RARITIES (US VERSION)

- John Lennon / guitars/ vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass / guitars / vocals
- George Harrison / guitars / vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums / vocals

Thanks to chicapah for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rarities (US version) Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$15.95
THE BEATLES 1967-70 VINYL LP ON BLUE VINYL US $24.99 [1 bids]
29m 56s
The BEATLES GET BACK / DON'T LET ME DOWN VG Recorded in England US $5.98 Buy It Now 30m 3s
4 pieces of Beatles CD albums (Hungarian first editions) US $49.99 [0 bids]
30m 8s
MINT THE BEATLES DIE CAST MODEL MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR ALBUM TAXI - CAB BOXED US $30.57 Buy It Now 31m 23s
THE BEATLES WASHINGTON D.C. 1964 BLU RAY DISC DELUXE LIMITED 25 US $27.35 [0 bids]
31m 29s
The Beatles VI - Capitol ST 2358 VG+ US $2.00 [1 bids]
32m 28s
Beatles Record LP Magical Mystery Tour w/ Book Capitol VG+ US $25.00 Buy It Now 33m 18s
THE BEATLES RED ALBUM 1962-66 VINYL US $10.99 [5 bids]
34m 6s
The Beatles (13 CD Box Set) The U.S. Albums US $135.00 [0 bids]
34m 20s
The Beatles Get Back/Don't let me down Apple 2490 NM Original 45 Vinyl Single US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 45s
Cassettes 36 Tape Lot,,with plastic cases,,Van Halen,Beatles,Cream,Jimi Hendrix US $49.99 Buy It Now 35m 7s
BEATLES Paul McCartney Wings Ringo George & Related G+/VG+ 13 7"s Apple Capitol US $7.99 [0 bids]
35m 52s
Beatles - Abbey Road (1969/1995) [SEALED] - Limited Edition vinyl LP; Lennon US $59.99 Buy It Now 36m 29s
The Beatles - Meet the Beatles Capitol T-2047 US $3.50 [0 bids]
37m 36s
Beatles Greatest Hits by Newton Wayland (CD, Sep-1989, Compendia Music Group) US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 45s
The Beatles back at the Hollywood Bowl in 9164 US $15.00 [0 bids]
38m 12s
The Beatles Dont Let Me Down Get Back Apple2490 G-VG (45-7694) US $6.49 Buy It Now 38m 32s
The Beatles Shes A Woman I Feel Fine Capitol5327 G (45-7695) US $6.49 Buy It Now 38m 33s
The Beatles She Loves You Ill Get You Swan4152 G-VG (45-7861) US $6.49 Buy It Now 39m 30s
George Harrison-Self Titled Vinyl LP-in shrink -Beatles Related US $3.99 [0 bids]
39m 31s
The Beatles Christmas Concert Tour Programme 1964 + Eric Clapton US $54.02 [4 bids]
40m 5s
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper; French Pressing; Odeon Cat # PCS 7207 S; EX Condition US $42.00 [0 bids]
40m 59s
BEATLES VI Vinyl LP USA Apple ST2358 US $64.38 Buy It Now 41m 4s
The Beatles Got To Get You Into My Life/Helter Skelter Captiol 4274 VG VG+ 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 41m 35s
Beatles, The ~ The Beatles' Second Album ~ LP, Stereo, Album, Reissue Capitol US $25.00 [0 bids]
41m 36s
THE BEATLES - Greatest Hits vol.1 1962-1965 ( 2 CDs Set in Digipack) US $14.99 Buy It Now 41m 43s
PAUL MCCARTNEY TUG OF WAR VINYL LP RECORD CANADA IMPORT BEATLES US $19.95 Buy It Now 41m 48s
The Beatles Featuring Tony Sheridan, Contour UK US $13.00 Buy It Now 41m 53s
The Beatles - The second Album Capitol T-2080 US $1.99 [1 bids]
43m 5s
THE BEATLES A hard day's night Vinyl LP PCS3058 Stereo 2 Box EMI US $48.28 Buy It Now 43m 17s
THE BEATLES Please Please Me Vinyl LP PCS3042 Stereo 2 Box EMI Reissue UK US $80.47 Buy It Now 43m 38s
The Beatles Featuring Tony Sheridan, MR. Pickwick UK US $12.00 Buy It Now 45m 23s
American Top 40 6-2-79 Rod Stewart Beatles Barbara Mandrell Roger Voudouris US $74.99 [0 bids]
46m 55s
Rare German Beatles ( Tony Sheridan ) 7 My Bonnie / The Saints Polydor 24673 Top US $83.71 [6 bids]
47m 54s
The Beatles - SGT. Pepper's Lonely hearts club - 1967 US $6.00 [0 bids]
48m 18s
The 20 Greatest Hits by The Beatles (Vinyl, Capitol/EMI Records) US $49.99 [0 bids]
48m 23s
The Beatles Hey Jude/Revolution Apple 2276 US 1968 VG+ 45 Single Vinyl US $7.99 Buy It Now 49m 51s
THE BEATLES FINE BONE CHINA 4 COLLECTABLE THIMBLES - MINT MADE IN ENGLAND FOUR US $20.91 [0 bids]
50m 1s
Paul McCartney - Pipes Of Peace 12" LP 1983 / Beatles US $24.15 Buy It Now 50m 43s
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/ - LET IT BE [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/THE BEATLES] - NEW CD US $15.60 Buy It Now 51m 3s
BEATLES-Hits For Kids-CD-2004 CD Excellence Australian Issue-PLKID19-NEW-OOP US $13.09 Buy It Now 51m 10s
The Beatles I Don't Want To Spoil the Party/Eight Days A week Capitol 5371 US PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 52m 36s
LOT OF 15 '60'S & '70'S POP / ROCK RECORDS - BEATLES / ELTON JOHN / ABBA US $43.58 Buy It Now 54m 6s
The Early Beatles - Capitol ST-2309 US $1.99 [1 bids]
54m 27s
The Beatles Yellow Submarine (Vinyl) US $35.00 Buy It Now 55m 1s
Beatles - Anthology 1 2-CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 55m 37s
THE BEATLES "SOMETHING NEW" LP CAPITOL / APPLE RECORDS # ST-2108 VG - NM COND!! US $14.99 Buy It Now 56m 54s
BEATLES / RINGO STARR-WRACK MY BRAIN -FRANCE- 1981-K@@L US $11.99 Buy It Now 57m 5s
THE BEATLES THE DECCA TAPES digipack US $24.99 [0 bids]
57m 20s
The Beatles I Saw Her Standing There/I Want To Hold Your Hand Captiol 5112 US VG US $19.99 Buy It Now 57m 25s
Beatles * HERE COMES THE SUN * PREVIOUSLY UNREALEASED JUKE BOX 45 US $24.95 Buy It Now 57m 33s
LP BUGGS The Beetle Beat (Beatles) VG US $9.99 Buy It Now 58m 31s
Ted Leo/Fiery Furnaces This Bird Has Flown 7" Vinyl Record beatles non lp songs! US $14.99 Buy It Now 58m 57s
The Beatles 1967-1970 - Blue Album US $6.50 [0 bids]
59m 45s
John Lennon / Yoko Ono - Heart Play-with insert-Beatles M-/M- US $5.00 [0 bids]
59m 59s
The Beatles - Anthology 3 Promo CD Sampler 5 Tracks M-/M- US $5.00 [1 bids]
1h
BEATLES CLOCK LP HANGING WALL VINYL RARE 12" SGT PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
15 records THE BEATLES, Rain FOUR SEASONS, Goodnight My Love AND MORE US $4.50 [0 bids]
Yoko Ono/The Flaming Lips/Polyphonic Spree PICTURE DISC Vinyl LP Record! beatles US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
MOD MARCHES kids tape HAP PALMER Beatles 1988 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
'68 GEORGE HARRISON LP Wonderwall Music APPLE orig stereo soundtrack beatles OOP US $59.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
- FACTORY SEALED - The Beatles Sgt Pepper 1978 LP (SMAS 2653) mint condition US $52.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Beatles 1 Mexican Edition CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Beatles 1962-1966 Mexican Edition 2CD - RED US $37.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Beatles, The Essential Beatles, (c)1972, LP Record C2 (L9) EMI TVSS8 Apple Label US $30.64 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Beatles 1967-1970 Mexican Edition 2CD - BLUE US $37.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Beatles A Hard Day's Night Mexican Edition CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
BEATLES Super Rare Mexican 7" 4 Track Vinyl EP Apple EPM-10537 US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Beatles Abbey Road Mexican Edition CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Beatles Anthology 1 Mexican Edition 2CD US $53.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Beatles Anthology 2 Mexican Edition 2CD US $53.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
The Beatles Anthology 3 Mexican Edition 2CD US $53.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
ROCKABILLY SURF + BEATLES INSTROS - BENNY & the BEDBUGS -HEAR BOTH- 1964 DCP US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Beatles For Sale Mexican Edition CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
The Beatles Collector's Choice Cover Songs Mexican Edition CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
The Beatles Go Bossa Mexican Edition 2CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
The Beatles Help! Mexican Edition CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
The Beatles Let It Be Mexican Edition CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
The Beatles Let It Be Naked Mexican Edition CD+DVD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
BEATLES LIVE AT THE BBC 2 CD JEWEL CASE US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
BEATLES THE EARLY TAPES OF THE BEATLES CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 1h 9m
The Beatles Live At BBC Mexican Edition 2CD US $36.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
(2) The Beatles 45 Records: I Want To Hold Your Hand And A Hard Days Night US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Mexican Edition CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
The Beatles Love Mexican Edition CD+DVD US $37.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
JOHN LENNON PLASTIC ONO BAND~Imagine~EAS-80705 BEATLES OBI LP NEAR MINT MINUS!! US $74.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour Mexican Edition CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - Help! & I'm Down 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - A Hard Day's Night 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - From Me To You 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - She Loves You 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - Ballad of John & Yoko 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - Let It Be 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $6.42 [0 bids]
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - Please Please Me 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - Yesterday 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - Lady Madonna 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]
Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand 7" x 45 rpm single from Singles Collection US $8.03 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rarities (US version) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(67%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

