I LOVE THE BLUES - SHE HEARD MY CRY

Someday 2:40
I Love The Blues, She Heard My Cry 5:26

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry lyrics

Search GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry tabs

Backing Vocals - Chris Norris , Debra Fay, Donna Correa , Larry Robinson , Pat Norris , Roger Dollarhide, Janet Ferguson Hoff
Backing Vocals, Percussion [Remo Roto Toms] - Ndugu
Guitar - Lee Ritenour, George Johnson, Daryl Stuermer
Vocals, Guitar - Johnny Guitar Watson
Vocals, Synthesizer [Arp, Mutron Phasers, Moog], Piano [Electric], Clavinet - George Duke
Bass - Tom Fowler
Violin - John Wittenberg
Marimba, Gongs, Percussion - Ruth Underwood
Trombone - Bruce Fowler

LP: MPS Records 817 488-1 (Germany), MPS Records MC 25671 (US),

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Evolver for the last updates

GEORGE DUKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry Music

Remastered
Verve 2008
SnapshotSnapshot
Warner Jazz 2012
Dianne Reeves "Never too far" Sealed Modern Soul Jazz George Duke Vinyl LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 41m 2s
George Duke - The Aura Will Prevail - LP ('75 MC 25613) US $12.22 Buy It Now 2h 8m
SEAWIND INCL WHAT CHA DOIN VINYL LP PRODUCED BY GEORGE DUKE USA NEW AND SEALED US $6.44 Buy It Now 3h 24m
GEORGE DUKE is love enough 12" RECORD PROMO US $10.99 Buy It Now 5h 31m
MPS Jazzreworks CD PROMO 2004 Cardboard Sleeve Dave Pike Set George Duke LOW 3.0 US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 9m
GEORGE DUKE-THIEF IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $13.99 Buy It Now 8h 24m
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE - CLARKE DUKE PROJECT NEW CD US $9.86 Buy It Now 10h 16m
GEORGE DUKE-S/T-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $13.99 Buy It Now 10h 32m
AL JARREAU MY OLD FRIEND CELEBRATING GEORGE DUKE CD NEW US $20.19 Buy It Now 10h 55m
GEORGE DUKE-MASTER OF THE GAME-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD2 BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E51 US $23.50 Buy It Now 11h 53m
BOOGIE/ Stanley Clarke & George Duke - Heroes (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 58m
GEORGE DUKE - Shine On/Positive Energy - Epic Import US $12.50 Buy It Now 12h 2m
GEORGE DUKE - Shine On/Positive Energy (Import) US $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 3m
BOOGIE/ Stanley Clarke & George Duke - The Good Times (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 11m
BOOGIE/ George Duke - Celebrate (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 22m
George Duke - Original Album Series: After Hou (NEW CD) US $22.97 Buy It Now 12h 30m
BOOGIE/ George Duke - Good Friend (WL Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 48m
BOOGIE/ George Duke - Broken Glass (WL Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 48m
STEPHANIE MILLS S/T CD 1985 / GEORGE DUKE US $24.99 [0 bids]
13h
George Duke - I Love The Blues, She Heard My Cry - 12" LP Jazz VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE ''THIEF IN THE NIGHT'' ORIG.1985 LP&SLEEVE SHRINK NEAR MINT US $3.99 Buy It Now 14h
Night After Night-George Duke LP US $16.05 Buy It Now 14h 58m
GEORGE DUKE "SHINE ON" / "POSITIVE ENERGY" 7" 45 FRANK ZAPPA MEMBER JAZZ R US $2.99 Buy It Now 15h 36m
5 LP GEORGE DUKE BILLY COBHAM LOT Master of the Game Reach For It Magic Live US $8.50 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE-3 JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 56m
George Duke - Guardian Of The Light (CD, Epic) US $12.95 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke & George Duke - Sweet Baby 45 1981 VG+ US $1.49 Buy It Now 16h 49m
GEORGE DUKE - REACH FOR IT LP US $8.05 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - FOLLOW THE RAINBOW LP US $8.05 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE Fame w/ ULTRA RARE EDIT USA PROMO radio DJ CD single 1992 MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 40m
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE i just want to love you 7" US $11.28 Buy It Now 18h 57m
STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE heroes 12" 2 trk b/w atlanta (ta3860) uk epic 1983 US $8.45 Buy It Now 19h 5m
GEORGE DUKE-ILLUSIONS-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $13.99 Buy It Now 19h 43m
GEORGE DUKE-MUIR WOODS SUITE-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $13.99 Buy It Now 19h 43m
GEORGE DUKE PARTY DOWN 7" PROMO SINGLE 1979 N/MINT US $3.63 [0 bids]
VAROUS ARTISTS "MONTREUX SUMMIT" LP BOB JAMES STEVE KHAN STAN GETZ GEORGE DUKE US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 25m
After You've Gone, George Duke, Jake Hanna, Harry ", , Very Good US $10.07 Buy It Now 20h 26m
Cool by George Duke (CD, Sep-2000, Warner Bros.) US $6.00 Buy It Now 20h 42m
GEORGE DUKE Reach For It CD mint Epic Legacy 1991 1977 Jazz Fusion OOP BIN US $8.95 Buy It Now 20h 44m
GEORGE DUKE - THE COMPLETE 1970S EPIC ALBUMS COLLECTION [BOX] - NEW CD BOXSET US $37.25 Buy It Now 21h 53m
GEORGE DUKE - BRAZILIAN FUSION NEW CD US $15.25 Buy It Now 22h 8m
GEORGE DUKE ride on love 12" 2 trk in title stickered company sleeve b/w son of US $8.45 Buy It Now 22h 16m
2 GEORGE DUKE FUNK LPS "LIBERATED FANTASIES" "DON'T LET GO" WITH NDUGU CHANCLER US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 34m
george duke thief in the night US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 50m
SEALED GEORGE DUKE: Self Titled LP ELEKTRA RECORDS 604801 US 1986  US $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 54m
SEALED GEORGE DUKE: Pacific Jazz LP PACIFIC JAZZ RECORDS LA891H US 1978  US $15.99 Buy It Now 22h 54m
Cool by George Duke (CD, Sep-2000, Warner Bros.) US $2.25 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY COBHAM-GEORGE DUKE 'Live in Europe' Original 1976 US press STILL SEALED LP US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER MAGADINI POLYRHYTHM~ORIG 1975 BRIKO LP~SHRINK~GEORGE DUKE~MENZA~FUSION US $16.50 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY COBHAM & GEORGE DUKE BAND, THE: Live On Tour In Europe (jazz vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE 45 "I WANT YOU FOR MYSELF" B/W "I WANT YOU FOR MYSELF" PROMO US $1.99 [1 bids]
Hubert Laws My Time Will Come John Patitucci George Duke Joe Sample US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE PROJECT - (LP ) VG+ / NM 1981 EPIC US $4.99 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke-George Duke (12" single) HEROES / inst.version ~ M- r+b dance US $2.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Brecker Brothers Detente Japan Mini LP Steve Gadd George Duke US $9.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE Follow The Rainbow EPIC Sample US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE GUARDIAN OF THE LIGHT (1983) ORIGINAL JAPAN CD 35.8P-20 US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DIANNE REEVES Bridges advance promo 1999 Blue Note CD Billy Childs George Duke US $0.99 [0 bids]
Billy Cobham - The Billy Cobham - George Duke Band - "Live" - On Tour I (NEW CD) US $10.87 Buy It Now 1 day
AL JARREAU, BREAKIN' AWAY, WEST GERMANY POLYGRAM TARGET CD, GEORGE DUKE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE HEROES 1983 12" SINGLE CHEAP US $6.03 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Reach For It b/w Just For You STOCK 45 M-- US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANITA BAKER RHYTHM OF LOVE CD George Duke, Joe Sample, Bucky Pizzarelli US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Thief In The Night EXCEPTIONAL ORIGINAL 1985 LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rendezvous by George Duke *New CD* US $11.63 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A.Discomania Japan Import OBI Strip w/George Duke,Delegation,Third World. US $12.95 [0 bids]
George Duke "Feel" Jazz Funk LP MPS BASF US $7.99 [0 bids]
George Duke "Save The Country" Jazz Funk LP Pickwick US $7.99 [0 bids]
JEAN-LUC PONTY Electric Connection PACIFIC JAZZ LP w/ George Duke US $7.99 [0 bids]
Keith Washington You Make It Easy CD George Duke Gerald Levert QWest BMG US $2.50 [0 bids]
George Duke - Original Album Series: After Hours NEW CD US $18.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke/Journey to Love-Steve Gadd, George Duke 12" Jazz Vinyl LP EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
George Duke - Cool [CD New] US $11.67 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Rendezvous: Expanded Edition [CD New] US $14.58 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke - Guardian Of The Light - 1983 CD Expanded Edition US $6.37 [3 bids]
GEORGE DUKE A BRAZILIAN LOVE AFFAIR EPIC RECORDS WITH ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE US $0.99 [1 bids]
GEORGE DUKE Pluck WL demo 45 MONO/STEREO VERSIONS US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Snapshot FOCUS TRACKS 4 Trk SAMPLER 1992 PROMO DJ CD single USA US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EX/NM 33 RPM Vinyl Record Album George Duke Thief In The Night SEALED US $14.95 [0 bids]
Diane Reeves Sealed Jazz Vocal Late Vinyl LP 1988 George Duke US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
After Hours by George Duke (CD, Sep-1998, Warner Bros.) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Cool by George Duke CD Sept 2000 Warner Bros Wake Up Smell the Coffee Marin City US $1.50 [0 bids]
Cool by George Duke (CD, Sep-2000, Warner Bros.) BRAND NEW SEALED! US $1.00 [0 bids]
PETER MAGADINI POLYRHYTHM~ORIG 1975 BRIKO LP~GEORGE DUKE~MENZA~FREE FUSION JAZZ US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JOE WILLIAMS Live Nat Cannonball Adderley George Duke LP US $9.97 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE Straight From The Heart 12" RED Record PRMO US $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE 45 MOVIN ON STEREO-MONO EPIC 50593 PROMO US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
George Duke 80s JAZZ LP Night After Night 1989 USA ISSUE US $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE DUKE - ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES [BOX] [GEORGE DUKE] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $26.84 Buy It Now 1 day
LP 1977 George Duke Epic JE-34483 (Radio Promo Copy) Very Nice! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Three Originals by George Duke (CD, Nov-1993, 2 Discs, Verve) US $14.99 [0 bids]
7"-Single STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE Heroes / Atlanta (1983) MINT- HOLLAND PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
George Duke - Ride On Love - 1982 Epic Promo 7" 45 RPM Soul Single! US $5.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE DUKE - RENDEZVOUS - BONUS TRACK NEW CD US $27.49 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE - DREAMWEAVER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $53.06 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BILLY COBHAM GEORGE DUKE BAND LP ATLANTIC JAZZ LP US $15.29 Buy It Now 2 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY-WITH THE GEORGE DUKE TRIO-LIVE IN LOS ANGELES-UK STEREO LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
SONNY ROLLINS Easy Living LP 1977 Milestone Records w George Duke Tony Williams US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE DUKE - MASTER OF THE GAME - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $27.49 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy GEORGE DUKE music online Buy GEORGE DUKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GEORGE DUKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry ratings distribution

GEORGE DUKE I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars Once upon a time, George Duke was an amazingly great musician, playing with the likes of Jean-Luc Ponty, Billy Cobham and the most incredible Frank Zappa. This album is one of the few of his solos that I've heard that showcase this side of his music, as opposed to him playing that "Quiet Storm" form of bland adult contemporary jazz.

The music is an eclectic blend of hard Zappa-like fusion, softer, but not bland romantic soul fusion, blues and even a humorous Jimi Hendrix-like rock song. And all of it works, and makes this one fantastic album (I wore out 2 vinyl LPs of this before the CD finally was released).

Duke manages to capture the spirit of Zappa's instrumental music on That's What She Said, but he really gets his Zappa going on Giant Child Within Us - Ego, which feature the talents of one Ruth Underwood (as well as Bruce Fowler, who's brother Tom appears elsewhere on this album).

This is a great fusion album, and a must for the Zappaphile.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#298144) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 09, 2010

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars A slightly disappointing album that sees Duke heading in a funky directions, where vocals take on a more important role, but it's not yet at the detriment of the music. Recorded in late 74 and released the following year under a puzzling old cotton-field blues-type of cliché photo (is that an oxymoron or what?) and title, which for the longest of time fooled me into avoiding it. Getting lots of studio help from whoever was around from the Zappa entourage and the Santana crowd and others hanging around, this is still a fairly interesting album at times

If Chariot and Her Eyes are good funky-leaning tracks, I must say that the vocals turn me off a bit. Some tracks are still instrumental like the quiet Beck/Hammer-sounding Serene Sister, That's What She Said or the funky-spacey-jungle Mashavu, but the majority has vocals, including the rocking-Hendrix-ey (that means very guitar-ey) and spoof-ey Rokkinrowl track; fun stuff. I wouldn't want to overstress the vocals, as they are not too intrusive except on the totally out-of-character bluesy title track closing the album and the awful Someday just preceding it.

The flipside is certainly more prone to singing, including the ultra-funky-jazzy Prepare Yourself, but it has a fine middle section where the Miller/Johnson duo shines on bass and guitar respectively. Giant Child starts on a slightly dissonant intro, which bears little resemblance to what's been just heard, being more standard jazz, but soon jumps into the fusion fire with a horn section and strings. Don't be fooled like I was for almost two decades by the misleading artwork and title, this is still a good fusion album, which is rather pleasant until it reaches the final two tracks to become a bit of "n'importe-quoi", ruining the album's cohesiveness. Make sure you investigate previous duke albums, but this one is still likely to please progheads.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#397825) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 11, 2011

Review by J-Man
4 stars With George Duke's unfortunate passing just a few days ago, now feels like as good a time as any to revisit one of the man's finest albums, 1975's I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry. This record was released towards the end of Duke's time spent playing with Frank Zappa's band, and it's apparent that some elements of Zappa's quirky and complex fusion music had rubbed off on him by this point - although not entirely a jazz fusion observation, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry contains some tracks like "That's What She Said" and "Giant Child Within Us - Ego" that sound straight out of the Zappa playbook. Not too surprising when one considers that fellow Zappa alumni Ruth Underwood, Bruce Fowler, and Tom Fowler also participated on this album!

I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry also explores funk and soul-inspired music without ever coming across as bland (even the ballad "Someday" is fantastic!), as well as humorous hard rock on "Rokkinrowl, I Don't Know" and pure traditional blues in the title track. The title track is the only song that I could really do without; I feel that it is a rather weak way to end such a fantastic record, but blues fans may be more into the song than I am. Even taking the out-of-place title track into consideration, I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry is one of the best jazz fusion albums of the classic era, and an essential pickup for all fusion enthusiasts. Rest easy, Duke!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1014322) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 08, 2013

Post a review of GEORGE DUKE "I Love The Blues - She Heard My Cry"