DETERMINISM OF MORALITY

- J. Matthew Weed/ guitars and violin
- David Grossman/ bass
- Bruce McMurtrie Jr/ drums

Released May 25th on Translation Loss Records

Thanks to sleeper for the addition

ROSETTA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROSETTA Determinism of Morality Music

A Determinism of MoralityA Determinism of Morality
TRANSLATION LOSS 2010

More places to buy ROSETTA music online Buy ROSETTA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROSETTA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROSETTA Determinism of Morality ratings distribution

ROSETTA Determinism of Morality reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars This genre of "Prog" (quite wide description of Prog these days, so we have to get used to it - I don't object) is a weird beast. Screams and switching of rough/calm passages, that's what it is basically about. It can be taken crudely, or masterly polished, carefully combined. Sure, it has to be raw and somehow wild, but not untamed. This is piece of art done in half way between these two sharp ends. Yes, I've heard better before, but there are pieces (of songs) of interest as well, so this record isn't damned at all.

I don't consider myself narrow/close minded, but I'm not going to fall for anything with such elements and consider it "terrific" and "superb" instantly. I'm enthusiastic for the good stuff, but also suspicious of what I call "screams for screams themselves" => making noise because it's nice, not because it serves higher purpose of creating art.

Anyway, here the beauty of "tamed" version comes with latter half of the album, while first "part" serves as shocking (won't shock me, but those who are not prepared for such kind of music), while the music slowly distills (like a good old whiskey), until we get pure heaven, especially featured on Renew and title track, A Determinism of Morality, while the second one descends into the same screaming chaos from which the whole album emerged. Wonderfully scripted and I dare to say that this was possible the intended background "story" of this album. Or not ? Depends on which version you want to understand.

4(-), some good, some bad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#401333) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 15, 2011

5 stars I always possessed a soft spot for bands with a sludgy sound such as Buried Inside ans ISIS but my first impression of Rosetta's new album left me a bit hanging. It was most likely being in a despicable mood and that ruined it for me. Nevertheless, after a few sessions I found that the slow rhyth ... (read more)

Report this review (#293767) | Posted by Dunn Khan | Sunday, August 08, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars WARNING: This is not an album for closed minded people. This is a metal album. It has influences from progressive music, but mostly is a metal album, with many hardcore traits, such as drumming, screaming/barking vocals and very few guitar solos, with a heavy emphasis on rhythm. So it shouldn ... (read more)

Report this review (#290623) | Posted by nihilmorari27 | Saturday, July 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

1 stars To be completely honest, I don't know how ROSETTA's Determinism of Morality made it onto this site. The majority of the album consists of horrible screaming over heavily distorted guitar playing roughly the same things over and over again. Besides the fact that, in my mind, it hardly qualifies ... (read more)

Report this review (#289594) | Posted by myhandsarefree | Wednesday, July 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROSETTA "Determinism of Morality"