KIMONO MY HOUSE

- Ron Mael / keyboards
- Russell Mael / vocals
- Norman "Dinky" Diamond / drums

Polygram # 524034 CD 1999

Thanks to for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Kimono My House Music

PropagandaPropaganda
Kimono My HouseKimono My House
Big BeatBig Beat
Fontana Island 2006
RARE REGGAE 12" 45 - TREVOR SPARKS - RIDING FOR A FALL - SPIDER MAN SPM 204 US $19.99 Buy It Now 37m 42s
BEACHWOOD SPARKS: Desert Skies LP Rock & Pop US $18.00 Buy It Now 42m 14s
Sparks - This Town Ain't Big Enough.../Barbecutie - 1974 Promo USA 7" US $20.00 Buy It Now 49m 30s
coldplay - sparks X 2 CD singles (promo & independent) -yellow ( video ) + live US $21.50 [0 bids]
54m 26s
Sparks on a String * by Orbiter (CD, May-2002, Loveless Records) US $9.95 Buy It Now 55m 9s
SPARKS-GIRL FROM GERMANY-BEARSVILLE K 15516 - UK PRESS US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
SPARKS-LOOKS,LOOKS,LOOKS/PINEAPPLE-ISLAND WIP 6249-UK US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
SPARKS - BEAT THE CLOCK - Y2K U.S. PROMO 12" US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks (Cassette, 1979) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Sparks - The No. 1 Song In Heaven - '98 U.S. PROMO 12" US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Profile: Ultimate Collection, Sparks, Good US $18.51 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Lot 3 singles 7" LIO banana split jacno sparks 80's Banana Split Teenager rare!! US $65.00 Buy It Now 2h 11m
CD - Fossil Jeans 13 Tracks - NEW - Beachwood Sparks/Centro-Matic/Firewater/Luna US $4.11 Buy It Now 2h 12m
NM LP~GRAHAM PARKER~Squeezing Out Sparks~{Original 1979 ARISTA~PROMO Issue]~ US $2.97 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Sparks - Just Got Back From Heaven - U.S. 12" VINYL US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 21m
NATE SPARKS - FROM WHERE I STAND NEW CD US $21.43 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Awana Sparks Skipper handbook music CD US $2.00 [0 bids]
RANDY SPARKS Lot of (2) LP's VERVE MGM labels (#9429) 60's COUNTRY Western US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
SPARKS ~ Tryouts For The Human Race ~ 12" Single ORANGE VINYL US $22.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
I'm a Gittar Player Melvin Sparks CD Cannonball Records 14.99 out of print US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Radio Stars Nervous Wreck 12" 1977 UK *Numbered Vinyl Sparks Jet John's Children US $23.95 Buy It Now 3h 23m
NEW - Mad Ave Movement by Omillio Sparks US $3.01 Buy It Now 3h 40m
MARC MOULIN Top Secret advance promo CD SPARKS' Ron Mael 2001 10 TRACKS US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
"TRANSAMERICA" Soundtrack (CD 2006) Sparks/Mansfield/Parton/Makeba *GREAT SHAPE* US $2.88 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Sparks - Monster of Love 12 tracks - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $15.98 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Travelin' Larry Sparks Country & Folk 1992 CD US $12.18 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Randy Sparks LP R.S. & the B.P.M. Initial Album US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Sparks Kimono My House LP (1974) ILPS 9272 Island Pink Rim Label US $12.78 Buy It Now 7h 23m
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS - SPARKS [SAHARA HOTNIGHTS] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $26.98 Buy It Now 8h 17m
Noctorum - Sparks Lane (2003) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.10 Buy It Now 8h 59m
cd-album, Sparks - Music That You Can Dance To, The Best Of US $11.29 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Cover Drive - Bajan Style (CD 2012) "Twilight" "Sparks" "Lick Ya Down" "Explode" US $6.80 Buy It Now 10h 6m
SPARKS INDISCREET LP RON N RUSSELL MAEL US $16.00 Buy It Now 10h 32m
Jordin Sparks ?- S.O.S. (Let The Music Play) CD Promo 9 mixes US $17.02 Buy It Now 10h 40m
CONCRETE BLONDE-Bloodletting/VOWEL MOVEMENT/Pretty & And Twisted/DREAM 6/Sparks US $8.49 Buy It Now 10h 42m
SPARKS-NO.1 IN HEAVEN-JAPAN SHM-CD BONUS TRACK D95 US $22.99 Buy It Now 10h 44m
HAMPENBERG Ducktoy CD 5 Tracks, Clean Vocal Cut/Waterboy & Sparks Remix/Vocal C US $5.54 Buy It Now 10h 47m
JORDIN SPARKS Battlefield CD 14 Track Album, 88697 55848 2 US $8.09 Buy It Now 11h 7m
JORDIN SPARKS Jordin Sparks CD 13 Track Album (Disc Ex- Some Light Surface Mark US $7.24 Buy It Now 11h 7m
Maybe You've Been Brainwashed [PA] by Clinton Sparks (CD, Mar-2005, Landspeed... US $6.50 Buy It Now 11h 13m
2010 ALLEN & GINTER AUTO RED INK: JORDIN SPARKS #10/10 AUTOGRAPH AMERICAN IDOL US $235.94 Buy It Now 11h 31m
NM 12"~XL~LLOYD BANKS~CLINTON SPARKS~Gotta Go~[Radio~Street~Instru~Acapella]~WLP US $4.57 [0 bids]
SALE! One PETE LOCKETT (CD) Network Of Sparks BRUFORD King Crimson PLAYED 1 TIME US $0.99 [0 bids]
SEA FRUIT Looking For Sparks CD 3 Tracks Inc Truth Or Lies+Your Eyes, Card Ps US $5.54 Buy It Now 12h 50m
EDITORS ALL SPARKS EU 2TR CD SKCD84 2006 THE DIPLOMAT EX CON STICKERED US $6.80 Buy It Now 12h 55m
LISTEN - TEEN ROCK - THE SPARKS - SOMETHING HAPPENED - ROBIN RED BREAST US $25.00 Buy It Now 12h 56m
SPARKS When I Kiss You CD 5 Tracks, Radio Edit/Oliver Lieb Vocal Mix/Bernard Bu US $6.39 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Sparks(7" Vinyl P/S)Beat The Clock-Virgin-VS 270-UK-VG+/VG+ US $8.99 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks, Acceptable US $2.37 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $2.50 [1 bids]
12"-Maxi SPARKS - Modesty Plays / Angst In My Pants (1982) FRANCE PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 26m
12"-Maxi SPARKS - When I Kiss You (1995) PROMO / BLACK REMIXES / GERMANY PRESS US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 26m
SAD AMONG STRANGERS: Sparks Fly Upwards / A Better Vie US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Beachwood Sparks CD self titled US $3.00 [1 bids]
WOODSTAR Cold Cold Heart CD 3 Tracks Inc Life Sparks Red Flame+Love Than Hate US $5.54 Buy It Now 13h 48m
Sparks - Something For The Girl With Everything 45 7" Island WIP.6221 US $7.25 Buy It Now 13h 48m
SPARKS Just Got Back from Heaven CD new DENMARK US $19.90 Buy It Now 14h 27m
Sparks - Beat The Clock 7" Single (1979) US $6.80 Buy It Now 14h 28m
THE SPARKS Russell MAEL 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo slide negative #C/7608 US $42.61 Buy It Now 14h 36m
SPARKS INDISCREET island 75 A2B2 Lp vg++ US $11.91 Buy It Now 15h
Emits Showers of Sparks [Import] [Audio CD] Sixteen Deluxe US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 2m
The Skunks 1982 Texas new wave produced by Earle Mankey of Sparks on Republic US $7.95 [0 bids]
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks CD 1999 ARCD8075 US $9.49 Buy It Now 15h 47m
Lindh,Lasse - Sparks [CD New] US $23.94 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Sahara Hotnights - Sparks [CD New] US $29.99 Buy It Now 15h 55m
SPARKS - TWO HANDS ONE MOUTH - LIVEI N EUROPE-CD US $3.79 [9 bids]
Melvin Sparks Akilah White Label Promo Jazz Funk Breaks Idris Leon Spencer US $15.00 [0 bids]
Beachwood Sparks by Beachwood Sparks (CD, Mar-2000, Sub Pop (USA)) US $7.77 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Sparks - New Music For Amnesiacs: Essential Collection [CD New] US $24.98 Buy It Now 16h 39m
Indiscreet & Propaganda *Sparks* cd lot of 2 MADE IN *ENGLAND* US $30.00 Buy It Now 16h 41m
JIM HUNTER Sparks In Flight: Live RARE SEALED CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 56m
TREVOR SPARKS ~ Rosemarie / MICHAEL LEVY ~ Baby Be Mine ~ 12" Single US $16.34 Buy It Now 17h
Delta BLUES by Jed Sparks, Real Live Blues, Heavy duty, deep, down blues ! US $1.98 [0 bids]
17h
SPARKS, THIS TOWN AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR THE BOTH OF US. ORIGINAL 1974 NO.1 SINGLE US $2.05 [2 bids]
17h
BEACHWOOD SPARKS NEW CD US $17.57 Buy It Now 17h 16m
sparks 7" this town ain't big enough for both of us 1974 1st press WIP6193 EX+ US $10.21 Buy It Now 17h 24m
sparks 7" never turn your back on mother earth 1974 1st press WIP6211 EX+ US $8.50 Buy It Now 17h 34m
sparks 7" amateur hour / lost and found 1974 island WIP6203 A2/B1 EX US $6.80 Buy It Now 17h 38m
sparks 7" looks looks looks / pineapple 1975 island WIP6249 A1/B3 EX+ US $8.50 Buy It Now 17h 41m
sparks 7" number one song in heaven 1979 virgin VS244 A1/B4 EX US $8.50 Buy It Now 17h 44m
sparks 7" beat the clock 1979 virgin 1st press VS270 EX US $8.50 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Sparks - The Number One Song In Heaven - 1979 - Virgin - VS 244 - VGC - P/S US $7.67 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Make the Cowboy Robots Cry, Beachwood Sparks, Very Good EP, Single US $2.50 Buy It Now 18h 34m
Jordin Sparks, Mariah Carey, Simple Plan, Amy Winehouse - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $22.48 Buy It Now 19h
THE BEST MAN HOLIDAY- SOUNDTRACK-JORDIN SPARKS- MARIO- R KELLY- ETC-CD US $10.50 [13 bids]
SPARKS Big Beat LP ROCK COLUMBIA LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks - SELF TITLED US $1.99 Buy It Now 20h 34m
Melvin Sparks ft Jimmy Scott 70s CROSSOVER SOUL FUNK 45 Ive Got to Have You / Ge US $49.98 Buy It Now 20h 35m
NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS Randy Sparks LP TODAY Fun JACK DAVIS Mad Magazine Cover 64 US $19.00 Buy It Now 20h 37m
TIM SPARKS ONE STRING LEADS TO ANOTHER (PROMOTION) CD US $17.94 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks, Good US $2.37 Buy It Now 20h 53m
Almost Home - Larry Sparks New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $18.54 Buy It Now 20h 59m
SEALED GRAHAM PARKER: Squeezing Out Sparks LP ARISTA RECORDS AB4223 US 1979  US $10.79 Buy It Now 21h 5m
(DQ654) Miracle, Tommy Sparks - DJ CD US $3.39 Buy It Now 21h 16m
(610Q) Mr Dan & Sparks, Body Slam - DJ CD US $5.10 Buy It Now 21h 21m
(CM323) Low Sparks, You Left Me - CD US $5.10 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Jordin Sparks , Audio CD, Jordin Sparks US $7.09 Buy It Now 21h 59m
The Dirtbombs Play Sparks 7" Vinyl Record non lp songs! detroit garage rock! NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 33m
TREVOR SPARKS * HOLD ON ** SHELLY- 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 22h 45m
Sparks - Rosebud - '87 U.K. 12' - NEAR MINT! US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 39m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Kimono My House ratings distribution

SPARKS Kimono My House reviews

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars It's not that art rock didn't have its smarmy and oh so clever proponents - QUEEN, 10CC and to a large extent SUPERTRAMP gushed with disingenuous parody that ultimately mocked itself as much as societal mores. SPARKS was an American version of same, but they actually seemed to be living their personae, at least if the album covers are anything to go on. There is a consistent hit hard but lightly character in Sparks that makes them far more endearing than the above, even if less remembered. They took their humor seriously, and their attitude hinted at punkish devil may care, without looking down on their audience.

I admit that I thought their singer was a woman when I first heard them, and the Maels are quite androgynous in appearance as well. On brilliantly breathless tracks like "Amateur Hour" and "Talent is an Asset" (with the immortal line "We are his relatives, that's parenthetical", they do better drag than most drag artistes I have seen, which is doubly amazing since I have to imagine the visuals with Sparks. Other major successes here are the hit opener "This Town ain't Big Enough" and the PROCOL HARUM like "Hasta Manana Monsieur".

Combined with SPARKS' somewhat frenetic style can also be discerned a love for nostalgia, at that time being music of the 1930s and 1940s, but more than just the dipping of the toes we saw with Queen. I hear it drifting in and out of most tunes, particularly "Falling in Love with Myself Again" and "Complaints", fully integrated into the modern rock ensemble which attached equal importance to the entire group. The last few songs of the original LP seem more like add-ons and simply don't stick, especially "Equator", which lacks the punchiness of most of the material.

Being a fan of more serious sounding music, and finding little of it here, I have to confess that this group really found a niche and worked it. There was a consistency in their collective vision that could only come about if they weren't working hard at it, which was another manner in which they foreshadowed the coming movement. But unlike punk, these guys actually had talent and knew how to use it, which is an asset in my book. 3 solid stars.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#357095) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 18, 2010

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Sparks have apparently been a part of the Prog Archives family for quite some time. Unfortunately, no one have had the pleasure of telling me about it until now. All I can say now is --- let the reviewing begin!

I've been a huge fan of the band ever since I've heard Kimono My House sometime around 2001. After 10 years, 11 albums and two live concerts, it's safe to say that I'm still very much an admirer of Mael brothers and their crazy project of a band. They've had quite a career over the past 40 years and even though far from everything produced by the band can be considered great/essential, there has always been a certain charisma within the band's work that transcended even the lesser albums.

Kimono My House was the band's breakthrough album and features many of the essential Sparks masterpieces like the anthem This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us and Equator. Both of these compositions pretty much define the band's work in the '70s, but unfortunately the album is far from a perfect experience since it's a bit uneven around the edges and has some filler tracks. Best example of this is Thank God It's Not Christmas, which might seem like quite a fun little track title but it clearly shows that Sparks material from this era wasn't meant to go beyond the 5 minute mark.

Likely there are enough highlights to make Kimono My House a highly recommended release. I would especially like to recommend Hasta Maņana Monsieur and In My Family, two fun and quirky songs that shows us just how versatile the band could be.

***** star songs: This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us (3:05) Hasta Maņana Monsieur (3:52) Equator (4:42)

**** star songs: Amateur Hour (3:37) Falling In Love With Myself Again (3:03) Here In Heaven (2:48) Talent Is An Asset (3:21) In My Family (3:48)

*** star songs: Thank God It's Not Christmas (5:07) Complaints (2:50)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#448209) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars The eccentric Mael brothers - with pinup Russell being one of the most high-pitched male pop singers of all time, and brooding and mysterious Ron lurking behind the keyboards with his Chaplin moustache - are the creative core of Sparks, and Kimono My House saw them fusing their self-deprecating sense of humour with post-Roxy Music art-glam rock to create a bizarre but endlessly fascinating album. The best song is, of course, the opening This Town Ain't Big Enough For the Both of Us, but every other song on the album exudes a similarly hyper-tense air of paranoia, self-doubt, and sarcastic wit. A breath of fresh air in 1974 prefiguring the punk revolution, Kimono My House remains inviting to this day.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#516696) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Review by tarkus1980
5 stars The best Sparks album (by a slim margin over the debut) is also one of the most hilariously front-loaded albums I've ever heard. The first six tracks are all fantastic, albeit all cut from the same stylistic cloth, but the last four (which are also cut from the same stylistic cloth, more or less) are a clear step down, and I always finish the album with a hankering for just one more great track. Still, the highs are so high that I can justify this grade to myself without too much difficulty.

After the first two albums basically went nowhere commercially, the Halfnelson version of the group dissolved, and the Mael brothers relocated to Britain to record with what basically became a revolving door of supporting musicians. The avant-bubble gum sound of the debut and the jangle pop of Woofer were tossed aside, and in their place the band turned to the slickest, richest, most European and least American-sounding glam pop sound imaginable from the early 70s. Yes, the band mixes up the genres that are grafted into this base sound, and there's a good deal of variety in the sounds one finds from song to song (or within a given song), but make no mistake, the band has gone all in on a pretty specific kind of approach. It's one BIG ANTHEM after BIG ANTHEM, driven by Russell singing ridiculous (in a good way) lyrics set to terrific vocal melodies over rich and varied instrumental parts, and if you're into that sort of thing you could find this album a total blast. That said, I can totally understand how somebody could hate this album; it's slick in a way that has little to do with the origins of rock (white men butchering black men's music), and the fact that it often sounds so much like ABBA (whom I quite like, but I can completely understand why somebody wouldn't) means that it can't help but be a polarizing album. Personally, I love the sound when it's firing on all cylinders, but I do get worn down by it, and the lack of as many clever ideas in the last four tracks definitely doesn't help keep me from wilting near the end.

But holy hell, I love those first six tracks. "This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us" is a boring choice for a finalist in the "Best Sparks Song" competition (the choice is boring, not the song), but sometimes things are obvious for a reason. After the gradual fade-in, with Russell singing the first verse over a relatively subdued keyboard part, the song becomes absolutely bonkers and fantastic, with loud guitar riffs, B-Western (the "B" stands for "Best") gunshots, hilariously majestic organ chords, over-the-top guitar wanks, and above all Russell proclaiming bizarre "if we battle I'm going to win" imagery in his own faux-operatic manner. "Amateur Hour" is an up-beat number centered around a guitar line that doubles as the chorus melody, full of variations in tempo and intensity, and with Russell singing an amazing melody about teenagers learning to become good at sex. Best line: "Dance laugh wine dine and talk and sing / But those cannot replace what is the real thing / It's a lot like playing the violin / You cannot start off and be Yehudi Menuhin." "Falling in Love With Myself Again," as you might expect, is a love song for a narcissist, based around a bombastic waltz crossed with what's essentially circus music, and it's impossible for me to not have the chorus echo around in my head afterwards (and fortunately, I'm happy for it to be there).

It's not an easy task to pick out clear favorites out of this group of six tracks, but in giving it some thought, I find myself inclined to pick "This Town ..." and "Here in Heaven." The story behind "Here in Heaven" is great: a Romeo and Juliet pair make a suicide pact, Romeo goes through with it, Juliet backs out, Romeo is kinda sad and kinda pissed off about his situation. In terms of music, the song has long been a favorite of mine for singing in the shower, especially for the fun contrast between the tense descending melody in the verses and the chorus in an appropriate higher register ("Up here in heaven without you/Up here in heaven without you/Up here in heaven without you/It is hell knowing that your health will keep you out of here for many many years), and I've always especially admired the uneven intensity of the instrumentation under the chorus. Best line: "Juliet, I thought we had agreed/Now I know why you let me take the lead."

Up next is a track that I find myself overlooking if I'm not careful, but which is just about as great as the others. "Thank God It's Not Christmas" is a song about how fun life is for somebody on every day except for Christmas, when he has to spend the day with his wife, and the metamorphosis from the loud guitar part that starts the song, to the quieter parts of the verses, to the re-emergence of intensity at the end of each verse, and finally into the enormous chorus, is one of the best parts of an album that's full of great parts. And finally, rounding out this stretch, is "Hasta Manana Monsieur," which basically sounds exactly like ABBA from a couple of years later, except with a slightly heavier bottom. The lyrics are way more hilarious than anything you'll find on an ABBA album, though; they concern a doofus foreign exchange student who fell in love with his host but isn't even sure what language she speaks, so he tries a gibberish mix of whatever terms he can pick up. The best line of the album: "You mentioned Kant and I was shocked, so shocked/You know, where I come from, none of the girls have such foul tongues." Musically, well, I tend to like ABBA, so I like the song, and if you don't like ABBA, you'll probably hate it.

So the first six tracks are amazing, and the album seems well on its way to wedging its way into my top 50 ... but then it kinda loses me. Out of "Talent is an Asset," "Complaints" and "In My Family," I'd say that "Complaints" comes closest to being a great track, thanks to the contrast between the lilting verses and the up-tempo chorus (the middle-eight is a lot of fun too), but it still doesn't quite get to that level for me, and both "Talent" and "Family" (which tend to get mixed together in my head in such a way that I can't always remember which parts belong to which song) strike me as sounding like the album's style was left out in the sun a little too long. The closing "Equator" makes a stab at doing something significantly different, as it's a relatively slow, moody song about a guy realizing that he has no shot of finding the girl he's waiting for (after she told him she'd meet him at the equator, which should have been a clue right there that things just weren't looking his way), but the song just irritates me to no end. Well, not so much the song on the whole as any time that Russell sings the word "Equator," or, as he sings in the chorus (in a layer of echoey falsetto), "Eee-quay-tah, Eee- quay-tah" over and over. It also doesn't help that the song's coda is in much the same vein as the one to "Nothing is Sacred," with Russell singing the word "Equator" a capella and ad nauseum (with occasional interjections of "She said she'd be right there!") over the chorus. What a horrible ending to a mostly great album.

What irritates me most about the drop-off at the end of the album is that the band had some great material in reserve that could have been used instead. The version I have (on a two-fer with Big Beat) contains a pair of fantastic B-sides that would definitely have improved the album with their inclusion. "Barbecutie" is yet more bombastic glam-pop (about a man who's about to be had for dinner), this time put into rocker form and centered around a ripper of a bass riff, and "Lost and Found" is majestic pop (about somebody who finds a lost wallet and feels no remorse for having a good time with it), heavy on guitar and keyboards, which paves the way for the better material on the following Propaganda. Maybe a proper album with these would rate even higher for me (I am giving it a ***** rating, but it's a top 100 album for me, whereas it could be higher in my list), maybe it wouldn't, but just as with a hypothetical Sparks without "Biology 2," I'd have to think about it.

So ok, it's not perfect, but it's still great for the most part, and everybody should hear it at least once. For what it's worth, this album clearly had a major influence on Queen, and I don't like Queen much at all, and I still really like (almost love) this album, so anybody who likes Queen should definitely be all over this.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1133227) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 17, 2014

5 stars You will occasionally bump into those who lament the contemporary era of music, where good musicians apparently never seem to get popular while in the 70s, apparently again, talent always came to the fore. Well, Sparks is all the proof you will ever need that that is not true. Complex and chall ... (read more)

Report this review (#756648) | Posted by rogerthat | Tuesday, May 22, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPARKS "Kimono My House"