SUONI DI FRONTIERA

3. Frammento (0:09)
4. Apertura (1:56)
5. Oh Lyra... (2:25)
6. Oscillando (1:53)
7. Il Rame E Gli Armonici (4:10)
8. Tarantella (1:51)
9. Canzone Popolare (2:00)
10. H˘ (2:25)
11. Del (Rub) (Id) Are Cultura (2:21)
12. Suoni Interni (1:40)
13. Dopo Arona (3:00)
14. Acoustic Seedback (2:30)
15. Per Antichi Canali (2:46)
16. Ritmi (4:12)

Search CLAUDIO ROCCHI Suoni di Frontiera lyrics

Search CLAUDIO ROCCHI Suoni di Frontiera tabs

- Claudio Rocchi / acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, piano, percussion, EMS VCS3, Binson echorec, Revox A77, Tascam 3340, Ampeg LongTube SW2223, vocals, contact mic AKG 26T

LP: Ariston ARI2293

-Experimental electronic music described by the artist as "diving deeper into psychoacoustics, a practical theory on healing music, mind resonances, inner flows"

Thanks to finnforest for the addition

CLAUDIO ROCCHI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CLAUDIO ROCCHI Suoni di Frontiera Music

Pedra MendalzaPedra Mendalza
Btf 2008
Volo Magico N.1Volo Magico N.1
Imports 2014
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - A FUOCO [CLAUDIO ROCCHI] [4029758519820] - NEW CD US $18.07 Buy It Now 1 day
1979 il Concerto-Area, Banco, Claudio Rocchi, Mauro Pagani, etc Italian prog 2cd US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - A FUOCO (IMPORT) NEW CD US $16.45 Buy It Now 4 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - NON CE N'E' PER NESSUNO (IMPORT) NEW CD US $16.45 Buy It Now 4 days
Volo Magico, No. 1 by Claudio Rocchi (Vinyl, Apr-2013, RCA) US $25.02 Buy It Now 4 days
Claudio Rocchi - Volo Magico N 1 [Vinyl New] US $27.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - PEDRA MENDALZA - NEW CD US $21.44 Buy It Now 5 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - VOLO MAGICO 1 (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $36.81 Buy It Now 5 days
Claudio rocchi- i think you heard me right (Stormy Six, Mauro Pagani) US $17.49 Buy It Now 7 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - I THINK YOU HEARD ME * - NEW CD US $16.46 Buy It Now 7 days
^ CLAUDIO ROCCHI a fuoco JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 8 days
^CLAUDIO ROCCHI non ce n'e per nessuno JAPAN MINI LP CD US $41.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Claudio Rocchi- Non ce n'e per nessuno (Stormy Six) (Digipak) US $23.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Dasanudash Ras Mandal Reggae Kevin Douglas / Claudio Rocchi Vinyl LP US $18.75 Buy It Now 12 days
*CLAUDIO ROCCHI A FUOCO / JAPAN MINI LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - A Fuoco CD F/S 522 566-2 US $29.98 Buy It Now 16 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - NON CE N'E PER NESSUNO - NEW CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 19 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - A FUOCO [CLAUDIO ROCCHI] [888430736320] - NEW CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 19 days
PAOLO TOFANI & CLAUDIO ROCCHI UN GUSTO SUPERIORE , KRISHNA, RARE ITALIAN LP US $29.00 Buy It Now 19 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI - SULLA SOGLIA - NEW CD US $16.46 Buy It Now 22 days
Nuova Idea/Claudio Rocchi/I TOP 4/S.Luca-PROGRESSIVE-CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Claudio Rocchi I Think You... CD US $13.47 Buy It Now 28 days
JAPAN MINI LP CD CLAUDIO ROCCHI A FUOCO US $39.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Uno- Uno [Osanna- Osage tribe- claudio rocchi] OBI US $19.99 Buy It Now 29 days
CLAUDIO ROCCHI Viaggio ITALY Mini CD 2003 BMG Near Mint ! Free & Safe Shipping ! US $22.75 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy CLAUDIO ROCCHI music online Buy CLAUDIO ROCCHI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CLAUDIO ROCCHI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CLAUDIO ROCCHI Suoni di Frontiera ratings distribution

CLAUDIO ROCCHI Suoni di Frontiera reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars Shape-shifting

There are artists out there who shape-shift - metamorphose into something completely different than what they started out as. Pink Floyd did so - King Crimson continue to do as well, and well I could go on and on, but I guess you already know where I'm going with this. Often these acts shed their worn out shells like one of those migrating sea snails that trade in their empty portable houses for a new one every time they grow too big for the old one. Maybe music is not that different, and perhaps these artists simply grow out of their former sonic house, replacing it with a brand spanking new one with balcony and silver showers to boot.

I actually don't know what happens, and maybe the musicians have no clue either, all I know is that I was completely caught off guard, when I purchased this Claudio Rocchi release. The other albums I've got in my collection of his, which incidentally also are his earlier efforts, are Indian themed psychedelic excursions. They are RPI at heart with a strong penchant for earthy and warm sounding instruments, such as wooden styled conga drums and lots of acoustic guitars - bringing with them a certain whiff of the Italian folk music roots. Then I popped this album on the stereo, and I dropped my coffee-mug and jaw simultaneously. Talk about a change in style! It was like finding out your mother actually is Eva Braun, and she secretly enjoys shooting zebras on cold African nights as long as she's got enough heroin and avant guarde schlager music to go with it.

This album is a progressive electronic one. There are no hints to the Rocchi of old - no folky acoustic guitars nor floating psychedelic sections with beautiful choral mellotron bursts. Here we get buzzing, iron fisted swarms of electronica. The mood is grim and soulless - reverberating inside this huge metallic orb. Playing around with all kinds of robotic sounding synthesizers and tape-loops, Rocchi manages to conjure up a heartless and lonesome atmosphere that flies around the listener as huge wailing bees - praying to the eternal bee gods to let them keep their amber coloured gold to themselves. This is a goodbye to the Hare Krishna inspired path of his old albums. There is a distinct emptiness of the mid 70s unfolding here - a so called reality check bringing all those fantastic artistic dreams down to the ground. There were still people fighting in the streets, poverty, injustice, war, famine and every other downfall of humanity they'd been facing before the dreamy 60s. Somehow this lack of faith, or whatever one wishes to call it, is all over this outing. The synths sound like cold winter and forgotten dreams.

Even so, there's still a very good album hiding underneath all this misery. If you're able to come to terms with this rather remarkable shift in style, you will hear an adventurous affair that puts all of the aforementioned human pitfalls under a sonic microscope. Well at least that's what it sounds like to me. Rocchi utilizes tape-loops in a unique way, that I have grown increasingly fond of, where they seem to grow in size and sound with every reverberation. They transform into these effervescent spiralling ghost insects buzzing and chirping upwards like an electronic animal discharge. Underneath it all a disturbing unmelodious foundation lurks. It feels malicious and mechanical like it was made up of old despairing machines. They sound like ancient evil vacuum cleaners left for dead - giving off the kind of sounds you get from old buildings at night, when nobody is there.

Suoni di Frontiera translates into The sound of the frontier, and maybe this particular album is the kind of warning you may find in the likes of Brave New World and 1984. I honestly don't know - all I know is that I get a kick out of the cryptic electronics on offer here, that more than anything were forerunners of famous Italian prog electronic artists such as Francesco Bucherri and later with Maurizio Bianchi. It's all here in this record. The unfathomable unmelodious slicing music that tears through flesh and bone with the power and grace of a cannibalistic ballet dancer. 3.5 stars for a dehumanizing journey into the darker and colder parts of the electronic genre.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#667939) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 19, 2012

Post a review of CLAUDIO ROCCHI "Suoni di Frontiera"