WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

JANUS
Vinyl$1.96 (used)
Twenty Thousand LeaguesTwenty Thousand Leagues
CD Baby 2008
JACKSON,RANDY-EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES CD NEW US $14.02 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Beatles I Am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye Capitol 45rpm US $0.99 [0 bids]
6h
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE US $11.61 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- US $3.12 Buy It Now 11h 27m
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED US $20.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodby / I Am the Walrus Vinyl Single US $4.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su US $27.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE US $15.99 [0 bids]
BABY WALRUS - Baby Walrus - CD US $25.97 Buy It Now 1 day
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CAPITOL #2056 45RPM THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 rpm Hello Goodbye\I Am The Walrus 2056 US $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 EX+ F1/F3 STUNNING 2056 US $36.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (2 HITS ON 1) 45 RPM RECORD US $7.00 [0 bids]
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - "I am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye" Capitol Canada 2056 first pressing US $8.95 [0 bids]
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl US $83.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl US $116.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (rare rock & pop 45) US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus I Believed 1980 Paradice Records Rare New Wave 7" US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON FOS 106 I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Parlophone EMI Gt Britain import 45 7" US $5.00 [0 bids]
Rock 45 - Walrus - Bakersfield Boogie Boy - 1973 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Randy Jackson "Empathy for the Walrus: Songs of the Beatles" CD Zebra Rock US $3.00 [0 bids]
Beatles (UK) P/S 7" Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus US $16.97 [0 bids]
45rpm Beatles/i am the walrus/ hello goodbye US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 45 Vg+ Capitol 2056 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Baby Walrus by Baby Walrus (CD, Feb-2008, Slumber Party Records) US $3.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES hello goodbye 7" b/w i am the walrus which is i am a walrus" on the labe US $42.61 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES,WALRUS/SOMETHING/GET BACK/OVER/EASY/BACK,10 SINGLE JOB LOT,7" VINYL US $1.64 [0 bids]
The Walrus Of Love Barry White 2 CD album (Double CD) Dutch WHITE213 US $15.76 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Collectors Tin - Hello Good Bye I am the Walrus - Store Cards Seeds + US $4.97 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS Your eyes (Femmes, femmes) Rare French 7 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD US $5.76 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7 inch Single US $1.64 [0 bids]
CRACK THE SKY-LIVE SKY 1978 LIFESONG RECORDS LP JZ 35620 EX. VG+ I AM THE WALRUS US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 -Excellent US $3.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I'm The Walrus Turkey & Turkish Edition Unique PS 7" US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CRACK THE SKY-LIGHTEN UP McGRAW / I AM THE WALRUS 1978 LIFESONG Z58 1782 PROMO US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 45 1967 Capitol 2056 US $6.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW US $6.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $96.31 [0 bids]
The Beatles ~A day in the Life/I am the Walrus/Strawberry Fields Forever/Come To US $24.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR + 1 EP ? 67 IMPORT SM0-39.501 US $26.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS US $11.61 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS SOLID US $19.91 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single US $13.27 [0 bids]
ARCWELDER i am the walrus 7" red/clear vinyl b/w sign o' the times (bmi026) pic US $9.47 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 RARE LABEl IMPORT R.5655 US $46.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P US $6.23 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 1967-1970 let it be octopus garden back in the ussr i am walrus US $7.37 [0 bids]
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl US $9.00 [0 bids]
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus 7" b/w see emily play ( US $8.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles, The - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - [7"], Beatles, The, Acceptable US $23.80 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ US $2.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ US $29.95 Buy It Now 5 days
STYX I am the Walrus EDIT TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD single BEATLES remake cover trk US $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES BY JACKSON,RANDY (CD) US $18.02 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / instr. ~ALL STAR VG++/VG+ Beatles related rock US $7.29 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS EX JAPAN PS 45! '60s HEAR Odeon US $14.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" LIME GREEN LABEL CAPITOL PROMO P 2056 US $250.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE US $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Hash - I Forgot My Blanket / I Am the Walrus 7" single (unplayed NM) '93 ELEKTRA US $6.99 [0 bids]
BORIS-MERZBOW~Walrus(Beatles)/Groon 12"~earth melvins neurosis Metal Hydra Head US $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Jackson Randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of Beatles Songs Of CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 6 days
Baby Walrus LP Vinyl Record Pop Rock US $17.80 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" 45 PARLOPHONE PDP 5083 PORTUGAL US $29.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 7"45 CAPITOL 2056 VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS VARIANT LABEL UK ISSUE 1967 US $1.64 [0 bids]
RANDY JACKSON (ZEBRA - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF THE BEATLES, - NEW CD US $8.77 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES, I Am The Walrus, Hello Goodbye, Near Mint, Writing on Label US $29.00 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS Songs LP NEW SEALED VINYL IMPORT PSYCH ROCK GUERSSEN RECORDS US $22.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PS FIRST PRESSING MACLEN US $32.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" 45 US $6.75 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES "EX+" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT ISSUE US $49.81 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES : HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS # R5655 SINGLES COLLECTION "IMPORT" US $9.50 Buy It Now 7 days
RANDY JACKSON - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF BEATLES SONGS OF NEW CD US $18.54 Buy It Now 8 days
STRAWBERRY WALRUS - THERE ARE PLACES I REMEMBER NEW CD US $29.27 Buy It Now 8 days
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED auction US $20.99 [0 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of Beatles Songs of by US $3.23 Buy It Now 8 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus [Single] - The Beatles CD3 3" CD RARE EMI CAPITOL US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
SANDO for the walrus - 7" - US $0.99 [0 bids]
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single US $4.98 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " "I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RPM Record Capitol w/ Sleeve US $19.50 [0 bids]
VG++++ BEATLES 45~HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS~~~W/CAPITOL Sleeve US $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus - Now You Know CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"