UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY

Harvest Underground Community album cover

Buy HARVEST Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Autumn Leaves (3:44)
2. Beyond the Desert (3:38)
3. No Return (5:37)
4. The Story of Tim Ballas (4:50)
5. Mara (4:51)
6. Underground Community (1:37)
7. Change Life (4:22)
8. Post Disaster (4:23)
9. The Horizon (5:20)
10. Waiting to Happen (6:17)
11. She Tries (4:41)
12. Night Comes Down (2:51)
13. Interrupted Broadcast (3:46)

Search HARVEST Underground Community lyrics

Search HARVEST Underground Community tabs

- Monique van der Kolk / vocals
- Jordi Amela / keyboards
- Jordi Prats / guitars
- Roger Vilageliu / bass
- Alex Ojea / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Underground Community Music

Early WorksEarly Works
Benson Records 1994
Nalin Inc - African Harvest - Kosmo - 2002 #83191 US $4.85 Buy It Now 38m 10s
Pallas - Shock Treatment - Harvest - 1984 #311654 US $4.85 Buy It Now 39m 27s
The Browns - Sing A Harvest of Country Songs US $10.61 Buy It Now 40m 15s
PINK FLOYD "MONEY"&"ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE" HARVEST STEREO #3609 UK 1973 EX- VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD "MONEY"&"ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE" HARVEST STEREO #3609 UK 1973 M- VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
Roy Wood - Boulders SHVL 803 UK LP 1st Press 1972 Harvest US $14.58 Buy It Now 1h 14m
NEIL YOUNG - HARVEST LP (FROM THE ORIGINAL ANALOGUE TAPES) (2009) US $42.15 Buy It Now 1h 46m
PINK FLOYD ~ ONE OF THESE DAYS b/w FEARLESS ~ ITALY HARVEST 1972 ~EX US $32.44 Buy It Now 2h 6m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER CD Shirt Crazy 001 US $5.66 Buy It Now 2h 8m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER CD Shirt Crazy 001 US $8.09 Buy It Now 2h 8m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER CD Shirt Crazy 001 US $24.31 Buy It Now 2h 8m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVES - BABY JAMES HARVEST [UK BONUS TRACKS] [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $27.50 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Deepest PURPLE 'The VERY Best OF Deep PURPLE LP Vinyl STEREO 1980 HARVEST US $14.32 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Single / DEEP PURPLE / HARVEST / US $150.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Harvest Sound - Vol. 2-Zadok Worship Series: Incandescent Bride CD US $23.83 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Michele Rosewoman - Harvest [CD New] US $11.40 Buy It Now 3h 5m
West Seven by Virgins (CD, Jul-2003, Harvest Media G... US $0.49 [0 bids]
Grin & Bear It by The Labels (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest - Live- Vinyl Double Album US $8.11 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest - Vinyl Album US $8.11 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest - Time Honoured Ghosts - Vinyl Album US $8.11 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - Live (CD 1991) British Progressive Rock US $11.35 [0 bids]
Roy Harper Flat Baroque And Berserk LP 1970 UK Harvest Vinyl A3/B2 ExEx The Nice US $69.95 Buy It Now 3h 33m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST loving is easy 7" blue vinyl record jukebox ready US $5.34 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Be-Bop Deluxe Drastic Plastic 1978 1st Harvest Press, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND! US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h
Harvest Time, Potluck, Good Explicit Lyrics US $8.64 Buy It Now 4h
Michele Solberg-Harvest Time CD NEW US $13.41 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Slip Treble: Barclay James Harvest : High Voltage Live 2011 US $28.36 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST everyone is everybody else CD 14 track featuring bonus tra US $11.63 Buy It Now 4h 34m
CHRIS ROBINSON BROTHERHOOD Phosphorescent Harvest 2x Vinyl LP 2014 NEW US $30.73 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Barclay James Harvest - Eyes Of The Universe - ECLEC2370 US $18.57 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World - 1976 #79757 US $4.85 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Be Bop Deluxe 1975 Harvest LP Futurama US $4.87 [0 bids]
Isaiah Six For the Harvest Volume 1 CD 1999 Christian Fellowship Center Revival US $8.99 [0 bids]
God Walks the Dark Hills - Harvest Time Quartet New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free US $18.53 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Barclay James Harvest - Brave New World (NEW CD) US $12.55 Buy It Now 5h 50m
LITTLE RIVER BAND - Diamantina Cocktail LP OOP 1977 soft-rock Harvest SW-11645 US $3.99 [0 bids]
RED HARVEST INTERNAL PUNISHMENT PROGRAMS 2-LP (2004) RED VINYL BACK ON BLACK US $12.96 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Neil Young Harvest Re-Issue Reprise Press, VG+, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $17.60 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Big Country(12" Vinyl)Harvest Home---COUNT 12-UK-VG/Ex US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Dolly Parton - New Harvest First Gathering - 8-track tape US $7.99 [0 bids]
Matumbi ?- Bluebeat & Ska UK HARVEST 12" US $8.09 Buy It Now 6h 25m
Barclay James Harvest - Octoberon (NEW CD) US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 28m
The Olms [Digipak] by The Olms (CD, 2013, Harvest (UK)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE SCORPIONS Love At First Sting / Album Cassette Tape/ Harvest 1984 / 293 US $8.09 Buy It Now 6h 29m
NAGLFAR(SWE)-HARVEST-2007-CD-Century Media Germany US $13.19 Buy It Now 6h 32m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - Vinyl LP- Octoberon, £4.99! US $8.09 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Finlay Morton - Harvest The Wind (CD 2012) US $5.92 [0 bids]
BE BOP DELUXE Live! In The Air Age HARVEST double LP British Art Rock Glam Rock US $5.99 [0 bids]
Keith Bruce " Harvest Time " CD 2012 Rock Country NEW US $0.10 [1 bids]
Electric Light Orchestra(Vinyl LP)The Light Shines On-Harvest-SHSM 2015-UK-VG/Ex US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Deep Purple(Vinyl LP Gatefold 1st Issue)In Rock-Harvest-SHVL 777-UK-VG+/VG+ US $57.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Barclay James Harvest - After The Day (NEW 2CD) US $17.42 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Soul Syndicate(Vinyl LP 1st Issue)Harvest Uptown-Jamaica-Ex/Ex US $57.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
DEEP PURPLE 7'' PS Strange Kind Of Sweden Harvest very rare Swedish 45 US $72.98 Buy It Now 6h 53m
DEEP PURPLE 7'' PS Black Night Spain Harvest J 006.91.714 unique 45! US $40.54 Buy It Now 6h 53m
DEEP PURPLE 7'' PS Black Night FRANCE Harvest 2 C006-91714 M French cover 45 US $32.44 Buy It Now 6h 53m
DEEP PURPLE 7'' PS Fireball Italy TOP CONDITION Harvest 3C 006-92988 rare 45!! US $72.98 Buy It Now 6h 53m
DEEP PURPLE 7'' PS Black Night Sweden Harvest 5020 RARE Swedsh 45! US $48.65 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Roy Acuff 78 rpm Record I'll Reap My Harvest In Heaven, 1943 US $21.50 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD Atom Heart Mother HARVEST LP Quadraphonic UK Pressing NM US $46.00 [9 bids]
PINK FLOYD Meddle HARVEST LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
CHRIS ROBINSON/THE C - PHOSPHORESCENT HARVEST [SLIPCASE] * - NEW CD US $8.94 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Alex Morph - New Harvest - Fenology - 2005 #165581 US $4.85 Buy It Now 7h 21m
