SPOOKY TWO

- Mike Harrison / keyboards, vocals
- Mike Kellie / drums
- Greg Ridley / bass, guitar
- Gary Wright / keyboards, vocals

LP (U.K.): Island ILPS-9098 (1969)
LP (U.S.): A & M SP-4194 (1969)
Vinyl - Polydor # 543038 (1969)
CD - A & M 3124 (1988)

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

SPOOKY TOOTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two Music

The Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only YesterdayThe Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday
Remastered
A&M 1999
It's All AboutIt's All About
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2005
Spooky TwoSpooky Two
A&M 1990
Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974
Import · Remastered
Esoteric 2009
Lost BroadcastsLost Broadcasts
Widescreen
United States Dist 2012
DVD$7.89
Spooky Tooth: Nomad Poets Live in GermanySpooky Tooth: Nomad Poets Live in Germany
Multiple Formats
Koch Records 2007
DVD$9.63
The MirrorThe Mirror
Valley Media, Inc 1992
Spooky Tooth-All Sewn Up 7" German P/S 1973 US $13.03 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Gary Wright Light Smiles 12" LP 1977 Warner Brothers Spooky Tooth VG+/VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT ex SPOOKY TOOTH - The Right Place Lp - Warner - SEALED CUT OUT US $7.99 [0 bids]
MIKE HARRISON Rainbow Rider '75 Island SPOOKY TOOTH Area Code 615 in shrink M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Spooky Tooth - You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw - Original Vinyl LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
ART SUPERNATURAL FAIRY TALES RARE '67 german V.I.P.'s island LP spooky tooth NM! US $259.00 Buy It Now 17h 30m
GARY WRIGHT SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Only Yesterday ROCK 2XLP A&M Gatefold US $5.00 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT The Dream Weaver 1975 US issue 8-TR STILL SEALED! SPOOKY TOOTH US $12.95 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth:Witness LP/1973 Island US pink rim psych US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH W/ MIKE HARRISON - THE LAST PUFF - 1970 ORIG. EX. VINYL US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - 'Spooky Two' UK 'pink eye' Island label ILPS 9098 first issue US $13.05 [3 bids]
YOU CAN ALL JOIN IN - Island Sampler 1969 - Jethro Tull, Free, Spooky Tooth, Etc US $11.34 [0 bids]
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1970 SPOOKY TOOTH WITH.MIKE HARRISON The Last Puff SP 4266 US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GARY WRIGHT Extraction WHITE LABEL PROMO Spooky Tooth US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH All sewn up 7" USA ROCK POP US $6.51 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH - IT'S ALL ABOUT 68 DEBUT + SINGLES & LIVE BBC BONUS TRKS SEALED CD US $22.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw vinyl LP 1973 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth Witness LP Island SW-9337 1973 Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
10/45's 60's Rock Pic Sleeves & 45's Spooky tooth & Surfaris Many N M # 83 US $24.99 [0 bids]
Art ?- Supernatural Fairy Tales REISSUE LP spooky tooth US $19.57 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth: Waitin' For The Wind / That Was Only Yesterday 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
7"-Single SPOOKY TOOTH Two Time Love (1974) GERMANY PS / GARY WRIGHT / FOREIGNER US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff ISLAND RECORDS 1970 German pressing MIKE HARRISON US $36.95 Buy It Now 1 day
1st press SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART LP A&M clean EX+/M- US $0.99 [0 bids]
? Gary Wright - Light of Smiles (W.B.) ex-Spooky Tooth US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Gary Wright - Who I Am (Cypress) (ex-Spooky Tooth) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Gary Wright - Touch & Gone (ex-Spooky Tooth) (sealed) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth The Last Puff A&M records SP4266 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH Ceremony LP Vinyl VG+ Cover VG+ orig sleeve SP4225 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CEREMONY - SPOOKY TOOTH (Cassette) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - The Mirror - ORIGINAL 1974 Island Die-Cut LP -SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth " Witness " NM- 1973 SW-9337 US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
LUTHER GROSVENOR - Under Open Skies LP (1st US Press on ISLAND, ex-Spooky Tooth) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH "SPOOKY TWO" SP-4194 FIRST PRESSING (VERY NICE) LP RECORD US $10.00 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT Extraction 1st US press A&M WLPromo Spooky Tooth US $39.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two 1st US press tan A&M label 1969 Gary Wright US $19.95 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Yesterday 2 LP A&M SP 3528 US 1973 SEALED M US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Promo 2 LP Set - Best Of GARY WRIGHT & SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Only Yesterday - NM US $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth 7Ļ single I Am The Walrus pink label Island original Germany US $8.95 [0 bids]
Cross Purpose by Spooky Tooth (CD, Feb-1999, Ruf Records (Germany)) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Spooky tooth-1986 magazine article US $8.14 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH:SON OF YOUR FATHER/I'VE GOT ENOUGH HEARTACHE US $4.89 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE ROXY MUSIC ENO JETHRO TULL KING CRIMSON TRAFFIC FREE SPOOKY TOOTH VACD US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth with Pierre Henry/Ceremony (France/MANTRA Label/1st Press) US $25.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-LOST BROADCASTS DVD NEW US $16.26 Buy It Now 2 days
L6-34 Vinyl Record Album 45 Island Promotional Copy Spooky Tooth Hell Or High... US $42.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth feat Mike Harrison the last Puff 1970 A US $15.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH - YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED ... LP MINT / SEALED!!! ORIGINAL C US $65.23 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH LP Spooky Two 1969 A+M US $5.00 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Spooky Tooth Lp Lot Of 7 Vinyl Records G+ Ex Classic Rock US $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AVANTGARDE ROCK/ Spooky Tooth - Ceremony (LP) US $9.99 [0 bids]
The last puff Spooky Tooth A&M Records SP4266 US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT Footprint SEALED Canadian Pressing SPOOKY TOOTH Klaus Voorman US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two LP SEALED US $199.99 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT - SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Yesterday WHITE LABEL PROMO 2-LP A US $7.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth Best of vinyl LP 1975 Island Records EX US $38.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WHO I AM - GARY WRIGHT LP CYPRESS YL0111 SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth (I've Got Enough Heartaches) Feelin' Bad A&M 1110 Promo US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT - THE RIGHT PLACE Synth Pop / 80's Spooky Tooth Near Mint Plus US $4.44 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two 12" LP NM US A&M US $9.98 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH: You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw LP (WLP, gatefold, punch US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WIDOWMAKER S/T NM United Artists LP Spooky Tooth Uriah Heep US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Feelin' Bad / I've Got Enough Heartaches WLP PROMO 45 DJ COPY NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw" Records Album Vinyl LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "Spooky Two" SP-4194 A&M Records Album LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LP SPOOKY TOOTH "THE LAST PUFF" A&M SP 4266 White Label Promo US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT Headin' Home 8 track tape STILL SEALED Original Spooky Tooth US $4.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth & Pierre Henry - Ceremony - Esoteric US $16.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth,Tobacco Road,1971 A & M Press.VG To EX Cond. US $0.99 [0 bids]
GARY MOORE , SPOOKY TOOTH LP THAT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ceremony Spooky Tooth Record LP A&M Psych Rock VG++ White Label Promo W/Inner US $19.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth/Pierre Henry Ceremony LP A&M SP 4225 E Condition US $7.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Missing Teeth! / TendolarTDR-041 Import - Silver CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT Extraction. Repertoire CD Spooky Tooth US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT, HEADIN' HOME /SPOOKY TOOTH/ LP 1979 US EX/VG+, INNER/SL US $6.92 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT, TOUCH AND GONE /SPOOKY TOOTH/ LP 1977 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX/VG G/F US $6.92 Buy It Now 3 days
MOSNTER MAGNET SOUNDGARDEN SUPERTRAMP Y&T STYX SPOOKY TOOTH LUSTRE V/A 2CD 1995 US $2.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth "You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw" 1973 A & M LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth LP You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw 1973 Gatefold EX US $12.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH, The Last Puff LP Record Album US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT Extraction 1st US press A&M brown label gatefold Spooky Tooth US $14.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH Ceremony PIERRE HENRY A&M SP-4225 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT Who I Am w Take A Look CD SPOOKY TOOTH WONDERWHEEL GEORGE HARRISON US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - Cross Purpose CD SEALED US $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ISLAND BUMPERS DOUBLE LP -V/A- PINK i LABEL - NICK DRAKE, SPOOKY TOOTH, TRAFFIC US $26.78 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "Spooky Two" WHITE LABEL PROMO LP 1969 (A&M Sp 4194). GARY WRIGHT US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH THE MIRROR CASSETTE TAPE US $13.41 Buy It Now 4 days
Mike Harrison s/t Island (Capitol) original 1st press SMAS-9313 NM Spooky Tooth US $4.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Best Of Spooky Tooth-That Was CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth W/ Pierre Henry - Ceremony - ECLEC2133 US $18.24 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-All Sewn Up UK Island 7"single US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
IT'S ALL ABOUT SPOOKY TOOTH JAPAN EMPTY STORAGE BOX FOR MINI LP CD NEW US $69.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth - Spooky Two (CD, Original 1988 A&M (USA)) Very Rare US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Pierre Henry CEREMONY A&M SP-4225 album vinyl Gary Wright US $21.95 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff ISLAND 85 685 IT GERMANY I Am The Walrus EX LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Best Of Spooky Tooth-That Was [CD New] US $13.17 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth : The Best Of Spooky Tooth CD (2004) US $7.75 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH - BEST OF: THAT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY NEW CD US $19.92 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-IT'S ALL ABOUT-JAPAN SHM-CD 1124 D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy SPOOKY TOOTH music online Buy SPOOKY TOOTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPOOKY TOOTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(9%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(65%)

SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars Some years ago I suggested to add Spooky Tooth to the Prog Archives database. Now, finally it was added, and I think it was a good idea.

Maybe this is their most known and popular album. For years this album was their only available album with all their other albums being out of print in the U.S and U.K. in the LP and CD formats. And I think that it has some very progressive arrangements, and most of the lyrics are "dark" in meaning and difficult to understand. Most of the songs were composed by Gary Wright, which, apart from being a musician, he has a Psychology degree. So, maybe he wanted the lyrics to have some "intelectual meaning" which is not very apparent for some of the listeners.

"Waiting for the Wind" (composed by Luther Grosvenor, Mike Harrison and Gary Wright) starts with a drums rhythm, and maybe it is one of the more "conventional" rock songs in sound in this album (and also one of the best).

"FeelinīBad" (by Mike Kellie and Gary Wright) is a "dark" song but good anyway.

"I've Got Enough Heartaches " (also by Kellie and Wright) has female backing vocals and also a piano part which Steve Winwood played, as he says in his official website. It is also a good song with some psychedelic influences.

"Evil Woman" (composed by someone called Weiss) is a heavy song with a very good lead guitar and some influences from Blues music. A very intense song.

The next songs were originally on the Side Two of the L.P. and all were composed by Wright alone:

"Lost in my Dream": wiith also some psychedelic influences and strange lyrics which seem to narrate a nightmare instead of a peaceful dream. It has very good drums and dramatic vocals, and also very good backing vocals. It is a dramatic song in content and in playing.

"That was Only Yesterday": maybe the best song in this album and maybe one of their more popular songs, it was recorded again by the band (without Wright) in 1999 for their album called "Cross Purposes" (an album which I have not listened yet). This original version has some harmonica playing.

"Better by You, Better Than Me " is another dramatic song, played with a lot of energy and also with very good drums by Kellie. This song was recorded years later by the band Judas Priest (but I have not listened to their version yet),

The album is finished with the song called "Hangman Hang my Shell on a Tree", which has strange lyrics but it is played with a lot of energy, and it also has some wind instruments played in the background.

Wright and Harrison were the lead singers in this band, but it is difficult to me to known which songs are sung by each of them. After this 1969 album was recorded Greg Ridley left the band to form Humble Pie with Steve Marriott, Jerry Shirley and Peter Frampton. He died some years ago.The most recent line-up of this band (in this century) has Harrison, Wright and Kellie plus some backing musicians.

I first listened to this album in the English L.P. version which had a gatefold cover, in 1973. In late 1980 I bought the U.S, version which didnīt have a gatefold cover. The original U.K. front cover was printed in at least six different colour tonalities, one of which is shown in this page.

To see scans of the original U.K. L.P. front cover printed in several colour tonalties, visit www.collectable-records.ru/groups/spooky_tooth/two.htm

I know that some of their albums have been re-issued some years ago in Europe in the CD format. This album was also re-issued there.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#410609) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 03, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars On Spooky Two, Spooky Tooth offer a gritty organ and guitar-driven sound which charts a course that meanders between the evocative prog-leaning proto-metal of Deep Purple or Atomic Rooster on the one hand and the brash, bluesy hard rock of the Faces on the other. Unlike the classics of those bands, however, it doesn't quite elevate itself beyond the aesthetic of its time and the album never quite catches fire; although all of the songs on here are good, if you've got an appreciable 1970s hard rock collection you've probably heard a lot of the tricks on here done better by other artists.

The absolute best and most original song on here is Better By You, Better Than Me, and to be honest the Judas Priest cover version of that number absolutely blows the original out of the water. Doubtless innovative on release, Spooky Two doesn't quite endure the test of time, though if you are feeling nostalgic and want to evoke the feel of the early 1970s it's an effective way to accomplish that.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#984957) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 24, 2013

Post a review of SPOOKY TOOTH "Spooky Two"