WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
FissureFissure
Decibel Worship 1997
bakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm singlebakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm single
JANUS
Vinyl$10.00 (used)
THE BEATLES " I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RECORD US $3.00 [0 bids]
55m 37s
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ US $2.00 [0 bids]
58m 51s
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su US $27.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Lot of 4 Beatles 45 Records - Walrus, Hello, Let It Be, Yesterday, Apple Records US $19.95 [0 bids]
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12"vinyl LP SunnO))) Hydrahead US $25.00 [0 bids]
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM US $7.95 Buy It Now 11h 7m
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON FOS 106 I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
1967 Original Press Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus No. 2056 45 US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR LP CAPITAL RECORDS BOOKLET 1967 WALRUS US $22.00 [0 bids]
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Randy Jackson "Empathy for the Walrus: Songs of the Beatles" CD Zebra Rock US $2.50 [1 bids]
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 16m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 1967 45 Record 7" US $6.95 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS US $3.23 Buy It Now 16h 13m
45RPM CAPITOL RECORD THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE COLLECTIBLE PHONO US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 42m
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" US $2.99 Buy It Now 17h 22m
45 RPM RECORD WALRUS Tomorrow Never Comes/Who Can I Trust PROMO DERAM RARE PSYCH US $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl US $81.04 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD US $15.79 Buy It Now 17h 55m
Walrus I Believed 1980 Paradice Records Rare New Wave 7" US $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 34m
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 43m
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl US $113.46 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Walrus-Centrifuge-UK 7"-DIY Ed Wynne Pre Ozric Tentacles Space Rock-1982-HEAR US $16.20 [1 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS~UNPLAYED MINT ORANGE LABEL~MONO~LENNON US $10.00 [0 bids]
Walrus Gumboot - Vintage Fan club Photograph 6 X 4 US $1.60 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 45 1967 Capitol 2056 US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 US $27.59 Buy It Now 1 day
???THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1967??? US $12.21 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES hello goodbye 7" b/w i am the walrus which is i am a walrus" on the labe US $37.55 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Collectors Tin - Hello Good Bye I am the Walrus - Store Cards Seeds + US $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD US $5.63 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45's 7 of them with sleeves, Let Be, Walrus,Jude,Wind Road,Lord,Oko,HIHI US $36.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I'm The Walrus Turkey & Turkish Edition Unique PS 7" US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS 1967 Capitol 2056 7" 45 VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 US $26.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD US $15.79 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS PS 45 NETHERLANDS 1967 US $10.62 [7 bids]
Baby Walrus by Baby Walrus (CD, Feb-2008, Slumber Party Records) US $3.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES- HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 7" VG CAPITOL 2056 Vinyl 1967 Record US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45~~Capitol Swirl 2056~~I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye EX VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Venomous Walrus [CD New] US $13.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles - "I am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye" Capitol Canada 2056 first pressing US $8.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $94.01 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO- GOODBYE - I AM THE WALRUS - 1992-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS Your eyes (Femmes, femmes) Rare French 7 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ARCWELDER i am the walrus 7" red/clear vinyl b/w sign o' the times (bmi026) pic US $8.77 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Single 45rpm Reissue US $1.60 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS SOLID US $19.44 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS US $11.33 Buy It Now 3 days
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl US $9.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS VARIANT LABEL UK ISSUE 1967 US $0.97 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single US $12.95 [0 bids]
VINTAGE:45*BEATLES*Capitol*SWIRL LABEL*I am the WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE*2056* US $2.49 [0 bids]
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus Oasis MUSIC CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P US $6.08 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus US $6.48 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 rpm Hello GoodbyeI Am The Walrus 2056 US $6.00 [0 bids]
LES DeMERLE I Am The Walrus/ The Raven UA 50458 Juggy Murray 7" 45 Beatles tune US $7.67 [0 bids]
1967 45 & PICTURE SLEEVE THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE & I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL US $69.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus, 1968 Capitol Rock VG++ US $5.00 [0 bids]
Hombre LP First Shot Private Press on Walrus Sweet Maya Hard Rock Jazz Funk US $14.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish Only Parlophone R 5655 US $16.20 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus 7" b/w see emily play ( US $8.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles, The - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - [7"], Beatles, The, Acceptable US $23.23 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ US $29.95 Buy It Now 4 days
STYX I am the Walrus EDIT TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD single BEATLES remake cover trk US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock 45 The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus on Capitol Records US $3.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS "WHO CAN I TRUST / TOMORROW NEVER COMES" 1970 DERAM US $6.48 [0 bids]
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES BY JACKSON,RANDY (CD) US $18.02 Buy It Now 4 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / instr. ~ALL STAR VG++/VG+ Beatles related rock US $7.49 Buy It Now 4 days
SANDO for the walrus - 7" - US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE US $7.77 Buy It Now 5 days
Jackson Randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of Beatles Songs Of CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 5 days
Baby Walrus LP Vinyl Record Pop Rock US $17.80 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES " HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS " (PARLOPHONE) 1967 VG US $2.59 [1 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 7" single 1967 Denmark R 5655 US $19.90 [0 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" vinyl 45 1967 Sweden R 5655 US $39.90 [0 bids]
CRACK THE SKY-LIVE SKY 1978 LIFESONG RECORDS LP JZ 35620 EX. VG+ I AM THE WALRUS US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
RANDY JACKSON (ZEBRA - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF THE BEATLES, - NEW CD US $8.35 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" CAPITOL 2056 PS NM! US $9.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, I Am The Walrus, Hello Goodbye, Near Mint, Writing on Label US $29.00 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS Songs LP NEW SEALED VINYL IMPORT PSYCH ROCK GUERSSEN RECORDS US $22.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PS FIRST PRESSING MACLEN US $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES "EX+" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT ISSUE US $32.41 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 7"45 CAPITOL 2056 VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES : HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS # R5655 SINGLES COLLECTION "IMPORT" US $9.50 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / Walrus Rare DANISH Picsleeve 45 7" RARE Vinyl R5655 US $8.09 [0 bids]
RANDY JACKSON - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF BEATLES SONGS OF NEW CD US $17.34 Buy It Now 7 days
STRAWBERRY WALRUS - THERE ARE PLACES I REMEMBER NEW CD US $27.39 Buy It Now 7 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample US $81.04 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus - S/T 1972 American r&b/psych rock vinyl record. Original Gatefold US $12.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of Beatles Songs of by US $3.97 Buy It Now 7 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"