WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
SevenSeven
Single Album 1Single Album 1
Imports 2011
2nd Single2nd Single
Imports 2014
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" Good condition USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1h 19m
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 45 Record Capitol 1967 USD $1.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES (PIC SLEEVE ONLY) Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (1967) Capitol 2056 USD $30.00 [0 bids]
Empathy For The Walrus:music/beatles - Jackson,Randy USD $9.97 Buy It Now 3h
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (UK PS, 80s reissue, centre intac USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PS PICTURE SLEEVE USD $34.85 Buy It Now 4h 37m
NEW Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles, Songs Of Hope CD (CD) USD $21.90 Buy It Now 5h 56m
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 25m
The Beatles: I Am The Walrus Mini Guitar Keyring USD $9.44 Buy It Now 11h 44m
There Are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus (2011, CD New) USD $17.85 Buy It Now 13h 19m
THE BEATLES - 45 - 1967 - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 2056 USD $4.40 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 2m
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS USD $6.19 Buy It Now 20h 3m
THE BEATLES Magical Mystery Tour CD Classic 1967 Album I Am The Walrus USD $3.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye /I Am The Walrus" Parlophone R 5655 1967 UK 1st Press USD $15.50 Buy It Now 23h 8m
THE BEATLES 45rpm I am the Walrus Capitol 2056 1966 USD $14.98 Buy It Now 23h 20m
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am the Walrus" G- condition USD $2.99 Buy It Now 23h 32m
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES 45 RPM - CAPITOL 2056 - "HELLO GOODBYE" + "I AM THE WALRUS" USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage 45 rpm- Capitol The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
There are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free USD $30.58 Buy It Now 1 day
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDO: For The Walrus (tribute To John Lennon) / Instrumental 45 Rock USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Oliver Walrus - Oliver Walrus 2 [CD New] USD $19.70 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES I Am the Walrus OR-1838 EP wc3625 USD $4.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles 45 RPM SINGLE : HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Capitol 45RPM 2506 VG+ USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single USD $12.39 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus 45 Record Picture Sleeve PS VG++ NM- USD $10.50 [9 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PURPLE CAPITOL LABEL 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
REV vs. The Walrus Of Love - Let The Music Play 12" USD $3.10 Buy It Now 2 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $13.01 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES 33, MEXICO IMPORT, DAY IN LIFE, WALRUS, STRAWBERRY FIELDS, COME TOGETHER USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES, HELLO GOODBYE/ WALRUS, ORIG. 1967 SINGLE IN COMPANY SLV USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
1960's 45rpm BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus (good) Rock USD $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Venomous Walrus - Walrus,Venomous New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping USD $20.79 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS USD $10.84 Buy It Now 3 days
BORIS / MERZBOW "WALRUS GROON" 12" MINT GODFLESH ISIS PELICAN FREE US SHIP USD $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am the Walrus - The Beatles 7" w/t-shirt - BRAND NEW! USD $55.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JOLLY GOODS - WALRUS CD NEW+ USD $22.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $23.46 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $26.03 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $8.12 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.19 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS~'ACQUIESCE'+'WALRUS'(Live)+2~UK PROMO 12"(CRELP-241P,not SAMPMS-6032)~MINT USD $11.74 [1 bids]
Venomous Walrus (2012, CD New) USD $11.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $21.25 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Love/Hate I'm not Happy CD Jizzy Pearl Ratt L.A. Guns Crickets bonus Walrus USD $4.99 [0 bids]
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL USD $16.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45RPM CAPITOL RECORD THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE COLLECTIBLE PHONO USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare USD $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/c I am the Walrus 45PRM 7" EMI Records USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher USD $49.90 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $44.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Oasis "Cigarettes and Alcohol" CD single "I Am the Walrus" USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" UK Parlophone label R5655 USD $12.40 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $10.84 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 1967 EX 45 Record 2056 inventory #308 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- USD $3.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus Self-Titled Psych USD $0.98 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $86.80 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye - i Am The Walrus 45 RPM WITH PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.95 [0 bids]
Vol. 2-mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus New & Sealed CD MOD Free Shipping USD $25.07 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su USD $27.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Uncovered - Walrus (2006, CD New) USD $16.61 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS Walrus with bonus track JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - Uncovered [CD New] USD $19.14 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS USD $3.08 Buy It Now 5 days
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 (Great sound from him..fierce drums USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
OLIVER WALRUS Me, Myself And I! LP Tiger Lily TL 14038 Mega-Rare Soul Funk NM USD $595.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SPACE WALRUS Searchin' + Grazin' In The Grass 45 EX+ US 1971 orig Athena 5019 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL SWIRL LABEL # 2056 FAINT WEAR USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I am Walrus Rare French Export Original 1967 7" vinyl USD $11.63 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" b/w "HELLO GOODBYE" 45 RPM. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Treehouse (Lou / Matt Flacche) - s/t (1999 / 12 tracks / "I Am The Walrus") USD $99.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour 7' B/w Walrus (VG+) AUSTRALIAN PRESS USD $7.82 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - w/PS USD $0.50 [1 bids]
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD USD $5.38 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS - S/T 1970 UK JAZZ INFLUENCED PROGRESSIVE ROCK w/HORNS SEALED CD +BNS TRK USD $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS USD $10.84 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS NEW CD USD $28.33 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles Vinyl LP Rarities Love Me Do Help Album Record I Am The Walrus Mint USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - US Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW USD $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD USD $15.10 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" ORIGINAL UK 7" SINGLE PARLOPHONE LABEL USD $15.49 Buy It Now 7 days
CD walrus
WALRUS
~ USD $7.62

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"