THE BEATLES Rarities (US version) reviews

Review by Chicapah
2 stars It took a long time for some of us boomers to get over the breakup of The Beatles. Some never did, I suppose, but I finally moved on after suffering through months of withdrawal. The fantastic, anything-goes music that saturated the 70s, especially the spectacular aural art flowing freely from the progressive rock genre, helped me immensely to recover from that particular heartbreak. Yet they were light years from being forgotten. The Fab Four's lengthy shadow stretched across the minds of the musicians of that wild decade and we couldn't help glancing back over our shoulders sometimes to see if there was something that we somehow missed hearing from them. Truth be known, many of my generation who reluctantly grew into adulthood with the likes of "Rubber Soul" and "The White Album" as a backdrop would've been willing to buy a tape of John, Paul, George & Ringo's canine pets farting "Norwegian Wood" in four-part harmony if it went on sale. And, despite the fact that each member seemed to be wholly content to pursue their solo careers, rumors of the quartet miraculously reuniting were as regular as UFO sightings and, thus, hope sprang eternal.

So, in March of 1980, cash-strapped Capitol Records decided to capitalize on the existence of a sizeable Beatle-jonesing consumer group and quietly placed in the record bins "Rarities," an album consisting of tracks that had either never been officially released by that label or not made available on a state-side LP at all, as well as some alternate takes and mixes. An intelligent soul would think that even if an immensely popular group like The Rolling Stones or The Who did such a thing that perhaps a thousand die-hard fans would line up to purchase one. But The Beatles were still sacred bovines in the hearts of the aging flower children gang and this album went gold (half a million units sold) in no time, reaching as high as #21 on the charts, even though there really wasn't anything new about it at all. I must confess, I was one of the multitudes who didn't hesitate to part with my hard-earned cash for it. My overly-optimistic yearning was that somehow, even if for a split second, there would be something included that would recreate the thrill I used to relish every time I heard one of their songs for the first time. Of course, that didn't happen. It was totally unrealistic to think it would so I had to settle for reminiscing about how great the lads from Liverpool were and how lucky I was to have lived in their heyday. You can't re- live the past but you sure can waste a lot of time thinking about it.

Having the Ringo-led version of "Love Me Do" in my possession is nice but it really makes me wonder what the fuss over George Martin's insistence on using session drummer Andy White on the master was all about. Other than not having a tambourine rattling away it sounds the same. "Misery" and "There's a Place" had only been released as 45s previously so they qualified. "Sie Liebt Dich" is "She Loves You" sung in German and I envision Lennon goose-stepping around the studio with his finger under his nose and arm upraised between takes. "And I Love Her" is the first cut to emphasize the sheer eccentricity of this collection as the album descends into the realm of minutiae. Its sole distinction is that Paul's vocal is overdubbed and the guitar riff is repeated six times at the end instead of four. Really? Be still my beating heart. "Help" features a different lead vocal from John, "I'm Only Sleeping" sports an alternate array of backwards guitar snippets and "I Am the Walrus" is a combination of two rarer versions edited together. None of these makes for an earth-shaking revelation, exactly, so side one of this sphere of vinyl was a disappointment.

One of the coolest things is found on "Penny Lane." It's got the extra seven-note piccolo trumpet riff at the end that was trimmed off in the final mix. The deal is that after hearing it you'll expect it every time you hear the tune played on the radio because it fits so perfectly and, when it doesn't happen, it will drive you crazy forevermore. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.) And, speaking of nuts with lame excuses, Charlie Manson's favorite number is next, the homicide-inducing-but-otherwise-playful "Helter Skelter." This is a mono mix that takes a few detours from the well-known version but not enough to make much of a difference. The same goes for "Don't Pass Me By." If there's a Beatles song that has gotten less attention than Harrison's weird "The Inner Light" then please share your knowledge. There's a good reason for its obscurity, too. It's a dog, and a mongrel at that. George tries to meld an Indian raga with lyrics inspired by a Japanese poem and he fails miserably. It makes "Why don't we do it in the road" sound like "A Day in the Life" in comparison. The rawer, Spector-less rendition of John's "Across the Universe" is more like what I wanted to hear. It's a much better composition without all the syrupy strings added on. I'll be honest now. "You Know My Name (Look up the Number)" is the real reason I bought this disc. I've always thought it has a charming Monty Python-ish goofiness about it that shows they could have silly fun in the studio and not take themselves so seriously. It has an endearing atmosphere, as well. At two seconds in duration, the "Sgt. Pepper Inner Groove" goes by way too fast for dissection so let's just let it be, shall we?

When the "Yesterday and Today" LP came out in 1966 I rushed out and snatched up a copy. Soon after I heard that the famous "butcher cover" might be hidden underneath the hideous and, frankly, uglier "steamer trunk" photo that graced mine so I amateurishly tried to peel/steam off the overlay as was being suggested. The good news was that I had, indeed, gotten one of the coveted re-covers. The bad news was that I made a mess of the thing in the process of discovery. You can tell it's the real McCoy, alright, but it ain't gonna be fetching a fortune at auction anytime soon if you know what I mean. The compilers of "Rarities" had intended to put said controversial cover on the front of this bloody baby but that idea got shot down by the same breed of stiff, narrow-minded execs at Capitol as 14 years earlier so it ended up being plastered discreetly on the fold out. Much ado about nothing, I say. To the label's credit, though, they did include over 40 unpublished color and black & white photos of the band to round out the nostalgic concept. 8 years later when Apple released the two volumes of "Past Masters" and then in the mid 90s when the three Anthology CDs came out this LP became woefully obsolete and more of a footnote than anything relevant or sought-after. Still, its success shows that the group's undeniable (and profitable) mystique lived on long after they ceased to exist as a working entity. 2.4 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#281782) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 13, 2010

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rarities (US version)"