WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)
Esoteric
Fissure by WalrusFissure by Walrus
Decibel Worship
Maybe Tonight by WalrusMaybe Tonight by Walrus
Ravensbourne

Walrus-1972 Self-Titled Janus Psych LP-SEALED! USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea [CD New] USD $12.44 Buy It Now 13h 43m
Arcwelder I Am The Walrus USA NM/vg Favor On Duophonic Super 45s Stereolab Uk NM USD $15.08 Buy It Now 14h 19m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Original 1967 7" Vinyl Single Record USD $12.56 Buy It Now 14h 21m
RARE FRENCH SP THE BEATLES ODEON I AM THE WALRUS 1st SLEEVE USD $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Walrus-Never Gonna Let My Body Touch the Ground/Why RARE DEMO USD $10.06 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "REEL MUSIC" CASSETTE 1982 HARD DAYS NIGHT I AM THE WALRUS USD $7.99 Buy It Now 22h 36m
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! USD $81.69 Buy It Now 22h 52m
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xc0523 USD $4.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles ~ Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" 45 ~ Capitol 2056 USD $10.04 [0 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xb8645 USD $4.26 [3 bids]
The BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 45rpm - 2056 USD $2.75 [0 bids]
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI USD $13.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 7" : The Beatles USD $20.11 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - I Am Walrus / Hello Goodbye USD $1.24 [0 bids]
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus LP WHITE/GREEN VINYL unplayed USD $46.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [CD New] USD $16.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles CD single I am The Walrus Hello Goodbye Rare USD $14.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS Self-Titled Psychedelic Rock LP Record - Vinyl in NM USD $25.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED Walrus S.T. LP 1972 JLS-3051 CHESS/JANUS Gatefold original rock USD $19.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Baby Walrus Self-Titled (CD) by Baby Walrus (2008) (Promo) Slumber Party Records USD $3.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Parlophone 45 RPM USD $59.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track (Cdflare1) USD $2.64 Buy It Now 1 day
OASIS (MANCHESTER GROUP) Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/W I Am The Walrus USD $6.27 Buy It Now 1 day
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy USD $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Oliver Walrus [CD New] USD $16.80 Buy It Now 2 days
(GP132) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.76 Buy It Now 2 days
Mike Fab-Gere-I Am The Walrus/See Emily Play~Near Mint UK Rock 45+Picture Sleeve USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL 2 Track USD $2.64 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINY USD $6.27 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD 7 Track Digitally Remastered (Br140) German Black USD $18.72 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 RPM Record I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye / Lennon - Paul McCartney USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 45 CAPITOL RECORD ONLY NO SLEEVE USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $22.99 Buy It Now
The Walrus EP [EP] New CD USD $29.54 Buy It Now 2 days
THE WALRUS EP [EP] [USED CD] USD $26.21 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL B/w See Emil USD $1.32 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS 7" SINGLE RECORD + ORIGINAL HANDWRITTEN LYRICS MONTAGE USD $75.40 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL B/w I Am The Walrus (2056) Company Sleeve US Ca USD $9.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Vinyl 7" Single - Hello, Goodbye/I Am the Walrus by The Beatles. EMI Australia. USD $8.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 Capitol Swirl - We Can Work It Out 5555 & Hello Goodbye/Walrus 2056 USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.99 Buy It Now
ROCK/POP THE BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL LABEL 7 "45 RPM RECORD USD $2.00 [0 bids]
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.51 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $6.28 [0 bids]
The Beatles Book Monthly Magazine Issue 281 September 1999 - I Am The Walrus USD $6.27 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus. 1968 Japan 7" 1st 45. OR1838. EX+ USD $2.77 [2 bids]
BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS LOS ANGELES WEST COAST CAPITOL 2056 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
