WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / 12-string guitar, bass guitar
John Scates / guitar
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / flute, alto flute, clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, wind
Roy Voce / saxophone, tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta
Barry Parfitt / piano, organ, keyboards
Roger Harrison / drums, claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]
Esoteric
THE RESIDENTS Eskimo LP 1979 The Walrus Hunt Birth The Angry Angaka 2nd Pressi USD $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus SEALED Longbox CD 3" CD Rare USD $29.99 [0 bids]
USD $69.99 Buy It Now
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 USD $16.13 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $12.74 Buy It Now 3h 4m
MIKE FAB GERE - I am the Walrus - UK 7" 1993 P/S USD $4.51 Buy It Now 4h 45m
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE US ORIGINAL EAST COAST USD $34.32 [10 bids]
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 G USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus JAPAN 7" OR1838 Japanese USD $12.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS - S/T - CD - UK PROG/ROCK - 1970 + BONUS TRACK USD $12.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS s/t LP 1972 Janus orig VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 53m
Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 45 Single Vinyl Record - Original USD $3.99 [1 bids]
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 13h 14m
BEATLES I Am The Walrus CAPITOL USD $1.99 [1 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $7.87 Buy It Now 19h 25m
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $7.87 Buy It Now 19h 25m
Hash - I Forgot My Blanket / I Am the Walrus 7" single (unplayed NM) '93 ELEKTRA USD $6.99 [0 bids]
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 USD $16.60 Buy It Now 22h 55m
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $31.31 Buy It Now 1 day
45 rpm Beatles I Am the Walrus, Hello Goodbye Capitol Records 2056 USD $1.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P USD $5.63 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45-2056 Maclen Credits USD $15.99 [0 bids]
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $29.99 Buy It Now
BEATLES 45 I AM THE WALRUS 1967 West Coast ps HELLO GOODBYE ex vinyl Capitol lp USD $12.50 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES 45~~Capitol Swirl 2056~~I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye EX VG+ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye + I Am the Walrus (RARE BRAZILIAN pressing) USD $6.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " "I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RPM Record Capitol w/ Sleeve USD $19.50 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff LP, Mike Harrison I'm The Walrus USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Crack The Sky, Lighten Up McGraw / I Am The Walrus, Lifesong 1782, WLP USD $3.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish Only Parlophone R 5655 USD $10.50 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ USD $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Original Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STYX I am the Walrus EDIT TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD single BEATLES remake cover trk USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES BY JACKSON,RANDY (CD) USD $18.02 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / instr. ~ALL STAR VG++/VG+ Beatles related rock USD $8.19 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS s/t lp Vinyl Album US 1972 Janus Psych Rock Near Mint- USD $5.99 [0 bids]
45 record of BEATLES hello/goodbye and i am the walrus USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - WALRUS [WALRUS] - NEW CD USD $14.73 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE USD $7.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Jackson Randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of Beatles Songs Of CD USD $15.79 Buy It Now 2 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $7.87 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $7.87 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $7.87 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $7.87 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $12.60 Buy It Now 2 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson USD $15.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES~45 RPM "HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 2056 M USD $8.95 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS Songs LP NEW SEALED VINYL IMPORT PSYCH ROCK GUERSSEN RECORDS USD $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles "I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye" 1967 Capitol 7" 45RPM 2056 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Rock Beatles Iam The Walrus/ Hello Goodbye. Capitol 2056 Vg+ USD $24.95 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $7.87 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 1ST PRESSING 1967 USD $0.92 [2 bids]
CD-Walrus-Same~'69 UK Jazz ~Prog Psych USD $10.99 [0 bids]
VENOMOUS WALRUS - VENOMOUS WALRUS NEW CD USD $16.41 Buy It Now 4 days
OLIVER WALRUS - OLIVER WALRUS NEW CD USD $22.79 Buy It Now 4 days
BORIS with MERZBOW walrus groon yellow/green LP EARTH ISIS SUNN MELVIN USD $39.00 [0 bids]
OLIVER WALRUS - OLIVER WALRUS 2 NEW CD USD $20.87 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-VG-45-CAPITOL-CANADA USD $14.44 Buy It Now 5 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $75.08 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - S/T 1972 American r&b/psych rock vinyl record. Original Gatefold USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Pic Sleeve USD $24.44 [0 bids]
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $9.01 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS/PATSY BUTTERFIELD - hard rock & garage/skate punk instrumentals CD Promo USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS selftitled JANUS 3051 Prog/Psych USD $14.00 [0 bids]
Vol. 2-Mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus (2009, CD New) USD $14.52 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus .. USD $6.01 [0 bids]
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Japan '77 reissue, PS insert, w/ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson... USD $8.75 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles 45 I Am The Walrus (long version) / Hello Goodbye ~ Capitol VG+ USD $5.00 [0 bids]
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $15.88 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $69.97 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW USD $4.49 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES 45 RPM VINYL - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - Fair Condition USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles HELLO, GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 45/7 SINGLE BELGIUM PARLOPHONE USD $19.90 [0 bids]
Golden Record RD21 (Walrus & the Carpenter) Tweedle-Dum (1951) 6" 78 rpm EX USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS: Who Can I Trust 45 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles "I Am The Walrus bw Hello Goodbye" Vg Parlophone R 5655 USD $2.24 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single USD $12.00 [0 bids]
31028 Beatles Hello Goodbye I AM Walrus Plane 60s Group Band Refrigerator Magnet USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LES DeMERLE The Raven/I Am The Walrus 45 Jazz FUNK Instrumentals SOUL 1968 HEAR USD $17.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus CD USD $28.69 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles Capitol 2056 I am The Walrus and Hello Goodbye USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Framed The Beatles I Am The Walrus Poster Mounted In Black Frame (Poster A4size) USD $16.51 Buy It Now 8 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $11.89 Buy It Now 8 days
WALRUS s/t LP on JANUS --- psych / rock --- SEALED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES-3 INCH CD (CD3)-HELLO GOODBYE C/W I AM THE WALRUS- JOHN PAUL GEORGE RNGO USD $18.99 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish Only '67 Parlophone R 5655 EX USD $19.51 Buy It Now 8 days
WALRUS - Now You Know CD casket / 24HR POST !! USD $4.49 Buy It Now 8 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY : I AM THE WALRUS CD UK PIGLET 1993 USD $3.25 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES "EX+" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT ISSUE USD $30.02 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES, THE - I Am the Walrus:T-shirt:NEW:LARGE ONLY USD $23.35 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES, THE - I Am the Walrus:T-shirt:NEW:MEDIUM ONLY USD $23.35 Buy It Now 9 days
Walrus- walrus (CD) USD $17.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 9 days
(ROCK 45) THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE (PS) USD $30.00 Buy It Now 9 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY : I AM THE WALRUS CD UK PIGLET 1993 USD $1.91 Buy It Now 9 days
CD walrus ~ USD $8.11

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#285914) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#548021) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"