I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Emerson Lake & Palmer I Believe In Father Christmas album cover

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1995

1. I Believe in Father Christmas (3:32)
2. Troika (From Prokofiev's lieutenant Kije Suite) (4:19)
3. Humbug (2:26)
4. I Believe in Father Christmas (3:18)
5. Nutrocker (3:49)

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER I Believe In Father Christmas lyrics

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER I Believe In Father Christmas tabs

- Carl Palmer / drums, percussion
- Keith Emerson / multi instruments, organ, piano
- Greg Lake / guitar

Rhino Records RHI72242.2

and to frenchie for the last updates

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER I Believe In Father Christmas Music

I Believe in Father ChristmasI Believe in Father Christmas
EP
Rhino / Wea 1995

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER I Believe In Father Christmas ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER I Believe In Father Christmas reviews

Review by Atavachron
2 stars This is a very nice little sampler of seasonal tunes from the band. 'I Believe in Father Christmas' and Prokofiev's 'Lt. Kije Suite' are both rousing holiday numbers done in a synth-rock style that evoke snowy days and sleighbells. The rest of the EP contains 'Humbug' and closes with 'Nutrocker' from their classic album 'Pictures at an Exhibition'. If you really want an ELP holiday album, I would highly recommend Keith Emerson's 'The Christmas Album' (re-released several times) but this will do in a pinch and makes a good stocking stuffer.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#93952) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars This barely seems to be an ELP album, as the first track is Greg Lake's original solo version of I Believe In Father Christmas, the second sounds like a Keith Emerson solo take on Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kije Suite (Lake and Palmer do not seem to be on this), and Humbug is from a Greg Lake solo project as well. The remaining two tracks are from Works, Vol. 2 and Pictures At An Exhibition as well.

Troika is the only major reason for a prog enthusiast to want this album, as all of the other tracks are available elsewhere. This is a nice Emersonian take on the classical theme that pops up in the title track of this EP.

Humbug is a short jazzy piece around repeated harmonized "humbug"s. It's cute, but ultimately forgettable.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#241857) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 28, 2009

2 stars ELP's I Believe In Father Christmas, the only EP released over their whole career, is truly an album that is only for the fans. The two versions of the great title track are extremely similar, and I really didn't notice much difference between the two, so there doesn't seem to be a reason to incl ... (read more)

Report this review (#159601) | Posted by ClassicRocker | Wednesday, January 23, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "I Believe In Father Christmas"