LIVE IN MUNICH 1977

Live, released in 2006

Disc 1

1. Kill the King (4:38)
2. Mistreated (11:03)
3. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves (8:21)
4. Catch the Rainbow (17:31)
5. Long Live Rock 'n' Roll (7:33)

Disc 2

1. Man on the Silver Mountain (14:37)
2. Still I'm Sad (25:16)
3. Do You Close Your Eyes (9:37)

Search RAINBOW Live In Munich 1977 lyrics

- David Stone / Keyboards

Polydor Records 2006
Eagle Records 2006

Thanks to Malve87 for the addition

RAINBOW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RAINBOW Live In Munich 1977 Music

RAINBOW - LIVE IN MUNICH 1977 (2006 2-CD LIVE SET) USD $4.00 [1 bids]
RAINBOW - Live In Munich 1977 - gatefold 2xLP USD $30.52 Buy It Now 1 day
RAINBOW-LIVE IN MUNICH 1977-JAPAN 2 CD G00 zd USD $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RAINBOW**LIVE: IN MUNICH 1977**2 CD SET USD $12.58 Buy It Now 3 days
RAINBOW-LIVE IN MUNICH 1977-JAPAN2 DVD 2 CD LTD L45 sd USD $48.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Rainbow - Live in Munich 1977 (CD, Jun-2006, 2 Discs, Eagle Records (USA)) USD $14.39 Buy It Now 4 days
RAINBOW Live In Munich 1977 Double Coloured 180g Vinyl LP NEW SEALED Back On Blk USD $29.29 Buy It Now 5 days
RAINBOW - Live in Munich 1977 (2 CD) + 2 free promo compilation CDs!!! USD $14.90 Buy It Now 7 days
RAINBOW - LIVE IN MUNICH 1977, 2012 JAPAN 2CD + OBI, NEW - SEALED! USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Rainbow - Live in Munich 1977 (Live Recording, 2006) 24HR POST USD $13.14 Buy It Now 9 days
Rainbow Live In Munich 1977 RSD limited edition red splatter vinyl 2LP NEW/SEALE USD $54.75 Buy It Now 11 days
RAINBOW - LIVE IN MUNICH, 1977 2CD ALBUM SET (April 29th) USD $15.07 Buy It Now 11 days
RAINBOW - LIVE IN MUNICH, 1977 2LP VINYL ALBUM SET (April 29th) USD $30.89 Buy It Now 11 days
RAINBOW "LIVE IN MUNICH 1977" 2006 ROCK RADIO LIBRARY-OOP STILL SEALED CD USD $8.99 Buy It Now 13 days
RAINBOW Live in Munich 1977 LP Vinyl JAPAN HE 9314 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 15 days
RAINBOW Live In Munich 1977 2013 Remastered 2x CD NEW & SEALED USD $16.61 Buy It Now 15 days
RAINBOW LIVE IN MUNICH 2xLP 1977 EAGLE RECORDS (RELEASED 2013) NEW MINT SEALED USD $29.35 Buy It Now 16 days
Live in Munich 1977 by Rainbow (CD, Jun-2006, 2 Discs, Eagle Records (USA)) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 17 days
RAINBOW - Live In Munich 1977 CD X2 Blackmore Dio Powell Daisley New Sealed USD $15.44 Buy It Now 17 days
RAINBOW**LIVE: IN MUNICH 1977**2 VINYL SET USD $32.36 Buy It Now 17 days
RAINBOW-LIVE IN MUNICH 1977-2013-RSD 2 LP RED SPECKLED VINYL-DEEP PURPLE-NEW USD $54.07 Buy It Now 17 days
Rainbow / Live In Munich 1977 JAPAN Dio 2CD *N USD $39.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Live in Munich 1977 by Rainbow (DVD, Apr-2013, Eagle Rock (USA)) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 19 days
RAINBOW Live in Munich 1977 MOON Rec. 2CD Ritchie Blackmore DIO * POWELL USD $14.90 Buy It Now 21 days
RAINBOW - LIVE IN MUNICH 1977 - RSD 2013 COLOUR VINYL DOUBLE LP NEW AND SEALED USD $38.62 Buy It Now 23 days
Rainbow - Live in Munich 1977 [2CD] / Rock / NEW CD *SEALED* USD $9.95 Buy It Now 24 days
RAINBOW - LIVE IN MUNICH 1977 NEW VINYL USD $46.57 Buy It Now 27 days
RAINBOW - LIVE IN MUNICH 1977 (RE-RELEASE) 2 VINYL LP CLASSIC ROCK USD $29.32 Buy It Now 27 days
Rainbow - Live In Munich 1977 [Vinyl New] USD $33.30 Buy It Now 28 days
Rainbow Live in Munich 1977 German 2 CD new Dio Elf USA USD $19.19 Buy It Now 28 days
RAINBOW LIVE IN MUNICH 1977 2 X LP IMPORT MINT USD $52.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Rainbow Live in Munich 1977 SEALED 2006 USA 2CD Deep Purple Dio Black Sabbath USD $17.95 Buy It Now 29 days
Rainbow - Live In Munich 1977 LP Vinyl Record USD $44.79 Buy It Now 29 days
0 result found for "RAINBOW"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy RAINBOW music online Buy RAINBOW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RAINBOW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RAINBOW Live In Munich 1977 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(16%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(68%)

RAINBOW Live In Munich 1977 reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars Rainbow was a live force to be reckoned with in 1976/1977. Ritchie Blackmore was the obvious focal point of the band, but he wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the towering vocals of Dio and the powerful drums of Cozy Powell. Also the importance of Toney Carey's heavy rock keyboard work and Bob Daisly's lively bass work can't be underestimated.

Kill The King. A speedy, aggressive and tight start of this concert and possibly the best version ever recorded of this song. The sound is sharper and more aggressive then other Rainbow live records.

Mistreated. Another great performance. Dio sounds heavier and more menacing then on earlier version of the On Stage album. The song doesn't have the melancholic charm of the original Deep Purple track, but this version almost blows similar blues classics from Led Zeppelin out of the sky. Blackmore's solo in the middle is very much to the point this time.

Sixteen Greensleeves. Another live classic, firing with energy. A 4 minute improvisation extends the original track, it's slightly different then the one from On Stage but not necessarily better. The actual song is a furious blast though. Dio never sounded better.

Catch The Rainbow. Originally a 5 minute ballad that got completely out of control and has been extended to no less then 17.30 minutes here, much of which are taken up by expanding the guitar solos. It's quite an achievement they manage to keep it going for so long without losing my attention (too much).

Long Live R'n'R. A typical light-and-easy Rainbow song, nothing spectacular but rocking and rolling all the way. Good performance, expanded with the mandatory audience sing-along section.

Man On The Silver Mountain. Same as On Stage, complete with boring blues improvisation from Blackmore, a lengthy but acceptable vocal improvisation from Dio and the frustratingly short Starstruck snippet.

Still I'm Sad: Organ/synth solo, bit of the song, guitar solo, bit of another song, guitar solo2, organ solo2, drum solo, drum solo with orchestral keyboard effects, another bit of song and finale with Dio unleashing an unheard amount of vocal decibels. I must say I prefer the On Stage version very much.

Do You Close Your Eyes. Nobody's favourite, the full 9 minutes of it contain some nice guitar parts but the song will forever remain weak, no matter how hard they try.

The world is not perfect. This is the most energetic Rainbow live album and it contains some of their most inspired performances, but Stargazer is missing from the setlist and the last 50 minutes are rather disappointing. Still, a good item for fans.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#282313) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars I am not really a sucker for live albums. There are a few I really like but for the most part I say go for the studio albums instead and leave the live ones 'til you've absorbed those first. Too often I find live renditions to be less interesting, too long and sometimes pointless. But then tere are those few live albums that really kicks you in the head with the ferociuos live energy of a steam train. This one is such an example.

I have always found, being a fan of Rainbow since my pre-teens, that On stage was a bit too polished. Though nice enough and all that, it lacked somewhat in energy. Then came Live in Germany 1976 and while "Do you close your eyes" ends in a cacophony and utter destruction (in the most glorious way) it showed little more than On stage, as regards the infamous energy of Rainbow. So, when I got my hands on Live in Munich 1977 I was very pleased. Thrilled, even. Here was an amazing recording of one of my favorite bands in a fullfledged live setting. It did not disappoint.

The set list is more or less identical with all official Rainbow live releases of the Ronnie Dio-era. That is slightly disapponting, since I wanted to hear some of the other great works of the band. Apart from that, a point made regarding the mass of live albums rather than Live in Munich as such, this is fabolous.

Kicking off with "Kill the king". This is spectacular hard rock in all it's glory. Biting, raucous and kicking like a mule on steroids it punches it's way through the speakers. What a way to start! "Mistreated" seems to be a favorite of Blackmore's and is give the usual live treatment. I like it a lot. It fits in well after the speed of "Kill the king".

For me "Catch the rainbow" has always been one of the most atmospheric and epic of live songs. Stretching over 17 minutes you might think that ones attenition and patience is tried to the limit but I find not. It is actually held together well and provides several solos from the band. It is a beautiful song. An epic ballad of the old school which really is a jewel in the crown, of sorts. It also provides the listener with a well needed break from all the noise and commotion.

Live in Munich is a very noisy, hard rocking, ferocious album. The sound is very messy but that's is, as far as I am concerned, a good thing. It actually helps giving me as a listener a chance to come as close as I ever will to a real Rainbow experience. No one will ever be given the treat of seeing this line-up perform live again, since RJD sadly passed away. Not that it was going to happen anyway but now every inch of hope is gone.

This live album ranks among my Top 5 and is a wonderful way of experiencing not only hard rock in all it's live glory but Rainbow in particular. They were a force to be reckoned with and I think neither Blackmore nor Dio made this kind of noise in any band or setting, not before and not after. Top stuff it is but as with any live album I find it hard giving it five stars. Not because it lacks songs I'd wished to be on there but simply because it cannot surpass the quality of the live albums. And besides, a live album can't be essential in my book. Really, it can't, but I do think it can be an excellent addition to any collection or collector of progressive hard rock.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1164340) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Post a review of RAINBOW "Live In Munich 1977"