FESTIVAL

Jon Oliva's Pain Festival album cover

Buy JON OLIVA'S PAIN Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

01. Lies (06:19)
02. Death Rides A Black Horse (06:15)
03. Festival (04:59)
04. Afterglow (06:50)
05. Livin' On The Edge (05:10)
06. Looking For Nothing (03:05)
07. The Evil Within (05:15)
08. Winter Haven (07:38)

Kevin Rothney (bass)
John Zahner (keyboards)
Chris Kinder (drums)

Thanks to A. F. Doyle for the addition

JON OLIVA'S PAIN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JON OLIVA'S PAIN Festival Music

Steamhammer Europe 2005
Locomotive Spain 2006
Limited Edition · Import
Afm Records Germany 2006
Global Warning by Jon Oliva's Pain (2008) Audio CDGlobal Warning by Jon Oliva's Pain (2008) Audio CD
Locomotive Music
JON OLIVA'S PAIN Maniacal Renderings CD (New) US $17.74 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Global Warning Jon Oliva's Pain CD US $8.65 Buy It Now 10h 36m
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - MANIACAL RENDERINGS, GERMAN CLEAR vinyl 2LP, 150 COPIES! NEW! US $41.99 Buy It Now 13h 31m
Jon Oliva's Pain / Global CD US $17.78 Buy It Now 1 day
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - FESTIVAL NEW CD US $23.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Festival - Jon Oliva's Pain (2010, CD New) US $10.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Festival Jon Oliva's Pain CD US $11.35 Buy It Now 1 day
SAVATAGE streets a rock opera JAPAN CD Jon Oliva's Pain AMCY-304 US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jon Oliva's Pain - Festival [CD New] US $13.13 Buy It Now 2 days
Jon Oliva`S Pain Global Warning CD NEW US $12.71 Buy It Now 3 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN FESTIVAL + BONUS MULTIMEDIA SEALED CD NEW 2011 US $5.88 Buy It Now 5 days
Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warming US $24.49 Buy It Now 6 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - FESTIVAL cd + multimedia US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning 2008 [CD New] US $23.73 Buy It Now 6 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN**FESTIVAL(LTD ED/BONUS TRACK)**CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 7 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - GLOBAL WARNING (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $32.29 Buy It Now 7 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - GLOBAL WARNING NEW CD US $18.51 Buy It Now 8 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - MANIACAL RENDERINGS, ORG 2006 JAPAN CD + OBI, NEW - SEALED! US $28.99 Buy It Now 9 days
CIRCLE 2 CIRCLE ZAK STEVENS JON OLIVA'S PAIN SAVATAGE TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA US $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN Tage Mahal CD SAVATAGE, DOCTOR BUTCHER, CIRCLE II, CAFFERY US $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN**FESTIVAL (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $22.26 Buy It Now 10 days
Global Warning - Jon Oliva's Pain (2008, CD New) US $7.73 Buy It Now 12 days
Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning (CD New) US $7.23 Buy It Now 12 days
Global Warning - Jon Oliva's Pain (2008, CD New) 4527516008161 US $31.07 Buy It Now 12 days
JON OLIVA`S PAIN - GLOBAL WARNING (LTD.) - AFMCDD185 US $15.35 Buy It Now 13 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN- Festival - IMPORT ONLY Sealed LP! US $42.72 Buy It Now 14 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - TCHAIKOVSKY: PIANO TRIO IN A MINOR, OP. 50; - NEW CD US $14.90 Buy It Now 15 days
JON OLIVA`S PAIN - MANIACAL RENDERING - AFMCD129 US $16.98 Buy It Now 17 days
Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning [CD New] US $20.80 Buy It Now 20 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - FESTIVAL [JON OLIVA'S PAIN] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $10.12 Buy It Now 20 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - GLOBAL WARNING [JON OLIVA'S PAIN] [4046661105223] - NEW CD US $17.79 Buy It Now 20 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - GLOBAL WARNING [JON OLIVA'S PAIN] [872967003246] - NEW CD US $8.63 Buy It Now 21 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - GLOBAL WARNING NEW CD US $17.75 Buy It Now 24 days
Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning [CD New] US $11.61 Buy It Now 25 days
Maniacal Renderings Jon Oliva's Pain CD US $53.76 Buy It Now 26 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - MANIACAL RENDERINGS (UK) NEW CD US $30.76 Buy It Now 26 days
MILLENIUM - Jericho (CD 2004) Melodic Heavy Power Metal Kamelot Jon Oliva's Pain US $15.99 Buy It Now 27 days
JON OLIVA'S PAIN - MANIACAL RENDERINGS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $69.05 Buy It Now 27 days
Jon Oliva's Pain - Manical Renderings [CD New] US $12.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Manical Renderings Jon Oliva's Pain CD US $22.01 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy JON OLIVA'S PAIN music online Buy JON OLIVA'S PAIN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JON OLIVA'S PAIN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Festival ratings distribution

