I LOVE THE BLUES - SHE HEARD MY CRY

Someday 2:40
I Love The Blues, She Heard My Cry 5:26

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry lyrics

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry tabs

Backing Vocals - Chris Norris , Debra Fay, Donna Correa , Larry Robinson , Pat Norris , Roger Dollarhide, Janet Ferguson Hoff
Backing Vocals, Percussion [Remo Roto Toms] - Ndugu
Guitar - Lee Ritenour, George Johnson, Daryl Stuermer
Vocals, Guitar - Johnny Guitar Watson
Vocals, Synthesizer [Arp, Mutron Phasers, Moog], Piano [Electric], Clavinet - George Duke
Bass - Tom Fowler
Violin - John Wittenberg
Marimba, Gongs, Percussion - Ruth Underwood
Trombone - Bruce Fowler

LP: MPS Records 817 488-1 (Germany), MPS Records MC 25671 (US),

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Evolver for the last updates

GEORGE DUKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry Music

DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
Heads Up 2013
George Duke: Greatest HitsGeorge Duke: Greatest Hits
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
SnapshotSnapshot
Warner Jazz 2012
GEORGE DUKE-REACH FOR IT-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 52m 33s
GEORGE DUKE-RENDEZVOUS-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1h 19m
GEORGE DUKE-GUARDIAN OF THE LIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 2h 27m
GEORGE DUKE-DREAM ON-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 2h 29m
GEORGE DUKE-DON'T LET GO-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 2h 31m
GEORGE DUKE cd NIGHT after NIGHT Jean-Luc Ponty Sembello Anita Baker Marc Russo US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
GEORGE DUKE-FOLLOW THE RAINBOW-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 3h 53m
GEORGE DUKE-FROM ME TO YOU-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 3h 55m
A TASTE OF HONEY - Twice as Sweet 1980 DISCO FUNK SOUL George Duke w/ Inner US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
GEORGE DUKE - DUKEY TREATS - NEW CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 5h
George Duke - Duke - 2013 (NEW CD) US $16.66 Buy It Now 5h 45m
GEORGE DUKE Pluck b/w Straight From The Heart STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Cool by George Duke CD Sept 2000 Warner Bros Wake Up Smell the Coffee Marin City US $1.50 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE DON"T LET GO 12 inch vinyl 33LP Album 1978 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Soul Promo 45 GEORGE DUKE Reach For It on Epic (Promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 50m
George Duke - Follow The Rainbow - Expanded (NEW CD) US $16.66 Buy It Now 6h 55m
GEORGE DUKE: Dream On (soul vinyl LP) promo stamp obc, inner, sl cw US $15.00 Buy It Now 7h 28m
GEORGE DUKE feel LP Mint- MC 25355 BASF MPS Jazz USA 1974 Record US $18.75 Buy It Now 8h 26m
George Duke ?- Broken Glass (Promo) US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 36m
George Duke - Follow The Rainbow ~ Expanded NEW CD US $13.12 Buy It Now 8h 45m
George Duke Liberated Fantasies MPS 5C 064D 99392 Promo US $14.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - DREAMWEAVER [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $15.27 Buy It Now 8h 59m
GEORGE DUKE~A BRAZILIAN LOVE AFFAIR~EPIC~ '79 FE-36483 JAZZ-FUNK US $0.95 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE: Chariot 45 (wol) Soul US $18.00 Buy It Now 10h 20m
George Duke - Night After Night lp In Shrink 60778-1 US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 23m
Dream On by George Duke [Vinyl VG+ | Cover VG++] US $6.89 Buy It Now 10h 36m
TEENA MARIE - CONGO SQUARE - FAITH EVANS, GEORGE DUKE, SHIRLEY MURDOCK, HOWARD H US $0.98 [1 bids]
Illusions by George Duke (CD, Jan-1995, Warner Bros.) US $3.00 [0 bids]
NM 1985 Heavenly Kid strk LP . George Duke / Mickey Thomas US $13.00 Buy It Now 12h 45m
Master of the Game by George Duke (CD, May-1995, Columbia (USA)) US $4.00 [1 bids]
Flora Purim Open Your Eyes You Can Fly LP VG+/EX George Duke Airto US $4.50 Buy It Now 13h 28m
George Duke - "Faces In Reflection" LP 1974 US MPS Records MC 22018 Capricorn NM US $15.99 Buy It Now 14h 22m
GEORGE DUKE - THE ESSENTIAL GEORGE DUKE [REMASTER] - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.49 Buy It Now 14h 38m
George Duke Illusions CD US $8.99 [0 bids]
George Duke : A Brazilian Love Affair CD US $7.85 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Piquantique Frank Zappa CD George Duke Sweden 1973 Ruth Underwood Live US $49.99 Buy It Now 15h 20m
GEORGE DUKE: Guardian Of The Light LP EPIC RECORDS FE38513 US 1983 Gatefold NM US $11.69 Buy It Now 15h 44m
GEORGE DUKE "I LOVE THE BLUES, SHE HEARD MY CRY" LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h
George Duke - Thief in the Night LP NEAR MINT VINYL Original Issue US $9.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE HOWARD Reflections LP NM-! MCA 1988 Stanley Clarke/George Duke US $11.24 Buy It Now 17h 35m
GEORGE DUKE - DREAM ON [EXPANDED EDITION] - NEW CD US $13.30 Buy It Now 19h 4m
GEORGE DUKE Dont Let Go LP VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE -SNAPSHOT-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 12m
GEORGE DUKE -NIGHT AFTER NIGHT-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 12m
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE The Clarke/Duke Project LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
NM 12"~GEORGE DUKE~Guilty~[3:45]~Part 2~[2:42]~[1989 ELEKTRA White Label Promo] US $2.49 [0 bids]
George Duke "DUKE" Jazz Brand New Factory Sealed Rare 2 disc CD US $44.99 Buy It Now 21h 36m
George Duke- Reach For It- new/sealed 8 Track tape US $8.00 Buy It Now 22h 50m
GEORGE DUKE - STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART 12" RED VINYL PROMO US PRESS (ZAPPA, DAVIS US $16.88 Buy It Now 23h 52m
George Duke - Illusions (R) (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke/George Duke "Heroes" 12" Single PROMO US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Straight From The Heart 12" M- Pluck Promo Red Colored Vinyl AS-595 US $14.36 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE/STANLEY - THE CLARKE/DUKE PROJECT, VOLS. 1-3 - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.56 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE SAVE THE COUNTRY JAPAN CD Out Of Print US $35.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Giving You the Best That I Got Anita Baker George Duke - CD 1988 Elektra US $0.99 [0 bids]
George Duke(Vinyl LP)Rendezvous-Epic-EPC 26059-UK-Ex/NM US $18.48 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE: Save The Country (jazz vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHEL POLNAREFF....IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE (GEORGE DUKE SONG)...1976 .....CAN HEAR US $0.99 [0 bids]
BILLY COBHAM GEORGE DUKE Live On Tour Europe LP Vinyl VG+ 1976 SD 19194 Atlantic US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke, Reach For It, LP, NM/EX Condition - 1977 US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke George Duke Pacific Jazz PJ-LA 891 US $5.00 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - the aura will prevail - VERVE 821 837 SEALED! US $7.99 [1 bids]
GEORGE DUKE don't let go US ORIGIANL LP RECORD jazz funk VG++ US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE feel MPS US ORIGINAL LP BASF MC25355 MASTERDISK G.K. jazz VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE from me to you US ORIGINAL LP jazz VG++ US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE i love the blues heard my cry MPS BASF US ORIGINAL LP jazz STERLING US $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE Lady RARE USA PROMO Radio DJ CD single SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - I LOVE THE BLUES, SHE HEARD MY CRY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Jean-Luc Ponty w/George Duke Trio LP Live in Los Angeles Sunset 50232 UK US $7.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Chuck Negron Joy to the World (Sin-Drome Records) Three Dog Night George Duke 3 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Carroll Thompson Black Echoes Cover 24 April 1982 Frankie Beverley George Duke US $12.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Correa on Black Music Magazine Cover May 1978 Candi Staton George Duke US $25.65 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke "Don't Let Go" 1978 Epic JE 35366 Stereo LP VG++NM-/VG++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
George Duke " Reach For It" 1977 Epic JE 34883 Stereo LP VG++NM-/VG++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Billy Cobman/George Duke Band "Live" On Tour In Europe Vinyl LP Record Album US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEPHANIE MILLS S/T CD 1985 / GEORGE DUKE US $34.99 [0 bids]
FLORA PURIM - That's What She Said PROMO 1978 Airto George Duke Ernie Watts US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - COOL [GEORGE DUKE] - NEW CD US $12.48 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - RENDEZVOUS - BONUS TRACK NEW CD US $25.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Cool by George Duke (CD, Sep-2000, Warner Bros.) NEW / SEALED US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Feel LP MC 25355 Jazz US $2.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE GEORGE DUKE SWEET BABY EPIC RECORDS 19-01052 PROMO NRMT ^ US $2.99 [0 bids]
George Duke - 6CD Box Set - The Complete 1970's Epic Album Collection - New Copy US $19.22 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE "GOOD FRIEND/AFRICAN VIOLET" 1986 HEAR!! US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JEFFREY OSBORNE STAY WITH ME TONIGHT CD George Duke, Paulinho DaCosta US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Live: on Tour in Europe by The Billy Cobham - George Duke band [Vinyl VG / VG] US $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - DREAMWEAVER [GEORGE DUKE] - NEW CD US $38.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Jazz Moods: 'Round Midnight - George Duke (CD 2004) US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Is Love Enough? - George Duke (CD 1997) US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits - George Duke (CD 1996) US $5.60 Buy It Now 1 day
3 BY STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE CD (1990/SONY MUSIC/(USA)-GREAT CONDITION US $4.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE For Love / Fools ( I Come Your Friend) MPS 15614 SOUL FUNK 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE LP LIBERATED FANTASIES BASF MPS US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GLADYS KNIGHT-Of And(THE PIPS)Dionne Warwick-PATTI LABELLE-George Duke-GUY MOON US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE FEEL JAPAN MADE CD NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE PROA-151 US $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke & Feel LP-Ex Mothers-W/F.Purim,Ndugu,Airto,Obdewl'l X & J.Heard HOLL US $18.99 [0 bids]
Three Originals by George Duke (CD, Nov-1993, 2 Discs, Verve) US $24.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE-THIEF IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Theif In The Night - Elektra #140824 US $5.11 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE-S/T-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy GEORGE DUKE music online Buy GEORGE DUKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GEORGE DUKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry ratings distribution

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars Once upon a time, George Duke was an amazingly great musician, playing with the likes of Jean-Luc Ponty, Billy Cobham and the most incredible Frank Zappa. This album is one of the few of his solos that I've heard that showcase this side of his music, as opposed to him playing that "Quiet Storm" form of bland adult contemporary jazz.

The music is an eclectic blend of hard Zappa-like fusion, softer, but not bland romantic soul fusion, blues and even a humorous Jimi Hendrix-like rock song. And all of it works, and makes this one fantastic album (I wore out 2 vinyl LPs of this before the CD finally was released).

Duke manages to capture the spirit of Zappa's instrumental music on That's What She Said, but he really gets his Zappa going on Giant Child Within Us - Ego, which feature the talents of one Ruth Underwood (as well as Bruce Fowler, who's brother Tom appears elsewhere on this album).

This is a great fusion album, and a must for the Zappaphile.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#298144) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 09, 2010

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars A slightly disappointing album that sees Duke heading in a funky directions, where vocals take on a more important role, but it's not yet at the detriment of the music. Recorded in late 74 and released the following year under a puzzling old cotton-field blues-type of cliché photo (is that an oxymoron or what?) and title, which for the longest of time fooled me into avoiding it. Getting lots of studio help from whoever was around from the Zappa entourage and the Santana crowd and others hanging around, this is still a fairly interesting album at times

If Chariot and Her Eyes are good funky-leaning tracks, I must say that the vocals turn me off a bit. Some tracks are still instrumental like the quiet Beck/Hammer-sounding Serene Sister, That's What She Said or the funky-spacey-jungle Mashavu, but the majority has vocals, including the rocking-Hendrix-ey (that means very guitar-ey) and spoof-ey Rokkinrowl track; fun stuff. I wouldn't want to overstress the vocals, as they are not too intrusive except on the totally out-of-character bluesy title track closing the album and the awful Someday just preceding it.

The flipside is certainly more prone to singing, including the ultra-funky-jazzy Prepare Yourself, but it has a fine middle section where the Miller/Johnson duo shines on bass and guitar respectively. Giant Child starts on a slightly dissonant intro, which bears little resemblance to what's been just heard, being more standard jazz, but soon jumps into the fusion fire with a horn section and strings. Don't be fooled like I was for almost two decades by the misleading artwork and title, this is still a good fusion album, which is rather pleasant until it reaches the final two tracks to become a bit of "n'importe-quoi", ruining the album's cohesiveness. Make sure you investigate previous duke albums, but this one is still likely to please progheads.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#397825) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 11, 2011

Review by J-Man
4 stars With George Duke's unfortunate passing just a few days ago, now feels like as good a time as any to revisit one of the man's finest albums, 1975's I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry. This record was released towards the end of Duke's time spent playing with Frank Zappa's band, and it's apparent that some elements of Zappa's quirky and complex fusion music had rubbed off on him by this point - although not entirely a jazz fusion observation, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry contains some tracks like "That's What She Said" and "Giant Child Within Us - Ego" that sound straight out of the Zappa playbook. Not too surprising when one considers that fellow Zappa alumni Ruth Underwood, Bruce Fowler, and Tom Fowler also participated on this album!

I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry also explores funk and soul-inspired music without ever coming across as bland (even the ballad "Someday" is fantastic!), as well as humorous hard rock on "Rokkinrowl, I Don't Know" and pure traditional blues in the title track. The title track is the only song that I could really do without; I feel that it is a rather weak way to end such a fantastic record, but blues fans may be more into the song than I am. Even taking the out-of-place title track into consideration, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry is one of the best jazz fusion albums of the classic era, and an essential pickup for all fusion enthusiasts. Rest easy, Duke!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1014322) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 08, 2013

Post a review of GEORGE DUKE "I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry"