GOOLUTIONITES AND THE REAL PEOPLE

Tamam Shud

Tamam Shud Goolutionites and the Real People album cover

Buy TAMAM SHUD Music
Studio Album, released in 1970

1. The Goolutionites and the Real People / They'll Take You Down on the Lot (4:53)
2. I Love You All (3:44)
3. Heaven in Closed (9:07)
4. A Plague (5:11)
5. Stand in the Sunlight (2:41)
6. Take a Walk on a Foggy Morn (2:19)
7. Goolutionites Theme (Part 1 & 2) (7:12)

Total time 35:07

Search TAMAM SHUD Goolutionites and the Real People lyrics

Search TAMAM SHUD Goolutionites and the Real People tabs

- Dannie Davidson / drums
- Tim Gaze / guitars
- Lindsay Bjerre / guitars, vocals
- Peter Barron / bass

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

TAMAM SHUD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TAMAM SHUD Goolutionites and the Real People Music

Imports 2008
Goolutionites And The Real PeopleGoolutionites And The Real People
Mayfair Music 2014
Vinyl$34.99
Tamam Shud - Goolutionites & The Real People [CD New] US $29.99 Buy It Now 17h 35m
TAMAM SHUD PERMANENT CULTURE OZ PROG PSYCH ORIGINAL OUT OF PRINT 1994 DELETED CD US $27.92 Buy It Now 2 days
THE SUNSETS - A LIFE IN THE SUN - ULTRA RARE AUSTRALIA EP - 1967 TAMAM SHUD US $54.73 [3 bids]
JOHN ROBINSON Pity For The Victim Oz 70s PROG Blackfeather DUCK Tamam Shud LP US $199.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Tamam Shud - Goolutionites & The Real People CD US $30.01 Buy It Now 6 days
Tamam Shud - 1968 1972 Evolution & Goolutionites Aus CD US $46.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MORNING OF THE EARTH Surfing AUSTRALIA '72 Psych Lp TAMAM SHUD John J Francis EX US $179.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KAHVAS JUTE Free OZ PSYCH/PROG Rock 1971 Sole 45 RARE!! Ozzy Osborne TAMAM SHUD US $99.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MORNING OF THE EARTH Surfing JAPAN PRESS OBI '79 OZ SURF Psych Lp TAMAM SHUD US $138.70 [0 bids]
Tamam Shud - 1968-1972 Evolution & Goolutionites [CD New] US $46.98 Buy It Now 8 days
TAMAM SHUD Evolution RARE Oz PROG/PSYCH Surfing LP 1969 EX- Soundtrack SURFING US $299.99 Buy It Now 9 days
TAMAM SHUD - 1968-1972 EVOLUTION & GOOLUTIONITES NEW CD US $56.60 Buy It Now 9 days
Tamam Shud-Goolutionites & the Real People Australian prog psych cd 9 bonus US $21.99 Buy It Now 10 days
TAMAM SHUD 1968 - 1972 OZ CD New Prog Rock Surf Evolution and Goolutionites US $46.50 Buy It Now 16 days
tamam shud : goolutionites and the real people CD US $17.90 Buy It Now 16 days
Lindsay Bjerre~Original OZ LP Stealing hours EX '77 Tamam Shud Albatross Pirana US $21.36 Buy It Now 18 days
TAMAM SHUD Stay OZ CD 3 Track EP 1994 Rare bonus tracks US $18.57 Buy It Now 21 days
Tamam Shud - Permanent Culture CD..'94 New Zeland hard rock..RARE US $37.99 Buy It Now 25 days
1968-1972 Evolution & Goolutionites - Tamam Shud New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free US $50.19 Buy It Now 26 days

More places to buy TAMAM SHUD music online Buy TAMAM SHUD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TAMAM SHUD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TAMAM SHUD Goolutionites and the Real People ratings distribution

TAMAM SHUD Goolutionites and the Real People reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars "Australian psych-prog classic". Well, that is saying something, isn't it? I have read that line and similar, some even proclaiming it to be a masterpiece, many times and I always wonder what it is compared to. Is it Spectrums Milesago or The Aztecs or who? I have not an answer for this.

When I bought the album it was by way of lines as those above. Here was this amazing concept album of a progressive pedigree of the highest rank by this australian band, since long disbanded. I had to have it. When I received it, was I blown away? Was my inner feelings aroused by joy and musical fulfillment? Truthfully? No. No, I was not. By God, no.

The only thing I noticed, at first, was the extremely shaky vocals of Lindsay Bjerre. It drowned away everything else and I was deeply troubled. The album was then laid to rest, hidden away amongst the other CD:s of my collection. As time passed by, the feelings of dislike faded away and my interest for Tamam Shud re-emerged. By that time I managed to see through the foggy haze of rather bad vocals. When uncovered I found a treasure. A little gem of progressive rock.

The cover is beautiful with it's simple concept. A totally blue background, a gate and some sort of mythical being leading a parade of people, of sorts. That is alone something to behold. Inside this artistic delight is the music itself. The music of Tamam Shud is a mixture of psych, hard rock, jamming and progressive explorations, with a hint of jazz and folk. It is throughout a moody album. Reflective and pensive at times. Explosive and hard rocking at other times.

The music flows by, in an ever flowing segment, as many a progressive album do. Though comprised of several moods and changes in musical direction the music never strays too far but retains a sense of cohesiveness.

The shorter tracks, like "I love you all" and the jazzy "They'll take you down on the lot", are really effective parts of the equation, acting intermediary to the longer epics of the album. "Heaven is closed" and "A plague". The two songs "Goolutionites theme part 1 and 2" act as one entity and is a fine example of the jazzy progressive jazz-rock of Tamam Shud.

The vocals aren't as bad as I first experienced. They are not the greatest but in context they actually work really well. They are shaky but somewhat charming, ranging from being sometimes bad and sometimes quite good. If you get past the vocals I dare say you are in for a treat, listening to this album.

So, is it an australian masterpiece of prog? I can't say. I know too little about Australia's prog scene of the 1970's (or any decade) to say. It is, however, a great progressive album by any national standard and has that certain australian flavor I have found in Spectrum's music. That tone is very pleasing and makes for a very enjoyable experience. I really recommend anyone into psych-prog or progressive rock with jazzy elements to give it a listen. It is a great example of early progressive rock's attitude towards music in general, blending and twisting all genres into one delicious concoction.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1161672) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014

4 stars Goolutionites still basically continues in the west coast acid rock style of the previous album - they still hadn't really crossed over into full-blown prog, although the addition of Tim Gaze to the band gave them the instrumental chops to carry the band into more ambitious territory in the years to ... (read more)

Report this review (#722304) | Posted by sl75 | Wednesday, April 11, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Tamam Shud was a psych-prog rock band formed in 1967. The name of the band is a a Persian phrase meaning "the very end", taken by the band's guitarist Bjerre from the closing words of Omar Khayyam's poem "The Rubaiyat". The band was probably influenced by the "Mystery of the Somerton Man", a c ... (read more)

Report this review (#301953) | Posted by DeKay | Monday, October 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TAMAM SHUD "Goolutionites and the Real People"