I LOVE THE BLUES - SHE HEARD MY CRY

Someday 2:40
I Love The Blues, She Heard My Cry 5:26

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry lyrics

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry tabs

Backing Vocals - Chris Norris , Debra Fay, Donna Correa , Larry Robinson , Pat Norris , Roger Dollarhide, Janet Ferguson Hoff
Backing Vocals, Percussion [Remo Roto Toms] - Ndugu
Guitar - Lee Ritenour, George Johnson, Daryl Stuermer
Vocals, Guitar - Johnny Guitar Watson
Vocals, Synthesizer [Arp, Mutron Phasers, Moog], Piano [Electric], Clavinet - George Duke
Bass - Tom Fowler
Violin - John Wittenberg
Marimba, Gongs, Percussion - Ruth Underwood
Trombone - Bruce Fowler

LP: MPS Records 817 488-1 (Germany), MPS Records MC 25671 (US),

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Evolver for the last updates

GEORGE DUKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry Music

DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
Heads Up 2013
George Duke: Greatest HitsGeorge Duke: Greatest Hits
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
George Duke Band - The Complete 1970s Epic Album CollectionGeorge Duke Band - The Complete 1970s Epic Album Collection
Box set · Limited Edition
Sony Legacy 2012
Don't Let GoDon't Let Go
Soulmusic.Com 2013
IllusionsIllusions
Warner Bros. 1995
Giving You the Best That I Got Anita Baker George Duke - CD 1988 Elektra US $0.99 [0 bids]
LP SALE Jazz Fusion George Duke Liberated Fantasies MPS 5C 064D 99392 (Holland) US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
GEORGE DUKE ~ Shine On ~ 12" Single PS PROMO US $14.92 Buy It Now 2h 42m
George Duke - Guardian Of The Light (1983 LP 12" vinyl) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
George Duke- Muir Woods Suite(CD, Nov- 1995,Warner Bros. (USA) US $1.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - BEST OF GEORGE DUKE NEW CD US $10.45 Buy It Now 4h 4m
LOUD JAZZ LP 1988 JOHN SCOFIELD George DUKE Gramavision 18-8801-1 fusion guitar US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 7m
6693 Sweet Baby-Stanley Clarke/George Duke 45 rpm 7" single Jazz US $0.49 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE THEIF IN THE NIGHT PROMO 12" REMIX JAZZ US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 16m
GEORGE DUKE: Reach For It LP (promo stamp obc) Soul US $18.00 Buy It Now 6h 5m
GEORGE DUKE: Liberated Fantasies (soul vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 6m
GEORGE DUKE - Thief In The Night - disco funk PROMO 12" US $0.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE The Clarke/Duke Project 1981 VG++ in shrink wrap US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Everette Harp : Everette Harp CD (1992) Produced by George Duke US $0.99 [1 bids]
Snapshot by George Duke (CD, Oct-1992, Warner Bros.) LN US $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 20m
JEFFREY OSBORNE STAY WITH ME TONIGHT CD George Duke, Paulinho DaCosta US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
GEORGE DUKE DREAM ON JAPAN CD 3500yen 35.8P-8 1ST PRESS US $79.99 Buy It Now 8h 35m
DIANNE REEVES Bridges advance promo 1999 Blue Note CD Billy Childs George Duke US $0.99 [0 bids]
SEAWIND INCL WHAT CHA DOIN VINYL LP PRODUCED BY GEORGE DUKE USA NEW AND SEALED US $5.79 Buy It Now 11h 45m
GEORGE DUKE - The Aura Will Prevail 1975 JAZZ FUNK SOUL MPS BASF (LP) US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h 13m
GEORGE DUKE is love enough 12" RECORD PROMO US $10.99 Buy It Now 13h 52m
GEORGE DUKE-THIEF IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h
MPS Jazzreworks CD PROMO 2004 Cardboard Sleeve Dave Pike Set George Duke LOW 3.0 US $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 30m
GEORGE DUKE-S/T-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 31m
GEORGE DUKE-MASTER OF THE GAME-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 17h 20m
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE - CLARKE DUKE PROJECT NEW CD US $10.45 Buy It Now 18h 6m
AL JARREAU MY OLD FRIEND CELEBRATING GEORGE DUKE CD NEW US $21.40 Buy It Now 19h 16m
BOOGIE/ Stanley Clarke & George Duke - Heroes (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 19m
GEORGE DUKE - Shine On/Positive Energy - Epic Import US $12.50 Buy It Now 20h 23m
GEORGE DUKE - Shine On/Positive Energy (Import) US $20.00 Buy It Now 20h 24m
BOOGIE/ Stanley Clarke & George Duke - The Good Times (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 32m
BOOGIE/ George Duke - Celebrate (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Jean-Luc Ponty - The Jean-Luc Ponty Experience With the George Duke Trio CD *NEW US $89.99 Buy It Now 20h 45m
George Duke - Original Album Series: After Hou (NEW CD) US $23.63 Buy It Now 20h 51m
BOOGIE/ George Duke - Good Friend (WL Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 9m
BOOGIE/ George Duke - Broken Glass (WL Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 9m
GEORGE DUKE "SHINE ON" / "POSITIVE ENERGY" 7" 45 FRANK ZAPPA MEMBER JAZZ R US $2.99 Buy It Now 23h 57m
LP 1977 George Duke Epic JE-34483 (Radio Promo Copy) Very Nice! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke & George Duke - Sweet Baby 45 1981 VG+ US $1.49 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Fame w/ ULTRA RARE EDIT USA PROMO radio DJ CD single 1992 MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - BRAZILIAN FUSION NEW CD US $16.16 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE i just want to love you 7" US $11.60 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE heroes 12" 2 trk b/w atlanta (ta3860) uk epic 1983 US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
