MONDO CANE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Mike Patton Mondo Cane album cover

Buy MIKE PATTON Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Il Cielo In Una Stanza (3:56)
2. Che Notte! (3:18)
3. Ore D'Amore (2:53)
4. Deep Down (3:22)
5. Quello Che Conta (4:04)
6. Urlo Negro (2:49)
7. Scalinatella (3:15)
8. L'Uomo Che Non Sapeva Amare (3:17)
9. 20 KM Al Giorno (2:56)
10. Ti Offro Da Bere (2:28)
11. Senza Fine (4:38)

Search MIKE PATTON Mondo Cane lyrics

Search MIKE PATTON Mondo Cane tabs

Mike Patton / vocals
Aldo Sisillo / conductor
Roy Paci / trumpet
Enri / hammond, clavinet, synthesizer, piano
Gegè Munari / drums
Bip Gismondi / choir, chorus
Silvano Borgatta / choir, chorus

Released May 4, 2010, on Ipecac Recordings
(CD) IPC119

Thanks to sauromat for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

MIKE PATTON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MIKE PATTON Mondo Cane Music

Mondo Cane (Dig)Mondo Cane (Dig)
Ipecac Recordings 2010

More places to buy MIKE PATTON music online Buy MIKE PATTON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MIKE PATTON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MIKE PATTON Mondo Cane ratings distribution

MIKE PATTON Mondo Cane reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars Just like John Zorn who defies placement under any genre or label, Mike Patton has now followed his mentor's steps and once again broadened the possibilities of his musical talents.

Mondo Cane is an album filled with renditions of cinematic Italian pop songs from the '50s and '60s all sung in their native language by Mr.Patton. Backed by an orchestra and recorded during two live shows, among them one in Italy, this album shows everything you might or might not care to know about Mike Patton's vocal and linguistic abilities. This material shows off just how unique of a personality that he possesses and if you could handle Patton singing tenor-style vocals on an opera-sounding Il Cupo Dolore off A Perfect Place or any of his previous solo albums then I'm sure that you'll enjoy bits and pieces of this release.

Granted that this material is void of anything resembling prog or avant-garde, Mondo Cane is not for everyone but there's just enough charm to this material for a lovely easy listening session. I can definitely recommend playing it while having a few guests over just to hear them ask what music this is. Then you can go about and tell them everything you know about Patton, but make sure not to go overboard by completely alienating them in the process. The album features a total of 11 tracks where each displays something new about Mike Patton may it be his great pronunciation on the quirky Che Notte! or passionate and sweet delivery on Ti Offro Da Bere, this release displays it all!

Even though I seem to be enthusiastic about Mondo Cane, which I am, there is no real point in recommending it to anyone but the fans and even some of them might scratch their heads when experiencing this album for the first time. Still one can't blame Mike for any lack of ideas and that's why I award the album a shaky good, but non-essential rating for showing how an artist can go about when broadening their scope of abilities.

**** star songs: Il Cielo In Una Stanza (3:56) Ore D'Amore (2:53) Deep Down (3:22) Quello Che Conta (4:04) Ti Offro Da Bere (2:28) Senza Fine (4:38)

*** star songs: Che Notte! (3:18) Urlo Negro (2:49) Scalinatella (3:15) L'Uomo Che Non Sapeva Amare (3:17) 20 KM Al Giorno (2:56)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#283177) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 23, 2010

Review by UMUR
3 stars Mondo Cane is the 5th full-length studio album ( including a couple of soundtracks) by American experimental rock artist Mike Patton. The album was released May 2010 by Ipecac Recordings. The prolific vocalist is assisted by the Filarmonica Arturo Tuscanini orchestra and choir which is conducted by Aldo Sisillo.

Mondo Cane continues a Mike Patton tradition in the sense that you should expect the unexpected. This time the singer has chosen to cover 50s and 60s Italian pop songs backed by an orchestra and a choir. All songs have Italian lyrics. As usual a bold move that Mike Patton more or less pulls off with ease. The man has an extremely versatile vocal style and while it's only Urlo Negro that features some semi-aggressive vocals, we're still presented with a plethora of different "clean" vocal styles on the album. The backing works really well and gives the songs the right atmosphere but it's Mike Patton's vocals that are the center of attention. There's a nostalgic and sentimental atmosphere to most of the songs that really grap my attention, but images of spies and femme fatales also come to mind in the most energetic of the tracks like Che Notte! and the above mentioned Urlo Negro. Mostly the songs are just really warm and pleasant to listen to. A kind of arty easy listening experience.

The sound is warm and the album is very well produced.

I had read a couple of reviews of Mondo Cane before I listened to the album and therefore I wasn't too surprised by the music style, but I didn't expect to enjoy myself as much as I did. While I don't find Mondo Cane to be a revelation in any way a 3.5 star rating is still deserved for a very pleasant and warm album.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#378950) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 12, 2011

4 stars With Mike Patton's history in music, I think it is safe to say that the biggest surprise he could give us now would be to not surprise us at all. His versatility shines through on this album where he ventures into arranging and singing classic Italian cinema songs. This album is completely i ... (read more)

Report this review (#424840) | Posted by TCat | Wednesday, March 30, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Let me start by saying that im a huge Rock Progressivo Italiano fan, a friend of mine sent me this album, and I had no idea what to expect (truth be told I was expecting Faith No More) I began listening and I was pleasantly surprised, it’s all covers of 50’s 60’s Italian pop ... (read more)

Report this review (#287190) | Posted by DASistGrantTeeL | Friday, June 18, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MIKE PATTON "Mondo Cane"