PROPAGANDA

T. Samuel White Guitar, Group Member
Trevor White Guitar
Muff Winwood Producer

Island Records 1974 LP # 6396036

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Propaganda Music

Sparks / Woofer in Tweeter's ClothingSparks / Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing
Edsel Records UK 2013
SPARKS - A BIG SURPRISE RARE YUGO PRESS 7"PS 1978 US $24.99 Buy It Now 34m 56s
Maylay Sparks - Graymatter - CD - 12Tracks US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
SPARKS & JANE WIEDLIN Cool Places 45 rpm PICTURE SLEEVE Atlantic 1983 New Wave US $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 9m
BUBBZ & SPARKS, BE EASY, 7" SINGLE. US $6.41 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Graham Parker Squeezing Out Sparks + Live AUTOGRAPHED CD BEAUTIFULLY SIGNED NICE US $24.77 Buy It Now 2h 41m
SPARKS When Do I Get to Sing "My Way" Logic Maxi Single US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
SPARKS / AMATEUR HOUR / 1974 7" ISLAND PINK RIM US $4.79 Buy It Now 2h 59m
SPARKS When I Kiss You Logic Maxi Single sax & violins US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h
SPARKS PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HAT vinyl LP 1984 RCA NM/EX new wave 80s synth US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
AGENT SPARKS Not So Merry CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 3h 49m
SPARKS Something For the Girl With Everything UK 7" US $4.01 Buy It Now 3h 52m
THE SPARKS Something For The Girl Who Has Everything 7" Vinyl US $4.81 Buy It Now 3h 58m
ROYKSOPP Sparks CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 4h
SPARKS Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth 7" vinyl US $3.93 Buy It Now 4h
SPARKS Now That I Own the BBC maxi single Mael import 2 US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 13m
JOHN PATTON "Soul Connection" LP NM-M/VG 1983, Grachan Moncur III, Melvin Sparks US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
SPARKS Indiscreet CD Island bonus tracks Mael import 2 US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Clinton Sparks and Eminem : Anger Management 3 CD (2006) US $13.23 Buy It Now 4h 38m
MELVIN SPARKS with HANK CRAWFORD "Tight" (1996, OUT OF PRINT) US $7.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Groove on Up * by Melvin Sparks *New CD* US $13.94 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Sparks Fly Upward by Batzz in the Belfry (CD, 2006, Batzz in the Belfry) US $8.21 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Agent Sparks : Red Rover CD (2006) US $4.24 Buy It Now 4h 58m
SPARKS UK 1994 6 MIX CD Single When Do I Get To Sing My Way 234462 MINT US $6.40 Buy It Now 5h 6m
SPARKS UK 1995 CD Single WHEN I KISS YOU I Hear Charlie Parker Playing 26426.2 US $4.79 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Sparks, (2 LPs), No Secrets. 1 in Heaven & Introducing, Both NM/EX-1977-79 US $28.95 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Beachwood Sparks [CD New] US $11.80 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Sparks-beat the clock.7" US $6.41 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Lot of 3 American Idol CD's Carrie Underwood,Jordin Sparks and 1 One Direction US $9.98 Buy It Now 5h 22m
ATLANTIC 12" SINGLE, PROMO, SPARKS, I PREDICT, DMD 325, 33 RPM US $9.50 Buy It Now 6h
SPARKS - KIMONO MY HOUSE - REMASTERED CD ALBUM + BONUS TRACKS - MINT US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 18m
SPARKS - INDISCREET - REMASTERED CD ALBUM + BONUS TRACKS - MINT US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
ROCK SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Big Beat (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
ROCK SYNTH POP/ Sparks - Music That You Can Dance To (LP) US $23.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
SPARKS - The calm before the storm - UK Promo CD single US $3.19 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Orbiter : Sparks on a String CD (2002) US $7.46 Buy It Now 6h 24m
SPARKS Dick Around CD Gut single interview Ron Mael US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
POWER POP ROCK/ Graham Parker And The Rumour - Squeezing Out Sparks (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
RADIO STARS From a rabbit 7" vinyl record single sparks & johns children related US $1.59 [0 bids]
(CD) SPARKS - Sparks In Outer Space / Germany Import / CMP 62008 US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
NOS (PS) SPARKS....I PREDICT US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 59m
1 CENT CD Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks US $0.01 [1 bids]
Rasheed aka Maylay Sparks Half Da Story Mixtape CD Last Emperor Dilated Peoples US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 9m
SPARKS**EXOTIC CREATURES OF THE DEEP**CD US $16.79 Buy It Now 7h 23m
LARRY SPARKS - 40 [LARRY SPARKS] - NEW CD US $11.61 Buy It Now 7h 29m
SPARKS this town ain't big enough for both of us 7" b/w barbecutie (wip6193) uk US $8.40 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Sparks EXTENDED 12 Inch Mixes 1979-84 REMASTERED 17 Tracks New Sealed 2 CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Larry Sparks: Brand New Broken Heart / Kentucky Chimes 45 - Bluegrass US $7.00 Buy It Now 7h 56m
SPARKS**BIG BEAT (REMASTERED WITH BONUS MATERIAL)**CD US $11.79 Buy It Now 7h 57m
SPARKS USA '75 Island DJ 7" 45 LOOKS LOOKJS LOOKS rare promo US $13.50 Buy It Now 8h 4m
GLEAMING SPIRES sealed Songs of the Spires LP/Posh Boy/SPARKS US $19.98 [0 bids]
ATL-80160 SPARKS Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 [0 bids]
RNOR-70410 SPARKS So Important OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
RNOR-70841 SPARKS Interior Design OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
MCA-5780 SPARKS Music That You Can Dance To OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
GLEAMING SPIRES sealed Party aka Funk For Children EP/Posh Boy/SPARKS US $19.98 [0 bids]
NEW Introducing Sparks by Sparks CD (CD) US $22.24 Buy It Now 8h 24m
RANDY SPARKS - THE BIG NIGHT - ROCKABILLY - RARE NEAR MINT VERVE 45 RPM RECORD US $100.00 Buy It Now 8h 27m
20th CENTURY BOYS tribute JAPAN CD T.REX SPARKS JOE WALSH CHRIS REA GRAND FUNK US $5.99 [0 bids]
LP/VINYL-BLITZ "Various Artists" 1981 RCA New Wave Bow Wow Wow Sparks Polyrock US $25.98 Buy It Now 8h 42m
THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS EXCITING NEW FOLK CHORUS RANDY SPARKS LP 2 EYE MONO US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
MINTON SPARKS-PERFORMING LIVE AT THE STATION INN-NASHVILLE-RARE CD-NEW-2010-13T US $3.00 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Tupolev - Towers Of Sparks [CD New] US $20.53 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Jim Sparks Crying Like I Do 7" vinyl 45 rpm PRIVATE US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 19m
