PURE FANTASY

Search BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA Pure Fantasy lyrics

Search BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA Pure Fantasy tabs

- Dave Ball / fretted and frettless bass
- Jon Hiseman / drums, gong, cymbal, percussion, producer
- Bill Worrall / flute, tenor, alto and soprano saxophone, Sopranino Recorder, synthesizer, keyboards
- Rod Dorothy / electric violin

LP : veraBra Records :No. 8

Recorded in the Music Room January 1984

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA Pure Fantasy Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
BreathlessBreathless
Intuition 1993
Wilde Tales [Vinyl LP]Wilde Tales [Vinyl LP]
MCA
Vinyl$14.73 (used)

More places to buy BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA music online Buy BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA Pure Fantasy ratings distribution

BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA Pure Fantasy reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars What a gem, really!

For some reasons, I begun replaying all my cassette collection in the past as I was quite bored with the sound of digital music which in my opinion was not quite ear-friendly and in a way disconnected me with my past experience listening most of music collection from analog source which mostly cassette. Hey, I could not afford to buy vinyl at that time; it's too expensive for a poor student like me. I started listening to my (approximately 800) cassettes since couple of months ago, including those that I got the CDs already. To me, listening to music from cassette creates unique nuance that is irreplaceable by any other form of recorded music as I was grown with cassettes as my main source of listening plus radio, of course!

I was stunned with the fact that I got this Pure Fantasy album by Barbara Thompson. By the time I purchased this was not, I thought, my cup of tea as I was more on progressive rock or contemporary jazz rock like Return to Forever. But now when I play this cassette this time .. Oh boy ..!! This is truly a gem from the past! By the time I purchased this cassette I was truly falling inlove with Marillion's Fugazi and Script for a Jester's Tear - a totally different kind of music! But now this this time, I can really enjoy this cassette collection. The cassette audio quality is still top notch! It's already 28 years of age but the quality is still excellent! One thing I love with cassette is that I am forced to listen to it and not doing skipping as I do with digital records.

The opening track Fields Of Flowers 4:38 blew me away at first listen as it has great flute- work by Barbara. I leaned that from wikipidea Barbara married to the world's great rock drummer Jon Hiseman of Colosseum fame. Jon's drumming work is also great here. I also notice the other great player Dave Ball who plays bass guitar - he is great in this album. I think most track in this album have great bass guitar work. The other great tracks that I love are Listen To The Plants 4:29 and also Kafferinya 3:28 - I love the great violin work.

Overall, this is a really good album with overall 3.5 stars rating. As I learned from Wiki, Barbara has been permanent member of Colosseum since 2004. Keep on proggin' ...!!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#773484) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 18, 2012

Post a review of BARBARA THOMPSON'S PARAPHERNALIA "Pure Fantasy"