WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]
Esoteric
Baby Walrus - S/T Vinyl LP Slumber Party Records indie USD $13.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [CD New] USD $15.11 Buy It Now 2h 8m
The Beatles hello goodbye- i am the walrus 45 RPM capitol records 2056 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 "I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE" CAPITOL 2056 SWIRL LABEL USD $4.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Nice Copy USD $49.99 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $20.07 Buy It Now 12h 28m
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.19 Buy It Now 12h 40m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus ~ 1967 45 rpm Record USD $4.50 Buy It Now 15h 48m
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $22.99 Buy It Now 20h 54m
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL USD $12.38 Buy It Now 21h 54m
45 RPM, The Beatles, Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus, Parlophone R5655, UK, G USD $4.00 Buy It Now 22h 14m
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl USD $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 15m
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare USD $53.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Fab-Gere & The Permissive Society - I Am The Walrus. RARE uk CASSINGLE USD $7.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Baby Walrus (2008, Vinyl New) USD $19.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW USD $20.93 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
(OK2) The Beatles I Am the Walrus Retro Issue EMI Records Excellent USD $9.44 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" UK Parlophone label R5655 USD $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am The Walrus 45 RPM. 7' Vinyl UK Parlophone NM USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTAGE & ORIGINAL BEATLES UK SHEET MUSIC 1967 I AM THE WALRUS USD $103.79 [14 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $4.00 Buy It Now
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- USD $3.12 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Japanese Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Belgian Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Boris With Merzbow -Walrus/Groom - white/green/yellow vinyl LP - hyrda head USD $16.50 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7 inch single "Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus' Odeon w Picture Sleeve USD $15.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su USD $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The BEATLES I Am The Walrus 7" 45 US Capitol 1967 USD $5.23 [3 bids]
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE USD $15.99 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - VINYL 45' USD $7.85 Buy It Now 2 days
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
ARCWELDER I Am The Walrus 7" Red/clear Vinyl B/w Sign O' The Times Pic Sleeve U USD $8.24 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $36.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS USD $3.13 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-VG-45-CAPITOL-CANADA USD $12.99 [0 bids]
USD $16.99 Buy It Now
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Hello, Goodbye b/w I Am the Walrus Beatles PS and Record USD $4.99 [1 bids]
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD USD $15.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl USD $78.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus I Believed 1980 Paradice Records Rare New Wave 7" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 (Great sound from him..fierce drums USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $110.06 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl USD $9.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED AUCTION USD $20.99 [0 bids]
OLIVER WALRUS Me, Myself And I! LP Tiger Lily TL 14038 Mega-Rare Soul Funk NM USD $595.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES~45 RPM "HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 2056 M USD $6.95 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye Record & Sleeve Capitol 2056 USD $5.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles Import 45 & Picture Sleeve HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " "I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RPM Record Capitol w/ Sleeve USD $19.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 USD $27.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - 45 - 1967 - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 2056 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race,walrus And Cowboy UK USD $8.24 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $8.24 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $8.24 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Collectors Tin - Hello Good Bye I am the Walrus - Store Cards Seeds + USD $4.70 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD USD $5.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Barry White - Collection [Universal] (2001) Cd Love Walrus USD $3.07 Buy It Now 3 days
STYX "I AM THE WALRUS" 2005 UNPLAYED-2TRK CD+MUSIC VID.DVD RARE ADVANCE PROMO USD $10.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS VG+ CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL- 1967 USD $9.10 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles "Hello Goodbye ,I am the Walrus"45 USD $29.95 [0 bids]
WALRUS 1972 self-title LP psych rock US Janus JLS 3051 in shrink CLEAN! USD $9.98 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Parlophone Import 45 w/picture cover USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.99 Buy It Now
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW USD $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
???THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1967??? USD $11.93 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES hello goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm GERMANY IMPORT rarest 1967 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $17.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES hello, goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm DENMARK rarest 1967 USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $18.99 Buy It Now
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD USD $15.32 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $8.24 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $8.24 Buy It Now 4 days
Oasis - Cigarettes and Alcohol / I am the Walrus - Cigarette Box Cassette. 1994 USD $1.56 [1 bids]
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $12.66 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus SEALED Longbox CD 3" CD Rare USD $29.99 [0 bids]
USD $69.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS " RARE 45 CAPITOL 2056 RED LABEL USD $9.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus * 7" GERMAN 45 PS ODEON 0 23660 USD $45.00 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS Your eyes (Femmes, femmes) Rare French 7 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus DUTCH 7" 45 with M- PICTURE SLEEVE USD $35.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles 2 LP 1967-70 Let It Be/Something/I Am The Walrus/Revolution VG+/VG++ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P USD $5.90 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES 45~~Capitol Swirl 2056~~I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye EX VG+ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 PARLOPHONE 1ST PRESSING 1967 USD $0.79 [1 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish Only Parlophone R 5655 USD $15.71 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ USD $29.95 Buy It Now 6 days
STYX I am the Walrus EDIT TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD single BEATLES remake cover trk USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS s/t LP 1972 Janus orig VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles UNPLAYED I AM THE WALRUS 45 W PICTURE SLEEVE/STUNNING LIMITED PRESS!! USD $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES BY JACKSON,RANDY (CD) USD $18.02 Buy It Now 7 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / instr. ~ALL STAR VG++/VG+ Beatles related rock USD $8.49 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES - RARE - 2 TRACK PROMO CD - I AM THE WALRUS - SWIRL DESIGN USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE USD $7.53 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"