SPOOKY TWO

- Mike Harrison / keyboards, vocals
- Mike Kellie / drums
- Greg Ridley / bass, guitar
- Gary Wright / keyboards, vocals

LP (U.K.): Island ILPS-9098 (1969)
LP (U.S.): A & M SP-4194 (1969)
Vinyl - Polydor # 543038 (1969)
CD - A & M 3124 (1988)

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

SPOOKY TOOTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two Music

The Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only YesterdayThe Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday
Remastered
A&M 1999
You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your JawYou Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw
Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2005
Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974
Import · Remastered
Cross PurposeCross Purpose
Ruf 1999
The MirrorThe Mirror
Valley Media, Inc 1992
SPOOKY TOOTH-THE BEST OF-JAPAN ISSUE PROMO LABEL +OBI US $56.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Spooky Tooth Tobacco Road 1st USA Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, A+ SOUND! US $35.00 Buy It Now 6h 8m
1979 "NM Wax" ??? Sample Gary Wright Headin' Home P-10632W Japan Spooky Tooth US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Spooky Tooth, SPOOKY TWO, ORIGINAL 1969 UK ISLAND RECORD LABEL LP IN GATEFOLD. US $67.24 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth, IT'S ALL ABOUT SPOOKY TOOTH, ORIGINAL 1968 UK ISLAND RECORDS LP. US $67.24 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Lot Of 2 7" Dream Weaver Love Is Alive Spooky Tooth US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Spooky Tooth Featuring Mike Harrison,The Last Puff,Matrix A//1 & B//1,LP US $47.89 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Boxer - Bloodletting (CD 1979/2012)-Spooky Tooth/Van der Graaf Generator US $2.44 [2 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH - The Last Puff, ORIGINAL 1970 PINK ISLAND LP..... NICE COPY US $11.75 [0 bids]
Boxer - Below the Belt (CD 1975/2012) Spooky Tooth/Van der Graaf Generator US $5.38 [5 bids]
Gary Wright Footprint Spooky Tooth LP George Harrison EX US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Mike Harrison (Spooky Tooth) Island Pink Rim UK LP US $5.00 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW A&M PROMO 1973 US $12.99 Buy It Now 18h 55m
SPOOKY TOOTH / YOU BROKE MY HEART SO ~ ORIGINAL US 1973 US $13.99 Buy It Now 20h 45m
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw 1973 A&M Records Vinyl LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW 1973 PSYCH LP US PRESS US $12.75 Buy It Now 21h 54m
SPOOKY TOOTH BEST OF 1975 JAPAN CD PHCR-4844 US $15.99 Buy It Now 22h 40m
ARMAGGEDON LP/1970 German Heavy Prog Rock/Krautrock/Jeff Beck/Spooky Tooth US $38.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE V.I.P.'s pre SPOOKY TOOTH 2LP THE VIPS HUMBLE PIE US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth Vinyl Record US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH SPOOKY TWO LP US $8.99 [0 bids]
"7"-Spooky Tooth-Son of Your Father '69 uk psych freakbeat pink island label!! US $15.99 [0 bids]
MIKE HARRISON '71 US Island pink rim solo LP by SPOOKY TOOTH M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth With Pierre Henry - Ceremony (NEW CD) US $19.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth featuring Mike Harrison- The Last Puff- used 8 Track tape US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Remember The Sixties/Spooky Tooth Pretty Things Hendrix.Dutch Double LP Set. US $13.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Gary Wright (Spooky Tooth) - Human Love (CD 2007) NEW/SEALED US $4.62 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH: The Last Puff (rare rock & pop LP) US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE HARRISON/SPOOKY TOOTH Smokestack Lightning 1972 US 2nd solo lp EX vinyl! US $24.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH you broke my heart so i busted your jaw LP VG SP 4385 Vinyl 1973 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Mirror Spooky Tooth CD Charly Import Gary Wright US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth That was only Yesterday Test Pessing 1973 not a reissue US $50.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth Tobacco Road Test Pressing not a reissue 1970's US $50.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH WITNESS LP 721 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Early Recordings David Bowie Led Zeppelin Status Quo Spooky Tooth US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE HARRISON - Rainbow Rider LP Island cc Spooky Tooth US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth Nomad Poets Live Germany '04 CD NEW SEALED US $8.39 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH spooky two Orig. UK '69 EYE ISLAND TRAFFIC NIRVANA FREE NICK DRAKE US $18.49 [2 bids]
KALEIDOSCOPE - FAINTLY BLOWING PSYCH SEALED AMAZING! NEW ON SUNBEAM SPOOKY TOOTH US $42.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "CROSS PURPOSE" GERMAN IMPORT 1999 CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE ROXY MUSIC ENO JETHRO TULL KING CRIMSON TRAFFIC FREE SPOOKY TOOTH VACD US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff MIKE HARRISON LP 1970 UK 1st Press! PINK ISLAND US $12.61 [8 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff 1970 First US Pressing Brown A&M Label SP42 Near Mint US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH, 60s BLUES PSYCHE ROCK LP, CEREMONY, A&M LABEL US $14.99 [0 bids]
The Mirror, Spooky Tooth, Good Import US $28.98 Buy It Now 2 days
STUNNING KILLER COPY UK Spooky Tooth You broke my heart Pink Island LP 1973 US $82.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth - CD 1970/2005 - The Last Puff (bonus tracks) US $2.96 [3 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH Cross Purpose CD 1999 Classic Bluesy Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH: Son Of Your Father (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two 1969 A&M LP SP 4194 VG+ US $7.50 [0 bids]
