BEAK>

Search BEAK> Beak> tabs

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

BEAK> MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

Beak and Claw [Limited Edition] [EP] by s / s / s (Vinyl, Mar-2012, Anticon) USD $21.31 Buy It Now 6h 27m
James Sasser 3 Country CD Lot Dip Your Beak, The Melcliff, & Southside Of Sorrow USD $9.37 Buy It Now 11h 18m
CLIPT BEAKS To Realize DOUBLE LP VINYL European Lovepump United 10 Track Double USD $6.89 Buy It Now 14h 22m
(HS221) Beak> USD $12.41 [0 bids]
HATEBEAK THE NUMBER OF THE BEAK NEW VINYL RECORD USD $22.85 Buy It Now 19h 40m
ENGINE Getting Away From It All 7" Ps, B/W Just Feel Like Smiling, Beak 1 USD $9.65 Buy It Now 20h 18m
(AW613) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On - DJ CD USD $3.52 Buy It Now 21h 25m
BEAK> - BEAK> NEW CD USD $12.65 Buy It Now 1 day
BEAK> / USD $21.74 Buy It Now 1 day
BEAK> - >> New Vinyl LP USD $31.97 Buy It Now 1 day
BEAK> - COUPLE IN A HOLE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK New Vinyl LP USD $24.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Beak> - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack (NEW CD) USD $15.17 Buy It Now 1 day
BEAK-BEAK CD NEW USD $13.71 Buy It Now 1 day
GIGGLE & HOOT-BEAK BOPPIN TUNES (AUS) CD NEW USD $17.13 Buy It Now 1 day
(DD32) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Couple In A Hole BEAK Soundtrack LP Tree-Bark BROWN Vinyl & Download NEW SEALED USD $38.50 Buy It Now 1 day
BEAK> USD $34.19 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK> - COUPLE IN A HOLE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VINYL LP NEW+ USD $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK> - COUPLE IN A HOLE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CD NEW+ USD $23.63 Buy It Now 2 days
GIGGLE AND HOOT BEAK BOPPIN' TUNES CD NEW USD $13.46 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK> ">>" CD ---------10 TRACKS--------- NEW+ USD $24.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Giggle And Hoot - Beak Bopping Tunes CD - ABC Music - Play School - 2010 N/Mint USD $10.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak> - Beak> CD NEW+ USD $23.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Crushed Beaks - Scatter - Vinyl LP + CD (New & Sealed) USD $29.61 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK "BEAK" 2 LP VINYL NEW+ USD $40.19 Buy It Now 2 days
(EQ275) Filthy Pedro And The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $2.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Superstars of the 60's and 70's vol 11 & 12 - Jimi Hendrix & Dave Dee Dozy Beak USD $1.38 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK> - SEX MUSIC (7'' SINGLE) VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $18.93 Buy It Now 2 days
(GP866) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups - 2011 DJ CD USD $4.13 Buy It Now 2 days
(GP911) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On - 2010 DJ CD USD $4.13 Buy It Now 2 days
Coldcut - Beak It Up - c/w Santa's House - Vinyl- Free UK Post USD $11.04 Buy It Now 3 days
CRUSHED BEAKS 7" Breakdown DEBUT 250 Made! Grey Vinyl + Promo Info sheet Numberd USD $9.59 Buy It Now 3 days
TONI BRAXTON Un Beak My Heart RARE SPANISH version LIMITED CD LaFace USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEAK> 0898 / Welcome To The Machine Released for Record Store Day 2013. USD $11.03 [0 bids]
(DJ724) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD USD $2.75 Buy It Now 3 days
BEAK-BEAK RECORDINGS 05/01/09-17/01/09 CD ** ULTRA RARE **NR MINT CD ** FREEPOST USD $12.41 Buy It Now 3 days
GLEE & BEAK "FRONDAY" CASSETTE 1990 OHIO INDIE FOLK ROCK USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Scatter, Crushed Beaks CD | 5060164954804 | New USD $13.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Skeewiff Wet Your Beak 12" Jalapeno Records 2006 USD $13.79 Buy It Now 4 days
BOYS NOIZE Chilly Gonzales WORKING TOGETHER 12" Vinyl RSD 2011 276/500 Beaks USD $20.70 [0 bids]
(DT105) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.38 Buy It Now 4 days
Alvin Jett & Phat Noiz Blues Band : Wet My Beak CD (2005) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
(GM699) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $4.13 Buy It Now 5 days
(GM756) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $4.11 Buy It Now 5 days
Clipd Beaks : Preyers CD (2006) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEAK> Vinyl Collection USD $280.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEAK> by Beak>. USD $37.24 Buy It Now 6 days
(DQ356) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $2.75 Buy It Now 6 days
Beak>-Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack CD NEW USD $22.51 Buy It Now 7 days
Legend Of Xanadu / Zabadak 7in Dave Dee, Dozy, Beak 1982 Vinyl (ID:14785) USD $6.39 Buy It Now 7 days
