RARITIES (US VERSION)

- John Lennon / guitars/ vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass / guitars / vocals
- George Harrison / guitars / vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums / vocals

Thanks to chicapah for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rarities (US version) Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.99
BEATLES - Beatles for Sale Korea CD *SEALED* $2.99 S/H US $14.99 Buy It Now 29m 43s
BEATLES - Revolver Korea CD *SEALED* Rare $2.99 S/H US $14.99 Buy It Now 30m 1s
BEATLES - Rubber Soul Korea CD *SEALED* $2.99 S/H rare US $14.99 Buy It Now 30m 15s
BEATLES "RED COLORED VINYL" DMM DIRECT METAL MASTERED 1962-1966 AUDIOPHILE 2x LP US $84.99 Buy It Now 31m 27s
THE BEATLES TWIST AND SHOUT 45 VINYL RECORD VG+ US $8.95 Buy It Now 31m 44s
The Beatles - With The Beatles US $24.62 Buy It Now 32m 12s
COME TOGETHER: GUITAR TRIBUTE TO THE BEATLES, VOL. 2 - NEW CD US $14.81 Buy It Now 33m 46s
Original 1962- 1966 THE BEATLES LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" SKBO 3403 US $15.42 Buy It Now 35m 21s
RARE Original The BEATLES Vinyl ROCK N ROLL MUSIC Vol. 1 LP Album MFP 50506 US $13.49 Buy It Now 35m 21s
RARE Original Vinyl LP Album - THE BEATLES BALLADS TM 8010 GL US $13.49 Buy It Now 35m 21s
RARE Original Vinyl LP Album - Collection of BEATLES Oldies FA 41 3081 1 US $13.49 Buy It Now 35m 21s
Beatles Sargent Peppers Record Insert Framed US $9.99 [0 bids]
39m 11s
Beatles - Oldies LP Japan Obi John Lennon Mega Rare ! US $29.99 Buy It Now 42m 12s
BEATLES - Ballad Of John & Yoko - Excellent Condition 7" Single Apple R 5814 US $13.08 Buy It Now 42m 38s
BEATLES - From Me To You - Excellent Condition 7" Single Parlophone R 5015 US $13.08 Buy It Now 43m 7s
BEATLES - I Feel Fine - Excellent Condition 7" Single Parlophone R 5200 US $9.80 Buy It Now 43m 50s
BEATLES - Let It Be - Excellent Condition 7" Single Apple R 5833 US $16.36 Buy It Now 44m 5s
Paul McCartney & WINGS London Town LP w/ POSTER & LYRICS NEAR MINT Vinyl BEATLES US $14.99 Buy It Now 44m 7s
THE BEATLES Talk Downunder LP PVC 8911 NEAR MINT Vinyl US $16.99 Buy It Now 44m 8s
BEATLES - Paperback Writer - Excellent Condition 7" Single Parlophone R 5452 US $13.09 Buy It Now 44m 34s
MARY McCASLIN dj 45 HELP Beatles / A SATISFIED MIND ~VG to VG+ folk US $5.00 Buy It Now 44m 46s
GREAT SONGS OF THE BEATLES - 1972 US $11.99 Buy It Now 45m 17s
BEATLES - Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane -Ex 7" Single Parlophone R 5570 US $16.37 Buy It Now 45m 33s
Beatles VJ-581 Please Please Me US $129.99 [0 bids]
45m 41s
The Beatles - In The Beginning - Beatles, The 7" 45 (Blue Vinyl) US $43.99 Buy It Now 45m 48s
BEATLES - We Can Work It Out - Excellent Condition 7" Single Parlophone R 5389 US $9.80 Buy It Now 46m 2s
The Beatles-Revolver (2009 Digital Remaster)-CD-Brand New-Still Sealed US $16.13 Buy It Now 46m 7s
BEATLES - Yellow Submarine / Eleanor Rigby - Ex Con 7" Single Parlophone R 5493 US $13.08 Buy It Now 46m 17s
BEATLES - Yesterday - Excellent Condition 7" Single Parlophone R 6013 US $16.36 Buy It Now 46m 32s
THE BEATLES . ABBEY ROAD TOSHIBA/EMI BLACK TRIANGLE CD . VERY RARE . US $245.82 [0 bids]
47m 33s
THE BEATLES featuring tony sheridan LP Mint- CN 2007 Stereo Contour UK 1976 US $35.00 Buy It Now 49m
GUITAR MAG 5 CD LOT - Led Zeppelin Floyd Van Halen Santana Megadeth Beatles +++ US $15.00 Buy It Now 51m 11s
THE HOUSE OF LOVE The Beatles And The Stones UK 12" single PS 1990 ex+/ex US $11.46 Buy It Now 52m 18s
BEATLES REVOLVER JAPAN 1986 UK CUTTING LIMITED MONO RED COLOR VINYL w/WIDE OBI US $119.99 Buy It Now 52m 20s
Latvian JOHN LENNON Imagine - LATVIA - MELODIYA RIGA SF - the BEATLES US $45.90 Buy It Now 53m 7s
BEATLES ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC / EVERY LITTLE THING 45 7" ODEON JAPAN BLACK WAX US $19.99 Buy It Now 53m 59s
WINDSWEPT PACIFIC 10 CD PUBLISHERS BOX SKYNYRD BEATLES CHUCK BERRY CANNED HEAT US $69.95 Buy It Now 54m 49s
With the Beatles by The Beatles (CD, Feb-1987, Capitol/EMI Records) US $24.99 Buy It Now 55m 7s
The Beatles Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band LP mono red swirl inner sleeve US $139.75 [0 bids]
55m 25s
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan SGT.PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND s2143 US $20.00 Buy It Now 55m 28s
The Beatles - Love Songs 2xLP Compilation Parlophone PCS721 1977 MINT!! US $49.15 Buy It Now 57m 50s
Beatles - Birthday - 7" Single - USA - 1994 - Green Vinyl - NEW US $25.00 Buy It Now 58m 33s
THE BEATLES 1960's BROOCH-BADGE-PIN GOLD (COLOURED) fully working pin/clasp US $57.35 Buy It Now 58m 49s
The Beatles - Beatles For Sale US $32.78 Buy It Now 1h
The Early Beatles/the Beatles with Tony Sheridan and Beat brothers vinyl LP 1987 US $200.00 Buy It Now 1h
Beatles Hey Jude Apple 2276 VERY 1st PRESSING! W/RARE WEST COAST APPLE SLEEVE! US $29.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Greatest Rare Vintage by Emi Odeon 2 sided 33 Vinyl LP Stereo Record US $19.99 [0 bids]
PAUL/BEATLES Japan 1972 NM 7"45+PS RIGHT HAND Jacket HI US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
JOHN LENNON/BEATLES Japan NM 7"45+PS HAPPY CHRISTMAS US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Beatles Medley Unlimited Beat E452891 Very Good Audio CD US $64.55 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Beatles Anthology 2 US 1996 Apple Records 3LP set NM US $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
1964 UK Ist Press MONO """""""""" BEATLES FOR SALE LP US $18.85 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES - MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR (UK CASSETTE/TAPE ALBUM) LIME GREEN LABEL US $21.29 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Beatles - Meet The Beatles - Capitol Purple - ST2047 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Giant lot of Vintage 45 Records Country Rock Rockabilly Jazz Beatles Floyd More US $179.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Record (I Want a To Hold a Your Hand) and 5 Beatles Cards US $24.99 [0 bids]
FRANK CHACKSFIELD plays the BEATLES songbook lp PHASE 4 STEREO rare! look1 US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 16 CD Lot-Like New!!!! US $175.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
BEATLES Second Album Stereo Vinyl LP Record Album ST 2080 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
WITH THE BEATLES - MONO UK LP Original 1st pressing from 1963 JOBETE YB VG+/VG+ US $155.70 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Five Nights in a Judo Arena [Vinyl] The Beatles US $300.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
The Beatles Abbey Road Apple Records SO-383 LP US $8.99 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON & YOKO - Milk & Honey Beatles related UK Polydor gorgeous NEAR MINT US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Ravi Shankar~George Harrison~Ringo Starr DJ 45 Beatles US $16.20 Buy It Now 1h 19m
The Beatles - With The Beatles LP MONO Y&B PMC1206 7N/7N US $24.57 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Beatles 1963 recordings 2cd real mini LP US $34.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES / 1967-1970 ORIGINAL 1973 DOUBLE LP Apple Records SKBO-3404 Vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES / 1962-1966 ORIGINAL 1973 DOUBLE LP Apple Records SKBO-3403 records US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LADY MADONNA 7" UK 1ST & INSERT NEAR MINT US $90.12 Buy It Now 1h 24m
