UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY

Harvest Underground Community album cover

Buy HARVEST Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Autumn Leaves (3:44)
2. Beyond the Desert (3:38)
3. No Return (5:37)
4. The Story of Tim Ballas (4:50)
5. Mara (4:51)
6. Underground Community (1:37)
7. Change Life (4:22)
8. Post Disaster (4:23)
9. The Horizon (5:20)
10. Waiting to Happen (6:17)
11. She Tries (4:41)
12. Night Comes Down (2:51)
13. Interrupted Broadcast (3:46)

Search HARVEST Underground Community lyrics

Search HARVEST Underground Community tabs

- Monique van der Kolk / vocals
- Jordi Amela / keyboards
- Jordi Prats / guitars
- Roger Vilageliu / bass
- Alex Ojea / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Underground Community Music

NEIL YOUNG - HARVEST - CD - NEW - CLASSIC ALBUM - US $15.88 Buy It Now 52m 30s
FOCUS - "Con Proby" LP ORIG 1978 1st US HARVEST - IN SHRINK US $22.88 Buy It Now 59m 22s
DEEP PURPLE - S/T Orig ISRAELI LP silver/black Harvest label US $27.00 Buy It Now 1h
Roy Wood - Forever - 7" 1973 - Ex - Harvest US $0.02 [1 bids]
Electric Light Orchestra - Harvest Years 1970-73 CD US $29.44 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Pink Floyd A Nice Pair 2 lp '73 harvest sabb11257 uncensored nude piper saucerfu US $69.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
SYD BARRETT barrett LP VG+ SHSP 4007 Harvest UK 1970 Stereo A2/B2 Black Label US $120.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
KEKJIANG / GUMMA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA - MERMAID / HARVEST SCENES NEW CD US $24.06 Buy It Now 2h 40m
BROWN BOYZ - HARVEST TIME NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Barclay James Harvest Just a day away 7" POPPX585 VG/EX UK Pic Picture Disc US $23.32 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Barclay James Harvest Live EP 7" 2229 198 VG/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Barclay James Harvest Loving is easy 7" Blue Vinyl POSP012 G/EX UK US $10.25 Buy It Now 3h 6m
CHRIS ROBINSON BROTHERHOOD Phosphorescent Harvest CD 2014 NEW Black Crowes US $18.59 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Christians Harvest for the world 7" IS395 VG/EX UK US $10.25 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Self Titled by The Shakes (CD, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Various - The Rare Stuff - Harvest SHSM 2028 - LP Vinyl Record US $42.42 Buy It Now 3h 32m
MICHAEL CHAPMAN fully qualified survivor '70 LP rare acid folk HARVEST 1st US NM US $59.99 Buy It Now 3h 38m
@ CD Adversary - The Winter's Harvest RARE METAL CURSED RECORDS 1996 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST THE BEST OF... LP 757 US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Isley Brothers Harvest for the world 7" SEPC4369 VG/EX UK US $10.25 Buy It Now 4h 7m
HOLIDAY FLYER - BLUE HARVEST NEW CD US $14.43 Buy It Now 4h 9m
BECK a western harvest field by moonlight LP Mint- 1st Press w/finger painting US $120.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Barclay James Harvest - Mockingbird (Polydor) [CD New] US $9.19 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Deep Purple/Mark 2 Purple Singles.German Harvest LP US $16.97 Buy It Now 4h 20m
JOHN MELLENCAMP - ROUGH HARVEST [BONUS TRACK] [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $2.52 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Be Bop Deluxe - Drastic Plastic - CD (EMI Harvest CDP7947332 + Bonus Tracks) US $18.82 Buy It Now 4h 34m
NAGLFAR - HARVEST * - NEW CD US $12.05 Buy It Now 4h 43m
ELO Showdown UK Harvest Jeff Lynne 1st 1973 Press ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $28.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Various(Vinyl LP)Spring Harvest 88-Spirit Of Praise-SOPR 2026-UK-NM/NM US $37.33 Buy It Now 4h 56m
TRIPLE J-HOME AND HOSED THE FIRST HARVEST-2 CD SET-2003-LITTLE BIRDY-PANICS US $12.23 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Joseph Polisi - Harvest Of 20Th-Century Bassoon Music CD US $17.53 Buy It Now 4h 58m
V.A.-A HARVEST, A SHEPHERD, A BRIDE: VILLAGE MUSIC OF BULGARIA-JAPAN CD B36 US $13.99 Buy It Now 5h
Cattle Decapitation - Harvest Floor CD US $14.83 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Neil Young - Harvest CD WEA/REPRISE US $14.69 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Barclay James Harvest - Nexus CD US $15.53 Buy It Now 5h 28m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - JUST A DAY AWAY 7" VINYL PS US $6.77 Buy It Now 5h 29m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - LOVING IS EASY 7" VINYL US $7.62 Buy It Now 5h 29m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE 7" VINYL PS US $8.47 Buy It Now 5h 29m
Barclay James Harvest - After The Day-The Radio Broadcasts 1974-1976 CD US $22.16 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Barclay James Harvest - Child Of The Universe: The Essential Collection CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 5h 31m
John Mellencamp - Rough Harvest CD US $9.50 Buy It Now 5h 31m
2 Yoon - Harvest Moon CD US $28.04 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Harvest Breed - Everything Changes CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Barclay James Harvest - Live In Concert At Metropolis Studios CD US $20.64 Buy It Now 5h 37m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - AFTER THE DAY: THE RADIO BROADCASTS NEW CD US $26.38 Buy It Now 5h 39m
BOBB TRIMBLE - HARVEST OF DREAMS - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $20.97 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Holiday Flyer - Blue Harvest CD US $12.64 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Barclay James Harvest - Mockingbird (Polydor) CD US $13.85 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Matt Flinner Trio - Winter Harvest CD US $18.75 Buy It Now 5h 47m
Deep Purple April Part 1 - Hallelujah Harvest German 7" US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 47m
Gillian Welch - Harrow & The Harvest CD US $16.72 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Ark Of The Covenant - Self Harvest CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Rev. Jame Cleveland - Harvest Collection: Reverend James Cleveland CD US $11.16 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Five Blind Boys Of Alabama - Harvest Collection: Five Blind Boys Of Alabama CD US $11.07 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Sowing The Seeds - White Harvest CD US $15.15 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Barclay James Harvest - Turn Of The Tide NEW CD US $16.53 Buy It Now 6h
B-Real - Vol. 1-Harvest CD US $20.47 Buy It Now 6h
Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 6h 3m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - MOCKINGBIRD NEW CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Plante - Harvest Vinyl Record LP US $25.10 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Boards Of Canada - Tomorrows Harvest 2 LP Incl. Download Vinyl Record LP US $34.57 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Dizzy Man s Band - Best of ( Harvest - Holland ) US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Jon Lord Gemini Suite ?LISTEN? Deep Purple Textured A1 B1 UK LP Harvest 1971 NM US $50.91 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Golden Earrings - Winter Harvest - RETRO853 US $14.84 Buy It Now 6h 30m
The Isley Brothers - Harvest for the World - CDBBR0083 US $16.58 Buy It Now 6h 32m
3.5 x 5" clipframe with vintage cutting of BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST gone to earth US $16.13 Buy It Now 6h 33m
Deep Purple Concerto For Group Laminated A1 B1 UK LP ?LISTEN? Harvest 1970 EX+ US $67.88 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Roy Acuff "I'll Reap My Harvest In Heaven/Don't Make Me Go To Bed..." Orig 78 US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 34m
John Lees' Barclay James Harvest - Legacy: Live at the Shepherds Bush Empire 200 US $18.33 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Deep Purple Black Night / Strange Kind Of Woman A1 B1 UK 12" Harvest 1979 EX US $8.47 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Deep Purple Black Night / Speed King A1 B1 UK 7" Harvest 1970 US $8.47 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Deep Purple Strange Kind Of Woman / I'm Alone UK 7" Harvest 1971 US $6.77 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Deep Purple Fireball / Demon's Eye A1 B1 UK 7" Harvest 1971 US $6.77 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Barclay James Harvest - Ring Of Changes - ECLEC2332 US $18.43 Buy It Now 6h 39m
THOMAS DOLBY Blinded By Science 1982 VG++ in shrink wrap Harvest label US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Neil Young LP Lot of 4 Harvest American Stars Everybody Knows Comes a Time Vinyl US $14.99 [0 bids]
K.D. LANG "HARVEST OF SEVEN YEARS" V RARE UK PROMO VHS US $9.15 Buy It Now 7h 21m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST-Gone To Earth-OOP CD POLYDOR RED WEST GERMANY US $34.33 [9 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE - POLYDOR - POLD 5135 US $5.09 [0 bids]
Four Aces Decca 45 Record #29625 NM Shine On Harvest Moon / Love Is A Many US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 33m
Scorpions Picture Disc Big City Nights * Harvest (1984) 12 HARP-5231 US $28.16 [0 bids]
Porkfarm-Blood Harvest CD their moniker conjures disturbing. death metal US $6.02 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Bill Nelson-Harvest-Red Noise SS US $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 49m
ALTAN - HARVEST STORM NEW CD US $22.91 Buy It Now 7h 49m
PINK FLOYD - THE WALL - HARVEST - SHDW 411 US $9.34 [2 bids]
Theodore Bikel Lp A Harvest Of Israeli Folk Songs Elektra US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 54m
PALLAS "THE WEDGE" RARE W/L PROMO 12" (PROG, HARVEST) US $10.17 Buy It Now 8h
PINK FLOYD UMMAGUMMA 2LP EMI HARVEST STBB 388 G/F NM US $15.00 [0 bids]
GOLDEN EARRINGS Just Earrings / Winter Harvest Dutch 2-CD SEALED / NEW US $16.96 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World - Expand (NEW CD) US $17.38 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Glass Bead Games Clifford Jordan Quartet CD 2006 US Reissue Harvest Song Records US $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 15m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: XII/ 1978 SYMPHONIC ROCK EX VINYL US $8.47 Buy It Now 8h 21m