DAVID MALONEY LP "THE HARVEST IS IN" FRECKLE FR-01903 US $0.99 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST LIVE: 1974 1st PRESS DBLE ALBUM/LITTLE PLAYED N/MINT REPRO US $11.34 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Triumvirat-Mediterranean Tales-Harvest 062-29 441-GERMANY PROG US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
RAY LUKE - A HARVEST OF 20TH CENTURY BASSOON MUSIC - NEW CD US $11.24 Buy It Now 7h 39m
TOM ROBINSON BAND SUPER MEGA RARE 2 4 6 8 MOTORWAY MONO HARVEST LABEL pink floyd US $9.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG Harvest LP VG+ gatefold w/poster US $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 54m
PINK FLOYD 7'' PS Nile Song France Harvest C006-04506 RARE cover 45 US $202.72 Buy It Now 7h 55m
PINK FLOYD 7'' PS Money Denmark Harvest 6 C006-05368 ULTRA RARE Danish 45! US $405.44 Buy It Now 7h 55m
ORIG. "JOE ENGLISH BAND"PRESS ON-CHRISTIAN LP-POWER OF PRAYER,THE HARVEST,STOP US $1.99 [0 bids]
8h
RALPH LUNDSTEN Cosmic Love SWEDISH HARVEST prog synth psych '76 original vinyl!! US $129.00 Buy It Now 8h 5m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST ONCE AGAIN (1971 VINYL LP ) US $27.55 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Barclay James Harvest - Millennium Edition [CD New] US $18.76 Buy It Now 8h 11m
RALPH LUNDSTEN ~ Cosmic love ~ HARVEST SWE-76 US $24.33 Buy It Now 8h 12m
PAT CULLEN II harvest rain LP VG+ JOR 7016 Vinyl 1978 Record US $21.60 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Boards Of Canada Vinyl "Tomorrow's Harvest" US $13.99 [0 bids]
BE-BOP DELUXE-AXE VICTIM-HARVEST RECORDS-SM-11689-1974 US $5.00 [0 bids]
Wire Pink Flag Vinyl LP Original Pressing Harvest Records 4076 PUNK MASTERPIECE US $28.50 [2 bids]
PINK FLOYD "TIME / US AND THEM" HARVEST 3832 7" RECORDED IN ENGLAND EX+ COND US $32.44 [0 bids]
ELONKORJUU - HARVEST TIME [ELONKORJUU] - NEW CD US $17.84 Buy It Now 8h 35m
ALPHAVILLE - First Harvest: Best Of 1984-92 (German pressing) US $6.99 [0 bids]
DURAN DURAN Hungry Like The Wolf Remixes 45 NM NOS On Harvest US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 43m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Nexus CD album NEW/SEALED US $8.09 Buy It Now 8h 47m
WIZZARD-SEE MY BABY JIVE-UK PRESS FC 45rpm 1973-HARVEST US $18.00 Buy It Now 8h 48m
PINK FLOYD Atom Heart Mother Orig UK 1971 HARVEST A3 B3 EXCELLENT !! US $16.20 [0 bids]
HARVEST .. VOICES .. MILK & HONEY LP 1984 US $3.25 [0 bids]
Red Clay Harvest by Cravin' Melon (CD, Jan-1997, Mercury) US $8.38 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Barclay James Harvest - Child Of The Universe: The Essential Collectio NEW CD US $8.19 Buy It Now 9h
BE BOP DELUXE sunburst finish SHSP 4053 A2/B2 with inner uk harvest LP PS EX-/VG US $17.82 Buy It Now 9h 5m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST turn of the tide POLD 5040 A1/B1 1st press uk LP PS EX/EX- US $16.20 Buy It Now 9h 5m
BE BOP DELUXE sunburst finish SHSP 4053 A3/B2 uk harvest with inner LP PS VG/EX US $17.82 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Original 1974 BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" 2383-286 US $6.24 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Red Clay Harvest - Cravin' Melon (CD 1997 Mercury) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Various Artists - Children Of The Harvest [CD New] US $16.29 Buy It Now 9h 11m
Distilled Southern Comfort vinyl LP 1972 Harvest Records EX psych US $28.00 Buy It Now 9h 14m
NEIL YOUNG HARVEST REPRISE RECORDS MS-2032 US $5.00 [3 bids]
Deep Purple Live In London LP Harvest UK 1982 Import + Inner US $33.96 Buy It Now 9h 31m