Legend Of...... Dave Dee, Dozy, Beak 1968 Vinyl (ID:14852) USD $6.18 Buy It Now 7 days
ci) Beak Beethoven Piano Concerts No4 & 5 Chicago Symphony USD $31.71 Buy It Now 7 days
Evan Parker at the Finger Palace Free Jazz Sax Solo in Shrink Beak Doctor USD $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DONOVAN & JEFF BEAK Barabajagal Sealed Rare STEREO EPIC RECORDS PE26481 ISSUE LP USD $50.99 Buy It Now 7 days
(CM620) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.52 Buy It Now 7 days
Hoarse Lords * by Clipd Beaks. USD $15.14 Buy It Now 7 days
Scatter by Crushed Beaks. USD $16.39 Buy It Now 7 days
Speak Beak by Beaky (CD, Aug-2004, Southport/Asian Improv) USD $5.96 Buy It Now 7 days
The Social / Science Set Beak Doctor 5 & 6 CD Henry Kaiser Berkeley California USD $27.00 Buy It Now 8 days
CRUSHED BEAKS-SCATTER-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F04 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 8 days
HATEBEAK - THE NUMBER OF THE BEAK USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $8.86 Buy It Now 8 days
HATEBEAK - THE NUMBER OF THE BEAK NEW CD USD $11.17 Buy It Now 8 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack [New CD] USD $20.17 Buy It Now 8 days
Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack - Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.85 Buy It Now 8 days
Beak - Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack [New CD] USD $18.41 Buy It Now 8 days
(BQ617) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.52 Buy It Now 8 days
(GE338) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $4.11 Buy It Now 8 days
Beak (Colv) Couple In A Hole O.S.T. (Colv) vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $66.18 Buy It Now 9 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk the Beak the Prey [New CD] UK - Import USD $13.17 Buy It Now 9 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk the Beak the Prey [New CD] UK - Import USD $17.17 Buy It Now 9 days
BEAK - Beak [CD] USD $14.91 Buy It Now 10 days
Legend Of...... Dave Dee, Dozy, Beak 1968 Vinyl (ID:14852) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Legend Of Xanadu / Zabadak 7in Dave Dee, Dozy, Beak 1982 Vinyl (ID:14785) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak - Beak> Compact Disc USD $15.37 Buy It Now 10 days
(DL206) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $2.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Van Bellen - The Mixed Senses 12" VG+ BEAK003 Vinyl 2001 Record USD $8.00 Buy It Now 10 days
BEAK> - BEAK> USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.64 Buy It Now 10 days
TONI BRAXTON Un Beak My Heart RARE SPANISH version LIMITED USA CD single unbreak USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Beak>-Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack VINYL NEW USD $40.49 Buy It Now 12 days
(CJ15) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!!! - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.52 Buy It Now 12 days
EXCITEBIKE - Beak Scoop Bulge Stretch Slice Add Subtract (EP CD) AKA ExBike USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days
STONEPHACE Stonephace 12" LP + CD trip hop prog portishead beak soft machine USD $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Beak> / USD $24.83 Buy It Now 13 days
DAVE DEE DOZY MICK BEAK AND TICH - ZABADAK! - 45 SINGLE - 1967 - FONTANA - PSYCH USD $4.07 Buy It Now 13 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [New CD] Australia - Import USD $7.54 Buy It Now 13 days
BEAK> by Beak. USD $12.68 Buy It Now 13 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [New CD] Australia - Import USD $7.16 Buy It Now 13 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER The Hawk The Beak The Prey UK 10-trk promo CD USD $5.51 Buy It Now 13 days
Clipd Beaks - Preyers (2010) USD $2.00 Buy It Now 13 days
(GF191) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $4.11 Buy It Now 13 days
Couple in a Hole, BEAK CD | 5051083106405 | New USD $16.34 Buy It Now 14 days
Hatebeak - Number of the Beak [New CD] USD $11.18 Buy It Now 14 days
VULTUR Vulture's Beak CD SADISTIC INTENT, MORPHEUS DESCENDS, IMMOLATION USD $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Hatebeak - Number of the Beak [New CD] USD $10.77 Buy It Now 14 days
(DD516) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.38 Buy It Now 14 days
(AE860) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $2.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak - Beak [New CD] USD $13.54 Buy It Now 14 days
snow / get off your throne / freak beak - (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $7.49 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak - Beak [New CD] USD $12.66 Buy It Now 15 days
CLIPD BEAKS Visions 2010 US vinyl 7" UNPLAYED USD $3.44 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Retired Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"