A WOOFER IN TWEETER'S CLOTHING

Sparks

Sparks A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1972

1. Girl from Germany (3:26)
2. Beaver O'Lindy (3:44)
3. Nothing Is Sacred (5:31)
4. Here Comes Bob (2:09)
5. Moon Over Kentucky (4:08)
6. Do Re Mi (3:38)
7. Angus Desire (3:25)
8. Underground (2:59)
9. The Louvre (5:04)
10. Batteries Not Included (0:47)
11. Whippings And Apologies (5:05)

Search SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing lyrics

Search SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing tabs

- Harvey Feinstein / drums
- Ron Mael / organ, piano, keyboards, vocals
- Russell Mael / vocals
- Earle Mankey / guitar
- James Mankey / bass, guitar

CD # 110 Wounded Bird records

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing Music

Fontana Island 2006
#1 in Heaven#1 in Heaven
Repertoire 1999
THE SPARKS WHEN I KISS YOU 12" SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
SINGING SAM & THE SPARKS -Daybreak-Rare Funk Soul 45-HONEY RECORDS #1472 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Ted Koltowicz and the Sparks Of Fire Orch. The Dancing Boots IRM Records Polka! US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 42m
GRAHAM PARKER AND THE RUMOUR LIVE SPARKS PROMO LP US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 49m
SPARKS BROTHERS 1932-1935 LP Blues Documents Austria CHARLIE MCFADDEN Complete US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Until Morning/Come Out of the Dark [Digipak] * by Tori Sparks (CD, Aug-2011,... US $16.25 Buy It Now 2h 18m
HALLOCK / SPARKS / CHORAL ARTS NORTHWEST - CATHEDRAL ANTHEMS NEW CD US $24.06 Buy It Now 2h 31m
SPARKS - DICK AROUND (EP) NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 2h 41m
SPARKS 12 Inch Single Fingertips_The Scene 1986 Curb US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
SPARKS-WHEN I KISS YOU 5 MIXES M- UK rock 12" US $11.98 Buy It Now 2h 43m
SPARKS ~ When Do I Get To Sing My Way ~ 2 x 12" Single PS PROMO US $15.26 Buy It Now 2h 57m
JEREMY KITTEL - CHASING SPARKS NEW CD US $22.91 Buy It Now 3h 2m
(CE415) Tommy Sparks, She's Got Me Dancing - 2009 DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Echo Sparks From A Wheel Remixes Vinyl 12 US $4.75 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Jordin Sparks - Battlefield - CD (jive) US $18.82 Buy It Now 3h 18m
GRAHAM PARKER & THE RUMOUR Squeezing Out Sparks 1979 VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
2012 LEAF POP CENTURY AUTO: JORDIN SPARKS - AUTOGRAPH "AMERICAN IDOL WINNER" US $16.90 Buy It Now 4h 2m
(AI684) Tommy Sparks, Miracle - DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 4h 7m
RICK CUA Midnight Sun 1989 CD RARE OUTLAWS REBECCA SPARKS US $16.95 Buy It Now 4h 13m
cd C2 GREG & REBECCA SPARKS FIELD OF YOUR SOUL US $25.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
HARD TIME BLUES St. Louis 1933-1940 Mamlish S3806 LP aaron milton sparks  US $84.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Graham Parker and the Rumour - Squeezing Out Sparks LP Arista AB 4223 (1979) VG+ US $3.00 [0 bids]
TOMMY SPARKS - TOMMY SPARKS NEW CD US $20.20 Buy It Now 4h 51m
The Sparks Live Life CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 9m
SPARKS When I Kiss You / Music to Dance To Maxi EP 12" Vinyl NMint US $1.00 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Beachwood Sparks Loser Edition Colored Vinyl Tarnished Gold Sealed 2X LP Sub Pop US $125.00 Buy It Now 7h 15m