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Underground Community ratings distribution

HARVEST Underground Community reviews

Review by lazland
4 stars Released in 2009, this is a nice album available as a free download on the band's website, although I for one will be sending off for a copy of the CD. Classified as neo-prog on the site, it probably, in my opinion, sits better in crossover prog, but wherever we argue about where it should be placed, this is an accomplished and very good debut work.

As a piece of trivia, this band have supported Marillion on Spanish dates, and it is this wonderful band to whom Harvest clearly owe much in loyalty and influences, certainly in their very knowing way of writing and performing catchy and instantly accessible pieces of music. The second track, Beyond The Desert, is one of the best pieces of pop/prog I have heard in quite a long time, and on this, as, indeed, everywhere, lead vocalist Monique Van Der Kolk absolutely shines. Hers is a beautiful voice which adds so much atmosphere and flavour.

There is one cover, and that is of the marvellous Marillion track Waiting To Happen, from Holidays In Eden. This track was a highlight of a relatively ordinary Marillion album for me, and to hear it reinterpreted in a far less "in your face" way by this band is an enjoyable experience. In addition, there is a piano sequence on She Tries lifted straight from that all time classic, Brave, and is no less enjoyable for showing its influence.

All of the band perform extremely well. The guitar solo on No Return by Jordi Prats is particularly evocative, lifting a track that sits deep in melancholy.

There is a foray into prog folk territory, with clear knowing nods to post indie sensibilities, on The Story Of Tim Ballas. Indeed, as I mentioned at the top, it really is very hard to classify this album, aside from stating that it is a collection of extremely well written, well performed, emotional, and enjoyable songs. Perhaps my only criticism is that the forays into harder material, such as Mara, are not as effective as much else here. Harvest are, I think, a band who should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at.

Definitely one for those who, like me, are a sucker for killer female vocals, this will also strongly appeal to those who don't have to have epics on their prog albums, and also to Marillion fans curious to explore a little more the bands associated with them.

As for a rating, 3.5, but rounded up to four simply by virtue of the exceptional maturity displayed on a debut work. This is a band that is definitely one to watch in the future.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#449151) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars It happened that I downloaded this album after finding the link in the "Official Review Our Music" forum. It happened that I put it on my Mp3 reader and it happened that I totally forgot it. Then it happened that after "Harmonium", my reader started playing "Harvest" and I started wondering who they were, trying to identify them without looking on the display, also because that display is very badly lighted, very small and I had no glasses....

My first impression of the album, listened just once when I downloaded it was of good neo- prog but what remained in my mind after that listen was just a Marillion cover, and that cover was what helped me to remember the band, but it means that I have listened to the 9 previious songs with enough concentration and I have discovered an excellent band with very good songs well played and with an excellent singer.

In the end the Marillion cover (Waiting to Happen) is just a cover and the voice of Monique van der Kolk sounds too sweet respect to the powerful high pitches of Steve Hogarth, but that voice sounds excellent in the rest of the album.

Monique's voice is remarkable. It's probably the word "Autumn" in the opener that seems inspired to Prevert's poetry, but she makes me think to Heather Findlay but also to Megan Wheatley of Dan Britton's project "All Over Everywhere". Voice apart, the song is good. I have left the neo-prog subgenre since some years but I can still recognize the good neo-prog when I hear it. This is very good.

"Beyond The Desert" is colored of Magenta while the "cold electronics" of "No Return" make me think to an artist that I suggested and was rejected from PA a couple of years ago, Kate Havnevik.

"The Story Of Tim Ballas" is opened by a 12 strings guitar very similar to Bowie's Space Oddity. It's just for few seconds then they are back to their genre with a song still in Marillion's chords even if I hear a connection to Mostly Autumn also on this song.

"Mara" is different. It's a song on which one can guess that this band is Spanish (or better, Catalan). There's also more rock respect to the previous tracks. Surely is one of the less commercial.

After a short instrumental, that's the title track, that would have deserved to be exploited better, a piano introduces a mellow song that's too mellow for my tastes. Nice as background during a travel by car but nothing more.

"Post Disaster" opens with keyboard and drum machine for about one minute of progressive electronic, then when Monique starts singing she trasnforms it into an excellent song made of many different elements. Maybe Magenta is the best reference for this song

"The Horizon" sounds as a Marillion song of the Hogarth era but the chorus gives me an idea of Mostly Autumn again. It's one of the best album's songs. However it introduces quite well the cover mentioned before. "Waiting to Happen" is an excellent song and I have to admint that I prefer the original version even if this is everything but bad.

"She Tries" is another good song. We have bass and keyboards reminding to Marillion while guitar and vocals are closer to Mostly Autumn.

A short acoustic song follows: "Night Comes Down" must be mentioned mainly because of it's position in the album: I think it comes exactly in the best moment. A few of chill-out before the closure that's darker. "Interrupted Broadcast" is the heaviest track. After a piano that is able to give an idea of what will follow we have drums and distorted guitar, then piano and vocals again. Here I think to Porcupine Tree.

This is a very promising debut album. They still sound too much like their bigger influencer but have good original ideas, too. Some songs may appear too commercial but again, when the music is good being commercial or not does mean nothing to me. The impression is that the band hasn't still found its original sound, but when they will they'll have the potentiality to become big. Also this album is already better than some Marillion albums.

3.5 stars that I want to round up to 4. They have been a pleasant surprise in my mp3 playlist and I hope they will be a more pleasant surprise with their following releases.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#451242) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 23, 2011

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Barcelona is well known for producing some great Catalan Prog in the 70's, but it was time to give a shot to a ferw more modern-sounding groups during the millenium.So this is Harvest, formed in 2008 under female singer Monique van der Kolk, keyboardist Jordi Amela and guitarist Jordi Prats.After a 6-track demo drummer Alex Ojea and bassist Roger Vilageliu joined the project and in 2009 Harvest begun performing live (even supporting Marillion) as well as writing material for their debut.It was eventually a self-produced work on their own Red Phone Records under the title ''Underground Community'' with the cover artwork made by Antonio Seijas.

Armoured with a fantastic vocalist and an array of emotional melodies Harvest offered no less than 13 laid-back short tracks full of dreamy soundscapes, ethereal atmospheres and harmonic passages, strongly influenced by Hogarth-era MARILLION as well as the straighter tunes of female-fronted bands like MAGENTA, PAATOS, IONA or MOSTLY AUTUMN.Words can't describe Monique van der Kolk's sensitive, romantic and super-emotional chords and she is definitely the biggest weapon in Harvest'a array with her ethereal vibe and crystalline choirs.The music on the other hand is far from adventurous, this contains simple arrangements full of melodic/psychedelic guitars and very light background synthesizers (and occasionally organs), as it was seemingly written around Van Der Kolk's style of singing.The result is a mixture of light-weight Neo Prog with strong Post Rock passages and a few touches of Electronica, thus resembling the approach of PAATOS.The melodies are quite strong and the tracks rather memorable, always highlghted by one of the best female singers around, however the album faces a real problem in the abscence of any kind of diversity, as all tracks sound extremely similar, yet ''Underground Community'' hardly becomes boring along the way.There is also a nice cover version of MARILLION's ''Waiting to Happen'' from the ''Holidays in Eden'' album included.

Soft female-fronted Neo Prog/Post rock of decent inspiration, featuring a fantastic singer and above average atmospheres.Still I insist this band should make their sound more flexible in the future.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#812615) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 stars I am the first one to admit that female fronted fusion of AOR and Neo-Prog is not my cup of tea. Harvest is a Spanish band they have offered a free download of this album on their homepage in addition to selling normal CDs. See my interview with the band. Their music is very much a type of c ... (read more)

Report this review (#398336) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, February 11, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Harvest's "Underground Community" is a very nice album. It consists of 13 tunes, none longer than 6:18 - no long epics or suites. The female vocalist in places reminds me of the singer for The Cranberries (edit: or 10,000 Maniacs). This is very "accessible" music, unlikely to elicit any funny l ... (read more)

Report this review (#264313) | Posted by powerclam | Thursday, February 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Underground Community"