INTROSPEZIONE - DONELLA DEL MONACO

7. Ah, Douleur
8. Deliee
9. Oro
10. Rituale

* Bonus Track on CD Re-issue by Trident Introspezione (Integrale)
* Bonus Track on CD Re-issue by Andro Ashralem

- Riccardo Perraro / cello
- Pierdino Tisato / drums
- Tony Esposito / percussion, strumenti, effetti

Trident (TRI 1006)

OPUS AVANTRA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OPUS AVANTRA Introspezione - Donella Del Monaco Music

donella del monaco LPdonella del monaco LP
TRIDENT
Vinyl$30.00 (used)
IntrospezioneIntrospezione
Btf 2008
Introspezione - Donella Del Monaco (LP Miniature)Introspezione - Donella Del Monaco (LP Miniature)
Media Arte Kr
Live Concerts ExcerptsLive Concerts Excerpts
Import · Remastered
Lord CromwellLord Cromwell
Cramps Records Imp 2011
Lord Cromwell -Plays Suite for Seven VicLord Cromwell -Plays Suite for Seven Vic
Extra tracks · Import
Lord Cromwell PlaysLord Cromwell Plays
2002
Audio CD$51.62 (used)
LyricsLyrics
Import · Remastered
Polydor Japan 2007
Cramps Single Box - Electric Frankenstein/Arti & Mestieri/Opus Avantra [CD New] US $161.80 Buy It Now 1h 34m
OPUS AVANTRA LYRICS RARE OOP CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 46m
OPUS AVANTRA STRATA RARE OOP MINI-LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OPUS AVANTRA KATHARSIS RARE OOP MINI-LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OPUS AVANTRA INTROSPEZIONE RARE OOP MINI-LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OPUS AVANTRA LORD CROMWELL PLAYS SUITE FOR SEVEN VICES RARE OOP MINI-LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALFREDO TISOCCO OPUS AVANTRA-Ritagli D'anima/JAPAN MINI LP CD/1977 ITALIAN PROG US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Introspezione by Opus Avantra *New CD* US $17.22 Buy It Now 3 days
OPUS AVANTRA - INTROSPEZIONE NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 3 days
OPUS AVANTRA WITH DONELLA DEL MONACO Introspezione TRIDENT RECORDS Import LP US $36.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ALFREDO TISOCCO (OPUS AVANTRA) RITAGLI D'ANIMA ITALY CD JAPAN EDIT OBI 3200yen US $79.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OPUS AVANTRA LYRICS RARE CD F/S ARCD023 US $29.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Opus Avantra - Introspezione [CD New] US $17.11 Buy It Now 3 days
Introspezione - Opus Avantra New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $24.60 Buy It Now 4 days
Opus Avantra-Lord Cromwell Italian prog Japanese SHM-CD Mini lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
OPUS AVANTRA Omega BOX 4 mini LP CD italian prog US $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Cramps Single Box - Electric Frankenstein/Arti & Mestieri/Opus Avantra CD US $161.81 Buy It Now 5 days
OPUS AVANTRA S/T JAPAN MINI LP CD progressive rock US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Opus Avantra - Introspezione CD US $20.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Opus Avantra-Lord Cromwell Plays..1975/1989 ARTIS ARCD 003 1st edition on CD M! US $23.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Alfredo Tisocco-Ritagli D'Anima 1987/88 ARTIS 001 Opus Avantra! 1st CD edition! US $21.99 Buy It Now 7 days
OPUS AVANTRA - INTROSPEZIONE NEW CD US $27.04 Buy It Now 7 days
Opus Avantra- Donella Del Monaco US $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
OPUS AVANTRA / INTROSPEZIONE 1ST ALBUM MINI LP CD NEW US $21.99 Buy It Now 9 days
