ASTERIX

- George Monroe / vocals
- Joachim Rietenbach / drums

Decca LP
Germanofon CD reissue

ASTERIX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ASTERIX Asterix Music

AsterixAsterix
Remastered · Import
Minority 2006
20: Asterix auf Korsika by Asterix20: Asterix auf Korsika by Asterix
KARUSSELL
Asterix - 3-CD H??rspielbox Vol. 1 by AsterixAsterix - 3-CD H??rspielbox Vol. 1 by Asterix
(EMI)
Asterix by AsterixAsterix by Asterix
Minority
7: Asterix und die Goten by Asterix7: Asterix und die Goten by Asterix
Karussell (Universal)
2 by Asterix (2004-06-08)2 by Asterix (2004-06-08)
Karussell
1 by Asterix (2004-06-08)1 by Asterix (2004-06-08)
Karussell
Asterix-3-CD HÃf¶rspielbox Vol. 3 by AsterixAsterix-3-CD HÃf¶rspielbox Vol. 3 by Asterix
Karussell (Universal)

ASTERIX & OBELIX soundtrack CD Mission CLEOPATRA Philippe Chany OST USD $59.99 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Asterix-I Know Your Soul CD NEW USD $12.96 Buy It Now 20h 37m
Cupid's Arrow/Let Your Body Sh [7 inch Analog] Asterix Music LP Record USD $44.35 Buy It Now 22h
Asterix at the Belgians (24) von Hans Clarin - Günter Pfitzmann Music used USD $4.68 Buy It Now 1 day
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS red asterix logo - BUTTON BADGE official merchandise RHCP USD $2.55 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX (INDIE GROUP) I Know Your Soul CD UK Schism 1999 10 Track (Sch005) USD $5.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Vol. 2-Asterix Und Kleopatra Asterix Audio CD USD $18.40 Buy It Now 1 day
10: Asterix als Legionär Asterix Audio CD USD $17.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Asterix-3-CD Hörspielbox Vol.2 Asterix Audio CD USD $21.78 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES [USED CD] USD $12.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Asterix-I Know Your Soul CD CD Very Good USD $2.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Red Asterix Mens Short Sleeve T-Shirt - New USD $15.39 Buy It Now 2 days
14/9/85pg22 Asterix The Gall Art Illustration (Newspaper Clipping) Simon Cooper USD $9.62 Buy It Now 2 days
ASTERIX Laura Loves CD USD $5.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Vol. 11-Asterix Und Der Arvernersc USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Asterix - Asterix CD s/t (Lucifer's Friend) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ASTERIX everybody DECCA 7-inch F 13075! USD $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
ASTERIX: Keep Yourself Together 45 (dj) Soul USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Asterix-I Know Your Soul CD CD Very Good USD $3.82 Buy It Now 6 days
Asterix dj 45 DREAMS / KEEP YOURSELF TOGETHER ~ Sho-Pro M- USD $12.60 Buy It Now 7 days
Asterix & Obelix Take On Caesar OST 1999 UK 18 Tracks Excellent Condition USD $12.81 Buy It Now 7 days
