WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus
Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)
Esoteric
Maybe Tonight by WalrusMaybe Tonight by Walrus
Ravensbourne

NEW Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus S/M T-Shirt USD $39.99 Buy It Now
45 Beatles Hello Goodbye 2056 I Am The Walrus Lennon McCartney Harrison Star USD $19.75 Buy It Now
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD white/yellow vinyl UNPLAYED USD $17.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS 1967 GERMANY Odeon 7" PS EX+/MINT- copy !!! USD $58.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus Italian 7" Parlophon MISPRESSED COVER USD $155.00 Buy It Now
Bairstow Manor The Beatles I Am The Walrus From The Magical Mystery Tour USD $53.43 Buy It Now 1h 22m
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1h 23m
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 Hear! (Great sound from him..fierce USD $40.00 Buy It Now 8h 38m
SEALED ORIG Walrus - Walrus (1972) Vinyl LP Record - JLS3051 PSYCH PROG MINT ... USD $9.50 Buy It Now 10h 46m
USED (VG) Baby Walrus (2008) (Audio CD) USD $9.86 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Beatles HELLO GOODBYE WALRUS Capitol 1978 Purple MFD TIME on labels Los Angeles USD $2.25 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" 45RPML.A. PRESSING USD $4.75 [0 bids]
The BEATLES - I Am the Walrus T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY USD $22.83 Buy It Now 16h 40m
Tross - The Walrus EP (NEW 12" VINYL LP) USD $28.97 Buy It Now 22h 55m
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 2 USD $13.35 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles I Am The Walrus & Hello Goodbye / 45 RPM Capitol # 2056 VG++ . USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 45 RPM Rock & Roll Record & Picture Sleeve Hello Goodbye Walrus 2056 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE USD $1.32 [0 bids]
NEUTRON 9000 : WALRUS : PROFILE LABEL L.P FROM 1991 USD $2.61 [0 bids]
Baby Walrus Self-Titled (CD) by Baby Walrus (2008) (Promo) Slumber Party Records USD $10.84 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Fab-Gere I Am The Walrus 7" Summer Of Love FLARE1 EX/EX 1993 picture sleeve USD $8.67 Buy It Now 1 day
The BEATLES - I Am the Walrus T-shirt - NEW - LARGE ONLY USD $22.83 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye Walrus 7" Rare Danish PS R5655 Psych 1967 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW USD $21.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Ginty?-I Am The Walrus 7" EPWild Dog Records 1980 (Beatles Cover) NWOBHM USD $233.83 [0 bids]
Venomous Walrus - Venomous Walrus [New CD] USD $13.81 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour CD ALBUM / PENNY LANE, HELLO GOODBYE, WALRUS USD $2.66 [1 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 1967 Capitol Vinyl Record USD $4.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Complete Lost Lennon Tapes Vol 21 & 22-Walrus 2 CD Set Double Fantasy Sessions USD $74.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Mountain-Malagasy Sunset CD NEW USD $13.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Mersey Beats Strawberry Walrus CD (NEW and SEALED) with guitar pick USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Baby Walrus Self-Titled (CD) by Baby Walrus (2008) (Promo) Slumber Party Records USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS USA CAPITOL 2056 SCRANTON SLEEVE USD $19.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White 2 CD album (Double CD) Dutch WHITE213 USD $22.03 Buy It Now 2 days
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $7.50 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles ?- Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 7" single 1st press USD $2.61 [0 bids]
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus Oasis MUSIC CD USD $5.48 Buy It Now 3 days
45W THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE ON CAPITOL RECORDS MACLEAN CO. USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS-NEVER GONNA LET MY BODY TOUCH THE GROUND/WHY RARE UK 7'' 1971 EX+ DERAM USD $39.00 Buy It Now 3 days
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $5.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus 1996 by Oasis USD $32.89 Buy It Now 3 days
(GN173) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS (CANADA) FAMILY HANGOVER NEW VINYL RECORD USD $23.61 Buy It Now 3 days
VENOMOUS WALRUS VENOMOUS WALRUS NEW CD USD $18.65 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS Moth TECN-12547 Maxi-Single JAPAN 1999 USD $27.87 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Capital Swirl LOT 5476 5810 2056 2131 HELP I AM THE WALRUS PENNY LANE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS VINYL 45 RECORD RE14 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS VINYL 45 RECORD RE14 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS DYED TECN-12632 Maxi-Single JAPAN 2000 USD $27.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Oasis : Wonderwall I Am the Walrus CD USD $4.08 Buy It Now 3 days
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $36.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $14.48 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES-Hello Goodbye+I Am The Walrus-A Nice Radio Station 45-CAPITOL #2056 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR-Rare Collector's LONG BOX-I am The Walrus, etc USD $129.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Empathy for the Walrus:music/beatles - Randy Jackson Compact Disc USD $15.40 Buy It Now 4 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.92 Buy It Now 4 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $16.03 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus-NMint Radio Station 45-CAPITOL #2056 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - Anyway the Wind Blows 45 unknown private press power pop Strong VG USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #3 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.40 Buy It Now 4 days
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
(GG390) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.81 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.67 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.81 Buy It Now 4 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.20 Buy It Now 4 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $55.37 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.40 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $19.90 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 7" Hello Goodbye/ I am the walrus with USA Capitol Orig. sleeve USD $36.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES 45 RPM LOT OF 4 day tripper madonna walrus standing there FREE SHIPPING USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Hash, I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Excellent Single USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Swedish Sleeve USD $18.67 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - S/T 1972 Janus 1st Ed. psych LP USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PS - JAPAN - 7" 45RPM - Apple USD $38.47 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES X 3 SINGLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - WORK IT OUT - I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.66 [0 bids]
WALRUS VIRUS TECN-16384 CD JAPAN 1998 NEW USD $41.54 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles 45 "I Am The Walrus" and "Hello Goodbye" Record and Pic Sleeve Capit USD $30.00 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES (7") HELLO,GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS[1992 PARLOPHONE REISSUE 45 *RARE]NM USD $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PARLOPHONE UK Press 7" 45 EX USD $16.03 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus '67 PSYCH 7" John Lennon McCartney USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
CD-WALRUS SAME 1970 Deram/UK Progressive Rock PSYCH USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [New CD] USD $20.23 Buy It Now 6 days
Vinyl Record The Beatles Hello, Goodbye I Am The Walrus 45RPM 1967 rare music USD $2.67 [0 bids]
VINYL LP RECORD BARRY WHITE ANOTHER WAY TO SAY I LOVE YOU WALRUS FRAME SOUL DISC USD $9.34 Buy It Now 6 days
OASIS Cigarettes & Alcohol / I Am The Walrus Live 7" Vinyl Numbered CRE190 1994 USD $42.74 Buy It Now 6 days
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus, Oasis Single USD $5.73 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am theWalrus (John wanted his 'Walrus' as A-side) USD $15.23 [0 bids]
USD $22.84 Buy It Now
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.57 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $17.33 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others Ive seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"