THE BEATLES * MYTHOLOGY, 1963 - 1964 * 2CD ( mini LP ) Sealed New OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
THE BEATLES - RED ALBUM 1962-1966 (SAUDI IMD CASSETTE/TAPE ALBUM) PAPER LABELS US $8.18 Buy It Now 1h 26m
THE BEATLES * The Early BEATLES * Stereo CD mini lp NEW Sealed OBI US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Paul McCartney Deliverance Steve Anderson Remix 12" in Box w Photo Book Beatles US $169.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THE BEATLES - RUBBER SOUL (SAUDI IMD CASSETTE/TAPE ALBUM) PAPER LABELS US $8.18 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Beatles-Cap-apple(promo lbl,cvr)Anthology 2 US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
The Beatles, 1962-66 , Gatefold Sleeve, Dutch issue, EX US $8.18 [0 bids]
The Beatles - With The Beatles LP Stereo Reissue PCS3045 US $24.57 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles A hard day's night United artists promo White label Ual 3366 US $385.00 [20 bids]
THE BEATLES - BLUE ALBUM 1967-1970 (UK CASSETTE/TAPE ALBUM) WHITE PAPER LABELS US $6.54 Buy It Now 1h 32m
BEATLES 45 RPM RECORD WITH PICTURE SLEEVE - SWAN 4152 US $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Abbey Road ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $34.33 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Abbey Road ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $27.78 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Abbey Road ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $19.58 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Abbey Road ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $14.67 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Abbey Road ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $22.86 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Please Please Me ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $34.33 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Please Please Me ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $27.78 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Please Please Me ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $19.58 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Please Please Me ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $14.67 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES Please Please Me ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $22.86 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES The White Album ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $34.33 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES The White Album ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $27.78 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES The White Album ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $19.58 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES The White Album ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $14.67 Buy It Now 1h 33m
? THE BEATLES The White Album ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $22.86 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Classic rock lot of 16 cd's-GRATEFUL DEAD-BOWIE-ELO-THE WHO-BEATLES US $13.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Decca Sessions UK 12" LP (33RPM -1979 Picture Disc). Ex condition. US $32.78 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES let it be/you know my name 1970 YUGOSLAVIAN 7'' SINGLE US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
The Beatles - Please Please Me LP Stereo Reissue PCS3042 US $24.57 Buy It Now 1h 36m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rarities (US version) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(67%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

