SPOOKY TWO

- Mike Harrison / keyboards, vocals
- Mike Kellie / drums
- Greg Ridley / bass, guitar
- Gary Wright / keyboards, vocals

LP (U.K.): Island ILPS-9098 (1969)
LP (U.S.): A & M SP-4194 (1969)
Vinyl - Polydor # 543038 (1969)
CD - A & M 3124 (1988)

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

SPOOKY TOOTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two Music

The Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only YesterdayThe Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday
Remastered
A&M 1999
It's All AboutIt's All About
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2005
Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974
Import · Remastered
Spooky TwoSpooky Two
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Best of Spooky ToothBest of Spooky Tooth
Island UK 1991
SPOOKY TOOTH - You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw - A&M LP 1973 NM US $9.99 [1 bids]
GARY WRIGHT "Footprint" rare WHITE LABEL PROMO LP 1971 (A&M 4296) SPOOKY TOOTH US $12.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two 1969 1st issue 8-TR tape STILL SEALED! US $29.95 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT The Dream Weaver 1975 US issue 8-TR STILL SEALED! SPOOKY TOOTH US $12.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH LP, Tobacco Road (A&M US Issue EX/EX) US $25.43 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Tremeloes/Marmalade/Simon Dupree/Nice/Spooky Tooth 1968 Brighton Flyer US $37.54 Buy It Now 6h 32m
SPOOKY TOOTH-All Sewn Up UK Island 7"single US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Spooky Tooth - The Mirror - 1974 8-Track Deep Purple Uriah Heep Humble Pie Rush US $3.99 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT Dream Weaver BEAUTIFUL ORIGINAL 1975 WARNER BROS LP Spooky Tooth US $5.76 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH "You Broke My Heart So I busted Your Jaw" 1973 Blues Rock LP VG++ US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 54m
SPOOKY TOOTH/PIERRE HENRY Ceremony: An Electronic Mass LP 1970 Psych Experiment US $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 6m
SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror LP 1974 Island Records Canada VG/GD Prog Rock Album US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 7m
GARY WRIGHT Extraction ORIGINAL WHITE LABEL PROMO LP Spooky Tooth US $9.99 [0 bids]
CD-Spooky Tooth-Cross Purpose UK Hard Rock Psych~pop US $8.99 Buy It Now 18h 16m
SPOOKY TOOTH W/ MIKE HARRISON - THE LAST PUFF - 1970 ORIG. EX. VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth Featuring Mike Harrison - The Last Puff LP - A&M - Blues Rock US $11.39 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Spooky Tooth Sealed Solo LP 1977 US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 33m
SPOOKY TOOTH two UK ORIGINAL PINK ISLAND ILPS-9098 LP psych US $99.99 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw LP US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH you broke my heart Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $29.99 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH spooky two Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $34.32 [4 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH witness Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $29.99 [2 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH the last puff Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $24.99 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT - SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Yesterday WHITE LABEL PROMO 2-LP A US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH CASSETTE TAPE MIRROR MADE IN EEC1993 US $7.03 Buy It Now 23h 3m
LP-Spooky Tooth-You Broke My Heart So I busted..70's UK hard rock-US issue US $14.00 Buy It Now 23h 5m
SPOOKY TOOTH ~ SPOOKY TWO ~ ORIGINAL LP 1969 ON A&M SP 4194 US $3.99 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT Extraction 1st US press A&M brown label gatefold Spooky Tooth US $14.95 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth vinyl LP album record Spooky Two - Pink 'eye' - VG UK ILPS9098 US $151.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Cross Purpose by Spooky Tooth (CD, Feb-1999, Ruf Records) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH (GARY WRIGHT) - 1973 - "You broke my heart so I broke ." US $4.79 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH - 1976 - "That was only yesterday" WL PROMO US $4.79 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH ~ ALL SEWN UP ~ GERMAN 7" ISLAND 13 062 AT US $5.97 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE HARRISON Rainbow Rider '75 Island SPOOKY TOOTH Area Code 615 in shrink M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH Witness LP 1973 Island orig VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH Best Of Greatest Hits CD NEW & SEALED US $8.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth Ceremony 1970 LP Vinyl NM- Original Press A&M SP 4225 Pierre Henry US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MOSNTER MAGNET SOUNDGARDEN SUPERTRAMP Y&T STYX SPOOKY TOOTH LUSTRE V/A 2CD 1995 US $2.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH Ceremony PIERRE HENRY A&M SP-4225 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vtg. SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff Vinyl Record LP - VG Condition!! US $9.84 Buy It Now 1 day
