Rush Far Cry album cover

2. Far Cry (Radio Edit)

Search RUSH Far Cry lyrics

Search RUSH Far Cry tabs

- Geddy Lee / bass guitar, bass pedals, mellotron, vocals
- Alex Lifeson / six & twelve string electric and acousitc guitars, mandola, mandolin, bouzouki
- Neil Peart / drums, cymbals, electronic percussion, tambourine

Thanks to hawkwind for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Far Cry Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
Moving Pictures [Remastered]Moving Pictures [Remastered]
2112 [Remastered]2112 [Remastered]
A Farewell to KingsA Farewell to Kings
Mercury 1997
Permanent Waves (Remastered)Permanent Waves (Remastered)
Rush (Remastered)Rush (Remastered)
Mercury 1997
Fly By Night (Remastered)Fly By Night (Remastered)
Signals (Remastered)Signals (Remastered)
Caress Of Steel [Remastered]Caress Of Steel [Remastered]
Hemispheres (Remastered)Hemispheres (Remastered)

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

RUSH Far Cry ratings distribution

RUSH Far Cry reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Far Cry' - Rush (Single)

I remember when this track first started getting aired on classic rock FM radio a few years back. I was a newly initiated fan into what have now become one of my favourite groups, after having rolled through their catalogue and loving most of what I had heard, the prospect of new Rush was exciting, to say the least. When 'Far Cry' was finally leaked to the public for listening, I remember being very excited to hear what the studio album 'Snakes & Arrows' had in store. With that in mind, the single accomplished it's purpose well.

Starting out with a proggy intro that uses an irregular time signature, the song kicks into a much more basic, rocking manner. Each band member is represented here in equal portions. Geddy Lee's basswork can heard driving through the entire piece, and while Lifeson and Peart don't get as much of an innovative credit as one might have hoped, everything works well to reinforce the songwriting, which is very melodic, while still maintaining a hard rock edge to it. The real highlight of the music here is on Geddy's great vocal work, which is instantly memorable, making it a perfect number for radio single success.

In terms of the single release itself, the 'radio edit' cuts little out of the song, so it's pretty useless, when the full-length version is available to listen to. As a song itself however, 'Far Cry' doesn't rank as one of my favourite Rush tracks, but it's one of their most rocking, and tightest songs in their recent history.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
3 stars Far Cry was the first single to come after a long time and it heralded the new eagerly awaited "Snakes and Arrows" album. The guitars are quite heavy to me in comparison to the mid 80s albums so I was delighted that Rush were rocking again. I really enjoy the melody and Lee sounds terrific on vocals. His voice has mellowed over the years but the register he chooses on this song works perfectly for him. I could not mark this down as an instant classic but it is still a decent song with some nice aggressive riffing and an atmospheric lead break that amounts to a lot of sustained string bending rather than the fret melting work of Lifeson on such awesome tracks as 'Bytor and The Snow Dog'. I guess my expectations are always high when it comes to the power trio but in any case 'Far Cry' rocks hard, has a great melody and is a good start and a promising sneak peak to new Rush material.

Post a review of RUSH "Far Cry"