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Underground Community ratings distribution

HARVEST Underground Community reviews

Review by lazland
4 stars Released in 2009, this is a nice album available as a free download on the band's website, although I for one will be sending off for a copy of the CD. Classified as neo-prog on the site, it probably, in my opinion, sits better in crossover prog, but wherever we argue about where it should be placed, this is an accomplished and very good debut work.

As a piece of trivia, this band have supported Marillion on Spanish dates, and it is this wonderful band to whom Harvest clearly owe much in loyalty and influences, certainly in their very knowing way of writing and performing catchy and instantly accessible pieces of music. The second track, Beyond The Desert, is one of the best pieces of pop/prog I have heard in quite a long time, and on this, as, indeed, everywhere, lead vocalist Monique Van Der Kolk absolutely shines. Hers is a beautiful voice which adds so much atmosphere and flavour.

There is one cover, and that is of the marvellous Marillion track Waiting To Happen, from Holidays In Eden. This track was a highlight of a relatively ordinary Marillion album for me, and to hear it reinterpreted in a far less "in your face" way by this band is an enjoyable experience. In addition, there is a piano sequence on She Tries lifted straight from that all time classic, Brave, and is no less enjoyable for showing its influence.

All of the band perform extremely well. The guitar solo on No Return by Jordi Prats is particularly evocative, lifting a track that sits deep in melancholy.

There is a foray into prog folk territory, with clear knowing nods to post indie sensibilities, on The Story Of Tim Ballas. Indeed, as I mentioned at the top, it really is very hard to classify this album, aside from stating that it is a collection of extremely well written, well performed, emotional, and enjoyable songs. Perhaps my only criticism is that the forays into harder material, such as Mara, are not as effective as much else here. Harvest are, I think, a band who should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at.

Definitely one for those who, like me, are a sucker for killer female vocals, this will also strongly appeal to those who don't have to have epics on their prog albums, and also to Marillion fans curious to explore a little more the bands associated with them.

As for a rating, 3.5, but rounded up to four simply by virtue of the exceptional maturity displayed on a debut work. This is a band that is definitely one to watch in the future.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#449151) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars It happened that I downloaded this album after finding the link in the "Official Review Our Music" forum. It happened that I put it on my Mp3 reader and it happened that I totally forgot it. Then it happened that after "Harmonium", my reader started playing "Harvest" and I started wondering who they were, trying to identify them without looking on the display, also because that display is very badly lighted, very small and I had no glasses....

My first impression of the album, listened just once when I downloaded it was of good neo- prog but what remained in my mind after that listen was just a Marillion cover, and that cover was what helped me to remember the band, but it means that I have listened to the 9 previious songs with enough concentration and I have discovered an excellent band with very good songs well played and with an excellent singer.

In the end the Marillion cover (Waiting to Happen) is just a cover and the voice of Monique van der Kolk sounds too sweet respect to the powerful high pitches of Steve Hogarth, but that voice sounds excellent in the rest of the album.

Monique's voice is remarkable. It's probably the word "Autumn" in the opener that seems inspired to Prevert's poetry, but she makes me think to Heather Findlay but also to Megan Wheatley of Dan Britton's project "All Over Everywhere". Voice apart, the song is good. I have left the neo-prog subgenre since some years but I can still recognize the good neo-prog when I hear it. This is very good.

"Beyond The Desert" is colored of Magenta while the "cold electronics" of "No Return" make me think to an artist that I suggested and was rejected from PA a couple of years ago, Kate Havnevik.

