WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]
Esoteric
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" UK Parlophone label R5655 USD $11.90 Buy It Now 5h 28m
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $10.40 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- USD $3.12 Buy It Now 14h 46m
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $83.30 [0 bids]
1967 Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus 45 Picture Sleeve Very Good+ Vinyl USD $9.99 [1 bids]
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su USD $27.99 Buy It Now 22h 54m
WALRUS Walrus with bonus track JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45-2056 Maclen Credits USD $15.99 [0 bids]
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $7.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD USD $14.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl USD $74.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 (Great sound from him..fierce drums USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $104.13 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OLIVER WALRUS Me, Myself And I! LP Tiger Lily TL 14038 Mega-Rare Soul Funk NM USD $595.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL SWIRL LABEL # 2056 FAINT WEAR USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Boris / Merzbow - Walrus 12" yellow and white Vinyl Hydrahead USD $15.00 [0 bids]
BARRY WHITE CD - THE LOVE ALBUM - YOUR HEART AND SOUL - THE WALRUS OF LOVE ICON! USD $1.47 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles 45 RPM Record I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 USD $26.79 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 CAPITOL RECORDS PICTURE SLEEVE USD $8.50 [0 bids]
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus .. USD $5.95 [0 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $28.10 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $7.80 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD USD $5.16 Buy It Now 2 days
Boris & Merzbow - Walrus / Groon 12" LP beatles king crimson white/yellow vinyl USD $12.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS Parlophone 5655 export made in France USD $44.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Les DeMerle RARE Funk 45 The Raven/ I Am The Walrus USD $29.99 [0 bids]
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope) USD $17.05 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS USD $10.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW USD $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
The Bumps, "Shining"/"Ode To A Toad" Heavy Psych Fuzz 45 Record Walrus USD $59.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 45 Single Record Capitol 2056 USD $10.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD USD $14.49 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES: Helly Goodbye / I am the Walrus 45 w/ SLEEVE on CAPITOL rare! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 USD $15.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $15.18 Buy It Now 3 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $12.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Now You Know CD USD $4.45 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 CAPITOL RECORDS PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "NM" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS USD $10.40 Buy It Now 3 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy USD $5.04 Buy It Now 3 days
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Hard Rock & Garrage/Skate Punk Instrumentals - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! USD $8.98 Buy It Now 3 days
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RP USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 USD $16.44 Buy It Now 4 days
Hash - I Forgot My Blanket / I Am the Walrus 7" single (unplayed NM) '93 ELEKTRA USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P USD $5.58 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Pic Sleeve USD $34.44 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles - 45 - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus USD $0.50 [1 bids]
8 - 45's * THE BEATLES * HELP * MY BONNIE * LET IT BE * HEY JUDE * WALRUS * VG+ USD $5.00 [1 bids]
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ USD $23.96 Buy It Now 5 days
STYX I am the Walrus EDIT TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD single BEATLES remake cover trk USD $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus Original Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $20.74 Buy It Now 5 days
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES BY JACKSON,RANDY (CD) USD $18.02 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / instr. ~ALL STAR VG++/VG+ Beatles related rock USD $7.49 Buy It Now 5 days
SPACE WALRUS Searchin' + Grazin' In The Grass 45 EX+ US 1971 orig Athena 5019 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 5 days
RANDY JACKSON - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS-MUSIC OF BEATLES CD NEW+ USD $22.60 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - Hell, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Aussie Parlophone USD $2.32 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I Am The Walrus VG+(+) 45 RPM USD $0.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS - WALRUS [WALRUS] - NEW CD USD $11.05 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles-I Am The Walrus & Hello Goodbye-45 RPM CAPITOL 2056 W/SLV USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE USD $7.13 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES 45 RPM VINYL - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - Fair Condition USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Jackson Randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of Beatles Songs Of CD USD $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus Latex Head Mask "I Am the Walrus" USD $48.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I am Walrus Rare French Export Original 1967 7" vinyl USD $11.16 [0 bids]
WALRUS selftitled JANUS 3051 Prog/Psych USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HOLA ADIOS / YO SOY LA MORSA hello goobye / i am the walrus ARG 7" USD $96.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus original 45 record with PicSleeve USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7" 45 Apple Label Record Lot - Hello Goodbye / Walrus + Nowhere Man USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE COMET SCRANTON CAPITOL 2056 EAST COAST I AM THE WALRUS! USD $19.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS Songs LP NEW SEALED VINYL IMPORT PSYCH ROCK GUERSSEN RECORDS USD $22.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles "I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye" 1967 Capitol 7" 45RPM 2056 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES CAPITOL SWIRL LOT HELP YESTERDAY LOVE ME DO DAY TRIPPER I AM THE WALRUS USD $5.00 [0 bids]
THE RESIDENTS Eskimo LP 1979 The Walrus Hunt Birth The Angry Angaka 2nd Pressi USD $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT USD $7.42 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM WALRUS .. USD $7.42 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM WALRUS ... USD $8.91 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus Gumboot - Vintage Fan club Photograph 6 X 4 USD $1.47 [0 bids]
Walrus (CD New) USD $15.53 Buy It Now 7 days
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 G USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 45 1967 Capitol 2056 USD $8.42 Buy It Now 7 days
VENOMOUS WALRUS - VENOMOUS WALRUS NEW CD USD $16.33 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES~45 RPM "HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 2056 M USD $8.95 Buy It Now 8 days
CD walrus
WALRUS
~ USD $7.61

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"