WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Maybe Tonight by WalrusMaybe Tonight by Walrus
Ravensbourne
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $40.00 Buy It Now
HOMBRE First Shot LP Walrus Records JAZZ FUNK Shrinkwrap USD $6.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
OASIS Cigarettes & Alcohol / I Am The Walrus/ Fade Away ORIGINAL UK MAXI EP USD $6.49 [2 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus:music/beatles - Randy Jackson Compact Disc USD $15.40 Buy It Now 8h 41m
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.42 Buy It Now 9h 49m
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.25 Buy It Now 11h 14m
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 25m
45 Record: The Beatles "Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus" Capitol 2056 USD $2.95 [0 bids]
(GG390) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.73 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Hash, I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Excellent Single USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES:"I'm the Walrus"RARE SPAIN 45 PS-ODEON RARE TO SEE-1967-COLLECT. SEE USD $13.99 [4 bids]
OASIS - CRESCD190 - CIGARETTES & ALCOHOL - CD SINGLE 1994 - I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.48 [0 bids]
I Am The Walrus Hello Goodbye UK original 1967 vinyl 45 Beatles R5655 Parlophone USD $7.67 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vol. 2-Favorite Fifty Strawberry Walrus Audio CD USD $42.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICKY RICK NELSON GARDEN PARTY+SO LONG MAMA 45RPM-Yoko Brought Her Walrus! USD $10.12 Buy It Now 1 day
There Are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus (2011, CD New) USD $20.73 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS usa apple 2056 7" single USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles 45 r.p.m. I am a Walrus/ Hello Goodbye USD $6.24 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES PICTURE SLEEVE/45 CAPITOL LABEL 2056 I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE - I AM THE WALRUS WITH CAPITAL RECORDS LABEL 45 RPM USD $2.95 Buy It Now 2 days
1967 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PARLOPHONE 45 VINYL FIRST PRESSING USD $18.70 [0 bids]
Beatles Hello Goodbye 7" Parlophone R5655 VG 1967 Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $7.49 [0 bids]
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE, VALENTINE'S DAY MUSIC USD $1.97 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $20.77 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye" / "I Am The Walrus" 45 RPM Vinyl (Capital 2056) USD $6.30 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.63 Buy It Now 2 days
In His Life-The John Lennon Story - Strawberry Walrus (2008, CD New) USD $17.43 Buy It Now 3 days
hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single, BEATLES,Good, Vinyl 45/7" with pi USD $55.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $37.41 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus & Hello, Goodbye Record Rare 1967 USD $1.24 [0 bids]
25mm The Beatles I Am The Walrus Badge New Official Band Merch USD $1.24 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 I AM THE WALRUS PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P3 USD $8.72 Buy It Now 3 days
CD: Oasis - Wonderwall EP 5 Tracks 1995 I Am The Walrus Live Round Are Way Talk USD $7.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.62 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.23 Buy It Now 3 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belarus Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $77.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $4.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - VIRUS - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 7Tracks USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Oliver Walrus 2 Audio CD USD $29.28 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES.I AM THE WALRUS. 8 X 10 GLOSSY FRAMED PRINT BY PHILIPPE MORA, USD $12.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus ORIG 7" CAPITOL 45 w/ PICTURE SLEEVE PS USD $15.50 [5 bids]
BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - 7" VINYL SINGLE (ORIGINAL) USD $3.73 [0 bids]
Beatles 6 x singles I feel fine, Yellow submarine, Please please me,Walrus + 2 USD $3.73 [0 bids]
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Odeon FO 106 Import France Rare USD $25.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.24 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY : I AM THE WALRUS CD UK PIGLET 1993 USD $3.83 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.62 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL US Capitol 1988 B/W I Am The Walrus (2056) USD $8.47 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.31 Buy It Now 4 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $3.92 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $18.58 Buy It Now 4 days
EX Original A&M LP by SPOOKY TOOTH "The Last Puff" I Am The Walrus cover USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Barry White The Walrus Of Love Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $20.57 Buy It Now 4 days
Baby Walrus (Dig) Audio CD USD $43.91 Buy It Now 4 days
Crack The Sky 45 I Am The Walrus/Lighten Up McGraw (718) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $12.88 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $22.21 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 1967 Netherlands 7" 45 EX P/S USD $24.64 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES LOT OF 3 45'S I AM THE WALRUS/I FEEL FINE/YESTERDAY CAPITOL LP-RECORD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Boris With Merzbow - Walrus Groon LP - Green & Yellow Vinyl USD $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus Italy rare misprint 45rpm 7" USD $44.99 [0 bids]
USD $69.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles " Hello goodbye/ I am the Walrus " 7 inch single USD $3.12 [0 bids]
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 1967 PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $2.50 Buy It Now 6 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus, Capital Promo CD Digipak Rare! USD $53.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.10 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus [CD New] USD $28.94 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES - The Lost Lennon Tapes Vol 1-22 Complete Set (Walrus Records) CD USD $250.00 [0 bids]
USD $350.00 Buy It Now
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.10 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (UK, 20th anniversary picture dis USD $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS same CD ss UK 70s prog psych rock bonus song L@@K USD $19.48 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles 45 Rpm HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - IMPORT GREAT BRITAIN USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $4.98 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" b/w "HELLO GOODBYE" 45 RPM. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
the beatles. hello goodbye-i am a walrus. parlophone r 5655. nr mint. USD $14.97 [0 bids]
Harry Deal & The Galaxies: This Love I Have / Walrus 45 - Soul USD $14.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye /I'm The Walrus"1967,1st press,CORRECT SLEEVE! USD $12.16 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $11.24 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" 45rpm Capitol Records 2056-1967 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Rare Capitol Target Label 45 USD $11.50 [3 bids]
The Beatles- Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus - 7" Single EMI-Odeon - Japan USD $18.73 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES 1967 I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOOD BYE CAPITOL 2056 45RPM VG++ EXCELLENT USD $27.96 Buy It Now 8 days
HELLO GOODBYE, I AM THE WALRUS, THE BEATLES ,LENNON, MCCARTNEY 45 RPM VINYL 7" USD $14.23 Buy It Now 8 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 8 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Beatles 'Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus' Picture Sleeve & Single, Limited Ed. USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES 7" HELLO, GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS. UK PARLOPHONE R5655 1967 USD $3.68 [0 bids]

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others I´ve seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"