BEAK>

12. Flax Bourton (2:49)

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

Beak> >>> Audio CDBeak> >>> Audio CD
Invada Records 2018
$10.12
Beak>: >>> (Geoff Barrow) Vinyl LPBeak>: >>> (Geoff Barrow) Vinyl LP
Temporary Residence
$24.95

ME & MY DRUMMER The Hawk The Beak The Prey 2012 German 10-track promo CD USD $5.10 Buy It Now 1h 52m
(DL206) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 3h 20m
BEAK> s/t 2x LP NEW VINYL Temporary Residence reissue Invada USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4h
snow / get off your throne / freak beak - (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $6.50 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Couple in a Hole [Original Soundtrack] * by Beak>. USD $13.78 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Clipd Beaks - Preyers Ep (CD Used Very Good) USD $7.92 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Beak / Kaeb - Beak / Kaeb 12 INCH VINYL SINGLE Free Shipping! USD $24.31 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Vinyl 33t Carl Orff/Gunild Keetman - Flute a Beak & Percussion , Vgc , USD $16.85 Buy It Now 10h 55m
EVAN PARKER/GREG GOODMAN Abracadabra LP Beak Doctor 2 US 1978 VG+ WITH INSERT 4G USD $27.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Couple in a Hole Original Soundtrack - Beak CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping! USD $20.51 Buy It Now 16h 13m
Couple in a Hole Original Soundtrack - Beak LP Free Shipping! USD $27.95 Buy It Now 16h 13m
Beak> >>> Vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $36.48 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich - Best Of Dave Dee Dozy Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $6.33 Buy It Now 1 day
TONI BRAXTON Un Beak My Heart RARE SPANISH version LIMITED USA CD single unbreak USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
(CJ15) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!!! - 2010 DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 2 days
Giggle And Hoot - Beak Bopping Tunes CD - ABC Music - Play School - 2010 N/Mint USD $4.78 Buy It Now 2 days
EXCITEBIKE - Beak Scoop Bulge Stretch Slice Add Subtract (EP CD) AKA ExBike USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CLIPD BEAKS - TO REALIZE NEW VINYL RECORD USD $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak> DD/MM/YY EP * by DD/MM/YYYY/Beak> (Vinyl, Oct-2012, Invada) USD $27.91 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak - >>> [New CD] USD $16.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak (2LPs) USD $28.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [New CD] Australia - Import USD $3.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Giggle & Hoot - Beak Boppin Tunes [New CD] Australia - Import USD $11.31 Buy It Now 2 days
BEAK> Brean Down 2018 UK 1-trk promo test CD BEAK USD $5.10 Buy It Now 3 days
Clipd Beaks - Preyers (2010) USD $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
(GF191) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 3 days
HELIX - B Sides EX COND CD 1999 Beak Records Version/Brian Vollmer - RARE OOP USD $15.34 [0 bids]
BEAK - Couple In A Hole (Soundtrack) - Vinyl (LP) - ELP50 USD $16.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak>-Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.03 Buy It Now 3 days
Lucy Campo 45 How Come Im Crying Now bw Beak Up on RCA teen pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
GIGGLE & HOOT-BEAK BOPPIN TUNES (AUS) CD NEW USD $10.16 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak> - >> 2LP NEW USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Vultor Vulture's Beak CD USD $15.55 Buy It Now 4 days
(DD516) Crushed Beaks, Grim - 2012 DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 4 days
(AE860) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 4 days
snow / get off your throne / freak beak - (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $7.52 Buy It Now 4 days
BEAK>->>> CD NEW USD $15.08 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak - Beak> [New CD] USD $12.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak - Sex Music VINYL 7" USD $13.04 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak>-Couple In A Hole Original Soundtrack (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.32 Buy It Now 4 days
BEAK - Recordings 05/01/09 > 17/01/09 - Vinyl (gatefold 2xLP) USD $31.77 Buy It Now 4 days
BEAK> - >>> * NEW CD USD $16.84 Buy It Now 4 days
BEAK>->>> CD NEW USD $17.01 Buy It Now 4 days
(HX920) Alvin Jett & The Phat Noiz Blues Band, Wet My Beak - 2004 Sealed CD USD $13.41 Buy It Now 5 days
Clipd Beaks - To Realize [New Vinyl LP] USD $22.96 Buy It Now 5 days
Clipd Beaks - To Realize [New Vinyl LP] USD $21.41 Buy It Now 5 days
BEAK - Couple in a Hole [CD] USD $14.45 Buy It Now 5 days
(ER451) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - 2013 DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 6 days
Beak (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.29 Buy It Now 6 days
BEAK> - SEX MUSIC (7'' SINGLE) VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $22.07 Buy It Now 6 days
(CU261) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 6 days
(AL778) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 6 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER [DIGIPAK] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $13.34 Buy It Now 6 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $16.60 Buy It Now 6 days
CRUSHED BEAKS - SCATTER * LP VINYL * INC ROUGH TRADE CD * FREE P USD $30.67 Buy It Now 6 days
Clipd Beaks To Realize Vinyl LP Record & MP3! abstract electronic art rock! NEW! USD $15.89 Buy It Now 7 days
s/s/s Sisyphus Beak & Claw 12" Vinyl LP Record Sufjan Stevens Son Lux Serengeti! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
(DK251) Crushed Beaks, Breakdown - DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 7 days
BEAK> Couple In A Hole (Original Soundtrack) LP NEW COLORED VINYL Invada Geoff B USD $41.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Van Bellen ?- The Mixed Senses NEW 12" 2001 Beak Recording? - Progressive house USD $8.94 Buy It Now 7 days
Beak - Glasgow nov.2018 live music show memorabilia concert tour gig poster USD $8.94 Buy It Now 7 days
Unknown Artist : Speak Beak CD USD $3.59 Buy It Now 7 days
BEAK - >>> - Vinyl (LP + insert) USD $28.06 Buy It Now 7 days
Beak - >>> [New Vinyl] USD $23.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Beak : Eyrie CD USD $3.59 Buy It Now 8 days
(HE299) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 8 days
FUNCTIONAL BEAKS - Release 20 - UK 2-track 12" Vinyl Single - DJ Promo USD $19.16 Buy It Now 8 days
Me and My Drummer Hawk, the Beak, the Prey (2012) CD EX/EX TRI FOLD DIGIPAK USD $8.30 Buy It Now 8 days
EVAN PARKER At The Finger Palace BEAK DOCTOR 3 SEALED 1978 LP USD $124.99 Buy It Now 8 days
(GP138) Crushed Beaks, Feelers - DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 9 days
(DZ14) Me And My Drummer, The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 2012 DJ CD USD $6.38 Buy It Now 9 days
(GB518) Crushed Beaks, History - DJ CD USD $3.81 Buy It Now 9 days
Wet My Beak by Alvin Jett (CD, Mar-2005, Alvin Jett & the Phat noiZ Blues Ba) USD $15.99 Buy It Now 9 days
RHYTHM HERITAGE Disco-Fied 12" vinyl Beaks Funk Disco record NEW sealed ABCD-934 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
BEAK - Couple In A Hole (Soundtrack) - Vinyl (LP) USD $23.27 Buy It Now 9 days
LITTLE FEAT - Beak Positive 1976 WEMBLY LP USD $54.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GIGGLE & HOOT-BEAK BOPPIN TUNES (AUS) (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.85 Buy It Now 10 days
Clipd Beaks-To Realize (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.65 Buy It Now 10 days
GIGGLE & HOOT-BEAK BOPPIN TUNES (AUS) (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.02 Buy It Now 10 days
Clipd Beaks-To Realize (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.91 Buy It Now 10 days
Clipd Beaks - To Realize (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.19 Buy It Now 10 days
Clipd Beaks - Hoarse Lords (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.53 Buy It Now 10 days
Clipd Beaks - Hoarse Lords [New CD] USD $11.69 Buy It Now 10 days
Clipd Beaks - Hoarse Lords [New CD] USD $14.13 Buy It Now 11 days
Crushed Beaks - Scatter - Crushed Beaks CD TMVG The Fast Free Shipping USD $7.38 Buy It Now 11 days
(BS162) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 11 days
R&B Funk Beaks - The Devils PEOPLE 637 Hip hug-her / The X-Sorcist / 1974 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
(CG701) Crushed Beaks, Close Ups / Sun Dogs - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.82 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK> >> 2x LP NEW VINYL Temporary Residence reissue Invada USD $29.99 Buy It Now 11 days
CRUSHED BEAKS job lot of 4 promo CDs Scatter Rising Sign Feelers History USD $6.38 Buy It Now 11 days
BEAK>->>> VINYL LP NEW USD $24.82 Buy It Now 11 days
BLUE BEAK BEATS TOCJ-5759 JAPAN CD OBI E165-72 USD $1.59 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Retired Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"