GARRY WRIGHT Dream Weather SPOOKY TOOTH solo MINT Lp US $5.26 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH- 7 NEW RARE JEWEL CASE CDS- 4 REPERTOIRE LABEL + WRIGHT-ANDY LEIGH US $129.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Ceremony LP Vinyl VG+ Cover VG+ orig sleeve SP4225 US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ART SUPERNATURAL FAIRY TALES RARE '67 german V.I.P.'s island LP spooky tooth NM! US $259.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Vinyl Record 12" LP - Spooky Tooth - Witness - Album US $12.75 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT Extraction. Repertoire CD Spooky Tooth US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT Headin' Home 8 track tape STILL SEALED Original Spooky Tooth US $4.49 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT Extraction 1st US press A&M WLPromo Spooky Tooth US $39.95 [0 bids]
Gary Wright THE LIGHT OF SMILES cd~OFFICIAL~(David Foster.Pomeranz.Spooky Tooth) US $168.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two 1st US press tan A&M label 1969 Gary Wright US $19.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-HELL OR HGH WATER/THE MIRROR-ISLAND - USA US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-FANTASY SATISFIER/THE HOOFER-GOODEAR - UK US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FOREIGNER Double Vision + Agent 2LP lot KING CRIMSON BLACK SHEEP SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FOREIGNER 4 + Head Games 2LP lot KING CRIMSON BLACK SHEEP SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FOREIGNER Debut + 4 2LP lot KING CRIMSON BLACK SHEEP SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FOREIGNER DEBUT + Double Vision 2LP lot KING CRIMSON BLACK SHEEP SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FOREIGNER DEBUT + Head Games 2LP lot KING CRIMSON BLACK SHEEP SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best Of Humble Pie CD *NEW Orig 1993 Small Faces Spooky Tooth Peter Frampton US $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT Extraction WHITE LABEL PROMO Spooky Tooth US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw vinyl LP 1973 US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth - CD 1970/2005 - The Last Puff (bonus tracks) US $2.24 [2 bids]
7"-Single SPOOKY TOOTH Two Time Love (1974) GERMANY PS / GARY WRIGHT / FOREIGNER US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH LOT OF 13 LPS 45 WITNESS ISLAND MIKE HARRISON TWO BROKE LAST PUFF US $67.00 [4 bids]
? Gary Wright - Light of Smiles (W.B.) ex-Spooky Tooth US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
? Gary Wright - Who I Am (Cypress) (ex-Spooky Tooth) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
? Gary Wright - Touch & Gone (ex-Spooky Tooth) (sealed) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CEREMONY - SPOOKY TOOTH (Cassette) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - The Mirror - ORIGINAL 1974 Island Die-Cut LP -SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth " Witness " NM- 1973 SW-9337 US $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Yesterday 2 LP A&M SP 3528 US 1973 SEALED M US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
^ SPOOKY TOOTH it's all about UICY-93501 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Promo 2 LP Set - Best Of GARY WRIGHT & SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Only Yesterday - NM US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - Nomad Poets Live - KOCCD4427 US $17.32 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two A&M USA 1969 Analog ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $65.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth It's All About UK Island Analog ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth The Last Puff A&M Analog Reissue Near Mint ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
V.I.P.'s - Lost & Found CD british beat r&b mod art spooky tooth keith emerson US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky tooth-1986 magazine article US $8.52 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - Nomad Poets Live - GELM4108 US $15.10 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH / PIERRE HENRY - CEREMONY NEW CD US $33.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Gary Wright Spooky Tooth Lp Lot Of 7 Vinyl Records G+ Ex Classic Rock US $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The last puff Spooky Tooth A&M Records SP4266 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
7" V.I.P.s I wanna be free ( pre-Spooky Tooth) UK 1966 Island wi-3003 -ORIG 7" US $49.90 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT Footprint SEALED Canadian Pressing SPOOKY TOOTH Klaus Voorman US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth/Pierre Henry/Gary Wright - Ceremony (An Electronic Mass) [used CD] US $5.99 [0 bids]
Trapeze - Hot Wire - RARE cd James Gang Whitesnake Deep Purple Spooky Tooth OOP US $26.99 [0 bids]
(PROMO) SPOOKY TOOTH - "TOBACCO ROAD" LP, A&M SP-4300, 1971 PRESS, NM US $8.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth Best of vinyl LP 1975 Island Records EX US $38.00 Buy It Now 3 days
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1970 SPOOKY TOOTH WITH.MIKE HARRISON The Last Puff SP 4266 US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WHO I AM - GARY WRIGHT LP CYPRESS YL0111 SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth (I've Got Enough Heartaches) Feelin' Bad A&M Records 1110 Promo US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH You Broke My Heart...ROCK LP A&M Brown Label STERLING Gatefold US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH: You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw LP (WLP, gatefold, punch US $25.00 Buy It Now 4 days
WIDOWMAKER S/T NM United Artists LP Spooky Tooth Uriah Heep US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
WITNESS - SPOOKY TOOTH LP NM+ RARE US $23.34 Buy It Now 4 days
Bumpers,Blodwyn Pig,Mott The Hoople,If,Spooky Tooth,Free,Jethro Tull,LP US $60.56 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy SPOOKY TOOTH music online Buy SPOOKY TOOTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPOOKY TOOTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(10%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(64%)

SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars Some years ago I suggested to add Spooky Tooth to the Prog Archives database. Now, finally it was added, and I think it was a good idea.

Maybe this is their most known and popular album. For years this album was their only available album with all their other albums being out of print in the U.S and U.K. in the LP and CD formats. And I think that it has some very progressive arrangements, and most of the lyrics are "dark" in meaning and difficult to understand. Most of the songs were composed by Gary Wright, which, apart from being a musician, he has a Psychology degree. So, maybe he wanted the lyrics to have some "intelectual meaning" which is not very apparent for some of the listeners.

"Waiting for the Wind" (composed by Luther Grosvenor, Mike Harrison and Gary Wright) starts with a drums rhythm, and maybe it is one of the more "conventional" rock songs in sound in this album (and also one of the best).

"Feelin´Bad" (by Mike Kellie and Gary Wright) is a "dark" song but good anyway.

"I've Got Enough Heartaches " (also by Kellie and Wright) has female backing vocals and also a piano part which Steve Winwood played, as he says in his official website. It is also a good song with some psychedelic influences.

"Evil Woman" (composed by someone called Weiss) is a heavy song with a very good lead guitar and some influences from Blues music. A very intense song.

The next songs were originally on the Side Two of the L.P. and all were composed by Wright alone:

"Lost in my Dream": wiith also some psychedelic influences and strange lyrics which seem to narrate a nightmare instead of a peaceful dream. It has very good drums and dramatic vocals, and also very good backing vocals. It is a dramatic song in content and in playing.

"That was Only Yesterday": maybe the best song in this album and maybe one of their more popular songs, it was recorded again by the band (without Wright) in 1999 for their album called "Cross Purposes" (an album which I have not listened yet). This original version has some harmonica playing.

"Better by You, Better Than Me " is another dramatic song, played with a lot of energy and also with very good drums by Kellie. This song was recorded years later by the band Judas Priest (but I have not listened to their version yet),

The album is finished with the song called "Hangman Hang my Shell on a Tree", which has strange lyrics but it is played with a lot of energy, and it also has some wind instruments played in the background.

Wright and Harrison were the lead singers in this band, but it is difficult to me to known which songs are sung by each of them. After this 1969 album was recorded Greg Ridley left the band to form Humble Pie with Steve Marriott, Jerry Shirley and Peter Frampton. He died some years ago.The most recent line-up of this band (in this century) has Harrison, Wright and Kellie plus some backing musicians.

I first listened to this album in the English L.P. version which had a gatefold cover, in 1973. In late 1980 I bought the U.S, version which didn´t have a gatefold cover. The original U.K. front cover was printed in at least six different colour tonalities, one of which is shown in this page.

To see scans of the original U.K. L.P. front cover printed in several colour tonalties, visit www.collectable-records.ru/groups/spooky_tooth/two.htm

I know that some of their albums have been re-issued some years ago in Europe in the CD format. This album was also re-issued there.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#410609) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 03, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars On Spooky Two, Spooky Tooth offer a gritty organ and guitar-driven sound which charts a course that meanders between the evocative prog-leaning proto-metal of Deep Purple or Atomic Rooster on the one hand and the brash, bluesy hard rock of the Faces on the other. Unlike the classics of those bands, however, it doesn't quite elevate itself beyond the aesthetic of its time and the album never quite catches fire; although all of the songs on here are good, if you've got an appreciable 1970s hard rock collection you've probably heard a lot of the tricks on here done better by other artists.

The absolute best and most original song on here is Better By You, Better Than Me, and to be honest the Judas Priest cover version of that number absolutely blows the original out of the water. Doubtless innovative on release, Spooky Two doesn't quite endure the test of time, though if you are feeling nostalgic and want to evoke the feel of the early 1970s it's an effective way to accomplish that.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#984957) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 24, 2013

Post a review of SPOOKY TOOTH "Spooky Two"