WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

Lot of 5 vintage Beatles 45 rpm records Walrus Hold Your Hand Revolution - SCT USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $8.66 Buy It Now 4h 24m
The Beatles Rarities . 1980 Capitol Records LP VG+, I Am The Walrus, Misery Fab4 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 5h 7m
7" BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus DUTCH *WORLDWIDE SHIPPING* VG+ USD $13.99 Buy It Now 5h 30m
WALRUS: Who Can I Trust 45 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7h 46m
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye, I Am The Walrus, 7inch single USD $3.10 [0 bids]
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $59.97 Buy It Now 9h 15m
Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus CAPITOL 2056 orange USD $19.95 Buy It Now 10h 2m
PROMO CD SINGLE - THE BEATLES / HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DPRO-70876-12120 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS AR1838 EP xd6677 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xd1341 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.48 Buy It Now 12h 20m
WALRUS WALRUS UICY-93830 CD JAPAN NEW USD $140.75 Buy It Now 13h 19m
THE BEATLES -(45)- HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - CAPITOL 2056 - 1967 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 14h 37m
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" 45 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 17h 27m
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Sub USD $27.99 Buy It Now 17h 54m
WALRUS WALRUS UICY-93830 CD JAPAN OBI USD $99.99 Buy It Now 18h 34m
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD black vinyl UNPLAYED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 3m
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD white/yellow vinyl UNPLAYED USD $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 4m
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" 45 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.46 Buy It Now 1 day
OASIS -Cigarettes and Alcohol/I am The Walrus Live/Listen Up/Fade Away CD Single USD $4.03 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Vinyl 45 with Picture Sleeve USD $8.99 [1 bids]
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD USD $12.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus * Who Can I Trust * Prog Funk UK Deram 45 Demo Near Mint USD $18.58 [0 bids]
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 (Great sound from him..fierce drums USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus - R5655 (7" Vinyl Single) Near Mint USD $16.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus [3" Single]by The Beatles (CD,Oct-1991,Capitol)NEW USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
USED (VG) Baby Walrus (2008) (Audio CD) USD $9.77 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO, GOODBYE I AM WALRUS 1967 RARE SWEDEN 7" VINYL SINGLE R 5655 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Capitol 2056 Hello Goodbye,I Am The Walrus Scranton Press 7" 45 Record USD $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES ~ HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS ~ 7" VINYL REISSUE / TSHIRT COMBO USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus Italian 7" Parlophon MISPRESSED COVER USD $165.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great picture sleeve ! USD $38.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Tross - The Walrus EP (NEW 12" VINYL LP) USD $26.85 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS - Club Jonathan EP - Vinyl (12") USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 2 USD $12.37 Buy It Now 2 days
beatles studio copy i am the walrus capitol recordings disc USD $10.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles w/PS Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 1967 West Coast USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 7" HELLO, GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS. UK PARLOPHONE R5655 1967 USD $3.65 [0 bids]
Baby Walrus Self-Titled (CD) by Baby Walrus (2008) (Promo) Slumber Party Records USD $13.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Mike Fab-Gere I Am The Walrus 7" Summer Of Love FLARE1 EX/EX 1993 picture sleeve USD $8.04 Buy It Now 2 days
Oasis - 2 Wonderwall CDs: CD single & 5 track EP with I am the Walrus (live), UK USD $5.57 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH: I Am The Walrus / Hangman Hang My Shell On A Tree 45 (Netherlands USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Vol. 2-Mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus (2009, CD New) USD $20.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIG 1967 MACLEN CREDIT CAPITOL EX USD $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $13.39 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles 45 I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ~ VG long U.S. version USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Walrus Self-Titled SEALED Psych USD $4.05 [4 bids]
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xd2147 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS-Walrus - Op de Valreep - (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.98 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ON CANADIAN CAPITOL 2056 HELLO GOODBYE, I AM THE WALRUS VG USD $3.06 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.60 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.18 Buy It Now 3 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belarus Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $89.04 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO,GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS RARE DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE R 5655 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $18.44 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL US Capitol 1988 B/W I Am The Walrus (2056) USD $9.71 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.30 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Magical Mystery Tour LP Booklet~Lyrics~Fool on the Hill~I am The Walrus USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles 45 RPM Record I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye / Lennon - Paul McCartney USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Harry Deal & The Galaxies: This Love I Have / Walrus 45 - Soul USD $9.99 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.60 Buy It Now 4 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $3.89 Buy It Now 4 days
The beatles i am the walrus parlophone original recording 1967 rare USD $6.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Strawberry Walrus - Vol. 2-Mersey Beats [CD New] USD $15.96 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Whiteolgy 2CD (Walrus Records) RARE USD $59.24 [0 bids]
USD $79.95 Buy It Now
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xd2707 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE RARE MEXICAN SINGLE 45rpm 7" swirl USD $7.49 [0 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xc0523 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles ~ Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" 45 ~ Capitol 2056 USD $7.42 [0 bids]
I Am The Walrus Hello Goodbye UK original 1967 vinyl 45 Beatles R5655 Parlophone USD $7.54 Buy It Now 4 days
(GN173) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.70 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus R 5675 UK 7" Parlophone PicSlv NM USD $14.86 [0 bids]
EX/NM- lot of 2 Original 45's by THE BEATLES orange labels "I Am The Walrus" USD $24.14 Buy It Now 4 days
Oasis Wonderwall I Am the Walrus CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RPM Vinyl The Beatles I Am The Walrus Capitol Records 45-X46161 45ame10 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
* THE BEATLES CAPITOL 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE USD $15.00 [0 bids]
NM Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus P/S The Beatles rare 7" UK Magical Mystery Tour USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus NORWAY pic sleeve USD $10.00 [1 bids]
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus Original Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $15.74 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye. I Am The Walrus 45 w/ original sleeve USD $14.99 [0 bids]
7"single, Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus by The Beatles USD $1.23 [0 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus:music/beatles - Randy Jackson Compact Disc USD $15.03 Buy It Now 5 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.34 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - VIRUS - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 7Tracks USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others I´ve seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"