WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

FissureFissure
Decibel Worship 1997
WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
bakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm singlebakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm single
JANUS
Vinyl$10.00 (used)
Beatles "Hello Goodbye ,I am the Walrus"45 US $45.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES, THE: Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus (rock vinyl 45 CANADA) US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Empathy for the Walrus 0819376061221, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $20.10 Buy It Now 4h 47m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus * 7" FRENCH 45 PS ODEON FO 106 * US $25.00 Buy It Now 10h 27m
BEATLES Hello Goodbye RARE Denmark 45 STUNNING COND danish p/s I Am The Walrus US $27.00 [5 bids]
Adams/Riley - China Gates/Walrus In Memorium [CD New] US $8.51 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea [CD New] US $11.72 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single US $6.44 Buy It Now 16h 59m
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 45=NM- US $110.00 Buy It Now 18h 5m
Beatles - "I am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye" Capitol Canada 2056 first pressing US $5.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 1ST PRESSING PARLOPHONE US $5.24 [7 bids]
Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus SEALED 2011 TARGET 7" + S/M T-Shirt SET! US $29.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON FOS 106 I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $104.85 Buy It Now 22h 59m
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus 45 7" Capitol 2056 NM orig sleeve US $7.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS NEW CD US $31.89 Buy It Now 1 day
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus LP WHITE/GREEN VINYL unplayed US $46.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus Gumboot - Vintage Fan club Photograph 6 X 4 US $1.60 [0 bids]
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 US $17.68 Buy It Now 1 day
RANDY JACKSON**EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS**CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $93.55 [0 bids]
WALRUS - WALRUS [WALRUS] - NEW CD US $26.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus - Hard Rock & Garrage/Skate Punk Instrumentals - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $15.73 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 US $17.57 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES 45 "I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE" CAPITOL 2056 SWIRL LABEL US $4.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES " I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RECORD US $3.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" 45 US $6.75 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 on ODEON JAPAN PRESS IMPORT ~ I Am The Walrus / Hello, Goodbye US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles HELLO, GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE GERMAN SP BEATLES ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus AR/500 7" JPN RED VINYL 45, NM VINYL US $249.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Hash "I Forgot My Blanket" CD Single 1993 BEATLES COVER "I Am the Walrus" US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BORIS - WITH MERZBOW - WALRUS/ GROON - EP US $37.09 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #1 US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 RPM SINGLE : HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 US $4.99 [0 bids]
OASIS I Am The Walrus CREATION 12" VERY RARE ONE SIDED UK ORIGINAL PROMO CTP190 US $966.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Walrus (NEW CD) US $18.13 Buy It Now 2 days
Styx Big Bang Theory CD NEW SEALED 2005 I Am The Walrus/I Can See For Miles+ US $8.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Baby Walrus [Vinyl New] US $17.79 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am Walrus 3" Single CDS 1989 OOP Japan Rare !!!!! US $6.35 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES hello goodbye / i am the walrus 7" VG CAPITOL 2056 Vinyl 1967 Record US $11.25 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - THUJA - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / Walrus Rare DANISH Picsleeve 45 7" RARE Vinyl R5655 US $8.05 [0 bids]
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 US $16.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles I Am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye Capitol 45rpm US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES.HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS .1967.Parlophone..45.(Made in France) US $3.21 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #2 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES 45 RPM VINYL - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - Fair Condition US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE RESIDENTS Eskimo LP 1979 The Walrus Hunt Birth The Angry Angaka 2nd Pressi US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL 45RPM US $55.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl US $9.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES "Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 1st GERMAN 7" *ODEON* RARE 45 + PS US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" Good condition US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" pic sleeve VG- vinyl G+ US $22.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" VG condition US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I'm The Walrus Turkey Turkish PS 7" NO RESERVE US $2.76 [6 bids]
Empathy For The Walrus:music/beatles - Jackson,Randy US $9.97 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus, 1968 Capitol Rock VG++ US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" 45 RPM Capitol 2056 Picture Rare US $34.99 [0 bids]
There are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free US $30.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Hash - I Forgot My Blanket / I Am the Walrus 7" single (unplayed NM) '93 ELEKTRA US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH - "THE LAST PUFF" RECORD I AM THE WALRUS, NOBODY THERE AT ALL) US $0.59 [0 bids]
The Beatles: I Am The Walrus Mini Guitar Keyring US $9.44 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 2 45RPM LOT / STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER / I AM THE WALRUS US $5.00 [0 bids]
1967 45 & PICTURE SLEEVE THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE & I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL US $49.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Capitol Records US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 7 inch single "Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus' Odeon w Picture Sleeve US $16.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 45 Single Record Capitol 2056 US $7.32 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LOT OF 2 VINYL RECORD 45 SINGLE BEATLE ELEANOR RIGBY I AM THE WALRUS CANADIAN US $11.28 Buy It Now 4 days
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE US $15.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus UK 7" 1967 vg US $8.05 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS US $6.44 Buy It Now 4 days
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher US $69.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am the Walrus" G- condition US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Vintage LP Peter Pan records ALICE In wonderland *LOT Walrus and the Carpenter! US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS" 2056 PSYCH (1967) 7" SINGLE 45 PSYCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-VG-45-CAPITOL-CANADA US $12.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 45rpm Canada PICTURE Sleeve US $14.95 [0 bids]
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - W/OBI J-POP #50 US $6.98 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am The Walrus 45 RPM. 7' Vinyl UK Parlophone NM US $39.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy US $5.24 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES-HELLO GOODBUY/ AM THE WALRUS,1967 THE 1st ISSUE-MINE FROM NEW EX/CON US $6.44 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS US $11.28 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES Brazil 7" Hello, Goodbye & I am the Walrus 1967 ODEON 7-BT-08 Mint US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Dutch Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $14.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles 45 I am the walrus US $0.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES I am the Walrus/Hello , Goodbye EMI/ODEON FO 106 French 7 inch 45rpm US $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus US $6.45 [0 bids]
Baby Walrus - S/T Vinyl LP Slumber Party Records indie US $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single US $12.89 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Parlophone - 1967 - Gd! US $1.60 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus The 2nd Single - SSS Records / K-pop US $32.99 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"