OPUS AVANTRA?/?JAPAN Mini-LP SHM-CD x 2 titles PROMO BOX Set!! US $117.50 Buy It Now 9 days
OPUS AVANTRA - LORD CROMWELL -PLAYS SUITE FOR SEVEN VIC (IMPORT) NEW CD US $58.60 Buy It Now 11 days
OPUS AVANTRA MINI LP 5 CD JAPAN BOX New US $249.99 Buy It Now 11 days
OPUS AVANTRA PROMO BOX + 5 JAPAN MINI LP CD RARE OOP US $199.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Opus Avantra-Donella del Monaco Japan mini lp US $24.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Nuova Idea- In The Beginning (OPUS AVANTRA, KATHARSIS) US $15.99 Buy It Now 16 days
ALFREDO TISOCCO ferrofania JAPAN mini lp CD OPUS AVANTRA SEALED US $28.49 Buy It Now 17 days
OPUS AVANTRA Strata Lp 70s ITA Folk Prog RARE ORIG US $64.83 Buy It Now 18 days
Electric Frankenstein/Arti & Mestieri/Opus Avantra by Various Artists Japan 6CD US $23.91 Buy It Now 21 days
OPUS AVANTRA Lord Cromwell 70s Italy Prog LP Vinyl REISSUE NEW US $79.85 Buy It Now 22 days
OPUS AVANTRA (Alfredo Tisocco) Omega 4 CD AKARMA BOXSET NEW US $89.85 Buy It Now 22 days
Opus Avantra - Lord Cromwell -Plays Suite For Seven (Mini Lp Slee [CD New] US $42.79 Buy It Now 23 days
Opus Avantra - Introspezione 2008 [CD New] US $22.69 Buy It Now 23 days
OPUS AVANTRA - DONELLA DEL MONACO - ITALIAN PROG ROCK - NEW US $25.92 Buy It Now 24 days
Opus Avantra-same Italian prog Japanese SHM-CD Mini lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 24 days
OPUS AVANTRA: Donella Del Monaco LP (Italy, 180g re, gatefold) Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Electric Frankenstein/arti & Mestieri/opus Avantra - Cramps Single Box New & Sea US $162.57 Buy It Now 24 days
OPUS AVANTRA - Donella Del Monaco Introspezione LP Miniature CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $18.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Opus Avantra- Lord Cromwell..+ 3 bonuses (SHM-CD) Mini Lp US $36.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Opus Avantra- Introspezione + 2 bonus (SHM-CD) mini lp US $36.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Opus Avantra-Donella del Monaco Italian prog cd US $19.99 Buy It Now 25 days
DONELLA DEL MONACO ( OPUS AVANTRA ) il carnevale di... LP ORIG italian prog US $69.90 Buy It Now 26 days
^ OPUS AVANTRA lyrics JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 27 days
^ OPUS AVANTRA strata JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW US $59.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Opus Avantra-Donella del Monaco CD Japan w/OBI KICP7046 US $25.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Introspezione - Opus Avantra New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $22.70 Buy It Now 27 days
OPUS AVANTRA - INTROSPEZIONE [OPUS AVANTRA] - NEW CD US $14.13 Buy It Now 27 days
OPUS AVANTRA omega BOX 4 CD italian prog US $69.90 Buy It Now 28 days
ALFREDO TISOCCO ferrofani JAPAN mini lp CD OPUS AVANTRA US $15.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Opus Avantra - Lord Cromwell Plays (CD/Japan/OBI) US $35.00 Buy It Now 29 days
ELECTRIC FRANKENSTEIN/ARTI & MESTIERI/OPUS AVANTRA NEW CD US $182.31 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy OPUS AVANTRA music online Buy OPUS AVANTRA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OPUS AVANTRA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OPUS AVANTRA Introspezione - Donella Del Monaco ratings distribution

OPUS AVANTRA Introspezione - Donella Del Monaco reviews

Review by laplace
4 stars An album which fuses the melodic sensibilities common of the RPI movement with a wild lust for invention, and variously tempers its rage with gentle beds of flute, piano and strings and focuses it into dissonant nightmare-scapes. The result is an accomplished record which oscillates between the avant-garde and almost pastoral, traditional folk songwriting and hardly approaches rock - if the drum track was removed only trace elements of rock would remain.

Although this record is justifiably listed under avant-garde - and is bookended by somewhat freeform and contrary excursions - there's enough neo-classical and lushly folky frills to please the symphonic fans too. Fans of Gramigna should enjoy Opus Avantra and vice versa.

Send comments to laplace (BETA) | Report this review (#114330) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Review by Finnforest
3 stars Strange and challenging but not for everyone.

This album is a bit of a trip, you just never know what's coming next or what's around the corner. If you have heard and like Pierrot Lunaire's "Gudrun" then you will want to take the plunge here. Conversely if you hate that record chances are good you won't appreciate this one. I would say this album is a bit less strange and a bit more traditional in background than is "Gudrun" but the comparison in style is still a valid one.

Donella Del Monaco has the voice of an angel and applies it to an odd collection of piano, violin, flute, cello, and percussion. The music is unbridled and primarily acoustic with little rock and roll influence. The vocals are operatic styled in most songs and controlled yet emotional and warm. This is not music I will listen to often frankly but I'm glad to have had the experience, so take what you will from that advice.

The opening is a collage piece with piano, spoken word with trippy effects, odd noises, etc. Sounds a little like a bunch of toddlers being released into the school music room. "Les Plaisirs Sont Doux" is completely captivating with gorgeous vocals, piano and violin. "La Marmellata" begins with the voices of children and features flutes with a "swirled" sound to them. "L'Altalena" is just a very melodic and flowing song that gives a break from any strangeness. But that picks up again in "Monologo" which is very eerie with spoken word and tense violin-I have no idea what she's saying but it sounds distressing! "Il Pavone" is the one somewhat conventional song you will find within having rhythmic drumming and some structural boundaries for Donella to sing within. It's a nice song with flute and piano throughout. "Deliee" is my vote for the most beautiful song in this set and again I only wish I understood Italian.

This album will appeal to fans of Avant and Italian prog and anyone who wants to hear plenty of beautiful soprano, piano, against rather strange arrangements. This album will not appeal to people who like more conventional music or who want to rock out.

The Trident Records re-issue is a nicely done gatefold mini-LP sleeve featuring the alluring and mysterious artwork, and exceptional sound quality. Between 3 and 4 stars but I'm rounding down for now on this one.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#125483) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 11, 2007

Review by andrea
5 stars Opus Avantra are an Italian prog band from Venice that was formed in 1973 on the initiative of Donella Del Monaco (vocals, lyrics), Alfredo Tisocco (piano, keyboards and composer), Giorgio Bisotto (philosopher and "ideologist" of the band) and Renato Marengo (producer). The name of this project is an acronym that reflects the main sources of inspiration (Opera, Avant-garde, Tradition). The aim was to break the cultural barriers between classical and popular music blending opera with jazz, contemporary music and traditional melodies. The debut album of the band "Opus Avantra ? Donella Del Monaco" (also known as "Introspezione", from the title of the first track) was released in 1974 for the independent label Trident and was recorded with the help of some guest musicians like Tony Esposito (percussion), Luciano Tavella (flute), Enrico Professione (violin) and Pierdino Tisato (drums). It's a concept album about the sentimental education of a girl, a musical journey through the hidden feelings of a woman led by the magnificent Donella Del Monaco's vocals.

The short experimental opener "Introspezione" (Introspection) is an example of "musique concrète". Introspection is the self-observation and reporting of conscious inner thoughts, desires and sensations. In this case it's a kind of soundtrack for a return to childhood on the wings of a musical psychoanalysis...

"Les plaisirs sont doux ? Nel piccolo giardino" (The pleasures are sweet ? Into the little garden) is a traditional piece from the Haute-Savoy re-elaborated y the band... "You are down into the little garden / Among the high yellow daisies / Amazed by an admirable play of the nature / That I can't understand...". The recitative vocals in Italian counterpoint the beautiful soaring melody sung in French. It's a sweet anthem to beauty and youth inviting you to catch your time... "The air softly touches you, voiceless... And the long light of today doesn't want to see the new day...".

"La marmellata - Carillon" (The Jam ? Carillon) is a peculiar nursery rhyme underlined by percussion, flute and harpsichord. Donella Del Monaco's vocals explore childhood souvenirs, then an obsessive sound of carillon comes in. You can almost imagine the shadow of Sigmund Freud in the background...

On "L'altalena" (The swing) we're still in the playground, on a hanging seat swinging into the void, bowing in the air like feathers. Children dance, run, moan and here a little girl can feel like a queen in a play of signs... The music is dreamy, vocals operatic and intense... "The sunlight went into pieces / And time took me away...".

"Monologo" (Monologue) is a short recitative interlude with experimental sounds in the background. A mirror reflects the imagine of a self-assured face that has lost the amazement for the ancient carillons... "My only chance to live lies against everything / And I want to live it without any limit / Into my truth behind the mirror...".

"Il pavone" (The peacock) is a beautiful and dreamy melodic song about the first love where the male is compared to a peacock trying to conquer his prey... "Cradle of useless words / Burst of meaningless remorse / Play from an hallucination / Where the time is blurred / I scream but I can't hear my voice... Now your hand scares me / But I'm already smiling / Here I am / A woman by now, you know it / A woman without uncertainties in her reality...".

"Ah, douleur" (I feel pain) begins with a baroque atmosphere featuring harpsichord, strings and operatic vocals, then rhythm takes off blending rock and classical music. Love and pain as two faces of the same coin... "Your heart beats in your chest / The blood runs in my body / And I can't endure it anymore...".

"Déliée" (Nimble) starts with a strong Oriental flavour featuring piano, flute and charming vocals. Then a delicate melody soars... This track describes the lack of the lover haunting a woman in love... Well, the influence of the "chanson française" here is clear.

The sensual and exotic "Oro" (Gold) greets the come back of the lover with an "Arabian Nights" atmosphere where time stops in the eternal immensity, satisfying an ancient and pagan thirst... "Gold on me, dressed in silk / Gold on my hair where plays the daylight / Your eyes caress the nudity of my face and of my white breast...".

On the last track "Rituale - Ashralem" (Ritual - Ashralem) the lovers are free to live the most ancient of the rites in an apotheosis of the senses. Music and vocals here describe sex as a form of spirituality. Well, an orgasmic finale for a challenging a wonderful album!

The re-release on CD features also an alternative and longer version of the first track. Now the circle is closed and you can start again...

Send comments to andrea (BETA) | Report this review (#280244) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 02, 2010

3 stars Well Finnforest hit the nail on the head really when he said if you don't like Pierrot Lunaire's "Gudrun" then you probably won't like this. I should have listened. I can appreciate that to many this is an absolute classic but there are certain qualities about it that really turn me off. Just my taste in music of course,and I can appreciate the appeal here.

"Introspezione" is a short dissonant piano piece that I like but then we get "Les Plaisirs Sont Doux..." with the strings, piano and higher pitched female vocals. Not bad. "La Masmellata" is tough for me to enjoy with the fast paced soprano female vocals with flute and strings. Just not my scene really.

"L'altalena" opens with strings and is sombre.The reserved female vocals join in then flute.Very classical sounding like much of this album unfortunately for me. It's much better when the sound gets fuller. Contrasts continue. "Monologo" is kind of dark early on as these creepy female vocals with strings come in. It continues to be intense and eerie.

"Il Pavone" opens with laid back piano as drums and strings join in. Reserved vocals follow. Just not a fan of this one at all. "Ahi Douleur" is the worst simply because of the operatic vocals and classical feel. Sorry but I can't handle this.

"Deliee" has piano, flute, vocal melodies and more.Vocals do come in. Not a fan. "Oro" is a mellow tune with the focus on the vocals and strings.

"Rituale-Ashralem" opens with whispered vocals that build as does the sound.The vocals stop and it sounds good before 1 1/2 minutes. Flute too.The vocals return and they are theatrical.They stop again as the music becomes the focus and it's really good here.

A low 3 stars for my tastes but one well worth checking out if you like that clasical style that is very much left of center. And hey a liking for operatic vocals doesn't hurt either.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#512585) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 31, 2011

4 stars Despite having one of the most wonderful set of female vocal cords I've heard - Donella Del Monaco leaves me very confused indeed. 'Introspezione' begins off classical, before abruptly morphing into prog with drums, bass and guitar. What really sets it apart from other prog albums is the fact ... (read more)

Report this review (#890872) | Posted by Dobermensch | Thursday, January 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I simply can't believe, that I'm writing first review of this masterpiece just at this moment. "Introspezione" is one of the most innovative and unusual records in the history of prog music. This is truly progressive album- progressive in such a meaning- that are literally no influences of b ... (read more)

Report this review (#84711) | Posted by | Monday, July 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OPUS AVANTRA "Introspezione - Donella Del Monaco"