HIGH VOLTAGE

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2010

Disc 1
1. Tarkus (20:44)
2. Pictures At An Exhibition (33:34)
3. Nutrocker (4:24)

Disc 2
1. Touch And Go (3:42)
2. The Barbarian (4:30)
3. Fanfare For The Common Man (9:43)
4. Lucky Man (4:39)

Sanctuary Records Group Ltd., Beaumont House,
Kensington Village, Avonmore Road, London W148TS
BIEM/SABAM LC06448. Set No: 2743614

Thanks to Bungalow Bill for the addition

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER High Voltage Music

EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER the best of el&p 1999 cd japan promo US $49.75 Buy It Now 52m 58s
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER cassette tape album THE BEST OF US $8.11 Buy It Now 1h 33m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - Tarkus (CD 1993) GERMANY Pressing US $11.35 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer-"Works" Japan mini lp cd's US $23.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer "Love Beach" LP US $5.57 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Works Volume 1 2LP's EX+ Vinyl US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Love Beach LP NM Vinyl "Merchandise Insert" US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Emerson Lake & Palmer: Tarkus Cotillion SD 9900 record club edition US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Love Beach Atlantic LP SEALED 1978 US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER TRILOGY JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Live in Barcelona 1992 (mini LP-2xCD) Black Moon Tour US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER. 7" single FANFARE FOR THE COMMOM MAN jukebox ready US $4.85 Buy It Now 4h
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER cassette tape album WORKS VOL 2 US $9.08 Buy It Now 4h
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - ELP (STEVEN WILSON'S 2012 RE-MASTER) NEW SEALED 2-LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
EMERSON,LAKE & PALMER - TARKUS / Japan LP / OBI / 1976 / Gatefold US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer, "Trilogy" 1972 Press Original vinyl LP US $34.95 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Works Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 Atlantic Prog Rock 3 Records US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 55m
22 Emerson Lake & Palmer/Keith Emerson/Emerson, Lake & Powell/The Nice cassettes US $29.95 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - PICTURES AT EXHIBITION NEW SEALED 180 GR LP US $44.99 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer ?- Works Volume 1 US $5.24 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Brain Salad Surgery by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Cassette 1973 Manticore Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Mar Y Sol LIVE 1972 - NEW Limited Edition LP US $32.42 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER pictures at an exhibition LP VG ELP 66666 Record Club 1972 US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 31m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER pictures at an exhibition LP VG+ ELP 66666 Record Club '72 US $26.00 Buy It Now 6h 32m
2-SIDED ROCK/PROMO/45/EMERSON/LAKE/PALMER/"ALL I WANT IS YOU"/1978 US $5.35 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - Fanfare For The Common Man 7" (45 p/s German) US $1.61 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "Welcome Back My Friends To The Show.. ORIG.1974 TRIPLE LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 44m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Pictures At An Exhibition UK LP `PROGRESSIVE ROCK NMINT!!! US $16.22 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER LIVE @ THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL 1993 VICTORY RECORDS OOP US $4.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER BRAIN SALAD SURGERY FACTORY SEALED RECORD CLUB ISSUE US $14.00 [0 bids]
1972 EMERSON LAKE & PALMER PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER TRILOGY ORIGINAL ALBUM RECORD US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER IN CONCERT RECORD ALBUM US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
BEST OF ELP EMERSON LAKE & PALMER CASSETTE US $3.24 Buy It Now 7h 52m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF G) US $7.30 Buy It Now 8h 14m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER pictures at an exhibition LP VG+ WLP ELP 66666 Vinyl 1972 US $45.00 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Nice ST The Nice Lp Us Immediate Emerson Lake & Palmer Elp Psych Hard Rock US $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 17m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER KSD19120 US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 34m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LONG BEACH KSD 19211 US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 42m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER WORKS VOLUME 2 KSD 19147 US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 47m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER THE BEST OF ELP XSD 19283 US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 55m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER **Brain Salad Surgery **BRAND NEW RECORD LP VINYL US $22.92 Buy It Now 8h 56m
ELP - Fanfare - The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer - Live - CD Album US $2.42 Buy It Now 9h
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER IN CONCERT QSD 19255 US $25.00 Buy It Now 9h
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER WORKS VOL 1 2 LPS US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 3m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER BRAIN SALAD SURGERY LP GATEFOLD SLEEVE + FOLD OUT POSTER US $8.09 [1 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer- debut album LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer- "Tarkus" LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 9h 49m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition UK Island 1971 LP US $8.09 [0 bids]
ELP EMERSON LAKE & PALMER works vol.1 Japan SHM 2 CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
ELP EMERSON LAKE &PALMER works vol 2 JAPAN SHM CD KEITH GREG CARL SEALED US $7.99 [1 bids]
ELP EMERSON LAKE PALMER in concert Japan mini lp SHM-CD SEALED US $5.99 [0 bids]
ELP EMERSON LAKE&PALMER love beach Japan mini lp SHM-CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
ELP Ladies & Gentlemen Welcome Back My Japan 2 SHM CD EMERSON LAKE PALMER Seal US $14.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ELP works live JAPAN MINI LP SHM 2 CD KEITH GREG CARL SEAL US $14.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer ~ Trilogy ~ CD ~ 1972 US $9.44 Buy It Now 10h 10m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER WORKS VOLUME 1 GATEFOLD COVER 2 LP SET 699 US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 17m
7 INCH SINGLE EMERSON LAKE & PALMER NUTROCKER JAPAN US $8.09 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Box Set - 3 SHM Japan CD Mini LP Replica Albums +PROMO BOX US $90.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Box Set - 5 SHM Japan CD Mini LP Replica Albums +PROMO BOX US $125.00 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer LP Brain Salad Surgery * Manticore MC-66669 (1973) US $3.83 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER FANFARE FOR THE COMMON MAN 2 CDS CMEDD110 US $4.04 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - WORKS LIVE NEW CD US $20.49 Buy It Now 11h 25m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER WORKS LIVE 2 CDS SONY MUSIC 88697848652 US $4.85 [1 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "BRAIN SALAD SURGERY" 1977 ATLANTIC RECORDS RE-ISSUE EX US $12.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-7 TITLE-JAPAN MINI LP HQCD SET BD50 US $236.99 Buy It Now 11h 53m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Trilogy LP Cotillion SD 9903 (1972) gatefold orig ELP US $4.92 Buy It Now 12h 12m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - LP RECORD 33 RPM - 1970 US $8.09 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer S/T self-titled vinyl DEBUT LP EX 1971 US $6.95 Buy It Now 12h 27m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - ELP & The Best of ELP US $9.95 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Tarkus LP SD19121 VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 42m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer 31 Guitar Tabs Software Lesson CD & 4 Backing Tracks US $6.75 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER TRILOGY LP 1972 Psych Prog ~ NM VINYL / NM/M COVER! US $20.99 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Vintage LP Album - Emerson, Lake & Palmer - WORKS - 1977 US $3.99 Buy It Now 14h 6m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER-Show That Never Ends,The (2 Cd CD NEW US $14.76 Buy It Now 14h 30m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - BRAIN SALAD SURGERY - EX US $3.95 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Trilogy ; Atlantic SD 19123 US $7.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer, Tarkus, Japan OBI LP, Atlantic P-10126A, 1976 US $35.00 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Welcome Back My Friends Part Two Vintage 8 Track Tape US $12.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Welcome Back My Friends Part One Vintage 8 Track Tape US $12.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends (ARUN) US $7.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Tarkus - Cotillion SD 9900 LP ex cond. (early first press) US $9.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Tarkus Gatefold Thud Prog Classic 1971 Cotillion LP Clean! US $19.00 Buy It Now 15h 3m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER--------TRILOGY 33 RPM US $5.30 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER TARKUS ROCK VINYL RECORD ALBUM US $1.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Tarkus - UK PRESSING - nearly Near Mint Vinyl - prog US $4.99 [1 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Classic Rock Featuring "Luck Man" 1994 Cassette Rock US $3.00 Buy It Now 15h 54m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS NEW CD US $20.49 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer BRAIN SALAD SURGERY LP USA Manticore VG+/VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer LOVE BEACH LP USA Atlantic VG+/VG+ US $2.49 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer TARKUS LP USA Cotillion VG+/VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
"Classic Rock" "Emerson, Lake & Palmer" "Brain Salad Surgery" "Rare LP" US $9.99 [0 bids]
signed autograph 3 BANDMATES / EMERSON LAKE & PALMER RECORD LP US $25.49 [2 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Tarkus (LP) Cotillion SD-9900 Stereo 1971 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Self Titled (LP) Cotillion SD-9040 Stereo 1971 US $3.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - BLACK MOON - BLACK MOON - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $15.67 Buy It Now 16h 42m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER 33 RPM US $5.30 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer "Brain Salad Surgery" LP. 1st edition w/gate-fold. 1973 US $6.99 Buy It Now 16h 58m
ELP EMERSON LAKE & PALMER tarkus Japan mini lp SHM-CD SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Works Vlomue 1 2xLP NM- US $13.99 Buy It Now 17h 16m

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER High Voltage ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER High Voltage reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Another compilation of ELP... surely you must be joking?

I'm not joking, and don't call me Shirley.

Here we go with another obsolete cash in recording of the best of ELP. At last count there was a minimum of 14 compilations and of that collection there were at least 2 worth getting being "the Ultimate Collection" and "The Manticore Boxset". Of course these feature everything on this latest compilation and more so are ideal for newbies or for those unfortunate pedestrian proggers who cannot be bothered getting the quintessential 6 seventies albums: namely, "Emerson Lake & Palmer" (debut), "Tarkus", "Brain Salad Surgery", "Trilogy", "Pictures at an Exhibition", and "Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends", a triple-live album. These albums will give you just about everything you will ever need apart from one or two from "Works". This year has also seen a box set of live ELP that is wonderful and worth grabbing too called "A Time And A Place."

So what do we have here in this lovely little unashamed cash in on the latest concert tour of High Voltage? Well, it's not all that bad if you are a newbie for a number of reasons. The tracks are not butchered but are given the full treatment without edits and they are remastered so sound quality is A1.

You can take the 20 minute 'Tarkus' test right here as always. No complaints here though I have personally heard this at least 50 times.

You can revel in the full blown concert epic 'Pictures At An Exhibition', all 33:34 minutes of it; this is always stunning music and a good way to obtain the concert if you do not have the original album. But who doesn't own this already? All ELP fans would have this so the album is definitely not designed for existing fans and you would expect fans to be at the concerts to shell out a hundred bucks to see them. So if this Comp was on the merchandise stand at the concert it is unlikely it would sell to fans, who are not completists at least. Certainly the concert had a great sale item of the "High Voltage Live" and THIS is worth grabbing.

'Nutrocker' is here too on the comp which also comes from the "Pictures" concert. So CD 1 is about an hours worth of classic ELP at its best.

Flicking on CD 2 we have the amazingly out of place 'Touch And Go' and I thought the album says ELP not ELP. Hang on a minute let's try that again... I thought the album says Emerson Lake & PALMER not Emerson Lake & POWELL. That's right, the Powell version of this anti- classic is here for no particular reason and it is simply a ridiculous choice. A sheer delight to find the often left off 'The Barbarian' instrumental from the debut, a brilliant piece of music by any standards.

Then the familiar trumpet sounds bring us the quintessential 'Fanfare For The Common Man', perhaps the only reason to get "Works 1" and this version here is the full 9:43 minute unedited version, so I won't trouble the complaints department here.

What's next? Ah, it had to be... the mandatory Lake ballad. Sorry, Mr lake but I am bored witless one minute into it. How many times I have had to endure this tripe, the only great thing about it is the ending with the Emerson synth section. But I would hazard to guess that every dang ELP compilation features this track. Correction, not features, inundates the listener with this track. And don't give me that excuse that it is a single and has to go here, there is a lot better material that could have replaced it such as 'Jerusalem' or a section of 'Karn Evil 9'. In fact that brings me to the question, where the heck IS 'Karn Evil 9'? It's ridiculous that this track is missing. If I had been in charge of this comp set list, 'Karn Evil 9' would have been priority and replaced 'Touch and Go' and 'Lucky Man' as 8 minutes of this classic buries both these tracks. Lastly, but by no means leastly, we have the brilliant 'Take A Pebble' clocking 12:27 and I adore this track so no complaints from me. Absolutely brilliant Lake vocals and Emerson piano drives this along and it is mesmirising from start to finish.

Now this second CD runs for a whopping 36 minutes. You heard me right, 36 minutes on a CD! and they have the audacity to leave out 'Karn Evil 9', 'Trilogy' and 'Pirates' which would have fit on here easily in some form. What gives? What a rip off? Seriously, who are they kidding?

"Love Beach", "Works 2" and "In the Hot Seat" were completely ignored as a strategic move one might suggest, so we are spared having to wade through any of that regurgitated dross. No "Black Moon" material is a surprise though as that wasn't half bad.

So overall this is an amazing compilation of ELP, but why bother? Everyone needs to hear the aforementioned ELP classic albums and there's enough compilations to sink a battle ship so another compilation just does not make sense. A tour CD? Still, no excuse, as a live CD is sufficient. I can understand labels wanting new material but this is just grabbing at the hip pocket of completists and newbies have enough to choose from and much better at that. I am left in a perplexed state looking at this album. It is expensive, well packaged, with nice booklet and a great sound, but purely obsolete. Having said this, it has to get 2 stars at least as the songs are essential, and perhaps some newbies to the band out there may grab this and want more; eventually being led to get hold of some of the best 70s prog albums on the planet.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#294211) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 12, 2010

Review by Einsetumadur
2 stars no rating:This is *no* footage from the High Voltage Festival 2010!

I (fortunately) wasn't fooled by the name of this compilation and therefore do not own it.

But I know the music which is to be heard, and the music ranges from 2 stars (Touch And Go), 3 stars (Nutrocker, Lucky Man), 4 stars (Fanfare For The Common Man) to 5 stars (Pictures, Tarkus, Take A Pebble, The Barbarian).

Musically, this thing should therefore be somewhere around 5 stars.

But the first big question is: who needs this compilation? Beginners get quite a good impression of some of the best ELP tracks. It is okay, too, that Karn Evil is missing here, which in my opinion isn't the most necessary ELP piece. There also aren't too many compilations which include that many tracks from the early ELP 1970-1971; but: where is Trilogy? Furthermore, there already exists one great compilation with a bigger diversity and some more additional minutes (CD 2 of High Voltage is somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes), Fanfare for the Common Man: The Anthology.

But the thing which annoys me extremely is that the album title could make people who know that ELP played on the High Voltage Festival 2010 buy this record, thinking that this is the matching live CD. If this is a marketing technique (and I do think it is), I call that infuriatingly impudent and rude.

Musical quality: 4.5/5 Compilation quality: 2.5-3/5

Actually this compilation, smelling badly of a rip-off, shouldn't get more than one star. But beginners who want to get to know ELP shouldn't be disappointed as there is some good music to listen to, so I will give 2 stars.

Send comments to Einsetumadur (BETA) | Report this review (#296891) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2 stars They fooled me - againWhat we have here is a blatant rip off, another try of a record company to get at your money. They try to make dumbasses (like myself) buy this album. How do they do it?They use the fact that a band (in this case ELP) have just played the High Voltage festival and that a CD ... (read more)

Report this review (#294146) | Posted by Bungalow Bill | Wednesday, August 11, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "High Voltage"