HEAD LIKE A HOLE

Nine Inch Nails Head Like a Hole album cover

Buy NINE INCH NAILS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1990

US version

1. Head Like a Hole (Slate) (4:13)
2. Head Like a Hole (Clay) (4:30)
3. Terrible Lie (Sympathetic Mix) (4:26)
4. Head Like a Hole (Copper) (6:26)
5. You Know Who You Are (5:40)
6. Head Like a Hole (Soil) (6:38)
7. Terrible Lie (Empathetic Mix) (6:11)
8. Down in It (Shred) (6:51)
9. Down in It (Singe) (7:21)
10. Down in It (Demo) (3:55)
11. Unlisted Track (0:04)

UK version

1. Head Like a Hole (Clay) (4:30)
2. Head Like a Hole (Copper) (6:26)
3. Head Like a Hole (Opal) (5:18)

Search NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole lyrics

Search NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole tabs

- Trent Reznor - vocals, arranger, programming, producer, engineer, digital editing, mixing

Released in the US by TVT Records on 12" Vinyl and CD.
Released in the UK by Island Records on 12" Vinyl and CD.

Thanks to AgentSpork for the addition

NINE INCH NAILS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole Music

Head Like a HoleHead Like a Hole
Single
Tvt 1991
Head Like a Hole (Slate/Copper/Opal REMIXES) 3 track EPHead Like a Hole (Slate/Copper/Opal REMIXES) 3 track EP
Import · EP
Polygram Int'l 1998
Head Like A HoleHead Like A Hole
Single · Import · Remixes included
TVT/Interscope Records
Head Like A HoleHead Like A Hole
Tvt
Vinyl$231.90
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole CD 1990 TVT2615-2 METAL RULES USD $6.43 Buy It Now 7h 59m
NINE INCH NAILS- HEAD LIKE A HOLE-CD USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Nine Inch Nails NIN-Demos & Remixes-Head Like A Hole, Down In It, Sanctified USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.99 Buy It Now
NIN NINE INCH NAILS HEAD LIKE A HOLE HOODIE s m l xl xxl UNISEX DIFFERENT COLOUR USD $35.96 Buy It Now 1 day
NIN NINE INCH NAILS HEAD LIKE A HOLE HOODIE s m l xl xxl UNISEX DIFFE USD $35.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole 10trk USA MAXI-SINGLE USD $6.89 [0 bids]
USD $8.99 Buy It Now
Nine Inch Nails ~Head Like A Hole~ Rare Maxi-Single No Barcode Halo 3 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NINE INCH NAILS / head like a hole/ UK LTD single CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NINE INCH NAILS ~ Head Like A Hole ~ 12" Single PS USD $34.38 Buy It Now 2 days
NINE INCH NAILS HEAD LIKE A HOLE ISLAND/TVT 12-IS-484 1990 12"Sgl Reznor USD $9.37 [0 bids]
NINE INCH NAILS - HEAD LIKE A HOLE- SINGLE-CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NIN NINE INCH NAILS Head Like A Hole CD 10 Tracks TVT 1990 Industrial Rock USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Head Like A Hole [Maxi Single] Nine Inch Nails CD US version Halo 3 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
NINE INCH NAILS - HEAD LIKE A HOLE - CD MAXI-SINGLE-CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CD Nine Inch Nails - head like a hole PLUS Rare Bonus Nine Inches of Nails OOP USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 3 Nine Inch Nails NIN singles: Head Like a Hole, SIN, The Day the World- USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $30.00 Buy It Now
Nine Inch Nails Head Like a Hole [Single] (CD, Jan-2006) Rock USD $6.76 Buy It Now 6 days
NINE INCH NAILS CD HEAD LIKE A HOLE SINGLE MIX REMIX SLATE COPPER OPAL VTG NIN USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Head Like a Hole [UK] [Single] by Nine Inch Nails (CD, Apr-1990, TVT (Dist.)) USD $8.46 Buy It Now 6 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole (1992) - Used - Compact Disc USD $1.74 Buy It Now 6 days
NINE INCH NAILS Head Like A Hole 10" RARE UK POSTER ISSUE 10ISP484 NIN EX+ COPY USD $62.53 Buy It Now 8 days
NINE INCH NAILS Head Like A Hole SIN March Of The Pigs 3 CD Lot USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole 12" RARE 1989 3 TRACK UK ISSUE 12-IS-484 NIN USD $31.26 Buy It Now 8 days
NINE INCH NAILS Head Like A Hole 7" RARE UK 1ST ISSUE PAPER LABELS NEAR MINT NIN USD $39.08 Buy It Now 8 days
Nine inch nails 12" Not LP Head like a hole UK Island press USD $1.55 [0 bids]
NINE INCH NAILS (NIN) "head like a hole" 1990 Canadian press CD ep * like new USD $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Head Like a Hole [Single] by Nine Inch Nails (1990, TVT) CD & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY USD $1.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Nine Inch Nails NIN Head Like A Hole NM 12" 1st Press MINT Shrink TVT2614 HALO 3 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Nine Inch Nails Head Like A Hole 12" Single SEALED USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
NINE INCH NAILS / NIN * HEAD LIKE A HOLE * UK 3 TRK CD * RARE! * TRENT REZNOR USD $23.45 Buy It Now 11 days
Head Like a Hole [UK] [Single] by Nine Inch Nails (CD, Apr-1990, TVT (Dist.)) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole CD 2006 RCD 10839 USD $9.19 Buy It Now 12 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole : 10 track maxi single CD : Industrial, EBM USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
NINE INCH NAILS 2 CD single Lot MARCH PIGS Head Like A Hole INDUSTRIAL Reznor USD $4.99 Buy It Now 12 days