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Festival reviews

Review by snobb
2 stars I am not a big fan of such kind of heavy metal, but just used the possibility to listen this very freshly released album. No surprises.

Melodic heavy metal with some symphonic arrangements, very predictable if not stereotypic, too polished to be real heavy metal and not enough progressive to be good prog- metal. Many power metal elements make this music easy accessible, but with too strong commercial smell.

Vocal is strong, but not for everyone's taste, similar to early Udo's voice in Accept. Songs are melodic, but of very simple structure. Both guitars sound competent, though.

All album sounds as it was recorded somewhere in early eighties- stylistically and by musical arrangements. I think power metal lovers could be interested in it, but don't expect progressive element there. Early Accept/Udo albums as originals are better almost in all departments.

Almost 2,5.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#267014) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 19, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover and E&O Teams
3 stars Let met take a part in evaluating this album as well. I know your taste Slava (snobb) and I respect you a lot, but not everyone thinks like you. That's no offense, it's just that majority of people coming here will be less hardened in Prog terms and won't be so careful about what they like. More or less, I'm one of these, even also I began my transformation into something different, I hesitate more before rating something with extreme number of stars etc. That's life I suppose.

What we get here is quite Heavy Progressive Metal (most of the tracks), but that's no rule here, because you'll get also acoustic folk rock (Now) that transforms into Rock tune later (reminding me John Wetton's Icon a little bit). Rock-like ballad Winter Haven that again, ends in mixture of melodic Metal and Harder elements. Looking for nothing is also one of these, very acoustic, together with Afterglow, or at least certain parts of it.

4(-), Very eclectic album that has a lot to offer, of which main theme is Prog Metal. Except first two tracks which I don't like so much.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#269114) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 01, 2010

Review by CCVP
2 stars Average and ordinary

Being an acquaintant of Savatage's music, it was only a matter of time before I would find myself listening to some post-Savatage project of Jon Oliva. Trans-Siberian Orchestra was the first of them, but it proved to be an utter and complete disappointment in almost every possible aspect, so not much time after I have bought Night Castle I manage to exchange it at the store for Jon Oliva's Pain's fourth album, entitled Festival, which, by comparison, sounded like a mind-blowing album. However, the truth came to me after listening to it a number of times and comparing it with other albums I have.

As far as standard progressive metal goes (if there is such a thing), the compositions in this album are not dearing at all, staying at all times in the confort zone and having very few moments that are any surprising. Throughout the album you have that feeling that you have heard something similar, whatever the song that is playing; it constantly feels like you are listening to something you've already listened somewhere or sometime before. Furthermore, everything seems to be rather monochromatic and bland, even Jon's characteristical aggressive vocals sounds uninspired! If there is a way to describe this band's sound, I would say it is like a worsened version of Savatage mixed with some Black Sabbath and late 70's Pink Floyd.

That being said, I would like to point that there are not any bad song in Festival. They aren't extraordinary as well and do stay only in Jon Oliva's confort zone, but they are all quite listenable and don't have any further bad points besides not being special. It seems that there isn't anybody to chalange Jon creatively.

Due to that, I do believe that two stars would be the most fitting rating: only the fans (like myself) will enjoy listening to Festival.

Send comments to CCVP (BETA) | Report this review (#513875) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 03, 2011

4 stars I must say a few words about JON OLIVA's PAIN. Some people thinks about Progressive Music as something "as complex as it can get", and that's a very little artistic thought, not to mention the very limited view upon a music style that can be so much rich and daring. JON OLIVA is a vanguardi ... (read more)

Report this review (#268976) | Posted by A. F. Doyle | Sunday, February 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JON OLIVA'S PAIN "Festival"