RARE FRENCH LP FOR THE MOVIE CARTOON SOUNDTRACK LES 12 TRAVAUX D'ASTERIX USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ASTERIX CD - SAME in MINT USD $16.27 Buy It Now 8 days
BELL WEATHER DEPARTMENT_Asterix_used CD-s_single_ships from AUS!_zz4_F6d USD $9.05 Buy It Now 8 days
ASTERIX (INDIE GROUP) I Know Your Soul (CD 10 Track 1999) USD $6.90 Buy It Now 9 days
Asterix - Asterix, LP, (NM / NM) USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
KRAUTROCK - ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES 5 CD 43 TRACKS NEW+ PARZIVAL/ASTERIX/GIFT/+ USD $21.54 Buy It Now 12 days
Dogma By Asterix USD $5.99 Buy It Now 12 days
33 RPM Vinyl Rene Goscinny Les 12 Travaux D'asterix EMI Records C0268 040715SM USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
(CR230) Asterix, Laura Loves - 1997 CD USD $3.83 Buy It Now 15 days
(CR78) Asterix, I Know Your Soul - CD USD $6.40 Buy It Now 15 days
Asterix-same German prog psych cd USD $18.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Asterix bei Den Olympischen Spielen by Asterix. USD $10.07 Buy It Now 15 days
Asterix Als Legion"r by Asterix. USD $10.07 Buy It Now 15 days
Asterix Als Gladiator by Asterix. USD $10.07 Buy It Now 15 days
Asterix - Pulse 3 Track Promo CD USD $5.12 Buy It Now 16 days
ASTERIX ASTERIX , LP, YUGOSLAVIA USD $186.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Cupid's Arrow/Let Your Body Show You How [Single] by Asterix Music. USD $20.24 Buy It Now 16 days
Asterix ex 7 Everybody / If I Could Fly USD $8.49 Buy It Now 17 days
ASTERIX_und kleopatra_used VINYL LP album_ships from AUS!_shO1f USD $22.61 Buy It Now 19 days
PEG JUGENDSERIE ORIGINAL FILMFASSUNG ASTERIX UND KLEOPATRA VINYL USD $18.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Asterix:Everybody/If i could fly:US London: Great driving rock! Promo copy. USD $19.24 Buy It Now 22 days
Asterix Everybody b/w If I Could Fly 45 From Co Vault Unopened Box NM KRAUTROCK* USD $4.99 Buy It Now 22 days
ROLLING STONES STONED ASTERIX VINTAGE UK CONCERT T-SHIRT KNEBWORTH 21 AUG 1976 USD $961.91 Buy It Now 23 days
ASTERIX MUSIC - Cupid's Arrow - Vinyl (7") USD $17.43 Buy It Now 24 days
Asterix, GANDALF / JAPAN SHM-CD Mini LP x 2 titles + PROMO BOX Set!! NEW!! USD $118.50 Buy It Now 24 days
ASTERIX - Dogma - CD ** Brand New ** USD $20.49 Buy It Now 24 days
ASTERIX - Dogma - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $13.95 Buy It Now 24 days
Asterix Music-Cupid`s Arrow VINYL LP NEW USD $20.35 Buy It Now 25 days
Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Red Asterix Logo) POSTER 60x90cm NEW * band Flea Kiedis USD $8.28 Buy It Now 27 days
Uriah Heep - Fallen Angel CD 1st UK press 10 trx lucifers friend asterix rush USD $27.99 Buy It Now 30 days
Uriah Heep - Firefly CD 1st UK press deep purple lucifers friend rush asterix USD $18.99 Buy It Now 30 days
Uriah Heep - Innocent Victim CD 1st UK press deep purple lucifers friend asterix USD $15.99 Buy It Now 30 days

More places to buy ASTERIX music online Buy ASTERIX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ASTERIX Asterix ratings distribution

ASTERIX Asterix reviews

Review by ozzy_tom
2 stars "Asterix" isn't a name which can be easily recognized by casual 70s rock fan. But what about "Lucifer's Friend"? Yes, now much better! So I'd like to inform you that "Asterix" is just pre-"Lucifer's Friend" band which includes the same bunch of guys. In fact "Asterix" isn't the only project constructed solely or mainly from "Lucifer's Friend's" musicians, the others are: "Bokaj Retsiem"(heavy psych), "Electric Food"(heavy prog, the most similar to "Lucifer's Friend" output), "Pink Mice"(ELPish symphonic prog) and "Brother T & Family"(heavy psych/prog). All of them are quite decent, but there is one exception: "Asterix", 'cos under this moniker was recorded the weakest material these guys ever written! While on other projects/bands output we can enjoy various forms of prog/psych/hard rock music, "Asterix" is a completely derivative basic rock'n'roll meets adult pop mix of generic "easy-listen" songs. In fact "Asterix" is the only pre-"Lufier's Friend" including their vocalist John Lawton, but believe me, it's the only element which reminds me of LF's classic stuff.

Anyway let's proceed to detailed review (based on CD version with bonus tracks):

1. "Everybody" - album starts with ultimately unmemorable mainstream pop-rocker full of lackluster soul music inspired refrain "Everybody" which is repeated too many times... The only good thing I can say about this turkey is that it includes very tasty (but surely not long enough!) Hammond solo. Enjoy it 'cos it's the only damned B-3 solo in the whole album! Only one organ solo on recording with Peter Hecht? Strange, but it's true. BTW this one and next song feature George Monroe (AKA Georg Mavros) as a lead vocalist.

2. "If I Could Fly" - this one starts promising with some catchy guitar and organ riffage, but after a while poppy rock comes back. George Monroe sounds really ugly in this one...

3. "Look Out" - ...it's good that from this point John Lawton finally took over vocal duties. Unfortunately except not bad, harder guitar riffs they don't offer here anything more than another mainstream sounding pop rocker.

4. "Gone From My Life" - simple guitar riffs and even simpler piano lines. In the middle some nice jazzy-bluesy piano solo but that's it.

5. "Broken Home" - as usual on this album song starts quite promising but after a while guys came back to play another standard rock'n'roll crap. Some extended guitar soloing here can't change my mind about general value of this dud. Compared with this material, Uriah Heep's albums recorded with John Lawton are masterpieces of progressive rock...

6. "Time Again" - finally better composition with slightly dramatic & psychedelic atmosphere. Extended classical inspired piano passages are really great here. Finally some element linked to progressive rock music! Star in a gutter of mediocrity.

7. "Jump Into My Action" - generic fast rocker built upon basic piano & repetitive guitar licks. Why the hell I didn't hear any organs from 4 songs in a row?! Peter Hecht is well known to constantly torture his Hammond in "Lucifer's Friend" or "Electric Food" LPs but we can't listen too much organ on this record. What a pity...

8. "Open Up Your Mind" - another piano and guitar led mainstream rock'n'roller as many others on this disk.

9. "Corner Street Girl" - just like couple of songs before, absolutely nothing interesting here and even a little offensive for our good taste.

10. "Change In You" - slightly similar to material recorded by Lawton with Uriah Heep in late 70s. Not totally bad but also not memorable at all, however guitar riffs are quite catchy so you can tap your foot a little.

11. "Morning At My Dawn" - the longest composition is closing the whole album with slightly better manner. Finally organ came back (not heard too much on this record from "Look Out" song, back there...) to create eerie atmosphere. But about 2nd minute Hammond disappears again and we can listen to nice piano & guitar solos. Later vocals come back again and mellow mood too. Anyway "Morning At My Dawn" sounds a bit like prototype of UH's song "Firefly" but it's not as compelling and successful.

In general "Asterix" is totally mediocre album which almost completely lack significant for "Lucifer's Friend" trademarks, and is nothing more but a collection of simple pop-charts oriented short songs. If you're looking for organ-driven madness you won't find it 'cos only first 3 songs feature reasonable amount of Hammond moments, if you're looking for symphonic elements you can find some traces only in Hecht's classical piano passages in "Time Again" song and if you love Lawton's voice I have to warn you that large portion of these songs are sung by George Monroe and Tony Cavanna instead of your idol. To sum up, I really don't know who can be interested in "Asterix's" music. If you like "Lucifer's Friend" and you want to know other projects connected with that band, please proceed to "Bokaj Retsiem", "Electric Food", "Pink Mice" or "Brother T & Family" records and leave "Asterix" alone. It's not a coincidence that for such a long time there was no review of this album on Progarchives.com website... And I still wonder why so much better and more prog-oriented "Lucifer's Friend"-connected bands as "Brother T & Family" & especially "Electric Food" still aren't included in this website's (prog)archives... Hopefully some day they will be!

However it's not very offensive stuff at all, so I can give these 2 stars for this mediocre effort. Bur remember: (almost) NO PROG-ROCK HERE!

4 stars Asterix was a sort of "proto-Lucifer's Friend" band playing a very good hard rock with some tinges of progressive rock. One of those "one album bands" that in several instances released good to legendary albums. This surely is not a legendary album, but at least a good one. I am used to evaluate ... (read more)

Report this review (#1549610) | Posted by Asiostygius | Saturday, April 9, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ASTERIX "Asterix"