHED BEAKS job lot of 4 promo CDs Scatter Rising Sign Feelers History USD $6.77 Buy It Now 11 days
(AE860) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $2.70 Buy It Now 11 days
Beak - Beak [New CD] USD $12.71 Buy It Now 11 days
Beak - Beak [New CD] USD $12.06 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK/KAEB - Split EP - Vinyl (12") USD $24.54 Buy It Now 12 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER * LP VINYL * INC ROUGH TRADE CD * FREE P USD $32.54 Buy It Now 12 days
CLIPD BEAKS To Realize US vinyl 2-LP + MP3 SEALED USD $6.77 Buy It Now 12 days
(ER451) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $3.46 Buy It Now 13 days
Van Bellen - The Senses EP - Beak Recordings - 2000 #54505 USD $6.77 Buy It Now 13 days
(CU261) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.32 Buy It Now 13 days
(AL778) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $2.70 Buy It Now 13 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER [DIGIPAK] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $2.26 Buy It Now 14 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER - THE HAWK, THE BEAK, THE PREY [DIGIPAK] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $25.04 Buy It Now 14 days
BEAK> - COUPLE IN A HOLE [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK] * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $14.29 Buy It Now 14 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $17.08 Buy It Now 14 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER - THE HAWK, THE BEAK, THE PREY [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $28.37 Buy It Now 14 days
BEAK> - COUPLE IN A HOLE [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK] * NEW CD USD $18.40 Buy It Now 14 days
Hatebeak - Number of the Beak [New Vinyl LP] USD $21.89 Buy It Now 14 days
Hatebeak - Number of the Beak [New Vinyl LP] USD $25.04 Buy It Now 14 days
Clipd Beaks To Realize Vinyl LP Record & MP3! abstract electronic art rock! NEW! USD $15.89 Buy It Now 14 days
s/s/s Sisyphus Beak & Claw 12" Vinyl LP Record Sufjan Stevens Son Lux Serengeti! USD $14.39 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak>-Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.29 Buy It Now 14 days
Van Bellen - The Mixed Senses - Beak Recordings - 2001 #92137 USD $5.41 Buy It Now 14 days
(DK251) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.32 Buy It Now 14 days
BEAK> Couple In A Hole (Original Soundtrack) LP NEW COLORED VINYL Invada Geoff B USD $41.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Van Bellen ?- The Mixed Senses NEW 12" 2001 Beak Recording? - Progressive house USD $8.32 Buy It Now 15 days
Couple in a Hole, BEAK>, 5051083106405 * NEW * USD $23.41 Buy It Now 15 days
Beak : Eyrie CD USD $5.07 Buy It Now 15 days
Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.06 Buy It Now 16 days
(HE299) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $4.06 Buy It Now 16 days
FUNCTIONAL BEAKS - Release 20 - UK 2-track 12" Vinyl Single - DJ Promo USD $20.33 Buy It Now 16 days
Crushed Beaks - Scatter - Vinyl LP + CD (New & Sealed) USD $16.26 Buy It Now 16 days
(GP138) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $4.06 Buy It Now 16 days
(DZ14) Me And My Drummer, The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 2012 DJ CD USD $6.77 Buy It Now 16 days
(GB518) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $4.04 Buy It Now 16 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Retired Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"