WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
Audio CD$8.00 (used)

The BEATLES - I Am the Walrus T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY USD $23.64 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus French 7" in picture sleeve Odeon USD $28.95 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 2 USD $12.86 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Uncovered 2013 by The Walrus USD $7.47 Buy It Now 6h 17m
WALRUS-NEVER GONNA LET MY BODY TOUCH THE GROUND/WHY RARE UK 7'' 1971 EX+ DERAM USD $39.00 Buy It Now 10h 50m
Baby Walrus Self-Titled (CD) by Baby Walrus (2008) (Promo) Slumber Party Records USD $12.67 Buy It Now 14h 34m
Mike Fab-Gere I Am The Walrus 7" Summer Of Love FLARE1 EX/EX 1993 picture sleeve USD $8.35 Buy It Now 15h 12m
The BEATLES - I Am the Walrus T-shirt - NEW - LARGE ONLY USD $23.64 Buy It Now 16h 16m
BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 45RPM - RARE PROMO! - NOT FOR SALE! USD $141.90 Buy It Now 19h 27m
Strawberry Walrus-This Is Not Here CD NEW USD $14.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Strawberry Walrus-Arnold Grove CD NEW USD $16.23 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye Walrus 7" Rare Danish PS R5655 Psych 1967 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW USD $20.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Venomous Walrus - Venomous Walrus [New CD] USD $13.68 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 1967 Capitol Vinyl Record USD $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus Mountain-Malagasy Sunset CD NEW USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Oliver Walrus-Oliver Walrus CD NEW USD $10.35 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus, Capitol 2056 45 rpm,1967 USD $9.95 [0 bids]
USD $13.50 Buy It Now
WALRUS - VIRUS - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 7Tracks USD $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS usa apple 2056 7" single USD $25.74 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS YMCC-1005 CD JAPAN 2004 NEW USD $87.79 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" - Vinyl 45 Capitol Records 2056 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 45 rpm vinyl record USD $5.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - CAPITOL 2056 - 45 RECORD - VG USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
(GN173) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Neon Walrus by Neon Walrus USD $11.92 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" Single Australia !! USD $3.90 [1 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl The Beatles I Am The Walrus Capitol Records 45-X46161 45ame10 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS s/t 1972 PRESSING jls 3051 VG++ VINYL Rare Psych Rock USD $8.50 [2 bids]
Oasis : Wonderwall I Am the Walrus CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 - Capitol 2056 - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $8.99 Buy It Now
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $36.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45-Capitol Rainbow Label 2056-Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $16.99 Buy It Now
Beatles 45-Capitol 2056-Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus w/Pic Sleeve USD $12.99 [0 bids]
USD $22.99 Buy It Now
Big Bang Theory, Styx, CD 2005, I Am The Walrus, See Miles, Blue Collar Man 2120 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / Im The Walrus - RARE MEXICO 45 USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR-Rare Collector's LONG BOX-I am The Walrus, etc USD $129.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Barry White The Walrus Of Love Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $21.23 Buy It Now 3 days
Empathy for the Walrus:music/beatles - Randy Jackson Compact Disc USD $15.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Anyway the Wind Blows 45 unknown private press power pop Strong VG USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #1 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #3 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 45 RPM & P/S USD $32.99 Buy It Now 3 days
(GG390) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.85 Buy It Now 3 days
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $49.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PS - JAPAN - 7" 45RPM - Apple USD $38.47 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES RARE REPRO I AM THE WALRUS MAGICAL MYSTERY EMI ACETATE SINGLE 7INCH 45 USD $12.86 [0 bids]
Hash, I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Excellent Single USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
the beatles - hello,goodbye - i am the walrus....1967 parlophone 45 USD $3.22 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY - I AM THE WALRUS 1967 RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 7" PS 45prm USD $9.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Sealed Original Gatefold Psych Rock LP : Walrus ~Everyone Deserves A Fat Chance USD $36.00 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $7.49 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye U.S.Capitol Picture Sleeve 7" 1968 USD $27.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE USD $4.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Parlophone reissue P/S USD $1.93 [0 bids]
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $15.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.32 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOC."I AM THE WALRUS" 12" SINGLE TOTAL 12FLARE1 USD $3.22 [0 bids]
VINTAGE MINT THE BEATLES, I AM THE WALRUS, HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM CAPITOL 2056 USD $24.95 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [New CD] USD $20.23 Buy It Now 5 days
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus, Oasis Single USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great picture sleeve ! USD $38.00 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.84 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - RARE LABEL USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $17.63 Buy It Now 6 days
hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single, BEATLES,Good, Vinyl 45/7" with pi USD $30.99 Buy It Now 6 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $38.60 Buy It Now 6 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $7.71 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles : Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES (7") HELLO,GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS [GERMAN ODEON 45 RI 70S COME BACK]NM USD $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
CHILL FACTION Eggman On The Deuce 12" SINGLE EP SEALED Beatles I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.57 Buy It Now 7 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.35 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $19.17 Buy It Now 7 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $58.75 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL US Capitol 1988 B/W I Am The Walrus (2056) USD $8.74 Buy It Now 7 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.70 Buy It Now 7 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.42 Buy It Now 7 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.70 Buy It Now 7 days
SPOOKY TOOTH I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL Dutch Pink Island B/W Hangman Hang My USD $31.72 Buy It Now 7 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.04 Buy It Now 7 days
Crack The Sky 45 I Am The Walrus/Lighten Up McGraw (718) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 45 - US PROMO USD $11.88 Buy It Now 7 days
45< USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $21.25 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES MAKING MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FILM SB BOOK TONY BARROW 60S WALRUS 1967 USD $57.91 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus - Self-Titled - Janus JLS 3051 - Sealed! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others Ive seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"