UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY

Harvest Underground Community album cover

Buy HARVEST Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Autumn Leaves (3:44)
2. Beyond the Desert (3:38)
3. No Return (5:37)
4. The Story of Tim Ballas (4:50)
5. Mara (4:51)
6. Underground Community (1:37)
7. Change Life (4:22)
8. Post Disaster (4:23)
9. The Horizon (5:20)
10. Waiting to Happen (6:17)
11. She Tries (4:41)
12. Night Comes Down (2:51)
13. Interrupted Broadcast (3:46)

Search HARVEST Underground Community lyrics

Search HARVEST Underground Community tabs

- Monique van der Kolk / vocals
- Jordi Amela / keyboards
- Jordi Prats / guitars
- Roger Vilageliu / bass
- Alex Ojea / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Underground Community Music

Let's Fight for a GenerationLet's Fight for a Generation
Benson Records 1994
Harvest Moon by Neil Young (CD, Oct-1992, Reprise) US $4.50 [0 bids]
31m 33s
EAST OF EDEN NEW LEAF 1971 UK 1ST HARVEST MONSTER US $49.99 Buy It Now 36m 50s
DAVID MALONEY LP "THE HARVEST IS IN" FRECKLE FR-01903 US $1.99 [0 bids]
38m 41s
Little River Band Diamantina Cocktail NEW SEALED vinyl LP Harvest SW11645 No UPC US $24.99 Buy It Now 42m 28s
1981 EP Duran Duran Careless Memories/Girls on Film Promo (Harvest SPRO 9663 US $3.00 [1 bids]
43m 57s
Harvest Never Thirst Again 1976 shrink NM EX+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
50m 40s
BARCLAY HARVEST JAMES Time Honoured Ghosts POLYDOR LP US $8.95 Buy It Now 59m 42s
CD Arthur Beatrice 'Working Out' soulful rock on Harvest 2014 DIGIPACK US $0.99 [0 bids]
1h
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - Ring Of Hands, ORIGINAL 1983 UK LP / inner.... EX US $5.81 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST**BEST OF**CD US $16.95 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Tom Robinson Harvest Gay Pride LP 1979 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Five Blind Boys Of Alabama - Harvest Collection: Five Blind Boys Of Ala [CD New] US $8.34 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE ALBION BAND Rise Up Like The Sun '78 UK Harvest Fairport Convention NM- US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
LITTLE RIVER BAND "S/T" LP 1975 harvest US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Crystal Lewis - Harvest 2000 - CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
LP BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST ONCE AGAIN EX/VG FAME RECORDS 41 3073 1 US $22.39 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Pink Floyd Double LP - Ummagumma. Harvest Label. Matrices A-1 B-1 2 B-1 US $16.60 [0 bids]
MANEIGE self-titled LP Record HARVEST 1975 Le Rafiot - PROG US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 THE ISELY BROTHERS Harvest For the World on Tneck US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Spring Harvest by Rick Jensen (CD, Sep-1999, The Doctor Is In) US $1.50 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG "HARVEST" US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
BENSON RECORDS "THE EARLY WORKS" CD 1992 HARVEST DALLAS HOLM FARRELL US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 53m
POTLUCK - HARVEST TIME NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 2h 10m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST + XII + CD + SEALED+ 2003 US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Misters Greatest Tits Harvest ?- 1A 064-63 844 1980 BELGIUM US $48.50 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Beck Rare 10" Vinyl Record + REAL Original Painting A Harvest Field Beck Hansen US $299.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Max Middleton/Robert Ahwai-Another Sleeper-Fusion/Harvest 4103-ENGLAND US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Harvest Dick Anthony & Bill O'Brien~RARE 1977 Xian~Tempo of Kansas City R-7189 US $10.95 Buy It Now 2h 47m
PINK FLOYD The Wall 2x Vinyl LP Harvest SHSP4111 A-5U B-5U SHSP4112 A-3U B-3U US $99.57 Buy It Now 2h 49m
12"-Maxi-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST He Said Love / Hymn (1986) GERMANY PS /BJH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
TRINITY Harvest Day ROOTS FROM THE YARD LISTEN US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Neil Young HARVEST Official Release Series REMASTERED 3rd Album NEW SEALED HD CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
CD Little Jeans 'Pocketknife' indie pop rock on Harvest 2014 US $0.99 [0 bids]
CD Syd Arthur 'On and On' progressive folk revival on Harvest 2013 DIGIPACK US $3.85 [4 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST The Best Of LP US $18.26 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Pink Floyd ?- The Dark Side Of The MoonPink Floyd Media VG Cover VG+? US $11.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest Moon LP Euro pressing US $75.00 [0 bids]
BOARDS OF CANADA Tomorrows Harvest Vinyl US $15.00 [0 bids]
bjh BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Eyes Of The Universe GERMANY Polydor CD issue US $15.20 Buy It Now 3h 22m
bjh BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Octoberon GERMANY Polydor CD issue US $19.00 Buy It Now 3h 23m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST**LIVE TAPES**2 CD SET US $25.95 Buy It Now 3h 23m
The Isley Brothers "Harvest For The World" T-Neck PZ33809 Stereo 1976 NM/VG++ US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon - Harvest SMAS-11163 LP US $9.00 [1 bids]
STILL FACTORY SEALED ORIGINAL LP~NEIL YOUNG~HARVEST~~with the TEXTURED COVER! US $379.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Harvest--Morning Sun 1981 Vinyl LP XIAN Milk & Honey Jerry Williams Ed Kerr US $11.50 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd Ummagumma Double LP SKBB-388 Harvest US $12.00 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG Harvest 1972 MS 2032 First Press Matrix 1C/2B Lee Hulko VG+/NM- vinyl US $18.29 [0 bids]
HARVEST Send Us To The World LP EX+ US 1983 orig Milk & Honey MH 1051 inner slv US $2.50 [0 bids]
MOVE:Tonight 3:18-Don't Mess Me Up 3:12-Belgium 7" Harvest 4C 006 04819 M w/SL US $44.98 Buy It Now 3h 59m
NEIL YOUNG-harvest moon-orig CANADA tape-very good+ US $4.26 [0 bids]
Bruce is Back Game of Death LP Golden Harvest YX-7037 Cam US $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 5m
SYD BARRETT BARRETT LP SHSP4007 HARVEST UK NM (PRODUCED BY GILMOUR/WRIGHT) US $45.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: And Other Short Stories LP (gatefold cover, sl cw) Rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 15m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: Octoberon LP (UK, inner, embossed cover) Rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Neil Young Harvest Remastered CD Folk Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.60 Buy It Now 4h 16m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST The Best Of UK vinyl LP,EXCELLENT CONDITION US $13.26 Buy It Now 4h 17m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: Barclay James Harvest LP (some foxing spots inside gatef US $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 19m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: Barclay James Harvest LP (Belgium) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Iron Maiden S/T debut LP 1st 1980 st12094 harvest usa G2/G2 etch vinyl original! US $75.00 Buy It Now 4h 29m
A harvest . a shepherd, a bride - Village Music of Bulgaria 33/13 LP Nonesuch US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
SYD BARRETT ON HARVEST STEREO LP (UK) US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Neil Young: Gold Anniversary Edition, Harvest & Harvest Moon ~ NEW 2-CD Set US $134.95 Buy It Now 4h 47m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST THE COMPACT STORY OF CD CAMEL PINK FLOYD CARAVAN STRAWBS US $5.00 [0 bids]
7"-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Friend Of Mine(1978)BJH US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Rough Harvest by John Mellencamp (CD, Aug-1999, Mercury) - MINT US $3.50 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Duke Tumatoe & the Power Trio by Duke Tumatoe (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media... US $7.99 [0 bids]
ISLEY BROTHERS Harvest For The World LP RECORD Soul US $2.99 [0 bids]
ALPHAVILLE - FIRST HARVEST 1984-92 - GREATEST HITS - OZ 15 TRK CD - UNPLAYED US $12.09 Buy It Now 5h 37m
7"-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST / BJH - Just A Day Away (1982) GERMANY PS US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
7"-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST / BJH - Ring Of Changes (1983) GERMANY PS US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
LITTLE RIVER BAND S/T U.S. 1975 HARVEST ST 11512 MASTER BY CAPITOL STAMPER LP NM US $14.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD - NOT NOW JOHN / THE HERO'S RETURN LP 12'' UK 1983 HARVEST 12HAR 5224 US $199.95 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD: Money 3:07-Any Colour You Like 3:13-Germany 7" 1973 Harvest EMI PSL US $84.98 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Little River Band "Diamantina Cocktail" 1977 Harvest LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest 1972 REPRISE STEREO LP vinyl VG+ Leo Hulka STERLING original! US $17.49 [0 bids]
DON SLAKEY Harvest FRESNO California WHO PLAYS THE SONGS FOR THE COUNTRY D.J.'S? US $9.99 [0 bids]
6h
WIRE Chairs Missing orig UK 1978 Punk LP OOP vinyl emi harvest shsp4093 rare!! US $159.00 Buy It Now 6h
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST RING OF CHANGES RARE GERMANY OOP ISSUE US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Harvest Floor by Cattle Decapitation (CD, 2008, Metal Blade) US $10.29 Buy It Now 6h 8m
Rod Parsley 'Speak The Word' A media ministry of World Harvest church New US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest ORIG 1972 Reprise INSERT LP Leo Hulka pressing US $99.00 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Neil Young / Harvest Moon US $2.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young : Harvest Singer-Songwriter Vinyl Record US $1.00 [0 bids]
BUNDLES - SOFT MACHINE - HARVEST-LP/Vinyl/Record US $3.14 [4 bids]
New Harvest...First Gathering by Dolly Parton(RCA...1977) G+ LP US $3.00 [0 bids]
BOBB TRIMBLE HARVEST OF DREAMS VINYL LP SEALED + MP3 SECRETLY CANADIAN US $21.99 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Harvest 45 HARVEST FEELING / CAN YOU THINK OF A REASON ~ VG++ pop rock US $2.56 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Thomas Dolby Blinded By Science Mini LP 5 Songs Harvest 15007 still in shrink US $9.97 Buy It Now 7h 31m
NEIL YOUNG: "HARVEST" by Neil Young (CD, Dec-1992, Reprise) US $5.22 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Cassette: IRON MAIDEN The Number of the Beast Harvest Capitol 4XT-12202 METAL US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE PRETTY THINGS - Singles A's & B's LP (RARE UK Import on HARVEST) US $41.99 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Harvest Only The Overcomers USA Cassette US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 57m
Focus (1978 Harvest LP ST-11721 SEALED) Focus Con Proby featuring PJ Proby US $18.28 Buy It Now 8h 14m
PINK FLOYD More Soundtrack CASSETTE TAPE Harvest 1969/1980's Reissue US $8.95 Buy It Now 8h 18m
PINK FLOYD Ummagumma CASSETTE TAPE Harvest 1969/1980's Reissue US $8.95 Buy It Now 8h 18m
PINK FLOYD Relics CASSETTE TAPE Harvest 1971/1981 Reissue SEE EMILY PLAY US $8.95 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Another Harvest II Landline Country CD Ft Beccy Cole Lee Kernaghan Shanley Del US $19.77 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Kohmi Hirose - Harvest US $2.50 Buy It Now 8h 23m
LOST SOULS Closeyoureyesanditwonthurt 1996 ORG Fear Factory Red Harvest US $4.49 Buy It Now 8h 25m
V/A - Exalting Him 2005 (CD) Godchild-New Harvest-High Praise-Tuckers-McCampbell US $1.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Underground Community ratings distribution

HARVEST Underground Community reviews

Review by lazland
4 stars Released in 2009, this is a nice album available as a free download on the band's website, although I for one will be sending off for a copy of the CD. Classified as neo-prog on the site, it probably, in my opinion, sits better in crossover prog, but wherever we argue about where it should be placed, this is an accomplished and very good debut work.

As a piece of trivia, this band have supported Marillion on Spanish dates, and it is this wonderful band to whom Harvest clearly owe much in loyalty and influences, certainly in their very knowing way of writing and performing catchy and instantly accessible pieces of music. The second track, Beyond The Desert, is one of the best pieces of pop/prog I have heard in quite a long time, and on this, as, indeed, everywhere, lead vocalist Monique Van Der Kolk absolutely shines. Hers is a beautiful voice which adds so much atmosphere and flavour.

There is one cover, and that is of the marvellous Marillion track Waiting To Happen, from Holidays In Eden. This track was a highlight of a relatively ordinary Marillion album for me, and to hear it reinterpreted in a far less "in your face" way by this band is an enjoyable experience. In addition, there is a piano sequence on She Tries lifted straight from that all time classic, Brave, and is no less enjoyable for showing its influence.

All of the band perform extremely well. The guitar solo on No Return by Jordi Prats is particularly evocative, lifting a track that sits deep in melancholy.

There is a foray into prog folk territory, with clear knowing nods to post indie sensibilities, on The Story Of Tim Ballas. Indeed, as I mentioned at the top, it really is very hard to classify this album, aside from stating that it is a collection of extremely well written, well performed, emotional, and enjoyable songs. Perhaps my only criticism is that the forays into harder material, such as Mara, are not as effective as much else here. Harvest are, I think, a band who should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at.

Definitely one for those who, like me, are a sucker for killer female vocals, this will also strongly appeal to those who don't have to have epics on their prog albums, and also to Marillion fans curious to explore a little more the bands associated with them.

As for a rating, 3.5, but rounded up to four simply by virtue of the exceptional maturity displayed on a debut work. This is a band that is definitely one to watch in the future.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#449151) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars It happened that I downloaded this album after finding the link in the "Official Review Our Music" forum. It happened that I put it on my Mp3 reader and it happened that I totally forgot it. Then it happened that after "Harmonium", my reader started playing "Harvest" and I started wondering who they were, trying to identify them without looking on the display, also because that display is very badly lighted, very small and I had no glasses....

My first impression of the album, listened just once when I downloaded it was of good neo- prog but what remained in my mind after that listen was just a Marillion cover, and that cover was what helped me to remember the band, but it means that I have listened to the 9 previious songs with enough concentration and I have discovered an excellent band with very good songs well played and with an excellent singer.

In the end the Marillion cover (Waiting to Happen) is just a cover and the voice of Monique van der Kolk sounds too sweet respect to the powerful high pitches of Steve Hogarth, but that voice sounds excellent in the rest of the album.

Monique's voice is remarkable. It's probably the word "Autumn" in the opener that seems inspired to Prevert's poetry, but she makes me think to Heather Findlay but also to Megan Wheatley of Dan Britton's project "All Over Everywhere". Voice apart, the song is good. I have left the neo-prog subgenre since some years but I can still recognize the good neo-prog when I hear it. This is very good.

"Beyond The Desert" is colored of Magenta while the "cold electronics" of "No Return" make me think to an artist that I suggested and was rejected from PA a couple of years ago, Kate Havnevik.

"The Story Of Tim Ballas" is opened by a 12 strings guitar very similar to Bowie's Space Oddity. It's just for few seconds then they are back to their genre with a song still in Marillion's chords even if I hear a connection to Mostly Autumn also on this song.

"Mara" is different. It's a song on which one can guess that this band is Spanish (or better, Catalan). There's also more rock respect to the previous tracks. Surely is one of the less commercial.

After a short instrumental, that's the title track, that would have deserved to be exploited better, a piano introduces a mellow song that's too mellow for my tastes. Nice as background during a travel by car but nothing more.

"Post Disaster" opens with keyboard and drum machine for about one minute of progressive electronic, then when Monique starts singing she trasnforms it into an excellent song made of many different elements. Maybe Magenta is the best reference for this song

"The Horizon" sounds as a Marillion song of the Hogarth era but the chorus gives me an idea of Mostly Autumn again. It's one of the best album's songs. However it introduces quite well the cover mentioned before. "Waiting to Happen" is an excellent song and I have to admint that I prefer the original version even if this is everything but bad.

"She Tries" is another good song. We have bass and keyboards reminding to Marillion while guitar and vocals are closer to Mostly Autumn.

A short acoustic song follows: "Night Comes Down" must be mentioned mainly because of it's position in the album: I think it comes exactly in the best moment. A few of chill-out before the closure that's darker. "Interrupted Broadcast" is the heaviest track. After a piano that is able to give an idea of what will follow we have drums and distorted guitar, then piano and vocals again. Here I think to Porcupine Tree.

This is a very promising debut album. They still sound too much like their bigger influencer but have good original ideas, too. Some songs may appear too commercial but again, when the music is good being commercial or not does mean nothing to me. The impression is that the band hasn't still found its original sound, but when they will they'll have the potentiality to become big. Also this album is already better than some Marillion albums.

3.5 stars that I want to round up to 4. They have been a pleasant surprise in my mp3 playlist and I hope they will be a more pleasant surprise with their following releases.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#451242) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 23, 2011

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Barcelona is well known for producing some great Catalan Prog in the 70's, but it was time to give a shot to a ferw more modern-sounding groups during the millenium.So this is Harvest, formed in 2008 under female singer Monique van der Kolk, keyboardist Jordi Amela and guitarist Jordi Prats.After a 6-track demo drummer Alex Ojea and bassist Roger Vilageliu joined the project and in 2009 Harvest begun performing live (even supporting Marillion) as well as writing material for their debut.It was eventually a self-produced work on their own Red Phone Records under the title ''Underground Community'' with the cover artwork made by Antonio Seijas.

Armoured with a fantastic vocalist and an array of emotional melodies Harvest offered no less than 13 laid-back short tracks full of dreamy soundscapes, ethereal atmospheres and harmonic passages, strongly influenced by Hogarth-era MARILLION as well as the straighter tunes of female-fronted bands like MAGENTA, PAATOS, IONA or MOSTLY AUTUMN.Words can't describe Monique van der Kolk's sensitive, romantic and super-emotional chords and she is definitely the biggest weapon in Harvest'a array with her ethereal vibe and crystalline choirs.The music on the other hand is far from adventurous, this contains simple arrangements full of melodic/psychedelic guitars and very light background synthesizers (and occasionally organs), as it was seemingly written around Van Der Kolk's style of singing.The result is a mixture of light-weight Neo Prog with strong Post Rock passages and a few touches of Electronica, thus resembling the approach of PAATOS.The melodies are quite strong and the tracks rather memorable, always highlghted by one of the best female singers around, however the album faces a real problem in the abscence of any kind of diversity, as all tracks sound extremely similar, yet ''Underground Community'' hardly becomes boring along the way.There is also a nice cover version of MARILLION's ''Waiting to Happen'' from the ''Holidays in Eden'' album included.

Soft female-fronted Neo Prog/Post rock of decent inspiration, featuring a fantastic singer and above average atmospheres.Still I insist this band should make their sound more flexible in the future.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#812615) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 stars I am the first one to admit that female fronted fusion of AOR and Neo-Prog is not my cup of tea. Harvest is a Spanish band they have offered a free download of this album on their homepage in addition to selling normal CDs. See my interview with the band. Their music is very much a type of c ... (read more)

Report this review (#398336) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, February 11, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Harvest's "Underground Community" is a very nice album. It consists of 13 tunes, none longer than 6:18 - no long epics or suites. The female vocalist in places reminds me of the singer for The Cranberries (edit: or 10,000 Maniacs). This is very "accessible" music, unlikely to elicit any funny l ... (read more)

Report this review (#264313) | Posted by powerclam | Thursday, February 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Underground Community"