THE BEATLES Rarities (US version) reviews

Review by Chicapah
2 stars It took a long time for some of us boomers to get over the breakup of The Beatles. Some never did, I suppose, but I finally moved on after suffering through months of withdrawal. The fantastic, anything-goes music that saturated the 70s, especially the spectacular aural art flowing freely from the progressive rock genre, helped me immensely to recover from that particular heartbreak. Yet they were light years from being forgotten. The Fab Four's lengthy shadow stretched across the minds of the musicians of that wild decade and we couldn't help glancing back over our shoulders sometimes to see if there was something that we somehow missed hearing from them. Truth be known, many of my generation who reluctantly grew into adulthood with the likes of "Rubber Soul" and "The White Album" as a backdrop would've been willing to buy a tape of John, Paul, George & Ringo's canine pets farting "Norwegian Wood" in four-part harmony if it went on sale. And, despite the fact that each member seemed to be wholly content to pursue their solo careers, rumors of the quartet miraculously reuniting were as regular as UFO sightings and, thus, hope sprang eternal.

So, in March of 1980, cash-strapped Capitol Records decided to capitalize on the existence of a sizeable Beatle-jonesing consumer group and quietly placed in the record bins "Rarities," an album consisting of tracks that had either never been officially released by that label or not made available on a state-side LP at all, as well as some alternate takes and mixes. An intelligent soul would think that even if an immensely popular group like The Rolling Stones or The Who did such a thing that perhaps a thousand die-hard fans would line up to purchase one. But The Beatles were still sacred bovines in the hearts of the aging flower children gang and this album went gold (half a million units sold) in no time, reaching as high as #21 on the charts, even though there really wasn't anything new about it at all. I must confess, I was one of the multitudes who didn't hesitate to part with my hard-earned cash for it. My overly-optimistic yearning was that somehow, even if for a split second, there would be something included that would recreate the thrill I used to relish every time I heard one of their songs for the first time. Of course, that didn't happen. It was totally unrealistic to think it would so I had to settle for reminiscing about how great the lads from Liverpool were and how lucky I was to have lived in their heyday. You can't re- live the past but you sure can waste a lot of time thinking about it.

Having the Ringo-led version of "Love Me Do" in my possession is nice but it really makes me wonder what the fuss over George Martin's insistence on using session drummer Andy White on the master was all about. Other than not having a tambourine rattling away it sounds the same. "Misery" and "There's a Place" had only been released as 45s previously so they qualified. "Sie Liebt Dich" is "She Loves You" sung in German and I envision Lennon goose-stepping around the studio with his finger under his nose and arm upraised between takes. "And I Love Her" is the first cut to emphasize the sheer eccentricity of this collection as the album descends into the realm of minutiae. Its sole distinction is that Paul's vocal is overdubbed and the guitar riff is repeated six times at the end instead of four. Really? Be still my beating heart. "Help" features a different lead vocal from John, "I'm Only Sleeping" sports an alternate array of backwards guitar snippets and "I Am the Walrus" is a combination of two rarer versions edited together. None of these makes for an earth-shaking revelation, exactly, so side one of this sphere of vinyl was a disappointment.

One of the coolest things is found on "Penny Lane." It's got the extra seven-note piccolo trumpet riff at the end that was trimmed off in the final mix. The deal is that after hearing it you'll expect it every time you hear the tune played on the radio because it fits so perfectly and, when it doesn't happen, it will drive you crazy forevermore. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.) And, speaking of nuts with lame excuses, Charlie Manson's favorite number is next, the homicide-inducing-but-otherwise-playful "Helter Skelter." This is a mono mix that takes a few detours from the well-known version but not enough to make much of a difference. The same goes for "Don't Pass Me By." If there's a Beatles song that has gotten less attention than Harrison's weird "The Inner Light" then please share your knowledge. There's a good reason for its obscurity, too. It's a dog, and a mongrel at that. George tries to meld an Indian raga with lyrics inspired by a Japanese poem and he fails miserably. It makes "Why don't we do it in the road" sound like "A Day in the Life" in comparison. The rawer, Spector-less rendition of John's "Across the Universe" is more like what I wanted to hear. It's a much better composition without all the syrupy strings added on. I'll be honest now. "You Know My Name (Look up the Number)" is the real reason I bought this disc. I've always thought it has a charming Monty Python-ish goofiness about it that shows they could have silly fun in the studio and not take themselves so seriously. It has an endearing atmosphere, as well. At two seconds in duration, the "Sgt. Pepper Inner Groove" goes by way too fast for dissection so let's just let it be, shall we?

When the "Yesterday and Today" LP came out in 1966 I rushed out and snatched up a copy. Soon after I heard that the famous "butcher cover" might be hidden underneath the hideous and, frankly, uglier "steamer trunk" photo that graced mine so I amateurishly tried to peel/steam off the overlay as was being suggested. The good news was that I had, indeed, gotten one of the coveted re-covers. The bad news was that I made a mess of the thing in the process of discovery. You can tell it's the real McCoy, alright, but it ain't gonna be fetching a fortune at auction anytime soon if you know what I mean. The compilers of "Rarities" had intended to put said controversial cover on the front of this bloody baby but that idea got shot down by the same breed of stiff, narrow-minded execs at Capitol as 14 years earlier so it ended up being plastered discreetly on the fold out. Much ado about nothing, I say. To the label's credit, though, they did include over 40 unpublished color and black & white photos of the band to round out the nostalgic concept. 8 years later when Apple released the two volumes of "Past Masters" and then in the mid 90s when the three Anthology CDs came out this LP became woefully obsolete and more of a footnote than anything relevant or sought-after. Still, its success shows that the group's undeniable (and profitable) mystique lived on long after they ceased to exist as a working entity. 2.4 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#281782) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 13, 2010

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rarities (US version)"