A WOOFER IN TWEETER'S CLOTHING

Sparks

Sparks A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing album cover

Buy SPARKS Music
Studio Album, released in 1972

1. Girl from Germany (3:26)
2. Beaver O'Lindy (3:44)
3. Nothing Is Sacred (5:31)
4. Here Comes Bob (2:09)
5. Moon Over Kentucky (4:08)
6. Do Re Mi (3:38)
7. Angus Desire (3:25)
8. Underground (2:59)
9. The Louvre (5:04)
10. Batteries Not Included (0:47)
11. Whippings And Apologies (5:05)

Search SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing lyrics

Search SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing tabs

- Harvey Feinstein / drums
- Ron Mael / organ, piano, keyboards, vocals
- Russell Mael / vocals
- Earle Mankey / guitar
- James Mankey / bass, guitar

CD # 110 Wounded Bird records

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing Music

Left Coast AngstLeft Coast Angst
Imports 2014
Sparks / Woofer in Tweeter's ClothingSparks / Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing
Edsel Records UK 2013
SPARKS UK 1994 6 MIX CD Single When Do I Get To Sing My Way 234462 MINT US $6.40 Buy It Now 34m 49s
SPARKS UK 1995 CD Single WHEN I KISS YOU I Hear Charlie Parker Playing 26426.2 US $4.79 Buy It Now 35m
Sparks, (2 LPs), No Secrets. 1 in Heaven & Introducing, Both NM/EX-1977-79 US $28.95 Buy It Now 35m 38s
Beachwood Sparks [CD New] US $11.80 Buy It Now 39m 9s
Sparks-beat the clock.7" US $6.41 Buy It Now 40m 12s
Lot of 3 American Idol CD's Carrie Underwood,Jordin Sparks and 1 One Direction US $9.98 Buy It Now 50m 36s
ATLANTIC 12" SINGLE, PROMO, SPARKS, I PREDICT, DMD 325, 33 RPM US $9.50 Buy It Now 1h 29m
SPARKS - KIMONO MY HOUSE - REMASTERED CD ALBUM + BONUS TRACKS - MINT US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
SPARKS - INDISCREET - REMASTERED CD ALBUM + BONUS TRACKS - MINT US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
ROCK SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Big Beat (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
ROCK SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Music That You Can Dance To (LP) US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
SPARKS - The calm before the storm - UK Promo CD single US $3.19 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Orbiter : Sparks on a String CD (2002) US $7.46 Buy It Now 1h 52m
SPARKS Dick Around CD Gut single interview Ron Mael US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
POWER POP ROCK/ Graham Parker And The Rumour - Squeezing Out Sparks (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
RADIO STARS From a rabbit 7" vinyl record single sparks & johns children related US $1.59 [0 bids]
(CD) SPARKS - Sparks In Outer Space / Germany Import / CMP 62008 US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
NOS (PS) SPARKS....I PREDICT US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
1 CENT CD Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks US $0.01 [1 bids]
Rasheed aka Maylay Sparks Half Da Story Mixtape CD Last Emperor Dilated Peoples US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
SPARKS**EXOTIC CREATURES OF THE DEEP**CD US $16.79 Buy It Now 2h 52m
LARRY SPARKS - 40 [LARRY SPARKS] - NEW CD US $11.61 Buy It Now 2h 57m
SPARKS this town ain't big enough for both of us 7" b/w barbecutie (wip6193) uk US $8.40 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Sparks EXTENDED 12 Inch Mixes 1979-84 REMASTERED 17 Tracks New Sealed 2 CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Larry Sparks: Brand New Broken Heart / Kentucky Chimes 45 - Bluegrass US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
SPARKS**BIG BEAT (REMASTERED WITH BONUS MATERIAL)**CD US $11.79 Buy It Now 3h 25m
SPARKS USA '75 Island DJ 7" 45 LOOKS LOOKJS LOOKS rare promo US $13.50 Buy It Now 3h 32m
GLEAMING SPIRES sealed Songs of the Spires LP/Posh Boy/SPARKS US $19.98 [0 bids]
ATL-80160 SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 [0 bids]
RNOR-70410 SPARKS So Important OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
RNOR-70841 SPARKS Interior Design OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
MCA-5780 SPARKS Music That You Can Dance To OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
GLEAMING SPIRES sealed Party aka Funk For Children EP/Posh Boy/SPARKS US $19.98 [0 bids]
NEW Introducing Sparks by Sparks CD (CD) US $22.24 Buy It Now 3h 52m
RANDY SPARKS - THE BIG NIGHT - ROCKABILLY - RARE NEAR MINT VERVE 45 RPM RECORD US $100.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
20th CENTURY BOYS tribute JAPAN CD T.REX SPARKS JOE WALSH CHRIS REA GRAND FUNK US $5.99 [0 bids]
LP/VINYL-BLITZ "Various Artists" 1981 RCA New Wave Bow Wow Wow Sparks Polyrock US $25.98 Buy It Now 4h 10m
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS EXCITING NEW FOLK CHORUS RANDY SPARKS LP 2 EYE MONO US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
MINTON SPARKS-PERFORMING LIVE AT THE STATION INN-NASHVILLE-RARE CD-NEW-2010-13T US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Tupolev - Towers Of Sparks [CD New] US $20.53 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Jim Sparks Crying Like I Do 7" vinyl 45 rpm PRIVATE US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 47m
SPARKS**INDISCREET (REMASTERED W/BONUS MATERIAL)**CD US $11.79 Buy It Now 4h 49m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS**TARNISHED GOLD**CD US $14.85 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Yellow Red Sparks [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 4h 54m
SIXTEEN DELUXE-EMITS SHOWERS OF SPARKS-RARE U.S.ADVANCE PROMO CD-16-1998-FULL CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 56m
SPARKS**NO. 1 IN HEAVEN**CD US $16.79 Buy It Now 5h 3m
SPARKS: History Of Sparks (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 5m
MIRANDA COSGROVE**SPARKS FLY (DELUX VERSION)**CD US $12.88 Buy It Now 5h 19m
CLINTON SPARKS i wanna dance 12" Mint- CS001 Vinyl Record US $11.25 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Sparks Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins CD Synthpop 1995 US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS JAPAN MINI KIMONO MY HOUSE SHM-CD US $45.00 [0 bids]
RADIO STARS songs for swinging lovers LP wik5 uk chiswick '77 sparks jet john's US $26.00 Buy It Now 7h 14m
45 Record RANDY SPARKS - THESE THOUSAND HILLS - NM US $14.50 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Sparks : Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat [Us Import] CD (1998) US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 41m
RUBEN WILSON-the cisco kid-CURTIS MAYFIELD--melvin sparks-canada VG++ US $8.59 [0 bids]
Agent Sparks Red Rover NEW ships Fast not a promo combined shipping US $3.99 [0 bids]
Sparks Fly - Miranda Cosgrove New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $12.25 Buy It Now 8h 30m
WOODSTAR - COLD COLD HEART / LIFE SPARKS RED FLAME / LOVE THAN HATE (CD Single) US $1.59 Buy It Now 8h 38m
SOUNDS 1985 AUG 3 ROBERT CRAY ZZ SPARKS TIN TIN DUFFY US $14.41 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 46m
PRINCE Delirious 12" LP 33rpm SPARKS philippines MADONNA Everybody DEVO US $89.99 Buy It Now 9h 51m
Jordin Sparks - Self-titled (CD, Nov-2007) FAST SHIP US $4.38 Buy It Now 10h 30m
TREVOR SPARKS* JUST ONCE * GYAS - 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 31m
THE LOTUS EATERS SOUL IN SPARKS ARISTA 45 IMPORT US $5.00 Buy It Now 10h 51m
TELEX SEX '81 oop rare lp orig pvc8910 w/lyrics by SPARKS electronic new wave!! US $39.00 Buy It Now 11h 14m
FOUR SPARKS: My Sweet Juanita (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 11h 38m
KYLIE MINOGUE LIMITED INTO THE BLUE SOLD OUT 7" VINYL 2 TRACK SPARKS NEW MINT US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPARKS, LARRY the footsteps of tradition VG/M- JAPAN LAX(KB)6004 | 14-0124-010 US $21.99 Buy It Now 12h 35m
SPARKS, LARRY where the sweet waters flow VG/G USA OHS90035 | 14-0122-050 US $16.99 Buy It Now 12h 35m
LARRY SPARKS - OLD CHURCH YARD NEW CD US $14.15 Buy It Now 12h 47m
4 VCD's KATY PERRY USHER MADONNA RIHANNA COLDPLAY JORDIN SPARKS CHRIS BROWN US $21.90 Buy It Now 13h 15m
VALLEY GIRL-OST-RARE 6 SONG MINI ALBUM-WITHDRAWN LP-SEALED!!-JOSIE COTTON-SPARKS US $79.99 Buy It Now 13h 49m
SPARKS 2 X 12" VINYL PROMO WHEN DO I GET TO SING 'MY WAY' LOGIC LUK 049 EX+ US $20.76 Buy It Now 13h 54m
Jordin Sparks 'Tattoo' Promo CD single US $3.19 [0 bids]
LARRY SPARKS - JOHN DEERE TRACTOR NEW CD US $20.61 Buy It Now 14h 8m
SPARKS "7" SINGLE. US $6.40 Buy It Now 14h 36m
REUBEN WILSON GROOVE GREASE Melvin Sparks Soul Jazz CD US $11.75 Buy It Now 14h 41m
The Tarnished Gold by Beachwood Sparks *New CD* US $11.01 Buy It Now 14h 48m
Squeezing Out Sparks *New CD* US $8.65 Buy It Now 14h 49m
Jordin Sparks / self titled Jordin Sparks (LIKE NEW 14 track CD) Steve Lipson !! US $2.99 Buy It Now 15h 2m
CD. THE CATHERINE WHEEL - SPARKS ARE GONNA FLY VERY RARE Gatefold UK PROMO US $1.75 [0 bids]
Little Kirk & Trever Sparks - Youth And Youth LP dancehall ragga US $32.07 Buy It Now 17h 3m
JONI MITCHELL court and & sparks LP EX original embossed cover 1974 crosby nash US $8.99 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Mael Intuition / Best Of Sparks 1974-76 US $13.23 Buy It Now 18h 2m
SPARKS - DICK AROUND [US] [EP] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $11.89 Buy It Now 18h 56m
Danielle & Rochelle DJ Sparks 'THATS THE WAY / LOVE ME' US $3.19 Buy It Now 19h 3m
Beachwood Sparks - Desert Skies [Vinyl New] US $19.43 Buy It Now 19h 42m
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks - 5486812 US $10.93 Buy It Now 19h 43m
SPARKS - EXOTIC CREATURES OF THE DEEP - LBRCD111X US $18.82 Buy It Now 19h 44m
Taylor swift sparks fly lim. edition #1739 Brand New and factory sealed US $159.00 [0 bids]
Sparks [LP] by Imogen Heap (Vinyl, Jun-2014, 2 Discs, RCA) US $16.78 Buy It Now 20h 5m
Larry Sparks "Live in Concert" LP Old Homestead OHS 90163 US $19.95 Buy It Now 20h 6m
SPARKS introducing LP Mint- WL Promo WLP PC 34901 w/Press Sheet, Inner US $22.50 Buy It Now 20h 17m
Omillio Sparks - The Payback - Moss - Randy Bowland - Flemuel Brown - New CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 21m
Beachwood Sparks - Once Were DJ-ONLY advance CD SubPop US $8.49 Buy It Now 20h 29m
SEAFOOD - SIGNAL SPARKS - 7" - COOKING VINYL US $1.59 [0 bids]
Sparks - Now That I Own The BBC - Deleted UK/European 1996 4 track CD1 US $8.00 Buy It Now 20h 41m
beachwood sparks the tarnished gold rare 13 track cd US $4.79 [0 bids]
SPARKS ALL YOU EVER THINK ABOUT IS SEX DANCE VINYL 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 21h
LIVEWIREZ TAKIN' IT TO THE STREETS MARLIN MYERS, SPARKS , WRECKA SEALED 12'' US $2.00 Buy It Now 21h

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing ratings distribution

SPARKS A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars This is a pretty good album, and a bit better than I initially thought it was, but it's definitely a sophomore slump. After the debut sold poorly and Todd Rundgren was ousted as producer, the band made the decision to try and make its sound more palatable to a mainstream audience, and the results were predictably mixed. While some of the album shows the band proudly flying its freak flag high, there's also a clear attempt to wedge the band's style into a power pop format, with a great deal more emphasis on Earle Mankey's guitars, and this isn't for the best. This shift in direction and the corresponding consequences immediately become clear in "Girl from Germany," which opens the album. In my review of Sparks, I essentially said that, in another context, "Wonder Girl" would have had its chorus and harmonies extracted and put into a more normal song. Well, "Girl from Germany" demonstrates the potential results, for good and bad; the vocal melody and chorus are decent, and the lyrics are interesting (about the difficulties of dealing with people who still had prejudice against Germans, despite their beautiful women and fine cuisine), but the arrangement is a little bland and certainly nowhere near as fun or eccentric as the one for "Wonder Girl."

Much of the rest of the album also shows this strong focus on guitar pop, and overall the songs are ok but not spectacular. After starting with a fun cabaret-style interlude, "Beaver O'Lindy" sees loud fast drums burst on the scene, and the song turns into a decent fast rocker with a chorus that involves yelling the title one letter at a time. "Do Re Mi" (yup, a cover of that song) does the transition from keyboard-based ballad to speedy rave-up rocker much better, and it's easy to see why it was such a stage favorite. "Underground" (written by Earle Mankey) is a pretty catchy pop-rocker (and way more enjoyable than "Biology 2" could ever be), with some interesting twists, but again, it doesn't really betray much in the way of genius. "Whippings and Apologies" (coming immediately out of the great 45-second music- hall piece "Batteries Not Included") is great though, featuring a nice riff and a real frenzy in the guitars at times, with a nice false end before the song rides the groove for another 90 seconds.

The other tracks are more in line with the kind of band depicted on the debut, but these are uneven as well (the best track in this category is definitely the aforementioned "Batteries Not Included"). "Nothing is Sacred" is a bizarre lumbering number with a curious piano riff in the chorus, and for me it just kind of meanders by until the end (there are a couple of small departures from the main song that I find inspiring, though), when Russell's incessant "NOTHING IS SACRED ANY MORE, NO NO NOTHING IS SACRED ANY MORE ..." falsetto scream-sings take over and the song really gets on my nerves. "Here Comes Bob" is another fun music-hall number, bolstered by a small playful string ensemble, about a guy who meets people by running his car into theirs (hitting buses and limos if he wants to meet a lot of people at once), and while my first listens to the song made me wonder why I was wasting my life in such a way, I've come to enjoy it plenty. "Moon Over Kentucky" is another grower, full of dark atmosphere in the piano and guitars, and I find myself especially drawn to (a) the way Russell places the emphasis on the syllables in the chorus, and (b) the organ chordings at the end (the band could have easily chosen to just fade out over the final Russell wailings over the piano/guitar vamp, but I like that they didn't), which provide a very satisfactory conclusion. The rest of the album is a little forgettable, though; "Angus Desire" is a pleasant shuffle that leaves little impression on me, and "The Louvre" is just a decent atmosphere with the lyrics sung once in French and once in English because they couldn't decide which version to include, so they decided to just throw on both.

A lot of people regard this as the equal or even the superior to the debut, but obviously I can't even remotely get behind that; it's just nowhere near as interesting. Maybe it's more refined and more mature in some ways, but this kind of refinement and maturity is totally counter- productive. I should note that my CD version has both this and the debut on the same disc, and I don't know about the availability or cost of stand-alone versions of this, so it may well be that buying both albums together is the best way to go, but as a single disc, I would definitely wait on buying this until I'd heard a few other Sparks albums.

PS: There is a curious mistake in the splitting of the tracks on my version, and I suspect that many who own this album have the same version. The track marked "Batteries Not Included," which actually lasts 45 seconds or so, ends up containing this song plus the bulk of "Whippings and Apologies," and the track marked "Whippings and Apologies" only contains the last 90 seconds after the false ending. Since "Batteries" immediately segues into "Whippings" without a clear division, my solution for mp3 listening was to rip the two tracks together into a single track, which eliminates any annoyances that may come from this.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1131160) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 13, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing"