KEYS TO ASCENSION (I & II + DVD)

Yes Keys To Ascension (I & II + DVD) album cover

- Rick Wakeman / Keyboards
- Chris Squire / Bass, vocals
- Alan White / Drums and Percussion, vocals

4 Disc box-set by Proper Records

20th September 2010 re-release of the 1996 albums and dvd, with original (but uncoloured) artwork by Roger Dean

Thanks to thehallway for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Keys To Ascension (I & II + DVD) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Like It Is - YES At The Bristol Hippodrome(2CD/DVD Deluxe Edition)Like It Is - YES At The Bristol Hippodrome(2CD/DVD Deluxe Edition)
Frontiers Music Srl 2014
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
Close to the EdgeClose to the Edge
Elektra / Wea 2003
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Yes AlbumYes Album
RelayerRelayer
Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
No release results - showing artist results instead

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Keys To Ascension (I & II + DVD) ratings distribution

YES Keys To Ascension (I & II + DVD) reviews

Review by thehallway
4 stars Better to purchase this box set than the five individual discs that make it up.

Why?

Because, firstly, the artwork is restored to Roger Dean's actual colours, not some vomit- inducing shade of blue or pink. Secondly, you get the mediocre dvd that you otherwise wouldn't see because it isn't worth buying. Thirdly, there's some liner notes, pleasant packaging and other oddities that make the two-year 'Keys to Ascension' period seem more cohesive. And fourthly, this works out a lot cheaper than buying two albums + a dvd.

The material is collectively of a very high quality, with fantastic live songs and new studio tracks, a couple of which are actually of the standard of 70's Yes! And this is a fairly new package so it may even be available at music shops. I highly recommend this convenient box set to any Yes fans who dislike 'Talk' and 'Open Your Eyes'; this music is an anomalous peak in Yes's 90's career.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#402320) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 17, 2011

5 stars Keys to Ascension plus Keystudio plus DVD all in a pack and with a more than interesting price. For those who couldn't get the originals or were looking for the studio material recorded between the winter of 1995 and the spring of 1996 (appeared afterwards as Keystudio), this is the perfect solut ... (read more)

Report this review (#618939) | Posted by ibnacio | Wednesday, January 25, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Keys To Ascension (I & II + DVD)"