I - WITHIN DEEP DARK CHAMBERS

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Shining I - Within Deep Dark Chambers album cover

Buy SHINING Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Reflecting In Solitude (8:46)
2. Stonelands (8:58)
3. Vita Detestabilis (6:48)
4. Ren Djävla Angest (7:38)
5. Inisis (8:12)
6. And Only Silence Remains... (10:55)

Bonus tracks:
"Vargtimmen" (Hour of the Wolf) (3:21) (Bethlehem cover) (available on the
Osmose re-release)
"Endless Solitude" (6:32) (available on the Modern Invasion re-release)

Search SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers lyrics

Search SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers tabs

- Niklas Kvarforth / Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards
- Andreas Classen / Vocals
- Tusk / Bass
- Ted Wedebrand / Drums

Full-length, Selbstmord Services, 2000
First LP pressing was limited to 237 copies.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

SHINING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers Music

V: / HalmstadV: / Halmstad
Imports 2007
One One OneOne One One
Prosthetic Records 2013
Blackstone * Shining Dark and Bright * CD * Hard Rock * XIII BIS Records * 2001 US $6.99 Buy It Now 46m 39s
SHINING / MONUMENTUM Split EP LTD 300 OOP Silencer Lifelover Ondskapt Bergraven US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
THE CRANES Shining Road 7" g/fold PS 1988 ex minus/vg+ US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Circa 'Sun Shining Down' DJ 12" DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS US $3.20 Buy It Now 2h 12m
SMITH, Slim - Keep The Light Shining (stereo) (reissue) - CD US $17.69 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Jimmy Page & Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) - Shining In The Light - Promo CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 2h 55m
CARPATHIAN FOREST Black Shining Leather CD SUPER JEWELCASE Norwegian black metal US $12.98 Buy It Now 4h 22m
E.K.O KEEP IT SHINING MOONSHINE RECORDS VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 22m
RICHARD HARRIS A TRAMP SHINING EMI RECORDS US $8.02 [0 bids]
CD BOB MARLEY Vs FUNKSTAR - SUN IS SHINING DE-LUXE REMIX x 4 MIXES! RARE UK US $1.59 [0 bids]
JOHNNY CASH 45 COL. PROMO 45393 SINGING IN VIET NAM - GOT A NEW LIGHT SHINING NM US $4.99 [0 bids]
TREMAINES 45 Jingle Jingle / Moon Shining Bright CASH Doo Wop NM Repro #BB1132 US $16.00 Buy It Now 5h 39m
JANE FROMAN My Shining Hour/If I Love You A Mountain CAPITOL 2496 45 rpm HEAR US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 42m
VEIL--SOMBRE depressive black metal xasthur silencer shining abyssic hate US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 47m
78RPM Columbia A2863 Lewis James, When Harvest Moon Shining/Henry Burr, All T wV US $2.97 Buy It Now 6h 19m
BOB MARLEY SUN IS SHINING THE REMIXES RARE Reggae TUFF GONG LP NM Sleeve EX 12" US $8.99 [0 bids]
Love As Laughter - Sea To Shining Sea RARE DJ-Only Promo Advance CD 2001 Sub Pop US $12.49 Buy It Now 6h 32m
GORDON GILTRAP - SHINING MORN (NEW & SEALED) CD 2010 Folk US $8.02 Buy It Now 6h 46m
DIANA ROSS one shining moment/when you tell me that you love me EM239 7" PS EX/E US $11.24 Buy It Now 6h 55m
GAPPY RANKS - SHINING HOPE - HCM50120 US $20.83 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Richard Harris A Tramp Shining 1968 Dunhill Records 33rpm lp Gatefold DS-50032 US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 7m
EARTH, WIND AND FIRE-SHINING STAR,THATS THE WAY OF THE WORLD 45 ColHoF VG+ NEW US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Glen Gray and his Orchestra MY HEART TELLS ME / MY SHINING HOUR - 78 RPM record US $9.00 Buy It Now 7h 24m
RAVENTALE 2010 After CD Depressive Black Doom Krohm Xasthur Nortt Shining US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Blackjazz - Shining New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.36 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Jackie Leven Shining Brothers Shining Sister DualDisc New and Sealed. US $9.95 [0 bids]
CRANES Adoration ESPERO Shining Road ADRIFT 4 CD Lot IMPORT Dedicated 90-94 US $11.50 Buy It Now 7h 49m
TWO MAGICS - Sun Shining - 12" US $17.03 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Darylectones - Hope Like A Bright Shining Face [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Oster-Welker Jazz Alliance - Shining Hour [CD New] US $15.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Joe Puma - Shining Hour [CD New] US $15.82 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Sammy Davis Count Basie Our Shining Hour Verve label v-8605 US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 15m
FINLEY QUAYE - SUNDAY SHINING CD SINGLE US $1.59 [0 bids]
LP~DORSEY BROTHERS,The~Their Shining Hour?Record 33rpm 12" Album Vinyl? US $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Shining-Iv - The Eerie Cold CD NEW US $13.29 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Lovelight Shining by Barri (CD, Jun-1995, Valley Vue) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Kay Starr Sings The Shining Star LP Record TOPS RECORDS US $2.00 [0 bids]
STUPORHERO - Last Star Shining - rock pop US $2.50 Buy It Now 9h 25m
JOE PUMA - SHINING HOUR NEW CD US $21.04 Buy It Now 9h 26m
HK Cd x 2 KELLY CHEN Shining Colorful 2002 ??? ????? US $38.00 Buy It Now 9h 35m
STEFAN GROSSMAN**SHINING SHADOWS**CD US $21.69 Buy It Now 10h 24m
Marcia Griffiths CD - Shining Time - with Shaggy - Beres Hammond - Hopeton Lindo US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
CJ Stone 12 inch single 33 RPM Vinyl Record - Shining Star - C J US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Sammy Davis & Count Bassie - Our Shining Hour In Shrink V-8605 Verve US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 47m
2 MANHATTANS 45S - SHINING STAR & KISS & SAY GOODBYE US $7.00 Buy It Now 10h 49m
ROSE MADDOX Shining Silver Gleaming 45 CAPITOL country US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 27m
Mike Craver - "SHINING DOWN" CD 2002 Album piano based, folk & show influence US $0.99 [0 bids]
Richard Harris A Tramp Shining Dunhill DS 50032 US $2.97 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Dave Evans - Bad Moon Shining [CD New] US $14.35 Buy It Now 11h 48m
Skin Games...Brilliant shining....import 12 inch single US $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 23m
Earth Wind & Fire 45 Shining Star/Thats The Way Of The World 1975 Columbia US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 34m
IV: The Eerie Cold by Shining *New CD* US $7.89 Buy It Now 13h
Shining Through the Rain by Percy Sledge, SEALED CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
SHINING - EERIE GOLD IV NEW CD US $16.72 Buy It Now 13h 21m
From Sea to Shining Sea (CD, Aug-2011, Altissimo) US $10.67 Buy It Now 13h 24m
INXS - Shining Star - Atlantic 4248, U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $15.73 Buy It Now 14h 7m
SHINING BLADE - Touch The Night CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 11m
SHINING FURY - Another Life CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 14h 11m
SHINING STEEL - Heavy Metal Shock MCD US $10.99 Buy It Now 14h 11m
SHINING STEEL - Heavy Rockers CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 14h 11m
JOHNNY CASH * SINGING IN VIET NAM TALKING BLUES & YOU'VE GOT A NEW LIGHT SHINING US $7.00 Buy It Now 15h 9m
LORD NELSON ~ Moonlight Shining Bright 45 CAMILLE 141 CALYPSO stereo US $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 11m
(DB306) Tobias, Knight In Shining Armour EP - 2011 DJ CD US $4.81 Buy It Now 15h 14m
Sunz of Man - Shining Star Remix 12" vinyl single wu-tang clan US $3.99 [0 bids]
STRYPER AGAINST THE LAW Two Time Woman Rock The People Shining Star Lady CASS. US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 37m
CHAPERONES: Shining Star (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $30.00 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Shining My Flashlight on the Moon by Christine Lavin (CD, Feb-1997, Shanachie... US $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 12m
Richard Harris ?- A Tramp Shining-1968-ABC/Dunhill Records ?- DS-50032-Gatefold US $9.99 [0 bids]
M -FLO - PLANET SHINING NEW CD US $27.54 Buy It Now 16h 30m
Richard Harris ?- A Tramp Shining RCA Victor ?- DS-50032 GATEFOLD US $3.25 Buy It Now 16h 34m
DUANE EUBANKS - MY SHINING HOUR [DUANE EUBANKS] - NEW CD US $14.77 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Duane Dee My Shining Hour Before The Next Teardrop Falls LP Album Promo US $11.00 [0 bids]
Debby Boone Boones dj promo 45 Motown When Love Light Starts Shining Supremes US $7.98 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Denny Zeitlin Shining Hour Live at the Trident LP CL2463 1966 Mono US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 29m
MARCIA HINES Shining LP US $8.80 Buy It Now 18h 22m
Sea to Shining Sea by Love as Laughter (CD, Sep-2001, Sub Pop (USA)) US $1.00 Buy It Now 18h 54m
Opus 3 Records "Erik Westberg Vocal Ensemble - A Star Is Shining" Hybrid SACD CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 19h 2m
LAYO & BUSHWACKA! - IT'S UP TO YOU (SHINING THROUGH) [SINGLE] - NEW CD US $7.06 Buy It Now 19h 52m
Daniel Teruggi - The Shining Space CD Electronic Experimental US $4.79 Buy It Now 20h 58m
Bob Marley - Sun is Shining 12" Vinyl record US $1.59 [0 bids]
JOHNNY CASH-From Sea to Shining Sea-Columbia-2Eye-12"-LP-67'-CS 9447 US $1.25 [0 bids]
NM 12"~SUNZ OF MAN~~BEENIE MAN~RAEKWON~Shining Star~[x4]~Intellectuals~[x2]~Cold US $1.97 Buy It Now 22h 31m
NM 12"~SUNZ OF MAN~OL' DIRTY BASTARD~Shining Star~[x3 Mixes]~Cold~[x3]~[1998]~ US $3.90 Buy It Now 22h 36m
Gappy Ranks - Shining Hope CD Pop Reggae US $17.33 Buy It Now 22h 59m
MARCIA HINES - SHINING - OZ LP US $9.68 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Manhattans,Shining Star.CBS label,S CBS 8624.7" Soul 45. US $6.35 Buy It Now 1 day
SHINING - MARCIA HINES LP record US $2.63 Buy It Now 1 day
VIOLENT J - SHINING NEW CD US $11.67 Buy It Now 1 day
TIGER Shining In The Wood 7" Vinyl Fierce Panda LOW US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Shining Time 0054645169820, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $18.82 Buy It Now 1 day
7" Vinyl Promo Copy INXS 'Shining Star RARE MINT 1991 Advance DJ Copy Only INXS US $132.53 Buy It Now 1 day
JANIE FRICKE - Blue Sky Shining - Excellent Condition 7" Single CBS A 1146 US $6.42 Buy It Now 1 day
FODEN'S MOTOR WORKS BAND - VARIATIONS ON THE SHINING RIVER - 7" VINYL - PAXTON US $8.04 [0 bids]
Vintage 78 1944, Glen Gray "My Heart Tells Me" "My Shining Hour" DECCA 18567 US $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Richard Harris - Tramp Shining CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 1 day
INXS Shining Star + 3 live Uk Gatefold 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
INXS Shining Star + 3 live US 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Evans - Bad Moon Shining CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Fragments Of Unbecoming - Sterling Black Icon-Chapter Iii-Black But Shining CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 1 day
(NEW!!) CD VIOLENT J THE SHINING INSANE CLOWN POSSE ICP ~ JUGGALO RAP!! US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SHINING music online Buy SHINING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SHINING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers ratings distribution

SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars I - Within Deep Dark Chambers is the debut full-length studio album by Swedish experimental/ progressive black metal act Shining. The album has been released on both CD and LP. The first pressing of the LP version was limited to only 237 copies. Needles to say it´s a very rare release in that version. Shining made a very intriguing 7´EP release called Submit to Selfdestruction in 1998 and I´ve been pretty excited about how I - Within Deep Dark Chambers would sound.

The music on the album is atmospheric/ melancholic black metal. It´s quite repetitive in nature but never boring. The pace varies from slow to fast. The vocals are raspy and the instrumentation consists of drums, guitars, bass and keyboards. The songs are both heavy and very atmospheric. The songs are all quality compositions but not really outstanding IMO. If I have to complain about something it´s that the musicianship isn´t all that tight. Especially the drums seem untight at times. The production is raw and a bit primitive too and it will depend on your taste if you find this charming or a problem. I noticed that Ren Djävla Angest is a rewritten version of Endless Solitude from Submit to Selfdestruction. It´s also the first song in the band´s discography were the lyrics are in the Swedish language. Something Shining would investigate further on subsequent albums. The six songs on the album are all pretty long with playing times between 6 and 10 minutes.

I - Within Deep Dark Chambers is a good debut album by Shining and while it doesn´t exactly make my blood boil, there are nods toward future greatness that can´t be ignored. A 3 star rating is well deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#263648) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 31, 2010

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'I - Within Deep Dark Chambers' - Shining (4/10)

Here is the debut album, by the self-proclaimed suicidal black metal band Shining. Although I certainly prefer the band's later, more complex and experimental material, I've generally found that I can muster appreciation for just about any angle the realm of black metal has been able to throw at me. This is not to suggest that I have liked everything I have heard though, only that I am fairly indiscriminate when it comes to particular takes on the style. Shining was already established in my mind as being a great band by the time I found my way to listening to their debut 'Within Deep Dark Chambers', and with a 2011 re-release impending, there was no better time to check out this classic of depressive black metal than now. While I have found some easy favourites in this particularly introspective and dismal black metal scene, Shining's debut sadly fails to inspire me or my emotions in any major way, instead coming across to me as a rather generic piece of Scandinavian black metal.

Like much of the rawer black metal, the music Shining makes here on 'Within Deep Dark Chambers' is particularly repetitive, taking simple riffs and using them sometimes throughout the course of an entire song, changing things up here and there to keep it from being a total bore. Save for a few softer moments- which almost always come as a refreshment- the blastbeats are in full swing here, recorded no less in the sort of way someone might typically expect raw black metal to be recorded. The music and riffs are never really beautiful, but are certainly depressive; the endless repetition and generic nature of the record tends to wear thin before long.

Towards the end of the record, things do start to pick up, even ending on a higher note with a cover of dark metal pioneers Bethlehem, which is a pleasant exchange to cap off the album. Raw black metal certainly has its place, but Shining does little here to really inspire the imagination, although it is certainly not a complete failure. There is not much to grasp onto here so for anyone but fans of the less refined black metal sound, I would instead recommend the sort of things Shining has crafted later in their career.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#441375) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 01, 2011

Post a review of SHINING "I - Within Deep Dark Chambers"