I - WITHIN DEEP DARK CHAMBERS

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Shining I - Within Deep Dark Chambers album cover

Buy SHINING Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Reflecting In Solitude (8:46)
2. Stonelands (8:58)
3. Vita Detestabilis (6:48)
4. Ren Djävla Angest (7:38)
5. Inisis (8:12)
6. And Only Silence Remains... (10:55)

Bonus tracks:
"Vargtimmen" (Hour of the Wolf) (3:21) (Bethlehem cover) (available on the
Osmose re-release)
"Endless Solitude" (6:32) (available on the Modern Invasion re-release)

Search SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers lyrics

Search SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers tabs

- Niklas Kvarforth / Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards
- Andreas Classen / Vocals
- Tusk / Bass
- Ted Wedebrand / Drums

Full-length, Selbstmord Services, 2000
First LP pressing was limited to 237 copies.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

SHINING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers Music

Peaceville UK 2008
III AngstIII Angst
101 DISTRIBUTION 2008
DIANA ROSS - One Shining Moment (CD 1992) 2-CD Set US $24.99 Buy It Now 35m 21s
dagor dagorath - yetzer ha'ra, old wainds nokturnal mortum shining darkspace fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
49m 44s
immortal remains - everlasting night, dark fortress abigor shining summoning fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
54m 48s
manatark - viimanegi veri, dark fortress abigor shining summoning woods of ypres US $5.99 [0 bids]
59m 48s
Richard Harris-A Tramp Shining 1968 Dunhill DS-50032 US $4.99 [0 bids]
sylvan realm - the lodge of transcendence, dissection fen woods of ypres shining US $5.99 [0 bids]
Manhattans Shining Star Ill Never Run Away From Love Again Col11222VG++(45-6908) US $3.57 Buy It Now 2h 2m
J DILLA The Shining EP Picture Disc Germany UNPLAYED ORIGINAL only 2000 made LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
JOHNNY CASH 8 TRACK TAPE From Sea To Shining Sea TESTED nw splce LIMITED EDITION US $6.69 Buy It Now 6h 8m
VG++/VG, 1988, Epic SGA T3, Skin Games - Brilliant Shining extended mix 12" EP US $3.37 Buy It Now 6h 30m
The Shining: True Skies - Disc Only CD Album 3697V US $2.52 Buy It Now 7h
LOVELAND/RACHEL MCFARLANE keep on shining BLOC 016 uk 1994 12" PS EX/EX US $15.17 Buy It Now 8h 12m
INXS - SHINING STAR (MERCURY 7") EP GATEFOLD SLEEVE US $2.03 [0 bids]
7" THE CHAPERONES "SHINING STAR/MY SHADOW AND ME" DOO WOP ORIGINAL US $16.50 Buy It Now 9h 25m
RICHARD HARRIS A Tramp Shining DUNHILL Stereo US $10.00 Buy It Now 10h 23m
LOVELAND-SHINING/HOPE-OLDSKOOL CLASSIC/RETRO @LISTEN@ US $10.15 Buy It Now 10h 23m
Sister Princess Melody Shining Star NEW first press US $9.99 [0 bids]
Earth, Wind & Fire - Super Hits (CD, Sony) Shining Star, Sing a Song, September US $2.45 Buy It Now 13h
LOVE:(w/Arthur Lee-Jimi Hendrix)Keep On Shining-Everlasting-U.K. 7" Harvest Demo US $98.98 Buy It Now 13h 22m
Ash - Shining Light CD US $8.46 Buy It Now 13h 31m
SHINING Angst - Självdestruktivitetens Emissarie CD 2002 AM Bethlehem Silencer US $49.00 Buy It Now 14h 10m
Shining Stars Ronco LP 1978 18 Original Hits KISS ABBA Manilow Vinyl Record US $4.74 Buy It Now 14h 45m
Barri Lovelight Shining CD US $3.93 Buy It Now 15h 28m
Catch a Shining Star Narm Clas : Catch a Shining Star : A New Generation of Clas US $3.96 Buy It Now 16h 5m
SAMMY DAVIS COUNT BASIE LP OUR SHINING HOUR VERVE US $16.25 Buy It Now 16h 11m
EARTH WIND & FIRE Best Of Vol. 1 CD Reasons, September, Shining Star, Singasong US $2.49 [0 bids]
DJ Fatal Presents: 2Pac "Shining Serpent" PROMO CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
RICHARD HARRIS "A Tramp Shining" ORIGINAL DUNHILL LP* Music By Jimmy Webb US $2.00 Buy It Now 17h 22m
CD Album Paul Simon - Greatest Hits : Shining Like A National Guitar US $12.17 Buy It Now 17h 30m
Earth, Wind & Fire-Shining Star (MINT-) US $6.00 Buy It Now 17h 50m
The Shining: Instrumentals [PA] by J Dilla (CD, Oct-2006, BBE) CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 17h 54m
THE CRANES Shining Road w/ RARE 7 INCH MIX USA PROMO DJ CD Single 1994 MINT US $34.99 Buy It Now 18h
SUNLOVERZ - Shining Song - 1-sided pre-release 12" US $17.95 Buy It Now 18h 7m
Shining - One One One NEW CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 18h 9m
DUSTY TAYLOR: My Shining Star / Idaho Waltz 45 (4 Star custom press) Country US $25.00 Buy It Now 18h 37m
MARGARET WHITING: The Sun Is Always Shining / Sorry 45 Vocalists US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 39m
Shining - Blackjazz NEW CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 19h 3m
Richard Harris LP A Tramp Shining Dunhill 50032 stereo US $5.95 Buy It Now 19h 12m
Another Shining Day by 13 Cats (CD, 1996, BMG Victor, Inc.) Japan US $3.99 [0 bids]
Shining IV The Eerie Cold Death BLACK Metal CD, 2005, Avantgarde AV082 1st press US $7.99 [0 bids]
GRAHAM GRACE-SHINING KNIGHT PALACE PRLP 701 NEW SEALED LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 19h 31m
britho de luz Ghetto Around The World CD SEALED Shining Light Band US $11.99 Buy It Now 19h 39m
INXS Shining Star Limited 7 Inch Gatefold Vinyl Single US $16.93 Buy It Now 19h 39m
CAL TJADER CD THE SHINING SEA CONCORD US $6.76 [0 bids]
various SHINING STARS KISS PATTI SMITH ET NEW SEALED LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Bob Marley : Rainbow country (incl. Sun is shining) CD US $4.59 Buy It Now 19h 52m
Various: His Shining Light CSP P 16924 Gospel Vinyl LP Record Comp SEALED US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 20m
MUNGO JERRY You Don'T Have To Be In The Army 7" 4 Tracks Inc The Sun Is Shining US $6.76 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Waking The Dead / The Shining Thrash Attack 2008 Netherlands Punk Hardcore Split US $16.99 Buy It Now 21h 48m
Citizens Patrol Demo 2006 CD reproach the shining out cold cardiac arrest nitad US $7.19 Buy It Now 22h 6m
The Chaperones 45 Shining Star/Cruise To The Moon Collectables #COL-0190 US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Graham Grace Shining Knight CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 22h 28m
Shining Fury : Last Sunrise CD (2004) US $3.25 Buy It Now 22h 42m
Johnny Cash From Sea To Shining Sea Columbia # CL 2547 Promo US $4.50 Buy It Now 22h 48m
Jump-5 Shining Star CD US $3.98 Buy It Now 22h 50m
Various: Shining Stars LP VG+/VG++ USA Ronco R2220 US $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 52m
New/Sealed 4 CDs 75 songs - FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA -Reader's Digest/Top Artists US $6.95 Buy It Now 23h 32m
Shining III Angst CD Tall Digi Version US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 43m
Shining: VI / Klagopsalmer CD 2009 Osmose Season Of Mist SOM 724 Jewel Case NEW US $13.95 Buy It Now 23h 54m
myrkvids draumar - we are war, silencer marduk shining nargaroth archgoat manes US $5.99 [0 bids]
dementia ad vitam - de gaia le poison, tristania evoken tiamat draconian shining US $5.99 [0 bids]
divizion s-187 - blood & fire, nargaroth nokturnal mortum hate forest shining US $5.99 [0 bids]
gonfanon - call to arms, satanic warmaster shining manes darkspace nocternity US $5.99 [0 bids]
Shining Hours in a Can by East River Pipe (CD, Jul-1995, Ajax Records) Ajax 041 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mcphillips, Lin My Shining Hour CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MARCIA HINES SHINING VINYL LP AUSTRALIA issue rock pop US $9.38 Buy It Now 1 day
INXS "Shining Star" DJ PROMO USA CD Single 1991 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist Hang a Shining Star CD US $5.86 Buy It Now 1 day
THE TALE OF THE SHINING PRINCESS - LP - LILLIAN GISH - sealed / brand new 1982 US $11.26 [0 bids]
Finley Quaye Sunday Shining 1997 Electrinic Remix 12" A Guy Called Gerald US $0.50 [0 bids]
WITHER Necropolis CD black metal xasthur katatonia shining forgotten tomb strid US $2.00 [0 bids]
Alicja-Pop Shining Apple - Walking The Cow 7" #9/100 Daniel Johnston Lost Sounds US $2.99 [0 bids]
Lafayette Gilchrist - Towards the Shining Path US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Eve & the Garden : Quiet Earth and Shining Stars CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sanctus Bellum - Shining Path [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Voce Chamber Artists - Sure On This Shining Night [CD New] US $23.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Houston,Janeanne - Shining Place [CD New] US $24.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Watson,Ira - Shining Star [CD New] US $15.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Crooked Jades - Shining Darkness [CD New] US $19.31 Buy It Now 1 day
INVISIBLE INC.-LET EM FRY/BLUE SHINING MOON - OZ 7"PIC/SLV VINYL - LILY DOIR US $14.07 Buy It Now 1 day
L`Avventura-Your Star Was Shining CD NEW US $11.63 Buy It Now 1 day
TECHNIQUE SUN IS SHINING Single Cd US $8.36 Buy It Now 1 day
Shining - "I/ Within Deep Dark Chambers" LP US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Finley Quaye-Sunday Shining [CD 1] [CD 1] CD Maxi, Single Very Good US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ALISON DURBIN "SHINING STAR" LP RECORD US $11.26 Buy It Now 1 day
7" SANDRA GRIMMS "SOMEWHERE THE SUN IS SHINING/HALLELUJAH ROCK N ROLL" REISSUE US $10.50 Buy It Now 1 day
SHINING STAR-ENTER ETERNITY-STILL SEALED CD-2005-Nightmare Records USA-original US $18.00 [0 bids]
(N445) Christopher D Ashley, We Are Shining - DJ CD US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
SHINING One One One VINYL LP GF SLEEVE NEW SEALED 2013 Universal (602537355495) US $11.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Diana Ross- One Shining Moment 7" US $6.78 Buy It Now 1 day
GILCHRIST LAFAYETTE - TOWARDS THE SHINING PATH - HYN9341 US $20.10 Buy It Now 1 day
BOYZ OF PARADIZE - SHINING STAR 4-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD SINGLE CS71 ## US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RAVENTALE Bringer Of Heartsore CD Depressive Black Doom Krohm Xasthur Shining US $14.55 Buy It Now 1 day
DORSEY BROTHERS ORIGINAL ORCHESTRA - THEIR SHINING HOUR - DESIGN RECORDS - VG+ US $5.49 [0 bids]
Sammy Davis Count Basie Our Shining Hour Verve label v-8605 US $15.00 [0 bids]
BLOODLINE (Swe) Hate Procession CD Naglfar Bewitched Setherial Shining US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MANHATTANS "Shining Star & I'll never run away from love again" 45 rpm US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB MARLEY soul rebel / sun is shining 10" VG+ ER2002-20 Vinyl 2004 Picture Disc US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMMY REED.BABY WHATS ON YOUR MIND bw SUN IS SHINING. 1957 VEE JAY US $16.13 Buy It Now 1 day
The Shining Original Soundtrack NM LP Wendy Carlos '80 penderecki ligeti bartok! US $229.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SHINING music online Buy SHINING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SHINING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers ratings distribution

SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars I - Within Deep Dark Chambers is the debut full-length studio album by Swedish experimental/ progressive black metal act Shining. The album has been released on both CD and LP. The first pressing of the LP version was limited to only 237 copies. Needles to say it´s a very rare release in that version. Shining made a very intriguing 7´EP release called Submit to Selfdestruction in 1998 and I´ve been pretty excited about how I - Within Deep Dark Chambers would sound.

The music on the album is atmospheric/ melancholic black metal. It´s quite repetitive in nature but never boring. The pace varies from slow to fast. The vocals are raspy and the instrumentation consists of drums, guitars, bass and keyboards. The songs are both heavy and very atmospheric. The songs are all quality compositions but not really outstanding IMO. If I have to complain about something it´s that the musicianship isn´t all that tight. Especially the drums seem untight at times. The production is raw and a bit primitive too and it will depend on your taste if you find this charming or a problem. I noticed that Ren Djävla Angest is a rewritten version of Endless Solitude from Submit to Selfdestruction. It´s also the first song in the band´s discography were the lyrics are in the Swedish language. Something Shining would investigate further on subsequent albums. The six songs on the album are all pretty long with playing times between 6 and 10 minutes.

I - Within Deep Dark Chambers is a good debut album by Shining and while it doesn´t exactly make my blood boil, there are nods toward future greatness that can´t be ignored. A 3 star rating is well deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#263648) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 31, 2010

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'I - Within Deep Dark Chambers' - Shining (4/10)

Here is the debut album, by the self-proclaimed suicidal black metal band Shining. Although I certainly prefer the band's later, more complex and experimental material, I've generally found that I can muster appreciation for just about any angle the realm of black metal has been able to throw at me. This is not to suggest that I have liked everything I have heard though, only that I am fairly indiscriminate when it comes to particular takes on the style. Shining was already established in my mind as being a great band by the time I found my way to listening to their debut 'Within Deep Dark Chambers', and with a 2011 re-release impending, there was no better time to check out this classic of depressive black metal than now. While I have found some easy favourites in this particularly introspective and dismal black metal scene, Shining's debut sadly fails to inspire me or my emotions in any major way, instead coming across to me as a rather generic piece of Scandinavian black metal.

Like much of the rawer black metal, the music Shining makes here on 'Within Deep Dark Chambers' is particularly repetitive, taking simple riffs and using them sometimes throughout the course of an entire song, changing things up here and there to keep it from being a total bore. Save for a few softer moments- which almost always come as a refreshment- the blastbeats are in full swing here, recorded no less in the sort of way someone might typically expect raw black metal to be recorded. The music and riffs are never really beautiful, but are certainly depressive; the endless repetition and generic nature of the record tends to wear thin before long.

Towards the end of the record, things do start to pick up, even ending on a higher note with a cover of dark metal pioneers Bethlehem, which is a pleasant exchange to cap off the album. Raw black metal certainly has its place, but Shining does little here to really inspire the imagination, although it is certainly not a complete failure. There is not much to grasp onto here so for anyone but fans of the less refined black metal sound, I would instead recommend the sort of things Shining has crafted later in their career.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#441375) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 01, 2011

Post a review of SHINING "I - Within Deep Dark Chambers"