"The Story Of Tim Ballas" is opened by a 12 strings guitar very similar to Bowie's Space Oddity. It's just for few seconds then they are back to their genre with a song still in Marillion's chords even if I hear a connection to Mostly Autumn also on this song.

"Mara" is different. It's a song on which one can guess that this band is Spanish (or better, Catalan). There's also more rock respect to the previous tracks. Surely is one of the less commercial.

After a short instrumental, that's the title track, that would have deserved to be exploited better, a piano introduces a mellow song that's too mellow for my tastes. Nice as background during a travel by car but nothing more.

"Post Disaster" opens with keyboard and drum machine for about one minute of progressive electronic, then when Monique starts singing she trasnforms it into an excellent song made of many different elements. Maybe Magenta is the best reference for this song

"The Horizon" sounds as a Marillion song of the Hogarth era but the chorus gives me an idea of Mostly Autumn again. It's one of the best album's songs. However it introduces quite well the cover mentioned before. "Waiting to Happen" is an excellent song and I have to admint that I prefer the original version even if this is everything but bad.

"She Tries" is another good song. We have bass and keyboards reminding to Marillion while guitar and vocals are closer to Mostly Autumn.

A short acoustic song follows: "Night Comes Down" must be mentioned mainly because of it's position in the album: I think it comes exactly in the best moment. A few of chill-out before the closure that's darker. "Interrupted Broadcast" is the heaviest track. After a piano that is able to give an idea of what will follow we have drums and distorted guitar, then piano and vocals again. Here I think to Porcupine Tree.

This is a very promising debut album. They still sound too much like their bigger influencer but have good original ideas, too. Some songs may appear too commercial but again, when the music is good being commercial or not does mean nothing to me. The impression is that the band hasn't still found its original sound, but when they will they'll have the potentiality to become big. Also this album is already better than some Marillion albums.

3.5 stars that I want to round up to 4. They have been a pleasant surprise in my mp3 playlist and I hope they will be a more pleasant surprise with their following releases.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#451242) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 23, 2011

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Barcelona is well known for producing some great Catalan Prog in the 70's, but it was time to give a shot to a ferw more modern-sounding groups during the millenium.So this is Harvest, formed in 2008 under female singer Monique van der Kolk, keyboardist Jordi Amela and guitarist Jordi Prats.After a 6-track demo drummer Alex Ojea and bassist Roger Vilageliu joined the project and in 2009 Harvest begun performing live (even supporting Marillion) as well as writing material for their debut.It was eventually a self-produced work on their own Red Phone Records under the title ''Underground Community'' with the cover artwork made by Antonio Seijas.

Armoured with a fantastic vocalist and an array of emotional melodies Harvest offered no less than 13 laid-back short tracks full of dreamy soundscapes, ethereal atmospheres and harmonic passages, strongly influenced by Hogarth-era MARILLION as well as the straighter tunes of female-fronted bands like MAGENTA, PAATOS, IONA or MOSTLY AUTUMN.Words can't describe Monique van der Kolk's sensitive, romantic and super-emotional chords and she is definitely the biggest weapon in Harvest'a array with her ethereal vibe and crystalline choirs.The music on the other hand is far from adventurous, this contains simple arrangements full of melodic/psychedelic guitars and very light background synthesizers (and occasionally organs), as it was seemingly written around Van Der Kolk's style of singing.The result is a mixture of light-weight Neo Prog with strong Post Rock passages and a few touches of Electronica, thus resembling the approach of PAATOS.The melodies are quite strong and the tracks rather memorable, always highlghted by one of the best female singers around, however the album faces a real problem in the abscence of any kind of diversity, as all tracks sound extremely similar, yet ''Underground Community'' hardly becomes boring along the way.There is also a nice cover version of MARILLION's ''Waiting to Happen'' from the ''Holidays in Eden'' album included.

Soft female-fronted Neo Prog/Post rock of decent inspiration, featuring a fantastic singer and above average atmospheres.Still I insist this band should make their sound more flexible in the future.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#812615) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 stars I am the first one to admit that female fronted fusion of AOR and Neo-Prog is not my cup of tea. Harvest is a Spanish band they have offered a free download of this album on their homepage in addition to selling normal CDs. See my interview with the band. Their music is very much a type of c ... (read more)

Report this review (#398336) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, February 11, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Harvest's "Underground Community" is a very nice album. It consists of 13 tunes, none longer than 6:18 - no long epics or suites. The female vocalist in places reminds me of the singer for The Cranberries (edit: or 10,000 Maniacs). This is very "accessible" music, unlikely to elicit any funny l ... (read more)

Report this review (#264313) | Posted by powerclam | Thursday, February 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Underground Community"