WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
walrus LPwalrus LP
Janus
Vinyl$1.47 (used)
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [CD New] USD $18.14 Buy It Now 2h 29m
LOT OF 4 BEATLES 45 RPM 7" RECORDS, I AM THE WALRUS, TOLLIE, CAPITAL USD $10.50 [2 bids]
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am the Walrus - The Beatles 7" w/t-shirt - BRAND NEW! USD $49.50 Buy It Now 7h 11m
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Pic Sleeve USD $24.70 Buy It Now 7h 14m
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $22.50 Buy It Now 8h
JOLLY GOODS - WALRUS CD NEW+ USD $22.95 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $23.84 Buy It Now 12h 49m
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.99 Buy It Now 14h 26m
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 17h 18m
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $7.95 Buy It Now 17h 18m
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $7.95 Buy It Now 17h 19m
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $7.95 Buy It Now 17h 19m
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $12.72 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Venomous Walrus (2012, CD New) USD $11.48 Buy It Now 18h 35m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus rare original 45 with PicSleeve USD $49.99 Buy It Now 21h 2m
*WALRUS, self-titled LP on Janus, gatefold cover NEAR MINT USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $22.99 Buy It Now 21h 14m
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $7.95 Buy It Now 21h 27m
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $7.95 Buy It Now 21h 27m
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL USD $16.50 Buy It Now 22h 15m
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl USD $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 36m
45RPM CAPITOL RECORD THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE COLLECTIBLE PHONO USD $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 44m
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare USD $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/c I am the Walrus 45PRM 7" EMI Records USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher USD $58.90 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Hemet High School Jazz Band CD Only Forever Walrus Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Oasis "Cigarettes and Alcohol" CD single "I Am the Walrus" USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ORIGINAL PROMO BEATLES 45 "HELLO GOODBYE" B/W "I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL P 2056 USD $41.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" UK Parlophone label R5655 USD $12.13 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles-Hello goodbye/I am the walrus 7" 1967 USD $1.50 [1 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $27.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Progressive Pop Inside the 70's Mellow Candle Beano Walrus Wolf 1995 Nectar USD $8.99 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $10.60 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 1967 EX 45 Record 2056 inventory #308 USD $40.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus Rare Original 45 VeryCleanSleeve++++ USD $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45-2056 Maclen Credits USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Walrus Gumboot - Vintage Fan club Photograph 6 X 4 USD $1.50 [0 bids]
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- USD $3.12 Buy It Now 1 day
SPACE WALRUS Searchin' + Grazin' In The Grass 45 EX+ US 1971 orig Athena 5019 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $84.91 [0 bids]
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su USD $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Uncovered - Walrus (2006, CD New) USD $16.77 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES 45 RPM VINYL - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - Fair Condition USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
WALRUS Walrus with bonus track JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I am Walrus Rare French Export Original 1967 7" vinyl USD $11.37 [0 bids]
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus - UK Parlophone 7" 45 - EX USD $7.57 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SINGLE 7" RECORD USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS s/t Walrus JAPAN MINI-LP CD OBI SEALED +1 1970 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS selftitled JANUS 3051 Prog/Psych USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Uncovered [CD New] USD $19.45 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS USD $3.02 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $7.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD USD $14.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 (Great sound from him..fierce drums USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $106.14 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" RARE LIME GREEN LABEL PROMO 1967 NM USD $325.00 Buy It Now 3 days
OLIVER WALRUS Me, Myself And I! LP Tiger Lily TL 14038 Mega-Rare Soul Funk NM USD $595.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL SWIRL LABEL # 2056 FAINT WEAR USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BARRY WHITE CD - THE LOVE ALBUM - YOUR HEART AND SOUL - THE WALRUS OF LOVE ICON! USD $1.50 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus RARE Italian Press 7" LP Vinyl Record USD $3.91 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 USD $26.79 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - 45 - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus USD $2.23 [3 bids]
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" b/w "HELLO GOODBYE" 45 RPM. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour 7' B/w Walrus (VG+) AUSTRALIAN PRESS USD $7.82 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD USD $5.26 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - S/T 1970 UK JAZZ INFLUENCED PROGRESSIVE ROCK w/HORNS SEALED CD +BNS TRK USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS parlophone 5644 EX+ rare decca press? USD $17.44 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS-NEVER GONNA LET MY BODY TOUCH THE GROUND/WHY RARE UK 7'' 1971 EX+ DERAM USD $39.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS USD $10.60 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 VG+ VINYL 45 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD USD $14.77 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES FRENCH 7" single HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye - i Am The Walrus 45 RPM WITH PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.95 [1 bids]
BEATLES: Helly Goodbye / I am the Walrus 45 w/ SLEEVE on CAPITOL rare! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 USD $16.51 Buy It Now 4 days
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $15.26 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS Parlophone 5655 export made in France USD $45.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles 45 rpm Record "I Am The Walrus" / "Hello Goodbye" 1967 USD $8.95 [0 bids]
Beatles French Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus. Excellent Condition! France! USD $8.00 [0 bids]
USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Walrus - Hard Rock & Garrage/Skate Punk Instrumentals - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! USD $11.98 Buy It Now 5 days
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Golden Record RD21 (Walrus & the Carpenter) Tweedle-Dum (1951) 6" 78 rpm USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES "NM" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS USD $10.60 Buy It Now 5 days
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 USD $16.76 Buy It Now 5 days
7 in Vinyl Single 45 Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus USD $7.85 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus G+ 45 RPM - Capitol - 1967 USD $2.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P USD $5.69 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES (PIC SLEEVE ONLY) Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (1967) Capitol 2056 USD $30.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
CD walrus
WALRUS
~ USD $7.62

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"