25 Collectible 12" RECORDS-BLOW OUT SALE-TWISTA- SHAGGY- SPARKS- RAY J US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yellow Red Sparks, Yellow Red Sparks, New US $15.56 Buy It Now 8h 18m
New Crack City - Clinton Sparks - New CD US $5.81 Buy It Now 8h 39m
THE SPIRIT VALENTINE "A SHOWER OF SPARKS" CD 1992 music Like New ULTRAVIOLET US $4.59 Buy It Now 9h 13m
THE SUMMER HITS Honey Machine RARE 7" EP #43/300 ORGASM Tyde/Beachwood Sparks US $39.99 Buy It Now 9h 17m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) NEW US $5.00 [0 bids]
Sparks Kimono My House - 1st vinyl LP album record UK ILPS9272 ISLAND 1974 US $40.65 Buy It Now 9h 59m
SPARKS "The number one song" RARE 7" ORIG ITALY-NEAR PERFECT! MORODER PRODUCTION US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 8m
LARRY SPARKS - BEST OF LARRY SPARKS: BOUND TO RIDE NEW CD US $15.20 Buy It Now 11h 41m
Profile: The Ultimate Sparks Collection - 2 CD Box Set - 1991, Rhino Label US $27.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
SPARKS WHEN I´M WITH YOU 2 VERS PS 7" GERMANY 1980 US $5.59 Buy It Now 12h 24m
GRAHAM PARKER Squeezing Out Sparks US $16.11 Buy It Now 12h 40m
CD Album: Sparks : 1st Album US $10.47 Buy It Now 13h 25m
Sparks ?- The Heaven Collection / Hell Collection -RARE 2CD BOX SET (T. Rex Devo US $39.53 Buy It Now 15h 11m
Sparks, Jordin Jordin Sparks CD NEW (UK Import) US $12.97 Buy It Now 16h
Sparks,Larry - Best Of Larry Sparks: Bound To Ride [CD New] US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Reggae 45 Lovers Rock TREVOR SPARKS Magic Man DIGITAL ENGLISH Records US $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 8m
Sparks "Indiscreet" Island Records, Stereo ( vg++ ) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe (2CD New) US $22.05 Buy It Now 16h 32m
EDITORS All Sparks 2 Track CD Single EU 2006 US $4.95 Buy It Now 16h 41m
Jacky Cheung Sparks of Love [Hybrid SACD] NEW Hong Kong CD 2003 ??? ??? Album ?? US $89.00 Buy It Now 17h 4m
Sparks - In Outer Space CD US $18.75 Buy It Now 17h 14m
MIRANDA COSGROVE CD - "SPARKS FLY" US $2.50 Buy It Now 17h 24m
(497O) Tommy Sparks, I'm A Rope - DJ CD US $4.16 Buy It Now 17h 39m
JEFF SPARKS - JAZZY CHRISTMAS WITH JEFF SPARKS NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 17h 50m
LARRY SPARKS, CD "KENTUCKY BANJO" NEW SEALED US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h
Sparks - Kimono My House (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $11.02 Buy It Now 18h 16m
NEW - Travelin' by Sparks, Larry US $5.22 Buy It Now 18h 39m
YELLOW RED SPARKS NEW VINYL US $30.11 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
* SPARKS TERMINAL JIVE / JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 20h 14m
Razzy Bailey- Sparks.....rare new/sealed cassette! US $10.00 Buy It Now 20h 32m
1998 Maylay Sparks Unusual Styles / I Mani MS-0027 12" NM Vinyl Play Tested US $5.50 Buy It Now 21h 30m
SPARKS "I Predict" LP Cut and CLUB MIX Promo 12" Single US $7.95 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Minny Pops - Sparks In A Dark Room [Vinyl New] US $37.98 Buy It Now 22h 5m
HARRY SOKAL GROOVE - WHERE SPARKS START TO FLY - NEW CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 22h 13m
LARRY SPARKS - JOHN DEERE TRACTOR - NEW CD US $12.03 Buy It Now 22h 20m
1962 Presenting The New Christy Minstrels Randy Sparks 2-Eye MONO CL-1872 VG+ US $2.90 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Sparks Something For The Girl With Everything 7" Single 1U 1U Pressing - VVG US $0.85 [0 bids]
Sparks Amateur Hour 7" Single 2U 1U Pressing - VVG US $0.85 [0 bids]
SPARKS Calm Before the Storm EDIT & UNRELEASE CD Single US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 33m
sparks lp introducing w/inner vg+/vg+ pc 34901 US $5.99 Buy It Now 22h 55m
sparks lp big beat wl promo w/inner vg/vg+ pc 34359 US $5.99 Buy It Now 22h 57m
Sparks Best Of Music You Can Dance To Cd Curb US $8.80 [0 bids]
JORDIN SPARKS - ONE STEP AT A TIME 1TRK PROMO CD B13 US $0.99 Buy It Now 23h 9m
Vintage 70s Sparks Kimono My House Island Records Album Vinyl LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 23h 28m
Sparks of Rhythm Meet Vocaltones - 33 RPM 12" LP - Apollo 1001 - R US $11.00 [0 bids]
Sparks Kimono In My House (1974, Island) Shrink Wrap! Record, Vinyl, Album, LP US $24.97 Buy It Now 23h 51m
Larry Sparks Sings Hank Williams LP Ralph Stanley Clinch Mountain Boys US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 58m
Larry Sparks You Could Have Called LP Ralph Stanley Clinch Mountain Boys US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
??? ????? Jacky Cheung Sparks Of Love, RARE original 1st print CD 1992 PolydorHK US $75.00 [0 bids]
2-Cassette Tape set-THE ISLAND STORY 25th ANNIVERSARY-U2/Bob Marley/Sparks/Waits US $2.99 [0 bids]
20 song BLUEGRASS ORIGINALS V2 country gentlemen JD CROWE larry sparks NEW TAPE US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $4.90 [0 bids]
Sparks Propaganda 1974 CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks in a Dark Room [5/20] by Minny Pops (Vinyl, May-2014, 2 Discs, Factory... US $35.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks / Modesty Plays 45 Single 12" French Release US $5.00 [0 bids]
SPARKS, Just Got Back From Heaven, CD, IMPORT US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks Big Beat 1976 CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
MARK SPARKS / CLINTON ADAMS - FLUTE RECITAL NEW CD US $24.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Uncut Magazine 02.2006 CD "New Music for 2006"(Buzzcocks,Sparks,Belle US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Two Sparks & Two Stars, Two Sparks & Two Stars, Very Good Maxi, Single US $7.71 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS tryouts for the human race 7" WS EX/ uk virgin US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMMIE LUNCEFORD: The Last Sparks-1941-1944 (jazz vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TIM SPARKS - LITTLE PRINCESS * [702397814320] - NEW CD US $11.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Graham Parker Squeezing Out Sparks CD Rock New Wave Music Album Brand New US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKS 9 LP PROTOPUNK POP ROCK 70's LOT CLEAN VINYL NR Check It Out US $32.00 [6 bids]
(DM398) Clinton Sparks Kanye West, Touch The Sky - sealed CD US $10.35 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY REBEL - TRY TRY / TREVOR SPARKS / SUPER CAT /WILD APACHE LABEL / SEALED 90S US $0.98 [0 bids]
Sparks Indiscreet 1975 CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Sparks-Pulling Rabbits Out Of A HAT-orig. press PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT!!w/sleeve! US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN CROWLEY - SEASON OF THE SPARKS NEW CD US $20.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $2.60 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing ratings distribution

SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars This is a pretty good album, and a bit better than I initially thought it was, but it's definitely a sophomore slump. After the debut sold poorly and Todd Rundgren was ousted as producer, the band made the decision to try and make its sound more palatable to a mainstream audience, and the results were predictably mixed. While some of the album shows the band proudly flying its freak flag high, there's also a clear attempt to wedge the band's style into a power pop format, with a great deal more emphasis on Earle Mankey's guitars, and this isn't for the best. This shift in direction and the corresponding consequences immediately become clear in "Girl from Germany," which opens the album. In my review of Sparks, I essentially said that, in another context, "Wonder Girl" would have had its chorus and harmonies extracted and put into a more normal song. Well, "Girl from Germany" demonstrates the potential results, for good and bad; the vocal melody and chorus are decent, and the lyrics are interesting (about the difficulties of dealing with people who still had prejudice against Germans, despite their beautiful women and fine cuisine), but the arrangement is a little bland and certainly nowhere near as fun or eccentric as the one for "Wonder Girl."

Much of the rest of the album also shows this strong focus on guitar pop, and overall the songs are ok but not spectacular. After starting with a fun cabaret-style interlude, "Beaver O'Lindy" sees loud fast drums burst on the scene, and the song turns into a decent fast rocker with a chorus that involves yelling the title one letter at a time. "Do Re Mi" (yup, a cover of that song) does the transition from keyboard-based ballad to speedy rave-up rocker much better, and it's easy to see why it was such a stage favorite. "Underground" (written by Earle Mankey) is a pretty catchy pop-rocker (and way more enjoyable than "Biology 2" could ever be), with some interesting twists, but again, it doesn't really betray much in the way of genius. "Whippings and Apologies" (coming immediately out of the great 45-second music- hall piece "Batteries Not Included") is great though, featuring a nice riff and a real frenzy in the guitars at times, with a nice false end before the song rides the groove for another 90 seconds.

The other tracks are more in line with the kind of band depicted on the debut, but these are uneven as well (the best track in this category is definitely the aforementioned "Batteries Not Included"). "Nothing is Sacred" is a bizarre lumbering number with a curious piano riff in the chorus, and for me it just kind of meanders by until the end (there are a couple of small departures from the main song that I find inspiring, though), when Russell's incessant "NOTHING IS SACRED ANY MORE, NO NO NOTHING IS SACRED ANY MORE ..." falsetto scream-sings take over and the song really gets on my nerves. "Here Comes Bob" is another fun music-hall number, bolstered by a small playful string ensemble, about a guy who meets people by running his car into theirs (hitting buses and limos if he wants to meet a lot of people at once), and while my first listens to the song made me wonder why I was wasting my life in such a way, I've come to enjoy it plenty. "Moon Over Kentucky" is another grower, full of dark atmosphere in the piano and guitars, and I find myself especially drawn to (a) the way Russell places the emphasis on the syllables in the chorus, and (b) the organ chordings at the end (the band could have easily chosen to just fade out over the final Russell wailings over the piano/guitar vamp, but I like that they didn't), which provide a very satisfactory conclusion. The rest of the album is a little forgettable, though; "Angus Desire" is a pleasant shuffle that leaves little impression on me, and "The Louvre" is just a decent atmosphere with the lyrics sung once in French and once in English because they couldn't decide which version to include, so they decided to just throw on both.

A lot of people regard this as the equal or even the superior to the debut, but obviously I can't even remotely get behind that; it's just nowhere near as interesting. Maybe it's more refined and more mature in some ways, but this kind of refinement and maturity is totally counter- productive. I should note that my CD version has both this and the debut on the same disc, and I don't know about the availability or cost of stand-alone versions of this, so it may well be that buying both albums together is the best way to go, but as a single disc, I would definitely wait on buying this until I'd heard a few other Sparks albums.

PS: There is a curious mistake in the splitting of the tracks on my version, and I suspect that many who own this album have the same version. The track marked "Batteries Not Included," which actually lasts 45 seconds or so, ends up containing this song plus the bulk of "Whippings and Apologies," and the track marked "Whippings and Apologies" only contains the last 90 seconds after the false ending. Since "Batteries" immediately segues into "Whippings" without a clear division, my solution for mp3 listening was to rip the two tracks together into a single track, which eliminates any annoyances that may come from this.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1131160) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 13, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing"