CEREMONY ~ BUDDHA MEET ROCK

People Ceremony ~ Buddha Meet Rock album cover

Buy PEOPLE Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Prologue (1:44)
2. Shomyo - Part 1 (12:46)
3. Gatha (5:12)
4. Flower Strewing (6:46)
5. Shomyo - Part 2 (6:04)
6. Prayer - Part 1 (2:27)
7. Prayer - Part 2 (4:34)
8. Epilogue (2:16)

- Akemi Tomura / voices
- Goro Inoue / voices
- Kyo Shibata / voices
- Maiya Sugihara / voices

LP Teichiku Records SL1368 (1971)
CD Super Fuji Discs / diskUNION FJSP59 (2009)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

PEOPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PEOPLE Ceremony ~ Buddha Meet Rock Music

HOTHOUSE FLOWERS People LP London 1988 w/ Inner Sleeve Celtic Pop-Rock US $8.95 Buy It Now 29m 47s
Unknown People - Head Resonance Company / Pixel EXP CD + DVD LTD Edition US $12.52 Buy It Now 30m 20s
Lot of 4 DAVID BOWIE 45rpm PICTURE SLEEVES Let's Dance/Day In Day Out/Cat People US $9.95 Buy It Now 30m 36s
OH NO OH MY People Problems LP Koenig *NEW/SEALED* 2011 w/ Download Indie Pop US $14.95 Buy It Now 30m 36s
NICK LOWE Pure Pop For Now People LP WHITE LABEL PROMO US $14.95 Buy It Now 31m 24s
"Fresco" M People *NEAR MINT* 1997 CD US $8.90 Buy It Now 31m 49s
DAVE DAVIES Chosen People LP Warner Bros 1983 KINKS US $7.95 Buy It Now 33m 11s
Farrell & Farrell--"Heart In The Right Place"/"People In The Box" 45 RPM 7" US $4.50 Buy It Now 34m 23s
Roy Clark / Love Is Just A State Of Mind / Other People's Sunshine 45 rpm Record US $8.00 Buy It Now 34m 43s
PHILIP & VANESSA Two Sleepy People LP Anchor 1975 IN SHRINK w/ Inner Sleeve US $14.95 Buy It Now 35m 53s
Little People: Things That Go! by Fisher-Price (CD, Jan-2005, Fisher-Price) US $8.99 Buy It Now 36m 16s
SEALED LP OST RUTHLESS PEOPLE Bruce Springsteen - Billy Joel Soundtrack US $10.00 Buy It Now 36m 21s
R.E.M.: Automatic For The People (Rock & Pop Warner Bros 9362-45055-4 Cassette) US $5.00 Buy It Now 36m 59s
DOORS (45 rpm) People Are Strange/Unhappy Girl (Elektra, 1967) US $8.00 [0 bids]
37m 10s
KENNY O'DELL Beautiful People / Flower Girl 45 rpm VEGAS 1968 Sunshine Pop US $6.95 Buy It Now 37m 12s
People Like Us/The Mamas & The Papas/rare new cd US $50.00 Buy It Now 38m 8s
JACKIE GLEASON plays pretty for the people US $0.99 [0 bids]
39m 49s
UNITED PAPER PEOPLE +2 by Kisschasy Japan(Promo)CD W/OBI Like New US $5.24 Buy It Now 41m 25s
Foster the People - Supermodel (CD 2014) indie pop 11 trks Brand New US $4.68 [0 bids]
42m 12s
Paul Young ?- Love Of The Common People Vinyl LP 12" Single Album Record CBS US $4.47 [0 bids]
45m 25s
UB40-i want people-red red wine-neil diamond-1983-CANADA 45-EX+ US $7.91 [0 bids]
47m 52s
Sway and King Tech Wake Up Show Vol. 6 Sealed Eminem Onyx KRS One Dilated People US $50.00 Buy It Now 48m 10s
EVERYDAY PEOPLE-i get that feeling-experience in love-Stitch In Tyme - EX US $7.91 [0 bids]
52m 2s
DAVID BOWIE-cat people-putting out fire-let's dance-1983-CANADA-VG++ US $7.91 [0 bids]
52m 28s
EVERYDAY PEOPLE - NORHTERN SOUL DJ COPY-OVER LOVING YOU US $15.99 Buy It Now 54m 46s
OGUN PLEAS (SunZu) - OF THE PEOPLE.FOR THE PEOPLE - CD US $5.66 Buy It Now 56m 44s
Royal House - Party People - Vinyl 12" Single - NM - FREE SHIPPING US $9.00 Buy It Now 57m 10s
Sweet G games People Play 1983 FEVER FUNK VG+ US $5.78 [0 bids]
58m 53s
Jimi Hendrix Experience PEOPLE, HELL AND ANGELS 200g New Sealed GATEFOLD 2 LP US $25.99 [0 bids]
58m 59s
Furman & Nash -- COLUMBIA A3445 -- Ma & OH! They're Such Nice People US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h
Ken Medema--People Of The Son 1975 Vinyl LP Record XIAN Pop Jesus Music US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Terri Gibbs--"Comfort The People" (3:47) (Both Sides Stereo) 1988 45 RPM 7" US $3.50 Buy It Now 1h 3m
PAUL MCCARTNEY C'MON PEOPLE MINT 7" Beatles WHITE VINYL US $11.89 Buy It Now 1h 4m
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT-people everyday-children play with earth-1992-ORIG USA-EX US $5.78 [0 bids]
IMPRESSIONS Greates Hits Classic 60s Rock Anthology PEOPLE GET READY LOVED LOST US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Up With People ?- Beat Of The Future/ Up With People! Records ?- 1145 US $7.00 [0 bids]
LARHON-RANDOM RAP-INDIE-1988-in'fo mc's-mc sohntise-party people-DJ BAD-EX US $24.36 [0 bids]
People Are People by Depeche Mode (Cassette, Mar-1987, Reprise) US $4.99 [0 bids]
ROBERT PALMER-EVERY KINDA PEOPLE-RE MIX-REMIX-RARE U.S. PROMO CD SINGLE-1992 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Village People Macho Man LP Record Album Vinyl Casablanca NBLP 7096 US $1.00 [0 bids]
SPEARHEAD-PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE-RARE 5T DJ REMIX PROMO CD SINGLE-Michael Franti US $3.00 [0 bids]
PROMO LP - DAVID CANARY - SO MANY PEOPLE - BEVERLY HILLS BHS 29 VG++ US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
RARE BLACK GOSPEL 45 - SHOCKLEY'S SINGERS - TELL IT TO THE PEOPLE - WORLD WIDE US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Various--Christian People Volume One 1973 LP Andrae Crouch 2nd Chapter Of Acts US $11.50 Buy It Now 1h 22m
GIORA FEIDMAN Clarinet NIGUNIM OF MY PEOPLE Jewish LP US $25.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
FRED WESLEY & THE JB'S 45 J.B. Shout PEOPLE Funk 1972 JAMES BROWN Excellent C169 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
tymes -somewhere/people - liberty bell 7039 cd new/ss 25 tracks ref#2442 US $13.99 [0 bids]
SR-I Shoot People Funny Photographer 1 hoodie sweatshirt (longsleve available) US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
SR-I Shoot People Funny Photographer 2 hoodie sweatshirt (longsleve available) US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
ADAMSKI'S THING-ONE OF THE PEOPLE-RARE 4 TK DJ REMIX PROMO CD-Adam Tinley-1998 US $3.00 [0 bids]
SR-I Shoot People Funny Photographer 3 hoodie sweatshirt (longsleve available) US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
SR-I Shoot People Funny Photographer 4 hoodie sweatshirt (longsleve available) US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
HENRY JEROME hello nice people LP Roulette 25056 US $21.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
JOHN WESLEY HARDING- OTHER PEOPLE'S FAILURE (PROMOCD/5SONG US $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Depeche Mode People Are People On-USound Remix Adrian Sherwood 12" UK Press RARE US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
IMP - PIECES OF THE PEOPLE WE - NEW CD US $12.93 Buy It Now 1h 30m

More places to buy PEOPLE music online Buy PEOPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PEOPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PEOPLE Ceremony ~ Buddha Meet Rock ratings distribution

PEOPLE Ceremony ~ Buddha Meet Rock reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
2 stars (From PA blog "Japanese Progressive Rock presented by DamoX")

Blended Rock with Buddhism was approved only by a part of psychedelic rock maniacs.

"Prologue" is the suggester - like a percussion, a dazzling variety of wooden clogs' clip-clops come here. And down-tempo drumming and orchestration can put enthusiasm into you coming across the meeting. However, yet you cannot realize this wondrous rendezvous only on it. Trust me, the curtain of this meeting will rise just the next track "Shomyo - Part 1". Gong. Beat, beat, dub, dub...eerie atmosphere will wrap you up, and Kimio's 'eavy 'uzzy guitar solo with a wooden percussion can shoot some rock flavour. A sutra - the Buddhist (and also Japanese) solemn culture - comes into the rock sounds and this song can be realized completely. This mono-tone sutra should be as impressive as such persistent guitar waves...absolutely the friendship between Buddhism and Psychedelic Rock. In the latter part, the rhythm gets slower a while and Kimio's aggressive guitar solo plus eccentric drumming and comfortable wooden kicks starts - with eerie sutra and thingy around him - as if he wears a Buddhist sound surplice. Maybe this mixture was (and is) hard for you and us to clarify...therefore this project might be short-lived I consider. "Gatha", the third one, is much graver for you I imagine. Kimio's sitar can blow your mind terribly in spite of such a quiet airspace. Oh sorry terrifically, not terribly. :-P ...Jokin' aside, quieter percussion, filling up the space between sounds, should be fantastically solemn as well. Honestly, on the religious ritual percussion (wooden, metallic, or so) must push all believer into trance, passion and happiness. In the next "Flower Strewing" Hideaki's repetitive bass tones can get active, and give a hypnotic and transcendental atmosphere on this song based on Shomyo - sutra. Even such a mono-tone bass sound can throw dream and fantasy for you, if the bass player is a believer... "Shomyo - Part 2" is very simple but simultaneously very important. Here are a simple wooden percussion, quiet guitar and bass sounds, easy-listening keyboard solo, and a rhythmical sutra - you know, that's all. No need for you to consider, you can act naturally in such a simple Shomyo. I wanna emphasize that this song is a masterpiece in the album on the point of view - namely, 'simple is the best for Religion'. "Prayer - Part 1" & "Prayer - Part 2" are exactly trans-senders - primeval percussion and shouts in a trance by trippin' ladies sound rather weird and painful...at least for me. "Epilogue" may be a burnt-out situation...with pretty twitters and magnificent orchestration...but no human breath at all...what a vacant impression...?

PEOPLE left such a problematic and suggestive stuff for us psychedelic progressive rock fans, and it's absolutely right. On the contrary, sad to say, very hard to listen from beginning to finish. Therefore, as mentioned above, this project might break up soon a while.

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#285854) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Post a review of PEOPLE "Ceremony ~ Buddha Meet Rock"