UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY

Harvest Underground Community album cover

Buy HARVEST Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Autumn Leaves (3:44)
2. Beyond the Desert (3:38)
3. No Return (5:37)
4. The Story of Tim Ballas (4:50)
5. Mara (4:51)
6. Underground Community (1:37)
7. Change Life (4:22)
8. Post Disaster (4:23)
9. The Horizon (5:20)
10. Waiting to Happen (6:17)
11. She Tries (4:41)
12. Night Comes Down (2:51)
13. Interrupted Broadcast (3:46)

Search HARVEST Underground Community lyrics

Search HARVEST Underground Community tabs

- Monique van der Kolk / vocals
- Jordi Amela / keyboards
- Jordi Prats / guitars
- Roger Vilageliu / bass
- Alex Ojea / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Underground Community Music

Mighty RiverMighty River
Benson
Rough Harvest by John Mellencamp (CD, Aug-1999, Mercury) US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 43s
1973 PINK FLOYD White Vinyl Dark Side Of The Moon Holland 12" Harvest Record US $69.99 [1 bids]
39m 41s
DOLLY PARTON LP NEW HARVEST..FIRST GATHERING PLAY GRADED EX+ NM LISTEN TO AUDIO US $8.00 Buy It Now 44m 19s
PINK FLOYD RELICS A BIZZARE COLLECTION OF ANTIQUES & CURIOS HARVEST SW 759 LP EX US $34.99 [0 bids]
45m 55s
MANIMALS-"Blood Is The Harvest": a SEALED Misfits/Kiss/punk/heavy metal hybrid US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Golden Earrings - Winter Harvest (NEW CD) US $14.86 Buy It Now 1h 11m
FOUR ACES Love Is A Many Splendored bw Harvest Moon 45 rpm vinyl record Decca US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
BIG COUNTRY 1983 The Crossing 12" Vinyl 33 LP Alternative Rock HARVEST HOME VG+ US $12.99 [0 bids]
The Ice Harvest-2005- Original Movie Soundtrack-24 Track-CD US $43.94 Buy It Now 1h 39m
NEIL YOUNG - HARVEST MOON NEW CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Harvest by Neil Young (CD, Dec-1992, Reprise) US $3.99 [0 bids]
2h
Noro Morales & His Orch.-at The Harvest Moon Ball-lp -SR 25045- ~SEALED~ US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Harvest by Neil Young (CD, Dec-1992, Reprise) US $5.50 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Harvest Moon by Neil Young (CD, Oct-1992, Reprise) US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 7m
BILL DANA "SHINE ON HARVEST MOON / JINGLE BELLS" 45w/PS US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Harvest Collection: Mighty Clouds of Joy - Clouds of Joy Mighty New US $10.47 Buy It Now 2h 18m
NEIL YOUNG. HARVEST. 1972. TEPRISE. MS 2032. US $9.99 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - LIVE AT THE TOWN & COUNTRY CLUB NEW DVD US $21.77 Buy It Now 2h 39m
RARE Kate Bush 12" LP Never For Ever NEAR MINT Harvest STAO 6476 IMPORT US $39.50 Buy It Now 2h 39m
ASH BAND/CHOOK/KING HARVEST/SPARKLE/FAT DADDY/TWISTER LP 70s AUSSIE HARD ROCK US $35.18 Buy It Now 3h 2m
ELONKORJUU - HARVEST TIME NEW CD US $23.21 Buy It Now 3h 4m
RONNIE LANE & SLIM CHANCE - OOH LA LA: AN ISLAND HARVEST (IMPORT) NEW CD US $34.74 Buy It Now 3h 18m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST XII JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW 16 TRACKS OOP RARE UICY-93048 US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Everyone Is Everybody Else JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW UICY-93044 US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Neil Young - Harvest (1992) {CD Album} 0714-CB-110 US $7.22 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Barclay James Harvest - Compact Story (1987) {CD Album} 0814-CB-60 US $8.83 Buy It Now 4h 10m
WIZZARD ( JEFF LYNNE, ROY WOOD ) BALL PARK INCIDENT ( DUTCH HARVEST 7"PS) US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
The pied Pipers: Capitol 10158 - Shine on harvest moon / Alice Blue Gown 78 RPM US $6.97 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Syd Barrett BARRETT 2nd Album 180g HARVEST RECORDS David Gilmour NEW VINYL LP US $22.50 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE The Book Of Taliesyn Harvest gatefold lp U.K. prog hard rock 1968 US $18.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE IN ROCK SHVL777 EMI HARVEST LP US $16.07 [0 bids]
Soft Machine rare '75 UK original LP Bundles Harvest shsp4044 PROG 1U/1U w/inner US $59.00 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Syd Barrett OPEL 180g GATEFOLD Unreleased & Alternate Takes HARVEST New Vinyl LP US $22.50 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Untitled 3rd lp 1969 Germany Harvest gatefold U.K. prog hard rock US $19.99 [0 bids]
LP - GERMANY PRESS- THE MOVE (MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY)-1971- HARVEST 062 04 785 US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 43m
LP - HOLLAND PRESS - THE SHIRTS (STREET LIGHT SHINE) - 1979 - HARVEST 062 07111 US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 48m
LP - UK PRESS - ROY WOOD (BOULDERS) - 1973 - HARVEST HERITAGE SHSM 2021 US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 50m
LP - UK PRESS - STRAPPS (SECRET DAMAGE) - 1977 - HARVEST SHSP 4064 + INNER US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
LP - UK PRESS - BE BOP DELUXE (MODERN MUSIC) - 1976 - HARVEST SHSP 4058 + INNER US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
LISTEN - POPCORN - ISLEY BROTHERS -SHINE ON HARVEST MOON - STANDING ON THE DANCE US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
LP - UK PRESS - BE BOP DELUXE (SUNBURST FINISH) - 1976 - HARVEST 4053 + INNER US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
LP - GERMANY PRESS - HERMAN RAREBELL (NIP IN THE BUD) - 1981 - HARVEST 064 46355 US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
LP - UK PRESS - BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST (EVERYONE IS EVERYBODY ELSE) 1974- POLYDOR US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 55m
FOCUS - "Con Proby" LP ORIG 1978 1st US HARVEST - IN SHRINK US $19.88 Buy It Now 6h 15m
DEEP PURPLE - S/T Orig ISRAELI LP silver/black Harvest label US $27.00 Buy It Now 6h 17m
NM 12"~MIKE ZOOT~TEK~Urban Harvest~[Dirty~Clean~Instru]~Midnite Run~[x3 Mixes]~ US $3.90 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Neil Young - Harvest Moon (1992) US $8.00 [0 bids]
Electric Light Orchestra - Harvest Years 1970-73 CD US $29.44 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Pink Floyd A Nice Pair 2 lp '73 harvest sabb11257 uncensored nude piper saucerfu US $69.00 Buy It Now 7h
GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH Horizons 70 Lp AUSTRALIA Press Harvest UK Prog FUZZY DUCK US $199.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Barclay James Harvest / Live DVD Region 1, NTSC US $13.94 Buy It Now 7h 8m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest Moon 1992 Reprise MINT US $2.24 [2 bids]
SYD BARRETT barrett LP VG+ SHSP 4007 Harvest UK 1970 Stereo A2/B2 Black Label US $150.00 Buy It Now 7h 30m
THE ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - HARVEST 1971 VINYL G/F US $10.45 [3 bids]
PINK FLOYD atom heart mother LP UK HARVEST FIRST PRESS NO EMI BOX US $36.17 [11 bids]
ROGER WATERS Music From THE BODY LP Harvest UK SHSP 4008 A3/B3 EX+ US $40.19 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Barclay James Harvest Gone To Earth LP US $1.59 [0 bids]
CHRIS ROBINSON BROTHERHOOD Phosphorescent Harvest CD 2014 NEW Black Crowes US $17.61 Buy It Now 8h 30m
DEEP PURPLE.BLACK NIGHT.HARVEST.7" VINYL SINGLE.45RPM US $2.01 [0 bids]
KEKJIANG / GUMMA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA - MERMAID / HARVEST SCENES NEW CD US $22.49 Buy It Now 8h 57m
BROWN BOYZ - HARVEST TIME NEW CD US $18.16 Buy It Now 8h 58m
The Harvest Years 1970 - 1973 0094636007823, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P US $29.12 Buy It Now 9h
KATE BUSH Lionheart 33 RPM/CANADA Pressing ~HARVEST STAO 6456/GATEFOLD/NM US $18.98 Buy It Now 9h 10m
@ CD Adversary - The Winter's Harvest RARE METAL CURSED RECORDS 1996 US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 22m
BECK a western harvest field by moonlight LP Mint- 1st Press w/finger painting US $150.00 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Barclay James Harvest - Mockingbird (Polydor) [CD New] US $8.97 Buy It Now 9h 34m
JOHN MELLENCAMP - ROUGH HARVEST [BONUS TRACK] [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $2.44 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Be Bop Deluxe - Drastic Plastic - CD (EMI Harvest CDP7947332 + Bonus Tracks) US $17.59 Buy It Now 9h 50m
NAGLFAR - HARVEST * - NEW CD US $11.93 Buy It Now 9h 59m
Pink Floyd Obscured By Clouds Aust Harvest Cover VGC Album LP Record US $37.39 Buy It Now 10h 4m
HOLIDAY FLYER - BLUE HARVEST NEW CD US $13.49 Buy It Now 10h 6m
SON OF MORRIS ON FAIRPORT CONVENTION RARE UK 1st PRESS HARVEST ORIGINAL 1976 US $32.15 Buy It Now 10h 7m
Various(Vinyl LP)Spring Harvest 88-Spirit Of Praise-SOPR 2026-UK-NM/NM US $32.15 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Dolly Parton 2 LPS New harvest ...First gatherine & Dolly NM LPS F US $4.99 [0 bids]
TRIPLE J-HOME AND HOSED THE FIRST HARVEST-2 CD SET-2003-LITTLE BIRDY-PANICS US $11.43 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Various - The Rare Stuff - Harvest SHSM 2028 - LP Vinyl Record US $36.17 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Cattle Decapitation - Harvest Floor CD US $14.83 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Michele Rosewoman - Harvest CD US $15.02 Buy It Now 10h 20m
Neil Young - Harvest Moon CD US $14.69 Buy It Now 10h 21m
Mountain View Classics - Harvest Celebration CD US $16.82 Buy It Now 10h 23m
Bad Cop - Harvest The Beast CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 10h 23m
Altan - Harvest Storm CD US $18.84 Buy It Now 10h 23m
Skineater - Dermal Harvest CD PULVERISED US $21.59 Buy It Now 10h 25m
Neil Young - Harvest CD WEA/REPRISE US $14.69 Buy It Now 10h 25m
Eloy - Ocean - 1977 on Harvest / Electrola Records Germany - 064-32 596 -VG+ US $13.99 [1 bids]
Barclay James Harvest - Nexus CD US $15.53 Buy It Now 10h 44m
Barclay James Harvest - After The Day-The Radio Broadcasts 1974-1976 CD US $22.16 Buy It Now 10h 47m
John Mellencamp - Rough Harvest CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 10h 48m
2 Yoon - Harvest Moon CD US $28.04 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Harvest Breed - Everything Changes CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 10h 52m
PINK FLOYD OBSCURED BY CLOUDS harvest 72 A2B2 GRAMOPHONE LP EX US $36.97 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Holiday Flyer - Blue Harvest CD US $12.64 Buy It Now 11h
Barclay James Harvest - Mockingbird (Polydor) CD US $13.85 Buy It Now 11h 3m
Matt Flinner Trio - Winter Harvest CD US $18.75 Buy It Now 11h 3m
Gillian Welch - Harrow & The Harvest CD US $16.72 Buy It Now 11h 5m
Triumvirat - Spartacus - 1975 Harvest Records W. Germany 062-29 567 - EX- US $11.99 [0 bids]
Ark Of The Covenant - Self Harvest CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 11h 6m
Triumvirat - A La Carte - 1978 Harvest Records W. Germany 064-45 184 - VG+ US $11.99 [0 bids]
Rev. Jame Cleveland - Harvest Collection: Reverend James Cleveland CD US $11.16 Buy It Now 11h 6m
LITTLE RIVER BAND - SLEEPER CATCHER, 1978 Harvest / SW-11783, LP RECORD US $5.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Underground Community ratings distribution

HARVEST Underground Community reviews

Review by lazland
4 stars Released in 2009, this is a nice album available as a free download on the band's website, although I for one will be sending off for a copy of the CD. Classified as neo-prog on the site, it probably, in my opinion, sits better in crossover prog, but wherever we argue about where it should be placed, this is an accomplished and very good debut work.

As a piece of trivia, this band have supported Marillion on Spanish dates, and it is this wonderful band to whom Harvest clearly owe much in loyalty and influences, certainly in their very knowing way of writing and performing catchy and instantly accessible pieces of music. The second track, Beyond The Desert, is one of the best pieces of pop/prog I have heard in quite a long time, and on this, as, indeed, everywhere, lead vocalist Monique Van Der Kolk absolutely shines. Hers is a beautiful voice which adds so much atmosphere and flavour.

There is one cover, and that is of the marvellous Marillion track Waiting To Happen, from Holidays In Eden. This track was a highlight of a relatively ordinary Marillion album for me, and to hear it reinterpreted in a far less "in your face" way by this band is an enjoyable experience. In addition, there is a piano sequence on She Tries lifted straight from that all time classic, Brave, and is no less enjoyable for showing its influence.

All of the band perform extremely well. The guitar solo on No Return by Jordi Prats is particularly evocative, lifting a track that sits deep in melancholy.

There is a foray into prog folk territory, with clear knowing nods to post indie sensibilities, on The Story Of Tim Ballas. Indeed, as I mentioned at the top, it really is very hard to classify this album, aside from stating that it is a collection of extremely well written, well performed, emotional, and enjoyable songs. Perhaps my only criticism is that the forays into harder material, such as Mara, are not as effective as much else here. Harvest are, I think, a band who should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at.

Definitely one for those who, like me, are a sucker for killer female vocals, this will also strongly appeal to those who don't have to have epics on their prog albums, and also to Marillion fans curious to explore a little more the bands associated with them.

As for a rating, 3.5, but rounded up to four simply by virtue of the exceptional maturity displayed on a debut work. This is a band that is definitely one to watch in the future.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#449151) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars It happened that I downloaded this album after finding the link in the "Official Review Our Music" forum. It happened that I put it on my Mp3 reader and it happened that I totally forgot it. Then it happened that after "Harmonium", my reader started playing "Harvest" and I started wondering who they were, trying to identify them without looking on the display, also because that display is very badly lighted, very small and I had no glasses....

My first impression of the album, listened just once when I downloaded it was of good neo- prog but what remained in my mind after that listen was just a Marillion cover, and that cover was what helped me to remember the band, but it means that I have listened to the 9 previious songs with enough concentration and I have discovered an excellent band with very good songs well played and with an excellent singer.

In the end the Marillion cover (Waiting to Happen) is just a cover and the voice of Monique van der Kolk sounds too sweet respect to the powerful high pitches of Steve Hogarth, but that voice sounds excellent in the rest of the album.

Monique's voice is remarkable. It's probably the word "Autumn" in the opener that seems inspired to Prevert's poetry, but she makes me think to Heather Findlay but also to Megan Wheatley of Dan Britton's project "All Over Everywhere". Voice apart, the song is good. I have left the neo-prog subgenre since some years but I can still recognize the good neo-prog when I hear it. This is very good.

"Beyond The Desert" is colored of Magenta while the "cold electronics" of "No Return" make me think to an artist that I suggested and was rejected from PA a couple of years ago, Kate Havnevik.

"The Story Of Tim Ballas" is opened by a 12 strings guitar very similar to Bowie's Space Oddity. It's just for few seconds then they are back to their genre with a song still in Marillion's chords even if I hear a connection to Mostly Autumn also on this song.

"Mara" is different. It's a song on which one can guess that this band is Spanish (or better, Catalan). There's also more rock respect to the previous tracks. Surely is one of the less commercial.

After a short instrumental, that's the title track, that would have deserved to be exploited better, a piano introduces a mellow song that's too mellow for my tastes. Nice as background during a travel by car but nothing more.

