WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
FissureFissure
Decibel Worship 1997
bakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm singlebakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm single
JANUS
Vinyl$10.00 (used)
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl US $9.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $106.12 Buy It Now 3h 28m
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS EX JAPAN PS 45! '60s HEAR Odeon US $19.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 7h 41m
THE BEATLES 45 on ODEON JAPAN PRESS IMPORT ~ I Am The Walrus / Hello, Goodbye US $9.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS NEW CD US $32.11 Buy It Now 8h 49m
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Capitol Records US $3.00 Buy It Now 9h 42m
SANDO for the walrus - 7" - US $0.99 [0 bids]
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus LP WHITE/GREEN VINYL unplayed US $35.24 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Spooky Tooth 7 single I Am The Walrus pink label Island original Germany US $8.95 [0 bids]
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 US $18.60 Buy It Now 19h 21m
Beatles Hello Goodbye-I Am The Walrus Capitol 7" US $16.99 [0 bids]
Baby Walrus by Baby Walrus (CD, Feb-2008, Slumber Party Records) US $3.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $94.69 [0 bids]
RANDY JACKSON**EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS**CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 4 Beatles 45 Records - Walrus, Hello, Let It Be, Yesterday, Apple Records US $19.95 [0 bids]
WALRUS - WALRUS [WALRUS] - NEW CD US $25.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus - Hard Rock & Garrage/Skate Punk Instrumentals - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS RESIST - Staring From The Abyss (CD 2010) Progressive Death Metal Atheist US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1967 Original Press Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus No. 2056 45 US $14.99 [0 bids]
Randy Jackson "Empathy for the Walrus: Songs of the Beatles" CD Zebra Rock US $2.50 [0 bids]
BORIS - WITH MERZBOW - WALRUS/ GROON - EP US $37.54 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Limited edition Box 45 / T-SHIRT Hello Goodbye/ I am the Walrus NEW US $23.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Baby Walrus [CD New] US $13.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Walrus (NEW CD) US $18.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Styx Big Bang Theory CD NEW SEALED 2005 I Am The Walrus/I Can See For Miles+ US $8.15 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single US $13.05 [0 bids]
Baby Walrus [Vinyl New] US $17.79 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 45 1967 Capitol 2056 US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45~~Capitol Swirl 2056~~I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye EX VG+ US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus US $6.53 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES hello goodbye / i am the walrus 7" VG CAPITOL 2056 Vinyl 1967 Record US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - THUJA - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Baby Walrus CD US $16.55 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 US $18.34 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff ISLAND 85 685 IT GERMANY I Am The Walrus EX LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45PS HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS UK US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE RESIDENTS Eskimo LP 1979 The Walrus Hunt Birth The Angry Angaka 2nd Pressi US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45's 7 of them with sleeves, Let Be, Walrus,Jude,Wind Road,Lord,Oko,HIHI US $36.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL 45RPM US $55.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS US $6.53 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" Good condition US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" pic sleeve VG- vinyl G+ US $22.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" VG condition US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher US $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Empathy For The Walrus:music/beatles - Jackson,Randy US $9.97 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Import 45 & Picture Sleeve HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles: I Am The Walrus Mini Guitar Keyring US $9.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12"vinyl LP SunnO))) Hydrahead US $35.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LOT OF 2 VINYL RECORD 45 SINGLE BEATLE ELEANOR RIGBY I AM THE WALRUS CANADIAN US $3.25 [0 bids]
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy US $5.31 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus UK 7" 1967 vg US $8.15 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS US $6.52 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES- HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 7" VG CAPITOL 2056 Vinyl 1967 Record US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am the Walrus" G- condition US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am Walrus 3" Single CDS 1989 OOP Japan Rare !!!!! US $12.81 [0 bids]
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS" 2056 PSYCH (1967) 7" SINGLE 45 PSYCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BABY WALRUS - BABY WALRUS - NEW CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - W/OBI J-POP #50 US $6.98 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS - WHO CAN I TRUST/TOMORROW NEVER COMES - DERAM UK 1970 DEMO US $32.66 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am The Walrus 45 RPM. 7' Vinyl UK Parlophone NM US $39.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL RECORDS 45 VG!!! K US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles HELLO, GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus first press UK 45 record! 1967 US $0.99 [0 bids]
LES DeMERLE I Am The Walrus/ The Raven UA 50458 Juggy Murray 7" 45 Beatles tune US $9.97 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS VARIANT LABEL UK ISSUE 1967 US $0.98 [0 bids]
HOMBRE Rhythm & Roll Walrus Private Press Jazz Funk Breaks STILL SEALED LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" UK Parlophone label R5655 US $13.06 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS US $11.41 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS "WHO CAN I TRUST / TOMORROW NEVER COMES" 1970 DERAM US $6.53 [0 bids]
VINTAGE:45*BEATLES*Capitol*SWIRL LABEL*I am the WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE*2056* US $2.49 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 1st DUTCH 7" *PARLOPHONE* RARE 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS PRIVATE OBSCIURE...VERY RARE HEAVY EX US $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS RARE BRAZIL 33 RPM 7" '1967 US $16.33 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles 45 rpm Hello GoodbyeI Am The Walrus 2056 US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Dutch Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $13.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus, 1968 Capitol Rock VG++ US $5.00 [0 bids]
Hombre LP First Shot Private Press on Walrus Sweet Maya Hard Rock Jazz Funk US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " "I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RPM Record Capitol w/ Sleeve US $19.50 [0 bids]
BEATLES I am the Walrus/Hello , Goodbye EMI/ODEON FO 106 French 7 inch 45rpm US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SINGLE 7" RECORD US $6.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Good Life 1" Blue Circle Pin Cirular WALRUS US $3.00 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS s/t LP 1972 Janus orig VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES - RARE - 2 TRACK PROMO CD - I AM THE WALRUS - SWIRL DESIGN US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO, GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 1967 7" 45 FRANCE EXC US $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 45 Single Record Capitol 2056 US $7.70 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $15.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] US $20.92 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus ~ 1967 45 rpm Record US $6.00 Buy It Now 6 days
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL US $16.50 Buy It Now 7 days
45 RPM, The Beatles, Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus, Parlophone R5655, UK, G US $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare US $59.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW US $20.93 Buy It Now 7 days
(OK2) The Beatles I Am the Walrus Retro Issue EMI Records Excellent US $9.80 Buy It Now 7 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE US $11.41 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"