WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Fissure by Walrus (1997-02-26)Fissure by Walrus (1997-02-26)
Decibel Worship
WALRUS Walrus MINI LP CD USD $14.95 Buy It Now 11h 59m
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES BY JACKSON,RANDY (CD) USD $18.02 Buy It Now 16h
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $120.00 Buy It Now 19h 35m
THE BEATLES, HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS, 1967 1ST PRESS 7" PARLOPHONE, VG+ USD $5.76 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $2.24 Buy It Now 20h 31m
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $6.77 Buy It Now 21h 16m
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $3.75 Buy It Now 21h 16m
Walrus Lp 1972 Rare Rock w Bugs Pemberton USD $6.50 [1 bids]
BEATLES~HELLO GOODBYE~NEAR MINT~I AM THE WALRUS~CAPITOL 2056~ POP 45 USD $69.99 Buy It Now 21h 33m
WALRUS S/t CD 7 Track Digitally Remastered GERMAN Black Rose 1999 USD $20.78 Buy It Now 21h 43m
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $12.11 Buy It Now 21h 43m
SOLID SILVER SUMMERTIME / WALRUS MUSIC EXCELLENT ORIGINAL SINGLE FROM 1976 USD $1.44 Buy It Now 22h
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $6.77 Buy It Now 22h 27m
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $3.75 Buy It Now 22h 40m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus-UK-VG USD $2.87 [0 bids]
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus .. USD $1.43 [1 bids]
Hombre 45 Judee's Song / Dead In The Water ~ Walrus VG Kalamazoo 80's rock USD $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $80.84 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL 7" USD $97.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH-I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN 7" USD $97.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCK 45 WALRUS - Bakersfield Boogie Boy USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES_I Am The Walrus_Hello Goodbye__used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a USD $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus The Beatles single Parlophone Lennon McCartney 67 USD $8.59 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles LP Magical Mystery Tour I Am The Walrus Strawberry Fields VG+ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RANDY JACKSON OF ZEBRA - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS -MUSIC OF THE BEATLES - LIKE NEW USD $6.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye /I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish 1967 Parlophone R 5655 USD $27.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Demo - Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus RARE!!! USD $578.93 [16 bids]
THE BEATLES i am de walrus / hello, goodbye PROMO 7" GUATEMALA VG USD $19.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS EAR20236 EP ws0739 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, I AM THE WALRUS, HELLO GOODBYE, 45RPM, PARLOPHONE RECORDS, R5655 USD $4.50 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles, Songs Of Hope CD (CD) USD $22.19 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM WALRUS CAPITOL ORANGE LABEL HAS MONO 1976 LOS ANGELES USD $8.00 [1 bids]
45 rpm 7 inch record BEATLES TARGET Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus 2056 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
12" promo CRACK THE SKY I Am the Walrus long/short 1978 great Beatles cover NM USD $6.95 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS Self Titled LP 1972 US ORIG Janus JLS 3051 Gatefold Cover USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea [CD New] USD $12.21 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV USD $10.54 Buy It Now 2 days
Mike Fab-Gere-I Am The Walrus/See Emily Play~Near Mint UK Rock 45+Picture Sleeve USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS -WHO CAN I TRUST MOD DANCER 7" 45 PSYCH ROCK PROG DERAM KILLER LISTEN USD $36.09 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY CAPITOL SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY CAPITOL SLEEVE #1 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS usa apple 2056 MINT MINUS pop 7" single USD $57.75 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "REEL MUSIC" CASSETTE 1982 HARD DAYS NIGHT I AM THE WALRUS USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! USD $93.83 Buy It Now 2 days
EXC LP~WALRUS~Self Titled~{Original 1972~JANUS~Gatefold~WHITE LABEL PROMO~Issue] USD $13.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Crack the Sky promo 45 rpm "I Am The Walrus" (Beatles cover) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
OLIVER WALRUS ~ ME, MYSELF AND I! ~ RARE LP TIGER LILY SOUL FUNK Tax Scam USD $199.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Argent Walrus Gumboot Sidewinder Malvern Winter Gardens 26/1/75 Ticket USD $10.08 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS AR1838 EP ws3353 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP ws3346 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI USD $13.85 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS SEALED PROG.ROCK LP-1972-JANUS LABEL-GATEFOLD COVER-OBSCURE "MUST HAVE" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus LP WHITE/GREEN VINYL unplayed USD $46.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $7.22 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN RED VINYL 45 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES hello goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm GERMANY IMPORT rarest 1967 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 LOT CAPITOL 2056 5810 5327 5150 WALRUS PENNY STRAWBERRY WOMAN LOVE USD $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye bw I Am The Walrus" Picture Disc USD $29.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 1967 vinyl 45rpm single I AM THE WALRUS USD $7.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Oliver Walrus [CD New] USD $20.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus (9) - Now You Know CD USD $2.87 Buy It Now 4 days
MINT EXCELLENT LN VGC Walrus - Now You Know CD USD $1.43 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP ws4037 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
STYX - I Am The Walrus - Beatles cover song (2 discs, CD, DVD) promo cd, single USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45 7" record NEW RARE + juke box strip USD $31.85 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS-NEVER GONNA LET MY BODY TOUCH THE GROUND/WHY RARE UK 7'' 1971 EX+ DERAM USD $39.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles, Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus, 45 Variety without "Subsidiary Of" USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
OASIS I Am The Walrus CREATION 12" VERY RARE ONE SIDED UK ORIGINAL PROMO CTP190 USD $864.81 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Vinyl 45 w/Picture Sleeve-West Coast USD $6.99 [1 bids]
Lot of 5 vintage Beatles 45 rpm records Walrus Hold Your Hand Revolution - SCT USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP ws4990 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Harry Deal & Galaxies 45 This Love I Have / Walrus ~ VG++ USD $13.68 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE"/ "I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 45 USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.21 Buy It Now 5 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy USD $4.89 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES 45 & PS Hello Goodbye And I Am The Walrus. Capital Records 2056 USD $19.00 [0 bids]
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus 45 w/ picture sleeve, Capitol 2056 USD $19.97 [0 bids]
Oasis - Wonderwall [5 Track EP] CD Epic1995 (49K 78204) CD only- I Am The Walrus USD $3.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - The End of the Earth Show - Autographed! Triple J Unearthed JJJ USD $14.16 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles, I Am The Walrus ( Australian Parlophone ) First Press, A-8273 USD $1.43 [1 bids]
The Beatles...I Am Walrus/Hello Goodbye...original pressing. USD $99.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL 45RPM USD $55.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SPACE WALRUS Searchin + Grazin In The Grass EX PROMO Athena 45 rpm PSYCH ACID USD $12.00 [0 bids]
CANADA 1960s CAPITOL 2056 45 RPM THE BEATLES : HELLO GOODBYE + I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
45 RPM RECORD: THE BEATLES: HELLO GOODBYE B/W I AM THE WALRUS (VG+) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL PURPLE LABEL MANUFACTURED 1988 NM! USD $6.00 [1 bids]
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $5.79 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS - WALRUS (IMPORT) NEW CD USD $49.53 Buy It Now 6 days
PROMO Walrus Who Can I Trust / Tomorrow Never Comes 1970 45rpm VG++ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles 45 RPM Record I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye / Lennon - Paul McCartney USD $0.99 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS USD $5.76 Buy It Now 6 days
HUMANDRONE/WALRUS - Rizing Field - Vinyl (12") USD $14.22 Buy It Now 6 days
10-BEATLES CAPITOL 45s ALL DIFFERENT:HOLD YOUR HAND,TICKET TO RIDE,WALRUS ECT USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Purple Label 45 RPM Vinyl USD $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others I´ve seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"