BEAK>

Search BEAK> Beak> tabs

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

BEAK> MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Couple in a HoleCouple in a Hole
Invada Records 2016
Vinyl$33.70
BEAK - COUPLE IN A HOLE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK New Vinyl LP USD $26.05 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Me and My Drummer - Hawk, the Beak, the Prey (2012) CD DIGIPAK -NEW -FREEPOST USD $9.05 Buy It Now 3h 23m
ACID BIRDS 2 Red Beak Yellow Eye 12" 3 Track B/w Rings And Lenses And Rapture Ru USD $6.53 Buy It Now 19h 57m
BEAK Couple In A Hole (music From The Tom Geens Film) LP 14 Track Brown Vinyl W USD $33.61 Buy It Now 21h 35m
CLIPT BEAKS To Realize DOUBLE LP 10 Track Double With Insert (lpu026) EUROPEAN L USD $6.53 Buy It Now 21h 39m
Me and My Dummer - The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 10 Track USD $5.22 Buy It Now 23h 19m
NOVO Extremix 7" B/w Beak Version (car315) Pic Sleeve UK Carrere 1984 USD $4.11 Buy It Now 1 day
ENGINE Getting Away From It All 7" B/w Just Keep Smiling (beak1) Pic Sleeve UK B USD $8.88 Buy It Now 1 day
(DL825) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.21 Buy It Now 1 day
(ED87) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $3.90 Buy It Now 1 day
(AW613) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On - DJ CD USD $3.60 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK [689230011828] New CD USD $11.59 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW Hoarse Lords by Clipd Beaks CD (CD) Free P&H USD $20.89 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK " " CD ---------10 TRACKS--------- NEW+ USD $22.04 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK SELF TITLED PORTISHEAD (CD, Nov-2009, Ipecac (Label)) BEAK USD $7.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack (NEW CD) USD $14.38 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK-BEAK CD NEW USD $12.62 Buy It Now 3 days
(DD32) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 3 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER - THE HAWK,THE BEAK,THE PREY CD NEW+ USD $23.11 Buy It Now 3 days
BEAK "BACKWELL" ~~ CD ~~ SEALED~~ IPECAC RECORDINGS~~ USD $5.97 [0 bids]
USD $7.97 Buy It Now
GIGGLE AND HOOT BEAK BOPPIN' TUNES CD NEW USD $12.64 Buy It Now 3 days
EGO-WRAPPIN' - The cherry on the beak CD JAPAN UPCM 5002 NEW 2002 USD $78.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Clipd Beaks - Hoarse Lords CD NEW+ USD $20.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Clipd Beaks - To Realize CD NEW+ USD $17.14 Buy It Now 3 days
(EQ275) Filthy Pedro And The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $2.60 Buy It Now 4 days
(GP866) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 4 days
(GP911) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 4 days
Coldcut - Beak It Up - c/w Santa's House - Vinyl- Free UK Post USD $10.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Superstars of the 60's and 70's vol 11 & 12 - Jimi Hendrix & Dave Dee Dozy Beak USD $1.31 Buy It Now 5 days
BEAK - Couple In A Hole (Soundtrack) - CD USD $14.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Skeewiff Wet Your Beak 12" Jalapeno Records 2006 USD $13.07 Buy It Now 6 days
TONI BRAXTON Un Beak My Heart RARE SPANISH version LIMITED USA CD single unbreak USD $23.74 Buy It Now 6 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER The Hawk The Beak The Prey UK 10-trk promo CD USD $5.22 Buy It Now 6 days
(DT105) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 6 days
Beak USD $34.38 Buy It Now 6 days
Little Feat "Beak Positive" 1976 Live Album-TAKRL-Not Tmoq USD $24.99 [0 bids]
78 rpm - RAYMOND SCOTT ON 1940 COLUMBIA EAGLE BEAK / COPTRIGHT 1950 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEAK by Beak (CD, Nov-2009, Ipecac (Label)) USD $14.81 Buy It Now 6 days
Me And My Drummer The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
(GM699) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 7 days
(GM756) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 7 days
Scatter 5060164954804 by Crushed Beaks, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $21.51 Buy It Now 7 days
Clipd Beaks : Preyers CD (2006) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEAK - Beak - BEAK CD TIVG USD $16.96 Buy It Now 7 days
James Sasser 3 Country CD Lot Dip Your Beak, The Melcliff, & Southside Of Sorrow USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Beak Out: The Pointer Sisters: Planet Records # BXL1-4705A - 1984: NM- / NM- USD $5.85 Buy It Now 7 days
Beak Eyrie CD ***NEW*** USD $12.51 Buy It Now 7 days
(DQ356) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.21 Buy It Now 8 days
ci) Beak Beethoven Piano Concerts No4 & 5 Chicago Symphony USD $28.72 Buy It Now 8 days
DONOVAN & JEFF BEAK Barabajagal Sealed Rare STEREO EPIC RECORDS PE26481 ISSUE LP USD $50.99 Buy It Now 9 days
(CM620) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 9 days
Beak Boppin Tunes - Giggle & Hoot (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.66 Buy It Now 9 days
(DJ724) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.26 Buy It Now 9 days
The Social / Science Set Beak Doctor 5 & 6 CD Henry Kaiser Berkeley California USD $33.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Van Bellen - The Senses EP - Beak Recordings #54505 USD $6.53 Buy It Now 9 days
HATEBEAK-HATEBEAK [CD] NUMBER OF THE BEAK-CD NEW USD $12.09 Buy It Now 9 days
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAK [USED CD] USD $7.12 Buy It Now 9 days
The Number of the Beak New CD USD $11.55 Buy It Now 9 days
Couple in a Hole [Original Soundtrack] * by Beak (CD, May-2016, Invada) USD $13.86 Buy It Now 9 days
Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack - Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.03 Buy It Now 9 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack [CD New] USD $15.03 Buy It Now 9 days
(BQ617) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.60 Buy It Now 9 days
NEW Beak / Dd-Mm-Yy (Vinyl) USD $40.92 Buy It Now 10 days
(GE338) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 10 days
Crushed Beaks - BreakDown - NEW Coloured 7" Vinyl Record Ltd No101 of 500 USD $5.22 Buy It Now 10 days
Hawk The Beak The Prey - Me & My Drummer (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.61 Buy It Now 10 days
The Hawk, the Beak, the Prey [Digipak] by Me and My Drummer (CD, Oct-2012,... USD $25.64 Buy It Now 11 days
To Realize, Clipd Beaks, 0656605582627 USD $14.14 Buy It Now 11 days
THE HAWK, THE BEAK, THE PREY [DIGIPAK] [USED CD] USD $24.53 Buy It Now 11 days
Me & My Drummer - Hawk The Beak The Prey [CD New] USD $13.61 Buy It Now 11 days
HATEBEAK**NUMBER OF THE BEAK (WITH DOWNLOAD)**VINYL USD $22.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Beak - Beak New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $14.31 Buy It Now 12 days
(DL206) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.26 Buy It Now 12 days
EXCITEBIKE - Beak Scoop Bulge Stretch Slice Add Subtract (EP CD) AKA ExBike USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days
CLIPD BEAKS To Realize US vinyl 2-LP + MP3 SEALED USD $6.53 Buy It Now 12 days
BEAK [USED CD] USD $10.58 Buy It Now 12 days
HATEBEAK**NUMBER OF THE BEAK**CD USD $12.95 Buy It Now 12 days
CRUSHED BEAKS Scatter LP Matilda ?MTLDALP01 with Limited CD SEALED USD $13.02 Buy It Now 12 days
FAIRHORNS Doki Doki Run RSD LP NEW VINYL+CD Invada Beak USD $39.99 Buy It Now 13 days
BEAK BY BEAK (CD) USD $17.51 Buy It Now 13 days
Hoarse Lords, Clipd Beaks USD $16.24 Buy It Now 14 days
Scatter, 5060164954804, Crushed Beaks USD $17.17 Buy It Now 14 days
(CJ15) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!!! - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak / Kaeb - Split EP (NEW 12" VINYL EP) USD $23.54 Buy It Now 14 days
Prefab Sprout/When Love Beaks Down/1986 7" Single/EX USD $3.91 Buy It Now 15 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [CD New] USD $16.51 Buy It Now 15 days
Clipd Beaks To Realize LP vinyl record sealed royal trux psychic ills kit USD $7.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Clipd Beaks - Preyers (2010) - Used - Compact Disc USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Angela Valid Beaks & Beer Cans (PS) 7" Vinyl Single USD $10.13 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK - Couple In A Hole (Soundtrack) - Vinyl (LP) USD $26.86 Buy It Now 15 days
(GF191) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 15 days
The Hawk, the Beak, the Prey [Digipak] New CD USD $25.09 Buy It Now 15 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER * LP VINYL * INC ROUGH TRADE CD * FREE P USD $31.39 Buy It Now 16 days
Van Bellen - The Mixed Senses - Beak Recordings #92137 USD $5.22 Buy It Now 16 days
(DD516) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 16 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEAK> DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Retired Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives