DIAMONDS

1. Akuda (5:31)
2. Diamonds(4:50)
3. Marienbad (4:03)
4. The Schuh (6:52)
5. Neu-Rosenheim Suite (4:00)
6. Ring My Bell (5:17)

Search KRAAN Diamonds tabs

- Hellmut Hattler / bass
- Jan Fride / drums
- Peter Wolbrandt / guitar, synthesizer, vocals

CD Baseball Recordings CD36014 (2010 Germany)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

KRAAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KRAAN Diamonds Music

DiamondsDiamonds
36Music (Broken Silence) 2014

More places to buy KRAAN music online Buy KRAAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KRAAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KRAAN Diamonds ratings distribution

KRAAN Diamonds reviews

3 stars This is KRAAN's latest called "Diamonds" released in 2010. I had high hopes for this one after being completely taken by their previous two records called "Through" and "Psychedelic Man" respectively. Both have a sound that is so different from their seventies days but I love them both. Well that sound is still here even though they're down to a trio as the keyboardist Ingo Bischof has left. The one problem is that they have implimented some dance beats to their music. Not a lot fortunately but enough to feel embarrased a couple of times when customers were in the store as I thought to myself "My store ain't no stinkin' disco !" Oh well there's not a lot but this is a definite step down from the previous two albums hence the 3 star rating.

Gotta love the cover art though as we see someone on the street painting on a canvas and the result is the album cover from "The Psychedelic Man". "Akua" is laid back and relaxing. It's barely mid-paced with a beat and more. "Diamonds" is funky with vocals although it changes each time on the chorus to an uplifting mood. I like it. "Marienbad" has a rich sound and a solid beat in this laid back song. Beautiful stuff. "The Schuh" is uptempo with vocals and I like the bass after 4 minutes. "Neu-Rosenheim Suite" is another mid-paced rich sounding instrumental.

"Ring My Bell" has a heavy beat as the bass kicks in with whispered vocals. He then sings as themes are repeated. Prominant guitar comes and goes. "Soul" is my favourite. A nice heavy rhythm kicks in and this sounds so good. "Club 20" kicks in with a beat. I like this. Melancholic guitar comes and goes. Some great sounding bass after 2 1/2 minutes then a dance beat. Yikes ! "Ab Nach Kaspel" is all about the dance beats. No thanks. "Am Hafen" is a nice relaxed tune. "Zoe's Zoo" ends it and I love the tone of the guitar. It's almost spacey 3 minutes in then the guitar with a beat returns. Great way to end the album.

Lots to like but some misses too.

Post a review of KRAAN "Diamonds"