WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Fissure by Walrus (1997-02-26)Fissure by Walrus (1997-02-26)
Decibel Worship
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus .. USD $6.09 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-HELLO,GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS UK 7'' 1967 PLAIN SLEEVE USD $12.00 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Walrus-Centrifuge-UK Vinyl 7"-DIY Ozric Tentacles Psych Space Private-1982-HEAR USD $15.21 [1 bids]
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $76.11 Buy It Now 9h 33m
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 45 Record Capitol 1967 USD $20.50 Buy It Now 9h 55m
There Are Places I Remember Strawberry Walrus Audio CD USD $37.82 Buy It Now 11h 52m
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $25.00 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 28m
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $6.84 Buy It Now 18h 40m
WALRUS/PATSY BUTTERFIELD - hard rock & garage/skate punk instrumentals CD Promo USD $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 11m
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $39.59 Buy It Now 1 day
The Plague, Iron Walrus USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Boris with Merzbow *walrus/groon* black vinyl lp sunn 0))) USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single USD $12.17 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Capitol Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Old Soul's Eyes Walrus & The Carpenter CD USD $37.96 Buy It Now 1 day
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $14.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus & L/XL Tshirt USD $59.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Hello, Goodbye b/w I am the Walrus French Odeon 023 660 Picture Cover USD $7.60 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 RPM Record I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye / Lennon - Paul McCartney USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Plague, 4260080811613, Iron Walrus USD $19.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles,Hello, Goodbye,(R 5655),b/w I Am The Walrus,Company Sleeve,7" USD $15.21 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye RARE RED LABEL MONO CAPITOL 2056 VG+ USD $5.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $11.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $85.25 [0 bids]
Walrus - Deram SML 1072 UK LP Record 1970 Progressive Rock Jazz Funk USD $14.99 [1 bids]
HARRY DEAL & THE GALAXIES Walrus 1970 TWISTED BEATLES INSPIRED POP PSYCH 45 HEAR USD $24.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES (PIC SLEEVE ONLY) Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (1967) Capitol 2056 USD $28.00 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $2.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Now You Know CD USD $4.55 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $12.77 Buy It Now 2 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $3.96 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 7" - 45RPM - Single - First Pressing USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
5 BEATLES 7" Original VINYL SINGLES-Walrus/Day Trip/Me to You/I Feel Fine plus 1 USD $15.21 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Push-Out Centre USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $7.60 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $3.96 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Capitol 2056 I am The Walrus and Hello Goodbye USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Framed The Beatles I Am The Walrus Poster Mounted In Black Frame (Poster A4size) USD $15.15 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS Janus 3051 LP US 1972 USD $14.98 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY CAPITOL SLEEVE #1 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY CAPITOL SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Bea Randy Jackson CD USD $21.82 Buy It Now 3 days
Lot of 5 vintage Beatles 45 rpm records Walrus Hold Your Hand Revolution - SCT USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope), 0819376061221, Ra. USD $17.48 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles...I Am Walrus/Hello Goodbye...original pressing. USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $6.08 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles- Hello/Goodbye, I Am The Walrus- Original 45 MONO Picture Sleeve!!!! USD $1.00 [1 bids]
Beatles -Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus -Capitol Canada 2056 MONO 45rpm Maclen USD $0.01 [0 bids]
The BEATLES - I Am the Walrus T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY USD $21.07 Buy It Now 4 days
Les Demerle "I Am The Walrus/The Raven" UA 50458 M- USD $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus- walrus (CD) USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles, "The Alternate Magical Mystery Tour" Walrus 006/7 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $60.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $54.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
the beatles 7" single picture sleeve only-i am the walrus/hello goodbye-nice! USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.86 Buy It Now 4 days
The Plague Iron Walrus Audio CD USD $26.42 Buy It Now 4 days
HOMBRE - "FIRST SHOT" LP WALRUS PRIVATE PRESS JAZZ FUNK SHRINK NMINT VINYL USD $34.98 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" 45RPM single in picture sleeve USD $3.03 [0 bids]
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $9.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Solid Centre USD $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES 1967 I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOOD BYE CAPITOL 2056 45RPM VG++ EXCELLENT USD $27.96 Buy It Now 5 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $88.98 Buy It Now 5 days
VG+ TO BTR BEATLES' 45 RPM:" I AM THE WALRUS " / " HELLO .." CAPITOL # 2056 USD $1.00 [0 bids]
USD $2.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES "EX+" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT ISSUE USD $26.92 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye RARE CD3 MONO Single 1989 Capitol b/w I Am The Walrus USD $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The BEATLES 45 ORIG. MONO ORANGE CAPITOL label I am the Walrus MINT USD $32.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles-Capital-2056-Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $3.49 [0 bids]
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $7.61 Buy It Now 6 days
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Empathy for the Walrus 0819376061221, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $20.86 Buy It Now 6 days
The BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45 rpm USD $2.99 [1 bids]
Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" single 1967 Capitol USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS s/t Walrus JAPAN MINI-LP CD OBI SEALED +1 1970 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus SEALED Longbox CD 3" CD Rare USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus Rare Original 45 VeryCleanSleeve++++ USD $50.00 Buy It Now 6 days
EXC LP~WALRUS~Self Titled~{Original 1972~JANUS~Gatefold~WHITE LABEL PROMO~Issue] USD $24.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Barry White The Walrus Of Love 2 CD album (Double CD) Dutch WHITE213 USD $25.11 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus I Believed 1980 Paradice Records Rare New Wave 7" USD $4.80 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PURPLE CAPITOL LABEL 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $13.63 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $18.20 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $21.24 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $24.29 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $30.38 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 1967 1ST PRESSING USD $0.76 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 1967 1ST PRESSING USD $0.76 [1 bids]
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12" Pelican Isis Torche vinyl LP USD $44.99 Buy It Now 7 days
SANDO, For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) / same (promo) 45rpm USD $14.00 Buy It Now 7 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol / I Am The Walrus RARE CREATION 12" TEST PRESSING USD $912.04 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles SLEEVE 45, Hello Goodbye, I am the walrus USD $100.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" 45 USD $6.75 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"