NEKTAR - LIVE IN NEW YORK

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Nektar Nektar - Live in New York album cover

Buy NEKTAR Music
Live, released in 1977

1. It's all over now (6:33)
2. Good day (7:08)
3. A day in the life of a preacher (14:53)
4. Desolation valley (9:39)
5. That's life (8:00)
6. Show me the way (4:40)
7. King of twilight (9:54)
8. Woman (4:05)
9. Good ol' rock'n roll (5:40)

Total time: 60:47

Track listing of remaster (2004):
[consists of the complete concert, including material originally released as "More Live In New York"]

CD 1 - Total Time: 54:01
1. Introduction /Astral Man (4:00)
2. Remember The Future, Part One (16:15)
3. Marvellous Moses (8:36)
4. It's All Over (5:26)
5. Good Day (6:48)
6. That's Life (6:28)
7. Show Me The Way (6:28)

CD 2 - Total Time: 68:35
1. A Day In The Life Of A Preacher (15:43)
2. Desolation Valley (9:57)
3. Remember The Future, Part Two (8:16)
4. Crying In The Dark (7:45)
5. King Of Twilight (10:01)
6. Woman Trouble (4:09)

- Mick Brockett / lights
- Alan "Taff" Freeman" / keyboards, backing vocals
- Ron Howden / drums, percussion
- Derek "Mo" Moore / bass, backing vocals

CD Bellaphon 288-09-102 (1989)
CD Dream Nebula (2004, remaster)

and to Angelo for the last updates

NEKTAR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NEKTAR Nektar - Live in New York Music

Live in New York by Nektar [Music CD]Live in New York by Nektar [Music CD]
Jvc Japan
NEKTAR - LIVE IN NEW YORK - GERMAN BELLAPHON - 2LP - EXCELLENT PLUS - PSYCH USD $17.99 [0 bids]
Nektar: Live In New York 2xLP Bellaphon/Bacillus, Germany USD $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
NEKTAR - LIVE IN NEW YORK / NM/VG+ (BLS 5557) BELLAPHON / GERMAN / STEREO USD $29.95 [0 bids]
USD $39.00 Buy It Now
Nektar - Live In New York 2SACD Sealed USD $299.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Nektar Live In New York Germany 1977 Bacilus Records 2LP NM USD $17.99 Buy It Now 7 days
NEKTAR Live In New York BELLAPHON Prog 2LP Germany USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
NEKTAR - LIVE IN NEW YORK [NEKTAR] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD USD $14.73 Buy It Now 7 days
NEKTAR-COMPLETE LIVE IN NEW YORK-JAPAN 2 MINI LP SHM-CD Ji50 zd USD $53.99 Buy It Now 8 days
NEKTAR LIVE IN NY USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
NEKTAR complete live in new york 1974 Japan MINI LP CD (2cd) USD $47.50 Buy It Now 10 days
NEKTAR - MORE NEKTAR LIVE IN NEW YORK - NEW CD USD $16.90 Buy It Now 10 days
NEKTAR - MORE LIVE IN NEW YORK NEW CD USD $22.86 Buy It Now 13 days
Nektar - More Live In New York [CD New] USD $15.55 Buy It Now 13 days
More Live In New York - Nektar (2004, CD New) USD $14.21 Buy It Now 13 days
Live In New York - Nektar (1993, CD New) USD $14.38 Buy It Now 13 days
NEKTAR - LIVE IN NEW YORK (GTFLD DBL. LP German Pressing ) (very rare) Vinyl USD $59.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Nektar: Live In New York 2xLP Bellaphon/Bacillus, Germany USD $24.99 Buy It Now 15 days
NEKTAR - MORE LIVE IN NEW YORK NEW CD USD $14.04 Buy It Now 16 days
Live in New York [2-CD] by Nektar SACD (CD, Oct-2004, 2 Discs, Dream Nebula)0084 USD $299.97 Buy It Now 16 days
Nektar - More Live In New York CD USD $22.59 Buy It Now 17 days
EX/EX- !! Nektar/Live In New York/1977 Bacilus Double LP Set USD $51.60 Buy It Now 18 days
Nektar: Live In New York 2xLP Bellaphon/Bacillus, Germany USD $15.99 Buy It Now 20 days
NEKTAR LIVE IN NEW YORK RARE OOP JAPAN MINI-LP 2CD USD $69.99 Buy It Now 21 days
NEKTAR: Live In New York LP (Germany 2 LPs, gatefold cover v. sl cw, discs near USD $50.00 Buy It Now 22 days
NEKTAR - LIVE IN NEW YORK NEW CD USD $22.86 Buy It Now 27 days
NEKTAR MORE LIVE IN NEW YORK GERMAN IMPORT CD USD $39.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Nektar - Live In New York [CD New] USD $17.74 Buy It Now 27 days
Nektar - Live In New York CD USD $22.59 Buy It Now 28 days
Live In New York - Nektar New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $25.60 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy NEKTAR music online Buy NEKTAR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NEKTAR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NEKTAR Nektar - Live in New York ratings distribution

NEKTAR Nektar - Live in New York reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars When I discovered the German Progressive Rock (aka Krautrock) in the late Seventies, I kept on buying albums from Grobschnitt, Novalis, Jane and Triumvirat for weeks until I had a huge collection. I was totally hooked on the powerful, often vintage keyboard drenched sound and the flowing, often fiery guitar work. The sound of Nektar was different, on the 2-LP Live In New York ( I bought in those days) you can hear more raw and improvisional compositions, very dynamic and powerful featuring good vocals, strong interplay and lots of interesting soli on guitar and keyboards. If you want to see this band on DVD I recommend the Krautrock Meeting (the songs Just Before The Sun Will Rise, Back From Hell and the crowd pleaser Gamma Ray, recorded in late 2004) and Best Of Krautrock Vol. 1 (the track The Work Is Done, recorded in Beatclub 1971). Interesting band!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#87377) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars This is my favourite live lbum from Nektar. Recorded in the late mid seventies.

It starts very well with "It's All Over". A fully rock-oriented version (but this will be fortunately the case for most of the songs here). Rawer (but this is partially due to the below average recording sound). It was my favourite song from "Recycled", so no wonder... "Nektar" will remain playing on the hard side with "Good Day" (far much better than on "Sounds Like This" their first live album).

It wouldn't be a live "Nektar" album if there were some long jamming session; but again, I prefer this version of "A Day...". Almost hard-rock at times.

My favourite song is "Desolation Valley". A gorgeous jazzy-psychedelic number. There is one incredible and powerful riff which comes several times during the song and which has always blow me away (studio or live version). I am just found of this. The highlight. Deeply inspired by the early "Floyd".

Even if I quite disliked "That's Life" in its studio version on "Down To Earth", I quite like it here. Same applies to "Show Me The Way". Below average in studio and good (but shorter) here. A nice electric ballad.

"King Of Twilight" has nothing to do with a ballad. A great hard-rock song. Crazy beat, powerful bass and such a marvelous finale with so emotional vocals. Another highlight.

I have to say that "Nektar" played quite well that night. Most of the songs have a stronger attack; more rock-oriented as I have said in my intro. And I quite like it.

It's a pity that this live album almost sounds as a bootleg and that the closing number might well be fun for the band but this old rock'n'roll medley is out of purpose, IMO. It was already launched with "Woman". Another fully revival song. Due to these these remarks, I will rate this one with three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#140532) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Post a review of NEKTAR "Nektar - Live in New York"