WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

Black Rose
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

Vol. 2-Mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus (2009, CD New) USD $15.17 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIG 1967 MACLEN CREDIT CAPITOL EX USD $19.00 Buy It Now
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $13.39 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Walrus * Who Can I Trust * Prog Funk UK Deram 45 Demo Near Mint USD $14.91 [0 bids]
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl USD $12.00 Buy It Now 11h 42m
BEATLES Magical Mystery Tour LP Booklet~Lyrics~Fool on the Hill~I am The Walrus USD $16.99 Buy It Now 11h 55m
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE, VALENTINE'S DAY MUSIC USD $1.96 [0 bids]
the beatles hello good bye i am the walrus from magical mystery tour cd af 025 USD $4.07 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS, HELLO GOODBYE7" 45RPM ORIGINAL 2056 CAPITOL 1967 USD $18.75 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.20 Buy It Now 16h 15m
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.61 Buy It Now 16h 15m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye. I Am The Walrus 45 w/ original sleeve USD $7.50 [7 bids]
NM Original 45 The Beatles - I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye CAPITOL 2056 + sleeve USD $14.99 [0 bids]
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 19h 36m
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 21h
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.31 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL US Capitol 1988 B/W I Am The Walrus (2056) USD $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $18.51 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.61 Buy It Now 1 day
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $3.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Strawberry Walrus - Vol. 2-Mersey Beats [CD New] USD $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
(GN173) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.72 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye /Iam the walrus 45 from Japan or1838 USD $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Oasis Wonderwall I Am the Walrus CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RPM Vinyl The Beatles I Am The Walrus Capitol Records 45-X46161 45ame10 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EX/NM- lot of 2 Original 45's by THE BEATLES orange labels "I Am The Walrus" USD $27.12 Buy It Now 1 day
pond solo / nicholas allbrook cd ep walrus feb hot sale 2017 USD $31.43 Buy It Now 1 day
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Original Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $15.74 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS (7" SINGLE 1967) USD $1.23 [1 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus:music/beatles - Randy Jackson Compact Disc USD $15.03 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus Record Rare 1967 7XCE 18434-1 USD $1.23 [0 bids]
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.42 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
(GG390) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.72 Buy It Now 2 days
RANDY JACKSON - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS-MUSIC OF BEATLES CD NEW+ USD $25.63 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I am the walrus Belgian 7" Single w/pic sleeve USD $9.93 [0 bids]
I Am The Walrus Hello Goodbye UK original 1967 vinyl 45 Beatles R5655 Parlophone USD $7.67 Buy It Now 3 days
HOMBRE First Shot LP Walrus Records JAZZ FUNK Shrinkwrap USD $11.00 [0 bids]
Hash, I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Excellent Single USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
There Are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus (2011, CD New) USD $24.77 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Barry White The Walrus Of Love Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $20.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE - I AM THE WALRUS WITH CAPITAL RECORDS LABEL 45 RPM USD $2.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Oliver Walrus 2 Audio CD USD $29.39 Buy It Now 4 days
SPACE WALRUS Searchin' + Grazin' In The Grass 45 EX+ US 1971 promo Athena 5019 USD $43.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $20.77 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye" / "I Am The Walrus" 45 RPM Vinyl (Capital 2056) USD $6.30 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS Janus 3051 LP VG++ US 1972 USD $14.98 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE FRENCH SP THE BEATLES ODEON FO 106 I AM THE WALRUS 3rd SLEEVE USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.63 Buy It Now 5 days
In His Life-The John Lennon Story - Strawberry Walrus (2008, CD New) USD $17.63 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles I am the walrus Hello Goodbye Odeon French Pressing 1967 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single, BEATLES,Good, Vinyl 45/7" with pi USD $55.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $37.28 Buy It Now 5 days
25mm The Beatles I Am The Walrus Badge New Official Band Merch USD $1.23 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 I AM THE WALRUS PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P3 USD $8.69 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS LOS ANGELES WEST COAST CAPITOL 2056 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - VIRUS - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 7Tracks USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
  THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE PIC SLEEVE Capitol Swirl 2056 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $7.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
7"single, Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus by The Beatles USD $1.23 [0 bids]
Walrus s/t CD+1 bonus 1970 uk prog jazz rock NEW SEALED Esoteric re-release USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Push-Out Centre USD $4.58 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE I Am The Walrus 12" Ps, Full 8.47 Version B/W See Emily Play USD $7.45 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye, I Am The Walrus, 7inch single USD $2.36 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - RARE LABEL USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Whiteolgy 2CD (Walrus Records) RARE USD $59.24 [0 bids]
USD $79.95 Buy It Now
The Beatles ~ Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" 45 ~ Capitol 2056 USD $4.96 [0 bids]
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.23 Buy It Now 6 days
6 - 45 RPM Lot / The Beatles / walrus,i feel fine ,writer,jude,let it,lady USD $10.00 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY : I AM THE WALRUS CD UK PIGLET 1993 USD $3.83 Buy It Now 6 days
Crack The Sky 45 I Am The Walrus/Lighten Up McGraw (718) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $12.88 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES -Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Rare UK 7" Picture Disc Vinyl Record USD $54.69 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $22.19 Buy It Now 7 days
HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS // THE BEATLES 1967 CAPITOL 45 SINGLE 2056 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Boris With Merzbow - Walrus Groon LP - Green & Yellow Vinyl USD $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" b/w "HELLO GOODBYE" 45 RPM. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 8 days
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 1967 PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $3.11 Buy It Now 8 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus, Capital Promo CD Digipak Rare! USD $53.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.94 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus [CD New] USD $29.14 Buy It Now 8 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.94 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (UK, 20th anniversary picture dis USD $25.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $4.96 Buy It Now 9 days
Harry Deal & The Galaxies: This Love I Have / Walrus 45 - Soul USD $14.00 Buy It Now 9 days
45 Record: The Beatles "Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus" Capitol 2056 USD $6.36 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others I´ve seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"