I.M. WAGNER

Hannes Zagermann,
Jens Reichelt

with:

Upright Piano, Synthesizer - Sven Swift

CDr: 12rec (12rec.035, Germany)

Thanks to snobb for the addition

MILHAVEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MILHAVEN I.M. Wagner Music

More places to buy MILHAVEN music online Buy MILHAVEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MILHAVEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MILHAVEN I.M. Wagner ratings distribution

MILHAVEN I.M. Wagner reviews

Review by The Truth
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
4 stars A superb free album of calm, relaxing post rock. Milhaven's first release, Bars Closing Down, was a spiteful and aggressive specimen of an album whereas this one is soothing most all the time.

The first track, Oh! Great Pacific, is a good example of the overall feel. It almost makes you feel at ease by the seaside. It has great moments throughout but sometimes seems to not have an end (a problem with a lot of post-rock) but it doesn't take a whole lot out of the listening experience.

Lord Of Birds starts out in the same vein as the first track but has alot more bursts of aggressiveness. These bursts don't contain the same angst as the ones on the debut did, these are controlled bursts and still maintain the calm atmosphere while giving it a little flavor. Excellent track.

Clean Room is the longest track, soft playing in the start but it builds and eventually gets pretty heavy. But all the while, the track keeps that calm atmosphere going. It's a really beautiful aura I get from this, it really is.

Firnis is the closing track, another calm track, this one more acoustic than the others. I love it from start to finish, a hypnotic and calming close to a very sort of glacial record.

Go ahead and find this album on archive.org, I'm sure the band would appreciate some feedback and they deserve some applause. Great little EP.

Send comments to The Truth (BETA) | Report this review (#295309) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 19, 2010

Post a review of MILHAVEN "I.M. Wagner"