ASYLUM

Longshot

Longshot Asylum album cover

Buy LONGSHOT Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Asylum Overture (13:08)
2. The Deleted File (12:07)
3. Miracle Man (5:10)
4. The Balad Of Peter Blackfrog (15:19)
5. Endless (8:47)
6. Welcome To The Mind Surgery Clinic (16:06)
7. Armageddon (5:02)

Search LONGSHOT Asylum lyrics

Search LONGSHOT Asylum tabs

- Michael Reese / keyboards & vocals & backing vocals
- Phil Wake / guitars & backing vocals
- Freddy Lynn / bass & double-bass
- Ben Larson / drums & percussions

LONGSHOT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LONGSHOT Asylum Music

Open Mouths FedOpen Mouths Fed
E.V. Productions 2005
Civil War Pt. 2Civil War Pt. 2
EV Records 2009
SacrificeSacrifice
Molemen 2004
Baron - Longshot - Access - 2002 #74485 US $4.96 Buy It Now 1h
45 w/PS STACY LATTISAW Every Drop Of Your Love - Longshot NM! 1912 ORIG EB100 US $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 9m
Rock Pop cD Longshot Soundtrack O Town,NSYNC,Take 5,LFO,C Note,Ali Dee,Brizz US $0.75 [0 bids]
Longshot when the anthems end ep yellow vinyl #70/138 rare sick of it all US $5.00 [0 bids]
Longshot [ECD] -Original Soundtrack NEW SEALED(CD 2002) US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Artists : Longshot CD (2002) US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
HENRY PAUL BAND. LONGSHOT. DJ 45.STEREO SHORT VERSION BOTH SIDES US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADAM WEST - LONGSHOT SONGS FOR BROKE PLAYERS - NEW US $16.57 Buy It Now 2 days
Harrington Saints - Bettin' On A Longshot - New & Sealed Punk Oi Vinyl LP US $21.54 Buy It Now 2 days
Megson - The Longshot (NEW CD) US $20.30 Buy It Now 2 days
A Better Tomorrow EP - NOi!se Sydney Ducks WHITE VINYL 7" new Oi! Punk Longshot US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Longshot cd Orig. Soundtrack US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Open Mouths Fed Longshot MUSIC CD US $8.76 Buy It Now 4 days
LONGSHOT - ASYLUM NEW CD US $18.14 Buy It Now 4 days
Longshot [ECD] - Original Soundtrack (CD 2002) US $1.99 [0 bids]
LONGSHOT - Never Go Slow - 12" US $13.25 Buy It Now 4 days
The Wednesday Night Heroes(CD Album)Superiority Complex-Longshot-LSCD 22-Very Go US $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Longshot : Civil War Part 2 [Us Import] CD (2005) US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Longshot [ECD] (CD, Mar-2002, Trans Continental Reco... US $0.99 Buy It Now 5 days
longshot original motion picture soundtrack,nsync,o town,take5 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Longshot, New Music US $22.92 Buy It Now 6 days
Stacy Lattisaw Every Drop Of Your Love / Longshot 7" 45 rpm Motown 1912MF NM US $3.00 Buy It Now 6 days
EXC 12"~CHECKMATE~CONCISE~Longshot~[x3 Mixes]~Devil Vs. The Maker~[x2]~Highlife~ US $3.87 Buy It Now 6 days
COPPERSHOT "Issues" /CHESTER COPPERPOT/LONGSHOT-Chicago IL Sealed x new US $10.29 Buy It Now 6 days
Longshot Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Various Artists CD US $0.49 [0 bids]
Open Mouths Fed - Longshot US $4.11 Buy It Now 6 days
Longshot - Original Soundtrack, Various Artists; Various Artists [Performer] US $3.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Cock Sparrer Tribute 7" BLACK Vinyl EP Dropkick Murphys DSS / Longshot TRIB 703 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Stacy Lattisaw 45 Every Drop Of Your Love / Longshot w/ts w/PS NM US $2.50 Buy It Now 6 days
THE CORPS - Bottle of Rock N Roll 10" picture disc new Aussie Oi! Punk Longshot US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Longshot [ECD] Soundtrack cd SEALED C-Note, Take 5 US $1.26 Buy It Now 7 days
Music CD - LONGSHOT-- LFO NSYNC O-TOWN TAKE 5 CC PP US $3.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Pale Fountains Longshot for Your Love Germany Vinyl LP C86 Shack Michael Head US $69.99 Buy It Now 7 days
HARRINGTON SAINTS.BETTIN ON A LONGSHOT.YELLOW VINYL ALBUM NEW MINT OI US $19.88 Buy It Now 7 days
Longshot [ECD] - Original Soundtrack (CD 2002) US $1.99 Buy It Now 8 days
CD Longshot Various Artists Original Soundtr Soundtrack US $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Original Soundtrack, Various Art, Longshot Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LONGSHOT / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $25.79 Buy It Now 9 days
RUST Rough Ready & Razored new 7" SPLATTERED VINYL Aussie Oi! Punk Longshot US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
PLAN OF ATTACK Brisbane Oi! new 7" SPLATTERED VINYL Aussie Oi! Punk Longshot US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Soundtrack - Longshot USA Shipping Included US $3.97 Buy It Now 9 days
Harrington Saints - Betting On A Longshot Brand New Sealed LP Coloured Vinyl US $19.88 Buy It Now 9 days
Various Artists - Longshot (IMPORT) (CD 2002) - 24HR POST!! US $12.42 Buy It Now 9 days
Longshot O.S.T. CD Pop Soundtracks & Film Scores US $21.67 Buy It Now 9 days
STRANGLEHOLD - S/T 10" new Aussie Oi! Punk noise Longshot Contra US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
EPIC PROBLEM - All Broken 10" new UK Oi! Punk Blitz Longshot Contra US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
STACY LATTISAW jump into my life 7" b/w longshot (zb41109) pic slv uk motown 198 US $8.28 Buy It Now 11 days
The Wednesday Night Heroes(CD Album)Superiority Complex-Longshot-LSCD 22-Very Go US $14.91 Buy It Now 11 days
LongShot , Audio CD, Civil War, Pt. 2 US $7.24 Buy It Now 12 days
Longshot Original Soundtrack, Various Art MUSIC CD US $7.18 Buy It Now 12 days
Longshot, Various Artists, Original Soundt, Good Soundtrack US $3.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Various Artists : Longshot CD (2002) US $3.25 Buy It Now 13 days
Longshot, Various Artists, Original Soundt, New Soundtrack US $2.90 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW - Longshot US $3.40 Buy It Now 13 days
Longshot - 2002 - Original Movie Soundtrack CD US $18.63 Buy It Now 14 days
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - LONGSHOT [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK] - NEW CD US $16.04 Buy It Now 14 days
LONGSHOT-Open Mouths Fed-CHICAGO IL.juice/DIVERSE-Cd's US $8.49 Buy It Now 14 days
STACY LATTISAW Japan 1986 7"45 LONGSHOT US $15.99 Buy It Now 14 days
New Soundtrack CD Longshot Lalo Schifrin LFO NSYNC US $2.79 Buy It Now 14 days
The Specials 45 EP Too Much Too Young Guns Of Navarone Longshot Kick the Bucket US $15.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Longshot Soundtrack CD (2002) US $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
LONGSHOT. GOOD POP COMPILATION. NEW CD ALBUM US $4.96 Buy It Now 15 days
LONGSHOT Original Soundtrack, Varios Artists, New/Sealed [ECD] (CD,2002) US $1.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Longshot enhanced cd with NSYNC, Take 5, O-Town US $4.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Original Soundtrack, Various Art , Audio CD, Longshot US $6.57 Buy It Now 17 days
Crossroads by Various Artists & Longshot by Various Artists - 2 CDs US $19.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Longshot - Open Mouths Fed [CD New] US $4.10 Buy It Now 17 days
COPPERSHOT-Issues/CHESTER COPPERPOT/LONGSHOT-Chicago IL US $10.29 Buy It Now 17 days
Megson - The Longshot NEW CD US $17.20 Buy It Now 17 days
NOS BALLIE & THE BOYS......LONGSHOT US $6.00 Buy It Now 18 days
(DW594) Longshot Swarbz, Nomads Land - DJ CD US $3.48 Buy It Now 18 days
SEALED 2005 12" Single Longshot - We Here feat. Diverse & Profound EVP022 US $9.99 Buy It Now 19 days
THE PALE FOUNTAINS Longshot For Your Love - MINT 14 track 1998 EU comp CD US $39.00 Buy It Now 19 days
NOi!SE - Walk Beside Us CLEAR VINYL 7" new Oi! Punk noise Longshot Contra US $6.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Strongbow/Razors In The Night split new 7" BLUE/BLACK VINYL Oi! Punk Longshot US $5.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Revilers/Bulldozer BCN split new 7" GREEN VINYL Oi! Punk Longshot Contra US $6.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Soundtrack - Longshot (2002) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 20 days
HENRY PAUL BAND-LONGSHOT LONG/SHORT rock 45 US $5.98 Buy It Now 20 days
STACY LATTISAW Japan 1986 White Label PROMO NM 7"45 LONGSHOT US $19.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Pale Fountains (The) - Longshot For Your Love US $27.40 Buy It Now 20 days
Longshot The Soundtrack feat: NSYNC, LFO, O-Town 16 track New CD US $6.62 Buy It Now 20 days
Megson - Longshot The (Music CD) US $25.92 Buy It Now 20 days
LONGSHOT - ONE SMALL VOICE - NEW CD US $7.02 Buy It Now 21 days
Longshot,CD,Somewhere Between Here and There US $4.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Longshot [ECD] (New CD, Mar-2002, Trans Continental Records) US $2.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Longshot - Shadow Of The Cross CD-R [CD New] US $17.28 Buy It Now 22 days
The Pale Fountains - Longshot For Your Love - Marina Records - MA 37 CD US $37.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Longshot, Original Soundtrack, Various Art, Excellent Soundtrack US $1.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Soul 45 Stacy Lattisaw - Every Drop Of Your Love / Longshot On Motown US $3.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Longshot. (Soundtrack) O-town, NSYNC, Take-5, LFO, Natural. Brand NEW sealed CD. US $4.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Asylum - Longshot New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $19.18 Buy It Now 23 days
Botox Rats Dead Ringers 7" NEW no front teeth longshot gaggers lepers punk oi US $3.00 Buy It Now 23 days
THE ANGRY AGENDA Here Comes Trouble NEW LP Splatter Vinyl Punk Oi! Longshot US $16.99 Buy It Now 24 days

More places to buy LONGSHOT music online Buy LONGSHOT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LONGSHOT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LONGSHOT Asylum ratings distribution

LONGSHOT Asylum reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars Longshot was in fact a shot in the dark for me when I bought it. I'm checking out quite a few neo bands lately and this is one of them. All I knew was they are from France and sound somewhat like Genesis and Marillion. Well this is said of a lot of neobands so what's it worth exactly ? Not much to me.

Check out for yourself is always the best solution and that's what I decided to do. First song is the Asylum Overture, the least you can say after only a few minutes this is no subtle band by any means. It could even be categorized as heavy prog if the album goes on like this. The vocalist does it in the same style. It's obviously a Frenchman singing English; to be honest I don't understand much of what he is singing, it doesn't really bother me but it's at least something I notice. Instrumentally the song goes a few times in different directions, so variation is certainly there. All in all I like what I hear in this overture very much. My rating for this would be 4,5* or something near that score.

The Deleted File starts off even heavier than the opener at least where the guitar is concerned. The keyboards setting in a bit later are more sophisticated. The guitar sounds a bit out of tune all the time but I think it's either meant that way or deceptive because I can't imagine they did this deliberately. It does sound original in a way, I never heard a guitar sounding like this, that's for sure. After several minutes listening I must conclude that despite the heaviness it is certainly neoprog after all, just a rougher kind of it. This second track is slightly less compositionwise than first track but it's the second very long track that's more than acceptable. I like their style of songwriting. This would get some 3,5* in my book.

Third track is one of the two shorter ones on this album and it's not a very impressive one I have to say. Miracle Man is a bit of a sloppy song without significant moments. It's probably the least of the album (2,75*).

Next, The Ballad of Peter Blackfrog is the second longest track of the album and where style is concerned sounding like the first two. After two or three listens this was my favourite song of the album. But listening to it more intense I must admit the instrumental part towards the end is too repetitive, dragging on too long so to speak. Still a very good track deserving some 4 stars all in all.

Endless is a middle length track and not quite the best of them all. It has the same kind of sloppiness as third track but has more substance as a song (3*). So far I haven't heard any similarity with Genesis or Marillion. This band sounds more like Magic Pie or Cryptic Vision, a sort of rougher edged symphonic prog is what I'm hearing.

Welcome to the Mind Surgery Clinic is the longest song of the album. Again in the same vein as first two and forth track. You have to like the style if you want to like this album. If you don't it's useless, this album is much of the same. Personally I don't mind but I'm sure this is not everybody's cup of tea. (3,75*)

Last in line is Armageddon, another shorter one and also one I don't like personally (2,75*). It's an accessible song but not in a pleasant way to me.

This is another mindbreaker for the decision of the rating. I think I will decide for the four stars because I really like the 3 longest tracks and they measure about 60% of the total albumtime. But beware, this is a very personal thing. The ratingdiscription excellent addition to ANY prog music collection is certainly not the right one for this album. Check it out in the store before buying. An advantage is that if you check out the first song, you have a pretty good idea for the entire album.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#204182) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1 stars I don't know the first part of this sci-fi trlogy by french band LONGSHOT I've never heard before and actually I'm not very curious about it. Okay let me try to describe what is presented here. I would say a kind of Art Rock or NeoProg with some symphonic elements and a touch of Prog Metal. Cl ... (read more)

Report this review (#37706) | Posted by | Sunday, June 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Hare Krishna !!! GOD BLESS ALPHA CENTAURII ! i was hopeless ! Fully acclaimed by the international press during 1997 and 98, LONGSHOT is back ! Without coming pessimistic, I was thinking that Longshot was one of these bands destined to remain in the darkness while I see it at the top of the po ... (read more)

Report this review (#37382) | Posted by NiKo | Thursday, June 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LONGSHOT "Asylum"