NINE INCH NAILS Head Like A Hole (CD 1990) USA TVT Maxi-Single NIN/Trent Reznor USD $14.04 Buy It Now 13 days
Nine Inch Nails: Head Like a Hole 12" NEW VINYL EX SHOP USD $31.26 Buy It Now 13 days
Head Like a Hole (Slate/Copper/Opal REMIXES) 3 track EP by Nine Inch Nails USD $7.98 Buy It Now 14 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole 4 mixes - US 12" cut out USD $29.99 Buy It Now 14 days
NINE INCH NAILS - HEAD LIKE A HOLE USA 10 MIXES MAXI CD SINGLE E.P RARE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Nine Inch Nails (NIN) - Head Like A Hole - 1990 10 Track CD - Halo 3 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole 10 track CD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 15 days
AFI Head Like a Hole 2004 US 1-track promo CD Nine Inch Nails Grand Theft Auto USD $43.99 Buy It Now 16 days
NINE INCH NAILS - HEAD LIKE A HOLE USA 10 MIXES MAXI CD SINGLE E.P RARE USD $11.73 Buy It Now 19 days
Head Like a Hole [UK] [Single] by Nine Inch Nails (CD, Apr-1990, TVT (Dist.)) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 19 days
NINE INCH NAILS - HEAD LIKE A HOLE - B/W ADVERT - 11 x 7 inch USD $3.05 Buy It Now 19 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole - Scarce USA 10trk Maxi CD single USD $7.80 Buy It Now 19 days
Nine Inch Nails Head Like A Hole 12" USD $9.07 Buy It Now 20 days
Nine Inch Nails Head Like A Hole 10 tracks USA CD TVT 2615-2 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 20 days
CD NINE INCH NAILS (NIN) HEAD LIKE A HOLE 10 TRACK SHIPS FAST!! USD $4.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole - 10 Track CD Maxi-Single - TVT 2615-2 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 21 days
NINE INCH NAILS "Head Like A Hole" 10 trak MAXI-SINGLE USD $4.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Nine Inch Nails Head Like A Hole - 10 Track CD Maxi Single USD $4.96 Buy It Now 23 days
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine LP [Vinyl New] NIN Head Like A Hole USD $18.98 Buy It Now 24 days
Nine Inch Nails Head Like A Hole 10 trak CD MAXI-SINGLE 1990 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Nine Inch Nails Head Like A Hole 10 tracks USA CD TVT 2615-2 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Head Like a Hole [UK] [Single] by Nine Inch Nails (CD, Jan-2006, Ryko... USD $8.99 Buy It Now 26 days
NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole 1990 TVT 1st Press 10 Track Maxi Single Oop CD USD $12.05 Buy It Now 26 days
NIN - Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole (2 CD Set) 13 Tracks - Fast Postage USD $15.62 Buy It Now 26 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole 12" Vinyl USD $28.07 Buy It Now 27 days
NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole + Down on It + Sin Long Dub and Short CD Single USD $20.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole (2006) - Used - Compact Disc USD $5.68 Buy It Now 28 days
NINE INCH NAILS - HEAD LIKE A HOLE DELETED 3 TRACK CD SINGLE INC. FLOOD REMIXES USD $6.24 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy NINE INCH NAILS music online Buy NINE INCH NAILS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NINE INCH NAILS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole ratings distribution

NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole reviews

Review by Chicapah
3 stars Unless you're the type that occasionally sports a moon tan you'd best steer clear of this.

When I was still in high school in the late 60s I caught the studio bug big time. The band I was with had landed a contract with a local recording studio and we were encouraged to indulge freely in the company's facilities to see what we could come up with. Their hope was that our plucky combo would manufacture a chart-topping single that would make them rich. Unfortunately we were but a well-intentioned collection of enthusiastic neophytes harboring limited talent and we never came close to grasping even the basic concept of laying down a solid track. Yet I was enchanted by the sacred aura of the studio environ with its booms, baffles, levers, red & amber lights, fancy tape machines and such. The head engineer/producer at Studio VII was an affable guy named Ron. He couldn't help but notice my wide-eyed fascination with the whole hullabaloo so he generously took me under his wing and allowed me sit in on his sessions with the other groups. For the rest of my life I never felt more comfortable than when I was working in the studio. However, not every musician shared that attitude. In fact, few were genuinely pleased about the prospect of spending 18 hours straight cooped up indoors but for me time ceased to exist during that span. I was in my element and I had no other needs. I found it funny when one of my girlfriends who benignly imagined the process of recording to be "glamorous" would beg to go to a session and then, after sitting through 120 dull minutes of getting the necessary drum sound from the left tom-tom, would plead for me to take her home. It takes an undoubtedly obsessive yet patient countenance to willingly submit oneself to that tedious process and it's obvious that Trent Reznor aka Nine Inch Nails is infected with that affliction.

What I'm trying to say is that this EP can get redundant in a hurry unless you're like me and find this type of aural masochism invigorating. There are basically three songs but ten cuts. Trent experimented with approaching the tunes from different angles and, while I don't claim to listen to it on a regular basis, I'm always intrigued by the subtle variations he employed in his quest to achieve the ever-elusive "perfect" mix. I bought this on a whim because I liked "Head Like a Hole" but wasn't sure I wanted to spring for the whole "Pretty Hate Machine" album and because it was cheap. I will say this, though. I don't have another CD like it. It's a true oddity in my collection of prog music.

There are five separate versions of "Head Like a Hole" offered with each one bearing a subjective tag to tell them apart. The opening salvo is "Slate" and it's the closest he veers toward a demons-on-Ecstasy dance mix with a busy synth bass line that carries you through a strobe-lit, Beelzebub's Disco section. "Clay" is my favorite with its crawling, ominous undercurrent and the eerie whoops at the end. "Copper" possesses a more intricate rhythmic beginning, an alternate bass line, a strong breakdown during the chorus and an abrupt changeover to a weird shuffle beat in the finale. "Soil" has a more techno slant to it and is very sparse musically, almost to the point of being austere as Reznor opts to let his voice be the sole source of music for the majority of the time. What all four of these have in common is an angry, defiant lyrical content. He sings of the siren-like but corrupting lure of the whistling false deity known as God Money and his determination not to prostrate himself before it. I sense that he's screaming at the greedy, gluttonous record company execs when he vows that he'd "rather die than give you control" while spitting on their handfuls of cash. "You Know Who You Are" is mostly instrumental and sounds like a whimsical outtake spawned from the other HLAH mixes. It conjures an image in my head of a wild, tribal gathering 'round a blazing bonfire attended by thousands of renegade microchips.

There are two takes of "Terrible Lie," one dubbed "Sympathetic" and the other "Empathetic." The former employs strange noises as unique percussion instruments, stirring dynamics and a cold ending in which Trent intones a defeated "there's nothing left and then you die." The latter isn't a whole lot different except he lets dense synthesizers emerge from the horizon like dark thunderheads during the middle section. The blatant prevarication that Reznor efficiently rails against in this tune is the deception foisted upon mankind by the author of confusion that the world and its steady stream of material things and pseudo-intellectualism can satisfy one's soul completely. Ain't so, Joe.

Next NIN tosses in three distinct versions of "Down In It." This song has as its foundation a loping groove that cruises beneath Trent's gothic, pasty white boy hip-hop delivery of the rhyming verses. But it's the haunting, echoed chant of what brings to mind a sample of collective madness culled from a tyrant-led military rally that distinguishes this composition. It's extremely cool how Reznor manipulates that powerful effect throughout the choruses. As he did earlier, he assigns a different moniker to each mix. "Shred" features his anguished, tortured voice streaming atop the cruel ridicule of a schoolyard taunt as he shouts "I used to be somebody!" "Singe" is more along the lines of "You Know Who You Are" in that the normal structure is dropped in lieu of developing what can be called a wordless, mechanical mantra. "Demo" is a stripped-down reading of the lyrics to pounding drums and electric impulses. The coda is a four-second snippet of some clueless, air-headed female MTV host (or equivalent thereof) who gleefully chirps "let's hear it for Nine Inch Nails! They were good! Wooo!" It's so absurd as to be hilarious.

Only those who find attractive a pale, ashen hue gained from spending too many days in a row sequestered inside a windowless bunker filled only with devices intended to make and document music (and an unlimited number of noises) would deem this entertaining. Folks like yours truly, to be exact. It's an example of how music as artistic expression has no ultimate shape, form or restricting limitation. It can be added to and subtracted from endlessly. With this EP Nine Inch Nails demonstrates that amazing fact beyond dispute. 3.3 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#279848) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 29, 2010

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars One thing that's interesting about this "single" is that it's about six minutes longer than the album it came from. Although it is labelled as a "maxi-single", it really isn't a single in the traditional sense. It is a disk of remixes of five of the tracks from Pretty Hate Machine.

Now I'm not a big fan of remixes in general (I once had a nightmarish experience - literally - of having a very bad flu about 20 years ago, and was so sick that I could barely get out of bed - I fell asleep with the radio set to a local college station - I kept waking up to a show where the DJ was freemixing The Romantics' Talking In Your Sleep, badly), and this is no exception. Not one of the remixes is as good as the original versions of the songs.

The only real reason to own this disk is the bare bones demo of Down In It.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#296089) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Post a review of NINE INCH NAILS "Head Like a Hole"