I LOVE THE BLUES - SHE HEARD MY CRY

Someday 2:40
I Love The Blues, She Heard My Cry 5:26

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry lyrics

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry tabs

Backing Vocals - Chris Norris , Debra Fay, Donna Correa , Larry Robinson , Pat Norris , Roger Dollarhide, Janet Ferguson Hoff
Backing Vocals, Percussion [Remo Roto Toms] - Ndugu
Guitar - Lee Ritenour, George Johnson, Daryl Stuermer
Vocals, Guitar - Johnny Guitar Watson
Vocals, Synthesizer [Arp, Mutron Phasers, Moog], Piano [Electric], Clavinet - George Duke
Bass - Tom Fowler
Violin - John Wittenberg
Marimba, Gongs, Percussion - Ruth Underwood
Trombone - Bruce Fowler

LP: MPS Records 817 488-1 (Germany), MPS Records MC 25671 (US),

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Evolver for the last updates

GEORGE DUKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry Music

IllusionsIllusions
Warner Bros. 1995
Follow the RainbowFollow the Rainbow
Soulmusic Records 2011
GEORGE DUKE - DREAM ON - CD 82 - OUT OF PRINT - Great soul cd ! US $9.90 [0 bids]
George Duke - Complete 1970s Epic Albums Collection CD US $43.64 Buy It Now 4h 52m
George Duke - I Love The Blues She Heard My Cry [CD New] US $9.48 Buy It Now 6h 51m
HIROSHIMA Go LP *SEALED US Vinyl 1987 George Duke Carl Burnett Dan June Kuramoto US $27.95 Buy It Now 7h 57m
GEORGE DUKE/BILLY CO - LIVE ON TOUR IN EUROPE [LIMITED EDITION] - NEW CD US $12.55 Buy It Now 8h 14m
BILLY COBHAM GEORGE DUKE LIVE IN EUROPE JOHN SCOFIELD ALFONSO JOHNSON JON LUCIEN US $16.99 Buy It Now 9h 11m
DAVE MCMURRAY NU LIFE STORIES GEORGE DUKE MARCUS MILLER BOB JAMES KEM - NEW CD US $22.99 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Does Humor Belong in Music Frank Zappa CD George Duke Ryko US $27.95 Buy It Now 9h 42m
George Duke(Vinyl LP)Follow The Rainbow-Epic-EPC 88336-UK-VG/VG+ US $21.08 Buy It Now 10h 46m
GEORGE DUKE FROM ME TO YOU LP 1977 UK US $19.47 Buy It Now 11h 37m
GEORGE DUKE DREAM ON LP 1982 UK US $16.23 Buy It Now 11h 49m
GEORGE DUKE DON'T LET GO CD LEON NDUGU CHANCLER BYRON MYLLER CHARLES JOHNSON US $18.99 Buy It Now 12h 3m
George Duke - Dukey Stick - from album Don't Let Go - 12 inch vinyl record US $8.99 [0 bids]
NEW SEALED RECORD LP - GEORGE DUKE - FROM ME TO YOU US $6.99 Buy It Now 13h 32m
JEAN-LUC PONTY Individual Choice LP OOP early-80's jazz fusion George Duke US $2.99 Buy It Now 14h 15m
STANLEY CLARKE AND GEORGE DUKE the clarke duke project EPC84848 uk LP PS VG/EX US $14.59 Buy It Now 14h 22m
Sarah Vaughan Brazilian Romance Latin Jazz LP NM Vinyl Female Vocal George Duke US $7.96 Buy It Now 15h 30m
GEORGE DUKE - Cool - Warner Brothers CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
SADAO WATANABE Front Seat 1989 Oop & Rare Warner Pioneer CD Jazz George Duke US $50.36 Buy It Now 16h 34m
MPS 14263 - The Third Wave - George Duke - Here and now - Rare WLP - NM US $99.00 Buy It Now 18h 31m
GEORGE DUKE - From Me to You LP 1977 VG+ Jazz PE 34469 US $7.22 Buy It Now 18h 58m
GEORGE DUKE - Liberated Fantasies LP 1976 VG++ Jazz G 22835 US $8.12 Buy It Now 19h 17m
GEORGE HOWARD reflections LP Mint- MCA-42145 USA Jazz Soul 1988 George Duke US $9.60 Buy It Now 19h 50m
GEORGE DUKE - Straight From The Heart - JAZZ DISCO 12" US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 49m
STANLEY CLARKE GEORGE DUKE THE CLARKE DUKE PROJECT JAPAN CD OBI 1800yen ESCA 1ST US $59.99 Buy It Now 22h 6m
SONNY ROLLINS - Easy Living ~ MILESTONE 9080 {nm} *1977* w/George Duke, Williams US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 34m
Snapshot by George Duke (CD, Sep-1992, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 Buy It Now 22h 59m
STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE Lp THE CLARKE/DUKE PROJECT 1981 Stkr US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER MAGADINI POLYRHYTHM~ORIG 1975 BRIKO LP~SHRINK~GEORGE DUKE~MENZA~FUSION US $15.00 [0 bids]
PETER MAGADINI POLYRHYTHM~ORIG 1975 BRIKO LP~GEORGE DUKE~MENZA~FREE FUSION JAZZ US $20.00 [0 bids]
George Duke - George Duke - Elektra ?- 960 480-1 - LP Vinyl Record US $32.44 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Love Mission - Elektra - 1985 #127041 US $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-SUPER KEYBOARDS Greatest Hits JAPAN LP w/OBI 25.3P-475 US $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A.Discomania Japan Import OBI Strip w/George Duke,Delegation,Third World. US $12.95 [0 bids]
This Is Jazz, Vol. 37 by George Duke (CD, Apr-1998, Epic/Legacy) Sealed. US $9.95 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE Celebrate b/w Celebrate (Instrumental) STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - THEIF IN THE NIGHT - LP - ELEKTRA 1985 - US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN BROMBERG "DOWNRIGHT UPRIGHT" 2007 CD* NM* GEORGE DUKE* LEE RITENOUR US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke & George Duke - The Clarke/Duke Project II Japan CD w/ OBI Two US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Life And Times - Warner Bros #145005 US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE - Touch and Go - FUNK SOUL 45 - Epic Promo US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Giving You the Best That I Got Anita Baker George Duke - CD 1988 Elektra US $0.99 [0 bids]
George Duke "Night After Night" Jazz / Funk cassette tape Brand NEW SEALED US $2.19 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE follow the rainbow LP VG+ JE 35701 Vinyl 1979 Record US $7.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Back To Old School 2008 Sampler 45 RPM Record John Pizzarelli + George Duke US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Al Jarreau - My Old Friend -Celebrating George Duke(CD 2014) -Marcus Miller US $6.74 [12 bids]
George Duke - Duke [CD New] US $16.75 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE : CLARK / DUKE PROJECT (FE36918) - RARITIES US $6.99 [0 bids]
Jean-Luc Ponty Experience George Duke Trio CD Thee Experience 321 017372 US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Thief in the Night by George Duke [Import] CD (2014) Brand New Ships Worldwide US $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE, I LOVE THE BLUES, SHE HEARD MY CRY, VINYL LP 1975 MPS MC-25671 US $16.99 [0 bids]
FRANCE JOLI - Does He Dance-SYNTH POP 12" GEORGE DUKE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - Is Love Enough? - JAZZDANCE HOUSE 12" US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke Don't Let Go vinyl LP 1978 US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Cool RARE OUT OF PRINT CD Chante Moore Flora Purim Perri US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Unmitigated Audacity Frank- Zappa CD George Duke Don Preston US $14.99 [0 bids]
George Duke - Night After Night (CD 1989) US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke Vs E-Sil - Brazilian Love Affair #195302 US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - DEJA VU NEW CD US $15.70 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - DREAM ON - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $28.31 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke : Cool CD (2000) US $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke Thief In The Night Promo LP NM US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - COMPLETE 1970S EPIC ALBUMS COLLECTION (LTD) NEW CD US $53.89 Buy It Now 1 day
EDDIE HENDERSON Sunburst Bennie Maupin George Duke LP US $34.97 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE - FOLLOW THE RAINBOW - CD 79 - JAPAN CD - OBI STRIP US $9.90 [0 bids]
JEAN-LUC PONTY EXPERIENCE w/GEORGE DUKE - LP 1969 1st US ORIG World Pacific Jazz US $24.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Major Road Ahead-Various inclds George Duke + Free UK post US $17.20 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke The Inner Source US $330.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LOUD JAZZ LP 1988 JOHN SCOFIELD George DUKE GRAMAVISION 18-8801-1 fusion guitar US $10.00 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - CD - COOL US $11.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Billy Cobham/George Duke Band - In Europe (NEW CD) US $10.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Stanley Clarke/George Duke "Trip you In Love/The Good Times" 12"mix PROMO Stereo US $3.47 Buy It Now 2 days
The Disco-Tech of Julian Jabre w/Herbie Hancock, Marvin Gaye, George Duke US $4.95 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS Amandla promo George Duke jazz Lp US $9.26 [0 bids]
Dukey Treats - George Duke New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $14.61 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - After Hours (CD, 1998) very good condition US $6.19 Buy It Now 2 days
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE PROJECT II EPIC JAZZ LP RECORD 1983 NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE: Straight From The Heart (soul vinyl 12) US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE Night after night US $17.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Frank Zappa Mothers Roxy & Elsewhere Ryco George Duke US $1.29 [2 bids]
BILLY COBHAM / GEORGE DUKE BAND : LIVE ON TOUR IN EUROPE (18194) - RARITIES US $4.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE : REACH FOR IT (JE34883) - RARITIES US $4.49 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE: Follow The Rainbow LP (inner, promo stamp obc) Soul US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
2-SIDED JAZZ WHITE PROMO/45/STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE/"TOUCH & GO"/1981 US $4.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE "GOOD FRIEND" 45 PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STANLEY CLARKE GEORGE DUKE THE CLARKE/DUKE PROJECT EPIC RECORDS VG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE Japan 1985 Promo NM LP THIEF IN THE NIGHT US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Electric Connection Jean-Luc Ponty CD George Duke US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
042281748820 I Love the Blues by George Duke (1990) - FAST POST CD US $19.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Cannonball Adderley - Cannon Re-Loaded - SEALED U.S. cd - Tom Scott George Duke US $7.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Japan CD THE JEAN-LUC PONTY Experience with The GEORGE DUKE Trio 24bit Mastering US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE - FROM ME TO YOU LP - VG+ JAZZ FUNK 1977 US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CBS Records-1979 Jazz Promo LP SET-individuals-George Duke-Hilary-Herbie Hancock US $20.00 [0 bids]
101 North - Forever Yours - George Duke Everette Harp U.S. cd - RARE! US $19.98 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke-A Brazilian Love Affair-LP (1980) CBS Vinyl RECORD US $7.95 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke / George Duke - The Clarke / Duke Project NM/EX- LP LISTEN NOW US $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GEORGE DUKE thief in the night LP 9 track with innerbut sleeve has stickers on f US $8.10 Buy It Now 3 days
Stanley Clarke George Duke The Clarke Duke Project Japan Blu-Spec CD Brand New US $44.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Gloria Loring CD Full Moon No Hesitation George Duke Bobby Caldwell US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Old Friend: Celebrating George Duke by Al Jarreau : Format: Audio CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy GEORGE DUKE music online Buy GEORGE DUKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GEORGE DUKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry ratings distribution

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars Once upon a time, George Duke was an amazingly great musician, playing with the likes of Jean-Luc Ponty, Billy Cobham and the most incredible Frank Zappa. This album is one of the few of his solos that I've heard that showcase this side of his music, as opposed to him playing that "Quiet Storm" form of bland adult contemporary jazz.

The music is an eclectic blend of hard Zappa-like fusion, softer, but not bland romantic soul fusion, blues and even a humorous Jimi Hendrix-like rock song. And all of it works, and makes this one fantastic album (I wore out 2 vinyl LPs of this before the CD finally was released).

Duke manages to capture the spirit of Zappa's instrumental music on That's What She Said, but he really gets his Zappa going on Giant Child Within Us - Ego, which feature the talents of one Ruth Underwood (as well as Bruce Fowler, who's brother Tom appears elsewhere on this album).

This is a great fusion album, and a must for the Zappaphile.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#298144) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 09, 2010

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars A slightly disappointing album that sees Duke heading in a funky directions, where vocals take on a more important role, but it's not yet at the detriment of the music. Recorded in late 74 and released the following year under a puzzling old cotton-field blues-type of cliché photo (is that an oxymoron or what?) and title, which for the longest of time fooled me into avoiding it. Getting lots of studio help from whoever was around from the Zappa entourage and the Santana crowd and others hanging around, this is still a fairly interesting album at times

If Chariot and Her Eyes are good funky-leaning tracks, I must say that the vocals turn me off a bit. Some tracks are still instrumental like the quiet Beck/Hammer-sounding Serene Sister, That's What She Said or the funky-spacey-jungle Mashavu, but the majority has vocals, including the rocking-Hendrix-ey (that means very guitar-ey) and spoof-ey Rokkinrowl track; fun stuff. I wouldn't want to overstress the vocals, as they are not too intrusive except on the totally out-of-character bluesy title track closing the album and the awful Someday just preceding it.

The flipside is certainly more prone to singing, including the ultra-funky-jazzy Prepare Yourself, but it has a fine middle section where the Miller/Johnson duo shines on bass and guitar respectively. Giant Child starts on a slightly dissonant intro, which bears little resemblance to what's been just heard, being more standard jazz, but soon jumps into the fusion fire with a horn section and strings. Don't be fooled like I was for almost two decades by the misleading artwork and title, this is still a good fusion album, which is rather pleasant until it reaches the final two tracks to become a bit of "n'importe-quoi", ruining the album's cohesiveness. Make sure you investigate previous duke albums, but this one is still likely to please progheads.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#397825) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 11, 2011

Review by J-Man
4 stars With George Duke's unfortunate passing just a few days ago, now feels like as good a time as any to revisit one of the man's finest albums, 1975's I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry. This record was released towards the end of Duke's time spent playing with Frank Zappa's band, and it's apparent that some elements of Zappa's quirky and complex fusion music had rubbed off on him by this point - although not entirely a jazz fusion observation, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry contains some tracks like "That's What She Said" and "Giant Child Within Us - Ego" that sound straight out of the Zappa playbook. Not too surprising when one considers that fellow Zappa alumni Ruth Underwood, Bruce Fowler, and Tom Fowler also participated on this album!

I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry also explores funk and soul-inspired music without ever coming across as bland (even the ballad "Someday" is fantastic!), as well as humorous hard rock on "Rokkinrowl, I Don't Know" and pure traditional blues in the title track. The title track is the only song that I could really do without; I feel that it is a rather weak way to end such a fantastic record, but blues fans may be more into the song than I am. Even taking the out-of-place title track into consideration, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry is one of the best jazz fusion albums of the classic era, and an essential pickup for all fusion enthusiasts. Rest easy, Duke!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1014322) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 08, 2013

Post a review of GEORGE DUKE "I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry"