I - WITHIN DEEP DARK CHAMBERS

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Shining I - Within Deep Dark Chambers album cover

Buy SHINING Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Reflecting In Solitude (8:46)
2. Stonelands (8:58)
3. Vita Detestabilis (6:48)
4. Ren Djävla Angest (7:38)
5. Inisis (8:12)
6. And Only Silence Remains... (10:55)

Bonus tracks:
"Vargtimmen" (Hour of the Wolf) (3:21) (Bethlehem cover) (available on the
Osmose re-release)
"Endless Solitude" (6:32) (available on the Modern Invasion re-release)

Search SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers lyrics

Search SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers tabs

- Niklas Kvarforth / Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards
- Andreas Classen / Vocals
- Tusk / Bass
- Ted Wedebrand / Drums

Full-length, Selbstmord Services, 2000
First LP pressing was limited to 237 copies.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

SHINING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers Music

Live: BlackjazzLive: Blackjazz
Indie Recordings 2012
VI / KlagopsalmerVI / Klagopsalmer
Season of Mist 2010
Richard Harris A Tramp Shining and Chicago XI 3 LPs US $15.99 Buy It Now 45m 52s
Wu Tang Clan SUNZ OF MAN Shining CD TRACKMASTERS MIX US $24.99 Buy It Now 50m 34s
CRANES "SHINING ROAD" LIMITED EDITION 2 x 7" SET US $7.81 Buy It Now 54m 11s
Shining - In the Kingdom of Kitsch You Will Be a Monster CD. Norway. Digipak US $16.31 [0 bids]
Jack Jones / The Shining Sea / A Day In The Life Of A Fool 45 rpm Record Vinyl US $6.00 [0 bids]
SHINING - EERIE GOLD IV NEW CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Magic of Healing Music by Bruce BecVar (CD, Jun-2003, 2 Discs, Shining Star) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
SHINING (80'S GROUP) working class hero 12" 3 trk b/w working glass dub and scap US $8.14 Buy It Now 1h 50m
SHINING (80'S GROUP) working class hero 12" 3 trk b/w working glass dub and US $8.14 Buy It Now 1h 50m
NORVILLE DOLLAR: My Star Stopped Shining Today / Everybody's Gotta Be Somewhere US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 57m
SAXON 747 (STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT) / SEE THE LIGHT SHINING 7" VINYL SINGLE US $4.55 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Carpathian Forest / Black Shining Leather ORG CD Mayhem Black Death Thrash Metal US $70.00 [0 bids]
True Skies by The Shining CD Verve Stone Roses US $0.99 [0 bids]
9x Ash maxis +full Orpheus/ Shining/ Jesus/ Polaris/ Gold/ Trail/ NuClear/ Melt US $38.24 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Apati - Morgondagen inställd i brist på intresse LP (Svart,Shining,Acacia) US $18.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
SLIM SMITH Keep the Light Shining LP NEW VINYL Kingston UK 180g Roots Reggae US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Apati - Morgondagen inställd i brist på intresse LP lim.100 (Svart,Shining) US $20.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Svart - Det Personliga Helvetets Spiral, new album (Acacia,Shining,Apati) US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
MORNING STAR, SHINING STAR BY MARCHAND MELCHER (CD) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Acacia - Tills döden skiljer oss åt (w/ members of Shining,Livsnekad US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
WINSTON MATHEWS SUN IS SHINING / INN KEEPERS ME FRIEND BANANA COXSONE RARE HEAR US $42.41 [9 bids]
Acacia - Tills döden skiljer oss åt DIGI(w/ members of Shining,Livsnekad US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
JERRY GARCIA BAND: "SHINING STAR" 2-CD. US $21.19 [0 bids]
Daron Hagen: Shining Brow, New Music US $13.46 Buy It Now 3h 35m
A Tramp Shining by Richard Harris - LIKE NEW (CD, Mar-1993, MCA (USA)) US $3.29 Buy It Now 3h 45m
LEE "SCRATCH" PERRY - THE SUN IS SHINING - NEW CD BOXSET US $8.38 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Mr. B - Shining The Pearls Factory Sealed Album cutcorner 1886 US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Bethlehem - Reflektionen Aufs Sterben CD New Shining Agalloch Silencer Skitliv US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Shining - Live Blackjazz Cd+dvd NEW 2 x CD US $21.98 Buy It Now 4h 33m
INXS - Shining Star GATEFOLD 4 Track with 3 live tracks US $8.16 [0 bids]
SHINING "Livets andhällplats" ORG cd Selbstmord 2001,Forgotten Tomb US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Shining Of Kliffoth - Twilight of Sehemeah (Rare Black Metal CD - 2000) US $4.88 Buy It Now 5h 30m
PRIMITIVES thru the flowers 12" 2 trk reissue b/w everything shining bright and US $8.14 Buy It Now 5h 48m
PRECINCT shining star 12" 2 trk b/w astral star (pash1232) pic sleeve uk passion US $8.14 Buy It Now 5h 50m
RICHARD HARRIS / A TRAMP SHINING 33 1/3 LP VINYL ON ABC DUNHILL DS 50032/VG+ US $7.98 [0 bids]
Shining - Live Blackjazz [Vinyl New] US $29.93 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Shining - Within Deep Dark Chambers CD 2013 reissue depressive black metal US $16.95 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Shining - Livets Andhallplats CD 2013 reissue depressive black metal US $16.95 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Earth Wind & Fire - Shining Star/Yearnin', Learnin', Columbia 45 rpm single US $5.75 [0 bids]
Various Artists Gospel Shining Stars CD US $8.93 Buy It Now 7h 30m
LOU MATERA: My Sun Is Shining/P's And Q's (PROMO disco vinyl 45 TPBO-7025) US $6.00 Buy It Now 7h 32m
4 CAL TJADER JAZZ LP'S Breeze From the East The Shining Sea Amazonas VIBES US $9.99 [0 bids]
SHINING OF KLIFFOTH - Twilight Of Sehemeah (CD, 2000) Black Metal, Angizia US $5.59 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Jerry Garcia - Shining Star 2 CD set sealed OOP NEW US $67.00 Buy It Now 8h
RANDALL BRAMBLET SHINING BIRMINGHAM 1-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS72 US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Super Hits - Earth, Wind & Fire (CD07) NEW SEALED Shining Star US $1.99 [0 bids]
SHINING PATH-UNDER THE MILKY WAY 3-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS356 US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
LETTERS TO CLEO - VEDA VERY SHINING 1-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS223 US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
MANHATTANS, THE: Shining Star/I'll Never Run Away From Love Again (R US $7.00 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Solaris Universalis by Patrick Bernhardt (CD, 1990, Shining Star Music). US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 33m
THEODORE CHANLER - SURE ON THIS SHINING NIGHT: 20TH-CENTURY ROMANTIC - NEW CD US $15.34 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Richard Harris A Tramp Shining LP NM Dunhill 50032-S Gatefold US $9.95 Buy It Now 8h 53m
JIMMY SOMERVILLE by your side 12" 2 trk shining mix b/w miss you like crazy mix US $8.14 Buy It Now 9h 3m
Gospel's Shining Stars - VARIOUS ARTISTS (CD) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 4m
TRIO LIVE OAK Star Shining On The Mountain MEDIAEVAL & RENAISSANCE SPAIN Exc US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Moonlyght - Shining CD Viking Moonsorrow Amorphis Ensiferum Wintersun US $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 43m
SILENCER death pierce me ORIG VINYL LP shining xasthur lifelover dsbm US $199.99 [0 bids]
SORTSIND vanvid ORIG VINYL 2-LP shining lifelover silencer make a change dsbm US $39.99 [0 bids]
NYKTALGIA peisithanatos ORIG VINYL LP shining lifelover xasthur silencer dsbm US $39.99 [1 bids]
LYRINX ending circle of ORIG VINYL LP nyktalgia shining lifelover xasthur dsbm US $24.99 [0 bids]
FORGOTTEN TOMB negative megalomania ORIG VINYL LP shining xasthur silencer dsbm US $19.99 [0 bids]
NOCTURNAL DEPRESSION reflections ORIG VINYL 2-LP shining xasthur silencer dsbm US $29.99 [0 bids]
WIGRID die asche ORIG VINYL LP shining lifelover xasthur silencer dsbm US $24.99 [0 bids]
SHINING Quicksilver / Dum Dum 10" Single #'d 2003 Zuma U.K. 2002 Brit Pop VERVE US $5.95 Buy It Now 10h 12m
?????? ?? SHINING ENERGY JAPAN CD+DVD OBI K488 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Cultes Des Ghoules - Henbane 1st press color 12" ffo Mgla Kriegsmaschine Shining US $55.00 Buy It Now 10h 49m
Rose Maddox - Billy Cline/Shining Silver, - 45rpm record on Capitol 4432 - 1960 US $0.99 [0 bids]
B.J. Thomas--Shining 1984 Vinyl LP Record US $9.50 Buy It Now 10h 54m
YVES LAROCK-LISTEN TO THE VOICE INSIDE-RE UNITED-SUN IS SHINING-REMIX PROMO CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
JOHNNY CASH NM From Sea To Shining Sea Columbia CL-2647 2-eye Near Mint album US $24.95 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Sammy Davis / Count Basie "Our Shining Hour" (S) US $11.99 Buy It Now 11h 21m
SKITLIV-SKANDINAVISK MISANTROPI-DIGI-shining-mayhem-black-good seed-trelldom US $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 30m
NORTHERN BRIGHT - SHOOTING FROM THE SHINING STAR - Japan CD - NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 14h 16m
gg 7":GG ALL STARS-jah light shining (hear) US $19.56 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Slowdive : The Shining Breeze: The Slowdive Anthology (2CDs) (2010) US $15.54 Buy It Now 15h 35m
Jimmy Reed ~45~ You Got Me Dizzy / The Sun Is Shining US $4.95 Buy It Now 15h 39m
CRUEL HUMANITY - Creatures Of Fear CD Amon Amarth Rotting Christ Shining US $3.67 [0 bids]
Bob Marley vs. Funkster De Luxe Remix - Sun Is Shining [RMX] (CD Single) US $5.69 Buy It Now 17h 51m
SHINING (METAL) - WITHIN DEEP DARK CHAMBERS [SHINING (METAL)] - NEW CD US $17.65 Buy It Now 17h 53m
INXS UK 1991 LIMITED GATEFOLD 12" Single Shining Star DiscNEW US $6.51 Buy It Now 18h 7m
DAVID ESSEX look at the sun shining 7" PS EX/EX uk wos US $11.40 Buy It Now 18h 22m
RICKY SCAGGS JAMES TAYLOR new star shining 7" PS EX/EX US $11.40 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Shining - 8 1/2-Feberdrommar I Vaket Tillstand [Vinyl New] US $40.62 Buy It Now 18h 36m
richard harris reel to reel a tramp shining dhx 5032 ex US $9.99 [0 bids]
FREDRO STARR AND JILL SCOTT SHINING THROUGH 12" OG '00 SAVE THE LAST DANCE MINT- US $1.99 [0 bids]
Shining Star - Enter Eternity US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 14m
Shining - Vi/Klagopsalmer [CD New] US $13.17 Buy It Now 20h 24m
TECHNIQUE Sun Is Shining PROMO CTP318 Creation Label 2 X 12" Vinyl Near MINT US $21.19 Buy It Now 20h 30m
SEALED THE BLUEGRASS CARDINALS LP - THE SHINING PATH (GOSPEL BLUEGRASS)!! US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Gail Wynters My Shining Hour CD w/ Joe Puma US $5.00 [0 bids]
Country Musume Shining Itoshiki Anata First Press US $8.99 [0 bids]
NEW WAVE/ Choir Invisible - Sea To Shining Sea (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 48m
Halloween Big Screen Thrillers CD Elm Street Friday 13TH Excorcist Jaws Shining US $4.94 Buy It Now 23h
SHINING - IV - THE EERIE COLD - CDVILED220 US $14.47 Buy It Now 23h 16m
VEIL--SOMBRE depressive black metal xasthur silencer shining abyssic hate US $7.99 [0 bids]
BOYD,BOBBY CONGRESS - The Sun Is Shining / There It Is US FUNK SOUL RARE GROOVE US $20.00 [0 bids]
Scion Success Jah Light Shining US 12"Roots Eclipse HCF-100612 Manifest Top Form US $9.77 Buy It Now 1 day
EARTH WIND AND FIRE Gratitude 2LP Live Shining Star 1975 Earth, Wind US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gappy Ranks - Shining Hope [CD New] US $13.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Richard Harris A Trap Shining Record US $10.49 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SHINING music online Buy SHINING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SHINING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers ratings distribution

SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars I - Within Deep Dark Chambers is the debut full-length studio album by Swedish experimental/ progressive black metal act Shining. The album has been released on both CD and LP. The first pressing of the LP version was limited to only 237 copies. Needles to say it´s a very rare release in that version. Shining made a very intriguing 7´EP release called Submit to Selfdestruction in 1998 and I´ve been pretty excited about how I - Within Deep Dark Chambers would sound.

The music on the album is atmospheric/ melancholic black metal. It´s quite repetitive in nature but never boring. The pace varies from slow to fast. The vocals are raspy and the instrumentation consists of drums, guitars, bass and keyboards. The songs are both heavy and very atmospheric. The songs are all quality compositions but not really outstanding IMO. If I have to complain about something it´s that the musicianship isn´t all that tight. Especially the drums seem untight at times. The production is raw and a bit primitive too and it will depend on your taste if you find this charming or a problem. I noticed that Ren Djävla Angest is a rewritten version of Endless Solitude from Submit to Selfdestruction. It´s also the first song in the band´s discography were the lyrics are in the Swedish language. Something Shining would investigate further on subsequent albums. The six songs on the album are all pretty long with playing times between 6 and 10 minutes.

I - Within Deep Dark Chambers is a good debut album by Shining and while it doesn´t exactly make my blood boil, there are nods toward future greatness that can´t be ignored. A 3 star rating is well deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#263648) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 31, 2010

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'I - Within Deep Dark Chambers' - Shining (4/10)

Here is the debut album, by the self-proclaimed suicidal black metal band Shining. Although I certainly prefer the band's later, more complex and experimental material, I've generally found that I can muster appreciation for just about any angle the realm of black metal has been able to throw at me. This is not to suggest that I have liked everything I have heard though, only that I am fairly indiscriminate when it comes to particular takes on the style. Shining was already established in my mind as being a great band by the time I found my way to listening to their debut 'Within Deep Dark Chambers', and with a 2011 re-release impending, there was no better time to check out this classic of depressive black metal than now. While I have found some easy favourites in this particularly introspective and dismal black metal scene, Shining's debut sadly fails to inspire me or my emotions in any major way, instead coming across to me as a rather generic piece of Scandinavian black metal.

Like much of the rawer black metal, the music Shining makes here on 'Within Deep Dark Chambers' is particularly repetitive, taking simple riffs and using them sometimes throughout the course of an entire song, changing things up here and there to keep it from being a total bore. Save for a few softer moments- which almost always come as a refreshment- the blastbeats are in full swing here, recorded no less in the sort of way someone might typically expect raw black metal to be recorded. The music and riffs are never really beautiful, but are certainly depressive; the endless repetition and generic nature of the record tends to wear thin before long.

Towards the end of the record, things do start to pick up, even ending on a higher note with a cover of dark metal pioneers Bethlehem, which is a pleasant exchange to cap off the album. Raw black metal certainly has its place, but Shining does little here to really inspire the imagination, although it is certainly not a complete failure. There is not much to grasp onto here so for anyone but fans of the less refined black metal sound, I would instead recommend the sort of things Shining has crafted later in their career.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#441375) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 01, 2011

Post a review of SHINING "I - Within Deep Dark Chambers"