I LOVE THE BLUES - SHE HEARD MY CRY

Someday 2:40
I Love The Blues, She Heard My Cry 5:26

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry lyrics

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry tabs

Backing Vocals - Chris Norris , Debra Fay, Donna Correa , Larry Robinson , Pat Norris , Roger Dollarhide, Janet Ferguson Hoff
Backing Vocals, Percussion [Remo Roto Toms] - Ndugu
Guitar - Lee Ritenour, George Johnson, Daryl Stuermer
Vocals, Guitar - Johnny Guitar Watson
Vocals, Synthesizer [Arp, Mutron Phasers, Moog], Piano [Electric], Clavinet - George Duke
Bass - Tom Fowler
Violin - John Wittenberg
Marimba, Gongs, Percussion - Ruth Underwood
Trombone - Bruce Fowler

LP: MPS Records 817 488-1 (Germany), MPS Records MC 25671 (US),

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Evolver for the last updates

GEORGE DUKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry Music

IllusionsIllusions
Warner Bros. 1995
George Duke: Greatest HitsGeorge Duke: Greatest Hits
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
Feel - George Duke New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $14.61 Buy It Now 55m 40s
Definitive Jazz Funk Mastercuts Volume 2 CD 1991 IMPORT ENGLAND George Duke US $18.96 Buy It Now 1h 51m
GEORGE DUKE - I Surrender - Excellent Con 7" Single US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 15m
George Duke Elektra Promo 33 1/3 LP Record #5062 NM Love Mission US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
EXC LP~GEORGE DUKE~From Me To You~[Original 1977 EPIC Issue]~ US $2.97 [0 bids]
Lp-NAT ADDERLEY-Double Exposure-1975 Promo-George Duke US $9.99 [0 bids]
George Duke 101 NORTH 3 TRK Sampler 1991 USA PROMO Radio DJ CD single US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h
TANIA MARIA Lady From BRAZIL George Duke LATIN RECORD US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
George Duke Rendezvous Epic 1984 Rare New Cassette Tape Warm Analog Jazz Moog US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
HIROSHIMA "GO" FE 40679 (1987) 12" LP :: EX/EX JAPANESE JAZZ FUSION GEORGE DUKE US $5.58 Buy It Now 3h 51m
GEORGE DUKE guilty + part 2, 12" RECORD PROMO 1989 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Soul Promo 45 GEORGE DUKE Born To Love You on Epic (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Soul Promo NM! 45 GEORGE DUKE Secret Rendezous on Epic (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 51m
GEORGE DUKE**DEJA VU**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 4h 52m
GEORGE DUKE**DUKEY TREATS**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Illusions by George Duke (CD, Jan-1995, Warner Bros.) US $3.00 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE save the country LP VG+ LST 11004 Vinyl Record US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Sealed !! GEORGE DUKE & FEEL 1974 Japan CD OBI Limited OOP Remaster PROA-151 US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
ALPHONSO JOHNSON - MOONSHADOWS 1976 Japan CD w/OBI oop ESCA5740 George Duke US $58.00 Buy It Now 6h 43m
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE mothership connection 12" Mint- 49 73553 Vinyl US $8.25 Buy It Now 7h
GEORGE DUKE night after night LP Mint- Promo 60778-1 Audiophile WLP 1989 US $18.75 Buy It Now 7h
Terrific Urban Jazz Funk THE BRECKER BROTHERS Detente LP ARISTA 1980 George Duke US $15.00 Buy It Now 7h 20m
GEORGE DUKE: Straight From The Heart / Pluck (soul vinyl 12) US $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 49m
The Complete 1970s Epic Albums Collection [Box] by George Duke (CD,... US $37.28 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Cool by George Duke (CD, Sep-2000, Warner Bros.) US $9.62 Buy It Now 8h 28m
After Hours by George Duke (CD, Sep-1998, Warner Bros.) US $11.07 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Faces in Reflection [Digipak] by George Duke (CD, Jul-2008, Verve) US $6.85 Buy It Now 8h 30m
Feel [Digipak] by George Duke (CD, 2008, Verve) US $6.54 Buy It Now 8h 30m
George Duke Lot of 2 LPS Thief in The Night & Liberated Fantasies NM LPS F US $3.99 [0 bids]
JEAN LUC PONTY electric connection LP VG+ ST 20156 Stereo 1969 US w/George Duke US $11.25 Buy It Now 9h 22m
GEORGE DUKE GUARDIAN OF THE LIGHT JAPAN CD OBI 35.8P US $129.99 Buy It Now 9h 36m
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE The Clarke/Duke Project LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
12"MAXI EP/GEORGE DUKE/BROKEN GLASS/86,ELEKTRA/PROMO/SHRINK/EX US $1.49 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE LP Follow The Rainbow EPIC soul jazz disco funk VG+ US $8.00 [0 bids]
SONNY ROLLINS Nucleus SEALED original MAUPIN George Duke MTUME Chuck Rainey NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Horst Jankowski, Dave Pike, George Duke, Don Menza - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 17h 4m
Dee Dee Bridgewater - Bad For Me 1979 Japan CD w/OBI Remastered George Duke US $37.88 Buy It Now 19h 46m
George Duke, George Duke, George, Illusions Audio CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 56m
GEORGE DUKE-Self-Titled/R&B/Jazz/KEYBOARDS/Marin City,CA.guitar/DRUMS/Bass/TAPE US $3.49 Buy It Now 21h 48m
GEORGE DUKE - I LOVE THE BLUES SHE HEARD ME CRY (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.34 Buy It Now 22h 46m
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE-THE CLARKE / DUKE PROJECT-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $21.99 Buy It Now 23h 9m
Larry Graham "Sooner or later" Sealed Soul R&B Disco George Duke Vinyl LP US $7.00 Buy It Now 23h 41m
George Duke - Rendezvous ~ Expanded Edition - SMCR5032 US $15.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Jazz Promo 45 STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE Heroes on Epic (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JEAN-LUC PONTY with GEORGE DUKE Live in Los Angeles John Heard Dick Berk UK LP US $14.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Apostrophe Frank Zappa CD George Duke Ryko Jack Bruce Jean Luc Ponty US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Duke/Cobham - George Duke & Billy Cobham [CD New] US $10.92 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - ULTIMATE GEORGE DUKE NEW CD US $23.29 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE - The Clarke/Duke Project (Cassette 1981) FUNK JAZZ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE RECORD, DREAM ON US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BILLY COBHAM, GEORGE DUKE BAND-LIVE-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES Five Complete Albums BOX SET New 5 CD US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clark/George Duke" Sweet Baby/Never Judge a book by its cover"45 record US $2.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NM 12"~GEORGE DUKE~Celebrate~[5:55]~Instrumental Version~[3:54]~1983~BOOGIE FUNK US $2.97 [0 bids]
George Duke, Dream on Audio CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 1 day
SEAWIND self titled s/t Lp RECORD 1980 GEORGE DUKE SEA WIND US $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THE STANLEY CLARKE AND GEORGE DUKE PROJECT Lp RECORD JAZZ ROCK US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chuck Negron Joy to the World (Sin-Drome Records) Three Dog Night George Duke 3 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Soul 45 GEORGE DUKE Dukey Stick (Part One) on Epic US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul Promo 45 GEORGE DUKE Reach Out (part 1) on Epic (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul NM! 45 GEORGE DUKE I Am For Real (May The Funk Be With You) on Epic US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE liberated fantasties ~ FUNK on BASF vinyl SEALED lp jazz SAMPLES US $9.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - DUKEY TREATS NEW CD US $16.34 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke " Reach For It" 1977 Epic JE 34883 Stereo LP VG++NM-/VG++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Duke,George - Ultimate George Duke [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 1 day
STEPHANIE MILLS S/T CD 1985 / GEORGE DUKE US $34.99 [0 bids]
BILLY COBHAM GEORGE DUKE Live On Tour Europe LP Vinyl VG+ 1976 SD 19194 Atlantic US $9.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE "Don't Let Go" CD Japan w OBI 2008 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE GEORGE DUKE SWEET BABY EPIC RECORDS 19-01052 PROMO NRMT ^ US $2.99 [0 bids]
VG++ GEORGE DUKE GUILTY 1989 45 RPM ELEKTRA 7-69315 PROMO COPY US $3.98 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE master of the game LP VG JE 36263 Vinyl 1979 Record US $6.75 Buy It Now 1 day
CD/Japan- STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE Clarke Duke Project w/OBI RARE EARLY 1991 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD/Japan- STANLEY CLARKE East River Drive w/OBI RARE ORIGINAL 1993 - GEORGE DUKE US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke & Feel LP-Ex Mothers-W/F.Purim,Ndugu,Airto,Obdewl'l X & J.Heard HOLL US $18.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - Thief in the Night - PROMO DISCO JAZZ 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Three Originals by George Duke (CD, Nov-1993, 2 Discs, Verve) US $19.99 [0 bids]
ANITA BAKER / RHYTHM OF LOVE Japan CD w/OBI, JOE SAMPLE,NATHAN EAST,GEORGE DUKE US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD: Faces in Reflection - George Duke - Sealed US $15.06 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - FACES IN REFLECTION (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Sealed! GEORGE DUKE Follow The Rainbow JAPAN CD ESCA-7884 US $56.55 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Dukey Treats CD US $13.89 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - I Love The Blues She Heard My Cry CD US $14.08 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Deja Vu CD US $13.89 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Dreamweaver CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Best Of George Duke CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY COBHAM / GEORGE DUKE - LIVE ON TOUR IN EUROPE NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - ESSENTIAL GEOREG DUKE NEW CD US $22.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Handel's Messiah: A Soulful Celebration, Al Jarreau, Take 6, George Duke,, New US $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Illusions 1995 Cassette Jazz US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Master Of The Game - Expanded (NEW CD) US $16.53 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke-Faces In Reflection-MPS 22018-NICE US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Dream On - Expanded Edition (NEW CD) US $16.53 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Rendezvous CD Japan 9 tracks Epic 32-8P-59 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Don't Let Go by George Duke (CD, Oct-1990, Legacy) US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE/thief in the night/sealed 1985 lp US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Master Of The Game ~ Expanded Edition - SMCR5030 US $15.43 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy GEORGE DUKE music online Buy GEORGE DUKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GEORGE DUKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry ratings distribution

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars Once upon a time, George Duke was an amazingly great musician, playing with the likes of Jean-Luc Ponty, Billy Cobham and the most incredible Frank Zappa. This album is one of the few of his solos that I've heard that showcase this side of his music, as opposed to him playing that "Quiet Storm" form of bland adult contemporary jazz.

The music is an eclectic blend of hard Zappa-like fusion, softer, but not bland romantic soul fusion, blues and even a humorous Jimi Hendrix-like rock song. And all of it works, and makes this one fantastic album (I wore out 2 vinyl LPs of this before the CD finally was released).

Duke manages to capture the spirit of Zappa's instrumental music on That's What She Said, but he really gets his Zappa going on Giant Child Within Us - Ego, which feature the talents of one Ruth Underwood (as well as Bruce Fowler, who's brother Tom appears elsewhere on this album).

This is a great fusion album, and a must for the Zappaphile.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#298144) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 09, 2010

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars A slightly disappointing album that sees Duke heading in a funky directions, where vocals take on a more important role, but it's not yet at the detriment of the music. Recorded in late 74 and released the following year under a puzzling old cotton-field blues-type of cliché photo (is that an oxymoron or what?) and title, which for the longest of time fooled me into avoiding it. Getting lots of studio help from whoever was around from the Zappa entourage and the Santana crowd and others hanging around, this is still a fairly interesting album at times

If Chariot and Her Eyes are good funky-leaning tracks, I must say that the vocals turn me off a bit. Some tracks are still instrumental like the quiet Beck/Hammer-sounding Serene Sister, That's What She Said or the funky-spacey-jungle Mashavu, but the majority has vocals, including the rocking-Hendrix-ey (that means very guitar-ey) and spoof-ey Rokkinrowl track; fun stuff. I wouldn't want to overstress the vocals, as they are not too intrusive except on the totally out-of-character bluesy title track closing the album and the awful Someday just preceding it.

The flipside is certainly more prone to singing, including the ultra-funky-jazzy Prepare Yourself, but it has a fine middle section where the Miller/Johnson duo shines on bass and guitar respectively. Giant Child starts on a slightly dissonant intro, which bears little resemblance to what's been just heard, being more standard jazz, but soon jumps into the fusion fire with a horn section and strings. Don't be fooled like I was for almost two decades by the misleading artwork and title, this is still a good fusion album, which is rather pleasant until it reaches the final two tracks to become a bit of "n'importe-quoi", ruining the album's cohesiveness. Make sure you investigate previous duke albums, but this one is still likely to please progheads.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#397825) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 11, 2011

Review by J-Man
4 stars With George Duke's unfortunate passing just a few days ago, now feels like as good a time as any to revisit one of the man's finest albums, 1975's I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry. This record was released towards the end of Duke's time spent playing with Frank Zappa's band, and it's apparent that some elements of Zappa's quirky and complex fusion music had rubbed off on him by this point - although not entirely a jazz fusion observation, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry contains some tracks like "That's What She Said" and "Giant Child Within Us - Ego" that sound straight out of the Zappa playbook. Not too surprising when one considers that fellow Zappa alumni Ruth Underwood, Bruce Fowler, and Tom Fowler also participated on this album!

I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry also explores funk and soul-inspired music without ever coming across as bland (even the ballad "Someday" is fantastic!), as well as humorous hard rock on "Rokkinrowl, I Don't Know" and pure traditional blues in the title track. The title track is the only song that I could really do without; I feel that it is a rather weak way to end such a fantastic record, but blues fans may be more into the song than I am. Even taking the out-of-place title track into consideration, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry is one of the best jazz fusion albums of the classic era, and an essential pickup for all fusion enthusiasts. Rest easy, Duke!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1014322) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 08, 2013

Post a review of GEORGE DUKE "I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry"