ATTACK OF THE GREY LANTERN

Mansun

Mansun Attack Of The Grey Lantern album cover

Buy MANSUN Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

1. The Chad Who Loved Me (5:02)
2. Mansun's Only Love Song (5:55)
3. Taxloss (7:02)
4. You, Who Do You Hate? (3:09)
5. Wide Open Space (4:31)
6. Stripper Vicar (4:05)
7. Disgusting (5:07)
8. She Makes My Nose Bleed (3:55)
9. Naked Twister (4:39)
10. Egg Shaped Fred (4:12)
11. Dark Mavis (8:36)
12. An Open Letter to the Lyrical Trainspotter (Hidden track at the end of track 11) (4:02)

Search MANSUN Attack Of The Grey Lantern lyrics

Search MANSUN Attack Of The Grey Lantern tabs

Dominic Chad - lead guitar, piano, backing vocals, synthesizer
Stove King - bass
Andie Rathbone - drums
Paul Draper - vocals, guitars, piano, synthesizer, production

MANSUN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MANSUN Attack Of The Grey Lantern Music

SixSix
Parlophone
MANSUN - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T2) US $11.80 Buy It Now 41m 21s
Mansun Five EP L/E Red Vinyl Poster Bag 7" US $15.26 Buy It Now 41m 23s
Mansun / Special Mini Album [CDS 1996] 8trk Japan Only US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
VARIOUS Rich Pickings II 12" vinyl (Sneaker Pimps Jonestown Mansun) US $14.43 Buy It Now 5h 15m
MANSUN Closed For Business 7" clear vinyl Sound Clip in Listing US $10.10 Buy It Now 5h 16m
MANSUN I Can Only Disappoint You CD US $6.70 Buy It Now 5h 16m
MANSUN She Makes My Nose Bleed 7" vinyl Sound Clip in Listing US $9.34 Buy It Now 5h 16m
MANSUN She Makes My Nose Bleed CD US $7.64 Buy It Now 5h 16m
MANSUN Legacy EP CD US $6.70 Buy It Now 5h 16m
MANSUN Being A Girl (Part One) E.P CD US $6.70 Buy It Now 5h 16m
MANSUN She Make My Nose Bleed 2 x CDs US $6.70 Buy It Now 5h 16m
MANSUN Closed For Business 4 Track CD US $6.70 Buy It Now 5h 16m
RE.4M"-" WORDSEYE \ACID REIGN*JIZZM*NEILA*MYK MANSUN**Left Coast HipHop* US $2.99 [0 bids]
Mansun - Little Kix (CD 2000) VGC US $3.97 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Mansun-She makes my nose bleed-1997 cd single US $4.24 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Mansun - Six (CD 1998) US $6.77 Buy It Now 13h 59m
CD Mansun Attack of The Grey Lantern US $7.64 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Mansun 7" vinyl single record Wide Open Space - White Vinyl UK R6453 EMI 1996 US $22.30 Buy It Now 21h
MANSUN - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF JD) US $7.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Legacy: The Best Of Mansun, , Good CD US $6.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Mansun Attack of the Grey Lantern CD US $5.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Assorted Rock + Pop Lot 10 CDs Crash Test Dummies Madball Len Mansun Take 5 Lit US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mansun - She Makes My Nose Bleed - CD Single / EP US $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
MANSON MANSUN TAKE IT EASY CHICKEN ~ UK 7" 1995 ~ SCI FI HI FI ~ INDIE BRIT POP US $76.39 Buy It Now 1 day
MANSUN ~ Little Kix ~ CD Album ~ Like New! US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MANSUN ~ Attack of the Grey Lantern ~ CD Album ~ Like NEW! US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NME Flavour Of The Label CD Beastie Boys Dr John Mansun US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MANSUN CLOSED FOR BUSINESS.CLEAR VINYL 7'' MINT US $3.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Mansun Attack of the grey lantern CD CDPCS7387 EX/EX UK US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mansun Legacy EP CD1 CDs CDRS6497 EX/EX UK US $15.85 Buy It Now 1 day
MANSUN_klx_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_q1 US $9.41 Buy It Now 1 day
MANSUN Wide Open Space UK white vinyl 7" in clear plastic sleeve with card inser US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Supergrass, Foo Fighters, Mansun, Sparklehorse, Blur, Radiohead - U.K. PROMO cd US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Mansun She makes my nose bleed 7" Red Vinyl R6458 EX/EX UK Limited Edition US $12.12 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN UK PROMO CD ELECTRIC MAN GATEFOLD SLEEVE US $4.67 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN TAX LOSS 1997 PROMO CD SINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE US $16.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Mansun - Negative UK 7" CLEAR VINYL US $8.47 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN - TWO EP - TAKE IT EASY CHICKEN (CASSETTE/TAPE SINGLE) MINT CONDITION US $15.26 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN - NINE EP - BEING A GIRL (CASSETTE/TAPE SINGLE) MINT CONDITION US $10.17 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN - I CAN ONLY DISAPPOINT U (CASSETTE/TAPE SINGLE) MINT CONDITION US $8.47 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN - FOOL (CASSETTE/TAPE SINGLE) MINT CONDITION US $15.26 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN SIX JAPAN CD OBI Y6147 US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN SIX JAPAN CD OBI Y6095 US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CD Album Mansun - Six [CD] US $4.04 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN - LEGACY: THE BEST OF MANSUN - 3716972 US $14.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Mansun - Wide Open Spaces (Remix) Tongs Toons #1 #15159 US $5.08 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN WIDE OPEN SPACE EP CD1 1996 WITH SKIN UP PIN UP US $5.08 Buy It Now 2 days
(BA195) Mansun, Fool - 2000 DJ CD US $4.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Mansun - Legacy EP - CD 1 of a 2 set US $4.57 Buy It Now 2 days
MANSUN wide open space CD 4 track part 1 b/w rebel without a quilt,vision impair US $13.77 Buy It Now 2 days
1997 - MANSUN - She Makes My Nose Bleed - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.26 Buy It Now 3 days
MANSUN - SLIPPING AWAY 7" VINYL PS US $11.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Mansun-1998 magazine advert US $8.47 Buy It Now 3 days
MANSUN Kleptomania Sampler MADE IN EUROPE w/ LIVE & UNRELEASED TRX PROMO DJ CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mansun I Can Only Disappoint U Promo cd single 1 Track US $6.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Mansun Being a girl partone CD 1,Being a girl part one Cd 2 CD singles US $6.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Mansun - Attack of the grey lantern UK CD US $6.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Mansun - Stripper Vicar - Ltd Edition Clear vinyl UK 7" single record R6447 US $13.56 Buy It Now 3 days
MANSUN - Little Kix - CD Album US $1.68 Buy It Now 3 days
(EB595) Mansun, She Makes My Nose Bleed - 1997 DJ CD US $3.38 Buy It Now 3 days
CASSETTE: MANSUN Attack of the grey lantern INDIE US $5.92 Buy It Now 3 days
Mansun I Can Only Disappoint U CD2 Absolutely Excellent Condition CD Single US $7.64 Buy It Now 4 days
MANSUN Slipping Away Limited 7 Inch Vinyl Single US $11.87 Buy It Now 4 days
MANSUN Attack of the USA RARE CARD SLEEVE ADVANCE PROMO DJ CD 1997 grey Lantern US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Mansun - Little Kix (2000) - Fast Post / Dispatch US $6.77 Buy It Now 4 days
MANSUN-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $5.08 Buy It Now 4 days
Attack of the Grey Lantern by Mansun (CD, Jun-1997, Epic (USA)) US $0.01 [0 bids]
JAPAN ONLY CD MANSUN TAXLOSS US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
1997 - MANSUN - Attack Of The Grey Lantern - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.26 Buy It Now 4 days
MANSUN - 1996 Magazine Poster US $7.64 Buy It Now 5 days
Mansun-1997 poster size press advert US $16.96 Buy It Now 5 days
Mansun - Six CD US $10.17 Buy It Now 5 days
Mansun - Attack of the Grey Lantern (CD Album 1997) US $1.68 Buy It Now 5 days
Mansun - Two EP UK 7" Take it easy chicken US $16.96 Buy It Now 5 days
Mansun - She Makes My Nose Bleed - U.K. cd - RARE! US $7.77 Buy It Now 5 days
MANSUN - Attack Of The Grey Lantern - 1997 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.64 Buy It Now 5 days
NME New Musical Express SAMPLER CD 1997 Mansun Mundy Reef Skunk Anansie Colours US $5.50 Buy It Now 5 days
MANSUN Japan 2000 NM CD+Obi LITTLE KIX US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Mansun Being A Girl CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
MANSUN SPECIAL RADIO SAMPLER 2000 JAPAN CD SEALED VERY RARE US $129.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Mansun-Taxloss CD 2 CD SINGLE US $6.77 Buy It Now 6 days
MANSUN I Can Only Disappoint You JAPAN 6 TRACK OBI 2000 PROMO US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Placebo / Dreadzone / Mansun / Longpigs / Smiths / Pulp US $11.89 Buy It Now 6 days
MANSUN - Taxloss - 3 track CD Single Pt 1 with poster. US $1.68 Buy It Now 6 days
MANSUN - TAXLO$$ REMIXES 12" VINYL TRANCE TAX LOSS US $10.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Mansun: She Makes My Nose Bleed CD Single 3520V US $3.38 Buy It Now 6 days
cd: MANSUN - TAKE IT EASY, CHICKEN SINGLE US $4.98 Buy It Now 6 days
CD: Mansun - Attack Of The Grey Lantern US $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MANSUN ~ ATTACK of the GREY LANTERN ~ CD ~ Mint / Near Mint ~ RARE 1997 US $5.95 Buy It Now 6 days
MANSUN / ATTACK OF THE GREY LANTERN US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Mansun : Attack of Grey Lantern CD (1997) US $3.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Legacy: The Best Of Mansun US $15.41 Buy It Now 6 days
Mansun - Attack Of The Grey Lantern (CD 1997) BARGAIN!! FREE!! UK 24-HR POST!! US $4.23 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy MANSUN music online Buy MANSUN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MANSUN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MANSUN Attack Of The Grey Lantern ratings distribution

MANSUN Attack Of The Grey Lantern reviews

Review by richardh
4 stars Great to see Mansun included in progarchives. I've been listening to them quite a lot recently and this album is top of my personal playlist. I just wonder how many bands would even consider doing something as ambitious as this on a first release? Probably very few. Track 1 'The Chad Who Loved Me' opens with a sweeping orchestral intro which reminds me of classic John Barry scores for the Bond films.The drums and bass join in before the guitar and vocals take over.Feels like you are in a dream as the strings take over and then finishes with some strange animal noises and what sounds like kids playing. Weird stuff as is much of this album. 'Mansuns Only Love Song' although containing some nice melody and vocal harmonies is not really a love song so this is a bit of a misnomer! The in-jokey nature of the title is typical of the album. 'Taxloss' is probably the best remembered of all Mansuns tracks.A very obvious Beatles pastiche recalling 'Tomorrow never knows' but with Mansun's weird sense of humour.Later destined to become a favourite of their live shows. The acoustic guitar intro on 'You,who do you hate?' wouldn't be out of place on a Pink Floyd album before the song takes a bit of a darker twist. I love this track to bits.The vocals and powerfull drumming stand out. Word War 2 air raid sirens help to add atmosphere. The track that introduced me to Mansun was 'Wide Open Space' and is still a personal favourite.The guitar and keyboards in the middle of the song are fantastic. This just works totally.See the video (UK version) and be very scared! 'Stripper Vicar' (another great song title) injects a bit of humour just at the right time.Good bright and breazy tune.''When a vicar strips he gets away with it!'' 'Disgusting' is another dark dreamy song like the opening track.Another good un that keeps the ball rolling. 'She makes my nose bleed' sees more orchestration and vies with '..Space' and 'Taxloss' for the best song on the album.Production is spot on and everything perfectly in place. 'Naked Twister' (do Mansun have ordinary song titles? ..answer NO) is pretty ordinary Indie stuff. Its around this time the album starts to run out of steam. 'Egg Shaped Fred' and 'Dark Mavis' are okay but don't really take the music anywhere.Nevertheless the first 8 songs make this a very worthwhile debut effort.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#265723) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 12, 2010

5 stars ALL HAIL BRIT-PROGS FORGOTTEN MASTERS. Occupying fairly lonely territory between brit-pop and prog, Mansun dropped two brilliant albums, a fairly suspect third one that ended up killing the group and a series of dazzling EPs in their brief but worthy career. I have possibly never been more s ... (read more)

Report this review (#272377) | Posted by Textbook | Tuesday, March 16, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Was this ever a surprise when it was released! Prior to this release Mansun had gained some commercial success in the singles charts with a couple of releases, notably Wide Open Space, which also gained large amounts of radio airplay. They seemed to be grouped by the media with other "Britpo ... (read more)

Report this review (#269192) | Posted by JonnyM79 | Monday, March 01, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MANSUN "Attack Of The Grey Lantern"