BEAK>

Search BEAK> Beak> tabs

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

BEAK> MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

The Moles 'Future Sounds Of Ashton' CD Bristol Beak Invada Soft Boys Monks US $1.60 [1 bids]
BEAK: Mono / Kenn 45 (UK, PS, small spindle hole) Rock & Pop US $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Queen 12" Mexican rare ps 1984 quiero ser libre I want to beak free remix versio US $29.90 Buy It Now 9h 52m
s/s/s Sisyphus Beak & Claw 12" Vinyl LP Record Sufjan Stevens Son Lux Serengeti! US $14.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Me & My Drummer - Hawk The Beak The Prey [CD New] US $19.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Sian Alice Group 59.59 2xLP vinyl record oneida condo fucks beak US $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Serious Beak - Huxwhukw - CD US $9.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Me & My Drummer - Hawk The Beak The Prey CD US $20.21 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK, MICK & TICH Okay / Master Llewellyn 45 - 1960s WLP US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
by Beak *New CD* US $12.67 Buy It Now 3 days
VAN BELLEN the mixed senses 12" VG+ BEAK003 Vinyl 2001 Record US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
(DZ14) Me And My Drummer, The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 2012 DJ CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 3 days
(AL778) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 3 days
ME & MY DRUMMER The Hawk The Beak The Prey 2012 German 10-track promo CD US $6.44 Buy It Now 3 days
International Jazz Consensus Beak To Beak LP Nabel NBL 8102 Germany US $10.47 Buy It Now 3 days
BEAK**BEAK**CD US $13.78 Buy It Now 4 days
GIGGLE AND HOOT - KIDS CD - BEAK BOPPING TUNES - Childrens Songs ABC Music - New US $14.92 Buy It Now 4 days
Beak CD US $14.46 Buy It Now 4 days
CON HUNLEY Don't It Beak Your Heart 1980 U.S. pressing Vinyl LP. A1! US $10.49 Buy It Now 5 days
(BS162) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $4.44 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - ALL THE HITS PLUS MORE [DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, - NEW CD US $9.32 Buy It Now 5 days
Beak Airplane / Number Nine Insignificant Label 7" 45rpm IN 05 NM+ Vinyl PS US $11.60 Buy It Now 5 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER Hawk, The Beak, The Pray LP 10 Track With Inner Sleeve And Dow US $23.21 Buy It Now 5 days
BEAK RSD 2013 0898 Welcome to the Machine Ltd Edition of 1000 10" Vinyl US $25.00 [0 bids]
Digital Graffiti - Krylon EP - Beak Recordings - W/L - 12" - 2000 US $10.49 Buy It Now 6 days
BEAK 2x LP NEW VINYL Invada Geoff Barrow Portishead Krautrock 2 US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
(DQ815) Mono, Beak - 2012 DJ CD US $3.95 Buy It Now 6 days
SIRIUSMO Dr. Beak's Rantanplant 12" NEW VINYL Monkeytown US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
portishead all mine promo 12" LP VINYL beak massive attack radiohead chromatics US $35.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Beak [Digipak] (CD, Jul-2012, Invada) US $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Beak > - Beak >> - INV107CD US $19.03 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - THE BEST OF DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH - NEW CD US $9.42 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - BOXED [DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & - NEW CD BOXSET US $42.69 Buy It Now 9 days
Beak - Beak Ii [CD New] US $15.59 Buy It Now 9 days
MONITOR "Beak / Pet Wedding" 1979 Meat Puppets PUNK- WORLD IMITATION L-6000 VG+ US $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
BEAK - BEAK II (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $24.26 Buy It Now 10 days
(DN278) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 10 days
ACID BIRDS 2 red beak yellow eye 12" 3 track b/w rings and lenses and rapture ru US $8.45 Buy It Now 10 days
(BK706) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $3.95 Buy It Now 11 days
(DN375) Me & My Drummer, The Hawk The Beak The Prey - 2012 DJ CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 11 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk, the Beak, the Prey (2012) CD DIGIPAK -NEW -FREEPOST US $14.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Dozy,Beaky,Mick &Tich Dave Dee Dave Dee,Dozy,Beak CD US $2.05 Buy It Now 12 days
Beak: Eyrie CD 2012 Someoddpilot Records SOPR099 Digipak NEW US $10.95 Buy It Now 13 days
ALVIN JETT AND THE PHAT NOIZ BLUES BAND - WET MY BEAK CD US $26.31 Buy It Now 13 days
(AW613) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On - DJ CD US $4.44 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak - Beak Ii CD US $19.46 Buy It Now 14 days
NOVO extremix 7" b/w beak version (car315) pic slv uk carrere 1984 US $8.45 Buy It Now 14 days
