UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY

Harvest Underground Community album cover

Buy HARVEST Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Autumn Leaves (3:44)
2. Beyond the Desert (3:38)
3. No Return (5:37)
4. The Story of Tim Ballas (4:50)
5. Mara (4:51)
6. Underground Community (1:37)
7. Change Life (4:22)
8. Post Disaster (4:23)
9. The Horizon (5:20)
10. Waiting to Happen (6:17)
11. She Tries (4:41)
12. Night Comes Down (2:51)
13. Interrupted Broadcast (3:46)

Search HARVEST Underground Community lyrics

Search HARVEST Underground Community tabs

- Monique van der Kolk / vocals
- Jordi Amela / keyboards
- Jordi Prats / guitars
- Roger Vilageliu / bass
- Alex Ojea / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Underground Community Music

41 Will Come41 Will Come
Benson Music Group, Inc.
Barclay James Harvest - Once Again (2011) 40th Anniversary CD+DVD NEW/SEALED US $17.41 Buy It Now 33m 40s
Forthcoming by Holy Smoke (CD, Jul-2003, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
35m 2s
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1972 NEIL YOUNG Harvest MS 2032 Rock Gatefold Scratches US $150.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
BE-BOP DELUXE usa DJ 7" 45 MAID IN HEAVEN, Harvest 4151, bill nelson promo US $7.20 Buy It Now 1h 9m
SHIRTS street light shine - harvest france - US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
ROY WOOD Dear Elaine/Songs of Praise1972 UK Harvest 7" Vinyl 45 Jukebox Ex Con US $2.44 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Good - Red Clay Harvest US $3.39 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Red Clay Harvest - Very Good US $3.40 Buy It Now 1h 47m
IRON MAIDEN The Number of the Beast Record 1982 RARE Harvest 7" 45prm US $27.71 Buy It Now 1h 52m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST GONE TO EARTH LP US $13.43 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Harvest- All That Is In Me- rare new cassette single US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Theodore Bikel Harvest Of Israeli Folk Songs - Red Elektra LP - Panoramic Stereo US $11.24 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Static * by Labels (The) (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 36m
NEIL YOUNG HARVEST MOON CD LIKE NEW US $2.69 [0 bids]
1972 NEIL YOUNG Harvest 8 track tape US $0.72 [0 bids]
Neil Young - Harvest Moon NEW CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 2h 53m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest CD Classic 1972 Album Heart Of Gold, Old Man US $3.99 [0 bids]
PALLAS Shock Treatment 3 Track 12" Harvest 12 PLS 2 Progressive US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 2m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: EARLY MORNING ONWARDS - 1973 STARLINE COMPILATION/EX+ US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 3m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST time honoured ghosts 2383 361 uk polydor LP PS EX/EX US $15.11 Buy It Now 3h 5m
David Gilmour LP - Harvest # SHVL 817. US $13.45 [0 bids]
Slip Double: Barclay James Harvest : North Deluxe Edition John Lees' 2CDs Sealed US $25.20 [0 bids]
Neil Young : Harvest CD (1984) US $4.24 Buy It Now 3h 23m
DEEP PURPLE, BLACK NIGHT / SPEED KING. ORIGINAL 1970 HARVEST SINGLE US $1.66 [1 bids]
Gospel Savoy LP THE BANKS BROTHERS WITH THE GREATER HARVEST BAPTIST CHURCH BACK US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST loving is easy 7" blue vinyl record jukebox ready US $5.53 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Harvest Hits the Road Green label LP Sampler Electrola 1C 048-31 048 Cobraa US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Kate Bush - Lionheart - Vinyl LP - *Gatefold* - Canada - 1978 Harvest STAO-6456 US $9.75 [0 bids]
Life Turns 180 Degrees by Cool House Productions (CD, Sep-2003, Harvest Media... US $0.49 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD - Ummagumma 1969 Holland Harvest 2-LP Records In Gatefold Cover US $32.00 [0 bids]
Don't Cry Till You Get to the Car by Mulberry Lane (CD, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD Ummagumma/EMI Harvest LP's Import France Pathe Original US $54.95 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Little River Band Harvest 45 Record #4605 NM 1978 So Many Paths / Reminiscing US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 16m
BE BOP DELUXE Sunburst Finish '76 Harvest nude cover w lyric sleeve in shrink M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 20m
BE BOP DELUXE Modern Music '76 Harvest w lyric sleeve in shrink M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Brewed With Bad Behavior by Lonesome Bones (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media... US $0.49 [0 bids]
Naglfar: Harvest CD DVD 2007 Bonus Live Videos Century Media Records 8277-2 NEW US $11.95 Buy It Now 4h 20m
First Thing Smokin' by Scotty Spenner (CD, Sep-2003, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Harvest Trustkill Records 1998 Vintage Sicker Hardcore US $5.00 [0 bids]
Leaving Home by Groove Foundation (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
7"-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - Loving Is Easy (1978) GERMANY PS / BJH US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Deep Purple "The Book of Taliesyn" LP - UK - Harvest 1968 SHVL 751A US $19.95 [0 bids]
In Spite of It All by Small Talk (CD, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
New Beginning by Dale A. Giar (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
8:1 by 8:1 (CD, Sep-2003, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Simply Evolution by Tragic Komic (CD, Jul-2003, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Train Man Drunk * by The Black Water (CD, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Naglfar - Harvest (2007) - NEW US $5.63 Buy It Now 4h 46m
ROY WOOD - GOIN' DOWN THE ROAD - 7" VINYL 1974 HARVEST US $5.03 Buy It Now 4h 48m
EWAN MACCOLL & PEGGY SEEGER: The Long Harvest Record 2 (folk LP) US $35.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
DEEP PURPLE - HALLELUJAH - 7" VINYL 1969 HARVEST RARE US $58.81 Buy It Now 4h 48m
BE BOP DELUXE, SHIPS IN THE NIGHT-UK Harvest 7" 1976-EX US $4.19 Buy It Now 4h 49m
HARVEST MOON - TALES OF WONDER - 7" VINYL 1981 CHARISMA RARE US $45.37 Buy It Now 4h 50m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - Eyes Of The Universe ~ VINYL LP US $19.65 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Blue Harvest & Robbie Rivera - Club Wash - 1999 #300737 US $8.39 Buy It Now 4h 57m
DURAN DURAN "Hungry Like The Wolf" 4:11 / 5:14 Remix HARVEST B-5195 US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
BLACK HARVEST - WHITE LIGHT CAME DOWN 2005 1ST PRESS SEALED PARADISE LOST MDB! US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h
Pink Floyd ?- Obscured By Clouds - Harvest ST-11078 (Canada) 1972 VG+ / NM- US $54.94 Buy It Now 5h 7m
4- Promo Copy Records Mitch Ryder Cat Mother Guns & Butter Barclay James Harvest US $9.99 [0 bids]
ELO LP COLLECTION German Harvest 1c 028-05 698 near mint / stunning US $33.62 Buy It Now 5h 10m
celtic harvest: spirited music from the emerald isle US $3.42 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Saving Children by Vinyl Shriner (CD, Jul-2003, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
THE BANNED - LITTLE GIRL - 7" VINYL - 1977 HARVEST US $5.19 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Spark * by New World Spirits (CD, Sep-2003, Harvest ... US $0.49 [0 bids]
LA BELLE EPOQUE - BLACK IS BLACK - 7" VINYL 1977 HARVEST US $5.70 Buy It Now 5h 33m
MARSHALL, HAIN - DANCING IN THE CITY - 7" VINYL 1978 HARVEST US $5.19 Buy It Now 5h 34m
LITTLE RIVER BAND "SELF-TITLED" HARVEST STEREO ST-11512 (1975) (NM)* US $2.99 [1 bids]
BENNY HILL - THE HARVEST OF LOVE 1963 VINYL EX/CON US $1.66 [0 bids]
Never Opened by Good Friday (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest M... US $0.49 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest: Glasnost/Victims of Circumstance [DVD] [2006] US $22.46 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Michael Chapman LP Window UK Harvest 1st press No EMI Boxes Grammerphone 8 pics US $1.66 [1 bids]
Michael Chapman LP Fully qualified survivor UK Harvest 1st press NICE COPY 8 pic US $50.41 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: Barclay James Harvest (rock & pop vinyl LP) Belgium US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 47m
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL - 7" VINYL 1971 HARVEST US $5.03 Buy It Now 5h 48m
ELO, SHOWDOWN / IN OLD ENGLAND TOWN. ORIGINAL HARVEST 1973 SINGLE US $1.66 [0 bids]
Michael Chapman LP Rainmaker UK Harvest 1st press 8 pics US $18.49 [2 bids]
PRIVATE/ VANITY COUNTRY Rock COOL 45 rpm MIKE SMITH W HARVEST Arkansas River US $19.00 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Michael Chapman LP Window UK Harvest 1st press DECENT COPY 8 pictures US $55.47 [3 bids]
Michael Chapman LP Window UK Harvest White Label test pressing 1st Press Has UK US $100.84 [0 bids]
Harvest by Neil Young (CD, 1972, Reprise) US $7.19 Buy It Now 6h
DEEP PURPLE ~ WHO DO WE THINK? ~ GREEK HARVEST LP ~ EXTREMELY RARE! US $29.77 Buy It Now 6h 2m
HARVEST OF HITS Country Music Compilation LP 1978 Willie Nelson Kenny Rogers+ US $7.65 Buy It Now 6h 5m
PINK FLOYD the wall 1979 UK HARVEST STEREO 2LP A4/B4/A3/B2 US $50.43 Buy It Now 6h 7m
UHF by Acme Rocket Quartet (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Me... US $0.49 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD A NICE PAIR 2 LP HARVEST RECORDS SABB-11257 *UNCENSORED COVER*QUALITY US $31.00 [0 bids]
INDIO---BIG HARVEST---A & M RECORDS OF CANADA LTD.---CS 5257 US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Bukkitta by Stick Figures (CD, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Vintage Neil Young Harvest Warner Brothers Cassette 1972 Excellent Condition US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Evolution by Chuck Carter (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
SCORPIONS - ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE UK IMP. HARVEST 1984 7" VINYL NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
CAN Saw Delight LP Harvest IC 064-32 156 Original Pressing Krautrock NM German US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Praying Mantis Harvest Soundhouse Tapes 7" 1979 US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 35m
The Shirts - Tell Me Your Plans UK Harvest Demo 7" Single US $6.71 [0 bids]
STAND , Audio CD, 100,000 Ways To Harvest Hope US $8.29 Buy It Now 6h 41m
SEALED LP FOCUS CON PROBY on HARVEST original SS prog US $16.00 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Kevin Ayers - Best of CD EMI/Harvest label US $5.00 [0 bids]
LITTLE RIVER BAND Sleeper Catcher Vinyl LP Harvest 1978 ~a US $7.61 Buy It Now 6h 52m
THE ISLEY BROTHERS Harvest For The World Vinyl LP T-Neck 1976 ~a US $7.61 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Pink Floyd Ummagumma 2 LP Harvest STBB-388 1970 '60s Psych Rock US $65.00 Buy It Now 6h 56m
After the Day: The Radio Recordings 1974-1976 Barclay James Harvest Audio CD US $19.87 Buy It Now 6h 58m

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Underground Community ratings distribution

HARVEST Underground Community reviews

Review by lazland
4 stars Released in 2009, this is a nice album available as a free download on the band's website, although I for one will be sending off for a copy of the CD. Classified as neo-prog on the site, it probably, in my opinion, sits better in crossover prog, but wherever we argue about where it should be placed, this is an accomplished and very good debut work.

As a piece of trivia, this band have supported Marillion on Spanish dates, and it is this wonderful band to whom Harvest clearly owe much in loyalty and influences, certainly in their very knowing way of writing and performing catchy and instantly accessible pieces of music. The second track, Beyond The Desert, is one of the best pieces of pop/prog I have heard in quite a long time, and on this, as, indeed, everywhere, lead vocalist Monique Van Der Kolk absolutely shines. Hers is a beautiful voice which adds so much atmosphere and flavour.

There is one cover, and that is of the marvellous Marillion track Waiting To Happen, from Holidays In Eden. This track was a highlight of a relatively ordinary Marillion album for me, and to hear it reinterpreted in a far less "in your face" way by this band is an enjoyable experience. In addition, there is a piano sequence on She Tries lifted straight from that all time classic, Brave, and is no less enjoyable for showing its influence.

All of the band perform extremely well. The guitar solo on No Return by Jordi Prats is particularly evocative, lifting a track that sits deep in melancholy.

There is a foray into prog folk territory, with clear knowing nods to post indie sensibilities, on The Story Of Tim Ballas. Indeed, as I mentioned at the top, it really is very hard to classify this album, aside from stating that it is a collection of extremely well written, well performed, emotional, and enjoyable songs. Perhaps my only criticism is that the forays into harder material, such as Mara, are not as effective as much else here. Harvest are, I think, a band who should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at.

Definitely one for those who, like me, are a sucker for killer female vocals, this will also strongly appeal to those who don't have to have epics on their prog albums, and also to Marillion fans curious to explore a little more the bands associated with them.

As for a rating, 3.5, but rounded up to four simply by virtue of the exceptional maturity displayed on a debut work. This is a band that is definitely one to watch in the future.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#449151) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars It happened that I downloaded this album after finding the link in the "Official Review Our Music" forum. It happened that I put it on my Mp3 reader and it happened that I totally forgot it. Then it happened that after "Harmonium", my reader started playing "Harvest" and I started wondering who they were, trying to identify them without looking on the display, also because that display is very badly lighted, very small and I had no glasses....

My first impression of the album, listened just once when I downloaded it was of good neo- prog but what remained in my mind after that listen was just a Marillion cover, and that cover was what helped me to remember the band, but it means that I have listened to the 9 previious songs with enough concentration and I have discovered an excellent band with very good songs well played and with an excellent singer.

In the end the Marillion cover (Waiting to Happen) is just a cover and the voice of Monique van der Kolk sounds too sweet respect to the powerful high pitches of Steve Hogarth, but that voice sounds excellent in the rest of the album.

Monique's voice is remarkable. It's probably the word "Autumn" in the opener that seems inspired to Prevert's poetry, but she makes me think to Heather Findlay but also to Megan Wheatley of Dan Britton's project "All Over Everywhere". Voice apart, the song is good. I have left the neo-prog subgenre since some years but I can still recognize the good neo-prog when I hear it. This is very good.

"Beyond The Desert" is colored of Magenta while the "cold electronics" of "No Return" make me think to an artist that I suggested and was rejected from PA a couple of years ago, Kate Havnevik.

"The Story Of Tim Ballas" is opened by a 12 strings guitar very similar to Bowie's Space Oddity. It's just for few seconds then they are back to their genre with a song still in Marillion's chords even if I hear a connection to Mostly Autumn also on this song.

"Mara" is different. It's a song on which one can guess that this band is Spanish (or better, Catalan). There's also more rock respect to the previous tracks. Surely is one of the less commercial.

After a short instrumental, that's the title track, that would have deserved to be exploited better, a piano introduces a mellow song that's too mellow for my tastes. Nice as background during a travel by car but nothing more.

"Post Disaster" opens with keyboard and drum machine for about one minute of progressive electronic, then when Monique starts singing she trasnforms it into an excellent song made of many different elements. Maybe Magenta is the best reference for this song

"The Horizon" sounds as a Marillion song of the Hogarth era but the chorus gives me an idea of Mostly Autumn again. It's one of the best album's songs. However it introduces quite well the cover mentioned before. "Waiting to Happen" is an excellent song and I have to admint that I prefer the original version even if this is everything but bad.

"She Tries" is another good song. We have bass and keyboards reminding to Marillion while guitar and vocals are closer to Mostly Autumn.

A short acoustic song follows: "Night Comes Down" must be mentioned mainly because of it's position in the album: I think it comes exactly in the best moment. A few of chill-out before the closure that's darker. "Interrupted Broadcast" is the heaviest track. After a piano that is able to give an idea of what will follow we have drums and distorted guitar, then piano and vocals again. Here I think to Porcupine Tree.

This is a very promising debut album. They still sound too much like their bigger influencer but have good original ideas, too. Some songs may appear too commercial but again, when the music is good being commercial or not does mean nothing to me. The impression is that the band hasn't still found its original sound, but when they will they'll have the potentiality to become big. Also this album is already better than some Marillion albums.

3.5 stars that I want to round up to 4. They have been a pleasant surprise in my mp3 playlist and I hope they will be a more pleasant surprise with their following releases.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#451242) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 23, 2011

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Barcelona is well known for producing some great Catalan Prog in the 70's, but it was time to give a shot to a ferw more modern-sounding groups during the millenium.So this is Harvest, formed in 2008 under female singer Monique van der Kolk, keyboardist Jordi Amela and guitarist Jordi Prats.After a 6-track demo drummer Alex Ojea and bassist Roger Vilageliu joined the project and in 2009 Harvest begun performing live (even supporting Marillion) as well as writing material for their debut.It was eventually a self-produced work on their own Red Phone Records under the title ''Underground Community'' with the cover artwork made by Antonio Seijas.

Armoured with a fantastic vocalist and an array of emotional melodies Harvest offered no less than 13 laid-back short tracks full of dreamy soundscapes, ethereal atmospheres and harmonic passages, strongly influenced by Hogarth-era MARILLION as well as the straighter tunes of female-fronted bands like MAGENTA, PAATOS, IONA or MOSTLY AUTUMN.Words can't describe Monique van der Kolk's sensitive, romantic and super-emotional chords and she is definitely the biggest weapon in Harvest'a array with her ethereal vibe and crystalline choirs.The music on the other hand is far from adventurous, this contains simple arrangements full of melodic/psychedelic guitars and very light background synthesizers (and occasionally organs), as it was seemingly written around Van Der Kolk's style of singing.The result is a mixture of light-weight Neo Prog with strong Post Rock passages and a few touches of Electronica, thus resembling the approach of PAATOS.The melodies are quite strong and the tracks rather memorable, always highlghted by one of the best female singers around, however the album faces a real problem in the abscence of any kind of diversity, as all tracks sound extremely similar, yet ''Underground Community'' hardly becomes boring along the way.There is also a nice cover version of MARILLION's ''Waiting to Happen'' from the ''Holidays in Eden'' album included.

Soft female-fronted Neo Prog/Post rock of decent inspiration, featuring a fantastic singer and above average atmospheres.Still I insist this band should make their sound more flexible in the future.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#812615) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 stars I am the first one to admit that female fronted fusion of AOR and Neo-Prog is not my cup of tea. Harvest is a Spanish band they have offered a free download of this album on their homepage in addition to selling normal CDs. See my interview with the band. Their music is very much a type of c ... (read more)

Report this review (#398336) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, February 11, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Harvest's "Underground Community" is a very nice album. It consists of 13 tunes, none longer than 6:18 - no long epics or suites. The female vocalist in places reminds me of the singer for The Cranberries (edit: or 10,000 Maniacs). This is very "accessible" music, unlikely to elicit any funny l ... (read more)

Report this review (#264313) | Posted by powerclam | Thursday, February 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Underground Community"