WITNESS

9 Pyramids 4:28

Search SPOOKY TOOTH Witness lyrics

Search SPOOKY TOOTH Witness tabs

Bryson Graham Drums
Mike Harrison Percussion, Keyboards, Vocals (bckgr)
Brian Humphries Engineer
Mick Jones Guitar, Guitar (Electric), Vocals (bckgr)
Mike Kellie Percussion, Drums
Chris "Tricky" Stewart Bass
Gary Wright Organ,Synthesizer,Piano,Keyboards,vocal,Clavinet

Vinyl LP - Island # SW9337
CD - Progressive Line -2001 PL519

Thanks to chris s for the addition

SPOOKY TOOTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPOOKY TOOTH Witness Music

Spooky TwoSpooky Two
A&M 1990
Lost BroadcastsLost Broadcasts
Widescreen
United States Dist 2012
DVD$7.89
The Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only YesterdayThe Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday
Remastered
A&M 1999
Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974
Import · Remastered
Esoteric 2009
Spooky Tooth: Nomad Poets Live in GermanySpooky Tooth: Nomad Poets Live in Germany
Multiple Formats
Koch Records 2007
DVD$9.67
Spooky Tooth - Lost In My Dream - An Antholog (NEW CD) US $16.62 Buy It Now 4h 25m
TEST PRESS / SPOOKY TOOTH SPOOKY TWO / FOX7010 US $599.99 Buy It Now 4h 54m
SPOOKY TOOTH You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw '73 NM- US $15.00 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Spooky Tooth LP The Last Puff Featuring Mike Harrison US $40.57 [1 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Best Of - CD US $12.97 Buy It Now 8h 2m
SPOOKY TOOTH USA DJ 7" on Island, ALL SEWN UP w/Gary Wright & Mick Jones US $7.20 Buy It Now 8h 6m
10/45's 60's Rock Pic Sleeves & 45's Spooky tooth & Surfaris Many N M # 83 US $24.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH - Son Of Your Father -1969 German pink Island label 7" vinyl single US $29.20 Buy It Now 8h 40m
SPOOKY TOOTH "CEREMONY" REEL TO REEL -7 1/2 IPS --OR-4225 A&M US $31.00 [7 bids]
Gary Wright FOOTPRINT vinyl LP 1971 Spooky Tooth US $10.00 Buy It Now 10h 5m
SPOOKY TOOTH, You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 10h 24m
V.I.P.'s S/T CD NEW SEALED GARAGE ROCK ART SPOOKY TOOTH ELP NICE HUMBLE PIE US $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Spooky Tooth with Pierre Henry/Ceremony (France/MANTRA Label/1st Press) US $25.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH: You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw LP (original brown lbl, g US $25.00 Buy It Now 13h 5m
SPOOKY TOOTH: Spooky Tooth LP (wol) rare Rock & Pop US $50.00 Buy It Now 13h 8m
33 RPM LP RECORD ALBUM VINYL SPOOKY TOOTH SPOOKY TWO A&M SP 4194 US $12.50 [3 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 14h 38m
Spooky Tooth - You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw - Original Vinyl LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Only Yesterday ROCK 2XLP A&M Gatefold US $5.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth feat. Mike Harrison - the Last Puff LP Japan Promo White Label 1970 US $62.50 Buy It Now 18h 34m
Gary Wright Touch And Gone LP 1977 UK 1st Press NM Vinyl Spooky Tooth WB K56435 US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PIERRE HENRY & SPOOKY TOOTH - CEREMONY - GATEFOLD SLEEVE US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - Best Of The (Music CD) US $12.64 Buy It Now 1 day
FRIJID PINK S/T *180 GRAM* LEAF HOUND SPOOKY TOOTH MAY BLITZ CACTUS BLOODROCK US $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - Nomad Poets Live (Music CD) US $22.04 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff Original French vinyl LP Island 6339 004 1970 US $45.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Original 1969 LYCEUM ALL NIGHTER poster SPOOKY TOOTH, HERBIE GOINS, ALAN BOWN US $478.76 Buy It Now 1 day
British Rock Lot THIN LIZZY SPOOKY TOOTH VG+ and EX Sleeves Insert Shrink US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gary Wright First Signs Of Life CD+DVD NEW SEALED 2007 Spooky Tooth US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH - The Last Puff ~ VINYL LP US $39.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth-Spooky Too-Vinyl LP Record-Original A&M Pressing-RARE-1969 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH ceremony Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $24.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH you broke my heart Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $29.99 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH witness Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $29.99 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH it's all about Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $29.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH the last puff Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $24.99 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-IT'S ALL ABOUT-JAPAN SHM-CD 1124 D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Island People VA Island WLP Promo LP Traffic, Marley, John Martyn, Spooky Tooth US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gary Wright: The Dream Weaver NEAR MINT A1/B1 LP Spooky Tooth US $13.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth: All sewn Up 1973 7" RARE STUNNING NEAR MINT US $9.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth The Last Puff A&M records SP4266 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH-YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW-A&M -0598-1973 US $5.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-CEREMONY-JAPAN SHM-CD 1124 D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - Witness - Island 1973 - OOP - NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth It's All About +5 Mini LP SHM CD JAPAN UICY-93501 / Gary Wright US $24.99 [1 bids]
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two +7 Mini LP SHM CD JAPAN UICY-93502 / Gary Wright US $24.99 [1 bids]
Spooky Tooth & Pierre Henry Ceremony Mini LP SHM CD JAPAN UICY-93503 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth The Last Puff +4 Mini LP SHM CD JAPAN UICY-93504 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw +1 Mini LP SHM CD JAPAN US $33.89 [6 bids]
Spooky Tooth Witness Mini LP SHM CD JAPAN UICY-93506 / Gary Wright US $27.99 [3 bids]
Mike Harrison - Mike Harrison (CD, Aug-1999, Repertoire) Ex-Spooky Tooth US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH "SPOOKY TWO" SP-4194 FIRST PRESSING (VERY NICE) LP RECORD US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH IT'S ALL ABOUT / FOX ORIGINAL GATEFOLD COVER US $149.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-LAST PUFF +4-JAPAN SHM-CD 1124 D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH THE LAST PUFF WHITE LABEL PROMO LP 532 US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Cross Purpose by Spooky Tooth (CD, Feb-1999, Ruf Records (Germany)) US $0.49 [0 bids]
GARY WRIGHT & SPOOKY TOOTH LOT 3 LPs Classic Rock / Best Of~Hits / Dream Weaver US $7.99 [1 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Nomad Poets (Music CD) US $19.59 Buy It Now 2 days
PIERRE HENRY & SPOOKY TOOTH ceremony PHILIPS LP FR US $28.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Gary Wright~Original OZ LP Dream weaver NM 1975 Spooky Tooth Prog Rock US $13.52 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH 7'' PS The Weight Italy SIR 20089 very rare 45 US $56.80 Buy It Now 2 days
FRIENDS SAMPLER WITH HUMBLE PIE SPOOKY TOOTH OTHERS US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH You Broke My Heart 1973 DJ LP US $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1975 UNPLAYED PROMO 45 GARY WRIGHT Love is Alive x SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH 7" WAITING FOR THE WIND-FEELIN BA argentina ID# 55336 PROMO BANNER US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth Last Puff vinyl LP 1970 Island [Large I] Records EX [Mike Harrison] US $65.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Witness UK Island Lp pink rim gatefold US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1973 Spooky Tooth YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW LP record album US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw, Spooky Tooth, Very Good Original record US $57.97 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT - SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Yesterday WHITE LABEL PROMO 2-LP A US $7.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw 1973 A&M Orig w INSERT US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth Hell Or High Water / The Mirror PROMO 45 RPM Vinyl US $9.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth All Sewn Up / Things Change 45 RPM Vinyl US $8.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two Psychedelic Rock LP A&M Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Ceremony - RARE 1970 White Label PROMO LP - CLEAN! US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH ( THE LAST PUFF ) ORIGINAL A&M brown label U.S. vinyl PSYCH rock LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT - Touch & Gone - 1977 Gate-Fold Vinyl Lp./ Spooky Tooth US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH - LOST IN MY DREAM: AN ANTHOLOGY 1968-1974 NEW CD US $38.68 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT-SPOOKY TOOTH THAT WAS ONLY YSTRDAY 8 TRACK US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-SUNSHIME HELP ME-JAPAN 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-SPOOKY TWO-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL GF +OBI US $209.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-HAVE MERCY-JAPAN ISSUE 7" US $142.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth 7¨ single I Am The Walrus pink label Island original Germany US $8.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-THE BEST OF-JAPAN ISSUE PROMO LABEL +OBI US $56.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1979 "NM Wax" ??? Sample Gary Wright Headin' Home P-10632W Japan Spooky Tooth US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two 8 Track untested US $8.99 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Lot Of 2 7" Dream Weaver Love Is Alive Spooky Tooth US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw Record LP A US $5.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH LP TABACCO ROAD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - Missing Teeth! / TendolarTDR-041 Import - Silver CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth Lp The Last Puff Featuring Mike Harrison Brown A&M Original US $3.99 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Footprint Spooky Tooth LP George Harrison EX US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW A&M PROMO 1973 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH BEST OF 1975 JAPAN CD PHCR-4844 US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE HARRISON "Rainbow Rider" SEALED LP 1975 (Island ILPS 9359). SPOOKY TOOTH US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff ISLAND 85 685 IT GERMANY I Am The Walrus EX LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "WITNESS" ALBUM ADVERT 1973 MIKE HARRISON GARY WRIGHT ETC US $21.02 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy SPOOKY TOOTH music online Buy SPOOKY TOOTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPOOKY TOOTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPOOKY TOOTH Witness ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(21%)

SPOOKY TOOTH Witness reviews

Review by Chicapah
2 stars Spooky Tooth is one of those groups that just couldn't seem to figure out what they wanted to be when they grew up. They began their existence as a semi-progressive rock outfit but were never able or willing to keep up with the big boys in the demanding prog arena so they veered away from that labeling bit by bit. They're also one of those bands that broke up, reformed, splintered and got back together again several times over the years. They developed a destructive "can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em" scenario that effectively ruined all chances of their building any semblance of continuity into their work. In the process of justifying their fickle comings and goings they misplaced their shaky identity altogether and this album presents the ensemble as a dysfunctional yet talented family of musicians that didn't know what to do with themselves. They come off as a combo of five guys desperate to be "trendy" and few things are as pitiful as a wannabe. There's absolutely no sense of exploration to be detected here and, in the "anything goes" atmosphere that pervaded the music biz in the early 70s, it's inexcusable that they would play it so safe.

They start off with "Ocean of Power," a soulful slice of white dude funk that brings to mind what Joe Cocker and Leon Russell had been so successful in concocting a few years earlier. What has always been the strongest drawing card about Spooky Tooth for me is Mike Harrison's splendid voice. If not for him they wouldn't have ever gotten my attention but he's got a husky, emotional rasp emanating from his gullet that I really like and he displays it expressively on this cut. And, since I've never been much of a fan of Jones' generic guitar style, Mick's absence from the mix in this song is a definite plus. "Wings on my Heart" is next and it's a gospel-tinged tune with a George Harrison slant to it that's especially noticeable on the imitative guitar solo. "As Long as the World Keeps Turning" follows and there's a palpable Three Dog Night air wafting through the number. Mike sings his butt off from beginning to end but the let's-be-commercial composition just isn't memorable.

"Don't Ever Stray Away" sounds like it came right off of a Free album. That's not a bad thing in itself but this sad track lacks the loose, infectious energy that made that group's art so viable and influential. This song plods along like an old, sway-backed mare pulling a wagon of hog manure in comparison. "Things Change" is a dull ditty written around a rawkin' guitar riff, a composition technique that's not all that unusual except that the final outcome of these kinds of things ends up being entirely too predictable more often than not and this one's no exception. On top of that, Gary Wright's anemic voice is featured instead of Harrison's and it makes a poor tune become even more destitute. "All Sewn Up" is a Jones/Wright conglomeration that gives hints as to the brand of vapid macho-man rock that Mick would churn out with Foreigner a few years down the line. It's extremely weak, even by his future band's dubious standards, from the puny guitar ride to the passionless vocal from Gary.

"Dream Me a Mountain" is another chunk of unremarkable Caucasian R&B but the return of Mike to the mike is so welcome at this juncture that it makes the song appear to be better than it really is. He's a singer's singer and he makes a huge difference. "Sunlight of My Mind" is next and it's such a shameful, undisguised rip-off of the Rolling Stones' "Dancing with Mr. D" that they should've all be sent to the principal's office for a hard paddling. Even Harrison's primo voice can't save this uninspired waste of recording tape from being a mangy mutt with a limp. They then stuck the only song with any dynamics, "Pyramids," last and that figures since it's also the only one that possesses even a whiff of progness. Mike and Gary trade off the vocal lines gallantly and if they'd expanded on what they were creating here they might've gone somewhere (dare I say it?) ORIGINAL with it. Wishful thinking, I guess. The tune's repeating refrain goes "I know where I'm going" and, if that was indeed the case, they would've done well to let the listener in on that secret. Perhaps they were dabbling in irony.

A personal anecdote might sum up the overwhelming problem that plagues "Witness" and hordes of albums just like it. Many decades ago I joined an established band of very skilled, dedicated local musicians and helped them finish cutting their debut LP. I was invited into their clan on the strength of one of my songs they'd recorded for the disc (The best one, I might add. Humbly, of course.) and I was expected to contribute more of the same in the months to come. Alas, the self-appointed leader/main songwriter of the troupe and I clashed almost immediately. He was of the opinion that manufacturing a hit single (and thereby generating album sales) was accomplished merely by aping what was currently sitting atop the AM radio charts. I begged defiantly to differ, explaining to the conceited moron that one may as well chase the wind for, by the time a band wrote, arranged, recorded, mastered and distributed said product, whatever trend they so wisely mimicked would be passé. Since I didn't kowtow to his obviously-superior intelligence he was an ass to me from that day on, sabotaging every tune I brought into rehearsal, snidely calling them "unmarketable." That incurable idiot's inane formula for success didn't work then and it never will.

Since Gary Wright earned a composer's credit on every track listed I'm pretty sure he was of the same mindset as the mental midget (his name discreetly withheld to protect the guilty) I had to deal and duel with so long ago. Tired of making records that sold only in the thousands instead of in the millions, frustrated Gary set out to replicate "what those crazy kids are buying these days" instead of taking some risks and daring to be true to himself by attempting to explore uncharted territory with his long-haired companions. In other words, the yellow coward stayed as far away from prog as possible and the result was a Spooky Tooth album indistinguishable from oatmeal. Only Mike Harrison's golden throat keeps this project from hitting rock bottom. 1.5 stars and that's being generous.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#301481) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 01, 2010

Post a review of SPOOKY TOOTH "Witness"