WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

ROCK 45 WALRUS - Bakersfield Boogie Boy US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
THE BEATLES_I Am The Walrus_Hello Goodbye__used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a US $10.35 Buy It Now 9h 44m
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI US $14.95 Buy It Now 12h 45m
7"-Single BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (1967) FRANCE PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Walrus [CD New] US $18.84 Buy It Now 15h 6m
Beatles UNPLAYED I AM THE WALRUS 45 W PICTURE SLEEVE/STUNNING LIMITED PRESS!! US $34.99 Buy It Now 15h 45m
Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" single US $6.99 Buy It Now 16h 25m
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Nice Copy US $49.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 2 US $15.65 Buy It Now 18h 47m
REV VS. THE WALRUS OF LOVE - LET THE MUSIC PLAY - 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 19h 10m
BEATLES sealed LP Magical Mystery Tour CAPITOL smal-2835 I AM THE WALRUS US $20.50 [6 bids]
BEATLES 7" 45 I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE US $14.00 Buy It Now 19h 33m
WALRUS SELF TITLED JAPAN MADE LIMITED SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-93830 US $20.67 Buy It Now 19h 38m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE IAM THE WALRUS MEGA RARE FRENCH CONTRACT PRESS SOLD IN UK US $1.49 [0 bids]
WALRUS "WHO CAN I TRUST / TOMORROW NEVER COMES" 1970 DERAM US $6.27 [0 bids]
21h
BEATLES, THE: Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus (rock vinyl 45 CANADA) US $7.00 Buy It Now 22h 49m
Walrus-Walrus CD NEW US $28.22 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES 45 "I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE" CAPITOL 2056 SWIRL LABEL US $4.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS 45 rpm 7'' TURKISH RARE PRESS ODEON ! ERROR US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adams/Riley - China Gates/Walrus In Memorium [CD New] US $8.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea [CD New] US $11.68 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 45rpm I am the Walrus Capitol 2056 1966 US $19.18 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 45rpm & Picture Sleeve Capitol 2056 I Am the Walrus 1967 Ex US $23.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single US $6.25 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus * 7" FRENCH 45 PS ODEON FO 106 * US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus - Now You Know CD US $4.68 Buy It Now 1 day
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race,walrus And Cowboy UK US $9.38 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 US $9.38 Buy It Now 1 day
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou US $9.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles hello goodbye/ I am the walrus R5655 sweden EX condition US $50.00 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE I Am The Walrus 12" Ps, Full 8.47 Version B/W See Emily Play US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles : I Am The Walrus - Hello Goodbye : Parlophone : R 5655 US $0.70 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $101.81 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-VG-45-CAPITOL-CANADA US $12.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am Walrus 3" Single CDS 1989 OOP Japan Rare !!!!! US $6.26 [0 bids]
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus, 1968 Capitol Rock VG++ US $5.00 [0 bids]
Randy Jackson - Empathy for the Walrus (Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope,... US $17.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI US $14.84 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS 1967 Capitol 2056 7" 45 VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Capitol Green Label 45RPM Promo Record US $50.30 [3 bids]
WALRUS NEW CD US $31.24 Buy It Now 2 days
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus LP WHITE/GREEN VINYL unplayed US $46.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 45 Single Record Capitol 2056 US $5.99 [0 bids]
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE US $15.99 [0 bids]
Jackson Randy-Empathy For The Walrus: Music CD NEW US $18.39 Buy It Now 2 days
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 US $17.17 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ US $2.00 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON FOS 106 I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (2010, CD New) US $16.33 Buy It Now 2 days
RANDY JACKSON**EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS**CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 2 LP 1967-70 Let It Be/Something/I Am The Walrus/Revolution VG+/VG++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED US $20.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS - WALRUS [WALRUS] - NEW CD US $26.54 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - R 5655 UK 7" 45rpm 1967 1st US $4.68 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 RPM VINYL - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - Fair Condition US $0.99 [0 bids]
Walrus - Hard Rock & Garrage/Skate Punk Instrumentals - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $34.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Boris With Merzbow -Walrus/Groom - white/green/yellow vinyl LP - hyrda head US $16.50 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7 inch single "Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus' Odeon w Picture Sleeve US $15.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 on ODEON JAPAN PRESS IMPORT ~ I Am The Walrus / Hello, Goodbye US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ARCWELDER I Am The Walrus 7" Red/clear Vinyl B/w Sign O' The Times Pic Sleeve U US $8.21 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab US $36.19 Buy It Now 3 days
BORIS - WITH MERZBOW - WALRUS/ GROON - EP US $36.01 Buy It Now 3 days
Baby Walrus by Baby Walrus (CD, Feb-2008, Slumber Party Records) US $5.77 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS I Am The Walrus CREATION 12" VERY RARE ONE SIDED UK ORIGINAL PROMO CTP190 US $938.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Walrus (NEW CD) US $17.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Styx Big Bang Theory CD NEW SEALED 2005 I Am The Walrus/I Can See For Miles+ US $7.82 Buy It Now 3 days
Baby Walrus [Vinyl New] US $17.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye Record & Sleeve Capitol 2056 US $5.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES~45 RPM "HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 2056 M US $6.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES hello goodbye / i am the walrus 7" VG CAPITOL 2056 Vinyl 1967 Record US $11.25 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles HELLO, GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS Holland pressing vg++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS - THUJA - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 US $16.70 Buy It Now 4 days
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-CAPITOL 2056 VG+ 45 US $11.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL 45RPM US $55.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play US $8.21 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" Good condition US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" pic sleeve VG- vinyl G+ US $22.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" VG condition US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Empathy For The Walrus:music/beatles - Jackson,Randy US $9.97 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Parlophone Import 45 w/picture cover US $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #2 US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles "Hello Goodbye ,I am the Walrus"45 US $29.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye + I Am the Walrus (RARE BRAZILIAN pressing) US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles: I Am The Walrus Mini Guitar Keyring US $9.44 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix US $8.21 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #1 US $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus UK 7" 1967 vg US $7.82 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS US $6.25 Buy It Now 5 days
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher US $65.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am the Walrus" G- condition US $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LOT 2 VINYL RECORD 45 SINGLE BEATLE ELEANOR RIGBY I AM THE WALRUS CANADA 1960's US $10.95 Buy It Now 5 days
RARE Beatles Hello Goodbye/Walrus UK 7" single DECCA pressing R5655 US $9.32 Buy It Now 5 days
MINT EXCELLENT LN VGC Walrus - Now You Know CD US $1.55 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / I am the walrus CAPITOL 2056 swirl US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"