"Post Disaster" opens with keyboard and drum machine for about one minute of progressive electronic, then when Monique starts singing she trasnforms it into an excellent song made of many different elements. Maybe Magenta is the best reference for this song

"The Horizon" sounds as a Marillion song of the Hogarth era but the chorus gives me an idea of Mostly Autumn again. It's one of the best album's songs. However it introduces quite well the cover mentioned before. "Waiting to Happen" is an excellent song and I have to admint that I prefer the original version even if this is everything but bad.

"She Tries" is another good song. We have bass and keyboards reminding to Marillion while guitar and vocals are closer to Mostly Autumn.

A short acoustic song follows: "Night Comes Down" must be mentioned mainly because of it's position in the album: I think it comes exactly in the best moment. A few of chill-out before the closure that's darker. "Interrupted Broadcast" is the heaviest track. After a piano that is able to give an idea of what will follow we have drums and distorted guitar, then piano and vocals again. Here I think to Porcupine Tree.

This is a very promising debut album. They still sound too much like their bigger influencer but have good original ideas, too. Some songs may appear too commercial but again, when the music is good being commercial or not does mean nothing to me. The impression is that the band hasn't still found its original sound, but when they will they'll have the potentiality to become big. Also this album is already better than some Marillion albums.

3.5 stars that I want to round up to 4. They have been a pleasant surprise in my mp3 playlist and I hope they will be a more pleasant surprise with their following releases.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#451242) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 23, 2011

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Barcelona is well known for producing some great Catalan Prog in the 70's, but it was time to give a shot to a ferw more modern-sounding groups during the millenium.So this is Harvest, formed in 2008 under female singer Monique van der Kolk, keyboardist Jordi Amela and guitarist Jordi Prats.After a 6-track demo drummer Alex Ojea and bassist Roger Vilageliu joined the project and in 2009 Harvest begun performing live (even supporting Marillion) as well as writing material for their debut.It was eventually a self-produced work on their own Red Phone Records under the title ''Underground Community'' with the cover artwork made by Antonio Seijas.

Armoured with a fantastic vocalist and an array of emotional melodies Harvest offered no less than 13 laid-back short tracks full of dreamy soundscapes, ethereal atmospheres and harmonic passages, strongly influenced by Hogarth-era MARILLION as well as the straighter tunes of female-fronted bands like MAGENTA, PAATOS, IONA or MOSTLY AUTUMN.Words can't describe Monique van der Kolk's sensitive, romantic and super-emotional chords and she is definitely the biggest weapon in Harvest'a array with her ethereal vibe and crystalline choirs.The music on the other hand is far from adventurous, this contains simple arrangements full of melodic/psychedelic guitars and very light background synthesizers (and occasionally organs), as it was seemingly written around Van Der Kolk's style of singing.The result is a mixture of light-weight Neo Prog with strong Post Rock passages and a few touches of Electronica, thus resembling the approach of PAATOS.The melodies are quite strong and the tracks rather memorable, always highlghted by one of the best female singers around, however the album faces a real problem in the abscence of any kind of diversity, as all tracks sound extremely similar, yet ''Underground Community'' hardly becomes boring along the way.There is also a nice cover version of MARILLION's ''Waiting to Happen'' from the ''Holidays in Eden'' album included.

Soft female-fronted Neo Prog/Post rock of decent inspiration, featuring a fantastic singer and above average atmospheres.Still I insist this band should make their sound more flexible in the future.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#812615) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 stars I am the first one to admit that female fronted fusion of AOR and Neo-Prog is not my cup of tea. Harvest is a Spanish band they have offered a free download of this album on their homepage in addition to selling normal CDs. See my interview with the band. Their music is very much a type of c ... (read more)

Report this review (#398336) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, February 11, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Harvest's "Underground Community" is a very nice album. It consists of 13 tunes, none longer than 6:18 - no long epics or suites. The female vocalist in places reminds me of the singer for The Cranberries (edit: or 10,000 Maniacs). This is very "accessible" music, unlikely to elicit any funny l ... (read more)

Report this review (#264313) | Posted by powerclam | Thursday, February 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Underground Community"