ASTERIX

$7.90
20: Asterix auf Korsika by Asterix20: Asterix auf Korsika by Asterix
KARUSSELL
$33.49
2 by Asterix (2004-06-08)2 by Asterix (2004-06-08)
Karussell
$37.43
Dogma by Asterix (2013-05-03)Dogma by Asterix (2013-05-03)
Three-One-G
$23.96
Asterix 4Asterix 4
KARUS 2016
$9.85
Same(Luc. Friend/German Bonds) by AsterixSame(Luc. Friend/German Bonds) by Asterix
Asterix
$113.44
I Know Your Soul by AsterixI Know Your Soul by Asterix
Schism
$36.78

ASTERIX Everybody French 7 1970 Psych Beat USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Asterix in Amerika (1994) - CD - Aswad, Right said Fred, Dr. Alban.. ... USD $16.87 Buy It Now 11h 24m
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS red asterix logo - BUTTON BADGE official merchandise RHCP USD $2.62 Buy It Now 12h 56m
ASTERIX - ASTERIX ALS LEGION"R USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 35m
ASTERIX - ASTERIX ALS GLADIATOR USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 35m
ASTERIX - ASTERIX UND DER ARVERNERSCHILD USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 35m
ASTERIX - ASTERIX UND DIE GOTEN USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 35m
ASTERIX - TOUR DE FRANCE USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 35m
ASTERIX - ASTERIX BEI DEN OLYMPISCHEN SPIELEN USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 36m
ASTERIX - ASTERIX UND KLEOPATRA USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 36m
ASTERIX - DIE GOLDENE SICHEL USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 36m
ASTERIX - ASTERIX 3-CD H"RSPIELBOX * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $17.49 Buy It Now 23h 38m
ASTERIX - DER KAMPF DER H"UPTLINGE USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 38m
ASTERIX - ASTERIX DER GALLIER USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.45 Buy It Now 23h 38m
ASTERIX - DER KAMPF DER H"UPTLINGE NEW CD USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX - TOUR DE FRANCE NEW CD USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX - ASTERIX UND KLEOPATRA NEW CD USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX - DIE GOLDENE SICHEL NEW CD USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX - ASTERIX BEI DEN OLYMPISCHEN SPIELEN NEW CD USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX - ASTERIX UND DIE GOTEN NEW CD USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX - ASTERIX ALS LEGION"R NEW CD USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX MUSIC - Stud - Vinyl (7") USD $17.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Red Asterix Mens Short Sleeve T-Shirt - New USD $15.80 Buy It Now 1 day
ASTERIX / EL PEQUEÑO CID 7"PS Spain 1980 GRUPO NINS In Spanish T.V. serie USD $7.50 [0 bids]
Asterix & Obelix Contre Cesar CD Columbia Brand New & Sealed USD $31.50 Buy It Now 2 days
ASTERIX: Keep Yourself Together 45 (dj) Soul USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ASTERIX & OBELIX soundtrack CD Mission CLEOPATRA Philippe Chany OST USD $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KRAUTROCK Original Album Series 5xCD La Dusseldorf Message Parzival Asterix Gift USD $7.24 [3 bids]
Asterix Music-Cupid`s Arrow VINYL LP NEW USD $22.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Asterix The Legionary by Goscinny & Uderzo Eight Impression 1981 UK Paperback USD $3.94 Buy It Now 5 days
ASTERIX Laura Loves CD USD $3.29 Buy It Now 7 days
ASTERIX Laura Loves CD USD $3.29 Buy It Now 7 days
Asterix - Asterix CD s/t (Lucifer's Friend) USD $10.39 Buy It Now 7 days
BELL WEATHER DEPARTMENT_Asterix_used CD-s_single_ships from AUS!_zz4_F6d USD $8.84 Buy It Now 8 days
ASTERIX AND OBELIX VERSUS CAESAR ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK ALBUM CD USD $10.54 Buy It Now 8 days
XAVIER NAIDOO Sie Sieht Mich Nicht - 1999 German CD Maxi - Asterix soundtrack USD $2.63 Buy It Now 8 days
ASTERIX Laura Loves CD USD $11.89 Buy It Now 8 days
ASTERIX - Asterix S/T Self - AudioCD USD $10.99 Buy It Now 9 days
45 boogie funk synth Asterix music STUD 7 Inch STUD NM USD $14.66 Buy It Now 9 days
ASTERIX - ASTERIX UND DIE NORMANNEN NEW CD USD $11.97 Buy It Now 9 days
ASTERIX MUSIC S.T.U.D. 7" NEW VINYL Firehouse Sound boogie modern funk USD $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Asterix Conquers America Soundtrack Excellent CD OOP Harold Faltermeyer Aswad USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Goldman / Romanelli CD Asterix & Obelix Contro Cesare OST 5099749423527 USD $11.48 Buy It Now 10 days
KRAUTROCK - ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES 5 CD 43 TRACKS NEW+ PARZIVAL/ASTERIX/GIFT/+ USD $25.04 Buy It Now 11 days
ROGER CAREL / JACQUES MOREL La chanson d'Asterix Ex to NM- CANADA 1966 RARE 45 USD $15.06 Buy It Now 12 days
ASTERIX & OBELIX PC CD-ROM Ref 1405 USD $20.01 Buy It Now 12 days
Asterix-I Know Your Soul (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.22 Buy It Now 14 days
(CR230) Asterix, Laura Loves - 1997 CD USD $3.36 Buy It Now 14 days
(CR78) Asterix, I Know Your Soul - CD USD $6.57 Buy It Now 14 days
ASTERIX ASTERIX , LP, YUGOSLAVIA USD $131.00 Buy It Now 15 days
ASTERIX (INDIE GROUP) I Know Your Soul CD UK Schism 1999 10 Track (Sch005) USD $5.52 Buy It Now 15 days
Asterix ex 7 Everybody / If I Could Fly USD $7.49 Buy It Now 17 days
Asterix Music - S.t.u.d. [New 7" Vinyl] USD $13.44 Buy It Now 17 days
Asterix Music - S.t.u.d. [New 7" Vinyl] USD $14.36 Buy It Now 17 days
ASTERIX-DOGMA 1 VINYL LP NEW USD $17.85 Buy It Now 17 days
Asterix-I Know Your Soul CD NEW USD $13.04 Buy It Now 18 days
ASTERIX_und kleopatra_used VINYL LP album_ships from AUS!_shO1f USD $22.10 Buy It Now 19 days
ASTERIX AND OBELIX TAKE ON CAESAR ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK OST CD - MINT USD $11.79 Buy It Now 19 days
PEG JUGENDSERIE ORIGINAL FILMFASSUNG ASTERIX UND KLEOPATRA VINYL USD $18.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Asterix Everybody b/w If I Could Fly 45 From Co Vault Unopened Box NM KRAUTROCK* USD $4.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Asterix Dogma 1 vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $34.62 Buy It Now 22 days
Le Petit Benjamin 5 LP Box Set Canada Tintin Asterix Bobino Fanfan Dédé Nic Pic USD $11.30 Buy It Now 22 days
Asterix-I Know Your Soul CD CD Very Good USD $2.98 Buy It Now 22 days
ASTERIX MUSIC Cupid's Arrow 7" NEW VINYL Firehouse Sound Labs modern funk boogie USD $13.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Brother T. & Family - Drillin' of The Rock (Lucifer's, Asterix) 7" Turkish Edt. USD $75.00 Buy It Now 22 days
SOUNDTRACKS: ASTERIX AND THE VIKINGS | ORIGINAL [Audio CD] ?????? BRAND NEW USD $12.50 Buy It Now 23 days
14/9/85pg22 Asterix The Gall Art Illustration (Newspaper Clipping) Simon Cooper USD $9.88 Buy It Now 23 days
ASTERIX MUSIC S.T.U.D. [SINGLE] NEW VINYL USD $17.97 Buy It Now 24 days
Harold Faltermeyer - Asterix Conquers America (Original Soundtrack) CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Asterix:Everybody/If i could fly:US London: Great driving rock! Promo copy. USD $19.76 Buy It Now 24 days
ASTERIX : Asterix Bei Den Briten 8 CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Asterix - Asterix 1970 s/t (Lucifer's Friend) RARE CD! FREE SHIPPING! USD $18.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Asterix Music-S.T.U.D. (She`ll Take U Down) VINYL LP NEW USD $21.34 Buy It Now 25 days
Asterix - 3-CD Hrspielbox Vol. 1 ... USD $23.52 Buy It Now 27 days
CD Asterix Conquers America GERMANY pressing Rare USD $8.00 Buy It Now 27 days
ASTERIX - Asterix - Vinyl (LP + insert) USD $38.47 Buy It Now 29 days
Asterix - Dogma, Vol. 1 [New Vinyl LP] USD $15.77 Buy It Now 29 days
Asterix - Dogma, Vol. 1 [New Vinyl LP] USD $14.76 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ASTERIX music online Buy ASTERIX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ASTERIX Asterix ratings distribution

ASTERIX Asterix reviews

Review by ozzy_tom
2 stars "Asterix" isn't a name which can be easily recognized by casual 70s rock fan. But what about "Lucifer's Friend"? Yes, now much better! So I'd like to inform you that "Asterix" is just pre-"Lucifer's Friend" band which includes the same bunch of guys. In fact "Asterix" isn't the only project constructed solely or mainly from "Lucifer's Friend's" musicians, the others are: "Bokaj Retsiem"(heavy psych), "Electric Food"(heavy prog, the most similar to "Lucifer's Friend" output), "Pink Mice"(ELPish symphonic prog) and "Brother T & Family"(heavy psych/prog). All of them are quite decent, but there is one exception: "Asterix", 'cos under this moniker was recorded the weakest material these guys ever written! While on other projects/bands output we can enjoy various forms of prog/psych/hard rock music, "Asterix" is a completely derivative basic rock'n'roll meets adult pop mix of generic "easy-listen" songs. In fact "Asterix" is the only pre-"Lufier's Friend" including their vocalist John Lawton, but believe me, it's the only element which reminds me of LF's classic stuff.

Anyway let's proceed to detailed review (based on CD version with bonus tracks):

1. "Everybody" - album starts with ultimately unmemorable mainstream pop-rocker full of lackluster soul music inspired refrain "Everybody" which is repeated too many times... The only good thing I can say about this turkey is that it includes very tasty (but surely not long enough!) Hammond solo. Enjoy it 'cos it's the only damned B-3 solo in the whole album! Only one organ solo on recording with Peter Hecht? Strange, but it's true. BTW this one and next song feature George Monroe (AKA Georg Mavros) as a lead vocalist.

2. "If I Could Fly" - this one starts promising with some catchy guitar and organ riffage, but after a while poppy rock comes back. George Monroe sounds really ugly in this one...

3. "Look Out" - ...it's good that from this point John Lawton finally took over vocal duties. Unfortunately except not bad, harder guitar riffs they don't offer here anything more than another mainstream sounding pop rocker.

4. "Gone From My Life" - simple guitar riffs and even simpler piano lines. In the middle some nice jazzy-bluesy piano solo but that's it.

5. "Broken Home" - as usual on this album song starts quite promising but after a while guys came back to play another standard rock'n'roll crap. Some extended guitar soloing here can't change my mind about general value of this dud. Compared with this material, Uriah Heep's albums recorded with John Lawton are masterpieces of progressive rock...

6. "Time Again" - finally better composition with slightly dramatic & psychedelic atmosphere. Extended classical inspired piano passages are really great here. Finally some element linked to progressive rock music! Star in a gutter of mediocrity.

7. "Jump Into My Action" - generic fast rocker built upon basic piano & repetitive guitar licks. Why the hell I didn't hear any organs from 4 songs in a row?! Peter Hecht is well known to constantly torture his Hammond in "Lucifer's Friend" or "Electric Food" LPs but we can't listen too much organ on this record. What a pity...

8. "Open Up Your Mind" - another piano and guitar led mainstream rock'n'roller as many others on this disk.

9. "Corner Street Girl" - just like couple of songs before, absolutely nothing interesting here and even a little offensive for our good taste.

10. "Change In You" - slightly similar to material recorded by Lawton with Uriah Heep in late 70s. Not totally bad but also not memorable at all, however guitar riffs are quite catchy so you can tap your foot a little.

11. "Morning At My Dawn" - the longest composition is closing the whole album with slightly better manner. Finally organ came back (not heard too much on this record from "Look Out" song, back there...) to create eerie atmosphere. But about 2nd minute Hammond disappears again and we can listen to nice piano & guitar solos. Later vocals come back again and mellow mood too. Anyway "Morning At My Dawn" sounds a bit like prototype of UH's song "Firefly" but it's not as compelling and successful.

In general "Asterix" is totally mediocre album which almost completely lack significant for "Lucifer's Friend" trademarks, and is nothing more but a collection of simple pop-charts oriented short songs. If you're looking for organ-driven madness you won't find it 'cos only first 3 songs feature reasonable amount of Hammond moments, if you're looking for symphonic elements you can find some traces only in Hecht's classical piano passages in "Time Again" song and if you love Lawton's voice I have to warn you that large portion of these songs are sung by George Monroe and Tony Cavanna instead of your idol. To sum up, I really don't know who can be interested in "Asterix's" music. If you like "Lucifer's Friend" and you want to know other projects connected with that band, please proceed to "Bokaj Retsiem", "Electric Food", "Pink Mice" or "Brother T & Family" records and leave "Asterix" alone. It's not a coincidence that for such a long time there was no review of this album on Progarchives.com website... And I still wonder why so much better and more prog-oriented "Lucifer's Friend"-connected bands as "Brother T & Family" & especially "Electric Food" still aren't included in this website's (prog)archives... Hopefully some day they will be!

However it's not very offensive stuff at all, so I can give these 2 stars for this mediocre effort. Bur remember: (almost) NO PROG-ROCK HERE!

4 stars Asterix was a sort of "proto-Lucifer's Friend" band playing a very good hard rock with some tinges of progressive rock. One of those "one album bands" that in several instances released good to legendary albums. This surely is not a legendary album, but at least a good one. I am used to evaluate ... (read more)

Report this review (#1549610) | Posted by Asiostygius | Saturday, April 9, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ASTERIX "Asterix"