ASYLUM

Longshot

Longshot Asylum album cover

Buy LONGSHOT Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Asylum Overture (13:08)
2. The Deleted File (12:07)
3. Miracle Man (5:10)
4. The Balad Of Peter Blackfrog (15:19)
5. Endless (8:47)
6. Welcome To The Mind Surgery Clinic (16:06)
7. Armageddon (5:02)

Search LONGSHOT Asylum lyrics

Search LONGSHOT Asylum tabs

- Michael Reese / keyboards & vocals & backing vocals
- Phil Wake / guitars & backing vocals
- Freddy Lynn / bass & double-bass
- Ben Larson / drums & percussions

LONGSHOT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LONGSHOT Asylum Music

Open Mouths FedOpen Mouths Fed
E.V. Productions 2005
Civil War Pt. 2Civil War Pt. 2
EV Records 2009
SacrificeSacrifice
Molemen 2004
Megson - Longshot [CD New] US $16.75 Buy It Now 9h 13m
SEALED ENHANCED CD LONGSHOT SOUNDTRACK O-TOWN LFO NSYNC TAKE 5 SEE ALL MUSIC US $7.00 Buy It Now 10h 7m
Longshot - Original Soundtrack, Various Artists; Various Artists [Performer] US $3.98 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Longshot, Various Artists, Original Soundt, New Soundtrack US $21.05 Buy It Now 11h 46m
Longshot, Various Artists, Original Soundt, New Soundtrack US $3.92 Buy It Now 11h 52m
Longshot, Various Artists, Original Soundt, Excellent Soundtrack US $3.53 Buy It Now 11h 52m
Longshot by Original Soundtrack, Complete, Awesome CD!! US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 36m
Megson - Longshot CD US $35.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Longshot - Open Mouths Fed (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Copperpot - Chapter Seven (2004 CD US Hip Hop Braintax Longshot Akbar) US $2.78 [0 bids]
Longshot LFO NSYNC ~ C.D. Los Mejores Exitos Original Motion Picture Sound Trk US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Longshot, New Music US $22.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Longshot by Various Artists (2002) US $2.17 Buy It Now 2 days
Longshot by Original Soundtrack (CD, Mar-2002, Trans Continental Records) US $0.70 [0 bids]
LARRY PEEPLES must i suffer twice / naughty girl LONGSHOT RECORDS vinyl 45 US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LARRY PEEPLES must i suffer twice / naughty girl LONGSHOT RECORDS promo 45 US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Longshot [ECD] - Original Soundtrack (CD 2002) US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE SPECIALS Too Much Too Young/Guns/Longshot... five track live EP French 7" US $28.24 [0 bids]
ADAM WEST ~'LONGSHOT SONGS FOR BROKE'~ Rare PROMO Only CD 2006~GARAGE PUNK~NEW! US $25.18 Buy It Now 2 days
LONGSHOT never go slow 12" VG+ promo MR 017 Vinyl 2004 Record US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pale Fountains (The) - Longshot For Your Love US $31.31 Buy It Now 3 days
LONGSHOT - ONE SMALL VOICE NEW CD US $14.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Longshot - One Small Voice [CD New] US $9.53 Buy It Now 3 days
Longshot [ECD] - Original Soundtrack (CD 2002)New CD US $1.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Longshot by Original Soundtrack (CD, Mar-2002, Trans Continental Records) NEW US $4.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Longshot - One Small Voice CD US $12.12 Buy It Now 4 days
LONGSHOT happiness is hard to find 12" Mint- 7370 LONGSHOT Vinyl 2002 Record US $11.20 Buy It Now 4 days
LONGSHOT pretty brown skin 12" VG+ 107171 Promo Vinyl 2002 Record US $11.20 Buy It Now 4 days
LONGSHOT civil war pt. 2 12" Mint- EVP022 Vinyl 2005 Record US $11.20 Buy It Now 4 days
LONGSHOT presents - "CIVIL WAR PT.2" (RARE MIXTAPE CD/DVD) (CHICAGO RAP!!) US $5.49 Buy It Now 4 days
REDUCERS SF backing the longshot LP SEALED original 1999 punk oi US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Stacy Lattisaw Every Drop Of Your Love / Longshot 7" 45 rpm Motown 1912MF NM US $2.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Longshot [ECD] by Original Soundtrack - NEW CD 16 track US $6.67 Buy It Now 5 days
EXC 12"~CHECKMATE~CONCISE~Longshot~[x3 Mixes]~Devil Vs. The Maker~[x2]~Highlife~ US $1.99 [0 bids]
Longshot Megson CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
45 w/PS STACY LATTISAW Every Drop Of Your Love - Longshot NM! 1912 ORIG EB100 US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Longshot Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Various Artists CD US $0.69 [0 bids]
Stacy Lattisaw Every Drop Of Your Love NM/Longshot NM 1987 R&B 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Harrington Saints - Bettin' On A Longshot - New & Sealed Punk Oi Vinyl LP US $21.82 Buy It Now 6 days
Longshot [ECD] -Original Soundtrack NEW SEALED(CD 2002) US $7.98 Buy It Now 6 days
LONGSHOT 'Somewhere Between Here And There' 8 song cd 2002 US $2.95 [0 bids]
HENRY PAUL BAND. LONGSHOT. DJ 45.STEREO SHORT VERSION BOTH SIDES US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
45 ADAPTERS Dress Well Drink Heavily RED VINYL 7" new Oi! Punk Longshot Contra US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ADAM WEST - LONGSHOT SONGS FOR BROKE PLAYERS - NEW US $14.77 Buy It Now 7 days
Megson - The Longshot (NEW CD) US $20.56 Buy It Now 7 days
A Better Tomorrow EP - NOi!se Sydney Ducks WHITE VINYL 7" new Oi! Punk Longshot US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Longshot cd Orig. Soundtrack US $6.00 Buy It Now 7 days
MEGSON - THE LONGSHOT - EDJ016 US $20.36 Buy It Now 8 days
CD Longshot Various Artists Original Soundtr Soundtrack US $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Longshot Original Soundtrack, Various Art MUSIC CD US $7.87 Buy It Now 8 days
LONGSHOT - ASYLUM NEW CD US $18.01 Buy It Now 9 days
Open Mouths Fed Longshot MUSIC CD US $12.68 Buy It Now 9 days
Longshot / O.S.T. Longshot / O.S.T. CD ** NEW ** US $17.17 Buy It Now 9 days
THE PIONEERS LONGSHOT KICK THE BUCKET UK ORIG TOTAL BOSS REGGAE ANTHEM!! US $8.38 [0 bids]
RUST / KEYSIDE STRIKE split 7" VINYL UK Aussie Oi! Punk Longshot US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
LONGSHOT - Never Go Slow - 12" US $13.42 Buy It Now 9 days
The Wednesday Night Heroes(CD Album)Superiority Complex-Longshot-LSCD 22-Very Go US $16.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Longshot : Civil War Part 2 [Us Import] CD (2005) US $11.30 Buy It Now 10 days
Longshot [ECD] (CD, Mar-2002, Trans Continental Reco... US $0.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Longshot, Various Artists, Original Soundt, Good Soundtrack US $3.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE CORPS - Bottle of Rock N Roll 10" picture disc new Aussie Oi! Punk Longshot US $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Longshot [ECD] Soundtrack cd SEALED C-Note, Take 5 US $1.40 Buy It Now 12 days
Music CD - LONGSHOT-- LFO NSYNC O-TOWN TAKE 5 CC PP US $3.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Pale Fountains Longshot for Your Love Germany Vinyl LP C86 Shack Michael Head US $69.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Longshot, Various Artists, Original Soundt, Very Good Soundtrack US $3.53 Buy It Now 13 days
Longshot LFO NSYNC ~ C.D. Los Mejores Exitos Original Motion Picture Sound Trk US $2.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Longshot - Soundtrack [CD New] US $6.30 Buy It Now 14 days
Original Soundtrack, Various Art, Longshot Audio CD US $5.55 Buy It Now 14 days
LONGSHOT / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $25.60 Buy It Now 14 days
RUST Rough Ready & Razored new 7" SPLATTERED VINYL Aussie Oi! Punk Longshot US $7.99 Buy It Now 14 days
PLAN OF ATTACK Brisbane Oi! new 7" SPLATTERED VINYL Aussie Oi! Punk Longshot US $7.99 Buy It Now 14 days
LONGSHOT Original Soundtrack, Varios Artists, New/Sealed [ECD] (CD,2002) US $3.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Various Artists - Longshot (IMPORT) (CD 2002) - 24HR POST!! US $12.58 Buy It Now 15 days
STRANGLEHOLD - S/T 10" new Aussie Oi! Punk noise Longshot Contra US $14.99 Buy It Now 15 days
EPIC PROBLEM - All Broken 10" new UK Oi! Punk Blitz Longshot Contra US $14.99 Buy It Now 15 days
STACY LATTISAW jump into my life 7" b/w longshot (zb41109) pic slv uk motown 198 US $8.38 Buy It Now 17 days
The Wednesday Night Heroes(CD Album)Superiority Complex-Longshot-LSCD 22-Very Go US $15.10 Buy It Now 17 days
The Longshot US $19.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LION'S LAW A Day Will Come Picture LP - French Punk Oi! Longshot Maraboots NEW US $15.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Various Artists : Longshot CD (2002) US $3.52 Buy It Now 18 days
Near Perfect - Longshot US $3.39 Buy It Now 18 days
NEW - Longshot US $3.40 Buy It Now 18 days
Longshot - 2002 - Original Movie Soundtrack CD US $18.49 Buy It Now 19 days
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - LONGSHOT [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK] - NEW CD US $14.16 Buy It Now 19 days
Longshot Ft The Moleman - World Don't Cry #153283 US $5.02 Buy It Now 19 days
LONGSHOT-Open Mouths Fed-CHICAGO IL.juice/DIVERSE-Cd's US $8.49 Buy It Now 19 days
STACY LATTISAW Japan 1986 7"45 LONGSHOT US $15.99 Buy It Now 19 days
New Soundtrack CD Longshot Lalo Schifrin LFO NSYNC US $3.99 Buy It Now 19 days
One Small Voice by Longshot (CD, Jun-2001, Rise Records) US $7.55 Buy It Now 19 days
HEAVY STEP - THE LONGSHOT - MINT CD US $14.35 Buy It Now 20 days
Baron - Longshot - Access - 2002 #74485 US $8.38 Buy It Now 20 days
Longshot Soundtrack CD (2002) US $5.00 Buy It Now 20 days
LONGSHOT. GOOD POP COMPILATION. NEW CD ALBUM US $5.02 Buy It Now 21 days
Original Soundtrack, Various Art , Audio CD, Longshot US $7.09 Buy It Now 22 days
Crossroads by Various Artists & Longshot by Various Artists - 2 CDs US $19.99 Buy It Now 22 days
COPPERSHOT-Issues/CHESTER COPPERPOT/LONGSHOT-Chicago IL US $10.29 Buy It Now 22 days
Megson - The Longshot NEW CD US $17.42 Buy It Now 22 days
DJ 12" Factory Sealed- LONGSHOT "Never Go Slow" (produced by PANIK of Molemen) US $7.00 Buy It Now 22 days
The Longshot US $22.53 Buy It Now 22 days
NOS BALLIE & THE BOYS......LONGSHOT US $6.00 Buy It Now 23 days

More places to buy LONGSHOT music online Buy LONGSHOT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LONGSHOT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LONGSHOT Asylum ratings distribution

LONGSHOT Asylum reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars Longshot was in fact a shot in the dark for me when I bought it. I'm checking out quite a few neo bands lately and this is one of them. All I knew was they are from France and sound somewhat like Genesis and Marillion. Well this is said of a lot of neobands so what's it worth exactly ? Not much to me.

Check out for yourself is always the best solution and that's what I decided to do. First song is the Asylum Overture, the least you can say after only a few minutes this is no subtle band by any means. It could even be categorized as heavy prog if the album goes on like this. The vocalist does it in the same style. It's obviously a Frenchman singing English; to be honest I don't understand much of what he is singing, it doesn't really bother me but it's at least something I notice. Instrumentally the song goes a few times in different directions, so variation is certainly there. All in all I like what I hear in this overture very much. My rating for this would be 4,5* or something near that score.

The Deleted File starts off even heavier than the opener at least where the guitar is concerned. The keyboards setting in a bit later are more sophisticated. The guitar sounds a bit out of tune all the time but I think it's either meant that way or deceptive because I can't imagine they did this deliberately. It does sound original in a way, I never heard a guitar sounding like this, that's for sure. After several minutes listening I must conclude that despite the heaviness it is certainly neoprog after all, just a rougher kind of it. This second track is slightly less compositionwise than first track but it's the second very long track that's more than acceptable. I like their style of songwriting. This would get some 3,5* in my book.

Third track is one of the two shorter ones on this album and it's not a very impressive one I have to say. Miracle Man is a bit of a sloppy song without significant moments. It's probably the least of the album (2,75*).

Next, The Ballad of Peter Blackfrog is the second longest track of the album and where style is concerned sounding like the first two. After two or three listens this was my favourite song of the album. But listening to it more intense I must admit the instrumental part towards the end is too repetitive, dragging on too long so to speak. Still a very good track deserving some 4 stars all in all.

Endless is a middle length track and not quite the best of them all. It has the same kind of sloppiness as third track but has more substance as a song (3*). So far I haven't heard any similarity with Genesis or Marillion. This band sounds more like Magic Pie or Cryptic Vision, a sort of rougher edged symphonic prog is what I'm hearing.

Welcome to the Mind Surgery Clinic is the longest song of the album. Again in the same vein as first two and forth track. You have to like the style if you want to like this album. If you don't it's useless, this album is much of the same. Personally I don't mind but I'm sure this is not everybody's cup of tea. (3,75*)

Last in line is Armageddon, another shorter one and also one I don't like personally (2,75*). It's an accessible song but not in a pleasant way to me.

This is another mindbreaker for the decision of the rating. I think I will decide for the four stars because I really like the 3 longest tracks and they measure about 60% of the total albumtime. But beware, this is a very personal thing. The ratingdiscription excellent addition to ANY prog music collection is certainly not the right one for this album. Check it out in the store before buying. An advantage is that if you check out the first song, you have a pretty good idea for the entire album.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#204182) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1 stars I don't know the first part of this sci-fi trlogy by french band LONGSHOT I've never heard before and actually I'm not very curious about it. Okay let me try to describe what is presented here. I would say a kind of Art Rock or NeoProg with some symphonic elements and a touch of Prog Metal. Cl ... (read more)

Report this review (#37706) | Posted by | Sunday, June 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Hare Krishna !!! GOD BLESS ALPHA CENTAURII ! i was hopeless ! Fully acclaimed by the international press during 1997 and 98, LONGSHOT is back ! Without coming pessimistic, I was thinking that Longshot was one of these bands destined to remain in the darkness while I see it at the top of the po ... (read more)

Report this review (#37382) | Posted by NiKo | Thursday, June 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LONGSHOT "Asylum"