LITTLE LUCID MOMENTS

Motorpsycho

Motorpsycho Little Lucid Moments album cover

Buy MOTORPSYCHO Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Suite: Little Lucid Moments (21:10)
- I. Lawned (Consciousness Causes Collapse)
- II. A Hoof to the Head
- III. Hallucifuge (Hyperrealistically Speaking...)
- IV. Sweet Oblivion / Perfect Sense
2. Year Zero (A Damage Report) (11:20)
3. She Left on the Sun Ship (14:30)
4. The Alchemyst (12:30)

Search MOTORPSYCHO Little Lucid Moments lyrics

Search MOTORPSYCHO Little Lucid Moments tabs

- Bent Sæther / vocals, bass guitar, guitars, keyboards etc.
- Hans Magnus Ryan / guitars, vocals, keyboards etc.
- Kenneth Kapstad / drums

CD Rune Grammofon RCD 2073 (2008 Norway)
2LP Stickman Records PSYCHOBABBLE 060 (2008 Germany)
2LP Rune Grammofon RLP 3073 (2008 Norway)
CD Stickman Records PSYCHOBABBLE 060 (2008 Germany)
CD P-Vine Records PVCP-8255 (2008 Japan)

Thanks to windhawk for the addition
and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

MOTORPSYCHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MOTORPSYCHO Little Lucid Moments Music

Little Lucid MomentsLittle Lucid Moments
Stickman 2008
LITTLE LUCID MOMENTSLITTLE LUCID MOMENTS
BVG
Little Lucid Moments [Vinyl]Little Lucid Moments [Vinyl]
Rune Grammofon 2008
Vinyl$31.38

More places to buy MOTORPSYCHO music online Buy MOTORPSYCHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MOTORPSYCHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MOTORPSYCHO Little Lucid Moments ratings distribution

MOTORPSYCHO Little Lucid Moments reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Great! Any day now we'll get to review Sonic Youth on PA!

In the meantime we will have to do with this bunch of adventurous alternative rockers from Norway. I have only a scattered knowledge of the band, gathered by picking up a few of their albums from the library over the last 15 years. (Yes, this band has been around for a while already). Due to their addition to PA I picked up this album and it will sure fire my interest again.

The 21 minute opening track starts with 5 minutes of pure Sonic Youth delight: a rough, rocking, catchy and shattering flood of guitar dissonance. They add a short post rock interlude before heading into the next surge of "sonic rock" around the 6.30 minute mark. As a fan of the end 80's US guitar rock, there is nothing really new here, but these guys know their game and have the skill to take it to new levels of excellence. In fact, they sound as fresh and enthusiastic as if they had just invented rock themselves. They keep the song going with inspired psychedelic jamming and a focused and honest energy.

Year Zero is quite different. More post rock influences here but not those of the endlessly stretched kind. They build up a soft melancholic song with very fragile vocals that remind me a bit of J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr). The song concludes with a great slow-paced guitar jam that mixes their noisy post rock sound with a proggy stateliness.

With She Left On The Sun Trip they sound like the Motorpsycho I remember from the earlier albums I've heard from them. This track is rocking, exploratory, psychedelic and heavy. It has the Motorpsycho quality of being both catchy and challengingly disharmonious. The second half brings a mesmerizing guitar ambience full of hypnotizing sounds. This is what post-rock should sound like!

The Alchemyst starts as a more traditional indie rock song, spiced with enough sophistication to remain interesting, it settles for a great Hawkwind groove in the second half. Especially that part of the song convinces with its steady rhythm, pulsating bass and washes of sound effects. The last minutes offer a great wall of sound with a distinct flavour of prog-noise abundance.

Little Lucid Moments is a brilliant guitar rock album with nothing but stellar music. I easily rates a solid 4 stars with potential for more, to be reassessed when I've heard some more of their albums. For all fans of the best indie rock, guitar rock, psychedelic rock, kraut rock, rock rock and other rock.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#283022) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 22, 2010

3 stars Sometimes I like to look at the "Popular Artists (Top 50, Last 24h)" on the PA homepage to see if there are any bands with intriguing names I haven't heard of that I might want to check out. This has been a great way of discovering new music for me and I have added more than a few CDs to my co ... (read more)

Report this review (#1212417) | Posted by FragileKings | Saturday, July 12, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MOTORPSYCHO "Little Lucid Moments"