THE SEDUCTION OF INGMAR BERGMAN

Search SPARKS The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman tabs

Rob Mael
Russell Mael

CD 2009 # BOR-SRCD205-5

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman Music

Sparks / Woofer in Tweeter's ClothingSparks / Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing
Edsel Records UK 2013
SPARKS GO GO - VARIETY - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $23.74 Buy It Now 45m 26s
[LP] Sparks,The Best Of Sparks (Island) {NM} US $15.59 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Spirit Valentine -Shower of Sparks CD goth post-punk 1992 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
CD. THE CATHERINE WHEEL - SPARKS ARE GONNA FLY VERY RARE Gatefold UK PROMO US $1.78 [0 bids]
EDITORS CD SINGLES COLLECTION MUNICH BLOOD SPARKS AN END HAS A START REMIXES US $32.61 [0 bids]
SPARKS Number 1 Song In Heaven 7" single picture sleeve NM/NM- playtested US $8.16 Buy It Now 2h 3m
7" Vinyl Picture Sleeve Sparks The Number One Song In Heaven US $0.16 [0 bids]
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe (NEW 2CD) US $20.78 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Through The Sparks - Lazarus Beach CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 2h 14m
[LP] Sparks,Music That You Can Dance To (Curb) {EX} USA US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Sparks - Exotic Creatures Of The Deep [CD New] US $16.66 Buy It Now 3h 15m
SPARKS - TERMINAL JIVE - BONUS TRACKS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.03 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Sparks - Gratuitous Sax & And Violins (NEW CD) US $18.33 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Trevor Sparks,Devoted To You,Trevor Sparks - Little Twitch - Count On You,12" US $21.19 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Worst Thing I've Been Cursed With, Sparks the Rescue, New US $9.09 Buy It Now 4h 20m
AGENT SPARKS - RED ROVER (CD) (REF E1) US $6.51 Buy It Now 4h 58m
SPARKS 'TWO HANDS ONE MOUTH : LIVE IN EUROPE' 2 CD SET (2013) US $19.49 Buy It Now 5h 3m
MAKE UP YOUR MIND - Trevor Sparks & Bobo General (DB1616) US $4.88 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Lloyd Sparks You Don't Care Big Shot 7" US $8.14 [0 bids]
NICK (IMPORT) URATA - RUBY SPARKS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $29.10 Buy It Now 5h 26m
In Outer Space [Remaster] by Sparks (CD, Mar-1999, Repertoire) US $14.47 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Terminal Jive [Remaster] by Sparks (CD, Apr-1999, Repertoire) US $14.30 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Music That You Can Dance To by Sparks (CD, Mar-2011, Repertoire) US $14.47 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Akilah by Melvin Sparks (Vinyl, Jan-1993, BGP (Beat Goes Public)) US $17.48 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Sparks!/Akilah by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jan-1993, Ace (Label)) US $16.69 Buy It Now 5h 29m
SOKAL HARRY/GROOVE - WHERE SPARKS START TO FLY - CRACK0046 US $20.89 Buy It Now 5h 29m
Halfnelson (Sparks) / A Woofer In Tweeters Clothing * NEW US $19.66 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Diana Magazine No. 621 11 January 1975 Elton John Russell Mael of Sparks US $48.93 Buy It Now 5h 33m
DO YOU KNOW NOW - Trevor Sparks (DB1588) US $4.88 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Sparks Are Gonna Fly US $7.72 Buy It Now 5h 50m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS-once we were trees-2001 sub pop-ORIG USA CD US $7.91 [0 bids]
Desert Skies - Beachwood Sparks New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $25.05 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Sparks Kimono My House CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $9.77 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Catherine Wheel - Sparks Are Gonna Fly 2 mixes - US CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Sparks - Two Hands One Mouth Live In Europe NEW CD US $17.00 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Graham Parker and the Rumour - Squeezing Out Sparks LP - Arista Records AB 4223 US $3.99 [1 bids]
SPARKS KIMONO MY HOUSE Italy ORIGINAL issue on palm Island label. New Wave US $40.00 Buy It Now 7h 22m
SPARKS INDISCREET Italy issue on second palm Island label. New Wave US $35.00 Buy It Now 7h 24m
SPARKS ANGST IN MY PANTS Japan original OBI and 2 inserts W/L PROMO! New Wave US $65.00 Buy It Now 7h 24m
SPARKS,LARRY-40 CD NEW US $17.69 Buy It Now 7h 38m
MELVIN SPARKS - WHAT YOU HEAR IS WHAT YOU GET [MELVIN SPARKS] - NEW CD US $15.70 Buy It Now 7h 51m
The Sparks "Merry, Merry Lou/Ol' Man River" Single US $7.95 Buy It Now 8h 26m
Sparks - The Number One Song In Heaven 7" US $8.14 Buy It Now 8h 28m
BARRY SPARKS Glimmer Of Hope CD Solo Album HTF 1999 AOR US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 3m
SPARKS "THROUGH FLOOD AND FIRE" CD 1990 RARE REUNION US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 36m
JORDIN SPARKS Jordin Sparks CD SONY MUSIC RUSSIA OBI NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
EARLY Johnny Rivers Ricky Nelson Randy Sparks Material on MGM 4256 US $13.49 Buy It Now 9h 48m
THE TYDE All My Bastard Children UK Lissy's 45 West Coast indie Beachwood Sparks US $4.88 [0 bids]
Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly [CD New] US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 24m
Sparks Fly, Miranda Cosgrove, Good US $1.00 [0 bids]
Emits Showers of Sparks by Sixteen Deluxe (CD, Mar-1998, Warner Bros.) US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Sparks Street * by Love Huskies (CD, Aug-1998, Gotham Distributing Corp.) US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Sparks Fly by Miranda Cosgrove (CD, Jan-2000, Columbia (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Jackie Magazine 12 April 1975 No.588 Ron & Russell Mael Sparks Paul McCartney US $48.93 Buy It Now 10h 55m
MELVIN SPARKS - sparks - PRESTIGE - STEREO - VAN GELDER US $7.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS - WHEN IM WITH YOU 7" FULLY SIGNED RUSSEL & RON MAEL PUNK POP US $8.14 [1 bids]
AUTOGRAPHED Melvin Sparks "It Is What It Is" CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Jackie Magazine 19 April 1975 No.589 Mud Sparks US $48.93 Buy It Now 11h 27m
SPARKS KIMONO MY HOUSE MINI LP CD OBI US $15.95 Buy It Now 11h 28m
Jackie Magazine 20 July 1974 No.550 Sparks The Rubettes Status Quo Elton John US $48.93 Buy It Now 11h 35m
SPARKS PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HATL TEST PRESSING LP RECORD US $99.99 Buy It Now 11h 35m
SPARKS - IPREDICT // MOUSTACHE - EX MINT- 45 US $3.30 [0 bids]
Jackie Magazine 23 November 1974 No.568 Sparks The Sweet Elton John US $40.78 Buy It Now 11h 51m
The Best Of Sparks LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS - SPARKS [SAHARA HOTNIGHTS] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $28.35 Buy It Now 11h 58m
Beachwood Sparks - Desert Skies LP NEW US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 3m
Jordin Sparks by Jordin Sparks (CD, Nov-2007, 19/Jive Recordings) US $0.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS Kimono My House LP Vinyl Record Album RARE EX+ US $8.97 [2 bids]
SPARKS**MAEL INTUITION: BEST OF SPARKS 1974-76**CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 12h 16m
ULTRA RARE REGGAE SKA 45 VG+++ LLOYD SPARKS & TONY ALL STARS - YOU DONT CARE US $24.45 [0 bids]
New OFFICIAL MIXTAPE 2014 - Clinton Sparks - Digital-Detox US $14.99 [0 bids]
KYLIE MINOGUE-INTO THE BLUE-UK EXCLUSIVE 7" SINGLE/SPARKS/KISS ME ONCE/PWL/POP US $16.29 [0 bids]
JIMMY LUNCEFORD: The Last Sparks 1941-44 (jazz LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 12h 32m
SPARKS * PRETENDING TO BE DRUNK & PRETENDING TO BE DRUNK * 45 RPM * PROMO US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 33m
LIO Suite Sixtine RARE LP Sparks 1983 CANADA Telex Synth NM ron US $220.00 Buy It Now 12h 36m
Sparks ~ Indiscreet ~ 1975 (UK) ~ Laminated Gatefold ~ ILPS9345 ~ EX+ US $6.51 [0 bids]
Sparks ~ Kimono My House ~ 1974 (UK) Pink Rim ~ A2 / B1 ~ Island ILPS9272 US $8.14 [0 bids]
Jackie Magazine 8 February 1975 No.579 Sparks Alvin Stardust Noddy Holder US $48.93 Buy It Now 12h 53m
CHARLIE EARLAND -(LP)-IN THE POCKET WITH H.PERSON, M. SPARKS & I. MUHAMMAD -1982 US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 20m
Sparks-Set Of 2 Badges Morrissey US $2.45 Buy It Now 13h 20m
Jordin Sparks : Jordin Sparks CD (2008) *signed* US $0.99 [1 bids]
Make the Cowboy Robots Cry [EP] by Beachwood Sparks (CD, May-2002, Sub Pop (USA) US $1.99 [0 bids]
RANDY SPARKS - FOLLOW ME - RARE POP PSYCH 45 ON AMERICAN GRAMOPHONE WLP PROMO US $5.00 [1 bids]
sparks - when i'm with you - 7" vinyl single US $14.66 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Jordin Sparks 'Tattoo' Promo CD single US $3.25 [0 bids]
RARE PROMO, THE SPARKS, "Why Did You Leave", Doo Wop, Decca, 1959 US $50.00 [0 bids]
JASON SPARKS,SI BEGG,KEVIN BEBER - Urban Funk Philosophies 12" Botchit Breaks 2 US $1.22 [0 bids]
(16D) Sparks Fly, Creatures - DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 14h 44m
RANDY SPARKS/THE NEW SOCIETY PRIVATE RARE TEEN 45 PROMO HEAR LISTEN US $29.99 [0 bids]
Sparks ?- Kimono My House - Orig 1974 Release - Good Condition US $6.52 [0 bids]
Sparks ?- Indiscreet - Orig 1973 Gatefold Sleeve - Excellent Condition US $13.05 [0 bids]
SPARKS - BIG BEAT + BONUS TRACKS (CD 2006, Universal) **LIKE NEW** US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 18m
(CP204) Pati Yang, Wires & Sparks EP - 2012 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 15h 28m
1980 - SPARKS - Terminal Jive - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.66 Buy It Now 15h 28m
PEPPINO D'AGOSTINO: SPARKS; 1987 SHANACHIE 96004 SEALED LP; CD LONG OUT OF PRINT US $11.00 Buy It Now 16h 4m
Look-In Magazine No.44 25 October 1975 Sparks Sean Connery Trevor Francis US $24.47 Buy It Now 16h 22m
RACHEL Way to My Heart CD 1991 CHERYL JEWEL Heli Sterner JENNIFER YORK SPARKS US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 25m
THE SPARKS Danny Boy/Run Run Run HULL 45-H-723 Doo Wop *LISTEN* US $350.00 Buy It Now 16h 47m
CLINTON SPARKS & KANYE WEST TOUCH THE SKY CD NEW SEALED US $3.99 [0 bids]
LOT OF 2 CLINTON SPARKS MIX CD KANYE WEST TOUCH THE SKY & BUSTA RHYMES NEW US $6.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman ratings distribution

SPARKS The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars Sometimes there's something to be said for staying in your lane. Through assorted means, the brothers received a commission to write a Sweden-related radio musical for Swedish national radio, and the result was this fictional tale involving the famous movie director Ingmar Bergman (played by Jonas Malmsj÷). The story, more or less, is as follows: soon after winning an award at the 1956 Cannes Film Festival, Ingmar feels the need to go watch an American action movie, despite the fact that he hates escapist art. He comes out of the movie theater and is surprised to find himself in Hollywood, with a limo waiting for him. He's taken to a meeting with various Hollywood studio executives, who try to persuade him to stay and make films there, despite the fact he hates everything about Hollywood and all that it stands for. Initially, he feels torn; he doesn't want to sell out, but the ability to have real financing for his movies seems like too good of a deal to pass on. After starting to settle into the realities of Hollywood life, including actresses who don't respect him and people constantly asking for his autograph, he decides he needs to get away, even though Sweden may or may not exist in this reality. As he's making his way on foot from his hotel, he realizes that he's being chased by police and helicopters, bringing him into the horrible irony of being an actor in a bad, big-budget Hollywood action film. He comes to the seashore, prays for help, meets the angel of Greta Garbo, goes to a movie with her, leaves the movie and finds himself back in Sweden. Fin.

I suppose it should be considered a success that this project isn't a complete disaster. There are a handful of really memorable and interesting bits, even if a lot of the album consists of "transitional" material. "Why Do You Take That Tone With Me?" features a great vocal from opera singer Rebecca Sj÷wall, depicting an angry Hollywood starlet who doesn't like the condescension that Bergman oozes with every word and action on the set, and there's a good deal of dramatic heft in it. "Limo Driver (Welcome to Hollywood)" offers a chance to hear Ron sing for the first time (spoiler alert: it's a good thing Russell usually sings), but it makes for a fun ditty, and the following "Mr. Bergman, How Are You?" does an entertaining job of depicting the attempts of the Hollywood executives to try and woo Bergman over. "The Studio Commissary" is a fun chance to namecheck a bunch of famous directors getting lunch over a vaudeville tune, "Autograph Hounds" has great interplay between the disorienting vocals and some intense synths, "Oh My God" (where Bergman asks for deliverance) is a decent emotional climax, and "Garbo Sings" (where Greta Garbo brings deliverance) is a great reprise of themes from earlier. Oh, and I guess that "He's Home" makes for a fitting, joyful ending.

For all of the good that this album provides, though, there are some fundamental flaws that are hard to escape. One of these is that, while we're clearly supposed to empathize with Bergman as he seeks refuge from the awfulness that is Hollywood, it's hard to tell exactly how he's been wronged here (well, aside from the weird teleportation kidnapping that kicks off the whole thing). Bergman really comes across as a prick, especially when he's on set (this sequence may or may not be in his mind, but then again the whole album may or may not be in his mind), and quite honestly I find myself siding with the Hollywood Studio Chief when he sings, "We've offered him the moon/Rejected us like goons/And all the while unfazed, his eyes were dull and glazed/But all that's in the past./He really has some gall/To turn us down at all/He really has some gall to turn us down at all/Is anyone that great?" near the end. If Ron and Russell meant for the listener to sympathize completely with Bergman, they didn't really succeed.

A second major problem comes from the baffling decision to make the English-language version available only as a digital download, with all 64 minutes contained within a single track. The provided rationale for this was essentially that they wanted people to have to listen to this as a whole, to treat it as a serious piece of art rather than a collection of individual tracks, but I find this explanation unsatisfying simply because musicals generally are broken up into individual tracks. This is a rare instance of the group taking itself much too seriously, and it's a little off-putting.

Despite these issues, though, I'd have to say that this is a decent album on the whole, and one that any serious Sparks fan should listen to two or three times. Yes, when Bergman solemnly intones near the end, "Thank you for listening to my story. You may be relieved to know the story is soon coming to an end" I find myself thinking "Damn straight," but it's a still very competent and well-crafted piece of work on the whole. I can't imagine wanting to listen to it more than two or three more times in my life, but I'm glad I listened to it as many times as I did.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1198795) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 26, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman"