EMBRACE

1. New Age (7:25)
2. Lord (5:39)
3. Red / Black (2:11)
4. Sleepy Son (7:24)
5. Golden Artifact (3:42)
6. White Dove (9:23)
7. Snow Goddess (5:38)
8. Duet With The Northern Sky (2:58)

Search SLEEPY SUN Embrace lyrics

Search SLEEPY SUN Embrace tabs

- Rachel Fannan / voices
- Bret Constantino / voices
- Matt Holliman / guitar
- Evan Reiss / guitar
- Hubert Guy / bass
- Brian Tice / drums

CD ATP Recordings ATPRCD33 (2009)
LP ATP Recordings ATPRLP33 (2009)
Download ATP Recordings ATPR33 (2009)

SLEEPY SUN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SLEEPY SUN Embrace Music

Vinyl$17.40
Sleepy Son [Vinyl]Sleepy Son [Vinyl]
ATP Recordings 2009
Vinyl$7.56
Spine Hits by Sleepy Sun (2012) Audio CDSpine Hits by Sleepy Sun (2012) Audio CD
The End Records
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears [Japan CD] XQFN-1152Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears [Japan CD] XQFN-1152
Boundee Japan
Fever by Sleepy Sun (2010) Audio CDFever by Sleepy Sun (2010) Audio CD
ATP Recordings
SLEEPY SUN Seattle 2014 SCREENPRINT CONCERT GIG POSTER S&N Tiger Gumball Designs US $34.71 [0 bids]
SLEEPY SUN-MAUI TEARS-JAPAN CD E25 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears (2014) US $19.87 Buy It Now 2 days
Poster Only Crime and the City Solution with Sleepy Sun Australian Tour 2013 US $14.06 [0 bids]
Sleepy Sun - Embrace - 8 Track US $6.82 Buy It Now 3 days
PONTIAK innocence 2014 CD psych guitar moon duo black angels keys om sleepy sun US $6.44 Buy It Now 4 days
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears [CD New] US $10.63 Buy It Now 6 days
SLEEPY SUN-SPINE HITS VINYL LP NEW US $19.40 Buy It Now 6 days
Sleepy Sun Embrace cd US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Sleepy Sun : Spine Hits -OFFICIAL ALBUM PROMO- (CD 2012) 24HR POST US $6.82 Buy It Now 8 days
SLEEPY SUN ~'Spine Hits' ~Rare UK PROMO ONLY CD 2012~STONER PSYCHE ROCK~NEW US $13.66 Buy It Now 9 days
Sleepy Sun - Fever [CD New] US $12.90 Buy It Now 9 days
SLEEPY SUN**MAUI TEARS (LTD. ED./GATEFOLD/180G/45RPM/DOWNLOAD)**VINYL US $20.50 Buy It Now 10 days
SLEEPY SUN - FEVER (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $20.13 Buy It Now 10 days
Sleepy Sun - Spine Hits [Vinyl New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 15 days
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears (NEW CD) US $14.09 Buy It Now 16 days
Sleepy Sun - Fever CD US $16.46 Buy It Now 16 days
Sleepy Sun - Spine Hits Vinyl Record LP US $20.50 Buy It Now 16 days
Sleepy Sun-New Age-Lord-10" Single-*Sealed*-ATPRSP06-Vinyl Record US $11.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Spine Hits by Sleepy Sun (Vinyl, Apr-2012, The End) US $17.95 Buy It Now 16 days
Maui Tears * by Sleepy Sun (Vinyl, Apr-2014, Dine Alone Music) US $29.95 Buy It Now 17 days
SLEEPY SUN - Embrace - RARE 8 Track Promo Advance CD 09 US $5.93 Buy It Now 17 days
SLEEPY SUN - MAUI TEARS [DIGIPAK] (821826005594) - NEW CD US $7.92 Buy It Now 20 days
SLEEPY SUN MAUI TEARS CD NEW (UK IMPORT) US $16.99 Buy It Now 20 days
SLEEPY SUN MAUI TEARS CD NEW US $17.08 Buy It Now 20 days
Fever [Digipak] by Sleepy Sun (CD, May-2010, ATP Recordings) US $9.94 Buy It Now 20 days
SLEEPY SUN Embrace LP Vinyl 2009 NM US $24.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Embrace - Sleepy Sun Digipak 2009 CD US $1.36 Buy It Now 21 days
(AC476) Sleepy Sun, Sleepy Son - DJ CD US $5.11 Buy It Now 21 days
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears NEW CD US $16.66 Buy It Now 22 days
SLEEPY SUN - SPINE HITS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $11.41 Buy It Now 22 days
Sleepy Sun - Spine Hits [CD New] US $11.41 Buy It Now 23 days
SLEEPY SUN - Maui Tears - 2xLP US $38.46 Buy It Now 24 days
Spine Hits by Sleepy Sun (CD, 2012, The End) CD & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY US $4.99 Buy It Now 24 days
SLEEPY SUN Spine Hits 2012 UK 11-track promo test CD US $7.70 Buy It Now 24 days
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears [Vinyl New] US $24.48 Buy It Now 25 days
SLEEPY SUN Open Eyes EP 2009 UK 3-track promo test CD US $6.82 Buy It Now 25 days
SLEEPY SUN Embrace 2009 UK 8-trk promo test CD US $8.53 Buy It Now 25 days
SLEEPY SUN - SPINE HITS NEW VINYL US $26.12 Buy It Now 26 days
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears CD Pop Rock US $14.46 Buy It Now 27 days
Sleepy Sun - Spine Hits CD US $14.86 Buy It Now 27 days
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears LP Vinyl Record US $33.24 Buy It Now 27 days
Spine Hits [Digipak] by Sleepy Sun (CD, 2012, The End) US $8.49 Buy It Now 27 days
CLIFFSIGHT SOULFUL MAN LP COLOUR HAZE THE MACHINE SLEEPY SUN EARTHLESS US $36.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Maui Tears [Digipak] by Sleepy Sun (CD, Jan-2014, Dine Alone Music) US $13.44 Buy It Now 28 days
SLEEPY SUN-MAUI TEARS CD NEW US $13.00 Buy It Now 28 days
SLEEPY SUN - MAUI TEARS NEW CD US $17.05 Buy It Now 28 days
Maui Tears - Sleepy Sun New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $34.02 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SLEEPY SUN music online Buy SLEEPY SUN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SLEEPY SUN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SLEEPY SUN Embrace ratings distribution

SLEEPY SUN Embrace reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Before reading this review I should warn you that I´m not a psychedelic/space rock specialist. I was always a fan of fine melodies, well done arrangements and general harmonic sounds. Hence my love for symphonic rock. I was raised on a steady diet of classical music thanks to my parents taste. That said I also should point out that I love rock music since my teens and I have a need to explore new grounds in music since then. Sometimes you find great stuff, sometimes you don´t, but you have to try. I chose Sleepy´s Sun first CD to listen to because I liked their name. it sounded quite progressive.

I can´t say I enjoyed the CD too much, though. The group succesfully plays a kind of late 60´s, west cost, blues/country/rock psychedelic music mixed with some modern day garage band sound (specially the white noise, dissonant, guitar parts). It is clear they look for the vintage flavor of San Francisco´s flower Power era (fuzz guitars, sloppy vocals, nice harmonica breaks and tribal drums), with a much better production and the aforementioned new features like some distorted guitar barrages here and there). Sometimes they remind of the Big Brother & The Holding Company (without Janis Joplin, of course): a bit out of control, but energetic and promising. Brett Constantino´s vocals are annoying, but I guess they fit just right in for this style. Rachel Fannan on the other hand has a very fine voice but she is very underused here, a real shame: the few times she sings lead are best sung parts in the whole album. I initially though this group would be a kind of modern Jefferson Airplane, but clearly they are not.

If you´re into this kind of music I think it is worth to check it out. it is only their first and certainly they have the chops to make something more developed. And I hope they come up with better songs next time. The ones here did not move me enough to warrant a 3 star rating. Embrace is definitly to fans of the style and collectors.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#283956) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 29, 2010

Review by seventhsojourn
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RPI
3 stars Embrace is the debut album by Californian sextet Sleepy Sun. From the outset their heavy brand of stoner rock reminds me of Canadian band Black Mountain, thanks to the mix of slightly lethargic male and female vocals. They don't rely on keyboards the way Black Mountain do but the fuzzed-out guitars, tribal drums and heavy bass are all present. Sleepy Sun's own West Coast roots are also evident especially on the more laid-back and acoustic songs like the '60s-inspired GOLDEN ARTIFACT, while the alt-country piano ballad LORD sounds like Ryan Adams (which is just fine by me). There's an obvious religious message in this song with lyrics about finding the saviour, and similar themes run through the album as on the epic WHITE DOVE.

Highlights include the atmospheric slow-blues of SLEEPY SON that includes some fine amplified harmonica, and the psychedelic, murky NEW AGE that opens the album. There's not a great deal of melodic interest in some of the lengthy distorted guitar grunge jams, but I guess that's not the point of these pieces. Tarcisio just beat me to the first review of this album, and that review summarizes Embrace very well. For me it's somewhere between 2 and 3 stars; it gets better with repeat plays so I'll be generous and give it 3 stars.

Send comments to seventhsojourn (BETA) | Report this review (#284208) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 30, 2010

Post a review of SLEEPY SUN "Embrace"