A WOOFER IN TWEETER'S CLOTHING

Sparks

Sparks A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1972

1. Girl from Germany (3:26)
2. Beaver O'Lindy (3:44)
3. Nothing Is Sacred (5:31)
4. Here Comes Bob (2:09)
5. Moon Over Kentucky (4:08)
6. Do Re Mi (3:38)
7. Angus Desire (3:25)
8. Underground (2:59)
9. The Louvre (5:04)
10. Batteries Not Included (0:47)
11. Whippings And Apologies (5:05)

Search SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing lyrics

Search SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing tabs

- Harvey Feinstein / drums
- Ron Mael / organ, piano, keyboards, vocals
- Russell Mael / vocals
- Earle Mankey / guitar
- James Mankey / bass, guitar

CD # 110 Wounded Bird records

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing Music

Sparks / Woofer in Tweeter's ClothingSparks / Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing
Edsel Records UK 2013
JIMMIE LUNCEFORD THE LAST SPARKS 1941 1944 HEAR IT US $9.00 Buy It Now 33m 22s
Woody Sparks - Mutility [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 51m 55s
YELLOW RED SPARKS Four Steps In Corsets 4tk US PROMO cd w/Live Track US $6.99 Buy It Now 57m 57s
(CG441) Christopher Rees, Sparks Flying - 2011 DJ CD US $4.81 Buy It Now 59m 11s
VINYL 7" SINGLE - BEAT THE CLOCK - SPARKS - VS270 US $11.25 Buy It Now 1h 3m
SPARKS Modesty Plays long/short French Picture sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
(DE352) Sea Fruit, Looking for Sparks - 1999 DJ CD US $4.81 Buy It Now 1h 40m
SPARKS: Beat The Clock/ Tryouts For tHe Human Race Rare CANADIAN 45 1979 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
TOMMY SPARKS Album 2009 UK 10-track promo CD US $4.81 Buy It Now 2h 19m
PERE UBU Waiting For Mary 12" Ps, 3 Tracks Inc Wine Dark Sparks+Flat, Ubu 212 US $14.47 Buy It Now 2h 23m
THE TYDE Twice 2003 UK 11-track promo CD Beachwood Sparks US $6.42 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Various Artists Hidden Sparks CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 52m
GLEAMING SPIRES Walk on Well Lighted Streets PVC LP Advance Copy SPARKS New Wave US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Sparks I Predict Club Mix 12 Inch Vinyl US $2.95 Buy It Now 3h 19m
SPARKS: Run Run Run (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 27m
SPARKS: Run Run Run / Danny Boy (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Lot of 20 80s Rock Cassette Tapes - Sparks, Journey, Cougar, Firm, ZZ Top, Fagen US $24.99 [0 bids]
LP - Eastbound Records - Melvin Sparks - Texas Twister US $99.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS - MUSIC THAT YOU CAN DANCE TO - 1986 PROMO - NM US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h
Farmer Dave Scher Flash Forward To The Good Times LP New Mint Beachwood Sparks US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
PROMO Sparks No 1 in Heaven 1979 Stereo LP VG++ US $27.99 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $1.50 [0 bids]
TORI SPARKS - SCORPION IN THE SKY NEW CD US $17.35 Buy It Now 4h 52m
TORI SPARKS - UNTIL MORNING / COME OUT OF THE DARK NEW CD US $20.94 Buy It Now 5h 2m
JORDIN SPARKS - An Original Sound Recording-Tattoo-Freeze Shy Boy-One Step At A US $2.65 Buy It Now 5h 7m
HOUSTON PERSON - Heavy Juice ~ MUSE 5260 {nm} w/Melvin Sparks, Jon Logan RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 17m
SPARKS - Kimono My House (SHM Mini-LP CD w/Obi) RARE!!!! US $34.99 [0 bids]
HALFNELSON (aka SPARKS) self titled LP WHITE LABEL PROMO ORIGINAL s/t US $35.00 [0 bids]
LOT OF 4 CD SUB POP PROMO-Beachwood Sparks,Hot Hot Heat,Vue,The Catheters US $1.99 [1 bids]
SPARKS In Outer Space 1st issue 1982 Japan WLPromo LP w/ Insert NM! US $54.95 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $6.99 [0 bids]
SAD AMONG STRANGERS "Sparks Fly Upwards" UK 7" 45 Vinyl Single 1980 US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) Brand New Sealed CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks Japan Edition CD B3 US $6.29 Buy It Now 7h 21m
LARRY SPARKS - ALMOST HOME NEW CD US $18.79 Buy It Now 7h 32m
SPARKS: KIMONO MY HOUSE 2006 REMASTERED CD INC 3 BONUS TRACKS / NEW US $7.65 Buy It Now 7h 45m
UNCUT PRESENTS NEW MUSIC FOR 2006 (BUZZCOCKS/SPARKS/KRISTOFFERSON)(Feb 2006) US $1.59 [0 bids]
Melvin Sparks Akilah White Label Promo Jazz Funk Breaks Idris Leon Spencer US $15.00 [0 bids]
8h
SPARKS - HELLO YOUNG LOVERS NEW CD US $20.59 Buy It Now 8h 3m
MIRANDA COSGROVE - SPARKS FLY (IMPORT) NEW CD US $14.86 Buy It Now 9h 2m
SPARKS Pulling Rabbits LP ~ SEALED ORIGINAL 80's new wave vinyl record RARE US $14.95 Buy It Now 9h 7m
JORDIN SPARKS - BATTLEFIELD NEW CD US $10.55 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Oddball Folk Music Lp MEET THE BACK PORCH MAJORITY YELLOW Lbl EPIC Randy Sparks US $19.00 Buy It Now 9h 19m
Now That I Own The BBC by Sparks-1994,Dance/House Import Maxi Single CD,Logic US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Loud Earth, Sparks Audio CD US $6.34 Buy It Now 10h 8m
SPARKS GO GO - VARIETY - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $23.74 Buy It Now 10h 23m
[LP] Sparks,The Best Of Sparks (Island) {NM} US $17.69 Buy It Now 10h 38m
VYNAL RECORD SINGLE. [ SPARKS ] US $1.61 [0 bids]
SPARKS NOW THAT I OWN THE BBC CD1 RON RUSSELL MAEL MOTIV 8 US $3.20 [0 bids]
SPARKS Number 1 Song In Heaven 7" single picture sleeve NM/NM- playtested US $8.05 Buy It Now 11h 31m
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe (NEW 2CD) US $20.51 Buy It Now 11h 36m
SPARKS NOW THAT I OWN THE BBC CD2 RON RUSSELL MAEL UNDERWORLD + ACOUSTIC US $3.20 [0 bids]
Through The Sparks - Lazarus Beach CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 11h 41m
SPARKS THE NUMBER ONE SONG IN HEAVEN RON RUSSELL MAEL TIN TIN OUT US $3.20 [0 bids]
SPARKS DICK AROUND CD RON RUSSELL MAEL WATERPROOF CHANGE INTERVIEW + VIDEOS US $3.20 [0 bids]
SPARKS WHEN DO I GET TO SING MY WAY CD RON RUSSELL MAEL THE GRID BBC LC 7502 US $3.20 [0 bids]
12h
SPARKS WHEN DO I GET TO SING MY WAY CD NATIONAL CRIME AWARENESS WEEK LC 7502 US $3.20 [0 bids]
SPARKS WHEN DO I GET TO SING MY WAY 6 TRACK CD RON RUSSELL MAEL THE GRID US $3.20 [0 bids]
SPARKS WHEN DO I GET TO SING MY WAY 5 TRACK CD RON RUSSELL MAEL MICROBOTS US $3.20 [0 bids]
SPARKS WHEN I KISS YOU CD 6 TRACK BEATMASTERS RED JERRY OLIVER LIEB HYSTERIE US $3.20 [0 bids]
[LP] Sparks,Music That You Can Dance To (Curb) {EX} USA US $20.09 Buy It Now 12h 37m
SPARKS WHEN I KISS YOU CD 4 TRACK BEATMASTERS BERNARD BUTLER BBC ACOUSTIC US $3.20 [0 bids]
Sparks - Exotic Creatures Of The Deep [CD New] US $14.55 Buy It Now 12h 42m
SPARKS WHEN I KISS YOU CD 5 TRACK RED JERRY OLIVER LIEB DUB US $3.20 [0 bids]
SPARKS WHEN I KISS YOU RARE REMIX ISSUE DJ CASANOVA PALLADIUM MIX US $3.20 [0 bids]
Sparks - Gratuitous Sax & And Violins (NEW CD) US $18.09 Buy It Now 13h 16m
SPARKS - TERMINAL JIVE - BONUS TRACKS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $20.59 Buy It Now 13h 22m
SPARKS-AMATEUR HOUR-LOST AND FOUND US $0.16 [0 bids]
Worst Thing I've Been Cursed With, Sparks the Rescue, New US $4.27 Buy It Now 13h 56m
AGENT SPARKS - RED ROVER (CD) (REF E1) US $6.42 Buy It Now 14h 24m
SPARKS 'TWO HANDS ONE MOUTH : LIVE IN EUROPE' 2 CD SET (2013) US $19.24 Buy It Now 14h 29m
MAKE UP YOUR MIND - Trevor Sparks & Bobo General (DB1616) US $4.81 Buy It Now 14h 37m
50 th Rock N Roll Collector '45 Jerry Sparks "My Tears" on Fidelity US $16.00 [0 bids]
In Outer Space [Remaster] by Sparks (CD, Mar-1999, Repertoire) US $15.02 Buy It Now 14h 53m
Terminal Jive [Remaster] by Sparks (CD, Apr-1999, Repertoire) US $14.85 Buy It Now 14h 53m
Music That You Can Dance To by Sparks (CD, Mar-2011, Repertoire) US $15.02 Buy It Now 14h 53m
Akilah by Melvin Sparks (Vinyl, Jan-1993, BGP (Beat Goes Public)) US $18.08 Buy It Now 14h 54m
Sparks!/Akilah by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jan-1993, Ace (Label)) US $17.29 Buy It Now 14h 55m
SOKAL HARRY/GROOVE - WHERE SPARKS START TO FLY - CRACK0046 US $18.69 Buy It Now 14h 55m
Halfnelson (Sparks) / A Woofer In Tweeters Clothing * NEW US $20.26 Buy It Now 14h 56m
NICK (IMPORT) URATA - RUBY SPARKS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $28.49 Buy It Now 15h 8m
DO YOU KNOW NOW - Trevor Sparks (DB1588) US $4.81 Buy It Now 15h 15m
Sparks Are Gonna Fly US $7.72 Buy It Now 15h 16m
SPARKS Tryoits for the human race 7" NEW WAVE POP SYNTH US $4.01 Buy It Now 15h 37m
SPARKS BIG BEAT demonstration 1976 ISLAND RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Sparks: Angst In My Pants CD Album 2013 reissue of 1982 album US $8.03 Buy It Now 15h 41m
Catherine Wheel - Sparks Are Gonna Fly 2 mixes - US CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe NEW CD US $16.77 Buy It Now 16h 26m
BELINDA CARLISLE @RARE LIVE CD (The Go-Go's,Germs,Sparks,Bangles,Susanna Hoffs) US $16.95 [0 bids]
Sparks Kimono My House CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $9.64 Buy It Now 16h 43m
Yellow Red Sparks - Yellow Red Sparks New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $26.73 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Sparks Larry-40 CD NEW US $16.19 Buy It Now 17h 4m
Best of Sparks - Sparks New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $20.79 Buy It Now 17h 10m
SPARKS - NO MORE MR. NICE GUYS // WONDER GIRL - MINT- US $7.00 Buy It Now 17h 18m
Clinton Sparks Remixes Volume V 6Trak Maxi 12" NELLY USHER Lil MO E-Dub OLIVIA 5 US $1.61 Buy It Now 17h 48m
BARRY SPARKS Glimmer Of Hope CD Solo Album HTF 1999 AOR US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 29m
Editors - All Sparks 2-track CD single (Kitchenware, 2006) incl one non-LP cut! US $9.64 Buy It Now 18h 31m
CATHERINE WHEEL SPARKS are GONNA FLY UK 2000 PR0MO CD Single US $4.01 Buy It Now 18h 32m
MIRANDA COSGROVE CD - "SPARKS FLY" US $2.50 [0 bids]
Sparks/Kimono My House.1974 UK Island Original LP US $16.10 Buy It Now 18h 56m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing ratings distribution

SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars This is a pretty good album, and a bit better than I initially thought it was, but it's definitely a sophomore slump. After the debut sold poorly and Todd Rundgren was ousted as producer, the band made the decision to try and make its sound more palatable to a mainstream audience, and the results were predictably mixed. While some of the album shows the band proudly flying its freak flag high, there's also a clear attempt to wedge the band's style into a power pop format, with a great deal more emphasis on Earle Mankey's guitars, and this isn't for the best. This shift in direction and the corresponding consequences immediately become clear in "Girl from Germany," which opens the album. In my review of Sparks, I essentially said that, in another context, "Wonder Girl" would have had its chorus and harmonies extracted and put into a more normal song. Well, "Girl from Germany" demonstrates the potential results, for good and bad; the vocal melody and chorus are decent, and the lyrics are interesting (about the difficulties of dealing with people who still had prejudice against Germans, despite their beautiful women and fine cuisine), but the arrangement is a little bland and certainly nowhere near as fun or eccentric as the one for "Wonder Girl."

Much of the rest of the album also shows this strong focus on guitar pop, and overall the songs are ok but not spectacular. After starting with a fun cabaret-style interlude, "Beaver O'Lindy" sees loud fast drums burst on the scene, and the song turns into a decent fast rocker with a chorus that involves yelling the title one letter at a time. "Do Re Mi" (yup, a cover of that song) does the transition from keyboard-based ballad to speedy rave-up rocker much better, and it's easy to see why it was such a stage favorite. "Underground" (written by Earle Mankey) is a pretty catchy pop-rocker (and way more enjoyable than "Biology 2" could ever be), with some interesting twists, but again, it doesn't really betray much in the way of genius. "Whippings and Apologies" (coming immediately out of the great 45-second music- hall piece "Batteries Not Included") is great though, featuring a nice riff and a real frenzy in the guitars at times, with a nice false end before the song rides the groove for another 90 seconds.

The other tracks are more in line with the kind of band depicted on the debut, but these are uneven as well (the best track in this category is definitely the aforementioned "Batteries Not Included"). "Nothing is Sacred" is a bizarre lumbering number with a curious piano riff in the chorus, and for me it just kind of meanders by until the end (there are a couple of small departures from the main song that I find inspiring, though), when Russell's incessant "NOTHING IS SACRED ANY MORE, NO NO NOTHING IS SACRED ANY MORE ..." falsetto scream-sings take over and the song really gets on my nerves. "Here Comes Bob" is another fun music-hall number, bolstered by a small playful string ensemble, about a guy who meets people by running his car into theirs (hitting buses and limos if he wants to meet a lot of people at once), and while my first listens to the song made me wonder why I was wasting my life in such a way, I've come to enjoy it plenty. "Moon Over Kentucky" is another grower, full of dark atmosphere in the piano and guitars, and I find myself especially drawn to (a) the way Russell places the emphasis on the syllables in the chorus, and (b) the organ chordings at the end (the band could have easily chosen to just fade out over the final Russell wailings over the piano/guitar vamp, but I like that they didn't), which provide a very satisfactory conclusion. The rest of the album is a little forgettable, though; "Angus Desire" is a pleasant shuffle that leaves little impression on me, and "The Louvre" is just a decent atmosphere with the lyrics sung once in French and once in English because they couldn't decide which version to include, so they decided to just throw on both.

A lot of people regard this as the equal or even the superior to the debut, but obviously I can't even remotely get behind that; it's just nowhere near as interesting. Maybe it's more refined and more mature in some ways, but this kind of refinement and maturity is totally counter- productive. I should note that my CD version has both this and the debut on the same disc, and I don't know about the availability or cost of stand-alone versions of this, so it may well be that buying both albums together is the best way to go, but as a single disc, I would definitely wait on buying this until I'd heard a few other Sparks albums.

PS: There is a curious mistake in the splitting of the tracks on my version, and I suspect that many who own this album have the same version. The track marked "Batteries Not Included," which actually lasts 45 seconds or so, ends up containing this song plus the bulk of "Whippings and Apologies," and the track marked "Whippings and Apologies" only contains the last 90 seconds after the false ending. Since "Batteries" immediately segues into "Whippings" without a clear division, my solution for mp3 listening was to rip the two tracks together into a single track, which eliminates any annoyances that may come from this.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1131160) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 13, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing"