THE BRANCHES EP

- Nate Patterson / bass
- Josh Rheault / Guitar, Keyboard, Vocals

Self-released in 2010.

Thanks to thomen0815 for the addition

THE DEAR HUNTER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DEAR HUNTER The Branches EP Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Color Spectrum: The Complete CollectionThe Color Spectrum: The Complete Collection
Box set
Triple Crown 2014
Vinyl$13.96
Migrant RepriseMigrant Reprise
Sound Pollution 2014

More places to buy THE DEAR HUNTER music online Buy THE DEAR HUNTER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DEAR HUNTER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DEAR HUNTER The Branches EP ratings distribution

THE DEAR HUNTER The Branches EP reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'The Branches EP' - The Dear Hunter (8/10)

Having come to my attention last year with their tour-de-force 'Act III: Life & Death,' the Dear Hunter has since become one of my favourite modern bands. Imagine my excitement when I heard there was some fresh material from these guys for listening. Despite the fact that this is a short EP (clocking in at almost twelve minutes, with three tracks) 'The Branches EP' has impressed me, and given me a night of beautiful fresh music to dive into.

Being recorded and released to members of the band's fan club exclusively, 'Branches' has subsequently been leaked onto the internet. The songs here sound like they could have easily been highlights from 'Life & Death,' although there is definately more of an indie sound (akin to that of the Arcade Fire) on this EP.

Each of the songs has it's own unique feel to it. The opener 'B. Linus' is probably the most typical Dear Hunter track. It starts out very much like an alternative rock song, except with a bit of a rhythmic offbeat that sounds pleasantly out of place. The second song 'Isabella' is the slower, most emotionally powerful song on the EP. The final song 'Owls' is arguably my favourite here, and also the most 'indie' sounding of the three tracks.

Despite the fact that many might pass this off as just an attempt to bridge the gap between full length studio efforts, 'Branches' has really moved me with it's strong melodies, crystal production and powerful performance from all musicians involved. By all means, this is as noteworthy as anything else in the band's discography and with some more content of this quality in a full length, Casey Crescenzo and company could have a new masterpiece on their hands by this time next year.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#294578) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 15, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Teasing us before new album will be released (and it's not too hard to search it up on youtube, even it's basically for "fan club only"), Casey Crescenzo released this 12 minutes long effort. I used to like The Dear Hunter a lot and even some of my passion for them disappeared, I still value some of their works (probably second album is the best, Act II.). Great would probably be too strong word, so let's keep up with "good" music, shall we ?

Interesting cover, better average music (well, it's TDR), melodic, with music unbearable for some die hard Prog fans, but open minded are welcomed here.

4(-), keenly waiting for Act IV.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#301758) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 03, 2010

Review by The Truth
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars This one is pretty much just an indie-rock effort, which I love don't get me wrong, but it is by no means part of that epic story Acts I-III got going.

B. Linus and Isabella are both the closest the little EP gets to the other 3 releases and they include the vocals I've come to adore by Casey and some very decent instrumental playing. It seems odd to hear songs by The Dear Hunter that aren't part of a concept for some reason...

Anyways, Owls is almost vaguely hitting Electronica music but not quite. A purely pop song, it is rather catchy, and you come to love it in the end.

Decent EP to say the least, definitely for diehard fans and people who love the more mainstream side of TDH. However, I hope that the Rainbow EPs are better because not much can keep me contained while I wait for Act Four to be released. (Which I just recently heard won't be for some time now *tears*).

Send comments to The Truth (BETA) | Report this review (#301833) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 03, 2010

Post a review of THE DEAR HUNTER "The Branches EP"