BEAK>

Search BEAK> Beak> tabs

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

BEAK> MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

Beak -Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.48 Buy It Now 10h 7m
(ER451) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $3.74 Buy It Now 13h 47m
Beak / Kaeb-Split Ep (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $18.77 Buy It Now 15h 6m
(CU261) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 17h 8m
(AL778) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 17h 43m
Dozy-Beak-Mick & Toch 45 rpm Record ''Bad News'' Cotillion'' USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Clipd Beaks To Realize Vinyl LP Record & MP3! abstract electronic art rock! NEW! USD $15.89 Buy It Now 1 day
s/s/s Sisyphus Beak & Claw 12" Vinyl LP Record Sufjan Stevens Son Lux Serengeti! USD $14.39 Buy It Now 1 day
(DK251) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Exploded View S/T LP vinyl record sealed Melody's Echo Chamber Beak TOY USD $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Sian Alice Group 59.59 2xLP vinyl record oneida condo fucks beak USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak Eyrie CD USD $5.07 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK "BACKWELL" ~~ CD ~~ SEALED~~ IPECAC RECORDINGS~~ USD $5.97 [0 bids]
USD $7.97 Buy It Now
BEAK Couple In A Hole (Music From The Tom Geens Film) LP VINYL 14 Track Brown USD $32.25 Buy It Now 3 days
VAN BELLEN the mixed senses 12" VG+ BEAK003 Vinyl 2001 Record USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
(GP138) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 3 days
NOVO Extremix 7" VINYL B/W Beak Version (Car315) Pic Sleeve UK Carrere USD $3.94 Buy It Now 3 days
(DZ14) Me And My Drummer, The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 2012 DJ CD USD $6.26 Buy It Now 3 days
ENGINE Getting Away From It All 7" VINYL B/W Just Keep Smiling (Beak1) Pic USD $6.26 Buy It Now 3 days
(GB518) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Clipd Beaks To Realize 2XLP sealed Mint download card USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CRUSHED BEAKS-SCATTER-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F04 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Couple In A Hole (ost) 5051083106405 by Beak, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $17.73 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak Boppin Tunes Giggle & Hoot Audio CD USD $27.28 Buy It Now 4 days
Van Bellen ?- The Mixed Senses NEW 12" 2001 Beak Recording? - Progressive house USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RATATAT - LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK PROMO-CD USD $0.99 [1 bids]
(DQ766) Breakdown, Crushed Beaks - DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.87 Buy It Now 4 days
BEAK KAEB - SPLIT EP VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $33.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Clipd Beaks - Preyers Ep [CD New] USD $8.43 Buy It Now 5 days
To Realize Clipd Beaks Audio CD USD $14.06 Buy It Now 5 days
(BS162) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.45 Buy It Now 5 days
(CG701) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Beak / kaeb - Split Ep NEW LP USD $18.30 Buy It Now 6 days
Hoarse Lords 0880270206728 by Clipd Beaks, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $16.41 Buy It Now 6 days
(EG923) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.08 Buy It Now 6 days
BEAK "BEAK" 2 LP VINYL NEW+ USD $37.01 Buy It Now 6 days
The Shivers Beaks to the Moon CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
CLIPD BEAKS Visions 2010 US vinyl 7" UNPLAYED USD $3.13 Buy It Now 7 days
(EF96) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $2.50 Buy It Now 7 days
To Realize [VINYL] Clipd Beaks Vinyl USD $16.32 Buy It Now 7 days
Hawk The Beak The Prey - Me & My Drummer *PROMO COPY* VERY GOOD USD $3.56 Buy It Now 7 days
WINSTON FRANCIS The Beak b/w Your Cheating Heart 7" Studio One 1969 reggae UB40 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE TWILIGHT ZONE CAIRO JACKS BEAK STREET W1 FLYER USD $2.50 Buy It Now 8 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER - THE HAWK,THE BEAK,THE PREY VINYL LP NEW+ USD $27.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Clipd Beaks - To Realize 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $30.51 Buy It Now 8 days
(FO959) Crushed Beaks, Rising Sign - DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 8 days
MXLX ^____^ 12" NEW VINYL FuckPunk Beak Fairhorns Team Brick USD $21.99 Buy It Now 8 days
STAIND "BEAK THE CYCLE" CD NEW+ USD $15.40 Buy It Now 8 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER CD NEW+ USD $17.58 Buy It Now 9 days
BEAK - BEAK (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $36.40 Buy It Now 9 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER (LP+CD) VINYL LP + CD NEW+ USD $27.13 Buy It Now 9 days
BEAK 0898 / Welcome To The Machine 10" LTD RSD 2013 MINT White Vinyl Portishead USD $11.29 [0 bids]
MONITOR "Beak / Pet Wedding" 1979 Meat Puppets PUNK- WORLD IMITATION L-6000 VG+ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
(GC816) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 10 days
(FJ741) Crushed Beaks, Rising Sign - DJ CD USD $3.08 Buy It Now 10 days
(DN278) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.13 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak Audio CD USD $16.32 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak -Beak (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.48 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak - (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.48 Buy It Now 10 days
BEAK by Beak . USD $11.99 Buy It Now 11 days
FAIRHORNS ~'Doki Doki Run' ~Rare UK PROMO ONLY CD 2012~BEAK~NEW USD $15.05 Buy It Now 11 days
(BK706) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.08 Buy It Now 11 days
(EE856) Crushed Beaks, Close-Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK: Mono / Kenn 45 (UK, PS, small spindle hole) Rock & Pop USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
(DN375) Me & My Drummer, The Hawk The Beak The Prey - 2012 DJ CD USD $6.26 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK , MONO, M/M, 1 Track, Promotional CD Single, White Sleeve, INVADA RECORDS USD $3.38 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK, MONO, M/M, 1 Track, Promotional CD Single, White Sleeve, INVADA, USD $3.38 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK , MONO, M/M, 1 Track, Promotional CD Single, White Sleeve, INVADA, USD $3.38 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK - COUPLE IN A HOLE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CD NEW+ USD $23.43 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK BY BEAK (CD) USD $17.51 Buy It Now 12 days
BEAK - COUPLE IN A HOLE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VINYL LP NEW+ USD $32.26 Buy It Now 12 days
BEAK - COUPLE IN A HOLE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK New Vinyl LP USD $25.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk, the Beak, the Prey (2012) CD DIGIPAK -NEW -FREEPOST USD $11.29 Buy It Now 12 days
CRUSHED BEAKS, OVERGROWN, EX/M, 1 Track, Promotional CD Single, Picture Sleeve, USD $3.38 Buy It Now 12 days
CRUSHED BEAKS, RISING SIGN, EX/EX, 1 Track, Promotional CD Single, Picture Sleev USD $3.38 Buy It Now 12 days
CLOUDLAND CANYON Aureliua LP krautrock post rock neu goat beak emeralds harmonia USD $8.00 Buy It Now 12 days
STONEPHACE Stonephace 12" LP + CD trip hop prog portishead beak soft machine USD $20.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Beak Beak Audio CD USD $19.52 Buy It Now 12 days
Me and My Dummer - The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 10 Track USD $5.01 Buy It Now 13 days
Couple In A Hole / O.S.T. - Beak 5051083106399 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $28.77 Buy It Now 13 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole / O.S.T. [Vinyl New] USD $30.77 Buy It Now 13 days
Me and My Drummer-The Hawk, the Beak, the Prey (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.46 Buy It Now 13 days
(DL825) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.08 Buy It Now 13 days
(ED87) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $3.74 Buy It Now 13 days
(GD251) Crushed Beaks, Overgrown - DJ CD USD $3.74 Buy It Now 13 days
MONITOR 'BEAK / PET WEDDING' 7" WORLD IMITATION BOYD RICE SOLID EYE 1979 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 14 days
ENGINE Getting Away From It All 7" Ps, B/W Just Feel Like Smiling, Beak 1 USD $8.78 Buy It Now 14 days
ME & MY DRUMMER The Hawk The Beak The Prey 2012 German 10-track promo CD USD $5.01 Buy It Now 14 days
(AW613) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On - DJ CD USD $3.45 Buy It Now 14 days
BEAK [689230011828] New CD USD $11.86 Buy It Now 14 days
NEW Hoarse Lords by Clipd Beaks CD (CD) Free P&H USD $17.61 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK " " CD ---------10 TRACKS--------- NEW+ USD $24.04 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK> SELF TITLED PORTISHEAD (CD, Nov-2009, Ipecac (Label)) BEAK USD $7.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack (NEW CD) USD $15.05 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK KAEB (geoff barrow/portishead) rare split 2 track cd USD $3.75 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK-BEAK CD NEW USD $12.93 Buy It Now 15 days
(DD32) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK Couple In A Hole (Original Soundtrack) LP NEW COLORED VINYL Invad USD $41.99 Buy It Now 16 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER - THE HAWK,THE BEAK,THE PREY CD NEW+ USD $19.75 Buy It Now 16 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Retired Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"