BEAK>

Search BEAK> Beak> tabs

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

BEAK> MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

Beak>Beak>
Ipecac Recordings 2009
Beak by Beak>Beak by Beak>
Invada
Beak> by Beak> (2009)Beak> by Beak> (2009)
Ipecac Recordings
(DL825) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 3h 33m
(ED87) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 3h 38m
ALVIN JETT AND THE PHAT NOIZ BLUES BAND - WET MY BEAK CD USD $21.79 Buy It Now 4h 20m
12"EP / TRACEY ULLMAN / BEAK-A-WAY + 1 (PROMO)(USA) USD $2.29 Buy It Now 21h 36m
Beak Beak Audio CD USD $20.89 Buy It Now 21h 44m
Beak (CD New) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beak CD USD $15.29 Buy It Now 1 day
BEAK " " CD ---------10 TRACKS--------- NEW+ USD $23.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Beak [CD New] USD $10.32 Buy It Now 1 day
PRINCESS HEADBUTT Emerald Beak CD 3 Track 3" Disc Featuring Carving The Iron Mou USD $3.90 Buy It Now 1 day
(DD32) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 2 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER - THE HAWK,THE BEAK,THE PREY CD NEW+ USD $23.46 Buy It Now 2 days
NOVO Extremix 7" B/w Beak Version Pic Sleeve UK Carrere 1984 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 2 days
GIGGLE AND HOOT BEAK BOPPIN' TUNES CD NEW USD $11.63 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK (GEOFF BARROW) 0898 10" 2 Track Limited Edition White Vinyl In Stickered P USD $21.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Clipd Beaks - Hoarse Lords CD NEW+ USD $23.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Clipd Beaks - To Realize CD NEW+ USD $21.20 Buy It Now 2 days
(EQ275) Filthy Pedro And The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Clipd Beaks To Realize Vinyl LP Record & MP3! abstract electronic art rock! NEW! USD $15.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak - Beak Ii (CD New) USD $15.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak Test Pressing Very Rare With Extras Lp Geoff Barrows Portishead Vinyl USD $275.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - Overgrown. rare UK 1 track CD +press (Buy 3 = Free P USD $1.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Me And My Drummer The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey CD USD $3.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Me And My Drummer - The Hawk The Beak The Prey - SR44CD USD $15.10 Buy It Now 3 days
EXCITEBIKE - Beak Scoop Bulge Stretch Slice Add Subtract (EP CD) AKA ExBike USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak - Beak Ii [CD New] USD $14.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Hawk The Beak The Prey - Me & My Drummer (2012, CD New) USD $14.50 Buy It Now 4 days
CLIPD BEAKS To Realize US vinyl 2-LP + MP3 SEALED USD $7.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Me & My Drummer - Hawk The Beak The Prey [CD New] USD $14.34 Buy It Now 4 days
Me & My Drummer - Hawk The Beak The Prey CD USD $27.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Clipd Beaks - To Realize CD USD $17.29 Buy It Now 4 days
To Realize - Clipd Beaks (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.05 Buy It Now 4 days
BEAK - - 2xLP USD $39.20 Buy It Now 4 days
Skeewiff Wet Your Beak 12" Jalapeno Records 2006 USD $15.60 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen - I want to beak free UK 12" USD $10.91 Buy It Now 4 days
RAYMOND SCOTT & HIS NEW ORCH Eagle Beak/Copyright 1950 78 10" COLUMBIA 35911 USD $20.28 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak Ii - Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.81 Buy It Now 5 days
(DT105) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 5 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER - MTLDALP1 USD $33.50 Buy It Now 5 days
LITTLE FEAT - BEAK POSITIVE - LIVE 1975 - WEMBLEY STADIUM - VERY RARE - LP USD $89.99 Buy It Now 6 days
To Realize (2 LP + mp3 Download) [Vinyl] Clipd Beaks Vinyl USD $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey Me And My Drummer Audio CD USD $21.15 Buy It Now 6 days
PURE275S - Crushed Beaks - Close-Ups USD $9.80 Buy It Now 6 days
CD . CLIPD BEAKS . Hoarse Lords . USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEAK- CD BOX SET LIMITED RARE MINT/UNPLAYED PORTISHEAD USD $31.21 Buy It Now 7 days
(DQ356) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 7 days
To Realize, 0656605582627, Clipd Beaks USD $14.77 Buy It Now 8 days
DONOVAN & JEFF BEAK Barabajagal Sealed Rare STEREO EPIC RECORDS PE26481 ISSUE LP USD $50.99 Buy It Now 8 days
s/s/s Sisyphus Beak & Claw 12" Vinyl LP Record Sufjan Stevens Son Lux Serengeti+ USD $14.39 Buy It Now 8 days
(CM620) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On - 2010 DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 8 days
(DJ724) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 8 days
CLIPD BEAKS "Hoarse Lords" LP - Screen Printed Cover - RARE - Includes Poster USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DJ Scott A. ?Feelin' The Energy Hit Me 1,2,3 Breakbeat Dance Beaks NM 12" single USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Beak - Beak Ii CD USD $20.29 Buy It Now 8 days
(BQ617) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $4.29 Buy It Now 8 days
KPOP 15& PARK JI MIN & BEAK YERIN SOMEBODY DIGITAL SINGLE NM CD Promo (SIGNED) USD $34.99 [0 bids]
LITTLE FEAT BEAK POSITIVE LIVE 1975 ROCK LP BOOT RARE USD $100.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Beak 0898/ Welcome To The Machine - Record Stor... 10" record UK USD $45.18 Buy It Now 9 days
FAIRHORNS ~'Doki Doki Run' ~Rare UK PROMO ONLY CD 2012~BEAK~NEW USD $18.72 Buy It Now 9 days
ACID BIRDS 2 Red Beak Yellow Eye 12" 3 Track B/w Rings And Lenses And Rapture Ru USD $7.79 Buy It Now 9 days
BEAK KAEB Split Ep 12" 4 Track Double B-side Split Ep With Download Code Rele USD $26.21 Buy It Now 9 days
CLIPT BEAKS To Realize DOUBLE LP 10 Track Double With Insert EUROPEAN Lovepump USD $14.74 Buy It Now 9 days
Me and My Dummer - The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 10 Track USD $6.23 Buy It Now 9 days
Hawk The Beak The Prey - Me & My Drummer (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.34 Buy It Now 9 days
Scatter Crushed Beaks Audio CD USD $17.31 Buy It Now 10 days
(DL206) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 11 days
FAIRHORNS Doki Doki Run RSD LP NEW VINYL+CD Invada Beak USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Beak Boppin Tunes Audio CD USD $38.92 Buy It Now 12 days
Crushed Beaks - BreakDown - NEW Coloured 7" Vinyl Record Ltd No101 of 500 USD $11.69 Buy It Now 12 days
Beak ultra rare limited edition 12" box of 250 Portishead Massive Attack Tricky USD $38.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Crushed Beaks Close Ups / Sun Dogs Too Pure No'd 7" 239 USD $6.24 Buy It Now 12 days
To Realize, 0656605582627, Clipd Beaks USD $16.88 Buy It Now 13 days
Hoarse Lords, Clipd Beaks USD $19.37 Buy It Now 13 days
S / S / S - Beak & Claw EP 12" NEW Vinyl Anticon Recs HipHop Electronic Rock USD $16.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Beak Beak Audio CD USD $23.11 Buy It Now 13 days
Scatter, 5060164954804, Crushed Beaks USD $20.48 Buy It Now 13 days
(CJ15) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!!! - 2010 DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 13 days
Beak USD $30.90 Buy It Now 13 days
Prefab Sprout/When Love Beaks Down/1986 7" Single/EX USD $4.67 Buy It Now 13 days
Clipd Beaks To Realize LP sealed vinyl indie psych USD $11.96 Buy It Now 13 days
CD . CLIPD BEAKS . Hoarse Lords . USD $4.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Angela Valid Beaks & Beer Cans (PS) 7" Vinyl Single USD $12.08 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak - Beak - A2300030961 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 14 days
(DD516) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 15 days
(AE860) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 15 days
VAN BELLEN-Shades~BEAK RECORDINGS HOUSE 12 USD $5.90 Buy It Now 15 days
GIGGLE AND HOOT - Beak Bopping Tunes CD 2010 ABC For Kids AS NEW!  USD $7.27 Buy It Now 15 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - Scatter - LP + CD USD $32.13 Buy It Now 15 days
HAGOOD HARDY afternoon in venice/love theme from missouri beaks CAPITOL 45 USD $1.89 Buy It Now 15 days
CRUSHED BEAKS 7" Breakdown DEBUT 250 Made! Grey Vinyl + Promo Info sheet Numberd USD $10.85 Buy It Now 15 days
Me And My Drummer - The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey NEW CD USD $13.27 Buy It Now 16 days
Crushed Beaks - Scatter NEW CD USD $9.20 Buy It Now 16 days
Crushed Beaks - Scatter NEW LP USD $24.76 Buy It Now 16 days
(ER451) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 17 days
To Realize * by Clipd Beaks (CD, Jan-2010, Lovepump United) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 17 days
(CU261) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $4.67 Buy It Now 17 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEAK> DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
PROG REVIEWER Retired Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"