Singles - Dee Dozy Beak Dave New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.73 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK - DDMMYYYY SPLIT LP (UK) NEW VINYL US $28.92 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK BY BEAK (CD) US $17.25 Buy It Now 15 days
Beak : Beak CD (2009) US $16.10 Buy It Now 15 days
Me And My Drummer The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey CD US $14.87 Buy It Now 15 days
Beak - Ddmmyyyy Split Lp [Vinyl New] US $24.99 Buy It Now 15 days
(EQ275) Filthy Pedro And The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $3.21 Buy It Now 16 days
Greg Goodman A Similar Review Solo Piano VG+/M 1978 Beak Doctor Records RARE X6 US $59.95 Buy It Now 16 days
BEAK-BEAK CD NEW US $11.92 Buy It Now 16 days
Ddmmyyyy Split Lp - Beak New & Sealed 12 INCH VINYL SINGLE Free Shipping US $29.89 Buy It Now 16 days
NEW The Hawk,The Beak,The Prey by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $24.04 Buy It Now 17 days
BEAK NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 17 days
Beak Eyrie CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 17 days
EVAN PARKER At The Finger Palace, Beak Doctor 3 RARE SEALED LP US $299.99 Buy It Now 17 days
BEAK by Beak *New CD* US $8.66 Buy It Now 17 days
Beak [CD New] US $11.60 Buy It Now 18 days
BEAK - - 2xLP US $35.89 Buy It Now 18 days
RATATAT, LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK - LP 4 US $15.00 Buy It Now 19 days
BEAK - BEAK [689230011828] - NEW CD US $8.59 Buy It Now 19 days
The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey Me And My Drummer Audio CD US $21.12 Buy It Now 19 days
Soul 45 - Ovations - Don't beak your promise - Mint- US $12.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Zabadak-The Very Best Of - Dee Dozy Beak Dave New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shi US $13.94 Buy It Now 20 days
PRINCESS HEADBUTT emerald beak CD 3 track 3 disc featuring carving the iron mous US $8.45 Buy It Now 20 days
Van Bellen - The Senses EP - Beak Recordings #54505 US $4.82 Buy It Now 20 days
LITTLE FEAT BEAK POSITIVE LIVE 1975 ROCK LP BOOT RARE, MINT CONDITION US $44.99 Buy It Now 20 days
BEAK Mono/Kenn 7" NEW VINYL Invada Geoff Barrow Portishead kraut rock US $12.99 Buy It Now 21 days
DONOVAN & JEFF BEAK Barabajagal Sealed Rare STEREO EPIC RECORDS PE26481 ISSUE LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 21 days
(CM620) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On - 2010 DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 21 days
(DJ724) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 21 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE... THEN PREPARE FOR - NEW CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 21 days
(BQ617) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $4.44 Buy It Now 21 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER-THE HAWK, THE BEAK, THE PREY CD NEW US $19.86 Buy It Now 21 days
Me And My Drummer - The Hawk The Beak The Prey - SR44CD US $15.61 Buy It Now 21 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - HITS [DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH] [CD] - NEW CD US $9.33 Buy It Now 21 days
LITTLE FEAT BEAK POSITIVE LIVE 1975 ROCK LP BOOT RARE US $100.00 Buy It Now 22 days
FAIRHORNS ~'Doki Doki Run' ~Rare UK PROMO ONLY CD 2012~BEAK~NEW US $19.34 Buy It Now 22 days
Me and My Dummer - The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 10 Track US $6.44 Buy It Now 22 days
The Hawk, the Beak, the Prey by Me and My Drummer *New CD* US $16.88 Buy It Now 23 days
ME & MY DRUMMER - HAWK THE BEAK THE PREY (IMPORT) NEW CD US $22.45 Buy It Now 23 days
BEAK - [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $16.45 Buy It Now 23 days
ME & MY DRUMMER - The Hawk The Beak The Prey - LP US $25.97 Buy It Now 23 days
RATATAT - LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK- ADVANCE-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 24 days
FAIRHORNS Doki Doki Run RSD LP NEW VINYL+CD Invada Beak US $39.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Me And My Drummer - The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey NEW CD US $13.70 Buy It Now 25 days
Greg Goodman-A Similar Review-Rare 1978 Jazz LP-Beak Doctor-Near Mint US $29.99 Buy It Now 25 days
(CJ15) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!!! - 2010 DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 26 days
Split EP * by DD/MM/YYYY/Beak (Vinyl, Oct-2012, Invada) US $22.06 Buy It Now 26 days
BEAK THOUGHT FORMS CONCERT POSTER Glasgow dec.2009 gig tour US $11.28 Buy It Now 26 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEAK> DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#627338) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 06, 2012

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"