PROPAGANDA

T. Samuel White Guitar, Group Member
Trevor White Guitar
Muff Winwood Producer

Island Records 1974 LP # 6396036

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Propaganda Music

Kimono My HouseKimono My House
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Fontana Island 2006
New Music for Amnesiacs: Essential CollectionNew Music for Amnesiacs: Essential Collection
Lil Beethoven UK 2013
SPARKS - HELLO YOUNG LOVERS NEW CD US $21.90 Buy It Now 37m 22s
Loud Earth, Sparks Audio CD US $7.12 Buy It Now 1h 5m
AUTOGRAPHED Melvin Sparks "It Is What It Is" CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Sparks, Clinton - Touch the Sky - CD [NSS] US $3.01 Buy It Now 1h 30m
coldplay - sparks X 2 CD singles (promo & independent) -yellow ( video ) + live US $21.50 [0 bids]
MIRANDA COSGROVE - SPARKS FLY (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.80 Buy It Now 1h 35m
JORDIN SPARKS - BATTLEFIELD NEW CD US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks, Good US $4.74 Buy It Now 2h
Now That I Own The BBC by Sparks-1994,Dance/House Import Maxi Single CD,Logic US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
MELVIN SPARKS - GROOVE ON UP NEW CD US $22.66 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe (NEW 2CD) US $21.21 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Through The Sparks - Lazarus Beach CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 4h 35m
SPARKS propaganda LP 11 track pink rim label design with inner in title stickere US $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Sparks - Exotic Creatures Of The Deep [CD New] US $17.86 Buy It Now 5h 35m
SPARKS GO GO - VARIETY - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Worst Thing I've Been Cursed With, Sparks the Rescue, New US $9.09 Buy It Now 5h 44m
SPARKS - TERMINAL JIVE - BONUS TRACKS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.90 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Sparks - Gratuitous Sax & And Violins (NEW CD) US $18.71 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Sparks The Rescue - Eyes To The Sun (2009) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Minton Sparks - Middlin Sisters (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 7h 16m
AGENT SPARKS - RED ROVER (CD) (REF E1) US $6.64 Buy It Now 7h 18m
SPARKS 'TWO HANDS ONE MOUTH : LIVE IN EUROPE' 2 CD SET (2013) US $19.89 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Sparks Kimono My House CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $9.97 Buy It Now 7h 30m
MAKE UP YOUR MIND - Trevor Sparks & Bobo General (DB1616) US $4.98 Buy It Now 7h 31m
NICK (IMPORT) URATA - RUBY SPARKS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $30.30 Buy It Now 7h 35m
SPARKS - EXOTIC CREATURES OF THE DEEP CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
In Outer Space [Remaster] by Sparks (CD, Mar-1999, Repertoire) US $14.47 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Terminal Jive [Remaster] by Sparks (CD, Apr-1999, Repertoire) US $14.30 Buy It Now 7h 47m
Music That You Can Dance To by Sparks (CD, Mar-2011, Repertoire) US $14.47 Buy It Now 7h 47m
Akilah by Melvin Sparks (Vinyl, Jan-1993, BGP (Beat Goes Public)) US $17.58 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Sparks!/Akilah by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jan-1993, Ace (Label)) US $16.84 Buy It Now 7h 49m
SOKAL HARRY/GROOVE - WHERE SPARKS START TO FLY - CRACK0046 US $21.47 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Halfnelson (Sparks) / A Woofer In Tweeters Clothing * NEW US $19.66 Buy It Now 7h 50m
DO YOU KNOW NOW - Trevor Sparks (DB1588) US $4.98 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Sparks Are Gonna Fly US $7.72 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Sparks - Looks, Looks, Looks - Promo - 45 RPM US $0.99 [1 bids]
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks (CD, Jul-2009, Jive (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Catherine Wheel - Sparks Are Gonna Fly 2 mixes - US CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 59m
New OFFICIAL MIXTAPE 2014 - Clinton Sparks - Digital-Detox US $14.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe NEW CD US $17.35 Buy It Now 9h 19m
MELVIN SPARKS - WHAT YOU HEAR IS WHAT YOU GET [MELVIN SPARKS] - NEW CD US $13.82 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Sparks Best Of Music You Can Dance To Cd Curb US $8.80 [0 bids]
Sparks - The Number One Song In Heaven 7" US $8.31 Buy It Now 10h 48m
SPARKS GO GO - Shayou - Japan CD J-POP - 10Tracks US $13.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
SPARKS UK 1987 12" Single ROSEBUD US $4.58 Buy It Now 10h 57m
BARRY SPARKS Glimmer Of Hope CD Solo Album HTF 1999 AOR US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 23m
NME Morrissey: Songs To Save Your Life 17-trk CD NEW The Slits Sparks Ludus Gene US $8.31 Buy It Now 11h 31m
JORDIN SPARKS Jordin Sparks CD SONY MUSIC RUSSIA OBI NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h
EARLY Johnny Rivers Ricky Nelson Randy Sparks Material on MGM 4256 US $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 8m
SPARKS PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HATL TEST PRESSING LP RECORD US $99.99 Buy It Now 12h 9m
[TODD RUNDGREN] SPARKS ~ SELF TITLED ~ 1972 US 11-TRACK LP ~ BEARSVILLE BV 2048 US $58.26 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly [CD New] US $8.59 Buy It Now 12h 44m
Emits Showers of Sparks by Sixteen Deluxe (CD, Mar-1998, Warner Bros.) US $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Sparks Street * by Love Huskies (CD, Aug-1998, Gotham Distributing Corp.) US $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Jimmie Lunceford "Last Sparks 1941-1944" Unopened Record Album MCA -1321 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Sparks - Introducing Sparks NEW CD US $15.65 Buy It Now 13h 9m
SPARKS : " FUNNY FACE " / " TIPS FOR TEENS " .RARE FR 7" PS EX/EX 1981 UNDERDOG US $29.99 [0 bids]
A Bag Of Blue Sparks/Gay Spunk - Warp - 1998 #20971 US $8.31 Buy It Now 13h 17m
SPARKS PROPAGANDA MINI LP CD OBI US $15.95 Buy It Now 13h 44m
SPARKS KIMONO MY HOUSE MINI LP CD OBI US $15.95 Buy It Now 13h 48m
SPARKS - WHEN I KISS YOU ( I HEAR CHARLIE PARKER PLAYING ) CD SINGLE US $6.63 Buy It Now 14h 3m
SPARKS Music You Can Dance To 1986 USA LP MCA RECORDS 5780 US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 19m
Beachwood Sparks - Desert Skies LP NEW US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 23m
SPARKS**MAEL INTUITION: BEST OF SPARKS 1974-76**CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 14h 36m
JIMMY LUNCEFORD: The Last Sparks 1941-44 (jazz LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 14h 52m
LIO Suite Sixtine RARE LP Sparks 1983 CANADA Telex Synth NM ron US $220.00 Buy It Now 14h 56m
SPARKS - INTERIOR DESIGN 91 ORIGINAL CD (MAGNUM MUSIC): NR MINT US $5.33 [2 bids]
CHARLIE EARLAND -(LP)-IN THE POCKET WITH H.PERSON, M. SPARKS & I. MUHAMMAD -1982 US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 40m
DECCA group rocker 45 THE SPARKS - Ol' Man River + Mary Mary Lou US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merry Christmas ~ Randy Sparks ~ 7 1/2 IPS Reel To Reel US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 23m
GRAHAM PARKER Squeezing Out Sparks Brinsley Schwarz ORIG NO BARCODE 79 LP SEALED US $39.99 Buy It Now 16h 28m
sparks - when i'm with you - 7" vinyl single US $14.96 Buy It Now 16h 33m
(16D) Sparks Fly, Creatures - DJ CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 17h 4m
GRAHAM PARKER AND THE RUMOUR - SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS ARISTA US LP 4223 (1979) US $1.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS - BIG BEAT + BONUS TRACKS (CD 2006, Universal) **LIKE NEW** US $8.99 Buy It Now 17h 38m
(CP204) Pati Yang, Wires & Sparks EP - 2012 DJ CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 17h 48m
1980 - SPARKS - Terminal Jive - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.96 Buy It Now 17h 48m
SPARKS "Kimono My House" -1st GERMAN PRESS *ISLAND* PINK RIM - MINT- US $19.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Near Perfect US $3.09 Buy It Now 17h 51m
PEPPINO D'AGOSTINO: SPARKS; 1987 SHANACHIE 96004 SEALED LP; CD LONG OUT OF PRINT US $11.00 Buy It Now 18h 24m
RACHEL Way to My Heart CD 1991 CHERYL JEWEL Heli Sterner JENNIFER YORK SPARKS US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 45m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS-once we were trees-2001 sub pop-ORIG USA CD US $5.78 [0 bids]
Sparks live concert London 20th March 2004 very small mini poster print A5 size US $24.95 Buy It Now 19h 14m
SPARKS "I PREDICT" 45 PS US $4.49 Buy It Now 19h 18m
SPARKS 45 BEAT THE CLOCK UK PRESS RON MAEL 45 RECORD US $17.00 Buy It Now 19h 32m
CLINTON SPARKS & BUSTA RYMES New Crack City CD US $17.70 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Through the Sparks Almanac (MMX) Year of Beasts CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Not So Merry [EP] [Digipak] by Agent Sparks (CD, Sep-2005, Immortal) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist Sparks in the Dark CD US $4.43 Buy It Now 19h 51m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS - S/T - CD SUB POP LAMBCHOP SHINS APPLES IN STEREO US $6.99 [0 bids]
PHYLLIS TAYLOR SPARKS - ACCENTS FOR SOLO HARP NEW CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 20h 17m
Johnny Rivers, Ricky Nelson, Randy Sparks, unopened 8 track cartridge US $7.50 [1 bids]
Vinnie Moore Live UFO guitarist Wayne Findlay Shane Gaalaas Barry Sparks MSG US $4.99 [0 bids]
Squeezing Out Sparks by Graham Parker (Arista...1979) G+ LP US $2.00 [0 bids]
Born into Trouble as the Sparks Fly Upward by A Silver Mt. Zion (CD,... US $2.99 [1 bids]
21h
RANDY SPARKS: Hazy Sunshine (vocalists vinyl 45) dj US $10.00 Buy It Now 21h 2m
New Christy Minstrels RAMBLIN' "Green Green" LP record Randy Sparks cs US $9.07 Buy It Now 21h 8m
SPARKS -- Pulling rabbits out of a hat -- 1984 LP release US $6.00 Buy It Now 21h 16m
SPARKS - "Pretending To Be Drunk" 1984 1st US PROMO ONLY 7" Single - Atlantic US $17.88 Buy It Now 21h 21m
RANDY SPARKS: The Big Night (oldies vinyl 45) wol US $10.00 Buy It Now 21h 41m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Propaganda ratings distribution

SPARKS Propaganda reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Sparks followed up their break though album Kimono My House with what can only be considered their most ambitious album from the '70s!

Propaganda kicks off with the 20 second intro tracks that clearly shows that the band were quite certain about the material that they had in store for their audience. This is quite rightfully so, since the next batch of tracks are simply some of the best compositions that Sparks have ever put on an album. At Home, At Work, At Play, B.C. and Thanks But No Thanks all sound like pure joy to my ears. Just when you though that the album can't get any much better than this, the band delivers one of my top 3 favorite Sparks compositions with Don't Leave Me Alone With Her. This is simply Art Rock at its finest, featuring that clear Sparks signature sound!

Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth is a sweet little ballad that swooshes by almost without notice due to all the other highlights that preceded it and it's successor is definitely not an exception to that rule! Something For The Girl With Everything is another one of those short energetic Sparks compositions that just makes you want to jump up and dance like you've never danced before, well at least that's the best description that I can give of this wonderful track.

Unfortunately this is as far as essential material goes since the final three tracks are a clear drop in quality compared to everything that proceeded it. Achoo is pretty harmless but a bit forgettable performance, but the real problem comes with Who Don't Like Kids. Who knew, apparently I don't like kids! While Bon Voyage does try to complete this package with a satisfying ending, I just can't see how this composition fits in with the rest of the material on Propaganda. The contrast just makes it sound completely out of place.

Although Propaganda does suffer from the inconsistency that has pledged pretty much each and every one of the Sparks albums up until 2002, this is easily their best album from the '70s and maybe even from their first 30 years! The album's assets clearly overweight any inconsistencies and make it quite a spectacle to behold!

***** star songs: Propaganda (0:23) At Home, At Work, At Play (3:06) B.C. (2:13) Thanks But No Thanks (4:14) Don't Leave Me Alone With Her (3:02) Something For The Girl With Everything (2:17)

**** star songs: Reinforcements (3:55) Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth (2:28) Achoo (3:34) Bon Voyage (2:54)

*** star songs: Who Don't Like Kids (3:37)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#448229) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars The followup to Kimono My House is really a refinement of the approach of that album. Aside from the mildly irritating Who Don't Like Kids, the bulk of the album is more tense, neurotic electro-pop with enough of a twist to make it of interest to prog fans. The lyrical subject matter ranges from allegories about natural or ecological disasters (Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth) to more conventional songs about relationships - well, conventional by Sparks' standards, anyway. Although, as Rune 2000 points out, the album starts running out of steam towards the end, until it does so it's compelling, endlessly enjoyable listening.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#535406) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review by tarkus1980
4 stars It would be very easy to dismiss this as Kimono My House's little brother or something like that. It was released six months after Kimono, it has the same producer and some of the same non-Mael musicians as Kimono (guitarist Adrian Fisher and drummer Norman Diamond return, though some of the guitar is provided by Trevor White), it's closer in style to Kimono than any other 70s Sparks album is to any of its adjacent albums, and weirdly enough it manages to cram the material that irritates me most near the end, just as on Kimono. And yet, the slight lack of polish that keeps the album from reaching as many glorious heights as its predecessor also lends a variety and messiness that mostly compensates, and the album ends up as at least 90% as enjoyable as Kimono. It's not quite Sparks crossed with Kimono, but it's as close as one could reasonably expect to get.

As mentioned, the album has an annoying stretch near the end, though it recovers strongly with the closing "Bon Voyage," which sets lyrics that seem to be about people waving goodbye to Noah's ark to music that alternates between anthemic bombast in the chorus and a whole lot of variation in the verses. "Achoo" is a decent enough bouncy number (which appears to be about dealing with your girl leaving you for a doctor) that features Russell fake-sneezing as a hook from time to time, but the band just couldn't leave well enough alone, and the song ends with a seemingly endless series of "Achoo" sounds piled on top of each other that just irritate the hell out of me. "Who Don't Like Kids" is more than a little dubious lyrically, but I could forgive the song (because, really, this is yet another song where I can't make out what the hell Russell is singing unless I look up the lyrics) and its excessive giddiness if it weren't for the occasional interlude of a bunch of kids singing the chorus in a way that drives me up a wall. I normally try to avoid "annoying" as a primary reason to dislike a song or two, but these two push the boundaries in such a way that I have to make an exception.

Thank goodness for the first eight tracks. The opening title track is a 25-second snippet of a capella circus music (Russell harmonizes with several layers of himself in a fascinating way), and it's immediately followed by "At Home, At Work, At Play," which is almost certainly my favorite Sparks song. It definitely sounds somewhat like a Kimono retread, but I'm ok with that; there's not a thing in this three-minute slab of bombastic keyboard-heavy glam rock that I would change. The lyrics are about a guy who is jealous of the time that his girl spends with other people despite the fact that she spends pretty much all of her time with him in some capacity, and it has some of the most hilariously elaborate lyrics about lust ever written crossed with elaborate laments about how there just isn't enough time to spend with her (even though, again, she's with him all of the time). It's the best combination of clever lyric and interesting/catchy music that I've ever heard from Sparks, and it's a track that I haven't grown tired of in the least despite the fact that it's certainly the Sparks track that I've listened to most over the years. If you've never heard this song or read the lyrics to it, do both right now.

The rest can't live up to such a great start, but it gives a noble effort. "Reinforcements" (a music-hall number with a martial rhythm in the chorus) and "B.C." (a silly number about a man named Aaron who doesn't want his wife, Betty, to leave him and take their son, Charlie, because it would ruin the greatness of having a family that can be called "ABC") are relatively trite by the standards of the band's best work, but they're cute, so they can stick around. Much better is the following "Thanks But No Thanks," a Kimono-worthy number about a kid who has to keep turning down the advances of sexual predators as he goes home ("...my orders come from high above me ..."), since his parents have ordered him to ("...about a foot or two above me ...") even though he feels bad about hurting their feelings, all set to a memorable tune that climaxes with a guitar solo that sounds an awful lot like an electric violin to me but apparently isn't. "Don't Leave Me Alone With Her" takes the "spending time with my wife is annoying because she's boring and the world isn't" concept of "Thank God it's Not Christmas" and amplifies it into "my wife is f$%*($&ing terrifying," set to a stomping ominous tune that makes it a minor classic. On the other side, "Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth" takes misogyny in a new direction, combining a relatively gentle harpsichord-based number (except for the weird breakdown in the middle) with lyrics that allude to the horrible things that Mother Earth can do when angry (with the implication that you shouldn't cheat on her), and while I'm a little surprised that this would have gotten the nod over "Home/Work/Play" to be a single, I'm not surprised it did pretty well in that regard. And finally, "Something for the Girl with Everything" is a cheery number whose tune masks lyrics that convey the sheer terror that comes from trying to find a gift for somebody who is blackmailing you, and seeking things that will make her happy and also not want to talk ("Three wise men are here/bearing gifts to aid amnesia").

There were also a couple of B-sides from the era, and they're decent enough, though not as great as their Kimono counterparts. "Alabamy Right" is yet another bit of music-hall influenced pop, this time apparently about dealing with the late-day rush as a supermarket cashier, and "Marry Me" is the one time that the misogyny gives way to reveal somebody who actually wants a happy quiet life with somebody (key stanza: "A happily-ever-after does that seem too much to ask?/With trees and tots and stucco walls and fountains in the back/And lawns that you or I can mow and neighbours who will chat/About important issues and the state of this 'n that") despite all of the pretense elsewhere in the band's material.

While this album certainly has its downsides, it also has so many great aspects that, for anybody who likes bombastic 70s pop, it's practically essential. If you've bought Sparks and Kimono already and like them, this should be your next stop. It's probably for the best that they didn't try to make another album in this vein, though.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1133940) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 19, 2014

5 stars This website must be one of the few places on Planet Internet where Propaganda is rated somewhat higher than Kimono My House. If you were to listen to George Starostin, Mark Prindle or other venerable internet music reviewers who helped spread the word about this underrated band, Propaganda ... (read more)

Report this review (#1047346) | Posted by rogerthat | Sunday, September 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPARKS "Propaganda"