WITNESS

9 Pyramids 4:28

Search SPOOKY TOOTH Witness lyrics

Search SPOOKY TOOTH Witness tabs

Bryson Graham Drums
Mike Harrison Percussion, Keyboards, Vocals (bckgr)
Brian Humphries Engineer
Mick Jones Guitar, Guitar (Electric), Vocals (bckgr)
Mike Kellie Percussion, Drums
Chris "Tricky" Stewart Bass
Gary Wright Organ,Synthesizer,Piano,Keyboards,vocal,Clavinet

Vinyl LP - Island # SW9337
CD - Progressive Line -2001 PL519

Thanks to chris s for the addition

SPOOKY TOOTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPOOKY TOOTH Witness Music

The Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only YesterdayThe Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday
Remastered
A&M 1999
Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974
Import · Remastered
Nomad Poets / Live in Germany 2004Nomad Poets / Live in Germany 2004
Koch Records 2007
The MirrorThe Mirror
Valley Media, Inc 1992
Spooky Tooth Witness 1973 Sterling Island 1st Press, EXC, STEAM CLEANED, RARE! US $22.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
SPOOKY TOOTH PIERRE HENRY french jukebox 7" 45 HAVE MERCY PRAYER avantgarde PROG US $1.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH ORIGINAL 1969 UK LP SPOOKY TWO PINK ISLAND EYE LABEL US $169.67 Buy It Now 4h 59m
FRIJID PINK S/T *180 GRAM* LEAF HOUND SPOOKY TOOTH MAY BLITZ CACTUS BLOODROCK US $38.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Spooky Tooth Witness Vinyl LP Island Records 1973 US $4.50 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two LP SEALED US $199.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH two time love 7" b/w the hoofer (bf18273) split seam to pic sleeve US $20.91 Buy It Now 7h 44m
FOREIGNER UNUSUAL HEAT CASSETTE MICK JONES SPOOKY TOOTH WILD HORSES US $12.00 Buy It Now 7h 44m
SPOOKY TOOTH-LIVE IN EUROPE-LIVE SESSIONS 1968-REUNION 1999-BLUE STORM MUSIC '01 US $19.00 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Spooky Tooth: Spooky Two 1969 Rare Still Sealed Original LP Vinyl A US $250.00 Buy It Now 8h 52m
Boxer - Absolutely NM Promo LP (Epic, 1977) WLP ex-spooky tooth US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 53m
Spooky Tooth Tobacco Road 1st USA Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, A+ SOUND! US $20.80 Buy It Now 10h 7m
Spooky Tooth - CD 1970/2005 - The Last Puff (bonus tracks) US $3.38 [2 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH THE BEST OF STUNNING CLEAN VINYL COPY ISLAND RECORDS US $28.28 Buy It Now 12h
SPOOKY TOOTH lp THE MIRROR ISLAND ILPS-9292 ORIGINAL US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
SPOOKY TOOTH WITNESS JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD SEALED US $29.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth Ceremony Pierre Henry ORIGINAL LP A US $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 12m
Spooky Tooth Witness LP Original UK Island ILPS 9255 Gatefold Hard Rock US $39.95 [0 bids]
Early Spooky Tooth Supernatural Fairy Tales LP UK Island ILP 967 Mono US $39.95 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Spooky Two - Original Vinyl LP US $3.99 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH LAST PUFF JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-93504 US $27.99 Buy It Now 18h
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-93505 US $59.99 Buy It Now 18h
SPOOKY TOOTH-FANTASY SATISFIER/THE HOOFER-GOODEAR - UK US $10.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-HELL OR HGH WATER/THE MIRROR-ISLAND - USA US $10.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH weight 7" mono b/w bubbles (269386tf) pic slv german fontana 1968 US $26.39 Buy It Now 1 day
PIERRE HENRY/SPOOKY TOOTH CEREMONY US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GARY WRIGHT - FIRST SIGNS OF LIFE CD + Bonus DVD (New Sealed) Rock Spooky Tooth US $4.27 Buy It Now 1 day