SPARKS**INDISCREET (REMASTERED W/BONUS MATERIAL)**CD US $11.79 Buy It Now 9h 21m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS**TARNISHED GOLD**CD US $14.85 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Yellow Red Sparks [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 9h 25m
SIXTEEN DELUXE-EMITS SHOWERS OF SPARKS-RARE U.S.ADVANCE PROMO CD-16-1998-FULL CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 9h 28m
SPARKS**NO. 1 IN HEAVEN**CD US $16.79 Buy It Now 9h 35m
SPARKS: History Of Sparks (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 9h 36m
MIRANDA COSGROVE**SPARKS FLY (DELUX VERSION)**CD US $12.88 Buy It Now 9h 50m
CLINTON SPARKS i wanna dance 12" Mint- CS001 Vinyl Record US $11.25 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Sparks Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins CD Synthpop 1995 US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS JAPAN MINI KIMONO MY HOUSE SHM-CD US $45.00 [0 bids]
RADIO STARS songs for swinging lovers LP wik5 uk chiswick '77 sparks jet john's US $26.00 Buy It Now 11h 46m
45 Record RANDY SPARKS - THESE THOUSAND HILLS - NM US $14.50 Buy It Now 11h 53m
Sparks : Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat [Us Import] CD (1998) US $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 13m
RUBEN WILSON-the cisco kid-CURTIS MAYFIELD--melvin sparks-canada VG++ US $8.59 [0 bids]
Agent Sparks Red Rover NEW ships Fast not a promo combined shipping US $3.99 [0 bids]
Sparks Fly - Miranda Cosgrove New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $12.25 Buy It Now 13h 2m
WOODSTAR - COLD COLD HEART / LIFE SPARKS RED FLAME / LOVE THAN HATE (CD Single) US $1.59 Buy It Now 13h 10m
SOUNDS 1985 AUG 3 ROBERT CRAY ZZ SPARKS TIN TIN DUFFY US $14.41 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 18m
PRINCE Delirious 12" LP 33rpm SPARKS philippines MADONNA Everybody DEVO US $89.99 Buy It Now 14h 23m
Jordin Sparks - Self-titled (CD, Nov-2007) FAST SHIP US $4.38 Buy It Now 15h 2m
TREVOR SPARKS* JUST ONCE * GYAS - 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 3m
THE LOTUS EATERS SOUL IN SPARKS ARISTA 45 IMPORT US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 22m
TELEX SEX '81 oop rare lp orig pvc8910 w/lyrics by SPARKS electronic new wave!! US $39.00 Buy It Now 15h 45m
FOUR SPARKS: My Sweet Juanita (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 16h 9m
KYLIE MINOGUE LIMITED INTO THE BLUE SOLD OUT 7" VINYL 2 TRACK SPARKS NEW MINT US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPARKS, LARRY the footsteps of tradition VG/M- JAPAN LAX(KB)6004 | 14-0124-010 US $21.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
SPARKS, LARRY where the sweet waters flow VG/G USA OHS90035 | 14-0122-050 US $16.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
LARRY SPARKS - OLD CHURCH YARD NEW CD US $14.15 Buy It Now 17h 19m
4 VCD's KATY PERRY USHER MADONNA RIHANNA COLDPLAY JORDIN SPARKS CHRIS BROWN US $21.90 Buy It Now 17h 46m
VALLEY GIRL-OST-RARE 6 SONG MINI ALBUM-WITHDRAWN LP-SEALED!!-JOSIE COTTON-SPARKS US $79.99 Buy It Now 18h 21m
SPARKS 2 X 12" VINYL PROMO WHEN DO I GET TO SING 'MY WAY' LOGIC LUK 049 EX+ US $20.76 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Jordin Sparks 'Tattoo' Promo CD single US $3.19 [0 bids]
LARRY SPARKS - JOHN DEERE TRACTOR NEW CD US $20.61 Buy It Now 18h 39m
SPARKS "7" SINGLE. US $6.40 Buy It Now 19h 8m
REUBEN WILSON GROOVE GREASE Melvin Sparks Soul Jazz CD US $11.75 Buy It Now 19h 13m
The Tarnished Gold by Beachwood Sparks *New CD* US $11.01 Buy It Now 19h 19m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Propaganda ratings distribution

SPARKS Propaganda reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Sparks followed up their break though album Kimono My House with what can only be considered their most ambitious album from the '70s!

Propaganda kicks off with the 20 second intro tracks that clearly shows that the band were quite certain about the material that they had in store for their audience. This is quite rightfully so, since the next batch of tracks are simply some of the best compositions that Sparks have ever put on an album. At Home, At Work, At Play, B.C. and Thanks But No Thanks all sound like pure joy to my ears. Just when you though that the album can't get any much better than this, the band delivers one of my top 3 favorite Sparks compositions with Don't Leave Me Alone With Her. This is simply Art Rock at its finest, featuring that clear Sparks signature sound!

Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth is a sweet little ballad that swooshes by almost without notice due to all the other highlights that preceded it and it's successor is definitely not an exception to that rule! Something For The Girl With Everything is another one of those short energetic Sparks compositions that just makes you want to jump up and dance like you've never danced before, well at least that's the best description that I can give of this wonderful track.

Unfortunately this is as far as essential material goes since the final three tracks are a clear drop in quality compared to everything that proceeded it. Achoo is pretty harmless but a bit forgettable performance, but the real problem comes with Who Don't Like Kids. Who knew, apparently I don't like kids! While Bon Voyage does try to complete this package with a satisfying ending, I just can't see how this composition fits in with the rest of the material on Propaganda. The contrast just makes it sound completely out of place.

Although Propaganda does suffer from the inconsistency that has pledged pretty much each and every one of the Sparks albums up until 2002, this is easily their best album from the '70s and maybe even from their first 30 years! The album's assets clearly overweight any inconsistencies and make it quite a spectacle to behold!

***** star songs: Propaganda (0:23) At Home, At Work, At Play (3:06) B.C. (2:13) Thanks But No Thanks (4:14) Don't Leave Me Alone With Her (3:02) Something For The Girl With Everything (2:17)

**** star songs: Reinforcements (3:55) Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth (2:28) Achoo (3:34) Bon Voyage (2:54)

*** star songs: Who Don't Like Kids (3:37)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#448229) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars The followup to Kimono My House is really a refinement of the approach of that album. Aside from the mildly irritating Who Don't Like Kids, the bulk of the album is more tense, neurotic electro-pop with enough of a twist to make it of interest to prog fans. The lyrical subject matter ranges from allegories about natural or ecological disasters (Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth) to more conventional songs about relationships - well, conventional by Sparks' standards, anyway. Although, as Rune 2000 points out, the album starts running out of steam towards the end, until it does so it's compelling, endlessly enjoyable listening.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#535406) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review by tarkus1980
4 stars It would be very easy to dismiss this as Kimono My House's little brother or something like that. It was released six months after Kimono, it has the same producer and some of the same non-Mael musicians as Kimono (guitarist Adrian Fisher and drummer Norman Diamond return, though some of the guitar is provided by Trevor White), it's closer in style to Kimono than any other 70s Sparks album is to any of its adjacent albums, and weirdly enough it manages to cram the material that irritates me most near the end, just as on Kimono. And yet, the slight lack of polish that keeps the album from reaching as many glorious heights as its predecessor also lends a variety and messiness that mostly compensates, and the album ends up as at least 90% as enjoyable as Kimono. It's not quite Sparks crossed with Kimono, but it's as close as one could reasonably expect to get.

As mentioned, the album has an annoying stretch near the end, though it recovers strongly with the closing "Bon Voyage," which sets lyrics that seem to be about people waving goodbye to Noah's ark to music that alternates between anthemic bombast in the chorus and a whole lot of variation in the verses. "Achoo" is a decent enough bouncy number (which appears to be about dealing with your girl leaving you for a doctor) that features Russell fake-sneezing as a hook from time to time, but the band just couldn't leave well enough alone, and the song ends with a seemingly endless series of "Achoo" sounds piled on top of each other that just irritate the hell out of me. "Who Don't Like Kids" is more than a little dubious lyrically, but I could forgive the song (because, really, this is yet another song where I can't make out what the hell Russell is singing unless I look up the lyrics) and its excessive giddiness if it weren't for the occasional interlude of a bunch of kids singing the chorus in a way that drives me up a wall. I normally try to avoid "annoying" as a primary reason to dislike a song or two, but these two push the boundaries in such a way that I have to make an exception.

Thank goodness for the first eight tracks. The opening title track is a 25-second snippet of a capella circus music (Russell harmonizes with several layers of himself in a fascinating way), and it's immediately followed by "At Home, At Work, At Play," which is almost certainly my favorite Sparks song. It definitely sounds somewhat like a Kimono retread, but I'm ok with that; there's not a thing in this three-minute slab of bombastic keyboard-heavy glam rock that I would change. The lyrics are about a guy who is jealous of the time that his girl spends with other people despite the fact that she spends pretty much all of her time with him in some capacity, and it has some of the most hilariously elaborate lyrics about lust ever written crossed with elaborate laments about how there just isn't enough time to spend with her (even though, again, she's with him all of the time). It's the best combination of clever lyric and interesting/catchy music that I've ever heard from Sparks, and it's a track that I haven't grown tired of in the least despite the fact that it's certainly the Sparks track that I've listened to most over the years. If you've never heard this song or read the lyrics to it, do both right now.

The rest can't live up to such a great start, but it gives a noble effort. "Reinforcements" (a music-hall number with a martial rhythm in the chorus) and "B.C." (a silly number about a man named Aaron who doesn't want his wife, Betty, to leave him and take their son, Charlie, because it would ruin the greatness of having a family that can be called "ABC") are relatively trite by the standards of the band's best work, but they're cute, so they can stick around. Much better is the following "Thanks But No Thanks," a Kimono-worthy number about a kid who has to keep turning down the advances of sexual predators as he goes home ("...my orders come from high above me ..."), since his parents have ordered him to ("...about a foot or two above me ...") even though he feels bad about hurting their feelings, all set to a memorable tune that climaxes with a guitar solo that sounds an awful lot like an electric violin to me but apparently isn't. "Don't Leave Me Alone With Her" takes the "spending time with my wife is annoying because she's boring and the world isn't" concept of "Thank God it's Not Christmas" and amplifies it into "my wife is f$%*($&ing terrifying," set to a stomping ominous tune that makes it a minor classic. On the other side, "Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth" takes misogyny in a new direction, combining a relatively gentle harpsichord-based number (except for the weird breakdown in the middle) with lyrics that allude to the horrible things that Mother Earth can do when angry (with the implication that you shouldn't cheat on her), and while I'm a little surprised that this would have gotten the nod over "Home/Work/Play" to be a single, I'm not surprised it did pretty well in that regard. And finally, "Something for the Girl with Everything" is a cheery number whose tune masks lyrics that convey the sheer terror that comes from trying to find a gift for somebody who is blackmailing you, and seeking things that will make her happy and also not want to talk ("Three wise men are here/bearing gifts to aid amnesia").

There were also a couple of B-sides from the era, and they're decent enough, though not as great as their Kimono counterparts. "Alabamy Right" is yet another bit of music-hall influenced pop, this time apparently about dealing with the late-day rush as a supermarket cashier, and "Marry Me" is the one time that the misogyny gives way to reveal somebody who actually wants a happy quiet life with somebody (key stanza: "A happily-ever-after does that seem too much to ask?/With trees and tots and stucco walls and fountains in the back/And lawns that you or I can mow and neighbours who will chat/About important issues and the state of this 'n that") despite all of the pretense elsewhere in the band's material.

While this album certainly has its downsides, it also has so many great aspects that, for anybody who likes bombastic 70s pop, it's practically essential. If you've bought Sparks and Kimono already and like them, this should be your next stop. It's probably for the best that they didn't try to make another album in this vein, though.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1133940) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 19, 2014

5 stars This website must be one of the few places on Planet Internet where Propaganda is rated somewhat higher than Kimono My House. If you were to listen to George Starostin, Mark Prindle or other venerable internet music reviewers who helped spread the word about this underrated band, Propaganda ... (read more)

Report this review (#1047346) | Posted by rogerthat | Sunday, September 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPARKS "Propaganda"