PROPAGANDA

T. Samuel White Guitar, Group Member
Trevor White Guitar
Muff Winwood Producer

Island Records 1974 LP # 6396036

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS Propaganda Music

DJ SPARKS-HOT LAVA EP-1993-HARDCORE / RAVE US $17.73 Buy It Now 59m 33s
Sparks - Kimono My House NEW CD US $8.30 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Sparks,Jordin - Jordin Sparks [CD New] US $6.85 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Sparks,Mark - Flute Recital [CD New] US $15.48 Buy It Now 2h 2m
SPARKS SO IMPORTANT- RARE 12" MIX UK PRESS 1988 P/S EXC US $16.89 Buy It Now 2h 4m
AJ SPARKS & CREW - Working On Love - 7" US $17.31 Buy It Now 2h 8m
VARIOUS-DANIELLE & ROCHELLE VS DJ SPARKS-1992-OLDSKOOL TECHNO-BREAKBEAT HARDCORE US $10.53 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Catherine Wheel - Sparks Are Gonna Fly 7 track Ep - US DJ CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Randy Sparks Presents THE BACK PORCH MAJORITY -Live from Ledbetter's - PRomo US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Revolver Records Sampler CD Autumn 06 Akron Family Jay Reatard Beirut Sparks NEW US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
When Sparks Fly,CD,Why Bother Waiting US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
TREVOR SPARKS & BOBO GENERAL - Make Up You Mind ~ 12" Single US $15.20 [0 bids]
I'm a Gittar Player by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jun-1997, Cannonball Records) Jazz US $0.99 [0 bids]
Jordin Sparks cd US $3.25 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Sparks Cool Jane Wiedlin Japan Promo White Label Vinyl 7 inch Single 7" Go-Go's US $64.99 Buy It Now 4h 28m
HOWARD JONES "REVOLUTION OF THE HEART" KOCH BRONNIMANN BOULT SPARKS CD ALBUM US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h
SPARKS " AMATEUR HOUR " EX COND. US $3.19 Buy It Now 5h 9m
SPARKS 'BIG BEAT' RECORD LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Sparks-Profile: The Ultimate Sparks Collection [CASSETTE] CD Import Good US $5.49 Buy It Now 5h 40m
TELEX Saudi Arabia 747 Cassette 8266 sparks SYNTHPOP silicon teens ELECTRONIC US $6.00 [0 bids]
Omillio Sparks- This Is The Life - CD Single SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Jordin Sparks & The Script Professional Backing Track Cd US $6.74 Buy It Now 6h 45m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS - Desert Skies LP - SUPER DELUXE LTD Starburst Vinyl LTD of 400 US $30.00 Buy It Now 6h 56m
THE FOUR BRIGHT SPARKS House That Jack Built COLUMBIA 5674 78 RPM / E US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 58m
SPARKS " GET IN THE SWING " ISLAND RECORDS 7" SINGLE 1975 EXCELLENT US $4.21 Buy It Now 6h 59m
SPARKS " NEVER TURN YOU BACK ON MOTHER EARTH " ISLAND RECORDS 7" SINGLE 1974 US $4.21 Buy It Now 7h
Sparks - Indiscreet NEW CD US $8.30 Buy It Now 7h 4m
(P4)*SPARKS Beat the Clock UK 7" 45 single Excellent US $6.68 Buy It Now 8h
SPARKS: This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us ~ UK ISLAND 45 ~ WIP6193 US $8.43 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Sparks - Music That You Can Dance To (NEW CD) US $13.93 Buy It Now 8h 37m
JORDIN SPARKS Battlefield 2 BONUS TRX DELUXE SEALED CD & BONUS DVD Behind Scenes US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
SATURDAY SCENE LP 1974 Sally James SPARKS THE SWEET DAVID CASSIDY ALVIN STARDUST US $5.05 [0 bids]
Clinton Sparks & Kanye West - Touch the Sky (CD) US $2.86 Buy It Now 8h 53m
Editors - all sparks cd single US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Sparks-I Wish I Looked a Little Better (VG+) Promo US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 9m
Jordin Sparks Jordin Sparks with Exclusive Bonus Track CD US $4.02 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Jordin Sparks Tattoo Remixes 12" US $2.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
Not So Merry [CD & DVD] by Agent Sparks NEW! US $2.21 Buy It Now 9h 21m
SPARKS RARE UK 45 RON RUSSEL MAEL GET IN THE SWING UK 7 US $25.50 Buy It Now 9h 26m
RAZZY BAILEY SPARKS INCL. THE MORNING RAIN & QUARTER TO THREE VINYL LP US $6.74 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks CD 2008 BRAND NEW ALBUM US $9.21 Buy It Now 9h 44m
ORBITAL ONE PERFECT SUNRISE PAUL HARTNOLL LISA GERRARD DEAD CAN DANCE SPARKS CD US $59.99 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Sparks. Rare White Label Promo LP US $13.00 [1 bids]
LARRY SPARKS Gonna Be Movin' TEST PRESSING lp Rebel Records 1644 US $42.23 Buy It Now 9h 57m
LARRY SPARKS Gonna Be Movin' TEST PRESSING lp Rebel Records 1644.2 US $42.23 Buy It Now 10h
Love Huskies , Audio CD, Sparks Street US $7.45 Buy It Now 10h
LARRY SPARKS Gonna Be Movin' 3 Track Acetate lp Rebel Records 1644 US $55.55 Buy It Now 10h 5m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS Tarnished Gold CASSETTE Tape BRIAN JONESTOWN crowes TYDE psych US $8.00 [0 bids]
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe NEW CD US $20.02 Buy It Now 10h 24m
? Sparks - Pulling Rabbits Out of a Hat (timing strip) US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 34m
SPARKS In Outer Space Orig 1983 Vinyl LP EX w/Lyric Sleeve Allen Zentz US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Graham Parker & the Rumour Squeezing Out Sparks rare LP great condition US $10.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS Kimono My House +inner sleeve ISLAND 1974 FREE UK POST US $26.37 Buy It Now 11h 16m
Jordin Sparks (CD 2007) 13 Songs US $8.49 Buy It Now 11h 29m
ALAMALIBU - THROUGH THE SPARKS-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Sparks Exotic Creatures Of CD NEW (UK Import) US $16.36 Buy It Now 11h 36m
SPARKS - NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON MOTHER EARTH RARE YUGO PRESS 7"PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 46m
Sparks and Jane Wiedlin-Cool Places (PS) MINT US $8.00 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Clinton Sparks presents D-BLOCK TAKE EVERYTHING/LIL' KIM/FREEWAY 12" OG PROMO US $3.99 [0 bids]
Left Coast Angst by Sparks [Import] CD (2014) Brand New Ships Worldwide US $38.99 Buy It Now 13h 30m
SPARKS SPARKS CD US $6.45 Buy It Now 13h 30m
SPARKS Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth 7" B/W Alabamy Right, Wip 6211 US $8.43 Buy It Now 13h 40m
SPARKS Something For The Girl With Everything 7" B/W Marry Me, Wip.6221 (Vinyl US $8.43 Buy It Now 13h 40m
SPARKS Tryouts For The Human Race 7" Ps, B/W Tryouts For The Human Race-Long Ve US $8.43 Buy It Now 13h 40m
SPARKS When I'M With You 7" Ps, German Issue, B/W Instrumental, 101 230 - 100 ( US $8.43 Buy It Now 13h 40m
SPARKS Young Girls 7" Ps US $10.12 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Sparks - Mael Intuition - The Best Of Sparks 1974 CD US $10.53 Buy It Now 13h 41m
Sparks : In the Swing CD (1993) US $5.74 Buy It Now 14h
Sparks - Indiscreet NEW CD US $10.57 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Sparks: When I'm With You / (Instrumental) 7" 45 NM UK Virgin CS319 US $5.99 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Omillio Sparks : Pay Back CD (2007) US $3.25 Buy It Now 14h 9m
TREVOR SPARKS - GIRL ARE YOU READY / JR VIBES - HUSTLING / DIGITAL ENLGISH 1990S US $2.98 [1 bids]
Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Apr-2010, Columbia (USA) US $2.99 [0 bids]
(BB233) Tommy Sparks, Miracle - DJ CD US $4.65 Buy It Now 14h 36m
Breanne Duren Sparks EP CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Squeezing Out Sparks [Squeezing out Sparks + Live Sparks] by Graham Parker... US $4.89 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Al Sparks [8-Track] I Heard It At The Barber Shop *Girlie Cover* (Comedy) *1972* US $10.99 Buy It Now 15h 11m
Black Rain OST LP, Iggy Pop.Gregg Allman.UB40.Rita Mitsuoko, Sparks US $6.99 [0 bids]
BLITZ 1981 WHITE LABEL PROMO COMPILATION LP BOW WOW WOW SPARKS NEW WAVE NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 42m
SPARKS ANGST IN MY PANTS ATLANTIC RECORDS W/ORIG INNER SLEEVE NO BAR CODE US $0.99 [0 bids]
Sparks "Sparks/A Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing" Remastered CD Best Price on Ebay US $15.99 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Sparks - The Music of Sparks - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $31.17 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Rock Promo 45 RANDY SPARKS My One And Only Love on Columbia (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 47m
ULTIMIX 142 CD JONAS BROTHERS TING TINGS JORDIN SPARKS US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 44m
FUNKYMIX 116 LP JORDAN SPARKS LIL MAMA NELLY WAYNE NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 49m
AUTOGRAPHED Melvin Sparks "It Is What It Is" CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
MINT Import Graham Parker & Rumour SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS US $20.00 Buy It Now 20h 25m
Sparks - Big Beat (1994) CD (1976) US $13.51 Buy It Now 20h 28m
Sparks - No. 1 in Heaven CD (1999) (1979) US $13.51 Buy It Now 20h 28m
SPARKS Big Beat JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED +6 US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h
SPARKS Terminal Jive JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED +3 US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 2m
SPARKS GO GO Jingle-Jangle CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 21h 20m
Agent Sparks : Not So Merry: +DVD (2CDs) (2006) US $3.93 Buy It Now 22h
Chrysler : Failures & Sparks CD (2010) US $6.68 Buy It Now 22h
SPARKS A WOOFER IN TWEETER'S CLOTHING WEST GERMANY CD JAPAN EDIT 2800yen MSIF US $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 2m
Photoglo,Jim - Sparks In The Radio [CD New] US $15.49 Buy It Now 22h 11m
Sparks - Terminal Jive [CD New] US $12.18 Buy It Now 22h 14m

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS Propaganda ratings distribution

SPARKS Propaganda reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Sparks followed up their break though album Kimono My House with what can only be considered their most ambitious album from the '70s!

Propaganda kicks off with the 20 second intro tracks that clearly shows that the band were quite certain about the material that they had in store for their audience. This is quite rightfully so, since the next batch of tracks are simply some of the best compositions that Sparks have ever put on an album. At Home, At Work, At Play, B.C. and Thanks But No Thanks all sound like pure joy to my ears. Just when you though that the album can't get any much better than this, the band delivers one of my top 3 favorite Sparks compositions with Don't Leave Me Alone With Her. This is simply Art Rock at its finest, featuring that clear Sparks signature sound!

Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth is a sweet little ballad that swooshes by almost without notice due to all the other highlights that preceded it and it's successor is definitely not an exception to that rule! Something For The Girl With Everything is another one of those short energetic Sparks compositions that just makes you want to jump up and dance like you've never danced before, well at least that's the best description that I can give of this wonderful track.

Unfortunately this is as far as essential material goes since the final three tracks are a clear drop in quality compared to everything that proceeded it. Achoo is pretty harmless but a bit forgettable performance, but the real problem comes with Who Don't Like Kids. Who knew, apparently I don't like kids! While Bon Voyage does try to complete this package with a satisfying ending, I just can't see how this composition fits in with the rest of the material on Propaganda. The contrast just makes it sound completely out of place.

Although Propaganda does suffer from the inconsistency that has pledged pretty much each and every one of the Sparks albums up until 2002, this is easily their best album from the '70s and maybe even from their first 30 years! The album's assets clearly overweight any inconsistencies and make it quite a spectacle to behold!

***** star songs: Propaganda (0:23) At Home, At Work, At Play (3:06) B.C. (2:13) Thanks But No Thanks (4:14) Don't Leave Me Alone With Her (3:02) Something For The Girl With Everything (2:17)

**** star songs: Reinforcements (3:55) Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth (2:28) Achoo (3:34) Bon Voyage (2:54)

*** star songs: Who Don't Like Kids (3:37)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#448229) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars The followup to Kimono My House is really a refinement of the approach of that album. Aside from the mildly irritating Who Don't Like Kids, the bulk of the album is more tense, neurotic electro-pop with enough of a twist to make it of interest to prog fans. The lyrical subject matter ranges from allegories about natural or ecological disasters (Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth) to more conventional songs about relationships - well, conventional by Sparks' standards, anyway. Although, as Rune 2000 points out, the album starts running out of steam towards the end, until it does so it's compelling, endlessly enjoyable listening.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#535406) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review by tarkus1980
4 stars It would be very easy to dismiss this as Kimono My House's little brother or something like that. It was released six months after Kimono, it has the same producer and some of the same non-Mael musicians as Kimono (guitarist Adrian Fisher and drummer Norman Diamond return, though some of the guitar is provided by Trevor White), it's closer in style to Kimono than any other 70s Sparks album is to any of its adjacent albums, and weirdly enough it manages to cram the material that irritates me most near the end, just as on Kimono. And yet, the slight lack of polish that keeps the album from reaching as many glorious heights as its predecessor also lends a variety and messiness that mostly compensates, and the album ends up as at least 90% as enjoyable as Kimono. It's not quite Sparks crossed with Kimono, but it's as close as one could reasonably expect to get.

As mentioned, the album has an annoying stretch near the end, though it recovers strongly with the closing "Bon Voyage," which sets lyrics that seem to be about people waving goodbye to Noah's ark to music that alternates between anthemic bombast in the chorus and a whole lot of variation in the verses. "Achoo" is a decent enough bouncy number (which appears to be about dealing with your girl leaving you for a doctor) that features Russell fake-sneezing as a hook from time to time, but the band just couldn't leave well enough alone, and the song ends with a seemingly endless series of "Achoo" sounds piled on top of each other that just irritate the hell out of me. "Who Don't Like Kids" is more than a little dubious lyrically, but I could forgive the song (because, really, this is yet another song where I can't make out what the hell Russell is singing unless I look up the lyrics) and its excessive giddiness if it weren't for the occasional interlude of a bunch of kids singing the chorus in a way that drives me up a wall. I normally try to avoid "annoying" as a primary reason to dislike a song or two, but these two push the boundaries in such a way that I have to make an exception.

Thank goodness for the first eight tracks. The opening title track is a 25-second snippet of a capella circus music (Russell harmonizes with several layers of himself in a fascinating way), and it's immediately followed by "At Home, At Work, At Play," which is almost certainly my favorite Sparks song. It definitely sounds somewhat like a Kimono retread, but I'm ok with that; there's not a thing in this three-minute slab of bombastic keyboard-heavy glam rock that I would change. The lyrics are about a guy who is jealous of the time that his girl spends with other people despite the fact that she spends pretty much all of her time with him in some capacity, and it has some of the most hilariously elaborate lyrics about lust ever written crossed with elaborate laments about how there just isn't enough time to spend with her (even though, again, she's with him all of the time). It's the best combination of clever lyric and interesting/catchy music that I've ever heard from Sparks, and it's a track that I haven't grown tired of in the least despite the fact that it's certainly the Sparks track that I've listened to most over the years. If you've never heard this song or read the lyrics to it, do both right now.

The rest can't live up to such a great start, but it gives a noble effort. "Reinforcements" (a music-hall number with a martial rhythm in the chorus) and "B.C." (a silly number about a man named Aaron who doesn't want his wife, Betty, to leave him and take their son, Charlie, because it would ruin the greatness of having a family that can be called "ABC") are relatively trite by the standards of the band's best work, but they're cute, so they can stick around. Much better is the following "Thanks But No Thanks," a Kimono-worthy number about a kid who has to keep turning down the advances of sexual predators as he goes home ("...my orders come from high above me ..."), since his parents have ordered him to ("...about a foot or two above me ...") even though he feels bad about hurting their feelings, all set to a memorable tune that climaxes with a guitar solo that sounds an awful lot like an electric violin to me but apparently isn't. "Don't Leave Me Alone With Her" takes the "spending time with my wife is annoying because she's boring and the world isn't" concept of "Thank God it's Not Christmas" and amplifies it into "my wife is f$%*($&ing terrifying," set to a stomping ominous tune that makes it a minor classic. On the other side, "Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth" takes misogyny in a new direction, combining a relatively gentle harpsichord-based number (except for the weird breakdown in the middle) with lyrics that allude to the horrible things that Mother Earth can do when angry (with the implication that you shouldn't cheat on her), and while I'm a little surprised that this would have gotten the nod over "Home/Work/Play" to be a single, I'm not surprised it did pretty well in that regard. And finally, "Something for the Girl with Everything" is a cheery number whose tune masks lyrics that convey the sheer terror that comes from trying to find a gift for somebody who is blackmailing you, and seeking things that will make her happy and also not want to talk ("Three wise men are here/bearing gifts to aid amnesia").

There were also a couple of B-sides from the era, and they're decent enough, though not as great as their Kimono counterparts. "Alabamy Right" is yet another bit of music-hall influenced pop, this time apparently about dealing with the late-day rush as a supermarket cashier, and "Marry Me" is the one time that the misogyny gives way to reveal somebody who actually wants a happy quiet life with somebody (key stanza: "A happily-ever-after does that seem too much to ask?/With trees and tots and stucco walls and fountains in the back/And lawns that you or I can mow and neighbours who will chat/About important issues and the state of this 'n that") despite all of the pretense elsewhere in the band's material.

While this album certainly has its downsides, it also has so many great aspects that, for anybody who likes bombastic 70s pop, it's practically essential. If you've bought Sparks and Kimono already and like them, this should be your next stop. It's probably for the best that they didn't try to make another album in this vein, though.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1133940) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 19, 2014

5 stars This website must be one of the few places on Planet Internet where Propaganda is rated somewhat higher than Kimono My House. If you were to listen to George Starostin, Mark Prindle or other venerable internet music reviewers who helped spread the word about this underrated band, Propaganda ... (read more)

Report this review (#1047346) | Posted by rogerthat | Sunday, September 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPARKS "Propaganda"