PROPAGANDA

T. Samuel White Guitar, Group Member
Trevor White Guitar
Muff Winwood Producer

Island Records 1974 LP # 6396036

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Propaganda Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Kimono My HouseKimono My House
Ume 2014
Vinyl$35.98
Best Of Sparks, The: Music That You Can Dance ToBest Of Sparks, The: Music That You Can Dance To
CURB 2011
LASSE LINDH - SPARKS - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS: Desert Skies LP Rock & Pop US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Charles Earland-Black Talk!-LP 1970 Person Jones Sparks Muhammad Jazz Funk US $10.22 Buy It Now 2h 26m
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS - SPARKS NEW CD US $35.46 Buy It Now 2h 29m
NM 12"~SPARKS~Music You Can Dance To~[2:30]~Long~{4:22]~Club Version~[6:@22]~'86 US $3.90 [0 bids]
THROUGH THE SPARKS - LAZARUS BEACH - CD, 2007 US $5.66 Buy It Now 2h 43m
NM 12"~OSCHINO~SPARKS~PEEDI CRAKK~Gangsta Fu#k~[x6 Mixes]~OG ROC-A-FELLA Issue~ US $3.90 [0 bids]
TUPOLEV - TOWERS OF SPARKS NEW CD US $26.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
SPARKS - BEAT THE CLOCK - Y2K U.S. PROMO 12" US $5.98 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Sparks - The No. 1 Song In Heaven - '98 U.S. PROMO 12" US $5.98 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Black Rain - OST LP, Iggy Pop. Gregg Allman. UB40. Rita Mitsuoko US $4.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Just Got Back From Heaven - U.S. 12" VINYL US $5.98 Buy It Now 3h 49m
JIMMY LUNCEFORD THE LAST SPARKS ON MCA LABEL MCA 1321 LP NM 1980 SEALED US $6.95 [0 bids]
RANDY SPARKS Lot of (2) LP's VERVE MGM labels (#9429) 60's COUNTRY Western US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Sparks The - The Genie / Gee That's Bad 45 1959 US $3.39 Buy It Now 4h 37m
I'm a Gittar Player Melvin Sparks CD Cannonball Records 14.99 out of print US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
NEW - Mad Ave Movement by Omillio Sparks US $5.62 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Sparks : HELLO YOUNG LOVERS CD (2010) US $5.62 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Travelin' Larry Sparks Country & Folk 1992 CD US $8.35 Buy It Now 6h 31m
NATE SPARKS - FROM WHERE I STAND NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 6h 38m
SPARKS Something For The Girl With Everything 1974 ISLAND NEAR MINT US $1.55 [0 bids]
Cockeyed Ghost-NEVEREST-Power Pop-EARLE MANKEY-Sparks- US $7.49 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $2.00 Buy It Now 7h 45m
Hank Crawford * Down On The Deuce * Bernard Purdie Melvin Sparks US $12.55 Buy It Now 8h 16m
SPARKS "The History of Sparks" French-only vinyl release. US $0.99 [1 bids]
Sparks "Funny Face" original magazine Trade Press Advert A4 Size US $7.84 Buy It Now 9h 58m
EDITORS All Sparks CD 2 Track B/w Diplomat EUROPEAN Kitchenware 2006 US $8.23 Buy It Now 10h 5m
AGENT SPARKS Not So Merry CD 5 Track Ep Featuring It's Not My Time, Mr Insecurit US $13.17 Buy It Now 10h 6m
CATHERINE WHEEL Sparks Are Gonna Fly CD 2 Track Radio Edit Promo In Special Gat US $8.23 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Sparks - When I Kiss You (Special Collector's Edition 4 track CD single) US $7.84 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Vinyl 12" Sparks "No. 1 In Heaven", Giorgio Moroder, 1979, Beat The Clock US $1.25 [1 bids]
cd-album, Sparks - Music That You Can Dance To, The Best Of US $10.31 Buy It Now 10h 50m
PROMO Sparks No 1 in Heaven 1979 Stereo LP VG++ US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Jordin Sparks ?- S.O.S. (Let The Music Play) CD Promo 9 mixes US $15.69 Buy It Now 12h 7m
CONCRETE BLONDE-Bloodletting/VOWEL MOVEMENT/Pretty & And Twisted/DREAM 6/Sparks US $8.49 Buy It Now 12h 9m
Maybe You've Been Brainwashed [PA] by Clinton Sparks (CD, Mar-2005, Landspeed... US $6.50 Buy It Now 12h 40m
2010 ALLEN & GINTER AUTO RED INK: JORDIN SPARKS #10/10 AUTOGRAPH AMERICAN IDOL US $215.49 Buy It Now 12h 58m
Sparks Propaganda 1974 1st Sterling USA Press ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $28.00 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Sparks Something For The Girl With Everything 7" Single 1U 1U Pressing - VVG US $3.12 Buy It Now 13h 34m
Carlton record The Sparks The Genie US $8.00 Buy It Now 14h
EDITORS ALL SPARKS EU 2TR CD SKCD84 2006 THE DIPLOMAT EX CON STICKERED US $6.26 Buy It Now 14h 22m
SPARKS COOL PLACES 45 ATLANTIC 1983 US $0.79 [1 bids]
12"-Maxi SPARKS - Modesty Plays / Angst In My Pants (1982) FRANCE PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 54m
12"-Maxi SPARKS - When I Kiss You (1995) PROMO / BLACK REMIXES / GERMANY PRESS US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 54m
SAD AMONG STRANGERS: Sparks Fly Upwards / A Better Vie US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 57m
Sparks - Something For The Girl With Everything 45 7" Island WIP.6221 US $7.25 Buy It Now 15h 16m
Back Talk - Sparks Through a Shotglass .. 1989 Snakes in the Grass Records US $5.99 [0 bids]
Squeezing Out Sparks by Graham Parker (Arista...1979) G+ LP US $3.00 Buy It Now 15h 48m
EVINRUDES Drive Me Home CD 6 Track UK Flying Sparks 2001 US $9.41 Buy It Now 15h 53m
GORDON HASKELL Shadows On The Wall CD 12 Track UK Flying Sparks 2002 US $14.98 Buy It Now 15h 54m
SPARKS Just Got Back from Heaven CD new DENMARK US $19.90 Buy It Now 15h 54m
HITS OF THE 80'S VOL.4 Various CD 16 Track Compilation Featuring Sparks, De Barg US $9.41 Buy It Now 15h 54m
JORDIN SPARKS No Air CD 2 Track B/w Save Me EUROPEAN 19 2008 US $9.41 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Sparks - Beat The Clock 7" Single (1979) US $6.26 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Sparks - Gratuitous Sax & Violins NEW CD US $14.01 Buy It Now 15h 56m
THE SPARKS Russell MAEL 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo slide negative #C/7608 US $7.84 Buy It Now 16h 3m
LOW SPARKS Out Here In The Words CD 4 Track Ep In Digi Pack Featuring She Was Al US $9.41 Buy It Now 16h 5m
Coldplay PROMO CD Sparks US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ramblin Bluegrass - Sparks,Larry (2008, CD New) US $7.18 Buy It Now 16h 15m
MELVIN SPARKS - TEXAS TWISTER / '75 NEW CD US $28.39 Buy It Now 16h 20m
Sparks,Melvin - Texas Twister/'75 [CD New] US $15.99 Buy It Now 16h 22m
No. 1 Song in Heaven [Single] by Sparks (CD, Mar-1999, Oglio Records) US $6.99 Buy It Now 16h 27m
Emits Showers of Sparks [Import] [Audio CD] Sixteen Deluxe US $5.00 Buy It Now 16h 29m
I'm a Gittar Player by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jun-1997, Cannonball Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
I'm a Gittar Player by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jun-1997, Cannonball Records) Jazz US $0.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS 'Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth / Alabamy Right' UK 1974 1ST - NM!! US $4.71 [0 bids]
SPARKS 12" WHEN DO I GET TO SING MY WAY? 4 Mixes US $7.19 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks CD 1999 ARCD8075 US $8.99 Buy It Now 17h 14m
Lasse Lindh - Sparks [CD New] US $22.83 Buy It Now 17h 18m
IMOGEN HEAP "Sparks" 2LP 2014 RCA/Megaphonic (Vinyl) New Sealed US $29.95 Buy It Now 17h 21m
Sahara Hotnights - Sparks [CD New] US $23.86 Buy It Now 17h 22m
THE AMOS HOUSE COLLECTION - VOLUME 2 - WHEAT- SPOON- EMILY SPARKS- ELF POWER-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 28m
Unforgettable by Jamie Sparks (CD, Jun-2001, Hitman Records) US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 35m
SPARKS 12" THE NUMBER ONE SONG IN HEAVEN virgin / vs 24414 blue vinyl US $21.20 Buy It Now 17h 36m
SPARKS a woofer in tweeter's clothing BEARSVILLE 1972 Warner Bros US LP (NM) US $29.70 Buy It Now 17h 46m
SEA FRUIT - LOOKING FOR SPARKS - MADE IN ENGLAND-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h
PERE UBU Waiting For Mary 12" Ps, 3 Tracks Inc Wine Dark Sparks+Flat, Ubu 212 US $14.12 Buy It Now 18h 2m
Sparks - New Music For Amnesiacs: Essential Collection [CD New] US $20.66 Buy It Now 18h 6m
Leaving My Empire * by Fred (CD, Mar-2012, Sparks Music) US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 11m
Europa Report (CD, Sparks & Shadows) US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 11m
Beachwood Sparks (CD New) US $11.30 Buy It Now 18h 14m
ROLLING STONES Out Of Tears CD 4 Track Don Was Edit B/w I'm Gonna Drive, Sparks US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 14m
STEWBOSS A Little Goes A Long Way CD 3 Track UK Flying Sparks 2002 US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 14m
SPARKS When Do I Get To Sing My Way CD 4 Track Grid Radio Edit In Red Sleeve B/w US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 15m
SPARKS When Do I Get To Sing My Way CD 4 Track Sparks Radio Edit Yellow Sleeve D US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 15m
SPARKS When I Kiss You CD 5 Track Radio Edit B/w Red Jerry Remix, When I Dub You US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 15m
(EY778) Pati Yang, Wires & Sparks - 2012 DJ CD US $3.85 [0 bids]
JIM HUNTER Sparks In Flight: Live RARE SEALED CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 18h 23m
TREVOR SPARKS ~ Rosemarie / MICHAEL LEVY ~ Baby Be Mine ~ 12" Single US $18.83 Buy It Now 18h 27m
TREVOR SPARKS & DANGER FIELD Woman Loving REGGAE 12" ?? US $9.34 Buy It Now 18h 40m
SPARKS - GIRL FROM GERMANY / BEAVER O'LINDY - BEARSVILLE K15516 US $12.55 [0 bids]
SPARKS "SO IMPORTANT" RARE STILL SEALED RHINO 70410 US $10.00 [0 bids]
RANDY SPARKS these thousand hills 7" PS EX/VG hong kong US $15.53 Buy It Now 18h 54m
SPARKS music that you can dance to 7" PS EX/EX uk wos US $15.53 Buy It Now 18h 57m
THROUGH THE SPARKS - ALAMALIBU - 2012-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 19h 2m
Message in a Bottle - Nicholas Sparks - Book on Tape - Cassette US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 8m
THE CATHERINE WHEEL - SPARKS ARE GONNA FLY - PROMO-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
TREVOR SPARKS - TOUCH OF CLASS VERY GOOD+ LP US $34.99 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 19h 42m
The Tyde - Once (2002) Beachwood Sparks members US $6.26 [0 bids]

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Propaganda ratings distribution

SPARKS Propaganda reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Sparks followed up their break though album Kimono My House with what can only be considered their most ambitious album from the '70s!

Propaganda kicks off with the 20 second intro tracks that clearly shows that the band were quite certain about the material that they had in store for their audience. This is quite rightfully so, since the next batch of tracks are simply some of the best compositions that Sparks have ever put on an album. At Home, At Work, At Play, B.C. and Thanks But No Thanks all sound like pure joy to my ears. Just when you though that the album can't get any much better than this, the band delivers one of my top 3 favorite Sparks compositions with Don't Leave Me Alone With Her. This is simply Art Rock at its finest, featuring that clear Sparks signature sound!

Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth is a sweet little ballad that swooshes by almost without notice due to all the other highlights that preceded it and it's successor is definitely not an exception to that rule! Something For The Girl With Everything is another one of those short energetic Sparks compositions that just makes you want to jump up and dance like you've never danced before, well at least that's the best description that I can give of this wonderful track.

Unfortunately this is as far as essential material goes since the final three tracks are a clear drop in quality compared to everything that proceeded it. Achoo is pretty harmless but a bit forgettable performance, but the real problem comes with Who Don't Like Kids. Who knew, apparently I don't like kids! While Bon Voyage does try to complete this package with a satisfying ending, I just can't see how this composition fits in with the rest of the material on Propaganda. The contrast just makes it sound completely out of place.

Although Propaganda does suffer from the inconsistency that has pledged pretty much each and every one of the Sparks albums up until 2002, this is easily their best album from the '70s and maybe even from their first 30 years! The album's assets clearly overweight any inconsistencies and make it quite a spectacle to behold!

***** star songs: Propaganda (0:23) At Home, At Work, At Play (3:06) B.C. (2:13) Thanks But No Thanks (4:14) Don't Leave Me Alone With Her (3:02) Something For The Girl With Everything (2:17)

**** star songs: Reinforcements (3:55) Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth (2:28) Achoo (3:34) Bon Voyage (2:54)

*** star songs: Who Don't Like Kids (3:37)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#448229) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars The followup to Kimono My House is really a refinement of the approach of that album. Aside from the mildly irritating Who Don't Like Kids, the bulk of the album is more tense, neurotic electro-pop with enough of a twist to make it of interest to prog fans. The lyrical subject matter ranges from allegories about natural or ecological disasters (Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth) to more conventional songs about relationships - well, conventional by Sparks' standards, anyway. Although, as Rune 2000 points out, the album starts running out of steam towards the end, until it does so it's compelling, endlessly enjoyable listening.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#535406) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review by tarkus1980
4 stars It would be very easy to dismiss this as Kimono My House's little brother or something like that. It was released six months after Kimono, it has the same producer and some of the same non-Mael musicians as Kimono (guitarist Adrian Fisher and drummer Norman Diamond return, though some of the guitar is provided by Trevor White), it's closer in style to Kimono than any other 70s Sparks album is to any of its adjacent albums, and weirdly enough it manages to cram the material that irritates me most near the end, just as on Kimono. And yet, the slight lack of polish that keeps the album from reaching as many glorious heights as its predecessor also lends a variety and messiness that mostly compensates, and the album ends up as at least 90% as enjoyable as Kimono. It's not quite Sparks crossed with Kimono, but it's as close as one could reasonably expect to get.

As mentioned, the album has an annoying stretch near the end, though it recovers strongly with the closing "Bon Voyage," which sets lyrics that seem to be about people waving goodbye to Noah's ark to music that alternates between anthemic bombast in the chorus and a whole lot of variation in the verses. "Achoo" is a decent enough bouncy number (which appears to be about dealing with your girl leaving you for a doctor) that features Russell fake-sneezing as a hook from time to time, but the band just couldn't leave well enough alone, and the song ends with a seemingly endless series of "Achoo" sounds piled on top of each other that just irritate the hell out of me. "Who Don't Like Kids" is more than a little dubious lyrically, but I could forgive the song (because, really, this is yet another song where I can't make out what the hell Russell is singing unless I look up the lyrics) and its excessive giddiness if it weren't for the occasional interlude of a bunch of kids singing the chorus in a way that drives me up a wall. I normally try to avoid "annoying" as a primary reason to dislike a song or two, but these two push the boundaries in such a way that I have to make an exception.

Thank goodness for the first eight tracks. The opening title track is a 25-second snippet of a capella circus music (Russell harmonizes with several layers of himself in a fascinating way), and it's immediately followed by "At Home, At Work, At Play," which is almost certainly my favorite Sparks song. It definitely sounds somewhat like a Kimono retread, but I'm ok with that; there's not a thing in this three-minute slab of bombastic keyboard-heavy glam rock that I would change. The lyrics are about a guy who is jealous of the time that his girl spends with other people despite the fact that she spends pretty much all of her time with him in some capacity, and it has some of the most hilariously elaborate lyrics about lust ever written crossed with elaborate laments about how there just isn't enough time to spend with her (even though, again, she's with him all of the time). It's the best combination of clever lyric and interesting/catchy music that I've ever heard from Sparks, and it's a track that I haven't grown tired of in the least despite the fact that it's certainly the Sparks track that I've listened to most over the years. If you've never heard this song or read the lyrics to it, do both right now.

The rest can't live up to such a great start, but it gives a noble effort. "Reinforcements" (a music-hall number with a martial rhythm in the chorus) and "B.C." (a silly number about a man named Aaron who doesn't want his wife, Betty, to leave him and take their son, Charlie, because it would ruin the greatness of having a family that can be called "ABC") are relatively trite by the standards of the band's best work, but they're cute, so they can stick around. Much better is the following "Thanks But No Thanks," a Kimono-worthy number about a kid who has to keep turning down the advances of sexual predators as he goes home ("...my orders come from high above me ..."), since his parents have ordered him to ("...about a foot or two above me ...") even though he feels bad about hurting their feelings, all set to a memorable tune that climaxes with a guitar solo that sounds an awful lot like an electric violin to me but apparently isn't. "Don't Leave Me Alone With Her" takes the "spending time with my wife is annoying because she's boring and the world isn't" concept of "Thank God it's Not Christmas" and amplifies it into "my wife is f$%*($&ing terrifying," set to a stomping ominous tune that makes it a minor classic. On the other side, "Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth" takes misogyny in a new direction, combining a relatively gentle harpsichord-based number (except for the weird breakdown in the middle) with lyrics that allude to the horrible things that Mother Earth can do when angry (with the implication that you shouldn't cheat on her), and while I'm a little surprised that this would have gotten the nod over "Home/Work/Play" to be a single, I'm not surprised it did pretty well in that regard. And finally, "Something for the Girl with Everything" is a cheery number whose tune masks lyrics that convey the sheer terror that comes from trying to find a gift for somebody who is blackmailing you, and seeking things that will make her happy and also not want to talk ("Three wise men are here/bearing gifts to aid amnesia").

There were also a couple of B-sides from the era, and they're decent enough, though not as great as their Kimono counterparts. "Alabamy Right" is yet another bit of music-hall influenced pop, this time apparently about dealing with the late-day rush as a supermarket cashier, and "Marry Me" is the one time that the misogyny gives way to reveal somebody who actually wants a happy quiet life with somebody (key stanza: "A happily-ever-after does that seem too much to ask?/With trees and tots and stucco walls and fountains in the back/And lawns that you or I can mow and neighbours who will chat/About important issues and the state of this 'n that") despite all of the pretense elsewhere in the band's material.

While this album certainly has its downsides, it also has so many great aspects that, for anybody who likes bombastic 70s pop, it's practically essential. If you've bought Sparks and Kimono already and like them, this should be your next stop. It's probably for the best that they didn't try to make another album in this vein, though.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1133940) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 19, 2014

5 stars This website must be one of the few places on Planet Internet where Propaganda is rated somewhat higher than Kimono My House. If you were to listen to George Starostin, Mark Prindle or other venerable internet music reviewers who helped spread the word about this underrated band, Propaganda ... (read more)

Report this review (#1047346) | Posted by rogerthat | Sunday, September 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPARKS "Propaganda"