THE SEDUCTION OF INGMAR BERGMAN

Search SPARKS The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman tabs

Rob Mael
Russell Mael

CD 2009 # BOR-SRCD205-5

SPARKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPARKS The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman Music

PlagiarismPlagiarism
Oglio Records 1998
Best ofBest of
Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2000
New Music for Amnesiacs: Essential CollectionNew Music for Amnesiacs: Essential Collection
Lil Beethoven UK 2013
Angst in My PantsAngst in My Pants
Repertoire 1999
MELVIN SPARKS - WHAT YOU HEAR IS WHAT YOU GET [MELVIN SPARKS] - NEW CD US $13.82 Buy It Now 40m 2s
Sparks Best Of Music You Can Dance To Cd Curb US $8.80 [0 bids]
Sparks - The Number One Song In Heaven 7" US $8.28 Buy It Now 1h 17m
SPARKS GO GO - Shayou - Japan CD J-POP - 10Tracks US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
SPARKS UK 1987 12" Single ROSEBUD US $4.56 Buy It Now 1h 26m
BARRY SPARKS Glimmer Of Hope CD Solo Album HTF 1999 AOR US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
NME Morrissey: Songs To Save Your Life 17-trk CD NEW The Slits Sparks Ludus Gene US $8.28 Buy It Now 2h
JORDIN SPARKS Jordin Sparks CD SONY MUSIC RUSSIA OBI NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
EARLY Johnny Rivers Ricky Nelson Randy Sparks Material on MGM 4256 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
SPARKS PULLING RABBITS OUT OF A HATL TEST PRESSING LP RECORD US $99.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
[TODD RUNDGREN] SPARKS ~ SELF TITLED ~ 1972 US 11-TRACK LP ~ BEARSVILLE BV 2048 US $58.09 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly [CD New] US $8.59 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Emits Showers of Sparks by Sixteen Deluxe (CD, Mar-1998, Warner Bros.) US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Sparks Street * by Love Huskies (CD, Aug-1998, Gotham Distributing Corp.) US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Jimmie Lunceford "Last Sparks 1941-1944" Unopened Record Album MCA -1321 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Sparks - Introducing Sparks NEW CD US $15.60 Buy It Now 3h 37m
SPARKS : " FUNNY FACE " / " TIPS FOR TEENS " .RARE FR 7" PS EX/EX 1981 UNDERDOG US $29.99 [0 bids]
A Bag Of Blue Sparks/Gay Spunk - Warp - 1998 #20971 US $8.28 Buy It Now 3h 45m
SPARKS PROPAGANDA MINI LP CD OBI US $15.95 Buy It Now 4h 12m
SPARKS KIMONO MY HOUSE MINI LP CD OBI US $15.95 Buy It Now 4h 17m
SPARKS - WHEN I KISS YOU ( I HEAR CHARLIE PARKER PLAYING ) CD SINGLE US $6.61 Buy It Now 4h 31m
SPARKS Music You Can Dance To 1986 USA LP MCA RECORDS 5780 US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Beachwood Sparks - Desert Skies LP NEW US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
SPARKS**MAEL INTUITION: BEST OF SPARKS 1974-76**CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 5h 5m
JIMMY LUNCEFORD: The Last Sparks 1941-44 (jazz LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 5h 21m
LIO Suite Sixtine RARE LP Sparks 1983 CANADA Telex Synth NM ron US $220.00 Buy It Now 5h 25m
SPARKS - INTERIOR DESIGN 91 ORIGINAL CD (MAGNUM MUSIC): NR MINT US $5.31 [2 bids]
CHARLIE EARLAND -(LP)-IN THE POCKET WITH H.PERSON, M. SPARKS & I. MUHAMMAD -1982 US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 9m
DECCA group rocker 45 THE SPARKS - Ol' Man River + Mary Mary Lou US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merry Christmas ~ Randy Sparks ~ 7 1/2 IPS Reel To Reel US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
GRAHAM PARKER Squeezing Out Sparks Brinsley Schwarz ORIG NO BARCODE 79 LP SEALED US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
sparks - when i'm with you - 7" vinyl single US $14.92 Buy It Now 7h 2m
(16D) Sparks Fly, Creatures - DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 7h 33m
GRAHAM PARKER AND THE RUMOUR - SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS ARISTA US LP 4223 (1979) US $1.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS - BIG BEAT + BONUS TRACKS (CD 2006, Universal) **LIKE NEW** US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
(CP204) Pati Yang, Wires & Sparks EP - 2012 DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 8h 17m
1980 - SPARKS - Terminal Jive - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.92 Buy It Now 8h 17m
SPARKS "Kimono My House" -1st GERMAN PRESS *ISLAND* PINK RIM - MINT- US $19.99 [0 bids]
Sparks - Near Perfect US $3.09 Buy It Now 8h 20m
PEPPINO D'AGOSTINO: SPARKS; 1987 SHANACHIE 96004 SEALED LP; CD LONG OUT OF PRINT US $11.00 Buy It Now 8h 53m
RACHEL Way to My Heart CD 1991 CHERYL JEWEL Heli Sterner JENNIFER YORK SPARKS US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS-once we were trees-2001 sub pop-ORIG USA CD US $5.78 [0 bids]
Sparks live concert London 20th March 2004 very small mini poster print A5 size US $24.88 Buy It Now 9h 43m
SPARKS "I PREDICT" 45 PS US $4.49 Buy It Now 9h 47m
SPARKS 45 BEAT THE CLOCK UK PRESS RON MAEL 45 RECORD US $17.00 Buy It Now 10h
CLINTON SPARKS & BUSTA RYMES New Crack City CD US $17.70 Buy It Now 10h 3m
Through the Sparks Almanac (MMX) Year of Beasts CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Not So Merry [EP] [Digipak] by Agent Sparks (CD, Sep-2005, Immortal) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist Sparks in the Dark CD US $4.43 Buy It Now 10h 19m
PHYLLIS TAYLOR SPARKS - ACCENTS FOR SOLO HARP NEW CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Johnny Rivers, Ricky Nelson, Randy Sparks, unopened 8 track cartridge US $7.50 [1 bids]
Vinnie Moore Live UFO guitarist Wayne Findlay Shane Gaalaas Barry Sparks MSG US $4.99 [0 bids]
Born into Trouble as the Sparks Fly Upward by A Silver Mt. Zion (CD,... US $2.99 [1 bids]
RANDY SPARKS: Hazy Sunshine (vocalists vinyl 45) dj US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 31m
New Christy Minstrels RAMBLIN' "Green Green" LP record Randy Sparks cs US $9.07 Buy It Now 11h 36m
SPARKS -- Pulling rabbits out of a hat -- 1984 LP release US $6.00 Buy It Now 11h 45m
SPARKS - "Pretending To Be Drunk" 1984 1st US PROMO ONLY 7" Single - Atlantic US $17.88 Buy It Now 11h 50m
RANDY SPARKS: The Big Night (oldies vinyl 45) wol US $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 9m
RAD Soundtrack 1986 ORIGINAL VINYL LP BMX X Games Farnham Beat Farmers Sparks US $82.25 [0 bids]
Larry Sparks & The Lonesome Ramblers - 'Ramblin' Bluegrass - Cassette SEALED US $4.99 [0 bids]
SPARKS & JANE WIEDLIN Cool Places 45 rpm PICTURE SLEEVE Atlantic 1983 New Wave US $6.95 Buy It Now 12h 30m
Graham Parker & the Rumour- Squeezing Out Sparks- used cassette- mint US $1.00 Buy It Now 12h 57m
SPARKS, LARRY sparklin' bluegrass VG/VG USA KB-531 | 13-1119-027 US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m
SPARKS, LARRY kinda lonesome VG/VG USA L101 / 791236 | 13-1119-028 US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m
SPARKS, LARRY the footsteps of tradition G/VG USA KB-527 | 13-1119-031 US $17.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Zero 1 CD featuring Hal Sparks, Miles Loretta, Robert Hall Zero One US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 35m
Sparks (Deluxe Edition)ábyáImogen Heap CD (2014) Brand New Ships Worldwide US $28.99 Buy It Now 13h 51m
Sparks byáImogen Heap Vinyl Record (2014) Brand New Ships Worldwide US $39.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Pop Promo 45 TOM SPARKS (Walkin' Down a) Country Road o US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 5m
THE SPARKS DEBUT ALBUM 1972 ORIG. WHITE LABEL PROMO VINYL LP EX+ VERY RARE US $99.99 Buy It Now 16h 11m
LARRY SPARKS - COLDEST PART OF WINTER NEW CD US $21.89 Buy It Now 16h 13m
The NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS TODAY Randy Sparks LP STEREO Shrinkwrap Columbia 60s US $19.00 Buy It Now 16h 20m
Jordin Sparks - S/T JAPAN CD+1Bonus Mint W/OBI #33-4 US $10.99 Buy It Now 16h 43m
7"-Single TREVOR WHITE - Crazy Kids (1976 ) RARE GERMANY PS / THE JOOK / SPARKS US $79.99 Buy It Now 17h 25m
NM- LARRY SPARKS COUNTRY LP IN SHRINK WRAP - BLUES SPARKS! REBEL 1618! US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 53m
Beachwood Sparks by Beachwood Sparks (PROMO CD, Mar-2000, Sub Pop (USA)) US $8.25 Buy It Now 18h 55m
Thee Silver Mt Zion - Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upwards (CD) CST018-2 US $24.88 Buy It Now 19h 54m
SPARKS - NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON MOTHER EARTH WIP 6211 7" VINYL RECORD VG 29 US $4.96 Buy It Now 19h 54m
Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly CD COLUMBIA US $12.81 Buy It Now 20h 17m
Sparks - Balls CD Pop Rock US $28.38 Buy It Now 20h 18m
Tori Sparks - Scorpion In The Story CD US $15.24 Buy It Now 20h 25m
Agent Sparks,NEW CD,Red Rover US $2.29 Buy It Now 20h 33m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS - TARNISHED GOLD NEW VINYL US $29.78 Buy It Now 20h 54m
SPARKS, A WOOFER IN TWEETER'S CLOTHING, LP 1973 GERMANY 1ST PRESS A1/B1 VG/EX US $26.54 Buy It Now 21h 13m
SPARKS, INDISCREET, LP 1975 UK VG/VG+, GATEFOLD/SL ILPS 9345 US $11.60 Buy It Now 21h 13m
SPARKS - MORODER - FUNNY FACE - rare Italy ps 7'' US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 29m
SPARKS_Exotic Creatures Of The Deep_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $9.31 Buy It Now 21h 32m
Chrysler,NEW CD,Failures & Sparks US $6.49 Buy It Now 21h 39m
GROVER Tiny Blue Sparks CD MOGWAI Mono UK NEW Sealed US $17.49 Buy It Now 22h 8m
Woodstar : Life Sparks CD (2004) US $5.97 Buy It Now 22h 9m
Battlefield, Jordin Sparks, New US $4.00 Buy It Now 22h 38m
SPARKS ACHOO USA ISLAND PROMO RARE VINTAGE VINYL 7" RECORD GLAM ROCK RON MAEL US $26.99 Buy It Now 22h 39m
Sparks Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins CD Synthpop 1995 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Angst In My Pants - Sparks New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.22 Buy It Now 22h 55m
SPARKS - INTRODUCING SPARKS - LBRCDRUS US $19.14 Buy It Now 23h 13m
HUI / WORTHINGTON / CHRISTIE / KULESHA / MORISON - & BLUE SPARKS BURN NEW CD US $23.79 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Sparks - New Music For Amnesiacs - The Essential Collection - LBRCD7 US $27.48 Buy It Now 23h 19m
JORDIN SPARKS - JORDIN SPARKS - BONUS TRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $55.07 Buy It Now 23h 54m
BEACHWOOD SPARKS "Desert Skies" LP 2013, Alive (Vinyl) US $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day
I'm a Gittar Player by Melvin Sparks (CD, Jun-1997, Cannonball Records) Jazz US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy SPARKS music online Buy SPARKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPARKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPARKS The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman ratings distribution

SPARKS The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman reviews

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars Sometimes there's something to be said for staying in your lane. Through assorted means, the brothers received a commission to write a Sweden-related radio musical for Swedish national radio, and the result was this fictional tale involving the famous movie director Ingmar Bergman (played by Jonas Malmsj÷). The story, more or less, is as follows: soon after winning an award at the 1956 Cannes Film Festival, Ingmar feels the need to go watch an American action movie, despite the fact that he hates escapist art. He comes out of the movie theater and is surprised to find himself in Hollywood, with a limo waiting for him. He's taken to a meeting with various Hollywood studio executives, who try to persuade him to stay and make films there, despite the fact he hates everything about Hollywood and all that it stands for. Initially, he feels torn; he doesn't want to sell out, but the ability to have real financing for his movies seems like too good of a deal to pass on. After starting to settle into the realities of Hollywood life, including actresses who don't respect him and people constantly asking for his autograph, he decides he needs to get away, even though Sweden may or may not exist in this reality. As he's making his way on foot from his hotel, he realizes that he's being chased by police and helicopters, bringing him into the horrible irony of being an actor in a bad, big-budget Hollywood action film. He comes to the seashore, prays for help, meets the angel of Greta Garbo, goes to a movie with her, leaves the movie and finds himself back in Sweden. Fin.

I suppose it should be considered a success that this project isn't a complete disaster. There are a handful of really memorable and interesting bits, even if a lot of the album consists of "transitional" material. "Why Do You Take That Tone With Me?" features a great vocal from opera singer Rebecca Sj÷wall, depicting an angry Hollywood starlet who doesn't like the condescension that Bergman oozes with every word and action on the set, and there's a good deal of dramatic heft in it. "Limo Driver (Welcome to Hollywood)" offers a chance to hear Ron sing for the first time (spoiler alert: it's a good thing Russell usually sings), but it makes for a fun ditty, and the following "Mr. Bergman, How Are You?" does an entertaining job of depicting the attempts of the Hollywood executives to try and woo Bergman over. "The Studio Commissary" is a fun chance to namecheck a bunch of famous directors getting lunch over a vaudeville tune, "Autograph Hounds" has great interplay between the disorienting vocals and some intense synths, "Oh My God" (where Bergman asks for deliverance) is a decent emotional climax, and "Garbo Sings" (where Greta Garbo brings deliverance) is a great reprise of themes from earlier. Oh, and I guess that "He's Home" makes for a fitting, joyful ending.

For all of the good that this album provides, though, there are some fundamental flaws that are hard to escape. One of these is that, while we're clearly supposed to empathize with Bergman as he seeks refuge from the awfulness that is Hollywood, it's hard to tell exactly how he's been wronged here (well, aside from the weird teleportation kidnapping that kicks off the whole thing). Bergman really comes across as a prick, especially when he's on set (this sequence may or may not be in his mind, but then again the whole album may or may not be in his mind), and quite honestly I find myself siding with the Hollywood Studio Chief when he sings, "We've offered him the moon/Rejected us like goons/And all the while unfazed, his eyes were dull and glazed/But all that's in the past./He really has some gall/To turn us down at all/He really has some gall to turn us down at all/Is anyone that great?" near the end. If Ron and Russell meant for the listener to sympathize completely with Bergman, they didn't really succeed.

A second major problem comes from the baffling decision to make the English-language version available only as a digital download, with all 64 minutes contained within a single track. The provided rationale for this was essentially that they wanted people to have to listen to this as a whole, to treat it as a serious piece of art rather than a collection of individual tracks, but I find this explanation unsatisfying simply because musicals generally are broken up into individual tracks. This is a rare instance of the group taking itself much too seriously, and it's a little off-putting.

Despite these issues, though, I'd have to say that this is a decent album on the whole, and one that any serious Sparks fan should listen to two or three times. Yes, when Bergman solemnly intones near the end, "Thank you for listening to my story. You may be relieved to know the story is soon coming to an end" I find myself thinking "Damn straight," but it's a still very competent and well-crafted piece of work on the whole. I can't imagine wanting to listen to it more than two or three more times in my life, but I'm glad I listened to it as many times as I did.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#1198795) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 26, 2014

Post a review of SPARKS "The Seduction Of Ingmar Bergman"