BEAK>

Search BEAK> Beak> tabs

- Billy Fuller / bass, voice
- Matt Williams / keyboards, synths, effects
- Geoff Barrow / drums, voice

CD Invada Records (2009 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

BEAK> MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEAK> Beak> Music

Van Bellen - The Mixed Senses - Beak Recordings #92137 US $8.39 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Van Bellen - Shades - Beak Recordings - 2001 #69037 US $8.39 Buy It Now 1h 59m
The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey Me And My Drummer Audio CD US $22.78 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Mono/Kenn Beak 7 Inch Vinyl US $10.17 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Me And My Drummer - The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey NEW CD US $14.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Beak - (CD) BRAND NEW & SEALED [Portishead] US $21.83 Buy It Now 2 days
(CJ15) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!!! - 2010 DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Beak CD US $14.83 Buy It Now 3 days
Beak '0898' 10" Vinyl RSD Unplayed US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Little Feat ?- Beak Positive On Tour In The Mother Country TAKRL 1976 NOT TMOQ US $36.99 [0 bids]
KPOP 15& PARK JI MIN & BEAK YERIN SOMEBODY DIGITAL SINGLE M- CD Promo (SIGNED) US $34.99 [0 bids]
Beak - Beak II (7/10) US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEAK - BEAK [689230011828] - NEW CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
(AE860) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 5 days
Greg Goodman A Similar Review Solo Piano VG+/M 1978 Beak Doctor Records RARE X6 US $49.95 [0 bids]
BEAK: Mono / Kenn 45 (UK, PS, small spindle hole) Rock & Pop US $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEAK - BEAK II (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $25.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Ddmmyyyy Split Lp - Beak (2012, Vinyl New) US $11.54 Buy It Now 7 days
NAM BO WON / BEAK NAM BONG - Oneman Show (KOREA) 2CD *SEALED* US $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
s/s/s Sisyphus Beak & Claw 12" Vinyl LP Record Sufjan Stevens Son Lux Serengeti! US $14.39 Buy It Now 8 days
Sian Alice Group 59.59 2xLP vinyl record oneida condo fucks beak US $15.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Serious Beak - Huxwhukw - CD US $10.07 Buy It Now 8 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk the Beak the Prey (Music CD) US $24.37 Buy It Now 9 days
VAN BELLEN the mixed senses 12" VG+ BEAK003 Vinyl 2001 Record US $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
(DZ14) Me And My Drummer, The Hawk, The Beak, The Prey - 2012 DJ CD US $10.25 Buy It Now 9 days
(AL778) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 9 days
Beak - Beak (Music CD) US $29.79 Buy It Now 9 days
Beak - (Music CD) US $30.79 Buy It Now 9 days
Queen 12" Mexican rare ps 1984 quiero ser libre I want to beak free remix versio US $29.90 Buy It Now 9 days
BEAK**BEAK**CD US $13.78 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak - Beak Ii CD US $18.56 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak CD US $14.20 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak - Mono Kenn 7-Inch Single Vinyl Record US $13.17 Buy It Now 10 days
Beak - Ddmmyyyy Split LP Import-UK Vinyl Record LP US $26.89 Buy It Now 10 days
CON HUNLEY Don't It Beak Your Heart 1980 U.S. pressing Vinyl LP. A1! US $10.93 Buy It Now 11 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk, the Beak, the Prey (2012) CD -DIGIPAK -NEW -FREEPOST US $10.71 Buy It Now 11 days
(BS162) Filthy Pedro & The Carthaginians, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $4.62 Buy It Now 11 days
Beak Airplane / Number Nine Insignificant Label 7" 45rpm IN 05 NM+ Vinyl PS US $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Beak CD New US $11.36 Buy It Now 12 days
BEAK 2x LP NEW VINYL Invada Geoff Barrow Portishead Krautrock 2 US $49.99 Buy It Now 12 days
(DQ815) Mono, Beak - 2012 DJ CD US $4.12 Buy It Now 12 days
SIRIUSMO Dr. Beak's Rantanplant 12" NEW VINYL Monkeytown US $15.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - FRESH EAR - NEW CD US $15.58 Buy It Now 12 days
portishead all mine promo 12" LP VINYL beak massive attack radiohead chromatics US $35.99 Buy It Now 13 days
BEAK + THOUGHT FORMS - Glasgow dec.2009 tour concert/gig poster US $11.75 Buy It Now 13 days
BEAK - MONO / KENN NEW VINYL US $16.22 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak - Beak Ii [CD New] US $17.79 Buy It Now 14 days
Me And My Drummer - The Hawk The Beak The Prey - SR44CD US $16.89 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak [Digipak] (CD, Jul-2012, Invada) US $10.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Beak - Beak - INV100CD US $17.62 Buy It Now 15 days
Beak > - Beak - INV107CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 15 days
Mono/Kenn - Beak (2013, Vinyl New) US $7.01 Buy It Now 15 days
GIGGLE AND HOOT BEAK BOPPIN' TUNES CD NEW US $14.00 Buy It Now 15 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - THE BEST OF DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH - NEW CD US $5.42 Buy It Now 15 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - BOXED [DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & - NEW CD BOXSET US $47.17 Buy It Now 15 days
BEAK JI WOONG - MISS YOU (IMPORT) NEW CD US $29.24 Buy It Now 15 days
MONITOR "Beak / Pet Wedding" 1979 Meat Puppets PUNK- WORLD IMITATION L-6000 VG+ US $39.99 Buy It Now 16 days
(DN278) Beak, Mono - 2012 DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 16 days
VAN BELLEN-Shades~BEAK RECORDINGS HOUSE 12**LISTEN US $9.74 Buy It Now 16 days
ACID BIRDS 2 red beak yellow eye 12" 3 track b/w rings and lenses and rapture ru US $9.88 Buy It Now 16 days
Jerry Donahue~The Beak/The Claw~Unplayed 1988 Guitar Player Soundpage US $3.00 Buy It Now 17 days
(BK706) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On!!! - DJ CD US $4.12 Buy It Now 17 days
(DN375) Me & My Drummer, The Hawk The Beak The Prey - 2012 DJ CD US $10.25 Buy It Now 17 days
Doctor Beak's Rantanplant - Siriusmo (2012, Vinyl New) US $10.33 Buy It Now 17 days
Siriusmo - Doctor Beak's Rantanplant [Vinyl New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 18 days
Me and My Drummer - Hawk, the Beak, the Prey (2012) CD DIGIPAK -NEW -FREEPOST US $15.11 Buy It Now 18 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - ALL THE HITS PLUS MORE [DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, - NEW CD US $7.11 Buy It Now 18 days
BEAK "0898/Welcome to the Machine" WHITE 10" Record Store Day /1000 Portishead US $16.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Beak - Mono/Kenn [Vinyl New] US $9.97 Buy It Now 18 days
BEAK - DDMMYYYY SPLIT LP (UK) NEW VINYL US $30.76 Buy It Now 18 days
Beak - Ddmmyyyy Split Lp [Vinyl New] US $26.88 Buy It Now 19 days
ALVIN JETT AND THE PHAT NOIZ BLUES BAND - WET MY BEAK CD US $22.38 Buy It Now 19 days
EXCITEBIKE - Beak Scoop Bulge Stretch Slice Add Subtract (EP CD) AKA ExBike US $9.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Wet My Beak, , Good US $29.80 Buy It Now 19 days
Helix - B Sides 1999 Beak Records Rare OOP HTF US $28.99 Buy It Now 20 days
(AW613) Filthy Pedro, Get Your Beak On - DJ CD US $4.62 Buy It Now 20 days
NOVO extremix 7" b/w beak version (car315) pic slv uk carrere 1984 US $8.39 Buy It Now 20 days
MONITOR 'BEAK / PET WEDDING' 7" OOP 1979 BOYD RICE RARE world imitation records US $30.00 Buy It Now 21 days
S / S / S Beak & Claw 12" NEW VINYL Anticon Sufjan Stevens Serengeti Son Lux US $16.99 Buy It Now 21 days
MONITOR BEAK / PET WEDDING RARE 1979 PS 45 BOYD RICE EXPERIMENTAL SYNTH PUNK US $42.01 Buy It Now 21 days
LITTLE FEAT BEAK POSITIVE LIVE 1975 ROCK LP BOOT RARE, MINT CONDITION US $79.99 Buy It Now 21 days
BEAK NEW CD US $16.98 Buy It Now 23 days
BEAK by Beak (CD, Nov-2009, Ipecac (Label)) US $8.09 Buy It Now 23 days
BEAK THOUGHT FORMS CONCERT POSTER Glasgow dec.2009 gig tour US $11.75 Buy It Now 23 days
EVAN PARKER At The Finger Palace, Beak Doctor 3 RARE SEALED LP US $299.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Queen - I want to beak free UK 12" US $13.43 Buy It Now 23 days
Skeewiff Wet Your Beak 12" Jalapeno Records 2006 US $16.79 Buy It Now 24 days
ME AND MY DRUMMER hawk, the beak, the pray LP 10 track with inner sleeve and dow US $33.60 Buy It Now 24 days
BEAK welcome to the machine / 0898. WHITE VINYL 10" geoff barrow portishead US $18.47 Buy It Now 24 days
Beak CD US $8.36 Buy It Now 24 days
Beak [CD New] US $10.99 Buy It Now 24 days
RATATAT, LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK - LP 4 US $15.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Van Bellen - The Senses EP - Beak Recordings #54505 US $8.39 Buy It Now 25 days
Soul 45 - Ovations - Don't beak your promise - Mint- US $12.99 Buy It Now 25 days
RSD 2013: BEAK (GEOFF BARROW/PORTISHEAD) - 0898 LTD WHITE VINYL 10" SINGLE MINT US $16.79 Buy It Now 25 days
PRINCESS HEADBUTT emerald beak CD 3 track 3 disc featuring carving the iron mous US $8.39 Buy It Now 26 days
Beak - Beak Ii (CD New) US $11.37 Buy It Now 26 days
BEAK - MONO / KENN 7" RED VINYL (GEOFF BARROW/PORTISHEAD) US $13.43 Buy It Now 26 days
BEAK /DD MM YYYY" SPLIT 12" /PORTISHEAD/INVADA RECORDS/LTD REPRESS US $18.47 Buy It Now 26 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAK - SINGLES [DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH] - NEW CD US $17.02 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy BEAK> music online Buy BEAK> & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEAK> DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEAK> Beak> ratings distribution

BEAK> Beak> reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
1 stars Improvised Muzak

I only rarely write about 1 star albums, and if I do, it's because the experience of the music let me down - I was expecting something beautiful/interesting or just worthwhile and instead felt that I got screwed. This is one of those, and even if I have an enormous amount of respect for these musicians - it still doesn't quite justify the poor quality of this experiment in sound. Experiment in sound? HA! - try experiment in cardboard and tomatoes without salt....

Beak> is a British act comprised of drummer Geoff Barrow off Portishead, bass man Billy Fuller and finally one Matt Williams taking care of the keys and synths. These are all Bristol boys, and this album was recorded on their home turf in a single room during a 12 day session. They had strict rules concerning this album - meaning no overdubs, - everything had to be live and improvised. The only possibility of rearranging the outcome was editing. Now to a guy like me, who is about the biggest Krautrock head around, this cocktail sounded too good to be true, and having a guy like Geoff Barrow from one of my favourite 90s bands behind the drum-kit - pushed my expectations even further.

Maybe that was my downfall. I was expecting far too much of this record to begin with, because when I first started listening to this album some 3 years ago - I was disappointed beyond words. Strike that, I was almost angry that it didn't sound the way I was expecting it to. My bad - I know. So after lying dormant in some sort of embryonic state, this album has gotten a spin every half year or so, just to give it a fair chance. Yesterday was one of these chances, and it blew it again...

This is everything a Krautrock album shouldn't be: lifeless, without groove, cold and on every listen it simply fails to grab me in any way. My take on this is, that when people make rules about not having any rules, things quickly get confusing - and not in a good way. These guys were perhaps too focused on making a good Krautrock album, that the very confines they set up around it, were part of annihilating the essence of the thing to begin with. Krautrock is about feel and flow, and this thing has neither. It's like taking a stroll down the street. If you start wondering about your footsteps - questioning how you're actually doing what you're doing - things get complicated and caricature like. Just like this music. I'm sorry, if I'm sounding harsh here, but this is truly how I feel about this album.

Yes it's built up around motorik laden beats with chugging bass lines, trying to hit that certain NEU! atmosphere. It also utilises these freely flowing synth sculptures that not unlike Faust and Can try to lift the individual pieces up above the groove - creating that somewhat unique Krautrock dimension, where every part of the music is separated yet still connected in this incomprehensible feel. It tries all these things, but it fails miserably. The drums sound like they are sleeping half the time. I kind of get that they're trying to do what Jaki Liebezeit were doing with his rather unique way of playing monotonous, but this just sounds monotonous. That's the thing! Jaki never sounded dull or droning - he mixed in tiny breaks and invisible beats, which is what made him the amazing drummer he is. Here the result of the drums is just flat and uninspiring. The bass just sort of follows this way of thinking, and this is what really bugs me. There's no fire or real power behind it! Cardboard music! The only track on here that sort of gets it - sort of takes off, yet I'm reaching here for some redeemable qualities - is Battery Point, where things almost work like they were supposed to. Still it is a long way from being great, and that is a damn shame.

I get cranky every time I put this on, because it should have been something completely different from what it turned out to be: which is empty robot Krautrock, that leaves me cold and untouched on every level imaginable.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#627338) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 06, 2012

Post a review of BEAK> "Beak>"