WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

Vinyl$1.47 (used)
*WALRUS, self-titled LP on Janus, gatefold cover NEAR MINT USD $7.50 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW CD Rock Casket records USD $3.11 Buy It Now 9h 43m
THE BEATLES Magical Mystery Tour CD Classic 1967 Album I Am The Walrus USD $3.99 [1 bids]
Rare Psych 45 Walrus Deram 85067 M- Promo Slight Rub To Label "Who can I trust" USD $25.00 Buy It Now 20h 16m
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 G USD $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 41m
The Beatles ( Hello Goodbye I Am the Walrus ) 45 VG- USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - PS - 7" 45RPM - Rare B Side Mix! USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - 45 - 1967 - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 2056 USD $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 7'' HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 1976 REISSUE MINT USD $4.67 [0 bids]
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $78.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Hallmark LAM3120 Lyricology Collection "I Am The Walrus" Blue Mug USD $51.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $9.35 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS/PATSY BUTTERFIELD - hard rock & garage/skate punk instrumentals CD Promo USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Baby Walrus by Baby Walrus (CD, Feb-2008, Slumber Party Records) USD $5.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles SLEEVE 45, Hello Goodbye, I am the walrus USD $100.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Plague, Iron Walrus USD $22.27 Buy It Now 2 days
VG+ TO BTR BEATLES' 45 RPM:" I AM THE WALRUS " / " HELLO .." CAPITOL # 2056 USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $4.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" Vinyl 45-RPM U.K Pressing USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Vol. 2-Mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus (2009, CD New) USD $15.03 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Capitol Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $14.88 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $59.97 Buy It Now 3 days
The Plague, 4260080811613, Iron Walrus USD $19.77 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles. German import. Hello goodbye/I am the walrus USD $1.04 [2 bids]
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
I am the Walrus by the Beatles record USD $3.11 [0 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Bea Randy Jackson CD USD $22.36 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $87.37 [0 bids]
Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 7" - 45RPM - Single - First Pressing USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MINT EXCELLENT LN VGC Walrus - Now You Know CD USD $1.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles 45 RPM Record I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye / Lennon - Paul McCartney USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Push-Out Centre USD $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Capitol 2056 I am The Walrus and Hello Goodbye USD $4.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Framed The Beatles I Am The Walrus Poster Mounted In Black Frame (Poster A4size) USD $15.53 Buy It Now 4 days
Hello Goodbye / I am The Walrus THE BEATLES 7" 45rpm Japan Odeon OR-1838 VG USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Magical Mystery Tour LP Booklet~Lyrics~Fool on the Hill~I am The Walrus USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Hemet High School Jazz Band CD Only Forever Walrus Records USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope), 0819376061221, Ra. USD $17.91 Buy It Now 4 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $9.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles, "The Alternate Magical Mystery Tour" Walrus 006/7 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Plague Iron Walrus Audio CD USD $27.07 Buy It Now 5 days
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $6.23 Buy It Now 5 days
45 Retro Psych SANDO - For the Walrus (JOHN LENNON Tribute) Murdered BEATLE USD $4.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Boris with Merzbow *walrus/groon* vinyl lp green/yellow swirl sunn 0))) USD $12.99 [0 bids]
The BEATLES - I Am the Walrus T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY USD $22.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Les Demerle "I Am The Walrus/The Raven" UA 50458 M- USD $50.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus- walrus (CD) USD $17.99 Buy It Now 5 days
RARE-THE BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN APPLE + PS USD $7.79 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $54.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PARLOPHONE R5655 7" 45RPM SINGLE USD $15.59 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES (PIC SLEEVE ONLY) Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (1967) Capitol 2056 USD $30.00 [0 bids]
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.86 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE 45 CAPITOL 2056 NEAR MINT USD $79.99 [0 bids]
HOMBRE - "FIRST SHOT" LP WALRUS PRIVATE PRESS JAZZ FUNK SHRINK NMINT VINYL USD $34.98 Buy It Now 6 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $25.73 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus: Walrus (mini LP) [SHM-CD] [Ltd] (Japan) USD $73.38 Buy It Now 6 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $7.32 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $13.09 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $4.06 Buy It Now 6 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $7.79 Buy It Now 6 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $7.32 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $7.79 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $7.32 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $2.42 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus * 7" FRENCH 45 PS ODEON FO 106 * USD $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy USD $5.29 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Solid Centre USD $14.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES 1967 I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOOD BYE CAPITOL 2056 45RPM VG++ EXCELLENT USD $27.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Lot of 5 vintage Beatles 45 rpm records Walrus Hold Your Hand Revolution - SCT USD $14.99 [0 bids]
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $88.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES "EX+" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT ISSUE USD $27.59 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES hello goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm GERMANY IMPORT rarest 1967 USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $16.99 Buy It Now
The BEATLES 45 on ORANGE Capitol label I am the Walrus Orig. Never played USD $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles 45 RPM SINGLE : HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $7.80 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY CAPITOL SLEEVE #1 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY CAPITOL SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Empathy for the Walrus 0819376061221, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $21.38 Buy It Now 7 days
EXC LP~WALRUS~Self Titled~{Original 1972~JANUS~Gatefold~WHITE LABEL PROMO~Issue] USD $29.90 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45 RPM Capitol Records VG USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus .. USD $6.24 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus Rare Original 45 VeryCleanSleeve++++ USD $50.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus I Believed 1980 Paradice Records Rare New Wave 7" USD $7.19 Buy It Now 8 days
KHAN, TUDOR LODGE, WALRUS, etc./ JAPAN Mini LP SHM-CD x 5 titles + PROMO BOX Set USD $275.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $13.97 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $18.65 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $21.77 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $24.89 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $31.13 Buy It Now 8 days
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12" Pelican Isis Torche vinyl LP USD $44.99 Buy It Now 8 days
SANDO, For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) / same (promo) 45rpm USD $14.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus - Who can I trust?/ Tomorrow never comes (Deram UK 1970) USD $3.90 [0 bids]
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol / I Am The Walrus RARE CREATION 12" TEST PRESSING USD $934.74 Buy It Now 8 days
CRACK THE SKY ~ I Am the Walrus ~ scarce NM 1978 Lifesong WLP promo 12" USD $3.77 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour Your Mother Should Know I Am the Walrus Germany USD $74.95 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"