BEAK>

Search BEAK> Beak> tabs

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

BEAK> MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

(DT105) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Alvin Jett & Phat Noiz Blues Band : Wet My Beak CD (2005) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Audio CD Hoarse Lords - CLIPD BEAKS - Free Shipping USD $4.91 Buy It Now 8h 46m
BEAK by Beak (CD, Nov-2009, Ipecac (Label)) USD $15.03 Buy It Now 15h 38m
Audio CD Hoarse Lords - CLIPD BEAKS - Free Shipping USD $14.25 Buy It Now 16h 11m
Me And My Drummer The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey CD USD $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
CLIPD BEAKS Visions 2010 US vinyl 7" UNPLAYED USD $3.22 Buy It Now 1 day
(GM699) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 1 day
(GM756) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Clipd Beaks : Preyers CD (2006) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Cedar Drive - Beak / Hang Bang - JAK Audio - 2002 #721413 USD $2.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Beak Eyrie CD ***NEW*** USD $8.97 Buy It Now 1 day
BEAK by Beak (CD, Nov-2009, Ipecac (Label)) USD $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
(DQ356) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.17 Buy It Now 2 days
To Realize Clipd Beaks Audio CD USD $14.50 Buy It Now 2 days
CD BEAK BOPPING TUNES GIGGLE AND HOOT ABC FOR KIDS 29 SONGS (c) ABC 2010 USD $8.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak -Beak (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $29.85 Buy It Now 2 days
ci) Beak Beethoven Piano Concerts No4 & 5 Chicago Symphony USD $29.18 Buy It Now 2 days
DONOVAN & JEFF BEAK Barabajagal Sealed Rare STEREO EPIC RECORDS PE26481 ISSUE LP USD $50.99 Buy It Now 3 days
(CM620) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.86 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak Boppin Tunes - Giggle & Hoot (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak, New Music USD $16.24 Buy It Now 3 days
(DJ724) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.22 Buy It Now 3 days
Unknown Artist Speak Beak CD USD $5.96 Buy It Now 3 days
James Sasser 3 Country CD Lot Dip Your Beak, The Melcliff, & Southside Of Sorrow USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Social / Science Set Beak Doctor 5 & 6 CD Henry Kaiser Berkeley California USD $27.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak Boppin Tunes - Giggle & Hoot CD-JEWEL CASE USD $14.93 Buy It Now 3 days
CRUSHED BEAKS-SCATTER-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F04 USD $23.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAK [USED CD] USD $7.02 Buy It Now 3 days
The Number of the Beak New CD USD $10.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack [New CD] USD $20.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack - Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack [New CD] USD $18.23 Buy It Now 3 days
(BQ617) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.56 Buy It Now 3 days
GIGGLE & HOOT - Beak Bopping Tunes CD 2010 ABC For Kids AS NEW! Boppin' USD $4.85 Buy It Now 3 days
(GE338) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.86 Buy It Now 4 days
CLIPD BEAKS To Realize US vinyl 2-LP + MP3 SEALED USD $6.46 Buy It Now 4 days
BEAK - LET TIME BEGIN-CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
BEAK 0898 / Welcome To The Machine Released for Record Store Day 2013. USD $11.64 [0 bids]
Me and My Drummer - Hawk the Beak the Prey [New CD] UK - Import USD $12.72 Buy It Now 4 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk the Beak the Prey [New CD] UK - Import USD $11.64 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak - Beak Compact Disc USD $14.49 Buy It Now 5 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $16.21 Buy It Now 6 days
CLIPD BEAKS - HOARSE LORDS USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $12.06 Buy It Now 6 days
(DL206) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.22 Buy It Now 6 days
HAGOOD HARDY afternoon in venice/love theme from missouri beaks CAPITOL 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 6 days
BEAK - BEAK USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $11.61 Buy It Now 6 days
FAIRHORNS Doki Doki Run RSD LP NEW VINYL+CD Invada Beak USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BOYS NOIZE Chilly Gonzales WORKING TOGETHER 12" Vinyl RSD 2011 276/500 Beaks USD $12.95 [0 bids]
Beak Boppin Tunes Giggle & Hoot Audio CD USD $27.21 Buy It Now 7 days
Beak -Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack CD NEW USD $20.68 Buy It Now 7 days
Beak - Beak CD NEW+ USD $20.92 Buy It Now 7 days
CLIPD BEAKS - PREYERS [EP] NEW CD USD $14.43 Buy It Now 7 days
TONI BRAXTON Un Beak My Heart RARE SPANISH version LIMITED USA CD single unbreak USD $23.74 Buy It Now 7 days
(CJ15) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!!! - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 8 days
Beak / Kaeb - Split EP (NEW 12" VINYL EP) USD $23.29 Buy It Now 8 days
CRUSHED BEAKS Scatter LP Matilda ?MTLDALP01 with Limited CD SEALED *SALE* USD $6.46 Buy It Now 8 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [New CD] Australia - Import USD $7.56 Buy It Now 8 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [New CD] Australia - Import USD $7.09 Buy It Now 8 days
Beak - Beak Ii [CD New] USD $13.73 Buy It Now 8 days
ENGINE 7" & P/S DEBUT SINGLE (GETTING AWAY FROM IT ALL) ON BEAK 1 USD $3.24 Buy It Now 8 days
Clipd Beaks - Preyers (2010) USD $2.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Clipd Beaks - Hoarse Lords Test Press Psych Wolf Eyes Gnod USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.99 Buy It Now
Angela Valid Beaks & Beer Cans (PS) 7" Vinyl Single USD $10.02 Buy It Now 9 days
(GF191) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.86 Buy It Now 9 days
CLIPD BEAKS - HOARSE LORDS NEW CD USD $13.46 Buy It Now 9 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER - THE HAWK, THE BEAK, THE PREY [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $28.70 Buy It Now 9 days
CLIPD BEAKS - TO REALIZE * NEW CD USD $11.91 Buy It Now 9 days
(DD516) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 10 days
(AE860) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.30 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak - Beak [New CD] USD $12.26 Buy It Now 10 days
BEAK/KAEB - Split EP - Vinyl (12") USD $23.42 Buy It Now 10 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER * LP VINYL * INC ROUGH TRADE CD * FREE P USD $31.06 Buy It Now 10 days
Van Bellen - The Senses EP - Beak Recordings - 2000 #54505 USD $6.46 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK - COUPLE IN A HOLE / SOUNDTRACK NEW VINYL USD $50.75 Buy It Now 11 days
(ER451) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $3.86 Buy It Now 11 days
(CU261) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 12 days
(AL778) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 12 days
Van Bellen - The Mixed Senses - Beak Recordings - 2001 #92137 USD $5.17 Buy It Now 12 days
BEAK by Beak . USD $34.88 Buy It Now 12 days
Hawk The Beak The Prey - Me & My Drummer (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.72 Buy It Now 12 days
Clipd Beaks To Realize Vinyl LP Record & MP3! abstract electronic art rock! NEW! USD $15.89 Buy It Now 13 days
s/s/s Sisyphus Beak & Claw 12" Vinyl LP Record Sufjan Stevens Son Lux Serengeti! USD $14.39 Buy It Now 13 days
(DK251) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 13 days
BEAK Couple In A Hole (Original Soundtrack) LP NEW COLORED VINYL Invada Geoff B USD $41.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Van Bellen ?- The Mixed Senses NEW 12" 2001 Beak Recording? - Progressive house USD $8.92 Buy It Now 13 days
Beak Eyrie CD USD $5.07 Buy It Now 14 days
BEAK - (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $36.23 Buy It Now 14 days
(HE299) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 14 days
(GP138) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 15 days
(DZ14) Me And My Drummer, The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 2012 DJ CD USD $6.46 Buy It Now 15 days
(GB518) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.86 Buy It Now 15 days
Clipd Beaks To Realize 2XLP sealed Mint download card USD $11.99 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK - COUPLE IN A HOLE [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK] * NEW CD USD $14.32 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK - COUPLE IN A HOLE [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK] * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $13.32 Buy It Now 15 days
Beak Boppin Tunes by Giggle & Hoot. USD $22.23 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Retired Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"