GARY WRIGHT - HUMAN LOVE (New & Sealed) Rock CD Spooky Tooth #0805772815124 US $4.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth GARY WRIGHT INTERVIEW w/ Who Am I & Dream Weaver PROMO CD Single US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE HARRISON Smokestack Lightning LP Spooky Tooth US 1st Press Island Pink Rim US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH PROMO EMPTY BOX Japan mini lp cd US $35.00 [1 bids]
Spooky Tooth Best OF 1975 JAPAN CD OBI H228 US $5.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH: The Last Puff LP (original brown label disc, w/ company inner sle US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GARY WRIGHT Extraction 1970 A&M LP Spooky Tooth US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth Spooky TWO vinyl LP 1969 in shrink STEREO US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gary Wright/Spooky Tooth "That Was Only Yesterday" 1972 Rock, 2-LP's, VG+, Promo US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CROSS PURPOSE by SPOOKY TOOTH (CD, Feb-1999, Ruf Records) ORIGINAL :: SEALED US $1.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - Self Titled - Vinyl Lp Record Bell 6019 Stereo US $5.99 [1 bids]
1970 SPOOKY TOOTH LP A&M ORIG BROWN LABEL The Last Puff ~ PSYCH PROG BLUES ROCK US $9.99 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT SPOOKY TOOTH 2LP RECORD WHITE LABEL PROMO US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH - LOST IN MY DREAM: AN ANTHOLOGY 1968-1974 * - NEW CD BOXSET US $21.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - Spooky Two RARE UK Island Pink I Pressing! ILPS 9098! VG+/VG+ US $59.98 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH (GARY WRIGHT) - "The Mirror" LP 1974 1st US PRESS - DIE CUT COVER US $26.88 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH (MIKE HARRISON) - "The Last Puff" LP 1970 1st US PRESS -GOLD LABEL US $26.88 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH/MIKE HARRISON the last puff 6339 004 german pink labels LP PS EX/EX US $40.26 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH You Broke My Heart...So I Busted Your Jaw 1973 A&M CLASSIC ROCK LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH--"THE WEIGHT"--RARE SINGLE---EX+ US $17.14 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth The Mirror Original SEALED LP UK Charly CR 30167 US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
* SPOOKY TOOTH CEREMONY / JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LUTHER GROSVENOR Under Open Skies '71 island pink rim x SPOOKY TOOTH M- US $4.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff (1970) JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $14.99 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH THE WEIGHT GREAT GERMAN PRESSED 45 BLUE EYED SOUL US $26.00 [0 bids]
ANDREW LEIGH ~ RARE 1970 PROMO LP ~ MAGICIAN ~ SPOOKY TOOTH ~ PSYCH ROCK US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gary Wright (Spooky Tooth) - Human Love (CD 2007) NEW & SEALED (5) US $3.41 Buy It Now 2 days
UNCUT Instant Karma 2002: A Tribute to John Lennon CD 18 Songs Spooky Tooth+ US $17.95 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH - THE BEST OF SPOOKY TOOTH - NEW CD US $11.06 Buy It Now 2 days
PIERRE HENRY Ceremony SPOOKY TOOTH 1969 French ORG LP Electronic PSYCH US $75.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH SPOOKY TWO REEL TO REEL TAPE 7 1/2 IPS US $29.99 [1 bids]
Spooky Tooth - You Broke My Heart so I Busted Your Jaw LP Original Gatefold US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW WHITE LABEL PROMO EX+ US $14.99 [0 bids]
rare spooky tooth lp you broke my heart so i broke yr jaw oz 1st press lower US $82.76 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth Featuring Mike Harrison,The Last Puff,Matrix A//1 & B//1,LP US $44.54 Buy It Now 3 days
Bumpers,Blodwyn Pig,Mott The Hoople,If,Spooky Tooth,Free,Jethro Tull,LP US $61.68 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH - 7"Single - All Sewn Up/Things Change, EX+ US $11.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Cross Purpose by Spooky Tooth (CD, Feb-1999, Ruf Records (Germany)) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - CD 1970/2005 - The Last Puff (bonus tracks) US $13.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two 1969 Stereo LP VG++ US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - The Mirror - 1974 8-Track Deep Purple Uriah Heep Humble Pie Rush US $3.99 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT The Right Place WARNER 1981 Spooky Tooth US $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-THE BEST OF..... CD NEW US $14.02 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH -You Broke My Heart.... So I Busted Your Jaw- 1973 LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH - I am the Walrus(BEATLES)-7"/45 Island-Norway 1970-UNIQUE SL.-EX US $28.99 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE ROXY MUSIC ENO JETHRO TULL KING CRIMSON TRAFFIC FREE SPOOKY TOOTH VACD US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Gary Wright/Spooky Tooth,That Was Only Yesterday, Double LP, Record,Vinyl, Album US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth It's All About + 10 Bouns Tracks CD Original Import Band New Sealed US $17.78 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH FABULOUS SPOOKY 2 ALBUM FROM THIS GREAT PROG ROCK BAND VINYL IS NM US $12.98 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH THE MIRROR 1992 CHARLY RECORDS VERY RARE OOP MADE IN THE ECC US $29.95 [0 bids]
The Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday by Spooky Tooth (CD,... US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH "CEREMONY" REEL TO REEL W/PICTURE BOX US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
FRIENDS SAMPLER WITH HUMBLE PIE SPOOKY TOOTH OTHERS US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH - THE BEST OF : Japan LP w/Obi : Promo, White Label : ILS-80804 US $35.99 Buy It Now 3 days
(RARE PROMO)-SPOOKY TOOTH-" YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW" LP, NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974 * by Spooky Tooth (CD, May-2009, 2... US $21.53 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH / GARY WRIGHT: That Was Only Yesterday LP (2 WLPs, title US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH ~ SPOOKY TWO ~ ORIGINAL LP 1969 ON A&M SP 4194 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Japan Promo only LP Birki Gainsbourg Spooky Tooth Dusty US $99.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "WITNESS" RARE 1973 ISLAND RECORDS STEREO ALBUM SW-9337 US $20.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw, Vinyl, LP, 1973, SP-4385 US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of Spooky Tooth US $8.60 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "Witness" LP 1973 Island records VG++ Vinyl US $10.39 Buy It Now 4 days
FOREIGNER-Inside Information/LOU GRAMM/spooky tooth US $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
ART - SUPERNATURAL FAIRY TALES pre SPOOKY TOOTH UK PSYCH ARIEL BENDER GUITAR CD US $21.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Todd Rundgren -Something? ,Rick Derringer-All American Boy, Spooky Tooth 8-track US $4.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Two SPOOKY TOOTH original issue A&M (USA) GARY WRIGHT Organ US $36.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE HARRISON - Somewhere Over the Rainbow dj 45 Island SPOOKY TOOTH US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH WITH PIERRE HENRY: Ceremony LP (UK, original pink 'i' label smooth US $75.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH w/ Pierre Henry Ceremony Vinyl LP PINK ISLAND ILPS9107 1969 US $59.97 Buy It Now 4 days
GARRY WRIGHT Dream Weather SPOOKY TOOTH solo MINT Lp US $5.26 [0 bids]
Ceremony by Spooky Tooth US $8.40 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-Cross Purpose sealed CD US $2.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy SPOOKY TOOTH music online Buy SPOOKY TOOTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPOOKY TOOTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPOOKY TOOTH Witness ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(21%)

SPOOKY TOOTH Witness reviews

Review by Chicapah
2 stars Spooky Tooth is one of those groups that just couldn't seem to figure out what they wanted to be when they grew up. They began their existence as a semi-progressive rock outfit but were never able or willing to keep up with the big boys in the demanding prog arena so they veered away from that labeling bit by bit. They're also one of those bands that broke up, reformed, splintered and got back together again several times over the years. They developed a destructive "can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em" scenario that effectively ruined all chances of their building any semblance of continuity into their work. In the process of justifying their fickle comings and goings they misplaced their shaky identity altogether and this album presents the ensemble as a dysfunctional yet talented family of musicians that didn't know what to do with themselves. They come off as a combo of five guys desperate to be "trendy" and few things are as pitiful as a wannabe. There's absolutely no sense of exploration to be detected here and, in the "anything goes" atmosphere that pervaded the music biz in the early 70s, it's inexcusable that they would play it so safe.

They start off with "Ocean of Power," a soulful slice of white dude funk that brings to mind what Joe Cocker and Leon Russell had been so successful in concocting a few years earlier. What has always been the strongest drawing card about Spooky Tooth for me is Mike Harrison's splendid voice. If not for him they wouldn't have ever gotten my attention but he's got a husky, emotional rasp emanating from his gullet that I really like and he displays it expressively on this cut. And, since I've never been much of a fan of Jones' generic guitar style, Mick's absence from the mix in this song is a definite plus. "Wings on my Heart" is next and it's a gospel-tinged tune with a George Harrison slant to it that's especially noticeable on the imitative guitar solo. "As Long as the World Keeps Turning" follows and there's a palpable Three Dog Night air wafting through the number. Mike sings his butt off from beginning to end but the let's-be-commercial composition just isn't memorable.

"Don't Ever Stray Away" sounds like it came right off of a Free album. That's not a bad thing in itself but this sad track lacks the loose, infectious energy that made that group's art so viable and influential. This song plods along like an old, sway-backed mare pulling a wagon of hog manure in comparison. "Things Change" is a dull ditty written around a rawkin' guitar riff, a composition technique that's not all that unusual except that the final outcome of these kinds of things ends up being entirely too predictable more often than not and this one's no exception. On top of that, Gary Wright's anemic voice is featured instead of Harrison's and it makes a poor tune become even more destitute. "All Sewn Up" is a Jones/Wright conglomeration that gives hints as to the brand of vapid macho-man rock that Mick would churn out with Foreigner a few years down the line. It's extremely weak, even by his future band's dubious standards, from the puny guitar ride to the passionless vocal from Gary.

"Dream Me a Mountain" is another chunk of unremarkable Caucasian R&B but the return of Mike to the mike is so welcome at this juncture that it makes the song appear to be better than it really is. He's a singer's singer and he makes a huge difference. "Sunlight of My Mind" is next and it's such a shameful, undisguised rip-off of the Rolling Stones' "Dancing with Mr. D" that they should've all be sent to the principal's office for a hard paddling. Even Harrison's primo voice can't save this uninspired waste of recording tape from being a mangy mutt with a limp. They then stuck the only song with any dynamics, "Pyramids," last and that figures since it's also the only one that possesses even a whiff of progness. Mike and Gary trade off the vocal lines gallantly and if they'd expanded on what they were creating here they might've gone somewhere (dare I say it?) ORIGINAL with it. Wishful thinking, I guess. The tune's repeating refrain goes "I know where I'm going" and, if that was indeed the case, they would've done well to let the listener in on that secret. Perhaps they were dabbling in irony.

A personal anecdote might sum up the overwhelming problem that plagues "Witness" and hordes of albums just like it. Many decades ago I joined an established band of very skilled, dedicated local musicians and helped them finish cutting their debut LP. I was invited into their clan on the strength of one of my songs they'd recorded for the disc (The best one, I might add. Humbly, of course.) and I was expected to contribute more of the same in the months to come. Alas, the self-appointed leader/main songwriter of the troupe and I clashed almost immediately. He was of the opinion that manufacturing a hit single (and thereby generating album sales) was accomplished merely by aping what was currently sitting atop the AM radio charts. I begged defiantly to differ, explaining to the conceited moron that one may as well chase the wind for, by the time a band wrote, arranged, recorded, mastered and distributed said product, whatever trend they so wisely mimicked would be passť. Since I didn't kowtow to his obviously-superior intelligence he was an ass to me from that day on, sabotaging every tune I brought into rehearsal, snidely calling them "unmarketable." That incurable idiot's inane formula for success didn't work then and it never will.

Since Gary Wright earned a composer's credit on every track listed I'm pretty sure he was of the same mindset as the mental midget (his name discreetly withheld to protect the guilty) I had to deal and duel with so long ago. Tired of making records that sold only in the thousands instead of in the millions, frustrated Gary set out to replicate "what those crazy kids are buying these days" instead of taking some risks and daring to be true to himself by attempting to explore uncharted territory with his long-haired companions. In other words, the yellow coward stayed as far away from prog as possible and the result was a Spooky Tooth album indistinguishable from oatmeal. Only Mike Harrison's golden throat keeps this project from hitting rock bottom. 1.5 stars and that's being generous.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#301481) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 01, 2010

Post a review of SPOOKY TOOTH "Witness"