STABAT MATER: A MOOG MASS

Total time: 25 mins.

Search CALDERA Stabat Mater: A Moog Mass lyrics

Search CALDERA Stabat Mater: A Moog Mass tabs

- Robert Margouleff / Moog programming, interludes, Synthetic Speech Techniques
- John Atkins / Moog keyboards, harpsichord (continuo)
- Robert White (tenor) / Moog diction
- Toby Sacks / cello (continuo)
- Malcolm Cecil / spoken words (English text)

LP Kama Sutra 2319 020 (Germany 1970)
12" (45 RPM) Kamasutra KSBS 2020 (Germany 1970) (misspelled, alternative cover)

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition

CALDERA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CALDERA Stabat Mater: A Moog Mass Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Caldera / Sky IslandsCaldera / Sky Islands
Avantgarde Music It 2011
CalderaCaldera
Import · Remastered
EMI Import 2005

More places to buy CALDERA music online Buy CALDERA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CALDERA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CALDERA Stabat Mater: A Moog Mass ratings distribution

CALDERA Stabat Mater: A Moog Mass reviews

Review by colorofmoney91
3 stars Stabat Mater: A Moog Mass is an obscure electronic version of the infamous hymn to Mary. This album by Caldera is a bit different than other electronic artists on this site for a couple reasons - spacey, cosmic and experimental sounds are traded out for harpsichords and moogs played in the medieval style, and vocals are included that are vocoded to the point where the language being sung is incomprehensible. A Moog Mass is a strange combination of new technology (for the time) and extremely old musical material and concept, but it seems to work pretty well in my opinion. I certainly wouldn't compare this to anything by Tangerine Dream or Schulze, or anything else I've heard; based on all of the electronic music I've heard, A Moog Mass is unique. The best thing that I could compare this to would be a combination of Daft Punk vocals and Justice's musical epicness, minus the dance tendencies.

This album really is very interesting, and definitely not bad. The only part of the album that I don't care for are the male spoken introductions to each track that are backed by hypnotizing spacey sound effects, because it doesn't fit with the music at all.

If you ever have the opportunity to listen to this album, I'd definitely recommend that you do so. Something different like this is always good to experience at least once. I found A Moog Mass to be a greatly enjoyable and refreshing listen, like some experiments tend to be, but I do realize that this album is nowhere near essential listening material.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#444364) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 08, 2011

4 stars I bought the UK version of this album when it came out in the early 70s and it's sitting on the desk in front of me as I write this. Unlike the awful cover shown on this site, which I guess is the US version, the UK cover has a rather noble head of Christ, with a Crown of Thorns made up of electri ... (read more)

Report this review (#1275378) | Posted by Adelstrop | Saturday, September 13, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CALDERA "Stabat Mater: A Moog Mass"