WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
walrus LPwalrus LP
Janus
Vinyl$1.47 (used)
The Beatles: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus [7" 45RPM 1967 Capitol 2056] USD $20.00 [1 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson USD $15.72 Buy It Now 4h 46m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye + I Am the Walrus (RARE BRAZILIAN pressing) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 19m
The Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus ~Capitol VG USD $2.50 [0 bids]
WALRUS Songs LP NEW SEALED VINYL IMPORT PSYCH ROCK GUERSSEN RECORDS USD $22.99 Buy It Now 9h 35m
The Beatles "I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye" 1967 Capitol 7" 45RPM 2056 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 45m
The Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Picture Sleeve Capitol 2056 USD $15.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - 45 - 1967 - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 2056 USD $9.09 Buy It Now 21h 11m
Beatles - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - Canada USD $5.57 [7 bids]
Randy Jackson Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope Cd USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 G USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS s/t LP 1972 Janus orig VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES vinyl 45 RPMs Twist And Shout + Lay Madonna + I Am The Walrus USD $11.99 [0 bids]
VENOMOUS WALRUS - VENOMOUS WALRUS NEW CD USD $16.38 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES~45 RPM "HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 2056 M USD $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
OLIVER WALRUS - OLIVER WALRUS NEW CD USD $22.75 Buy It Now 1 day
OLIVER WALRUS - OLIVER WALRUS 2 NEW CD USD $20.84 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Walt Disney, 2 Alice In Wonderland Records, Walrus Carpenter, World Of My Own USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 w/Sleeve USD $9.99 [0 bids]
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $76.15 Buy It Now 2 days
BORIS WITH MERZBOW "WALRUS/GROON" 12" YELLOW/WHITE VINYL MELVINS sunnO))) ISIS USD $22.99 [0 bids]
Walrus - S/T 1972 American r&b/psych rock vinyl record. Original Gatefold USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus JAPAN 7" OR1838áJapanese USD $12.17 [0 bids]
BEATLES FOREVER SERIES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" WITH SLEEVE CANADA USD $6.75 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Hallmark LAM3120 Lyricology Collection "I Am The Walrus" Blue Mug USD $36.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Sealed Original Gatefold Psych Rock LP : Walrus ~Everyone Deserves A Fat Chance USD $40.00 [0 bids]
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $6.86 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS/PATSY BUTTERFIELD - hard rock & garage/skate punk instrumentals CD Promo USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I am Walrus Rare French Export 1967 original 7" vinyl USD $9.90 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES hello, goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm DENMARK rarest 1967 USD $8.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES hello goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm GERMANY IMPORT rarest 1967 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Capitol Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1967 THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS on CAPITOL # 2056 'Maclen' USD $7.77 [0 bids]
Vol. 2-Mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus (2009, CD New) USD $14.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles by Randy Jackson- ZEBRA USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodye / I am the Walrus - ITALY PRESS 7" - PARLOPHONE USD $3.03 [0 bids]
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Japan '77 reissue, PS insert, w/ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Turkey Turkish PS 7" NO RESERVE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye + I Am the Walrus (RARE BRAZILIAN pressing) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Pic Sleeve USD $34.44 Buy It Now 3 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $15.88 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $69.97 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW USD $2.27 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles- Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - PARLOPHONE 7" USD $1.51 [0 bids]
WALRUS: Who Can I Trust 45 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CAPITOL 45rpm THE BEATLES "I Am The Walrus"/ "Hello Goodbye" CDN Press USD $5.98 [0 bids]
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus Irish Pressing Excellent USD $38.01 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $85.30 [0 bids]
31028 Beatles Hello Goodbye I AM Walrus Plane 60s Group Band Refrigerator Magnet USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles : I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye *SINGAPORE* USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles New York Times Bak Pak Interview Picture Disc Collection USD $45.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Golden Record RD21 (Walrus & the Carpenter) Tweedle-Dum (1951) 6" 78 rpm EX USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Boris with Merzbow Walrus/Groon LP green Vinyl USD $15.00 [0 bids]
Beatles RARE Japan 7 single Hello Goodbye I am the walrus VINYL Mccartney Lennon USD $12.00 [0 bids]
Walrus CD USD $28.69 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - VINYL 45' USD $7.60 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - VINYL 45' USD $6.08 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $28.78 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $7.98 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE Beatles Hello Goodbye/Walrus UK 7" single DECCA pressing R5655 USD $9.06 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single USD $12.17 [0 bids]
The Beatles Capitol 2056 I am The Walrus and Hello Goodbye USD $4.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Framed The Beatles I Am The Walrus Poster Mounted In Black Frame (Poster A4size) USD $15.16 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles US 45 Capitol 2056 Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $6.00 [0 bids]
CRACK THE SKY-LIVE SKY 1978 LIFESONG RECORDS LP JZ 35620 EX. VG+ I AM THE WALRUS USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS s/t LP on JANUS --- psych / rock --- SEALED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES-3 INCH CD (CD3)-HELLO GOODBYE C/W I AM THE WALRUS- JOHN PAUL GEORGE RNGO USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB - GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY / I AM THE WALRUS CD, SEE EMILY PLAY USD $1.51 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY : I AM THE WALRUS CD UK PIGLET 1993 USD $3.25 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES RARE DEMO I AM THE WALRUS LP CRACK THE SKY LENNON MCCARTNEY PROMO MINT USD $10.00 [0 bids]
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES "EX+" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT ISSUE USD $30.45 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $12.78 Buy It Now 5 days
Walt Disney, 2 Alice In Wonderland Records, Walrus Carpenter, World Of My Own USD $19.99 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES, THE - I Am the Walrus:T-shirt:NEW:LARGE ONLY USD $23.32 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES, THE - I Am the Walrus:T-shirt:NEW:MEDIUM ONLY USD $23.32 Buy It Now 6 days
Les Demerle "I Am The Walrus/The Raven" UA 50458 M- USD $50.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus- walrus (CD) USD $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 6 days
(ROCK 45) THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE (PS) USD $30.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE - I AM THE WALRUS 1st PRESS 1967 PARLOPHONE LABEL USD $1.52 [0 bids]
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye" "I Am The Walrus", R5655, 7" Vinyl, 45RPM, Single USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus 1972 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus Gumboot - Vintage Fan club Photograph 6 X 4 USD $3.81 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Solid Centre USD $14.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES 1967 I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOOD BYE CAPITOL 2056 45RPM VG++ EXCELLENT USD $34.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.02 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI USD $11.95 Buy It Now 7 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $88.98 Buy It Now 7 days
CD walrus
WALRUS
~ USD $7.67

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"