WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus
Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)
Esoteric

THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PARLOPHONE SOLID LABEL NM USD $45.00 Buy It Now 3h 3m
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $7.49 Buy It Now 4h 45m
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye U.S.Capitol Picture Sleeve 7" 1968 USD $27.50 Buy It Now 5h 17m
BEATLES (7") HELLO,GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS[1992 PARLOPHONE REISSUE 45 *RARE]NM USD $60.00 Buy It Now 8h 31m
WALRUS VIRUS TECN-16384 CD JAPAN 1998 USD $51.58 Buy It Now 10h 10m
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE USD $3.68 Buy It Now 12h 53m
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus '67 PSYCH 7" John Lennon McCartney USD $2.99 Buy It Now 14h 17m
Neon Walrus by Neon Walrus USD $11.46 Buy It Now 14h 54m
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 46m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus 45 RPM Capitol ReIssue 1983 VG+ USD $2.95 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $15.86 Buy It Now 17h 26m
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY - I AM THE WALRUS 1967 RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 7" PS 45prm USD $9.90 Buy It Now 17h 30m
BEATLES MAKING MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FILM SB BOOK TONY BARROW 60S WALRUS 1967 USD $59.34 Buy It Now 20h 15m
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [New CD] USD $20.23 Buy It Now 21h 11m
OASIS Cigarettes & Alcohol / I Am The Walrus Live 7" Vinyl Numbered CRE190 1994 USD $52.74 Buy It Now 21h 44m
D.D DUMBO job lot of 2 promo CDs Satan Walrus 4AD USD $10.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus, Oasis Single USD $5.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Sealed Original Gatefold Psych Rock LP : Walrus ~Everyone Deserves A Fat Chance USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOC."I AM THE WALRUS" 12" SINGLE TOTAL 12FLARE1 USD $3.30 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 7" Vinyl Single R5655 Singles Collecti USD $6.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $17.49 Buy It Now 1 day
hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single, BEATLES,Good, Vinyl 45/7" with pi USD $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES X 3 SINGLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - WORK IT OUT - I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.62 [0 bids]
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $39.55 Buy It Now 1 day
beatles-hello,goodby / i am the walrus 1967 first press parlophone R 5655 V/G+ USD $3.94 [0 bids]
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $19.64 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $57.42 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.58 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.77 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL Dutch Pink Island B/W Hangman Hang My USD $28.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $3.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles : Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.77 Buy It Now 2 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.14 Buy It Now 2 days
VINYL LP RECORD BARRY WHITE ANOTHER WAY TO SAY I LOVE YOU WALRUS FRAME SOUL DISC USD $9.22 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS Fragments of light TECN-30683 CD JAPAN 2000 OBI USD $75.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - VIRUS - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 7Tracks USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES , I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE USD $3.23 [0 bids]
ARCWELDER/I AM THE WALRUS US BMI026 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 45 - US PROMO USD $11.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Mike Fab-Gere & The Permissive Society - I Am The Walrus - 7" Single USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS-FAMILY HANGOVER-JAPAN CD E78 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Barry White The Walrus Of Love Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $21.75 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $21.07 Buy It Now 3 days
CHILL FACTION Eggman On The Deuce 12" SINGLE EP SEALED Beatles I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - S/T 1972 Janus 1st Ed. psych LP USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES I Am The Walrus Hello, Goodbye 1967 Original UK Release.45rpm USD $6.58 [0 bids]
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 WEST MALLING AIR STATION I AM THE WALRUS PROMO . P3 USD $9.22 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye /I'm The Walrus"1967 CORRECT SLEEVE,Ex USD $14.51 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" 45RPMSCARCEL.A. PRESSING USD $1.00 [0 bids]
BORIS MERZBOW EP walrus groon COLOR LIMITED pelican melvins shellac isis sumac USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.99 Buy It Now
Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus ~ THE BEATLES Part Of Single Collection 45RPM USD $6.58 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great picture sleeve ! USD $38.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus UICY-93830 CD JAPAN 2008 NEW USD $176.35 Buy It Now 4 days
the beatles hello goodbye / iam the walrus 7" 1976 uk USD $2.49 [0 bids]
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 4 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL AIRPLANE COVER USD $75.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES RARE REPRO I AM THE WALRUS MAGICAL MYSTERY EMI ACETATE SINGLE 7INCH 45 USD $13.18 [0 bids]
Oasis ...There And Then DvD I Am The Walrus Cum On Feel The Noize USD $6.25 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus 45 Record Vinyl 2056 Yellowish Apple USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $9.22 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus/Hello, Goodbye - Parlophone 1967 7" USD $13.18 [0 bids]
LES DEMERLE I Am The Walrus/The Raven PROMO 45 LISTEN USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $7.74 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 RARE LABEl IMPORT R.5655 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 6 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 6 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $3.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS RARE DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING 1967 USD $19.72 Buy It Now 6 days
CRACK THE SKY: I Am The Walrus / Long Version 12 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES I am the walrus/hello goodbye PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $26.25 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS USA CAPITOL 2056 SCRANTON SLEEVE USD $24.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $92.31 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS ( BELGIUM-ONLY PIC-SLEEVE 7'PS 1967 USD $13.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES-CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL 45RPM HELLO GOODBYE B/W I AM THE WALRUS M- USD $12.95 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 Parlophone R5655 1st Press - VG USD $3.89 [0 bids]
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.64 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $79.12 Buy It Now 8 days
WALRUS Vaccine TECN-16420 CD JAPAN 1998 OBI USD $71.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus Walrus LP JLS 3051 1972 Psychedelic Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope) [CD] USD $13.40 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $11.80 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $15.76 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others Ive seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"