WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Fissure by WalrusFissure by Walrus
Decibel Worship
Fissure by Walrus (1997-02-26)Fissure by Walrus (1997-02-26)
Decibel Worship
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Strawberry Walrus - Vol. 2-Mersey Beats [CD New] USD $18.45 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Neutron 9000 Walrus Vinyl LP With Insert [ House ] USD $9.17 Buy It Now 5h 27m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 Capitol USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 48m
EX/NM- lot of 2 Original 45's by THE BEATLES orange labels "I Am The Walrus" USD $33.11 Buy It Now 5h 48m
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY CAPITOL SLEEVE #2 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 8h 37m
(GN173) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.92 Buy It Now 9h 2m
THE BEATLES "Hello, Good Bye/I Am the Walrus" Rare German 45 Picture Sleeve USD $12.99 [0 bids]
Walrus Original Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $27.99 Buy It Now 9h 39m
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 59m
The Beatles-Hello Good Bye-I Am A Walrus-45 single-Capitol Records /The Beatles USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 18m
45 RPM Vinyl The Beatles I Am The Walrus Capitol Records 45-X46161 45ame10 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 49m
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $40.00 Buy It Now 22h 45m
BEATLES Hello Goodbye /I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish 1967 Parlophone R 5655 EX+ USD $26.24 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $6.56 [0 bids]
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES ~ HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS -- FOREVER SERIES 45 & PIC -- '67 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE c/w I AM THE WALRUS. USD $1.30 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ USD $23.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.25 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(GG390) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.92 Buy It Now 1 day
RANDY JACKSON - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS-MUSIC OF BEATLES CD NEW+ USD $22.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Walrus EP [VINYL] Vinyl USD $27.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus CAPITOL 2056 orange USD $7.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 I Am The Walrus b/w Hello Goodbye CAPITOL 2056 orange USD $7.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Northern Arizona University Jazz Ensemble- Year of The Cow CD *1993 Walrus* USD $4.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson... USD $16.01 Buy It Now 2 days
SEALED Walrus S.T. LP 1972 JLS-3051 CHESS/JANUS Gatefold original rock USD $16.00 [0 bids]
USD $24.35 Buy It Now
Venomous Walrus Audio CD USD $22.52 Buy It Now 2 days
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD yellow/green vinyl UNPLAYED USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO, GOODBYE I AM WALRUS 1967 RARE SWEDEN 7" VINYL SINGLE R 5655 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus Italian 7" Parlophon MISPRESSED COVER USD $175.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $120.00 Buy It Now 2 days
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM USD $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 3 inch cd single hello goodbye l am the walrus in excellent condition USD $13.11 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SINGLE 7" RECORD USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ALTERNATE REVOLVER CD WALRUS 021 1998 RARE 26 TRACKS . USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS. (UK, 1976, R/I, PARLOPHON, R5655 USD $3.92 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $20.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 G USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye/I Am A Walrus 45 RPM Picture Sleeve Record USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES 7" 45RPM HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS ROCK LENNON McCARTNEY CAPITOL USD $4.67 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 RPM Record I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye / Lennon - Paul McCartney USD $0.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.42 Buy It Now 3 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $21.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Boogie Woogie 45 - Walrus - Bakersfield Boogie Boy - 1973 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/t CD 7 Track Digitally Remastered (br140) GERMAN Black Ros USD $19.54 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus (eclec2071) EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $11.67 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $6.55 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $2.76 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track (cdflare1) U USD $2.76 Buy It Now 4 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy (cd USD $4.12 Buy It Now 4 days
OASIS (MANCHESTER GROUP) Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus L USD $6.55 Buy It Now 4 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $39.36 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES 7" Hello Goodbye / Walrus _Capitol 2056 VG, label sleeve USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Walrus Walrus Prog Jazz Rock CD Deram reissue New + Sealed USD $9.17 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus (023660) Pic Sleeve Has Timings Wri USD $32.34 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play ( USD $1.38 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS AR1838 EP ww8428 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Beatles John Lennon Paul McCartney Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Capitol Record USD $14.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.24 Buy It Now 4 days
I am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye USD $0.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS LOS ANGELES WEST COAST CAPITOL 2056 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Hello-Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $1.50 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS COMET ON B SIDE CAPITOL 2056 USD $15.99 [0 bids]
USD $23.00 Buy It Now
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $7.86 Buy It Now 4 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson... USD $10.15 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" b/w "HELLO GOODBYE" 45 RPM. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - Self-Titled - Janus JLS 3051 - Sealed! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (NM) 1967 #3525 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $44.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Harry Deal & The Galaxies: This Love I Have / Walrus 45 - Soul USD $45.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES 'I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO ,GOODBYE' ' 7" VINYL SINGLE1967 USD $0.98 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Push-Out Centre USD $6.04 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Book Monthly Magazine Issue 281 September 1999 - I Am The Walrus USD $6.55 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $11.90 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 45 Capitol 2056 Scranton Comet USD $47.77 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY : I AM THE WALRUS CD UK PIGLET 1993 USD $3.83 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus [45 Record] Capitol 2056 VG+ to EX! USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO "FOR THE WALRUS (Tribute to John Lennon)" 1981 7" 45rpm ~All Star Records USD $4.95 [0 bids]
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $12.88 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $22.34 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS vg/vg+ Labels Clean!! USD $5.59 Buy It Now 6 days
HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS // THE BEATLES 1967 CAPITOL 45 SINGLE 2056 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" CAPITOL 2056 PS USD $9.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $6.95 Buy It Now 6 days
RARE FRENCH SP THE BEATLES ODEON I AM THE WALRUS USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL RECORDS W/JACKET USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $4.95 Buy It Now
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $9.72 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Capitol 2056 I am The Walrus and Hello Goodbye USD $4.45 Buy It Now 7 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Magical Mystery Tour EP The Beatles Lennon McCartney I Am The Walrus NO DISCS USD $17.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus. Decca Contract Press USD $12.47 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus, Capital Promo CD Digipak Rare! USD $53.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.00 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others I´ve seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives