I - WITHIN DEEP DARK CHAMBERS

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Shining I - Within Deep Dark Chambers album cover

Buy SHINING Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Reflecting In Solitude (8:46)
2. Stonelands (8:58)
3. Vita Detestabilis (6:48)
4. Ren Djävla Angest (7:38)
5. Inisis (8:12)
6. And Only Silence Remains... (10:55)

Bonus tracks:
"Vargtimmen" (Hour of the Wolf) (3:21) (Bethlehem cover) (available on the
Osmose re-release)
"Endless Solitude" (6:32) (available on the Modern Invasion re-release)

Search SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers lyrics

Search SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers tabs

- Niklas Kvarforth / Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards
- Andreas Classen / Vocals
- Tusk / Bass
- Ted Wedebrand / Drums

Full-length, Selbstmord Services, 2000
First LP pressing was limited to 237 copies.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

SHINING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers Music

Livets AndhallplatsLivets Andhallplats
Modern Invasion 2006
IV: Eerie ColdIV: Eerie Cold
Peaceville UK 2008
TEN BROKEN HEARTS: Shining Star 45 (sl lbl wear) Vocal Groups US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Guillaume Connesson: Cosmic Trilogy; The Shining One Super Audio Hybrid CD... US $12.72 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Shining Lights CD Christmas Platters Gene Autry Jerry Butler Clooney Armstrong US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
BY GEORGE & CO Layers & Layers When lovelight shining through her eyes Veep US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Dunhill "Richard Harris - A Tramp Shining" Record (33) US $0.99 [0 bids]
EARTH, WING & FIRE YEARNIN' LERNIN'/SHINING STAR 1975 45 RPM COLUMBIA 3-10090 US $2.98 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Marcia Hines - Shining - 1976 LP US $7.48 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Improve the Shining Hour, Lucas, Gary, Very Good US $4.22 Buy It Now 2h 21m
(55H) Gramercy Arms, Shining Bright - DJ CD US $4.10 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Shining Star by Jump-5 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
INXS Shining Star AUSSIE 12" EP w/PS Michael Hutchence Live Tracks US $17.77 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Jackie Leven - Shining Brother, Shining Sister (UK) CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Reader's Digest ~ From Sea To Shining Sea ~ 4-Disc CD Set with 31 Pages Booklet US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h
Dujka Brothers Shining Up Old Favorites New Polka CD !! US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
SKITLIV Skandinavisk Misantropi SHINING MAYHEM TRELLDOM US $12.00 Buy It Now 7h 41m
3?)JAPAN PRESS CD CHOSHINSEI Shining Star US $6.00 [0 bids]
SHINING "DARKROOM SESSIONS" ORIGINAL PRESSING MAYHEM/BURZUM US $49.78 Buy It Now 9h 8m
SIM REDMOND BAND shining through +1 JAPAN CD HV30 US $5.49 Buy It Now 10h
Shining UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) VS96912 VIRGIN 1987 US $24.59 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Blackstrobe - Shining Bright Star - 2006 #205935 US $8.35 Buy It Now 10h 19m
ALTON EDWARDS - Shining Light - 12" Single US $6.68 Buy It Now 10h 40m
The Shining(10" Vinyl)Young Again-Zuma-ZUMA 003-UK-VG+/Ex US $21.29 Buy It Now 11h 30m
BOB MARLEY_Funkstar De Luxe_Sun Is Shining_used CD single CD-S_ships from AUS! US $9.36 Buy It Now 11h 54m
THE WALLS TO THE BRIGHT AND SHINING SUN ** CD SINGLE ** US $8.88 Buy It Now 11h 57m
Shining Moments - Ja (2012, CD New) US $14.28 Buy It Now 12h 22m
Ja - Shining Moments [CD New] US $26.99 Buy It Now 12h 22m
Sunday Shining [CD 1] [CD 1], Finley Quaye, Good Single US $2.12 Buy It Now 12h 30m
(307A) Pate No 1 ft Lara Zola, Keep Shining - DJ CD US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 3m
BOB MARLEY VS FUNKSTAR DE LUXE REMIX - SUN IS SHINING CD SINGLE US $3.31 Buy It Now 13h 25m
DAVID ESSEX - Look At The Sun Shining (UK 2 Tk 1988 7" Single PS) US $4.67 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Chanticleer,Harp Consort,SEALED CD,Catch a Shining Star,Ramon Vargas,James Ehnes US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 54m
Reed Jimmy - The Sun Is Shining NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 14h 4m
MANHATTANS 'SHINING STAR' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.33 Buy It Now 14h 9m
Perry Lee - The Sun Is Shining NEW CD US $9.97 Buy It Now 14h 36m
Gail Wynters - My Shining Hour US $6.68 Buy It Now 14h 40m
Shining Bright: Songs Of Lal & - Various NEW CD US $11.88 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Harry Secome - When the stars were brightly shining / On with the Motley VG (7') US $6.01 Buy It Now 14h 54m
HOLY BLOOD - SHINING SUN (2010, CD) Christian Death Folk Metal US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 9m
(C582) The Low Lows, Shining Violence - DJ CD US $7.11 Buy It Now 15h 25m
I Wonder How, Shining, Good Single US $2.12 Buy It Now 15h 39m
INXS SHINING STAR 7" SINGLE IN GATEFOLD PICTURE SLEEVE US $8.35 Buy It Now 16h 55m
Long John Baldry Sun Comes Shining '68 45rpm VG++ PROMO US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 23m
DORSEY BROTHERS ORIGINAL ORCHESTRA, SHINING HOUR AND IN PERSON US $19.99 [0 bids]
DUANE EUBANKS - MY SHINING HOUR NEW CD US $22.38 Buy It Now 17h 40m
CYNDI WANG ??? Shining 2005 ?? ??+???? Taiwan w/box CD+DVD+Autographed ?? Best US $34.99 Buy It Now 18h
Skitliv-Skandinavisk Misantropi Mayhem Shining Haust Woe Cobalt black metal US $13.00 Buy It Now 18h 12m
HANNE BOEL - THE SHINING OF THINGS * - NEW CD US $18.33 Buy It Now 18h 28m
A Tramp Shining by Richard Harris (CD, Mar-1993, MCA (USA)) US $3.49 [0 bids]
Forgotten Tomb - ...and Don't Deliver Us from Evil T-SHIRT L Bethlehem Shining US $23.00 Buy It Now 19h 35m
Albion Band The - Light Shining NEW CD US $17.35 Buy It Now 19h 36m
Martin101 - I See Ya Shining - Deep 6 - 2001 #66485 US $8.35 Buy It Now 20h 13m
Fade 2 End - Quiet Storm - Shining Path - 1996 #394947 US $8.35 Buy It Now 20h 13m
Weekend World - Sunday Shining - Weekend World #54262 US $8.35 Buy It Now 20h 13m
Gilchrist Lafayette - Towards The Shining Path NEW CD US $18.25 Buy It Now 20h 26m
Shining Angel of the Diamond Mind by Shawndeya (CD 2005) HARP and nature sounds. US $7.90 Buy It Now 20h 33m
CHILDREN'S CLASSIC LP THE TALE OF THE SHINING PRINCESS US $3.99 [0 bids]
NAMI TAMAKI ???? Shining Star 2004 Japan w/obi CD Single ??????????-High School US $10.99 Buy It Now 20h 35m
KANJANI8 8 EIGHT ????? Kan Fu Fighting ????????? 2006 Japan CD Single Shining US $13.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
JOHNNY CASH FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA US $2.00 [0 bids]
EARTH WIND & FIRE cd BEST OF VOL 1 "shining star FANTASY september THATS THE WAY US $2.50 Buy It Now 21h 4m
SHINING LIVETS ANDHALLPLATS,LP,1-ST PRESS,ULTRA RARE US $70.00 [0 bids]
Lemon Brian/trio - My Shining Hour NEW CD US $18.40 Buy It Now 21h 17m
THE TORPEDOES The Sun Was Shining ATMAN Island Calypso Soul Funky 45 HEAR US $8.99 [0 bids]
FRENCH SOUL FUNK 45 Bobby Boyd Congress-the sun is shining AZ FR;RARE'72;LISTEN! US $9.99 [0 bids]
BLACK GOSPEL - THE GOSPEL SHINING STARS A Reason To Smile SEALED J US $24.99 Buy It Now 23h 27m
PONSELLE - GRANDI - GIGLI -THE STARS WERE SHINING VOLUME TWO- SYMPOSIUM US $1.66 [0 bids]
El Resplandor/The Shining In - Nettle New & Sealed CD US $21.52 Buy It Now 23h 39m
THE STARS WERE SHINING VOL 1 - BORGIOLI - CROOKS - DE LUCA - PEERCE - MELCHIOR US $1.66 [0 bids]
LEE PERRY - SUN IS SHINING NEW CD US $22.38 Buy It Now 23h 50m
Johnny Cash "From Sea to Shining Sea" vinyl LP rare PROMO mono Columbia CS 9447 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lots of Girls Gonna Get Hurt Shining CD US $9.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Naoko Aoki - GET SHINING PLACE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
013 JAH LAMY & JAH VINY-THE LIGHT IS SHINING ON ME-LAMY'S RECORD- REGGAE 45 7" US $69.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Larry Coryell - Shining Hour CD SEALED NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALLISON DURBIN " SHINING STAR " LP 1970s POP US $5.60 Buy It Now 1 day
(BZ338) The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, The Sun Ain't Shining No More - 2008 DJ CD US $4.60 Buy It Now 1 day
(BZ411) Gramercy Arms, Shining Bright - 2008 DJ CD US $4.60 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW! Jerry Garcia Band: Shining Star (2CD) OOP Grateful Dead Kahn / Seals NEW! US $49.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Shining Hour Denny Zeitlin Trio Live At The Trident LP Columbia 360 Sound 1965 US $41.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Suishou No Fune - The Shining Star - Live * New CD US $12.15 Buy It Now 1 day
45RPM Manhattans Shining Star & 426el US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Paul Simon - Shining Like A National Guitar Greatest Hits / TH Cassette US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GORDON,STEPHEN - I HAVE SEEN YOUR SHINING SPIRIT [CD NEW] US $15.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Barry Melton (Country Joe & Fish) "The Bright Sun Is Shining" Vanguard 1970 Solo US $25.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SHINING LINE - S/T Cd German release US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SUNZ OF MAN shining star OL DIRTY BASTARD/WYCLEF + 12" RECORD US $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Richard Harris...."A Tramp Shining"....LP US $7.95 [0 bids]
Factory Sealed LP Johnny Cash ~ From Sea To Shining Sea Columbia 2647 US $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SHINING THROUGH US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Album: My Shining One & Son Of The Mouming US $6.93 [0 bids]
The Mudmen - Tuff Trax Volume Iii - Shining Path #25001 US $8.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Ataraxie Slow Transcending Agony LP Bethlehem Shining Lifelover Forgotten Tomb US $66.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Circle Of Ouroborus Gehenna Lonndom Ondskapt Samael Satyricon Shining LP BOX CD US $4,412.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ciao My Shining Star - The Songs Of Mark Mulcahy NEW CD US $18.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Perry,Lee - Sun Is Shining [CD New] US $10.93 Buy It Now 1 day
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour The sun ain't shining no more Promo CD Single US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEFAN GROSSMAN - SHINING SHADOWS - NEW CD US $12.75 Buy It Now 1 day
, Audio CD, Peter Scott Lewis: River Shining Through US $10.55 Buy It Now 1 day
MARCIA HINES Shining ~ 1976 Oz Northern Soul/Funk (Australian) LP US $21.05 Buy It Now 1 day
INXS SHINING STAR 1991 CD Single NearMINT US $4.60 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SHINING music online Buy SHINING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SHINING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers ratings distribution

SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars I - Within Deep Dark Chambers is the debut full-length studio album by Swedish experimental/ progressive black metal act Shining. The album has been released on both CD and LP. The first pressing of the LP version was limited to only 237 copies. Needles to say it´s a very rare release in that version. Shining made a very intriguing 7´EP release called Submit to Selfdestruction in 1998 and I´ve been pretty excited about how I - Within Deep Dark Chambers would sound.

The music on the album is atmospheric/ melancholic black metal. It´s quite repetitive in nature but never boring. The pace varies from slow to fast. The vocals are raspy and the instrumentation consists of drums, guitars, bass and keyboards. The songs are both heavy and very atmospheric. The songs are all quality compositions but not really outstanding IMO. If I have to complain about something it´s that the musicianship isn´t all that tight. Especially the drums seem untight at times. The production is raw and a bit primitive too and it will depend on your taste if you find this charming or a problem. I noticed that Ren Djävla Angest is a rewritten version of Endless Solitude from Submit to Selfdestruction. It´s also the first song in the band´s discography were the lyrics are in the Swedish language. Something Shining would investigate further on subsequent albums. The six songs on the album are all pretty long with playing times between 6 and 10 minutes.

I - Within Deep Dark Chambers is a good debut album by Shining and while it doesn´t exactly make my blood boil, there are nods toward future greatness that can´t be ignored. A 3 star rating is well deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#263648) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 31, 2010

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'I - Within Deep Dark Chambers' - Shining (4/10)

Here is the debut album, by the self-proclaimed suicidal black metal band Shining. Although I certainly prefer the band's later, more complex and experimental material, I've generally found that I can muster appreciation for just about any angle the realm of black metal has been able to throw at me. This is not to suggest that I have liked everything I have heard though, only that I am fairly indiscriminate when it comes to particular takes on the style. Shining was already established in my mind as being a great band by the time I found my way to listening to their debut 'Within Deep Dark Chambers', and with a 2011 re-release impending, there was no better time to check out this classic of depressive black metal than now. While I have found some easy favourites in this particularly introspective and dismal black metal scene, Shining's debut sadly fails to inspire me or my emotions in any major way, instead coming across to me as a rather generic piece of Scandinavian black metal.

Like much of the rawer black metal, the music Shining makes here on 'Within Deep Dark Chambers' is particularly repetitive, taking simple riffs and using them sometimes throughout the course of an entire song, changing things up here and there to keep it from being a total bore. Save for a few softer moments- which almost always come as a refreshment- the blastbeats are in full swing here, recorded no less in the sort of way someone might typically expect raw black metal to be recorded. The music and riffs are never really beautiful, but are certainly depressive; the endless repetition and generic nature of the record tends to wear thin before long.

Towards the end of the record, things do start to pick up, even ending on a higher note with a cover of dark metal pioneers Bethlehem, which is a pleasant exchange to cap off the album. Raw black metal certainly has its place, but Shining does little here to really inspire the imagination, although it is certainly not a complete failure. There is not much to grasp onto here so for anyone but fans of the less refined black metal sound, I would instead recommend the sort of things Shining has crafted later in their career.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#441375) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 01, 2011

Post a review of SHINING "I - Within Deep Dark Chambers"