INDEPENDENT HARMONY

Division By Zero

Division By Zero Independent Harmony album cover

Buy DIVISION BY ZERO Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Independent Harmony (7:31)
2. Wake Me Up (6:24)

- Mariusz Pretkiewicz / percussion
- Maciej Foryta / bass
- Leszek Trela / guitar
- Robert Gajgier / keyboard

Thanks to diserpiero for the addition

DIVISION BY ZERO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIVISION BY ZERO Independent Harmony Music

Tyranny of TherapyTyranny of Therapy
Single
Insanity / Nightmare 2007
Boulderdash/Ball Blazer [Vinyl]Boulderdash/Ball Blazer [Vinyl]
EP
Eskimo 2007
Vinyl$12.84

More places to buy DIVISION BY ZERO music online Buy DIVISION BY ZERO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIVISION BY ZERO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIVISION BY ZERO Independent Harmony ratings distribution

DIVISION BY ZERO Independent Harmony reviews

Review by snobb
3 stars During last decade Poland became a home for the best world-class heavy rock bands, as Riverside or Indukti. So, I am just trying to check all possible new heavy/prog metal releases from this country, happily I need just one and half hour for gettin' there by car.

It is my first Division By Zero album, so I can't compare it with their other works. After very first album's song I was seriously worried - competent heavy metal, with some progressivity elements, great vocals ( a little bit a-la Bruce Dickinson), growling, but nothing original at all. One more quality clone?

Then things gone better. Less boring-to-death trashing, much more melodies, dark ,even atmospheric sound. Great drumming, competent guitars. Really better than average vocals.

For sure, they are not on the league of Riverside, but borrowed very melodic sound from former. Not too many elements of progressivity, but very competent sound for classic prog metal fans.

After few decades of my active interest to heavy metal/heavy prog music I became a bad critic of this genre - myriads of clones can kill everyone's interest to that music. So - I really like this music if there is something new in every new album and the music is played by excellent musicians. Unhappily such situation is extremely rare nowadays.

Division By Zero's new album is no exception. Some power metal influences and gothic-bombastic sound really didn't make their music better. So, a bit better than average prog metal album for me. But metalheadz could easily add one more star to evaluation.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#281742) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 13, 2010

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars I had high expectations for Division By Zero's second album. Their debut was an exceptionally strong progressive metal album with influences ranging from Opeth and Riverside to Faith No More and Evergrey. The only thing missing to make a masterpiece from it would be a little more maturity and more personal style.

Now, when it comes to that Independent Harmony is a failure. Instead of developing the elements that made them stand out above the pack, they removed them! Gone are the attractive Faith No More influences in the vocals, gone are most of the Gothic elements that made them challenge Evergrey at being the darkest power metal band. All that is left is a formulaic product that seems to come from a metal assembly line: featuring the required powerhouse sound, the expected gruff and emo vocals, the technical riff galore and rollercoaster tempos.

The songs are ok but there's little that makes them noteworthy, and a lot that makes them routine and commercial. So I have to agree entirely with Snobb before me. Good product but faceless, and at least one star less then the marvellous debut.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#282632) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5 stars In Poland you can find many great progressive bands (Riverside, Indukti, Qudiam, Satellie or Votum). Division By Zero is from Poland too and it's one of my favourite progressive metal band. I've enjoed his first album "Tyranny of Therapy" so I was disappointed to wait for second album 3 yeras but... ... (read more)

Report this review (#280603) | Posted by mistermasyl | Wednesday, May 05, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DIVISION BY ZERO "Independent Harmony"