MY FAVORITE TRAIN

3 Lapidescence
4 My Favorite Train
5 Rainbow's Edge
6 Cold Rain & Far Away Senders
7 What Would Lucas Think About It ?
8 After The Train

Search SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND My Favorite Train lyrics

Search SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND My Favorite Train tabs

- Sébastien Gramond / all instruments

Unlistenable Records

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition

SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND My Favorite Train Music

More places to buy SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND music online Buy SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND My Favorite Train ratings distribution

SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND My Favorite Train reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'My Favorite Train' - Sébastien Gramond (8/10)

A very cool jazz record, to be sure! Even listening to Sébastien Gramond's 'My Favorite Train' now, there is the fairly clear impression that the music here is of a greater quality than many of Gramond's other albums in the style. Although the music is still almost as jam-oriented as many other jazz records by this mad Frenchman, this is the first time where I get the impression that this is a jazz record of truly professional quality from Gramond. Led mostly by Gramond's explorations with the distinctive sound of the melodica, the album is a perfect record to put on at the end of a day.

The first thing I notice an improvement in is the quality of the recording, which somehow sounds as clean and clear as any other recording you'll hear by a jazz musician. I would imagine Gramond is using a professional studio here, because I have never heard the sound of his music come through the speakers so cleanly refined. Although production values are obviously not the cornerstone to a musical experience, it puts 'My Favorite Train' a step above the other jazz Gramond albums I've heard.

Another very important aspect here that distinguishes 'My Favorite Train' from the other more generic jazz records of Sébastien Gramond's is his use of the melodica. For those who haven't heard the instrument before, it comes across sounding like a mix between an accordion and saxophone. The end result is a playful and pleasant sound that works well to lead over the piano and drumwork, both of which are also very well done here. The lead solos are always very nicely done, incorporating liberal doses of melody into the framework and making for a very soothing effect.

The compositions here do still feel somewhat aimless and overdrawn at times, but then again, structural brilliance has never been what jazz is about. Instead, the album works very well as an intelligent jazz record to put on in the background. That being said, there is also enough dynamic in the music to enjoy it just as much listening intently.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#431357) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 11, 2011

Post a review of SÉBASTIEN GRAMOND "My Favorite Train"