WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
FissureFissure
Decibel Worship 1997
CRACK THE SKY-LIVE SKY 1978 LIFESONG RECORDS LP JZ 35620 EX. VG+ I AM THE WALRUS US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL 45RPM US $55.00 Buy It Now 2h
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #1 US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #2 US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #3 US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 -Excellent US $6.99 [0 bids]
3h
LES DeMERLE I Am The Walrus/ The Raven UA 50458 Juggy Murray 7" 45 Beatles tune US $9.98 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" Good condition US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy US $5.39 Buy It Now 3h 42m
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" pic sleeve VG- vinyl G+ US $22.00 Buy It Now 3h 47m
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" VG condition US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ US $2.00 [0 bids]
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES - Jackson,Randy US $9.97 Buy It Now 5h 22m
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus Mini Guitar Keyring, New US $9.44 Buy It Now 6h 36m
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" LIME GREEN LABEL CAPITOL PROMO P 2056 US $250.00 Buy It Now 8h 21m
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12"vinyl LP SunnO))) Hydrahead US $45.00 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 23m
THE BEATLES coffee mug HELLO GOODBYE Walrus 60s Pop Fab Four Christmas Gift bn US $6.12 Buy It Now 21h 41m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus UK 7" 1967 vg US $8.27 Buy It Now 22h 6m
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS US $6.61 Buy It Now 22h 24m
There are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $30.12 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES I Am The Walrus VG- 45 RPM US $0.99 [0 bids]
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher US $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS" 2056 PSYCH (1967) 7" SINGLE 45 PSYCH US $11.97 Buy It Now 1 day
BABY WALRUS - BABY WALRUS - NEW CD US $10.01 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS-Never Gonna Let My Body Touch The Ground/Why-45-PS-DERAM DM323=GEMA-NM US $74.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - W/OBI J-POP #50 US $3.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The beatles hello goodbye and i am the walrus record US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am The Walrus 45 RPM. 7' Vinyl UK Parlophone NM US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL RECORDS 45 VG!!! K US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS w/PIC SLEEVE 45rpm Mono VINYL SINGLE US $24.95 [1 bids]
The beatles-Limited edition Box-includes- Hello Goodbye/ I am the Walrus-Exclu US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Promo CD Single 'Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus' Near Mint Capitol US $35.00 [1 bids]
BEATLES I am the Walrus/Hello , Goodbye EMI/ODEON FO 106 French 7 inch 45rpm US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Oasis: Cigarettes & Alcohol / I Am The Walrus 7" vinyl Creation Records 45RPM US $22.38 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am Walrus 3" Single CDS 1989 OOP Japan Rare !!!!! US $19.79 [0 bids]
SANDO for the walrus - 7" - US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " "I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RPM Record Capitol w/ Sleeve US $19.50 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] US $20.92 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus ~ 1967 45 rpm Record US $4.50 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN LENNON THE COLLECTION CASSETTE TAPE BEATLES YOKO 1989 CAPITOL WALRUS SOLO US $4.00 [0 bids]
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL US $16.50 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RPM, The Beatles, Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus, Parlophone R5655, UK, G US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 45 record Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Capitol 1967 US $1.25 [2 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare US $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES EP DAY IN THE LIFE, AM THE WALRUS,STRAWBERRY FIELDS,COME TOGETHER US $7.99 [1 bids]
8 Beatles Lennon 45 records lot Hold your hand I am the Walrus Paperback Writer US $4.99 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW US $20.93 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 7" Vinyl + L/XL T-Shirt US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
(OK2) The Beatles I Am the Walrus Retro Issue EMI Records Excellent US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
JACKSON,RANDY-EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES CD NEW US $14.02 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE US $11.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- US $3.12 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodby / I Am the Walrus Vinyl Single US $4.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su US $27.99 Buy It Now 5 days
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE US $15.99 [0 bids]
BABY WALRUS - Baby Walrus - CD US $25.93 Buy It Now 5 days
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM US $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
CAPITOL #2056 45RPM THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 rpm Hello Goodbye\I Am The Walrus 2056 US $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 EX+ F1/F3 STUNNING 2056 US $36.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS US $3.30 Buy It Now 5 days
45RPM CAPITOL RECORD THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE COLLECTIBLE PHONO US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (2 HITS ON 1) 45 RPM RECORD US $7.00 [0 bids]
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles - "I am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye" Capitol Canada 2056 first pressing US $8.95 [0 bids]
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl US $82.87 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl US $116.02 Buy It Now 6 days
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD US $16.15 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (rare rock & pop 45) US $50.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus I Believed 1980 Paradice Records Rare New Wave 7" US $8.39 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON FOS 106 I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Parlophone EMI Gt Britain import 45 7" US $5.00 [0 bids]
Randy Jackson "Empathy for the Walrus: Songs of the Beatles" CD Zebra Rock US $3.00 [0 bids]
Beatles (UK) P/S 7" Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus US $16.97 [0 bids]
45rpm Beatles/i am the walrus/ hello goodbye US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 45 Vg+ Capitol 2056 US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Baby Walrus by Baby Walrus (CD, Feb-2008, Slumber Party Records) US $3.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 US $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES hello goodbye 7" b/w i am the walrus which is i am a walrus" on the labe US $42.54 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES,WALRUS/SOMETHING/GET BACK/OVER/EASY/BACK,10 SINGLE JOB LOT,7" VINYL US $1.64 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 45 Single Record Capitol 2056 US $7.70 Buy It Now 6 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White 2 CD album (Double CD) Dutch WHITE213 US $15.73 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles Collectors Tin - Hello Good Bye I am the Walrus - Store Cards Seeds + US $4.96 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS Your eyes (Femmes, femmes) Rare French 7 US $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD US $5.75 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7 inch Single US $1.64 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I'm The Walrus Turkey & Turkish Edition Unique PS 7" US $30.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 45 1967 Capitol 2056 US $6.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel US $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW US $6.69 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD US $16.15 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"