RAMADAN

- Name / guitars
- Name / drums

Ramadan (LP) Metronome MLP 15.414 Sweden 1971
Ramadan (LP) Metronome, CTI Records DIX 3000 US 1971

Thanks to Logan for the addition

BJORN J:SON LINDH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BJORN J:SON LINDH Ramadan Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Lyne: Recorder Concerto/Lindh B.: Recorder ConcertLyne: Recorder Concerto/Lindh B.: Recorder Concert
BIS 1994
AtlantisAtlantis
Storyville
Vinyl$9.99 (used)
Boogie WoogieBoogie Woogie
Metronome
Vinyl$29.99 (used)
a day at the surface LPa day at the surface LP
VANGUARD
Vinyl$20.00 (used)
Det Baste MedDet Baste Med
Imports 2008

More places to buy BJORN J:SON LINDH music online Buy BJORN J:SON LINDH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BJORN J:SON LINDH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BJORN J:SON LINDH Ramadan ratings distribution

BJORN J:SON LINDH Ramadan reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars I do not know how many times I've listened to "Lastbrygga" and "Kullens fyr" and everytime I am blown away with the jazzy grooves of these two amazing tracks. Lindh's flute and electric piano are excellent in every way and always performed in a flawless fashion on every recording of his.

The music could be described as late 60's, early 70's movie soundtracks with it's kind of minimalistic grooves and funky jazz rock. At least that is true in the two tracks previously mentioned. For me that is musical heaven. It is something truly mesmerizing about that sound.

While "Lastbrygga" and "Kullens fyr" are excellent pieces of music the tracks inbetween are pleasent but not really to my taste. They are a bit too similar in sound, I find. The album is framed in the two groovy jazz rock tracks while the main body consists of more mellow pieces. I have always thought that the album would have done better if Lindh put one more groovy track in the middle, making it a more varied album.

Conclusion: "Ramadan" is a good but non-essential album. While the first and last track are brilliant the middle pieces are kind of lost to me. Not bad, just not that interesting. Pleasant but not outstanding in any way. I do urge you, though, to listen to the two tracks I have mentioned. They are excellent and shows the scandinavian jazz rock at it's finest.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#951306) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013

Post a review of BJORN J:SON LINDH "Ramadan"