There Are Places I Remember Strawberry Walrus Audio CD USD $36.79 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 7" Picture Disc (Vinyl Single) EX USD $50.22 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES 7" vinyl...HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS...VG...'67 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Oasis - Wonderwall [5 Track EP] CD Epic1995 (49K 78204) CD only- I Am The Walrus USD $2.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - The End of the Earth Show - Autographed! Triple J Unearthed JJJ USD $14.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Harry Deal & The Galaxies: This Love I Have / Walrus 45 - Soul USD $27.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" 45 USD $8.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles- I Am The Walrus Navy Blue T-Shirt XL USD $11.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Mersey Beats 2 Strawberry Walrus Audio CD USD $29.14 Buy It Now 4 days
BABY WALRUS Baby Walrus CD ***NEW*** USD $6.98 Buy It Now 4 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $5.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Oasis - Wonderwall - US 5 Track CD - Round Are Way, Talk Tonight I Am The Walrus USD $18.85 Buy It Now 4 days
PROMO Walrus Who Can I Trust / Tomorrow Never Comes 1970 45rpm VG++ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS USD $5.02 Buy It Now 4 days
HUMANDRONE/WALRUS - Rizing Field - Vinyl (12") USD $12.83 Buy It Now 4 days
Venomous Walrus-Venomous Walrus CD NEW USD $14.29 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS same CD ss UK 70s prog psych rock bonus song L@@K USD $19.75 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 Capitol Vinyl Record USD $4.74 Buy It Now 4 days
Strawberry Walrus-This Is Not Here CD NEW USD $15.04 Buy It Now 5 days
Strawberry Walrus-Arnold Grove CD NEW USD $16.54 Buy It Now 5 days
LOT OF 3 BEATLES 45 W/ SLEEVES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE / YELLOW SUBMARINE / WALRUS USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW USD $21.06 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO "FOR THE WALRUS (Tribute to John Lennon)" 1981 7" 45rpm ~All Star Records USD $2.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL CANADA I AM THE WALRUS Canadian RCA press NICE! USD $2.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 7"Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" Capitol 2056 USD $13.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles- Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus - 7" Single EMI-Odeon - Japan USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles- Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus - 7" Single Apple - Japan USD $17.47 Buy It Now 5 days
Oliver Walrus-Oliver Walrus CD NEW USD $10.53 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS/PATSY BUTTERFIELD - hard rock & garage/skate punk instrumentals CD Promo USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus & The Carpenter - Old Soul's Eyes [CD New] USD $8.93 Buy It Now 5 days
Old Soul's Eyes - Walrus & The Carpenter (2015, CD New) USD $8.65 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO: For The Walrus (tribute To John Lennon) / Instrumental 45 Rock USD $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Oliver Walrus - Oliver Walrus 2 [CD New] USD $16.80 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus HOLLAND USD $21.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Boris / Merzbow : Walrus, Green Vinyl USD $11.00 [0 bids]
Old Soul's Eyes - Walrus & The Carpenter (CD Used Very Good) USD $6.93 Buy It Now 5 days
In His Life-the John Lennon Story Strawberry Walrus CD USD $26.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Les Demerle on [UA 50458] The Raven/I Am The Walrus USD $9.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS (1972 JANUS) S/T GF LP 12" VINYL~NOT BEATLES I AM THE *WALRUS~PSYCH~RARE! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES SAVOY TRUFFLE EP 7" VINYL APPLE WALRUS PAUL COVER NM VERY RARE USD $55.00 Buy It Now 6 days
REV vs. The Walrus Of Love - Let The Music Play 12" USD $2.51 Buy It Now 6 days
VINYL LP RECORD BARRY WHITE ANOTHER WAY TO SAY I LOVE YOU WALRUS FRAME SOUL DISC USD $8.79 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES, HELLO GOODBYE/ WALRUS, ORIG. 1967 SINGLE IN COMPANY SLV USD $16.25 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus Walrus LP JLS 3051 1972 Psychedelic Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles . Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus . 1967 Capitol Records 45 rpm VG USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Rock 45 Sando - For The Walrus / For The Walrus On All Star USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am the Walrus - The Beatles 7" w/t-shirt - BRAND NEW! USD $55.00 Buy It Now 7 days
JOLLY GOODS - WALRUS CD NEW+ USD $25.20 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS: WALRUS (JAPAN MINI LP: SHM-CD) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
7" BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus DUTCH *WORLDWIDE SHIPPING* VG+ USD $11.89 Buy It Now 7 days
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS USD $8.79 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus French 7" in picture sleeve Odeon USD $31.41 Buy It Now 7 days
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL USD $16.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others I´ve seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"