WE WERE EXPLODING ANYWAY

Buy 65DAYSOFSTATIC Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Mountainhead (5:33)
2. Crash Tactics (3:47)
3. Dance Dance Dance (4:02)
4. Piano Fights (3:51)

- Simon Wright / bass
- Rob Jones / drums

Released on 26 April 2010 by Hassle Records

Vinyl LP Hassle Records HOFF095LP
CD Hassle Records HOFF095CDB, CD Zankyo ZNR-088 (Japan, bonus)

Thanks to Wolf Spider for the addition
and to snobb for the last updates

65DAYSOFSTATIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy 65DAYSOFSTATIC We Were Exploding Anyway Music

We Were Exploding AnywayWe Were Exploding Anyway
MONOTREME RECORDS 2011
We Were Exploding Anyway by 65daysofstatic [Music CD]We Were Exploding Anyway by 65daysofstatic [Music CD]
MONOTREME RECORDS

More places to buy 65DAYSOFSTATIC music online Buy 65DAYSOFSTATIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for 65DAYSOFSTATIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

65DAYSOFSTATIC We Were Exploding Anyway ratings distribution

65DAYSOFSTATIC We Were Exploding Anyway reviews

Review by snobb
3 stars This album is not just your regular dreamy melancholic a bit sleepy post-rock one. And not twin-guitar driven repetitive string/bass storm. So, possibly you will hate it. Or you will open your eyes and ears wider, and will find something, what you will like in it.

56dos never was a very typical math rock band, but till now at least they tried to be in genre's frames. It looks this album is their step out from traditional post rock territory.

Music there is a hot fusion of modern electronic, dance rhythms and some post-rock guitars and atmosphere. It's not a secret anymore post-rock was born as explosion, but in very few years became self-closed society for dreamy repetitive atmospheric soundscapes and pseudo-classical strings arrangements. What is not bad at all. The problem was genre's formula was over-explored during few years, and bigger part of artists just stacked in yesterday's music for years. As a result, post-rock missed its fans. Everyone understands they need new blood. New ideas and new sounds.

I don't think the direction 65dos chose there on this album is the only way for post-rock evolution. But it is one of ways, fresh experimentation I missed in genre's music for a long time.

Returning back to album's music, in many senses it reminds me Squarepusher's revolution in jazz fusion sound. He combined modern electronic sound with live bass and jazz fusion structures. 65dos made similar revolution in post rock sound: electronic wall of sound with complex rhythms and structures are mixed with sound of post-rock live guitars and drums. Energy, rhythm, almost danceable compositions - plus characteristic dreamy ambient post-rock elements.

Squarepusher was ignored by many jazz fusion fans as enemies agent in their state, I believe this album will receive similar reviews from many orthodox post-rock lovers. Who cares - we know that progressive music is "progressive" because of its evolution, day to day searches of new experimental sound, and not because it is a frozen sound combination for museums.

P.S. The Cure goth-rock legend Robert Smith participated on "Come To Me".

Achtung! Possibly, many wouldn't accept this album as post-rock at all.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#282563) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010

3 stars Got to make a kind of stand about this album. To many others this one is the weakest 65dos album but IMO is not bad at all. Different from the "classic" 65dos?... Yes!... Not proggy enough?... Maybe... Not post-rock? Definitively no. Post-rock is an experimental genre that constatly look forwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#1291758) | Posted by progadicto | Tuesday, October 14, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of 65DAYSOFSTATIC "We Were Exploding Anyway"