WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]
Esoteric
Oliver Walrus [CD New] USD $17.08 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Beatles,Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Capitol swirl-Vg 1967 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
THE BEATLES / EP MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR/ YOUR MOTHER SHOULD KNOW/ I Am WALRUS/1967 USD $7.35 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Hello goodbye / I am the walrus 7" vinyl (rare 1st pressing) USD $1.55 [1 bids]
The Beatles 45 RPM SINGLE : HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 16h 52m
Walrus: Walrus Janus 3051 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 16h 57m
CRACK THE SKY-LIVE SKY 1978 LIFESONG RECORDS LP JZ 35620 EX. VG+ I AM THE WALRUS USD $8.99 Buy It Now 21h 52m
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Hash, Good Single USD $7.96 Buy It Now 23h 59m
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus CD Clock with gift box USD $23.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles UNPLAYED I AM THE WALRUS 45 W PICTURE SLEEVE/STUNNING LIMITED PRESS!! USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Oasis, Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus Audio CD USD $5.91 Buy It Now 1 day
MEMTONE & SOOSH Memoosh 2x LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle Sekuoia Walrus Ghost USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BARRY WHITE..GREATEST HITS..EX+..12 INCH LP..99P START..THE WALRUS OF LOVE USD $1.55 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus - 7" 45rpm Single - [R 5655] USD $15.63 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus SEALED Longbox CD 3" CD Rare USD $29.99 [0 bids]
USD $69.99 Buy It Now
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Walrus (CD New) USD $15.81 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS I Am The Walrus CREATION 12" VERY RARE ONE SIDED TEST PRESSING CTP190 USD $1,406.49 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am Walrus 3" Single CDS 1989 OOP Japan Rare !!!!! USD $3.71 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS" 2056 PSYCH (1967) 7" SINGLE 45 PSYCH USD $10.97 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45-2056 Maclen Credits USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Hombre 45 Judee's Song / Dead In The Water ~ Walrus VG Kalamazoo 80's rock USD $11.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Hemet High School Jazz Band CD Only Forever Walrus Records USD $10.00 [0 bids]
****BEATLES RARE UK-only 7" PICTURE DISC "HELLO GOODBYE/WALRUS": 1987 M- 45!**** USD $33.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $4.00 Buy It Now
BEATLES 45 "I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE" CAPITOL 2056 SWIRL LABEL USD $4.00 [0 bids]
ROCK 45 WALRUS - Bakersfield Boogie Boy USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Barry White - Collection [Universal] (2001) Cd Love Walrus USD $3.05 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus. Parlophone, 45 rpm, 7", Aust Press USD $4.89 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES_I Am The Walrus_Hello Goodbye__used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a USD $9.80 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles LP Magical Mystery Tour I Am The Walrus Strawberry Fields VG+ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
7"-Single BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (1967) FRANCE PS USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles hello goodbye- i am the walrus 45 RPM capitol records 2056 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Walrus [CD New] USD $17.66 Buy It Now 2 days
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE USD $15.99 [0 bids]
China Gates/Walrus In Memorium - Adams/Riley (1998, CD New) CD-R USD $15.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" single USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus .. USD $6.26 [0 bids]
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 2 USD $15.63 Buy It Now 3 days
REV VS. THE WALRUS OF LOVE - LET THE MUSIC PLAY - 12" USD $4.98 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES 7" 45 I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE USD $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES 45 RPM VINYL - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - Fair Condition USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles HELLO, GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS Holland pressing vg++ USD $8.99 [0 bids]
Beat Rock 7" 45 - The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Apple - 2056 USD $16.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS 45 rpm 7'' TURKISH RARE PRESS ODEON ! ERROR USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Adams/Riley - China Gates/Walrus In Memorium [CD New] USD $11.38 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - 45 - 1967 - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 2056 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $13.00 Buy It Now
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea [CD New] USD $11.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (2014, CD New) USD $12.07 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $36.14 Buy It Now 3 days
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $6.24 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 45 1967 Capitol 2056 USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $7.79 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! USD $101.68 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Nice Copy USD $49.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI USD $16.49 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS 1967 Capitol 2056 7" 45 VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES 45 record SLEEVE ONLY, Hello Goodbuy / Walrus, Nice used cond. USD $22.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS NEW CD USD $29.57 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Danish Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $44.99 [0 bids]
USD $58.49 Buy It Now
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus LP WHITE/GREEN VINYL unplayed USD $30.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $19.43 Buy It Now 4 days
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 USD $17.15 Buy It Now 4 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (2010, CD New) USD $15.88 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45rpm I am the Walrus Capitol 2056 1966 USD $20.38 Buy It Now 5 days
RANDY JACKSON**EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS**CD USD $13.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES~45 RPM "HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 2056 M USD $6.95 [0 bids]
Walrus - Hard Rock & Garrage/Skate Punk Instrumentals - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! USD $13.98 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus * 7" FRENCH 45 PS ODEON FO 106 * USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES 45 on ODEON JAPAN PRESS IMPORT ~ I Am The Walrus / Hello, Goodbye USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BORIS - WITH MERZBOW - WALRUS/ GROON - EP USD $35.97 Buy It Now 5 days
OASIS I Am The Walrus CREATION 12" VERY RARE ONE SIDED UK ORIGINAL PROMO CTP190 USD $937.14 Buy It Now 5 days
Styx Big Bang Theory CD NEW SEALED 2005 I Am The Walrus/I Can See For Miles+ USD $7.81 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (PS east coast, straight opening: c USD $35.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye/I Am the Walrus Danish Single with Picture Sleeve USD $17.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Vintage 45 Record Lot, I Am The Walrus, Strawberry Fields, Help++ More USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye - 3" CD Single - BRAND NEW - EMI (I am the Walrus) USD $32.62 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS - THUJA - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $18.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 USD $17.57 Buy It Now 6 days
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-CAPITOL 2056 VG+ 45 USD $11.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #1 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL 45RPM USD $55.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus JAPAN 7" OR1838 USD $15.63 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" Good condition USD $3.50 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" VG condition USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Empathy For The Walrus:music/beatles - Jackson,Randy USD $9.97 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles: I Am The Walrus Mini Guitar Keyring USD $9.44 Buy It Now 7 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
There Are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus (2011, CD New) USD $18.81 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES 33, MEXICO IMPORT, DAY IN LIFE, WALRUS, STRAWBERRY FIELDS, COME TOGETHER USD $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher USD $59.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am the Walrus" G- condition USD $2.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Dutch 7" in Company Sleeve USD $6.00 Buy It Now 8 days
LOT 2 VINYL RECORD 45 SINGLE BEATLE ELEANOR RIGBY I AM THE WALRUS CANADA 1960's USD $10.94 Buy It Now 8 days
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MINT EXCELLENT LN VGC Walrus - Now You Know CD USD $1.55 Buy It Now 8 days
Very Rare Beatles Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 45's USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
CD walrus ~ USD $8.67

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"