Cross Purpose by Spooky Tooth (CD, Feb-1999, Ruf Records) US $1.99 [0 bids]
LP-Spooky Tooth-You Broke My Heart So I busted..70's UK hard rock-US issue US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH: Best of Spooky Tooth (Rock & Pop Island ILPS-9368 Vinyl LP) US $9.94 [0 bids]
Tremeloes/Marmalade/Simon Dupree/Nice/Spooky Tooth 1968 Brighton Flyer US $36.98 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE HARRISON - MIKE HARRISON CD spooky tooth singer US $29.86 Buy It Now 3 days
Mike Harrison s/t Island (Capitol) original 1st press SMAS-9313 NM Spooky Tooth US $20.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth ,weird,sunshine help me,psych group 60th,listen,45 US $13.38 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror LP 1974 Island Records Canada VG/GD Prog Rock Album US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CD-Spooky Tooth-Cross Purpose UK Hard Rock Psych~pop US $8.99 [0 bids]
* SPOOKY TOOTH THE LAST PUFF / JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - CD 1973/2005 - You Broke My heart ..so I busted your Jaw(bonus) US $1.66 [1 bids]
Gary Wright Spooky Tooth Sealed Solo LP 1977 US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Nomad Poets / Live in Germany 2004 Spooky Tooth Audio CD US $21.82 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "Witness" Island Pink Rim 1973 NM g US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth Nomad Poets / Live In Germany 2004 CD NEW US $17.17 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror  ISLAND die cut cover VG+ US $25.55 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH CASSETTE TAPE MIRROR MADE IN EEC1993 US $8.41 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH THE MIRROR DIE CUT CVR. ILPS 9292 CANADA LP IN SHRINK US $8.00 [0 bids]
THE V.I.P.S "LOST & FOUND"14 cut CD 60s 45s & rare tracks. M/M pre-Spooky Tooth US $1.99 [1 bids]
Ceremony: An Electric Mass by Pierre Henry/Spooky Tooth (CD, May-2009, Esoter... US $19.85 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH: The Mirror, IMPORT Prog Rock, Charly Rec. 1992 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth - You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw & Witness LPs US $3.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - You Broke My Heart so I Busted Your Jaw LP Original Gatefold US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
* SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART / JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $44.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth Ceremony RARE Paper Label Cassette Tape US $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH ~ ALL SEWN UP ~ GERMAN 7" ISLAND 13 062 AT US $5.88 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE HARRISON Smokestack Lightning '72 US Island pink rim SPOOKY TOOTH shrinkM- US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE HARRISON Rainbow Rider '75 Island SPOOKY TOOTH Area Code 615 in shrink M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Best Of Greatest Hits CD NEW & SEALED US $8.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Gary Wright Extraction SEALED LP Record + Spooky Tooth 2 Lot The Last Puff US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
"FRIENDS" 1970 U.S. ISSUE A&M RECORDS PROMO ONLY SAMPLER LP-FREE, SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth It's all about LP ILPS9080 1970 UK NICE COPY VG++ US $69.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth Love Really Changed Me/Spooky Blow 1968 US Psych 45 US $10.00 [0 bids]
Nomad Poets Live Spooky Tooth Audio CD US $18.67 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "CEREMONY" ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL JAPANESE 1ST ISSUE RED LABEL PROMO! US $99.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Feelin' Bad / I've Got Enough Heartaches WLP PROMO 45 DJ COPY NM US $19.98 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH So I Busted Your Jaw LP GF Cotton Growing Man Wildfire Holy Water US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth You Broke my Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw Gary Wright US $3.25 Buy It Now 4 days
ART SUPERNATURAL FAIRY TALES RARE '67 german V.I.P.'s island LP spooky tooth NM! US $259.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Best of Spooky Tooth - Island Records - 1975 - LP US $24.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff 8 Track tape US $19.88 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH SPOOKY TWO SP-4194 VINYL LP 1969 ORIGINAL PRESS PSYCH ROCK VG!! US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Spooky Tooth - Nomad Poets Live In Germany 2004 CD EVANGELINE US $38.75 Buy It Now 5 days
GARY WRIGHT Extraction WHITE LABEL PROMO Spooky Tooth US $22.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Last Puff - Spooky Tooth - W/ Mike Harrison - Island Germany PINK - EX US $16.99 [0 bids]
Cross Purpose by Spooky Tooth (CD, Feb-1999, Ruf Records (Germany)) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth YOU BROKE MY HEART .....Original A&M Release SP4385 US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SPOOKY TOOTH SPOOKY TWO CD FREE KING CRIMSON JOY DIVISION EMERSON LAKE US $15.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH = LP = YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW US $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw vinyl LP 1973 US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy SPOOKY TOOTH music online Buy SPOOKY TOOTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPOOKY TOOTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(57%)

SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars Some years ago I suggested to add Spooky Tooth to the Prog Archives database. Now, finally it was added, and I think it was a good idea.

Maybe this is their most known and popular album. For years this album was their only available album with all their other albums being out of print in the U.S and U.K. in the LP and CD formats. And I think that it has some very progressive arrangements, and most of the lyrics are "dark" in meaning and difficult to understand. Most of the songs were composed by Gary Wright, which, apart from being a musician, he has a Psychology degree. So, maybe he wanted the lyrics to have some "intelectual meaning" which is not very apparent for some of the listeners.

"Waiting for the Wind" (composed by Luther Grosvenor, Mike Harrison and Gary Wright) starts with a drums rhythm, and maybe it is one of the more "conventional" rock songs in sound in this album (and also one of the best).

"FeelinīBad" (by Mike Kellie and Gary Wright) is a "dark" song but good anyway.

"I've Got Enough Heartaches " (also by Kellie and Wright) has female backing vocals and also a piano part which Steve Winwood played, as he says in his official website. It is also a good song with some psychedelic influences.

"Evil Woman" (composed by someone called Weiss) is a heavy song with a very good lead guitar and some influences from Blues music. A very intense song.

The next songs were originally on the Side Two of the L.P. and all were composed by Wright alone:

"Lost in my Dream": wiith also some psychedelic influences and strange lyrics which seem to narrate a nightmare instead of a peaceful dream. It has very good drums and dramatic vocals, and also very good backing vocals. It is a dramatic song in content and in playing.

"That was Only Yesterday": maybe the best song in this album and maybe one of their more popular songs, it was recorded again by the band (without Wright) in 1999 for their album called "Cross Purposes" (an album which I have not listened yet). This original version has some harmonica playing.

"Better by You, Better Than Me " is another dramatic song, played with a lot of energy and also with very good drums by Kellie. This song was recorded years later by the band Judas Priest (but I have not listened to their version yet),

The album is finished with the song called "Hangman Hang my Shell on a Tree", which has strange lyrics but it is played with a lot of energy, and it also has some wind instruments played in the background.

Wright and Harrison were the lead singers in this band, but it is difficult to me to known which songs are sung by each of them. After this 1969 album was recorded Greg Ridley left the band to form Humble Pie with Steve Marriott, Jerry Shirley and Peter Frampton. He died some years ago.The most recent line-up of this band (in this century) has Harrison, Wright and Kellie plus some backing musicians.

I first listened to this album in the English L.P. version which had a gatefold cover, in 1973. In late 1980 I bought the U.S, version which didnīt have a gatefold cover. The original U.K. front cover was printed in at least six different colour tonalities, one of which is shown in this page.

To see scans of the original U.K. L.P. front cover printed in several colour tonalties, visit www.collectable-records.ru/groups/spooky_tooth/two.htm

I know that some of their albums have been re-issued some years ago in Europe in the CD format. This album was also re-issued there.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#410609) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 03, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars On Spooky Two, Spooky Tooth offer a gritty organ and guitar-driven sound which charts a course that meanders between the evocative prog-leaning proto-metal of Deep Purple or Atomic Rooster on the one hand and the brash, bluesy hard rock of the Faces on the other. Unlike the classics of those bands, however, it doesn't quite elevate itself beyond the aesthetic of its time and the album never quite catches fire; although all of the songs on here are good, if you've got an appreciable 1970s hard rock collection you've probably heard a lot of the tricks on here done better by other artists.

The absolute best and most original song on here is Better By You, Better Than Me, and to be honest the Judas Priest cover version of that number absolutely blows the original out of the water. Doubtless innovative on release, Spooky Two doesn't quite endure the test of time, though if you are feeling nostalgic and want to evoke the feel of the early 1970s it's an effective way to accomplish that.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#984957) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 24, 2013

Post a review of SPOOKY TOOTH "Spooky Two"