I LOVE THE BLUES - SHE HEARD MY CRY

Someday 2:40
I Love The Blues, She Heard My Cry 5:26

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry lyrics

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry tabs

Backing Vocals - Chris Norris , Debra Fay, Donna Correa , Larry Robinson , Pat Norris , Roger Dollarhide, Janet Ferguson Hoff
Backing Vocals, Percussion [Remo Roto Toms] - Ndugu
Guitar - Lee Ritenour, George Johnson, Daryl Stuermer
Vocals, Guitar - Johnny Guitar Watson
Vocals, Synthesizer [Arp, Mutron Phasers, Moog], Piano [Electric], Clavinet - George Duke
Bass - Tom Fowler
Violin - John Wittenberg
Marimba, Gongs, Percussion - Ruth Underwood
Trombone - Bruce Fowler

LP: MPS Records 817 488-1 (Germany), MPS Records MC 25671 (US),

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Evolver for the last updates

GEORGE DUKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry Music

IllusionsIllusions
Warner Bros. 1995
George Duke: Greatest HitsGeorge Duke: Greatest Hits
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE heroes 7" b/w atlanta (a3860) pic sleeve italian epic US $9.05 Buy It Now 1h 8m
The Best Of Dance Classics JAPAN CD W/OBI Dan Hartman, Mtume, George Duke..#03-4 US $11.04 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Fall Fashions Jazz CD Bela Fleck Bob James Kenny Garrett George Duke Dr. John US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 26m
George Duke: "Thief In The Night" LP -Elektra9E160398-LP-Vinyl-VG+. Cond.:PROMO! US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 34m
George Duke Pickwick 3588 Save The Country US $7.20 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Stanley Clarke & George Duke-1981 magazine article US $8.46 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Nightcap Marilyn Scott George Duke; Lenny Castro cd 1.00 US $1.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
George Duke New Japan Cd Howard Hewett Stephanie MIlls Irene Cara US $3.25 [2 bids]
GEORGE DUKE Guess you're not one SMOOTH JAZZ EDIT & INSTRUMENTAL PROMO CD single US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
GEORGE DUKE DREAM ON WITH HYPE STICKER IN SHRINK JAZZ FUNK SOUL EX+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
GEORGE DUKE- THIEF IN THEW NIGHT- VINYL LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
THE BILLY COBHAM GEORGE DUKE BAND Live On Tour In Europe ATLANTIC FREE UK POST US $19.66 Buy It Now 3h 57m
NOS GEORGE DUKE ....... I AM FOR REAL ( MAY THE FUNK B US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Groove On CD Volume 3 Brick Rebbie Jackson Maze George Duke Marvin Gaye US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 24m
GEORGE DUKE From Me To You LP Record 1977 RARE US $14.98 Buy It Now 8h 29m
GEORGE DUKE Reach for it 1977 EX dj PROMO funk Epic 8-50463 corp sleeve LISTEN US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 45m
george duke brazilian love affair US $4.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE "Save the Country" (1978 Reissue) LP, SEALED! US $12.75 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Stanley Clarke George Duke LP The Clarke/Duke Project US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 25m
Stanley Clarke/George Duke 45 Never Judge a Cover/Sweet US $2.00 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Stanley Clarke George Duke Heroes 12" Vinyl Single 1983 From Project II US $1.99 Buy It Now 11h 42m
BLACKBYRDS Better Days FANTASY Soul Funk LP prod by George Duke 1980 US $8.98 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Excellent Vinyl - Stanley Clarke & George Duke - The Clarke Duke Project US $16.99 Buy It Now 13h 22m
Frank Zappa, Waka/Jawaka, CD, Ryko RCD 10516, great jazzy, George Duke US $29.99 Buy It Now 20h 54m
STANLEY CLARKE GEORGE DUKE clarke duke project JAPAN LP OBI 25.3P-270 kR4 US $12.99 Buy It Now 22h 32m
VERY RARE RADIO SHOW RECORD COMMANDER CODY GEORGE DUKE LP PROMO US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 56m
Stanley Clarke/George Duke - Sweet Baby - Epic 19-01052 US $1.99 Buy It Now 22h 56m
George Duke(Vinyl LP)Follow The Rainbow-Epic-EPC 88336-UK-VG/VG+ US $23.99 Buy It Now 23h 59m
GEORGE DUKE Rendezvous CD Japan 9 tracks Epic 32-8P-59 US $9.99 [0 bids]
George Duke thief in the night CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Paulinho Da Costa sunrise 1982 CD larry carlton george duke ernie watts RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke: The Way I Feel / Movin' On [Unplayed Copy] US $6.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke / George Duke - The Clarke/Duke Project (1981, Cassette) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Strictly Commercial Radio Rare Frank Zappa CD George Duke Ryko US $64.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke: Love ballad w/ picture sleeve 7" 45rpm vinyl record 5c US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE "Liberated Fantasies" JAZZ / FUNK - 1976 LP US $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke ?- I Want You For Myself / Party Down - COLOR VINYL **MINT** US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke ?- I Want You For Myself / Party Down - PROMO **MINT** US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke Epic Promo 45 Record #02701 NM Shine On US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - Fame - JAZZ FUNK SOUL 12" Promo Copy US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lazy Afternoon Regina Belle CD george duke everett hart chhhristain mcbride 399 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke Epic Fusion Funk DJ LP 1978 Dukey Stick US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Duke,George - Best Of George Duke [CD New] US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA/STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE Japan Promo Only NM 12" THE FLYER/ HEROES US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Master of the GAME EPIC LP DAFT PUNK US $8.00 [0 bids]
LP 1977 George Duke Epic JE-34483 (Radio Promo Copy) Very Nice! US $2.99 [0 bids]
George Duke: Dream On 1982 Epic records US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE "6 O'CLOCK" 12" '92 PROMO 4 MIXES! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
12"MAXI SINGLE/GEORGE DUKE/BROKEN GLASS/86,ELEKTRA/PROMO/SHRINK/EX US $1.19 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE, GEORGE DUKE // Clarke Duke / Orig 1981 US LP / Mint- in Shrink! US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
FLORA PURIM That's What She Said 1978 LP George Duke NM US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul NM! 45 STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE Never Judge A Cover By Its Book on Epic US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-A BRAZILIAN LOVE AFFAIR-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE 'THE CLARKE DUKE PROJECT' UK LP US $13.54 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-REACH FOR IT-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-RENDEZVOUS-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-DREAM ON-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-GUARDIAN OF THE LIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-DON'T LET GO-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke Rendezvous Epic 1984 Rare New Cassette Tape Warm Analog Jazz Moog US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - BRAZILIAN FUSION (664140700123) - NEW CD US $8.24 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-FOLLOW THE RAINBOW-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-FROM ME TO YOU-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Stanley Clarke / George Duke - Dulce Nena Mexican 7" Single US $9.99 [0 bids]
JEAN-LUC PONTY EXPERIENCE WITH GEORGE DUKE LP 1969 WPJ ST20168 GATEFOLD NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
BROKEN GLASS~GEORGE DUKE~WL~PROMO~ELLIS JAY~12"~SCARCE~JAZZ~DISCO US $1.49 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - LIBERATED FANTASIES LP [1976] - Vinyl - Brand New US $29.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Giving You the Best That I Got Anita Baker George Duke - CD 1988 Elektra US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Disco-Tech of Julian Jabre w/Herbie Hancock, Marvin Gaye, George Duke US $4.95 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE "Save The Country" LP, 1978, New / Sealed US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE - RENDEVOUS - JAPAN LP obi 28-3P-553 US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
V.A.Discomania Japan Import OBI Strip w/George Duke,Delegation,Third World. US $12.95 [0 bids]
This Is Jazz, Vol. 37 by George Duke (CD, Apr-1998, Epic/Legacy) Sealed. US $9.95 [0 bids]
Muir Woods Suite by George Duke (CD, Nov-1995, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - FEEL (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE~A BRAZILIAN LOVE AFFAIR~EPIC~ '79 FE-36483 JAZZ-FUNK US $0.95 [0 bids]
EX/EX- !! Street Suite/1983 CBS 2x LP Set/SOS Band/George Duke/Ramsey Lewis US $11.84 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE - Love Can Be So Cold - PROMO JAZZ FUNK 12" US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke Sealed MPS/BASF LP 1974 Fusion Funk Johnny Guitar Watson US $9.99 [0 bids]
Best of George Duke, Duke, George, New US $6.55 Buy It Now 2 days
PROMO - 12" - George Duke - Guilty - 1989 Elektra ED 5360 US $2.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE LADY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NEAR MINT 1990 US $1.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Joe Henderson Canyon Lady LP 1975 Milestone Records George Duke Luis Gasca NM US $29.79 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE -- From me to you -- 1977 LP release US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
A Brazilian Love Affair by George Duke (CD, Jan-1995, Sony Music Distribution... US $6.40 Buy It Now 2 days
George Howard-Reflections (CD 1988) Johnny Gill~George Duke~Jeff Lorber US $0.99 [0 bids]
George Duke "Faces In Reflection" Album US $2.99 [0 bids]
Reach for It by George Duke (CD, Jan-1991, Epic (USA)) US $16.49 Buy It Now 2 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY "Live In Los Angeles" LP 1969 UK ORIG SUNSET No UPC (George Duke) US $22.88 Buy It Now 2 days
DIANNE REEVES Bridges advance promo 1999 Blue Note CD Billy Childs George Duke US $4.86 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE Selections From Illusions 3-Song PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
George Duke Self Title; 1986 Elektra records, Vinyl LP US $2.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Dukey Treats by George Duke (CD, Sep-2008, Telarc Distribution) US $6.42 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE -NIGHT AFTER NIGHT-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE -SNAPSHOT-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE Clarke Duke Project LP VG+ US $10.49 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Follow the Rainbow (1979) JAPAN CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Time Will Come Hubert Laws George Duke Joe Sample (Jazz Heritage CD) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE 'SWEET BABY' US IMPORT 7" SINGLE US $3.37 Buy It Now 2 days
THE CLARKE/DUKE PROJECT - STANLEY CLARKE,GEORGE DUKE / Japan LP / OBI / 1981 US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy GEORGE DUKE music online Buy GEORGE DUKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GEORGE DUKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry ratings distribution

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars Once upon a time, George Duke was an amazingly great musician, playing with the likes of Jean-Luc Ponty, Billy Cobham and the most incredible Frank Zappa. This album is one of the few of his solos that I've heard that showcase this side of his music, as opposed to him playing that "Quiet Storm" form of bland adult contemporary jazz.

The music is an eclectic blend of hard Zappa-like fusion, softer, but not bland romantic soul fusion, blues and even a humorous Jimi Hendrix-like rock song. And all of it works, and makes this one fantastic album (I wore out 2 vinyl LPs of this before the CD finally was released).

Duke manages to capture the spirit of Zappa's instrumental music on That's What She Said, but he really gets his Zappa going on Giant Child Within Us - Ego, which feature the talents of one Ruth Underwood (as well as Bruce Fowler, who's brother Tom appears elsewhere on this album).

This is a great fusion album, and a must for the Zappaphile.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#298144) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 09, 2010

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars A slightly disappointing album that sees Duke heading in a funky directions, where vocals take on a more important role, but it's not yet at the detriment of the music. Recorded in late 74 and released the following year under a puzzling old cotton-field blues-type of cliché photo (is that an oxymoron or what?) and title, which for the longest of time fooled me into avoiding it. Getting lots of studio help from whoever was around from the Zappa entourage and the Santana crowd and others hanging around, this is still a fairly interesting album at times

If Chariot and Her Eyes are good funky-leaning tracks, I must say that the vocals turn me off a bit. Some tracks are still instrumental like the quiet Beck/Hammer-sounding Serene Sister, That's What She Said or the funky-spacey-jungle Mashavu, but the majority has vocals, including the rocking-Hendrix-ey (that means very guitar-ey) and spoof-ey Rokkinrowl track; fun stuff. I wouldn't want to overstress the vocals, as they are not too intrusive except on the totally out-of-character bluesy title track closing the album and the awful Someday just preceding it.

The flipside is certainly more prone to singing, including the ultra-funky-jazzy Prepare Yourself, but it has a fine middle section where the Miller/Johnson duo shines on bass and guitar respectively. Giant Child starts on a slightly dissonant intro, which bears little resemblance to what's been just heard, being more standard jazz, but soon jumps into the fusion fire with a horn section and strings. Don't be fooled like I was for almost two decades by the misleading artwork and title, this is still a good fusion album, which is rather pleasant until it reaches the final two tracks to become a bit of "n'importe-quoi", ruining the album's cohesiveness. Make sure you investigate previous duke albums, but this one is still likely to please progheads.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#397825) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 11, 2011

Review by J-Man
4 stars With George Duke's unfortunate passing just a few days ago, now feels like as good a time as any to revisit one of the man's finest albums, 1975's I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry. This record was released towards the end of Duke's time spent playing with Frank Zappa's band, and it's apparent that some elements of Zappa's quirky and complex fusion music had rubbed off on him by this point - although not entirely a jazz fusion observation, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry contains some tracks like "That's What She Said" and "Giant Child Within Us - Ego" that sound straight out of the Zappa playbook. Not too surprising when one considers that fellow Zappa alumni Ruth Underwood, Bruce Fowler, and Tom Fowler also participated on this album!

I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry also explores funk and soul-inspired music without ever coming across as bland (even the ballad "Someday" is fantastic!), as well as humorous hard rock on "Rokkinrowl, I Don't Know" and pure traditional blues in the title track. The title track is the only song that I could really do without; I feel that it is a rather weak way to end such a fantastic record, but blues fans may be more into the song than I am. Even taking the out-of-place title track into consideration, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry is one of the best jazz fusion albums of the classic era, and an essential pickup for all fusion enthusiasts. Rest easy, Duke!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1014322) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 08, 2013

Post a review of GEORGE DUKE "I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry"