WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)
Esoteric
Fissure by WalrusFissure by Walrus
Decibel Worship
Maybe Tonight by WalrusMaybe Tonight by Walrus
Ravensbourne
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

Barry White The Walrus Of Love Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $21.37 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES:Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" Vinyl Single 1967 45rpm Parlophone USD $9.72 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Hash, I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Excellent Single USD $4.59 Buy It Now 3h 28m
VG++ 1967 The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" 45RPM w/ppr slv USD $7.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye /I'm The Walrus"1967 Parlophone / EMI 7",Ex USD $9.25 Buy It Now 5h 43m
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $6.48 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "I am the Walrus" 45 Original Capitol Near Mint USD $19.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles-I Am The Walrus b/w Hello Goodbye. Capitol Record & Picture Sleeve USD $5.99 [1 bids]
Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Rare Promo 45 7" Capitol P 2056 Hear! USD $30.00 [1 bids]
Walrus-S/T Janus records 1972 VG++ Funk-Rock/Psych gatefold pressing wlp USD $18.00 Buy It Now 12h 25m
BEATLES LOVE U.S. CD 2006 GET BACK I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND I AM THE WALRUS HELP USD $13.99 Buy It Now 15h 12m
SANDO "FOR THE WALRUS (Tribute to John Lennon)" 1981 7" 45rpm ~All Star Records USD $1.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO, GOODBYE I AM WALRUS 1967 RARE SWEDEN 7" VINYL SINGLE R 5655 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 21h 35m
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . I AM THE WALRUS ILLUSTRATION . Y62 USD $6.47 Buy It Now 22h 10m
Caycus - Moony Eyed Walrus 7" NEW b/w Petals of the Last Flower USD $8.09 Buy It Now 22h 31m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SINGLE 7" RECORD USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Northern Arizona University Jazz Ensemble- Year of The Cow CD *1993 Walrus* USD $3.47 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTAGE BEATLES 45 rpm RECORD With PICTURE SLEEVE I AM THE WALRUS USD $10.72 [2 bids]
The Beatles/Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus U.S. Capitol 7" 45 Record USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPACE WALRUS Searchin' + Grazin' In The Grass 45 EX+ US 1971 promo Athena 5019 USD $43.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $19.80 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye" / "I Am The Walrus" 45 RPM Vinyl (Capital 2056) USD $6.75 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS Janus 3051 LP VG++ US 1972 USD $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 G USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye/I Am A Walrus 45 RPM Picture Sleeve Record USD $17.09 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP wv5437 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BORIS WITH MERZBOW - WALRUS / GROON 12" white w/ green vinyl rare japan gatefold USD $0.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus FRANCE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus HOLLAND USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus GREAT BRITAIN USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Magical Mystery Tour JAPAN USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus CAPITOL 2056 orange USD $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Walrus EP [VINYL] Vinyl USD $27.19 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.59 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 I AM THE WALRUS PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P3 USD $9.06 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus" Pic Slv. 1967 NM USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $38.87 Buy It Now 2 days
Sealed Original Gatefold Psych Rock LP : Walrus ~Everyone Deserves A Fat Chance USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
45 RPM SINGLE...LES DeMERLE....THE RAVEN / I AM THE WALRUS...U A 50458 USD $75.00 [0 bids]
OASIS the masterplan CD inc half the world away & i am the walrus (live) USD $5.18 [0 bids]
Walrus Walrus Prog Jazz Rock CD Deram reissue New + Sealed USD $9.06 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL B/W See Emily USD $1.36 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD 8 Track CD Inc Bonus (Eclec2071) European Esoteric USD $6.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL 2 Track USD $2.72 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINY USD $6.47 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track (Cdflare1) USD $2.72 Buy It Now 2 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy USD $4.07 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS (MANCHESTER GROUP) Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/W I Am The Walrus USD $6.47 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD 8 Track Inc Bonus (Eclec2071) European Esoteric USD $11.52 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD 7 Track Digitally Remastered (Br140) German Black USD $19.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson... USD $10.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Venomous Walrus Audio CD USD $22.86 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $38.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Harry Deal & The Galaxies: This Love I Have / Walrus 45 - Soul USD $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Push-Out Centre USD $4.87 Buy It Now 3 days
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.59 Buy It Now 3 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy USD $4.39 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP wz6848 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.17 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY : I AM THE WALRUS CD UK PIGLET 1993 USD $3.83 Buy It Now 3 days
45 Record: The Beatles "Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus" Capitol 2056 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Crack The Sky 45 I Am The Walrus/Lighten Up McGraw (718) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $12.88 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 7" SINGLE VINYL RECORD USD $1.00 [0 bids]
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $22.84 Buy It Now 3 days
HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS // THE BEATLES 1967 CAPITOL 45 SINGLE 2056 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles: I am the walrus / Hello goodbye. Ex Us issue USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RPM Single - The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/ I am the Walrus - EMI - Nice! USD $13.99 [0 bids]
Neutron 9000 Walrus Vinyl LP With Insert [ House ] USD $9.06 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" b/w "HELLO GOODBYE" 45 RPM. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 45 Capitol 2056 Scranton Comet USD $47.77 Buy It Now 4 days
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Capitol 2056 I am The Walrus and Hello Goodbye USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS s/t New Esoteric RM + 1 bonus CD 70's UK prog psych brassrock IF USD $11.99 [0 bids]
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus, Capital Promo CD Digipak Rare! USD $53.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.80 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus [CD New] USD $31.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 45 PARLOPHONE UK N.MINT USD $35.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS LOS ANGELES WEST COAST CAPITOL 2056 USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "REEL MUSIC" CASSETTE 1982 HARD DAYS NIGHT I AM THE WALRUS USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - PARLOPHONE OZ pressing 45 USD $8.39 Buy It Now 5 days
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $5.17 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles 45 RPM Record I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye / Lennon - Paul McCartney USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-PARLOPHONE R.5655 1967 -DECCA PRESS USD $3.88 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Parlophone 45 RPM USD $62.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $67.50 Buy It Now 6 days
CLEAN PICTURE SLEEVE The Beatles Capitol 2056 I Am The Walrus and Hello Goodbye USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $11.43 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" 45rpm Capitol Records 2056-1967 USD $8.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 Capitol USD $9.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 Capitol USD $15.00 [0 bids]
The Sea - Actual Sounds of Nature - Cassette Tape fish whale walrus bass trout USD $2.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others Ive seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"