VAROUS ARTISTS "MONTREUX SUMMIT" LP BOB JAMES STEVE KHAN STAN GETZ GEORGE DUKE US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chuck Negron Joy to the World (Sin-Drome Records) Three Dog Night George Duke 3 US $9.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE Lp THE CLARKE/DUKE PROJECT 1981 Stkr US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Billy Cobham George Duke Band EX LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - THE COMPLETE 1970S EPIC ALBUMS COLLECTION [BOX] - NEW CD BOXSET US $37.25 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE ride on love 12" 2 trk in title stickered company sleeve b/w son of US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
george duke thief in the night US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED GEORGE DUKE: Self Titled LP ELEKTRA RECORDS 604801 US 1986  US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED GEORGE DUKE: Pacific Jazz LP PACIFIC JAZZ RECORDS LA891H US 1978  US $14.39 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE 45 RPM STEREO-PROMO/EVERY LITTLE STEP I TAKE/NEAR MINT/EPIC 9-50853 US $2.00 [0 bids]
PHILIP BAILEY Triumph 1986 CD RARE EARTH WIND & FIRE GEORGE DUKE US $31.95 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke Good Friend Promo 45-rpm record US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Cool by George Duke (CD, Sep-2000, Warner Bros.) US $2.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare jazz GEORGE DUKE Faces In Reflection lp ORiGiNaL U.S. pressing BASF US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY COBHAM & GEORGE DUKE BAND, THE: Live On Tour In Europe (jazz vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sonny Rollins/Nucleus (1975) Japan CD Obi George Duke Bennie Maupin US $9.99 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke-George Duke (12" single) HEROES / inst.version ~ M- r+b dance US $2.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Snapshot by George Duke (CD, Sep-1992, Warner Bros.) US $2.09 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE GUARDIAN OF THE LIGHT (1983) ORIGINAL JAPAN CD 35.8P-20 US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rendezvous [Expanded Edition] by George Duke (CD, Nov-2011, soulmusic.com) US $10.11 Buy It Now 1 day
ANITA BAKER RHYTHM OF LOVE CD George Duke, Joe Sample, Bucky Pizzarelli US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jean Luc Ponty Live at Dontes vinyl NM- george duke Blue Note LT-1102 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Billy Cobham - The Billy Cobham - George Duke Band - "Live" - On Tour I (NEW CD) US $11.19 Buy It Now 1 day
One-Night Stand Keyboard Event double lp strong NM- george duke herbie hancock US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE HEROES 1983 12" SINGLE CHEAP US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - 12" Single - GUILTY US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Thief in the Night LP NEAR MINT VINYL Original Issue US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke 5x Albums Snapshot/Illusions/Is Love Enough/After Hours/Cool CD Set US $24.88 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke "MASTER OF THE GAME" LP 1979 VG! US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lp-NAT ADDERLEY-Double Exposure-1975 Promo-George Duke US $9.99 [0 bids]
Deniece Williams CD "I'm So Proud" Bonus Tracks George Duke US $0.99 [1 bids]
GEORGE DUKE. THIEF IN THE NIGHT. PICTURE SLEEVE. ELEKTRA. 1985. JAZZ/FUNK US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke CD - Love Can Be So Cold - from album Illusions - Rare CD! US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Original Album Series: After Hours NEW CD US $19.32 Buy It Now 2 days
The Billy Cobham George Duke Band - On Tour In Europe Live - 12" Vinyl LP Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GLORIA LORING Full Moon No Hesitation LP 1988 George Duke Gotta Love Somebody US $9.97 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Master Of The Game LP - Epic - Funk Jazz VG+ US $7.50 [3 bids]
George Duke - The Aura Will Prevail LP - MPS - Funk Jazz SHRINK VG+ US $6.50 [2 bids]
George Duke - Cool [CD New] US $11.78 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Rendezvous: Expanded Edition [CD New] US $13.08 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE REACH FOR IT STEREO RECORD ALBUM WITH INSERT US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE Snapshot FOCUS TRACKS 4 Trk SAMPLER 1992 PROMO DJ CD single USA US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE - RENDEZVOUS - BONUS TRACK NEW CD US $29.14 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - George Duke LP - Elektra - Jazz US $7.32 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - George Duke LP - Elektra - Jazz US $8.48 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Night After Night LP - Elektra - Smooth Jazz US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Thief In The Night LP - Elektra - Jazz US $7.70 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke 1977 Reach For It LP Epic JE 34883 EX Soul US $1.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE 6 O'CLOCK REMIX WITH RAP PROMO vinyl 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Diane Reeves Sealed Jazz Vocal Late Vinyl LP 1988 George Duke US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
POLYRHYTHM SEALED LP - Featuring George Duke US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE - shine on b/w positive energy - EPIC - PROMO US $8.50 [4 bids]
After Hours by George Duke (CD, Sep-1998, Warner Bros.) US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Snapshot by George Duke (CD, Sep-1992, Warner Bros.) US $4.00 [0 bids]
George Duke Audiophile Pressed Vinyl Promo LP w/Original Record Sleeve-NIGHT AF US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Master Of The Game 1979 / 1995 CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE / Dream On 1982 JAPAN 1st Press CD 35 8P-8 3500Yen RARE!! US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy GEORGE DUKE music online Buy GEORGE DUKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GEORGE DUKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry ratings distribution

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars Once upon a time, George Duke was an amazingly great musician, playing with the likes of Jean-Luc Ponty, Billy Cobham and the most incredible Frank Zappa. This album is one of the few of his solos that I've heard that showcase this side of his music, as opposed to him playing that "Quiet Storm" form of bland adult contemporary jazz.

The music is an eclectic blend of hard Zappa-like fusion, softer, but not bland romantic soul fusion, blues and even a humorous Jimi Hendrix-like rock song. And all of it works, and makes this one fantastic album (I wore out 2 vinyl LPs of this before the CD finally was released).

Duke manages to capture the spirit of Zappa's instrumental music on That's What She Said, but he really gets his Zappa going on Giant Child Within Us - Ego, which feature the talents of one Ruth Underwood (as well as Bruce Fowler, who's brother Tom appears elsewhere on this album).

This is a great fusion album, and a must for the Zappaphile.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#298144) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 09, 2010

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars A slightly disappointing album that sees Duke heading in a funky directions, where vocals take on a more important role, but it's not yet at the detriment of the music. Recorded in late 74 and released the following year under a puzzling old cotton-field blues-type of cliché photo (is that an oxymoron or what?) and title, which for the longest of time fooled me into avoiding it. Getting lots of studio help from whoever was around from the Zappa entourage and the Santana crowd and others hanging around, this is still a fairly interesting album at times

If Chariot and Her Eyes are good funky-leaning tracks, I must say that the vocals turn me off a bit. Some tracks are still instrumental like the quiet Beck/Hammer-sounding Serene Sister, That's What She Said or the funky-spacey-jungle Mashavu, but the majority has vocals, including the rocking-Hendrix-ey (that means very guitar-ey) and spoof-ey Rokkinrowl track; fun stuff. I wouldn't want to overstress the vocals, as they are not too intrusive except on the totally out-of-character bluesy title track closing the album and the awful Someday just preceding it.

The flipside is certainly more prone to singing, including the ultra-funky-jazzy Prepare Yourself, but it has a fine middle section where the Miller/Johnson duo shines on bass and guitar respectively. Giant Child starts on a slightly dissonant intro, which bears little resemblance to what's been just heard, being more standard jazz, but soon jumps into the fusion fire with a horn section and strings. Don't be fooled like I was for almost two decades by the misleading artwork and title, this is still a good fusion album, which is rather pleasant until it reaches the final two tracks to become a bit of "n'importe-quoi", ruining the album's cohesiveness. Make sure you investigate previous duke albums, but this one is still likely to please progheads.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#397825) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 11, 2011

Review by J-Man
4 stars With George Duke's unfortunate passing just a few days ago, now feels like as good a time as any to revisit one of the man's finest albums, 1975's I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry. This record was released towards the end of Duke's time spent playing with Frank Zappa's band, and it's apparent that some elements of Zappa's quirky and complex fusion music had rubbed off on him by this point - although not entirely a jazz fusion observation, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry contains some tracks like "That's What She Said" and "Giant Child Within Us - Ego" that sound straight out of the Zappa playbook. Not too surprising when one considers that fellow Zappa alumni Ruth Underwood, Bruce Fowler, and Tom Fowler also participated on this album!

I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry also explores funk and soul-inspired music without ever coming across as bland (even the ballad "Someday" is fantastic!), as well as humorous hard rock on "Rokkinrowl, I Don't Know" and pure traditional blues in the title track. The title track is the only song that I could really do without; I feel that it is a rather weak way to end such a fantastic record, but blues fans may be more into the song than I am. Even taking the out-of-place title track into consideration, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry is one of the best jazz fusion albums of the classic era, and an essential pickup for all fusion enthusiasts. Rest easy, Duke!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1014322) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 08, 2013

Post a review of GEORGE DUKE "I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry"