LIVE IN HOLLAND

Kormorán Live In Holland album cover

Buy KORMORÁN Music
Live, released in 1985

Side A
1. Macedon Express / Macedonian Express (Trad, arranged by G. Koltay, J. Margit, L. Neumayer, P. Gál) (2:45)
2. Szarvasűzés / Stag Hunting (Music and lyrics by Levente Szörényi, arr. by Kormorán) (4:39)
3. Gyere ki te gyöngyvirág / Lily of the Valley (Trad, arranged by G. Koltay, J. Margit, L. Neumayer) (2:42)
4. Kedvesem / My Sweetheart (G. Koltay, J. Margit, S. Jenei - G. Koltay) (6:27)
5. Adjon az Isten / May the Lord Provide (G. Koltay - L. Nagy) (3:18)

Side B
1. Budapest - Amsterdam / From Budapest to Amsterdam (G. Koltay, J. Margit, S. Jenei) (4:32)
2. Ne sírj / Don't Cry Baby (G. Koltay) (4:11)
3. Szóljon aki látta / Tell, Who Saw It (G. Koltay, S. Jenei - István Sinka, G. Koltay) (5:16)
4. Fehér szobában, fehér virág / White Flower in a White Room (G. Koltay, S. Jenei, J. Margit, L. Neumayer - G. Koltay) (4:09)
5. Fohász / Supplication (From the play ''Kőmíves Kelemen'') (G. Koltay - László Gyurkó) (3:19)

Total time 41:22

Search KORMORÁN Live In Holland lyrics

Search KORMORÁN Live In Holland tabs

- Gergely Koltay / oboe-like shawm, bagpipes, flute, recorder, tambourine, vocals
- József Margit / bass, percussion, lead vocals
- Szilveszter Jenei / guitar, vocals
- Péter Gál / fiddle, vocals
- László Neumayer / drums, percussion

Guest musicians:
- Bill 'Papa' Deák / vocals, 'mood'
- Pál Herrer Jr. / keyboards, percussion

Recorded live at Theater Kunstmin, Dordecht, Holland, 22 October 1985.

LP Pan Records 120 (1985, Netherlands)

CD Pan Records 120CD (1999, Netherlands, different cover)

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

KORMORÁN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KORMORÁN Live In Holland Music

More places to buy KORMORÁN music online Buy KORMORÁN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KORMORÁN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KORMORÁN Live In Holland ratings distribution

KORMORÁN Live In Holland reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars ''Live In Holland'' was my first KORMORÁN purchase and I was pleasantly surprised. I can't say I was blown away, but after listening to this album it became clear to me that this band is something special and I want to get at least some of their other records. Being familiar with music of some Hungarian bands and artists I, probably subconsciously, felt that I miss something, namely powerful rock band with deep national roots. Finally I've found what I was searching for in KORMORÁN music.

''Live In Holland'' offers a good musical variety. There are Balkan tunes (''Macedon Express''), Hungarian folk in most pieces and even reggae rhythm in ''Adjon az Isten'' (''May the Lord Provide''). And all these ingredients have strong rock base. Flute parts obviously remind me of JETHRO TULL, though I have no idea whether Ian Anderson was an inspiration for Gergely Koltay. Vocals are not extraordinary (in my opinion the band has better singers in 2000s), but good for the songs. Anyway KORMORÁN have their own sound, and I can say the sound is powerful.

The track list is also interesting, there are only 3 tracks from the band's debut album ''Folk & Roll'', 1 song from 1982 rock opera ''Kőmíves Kelemen'' (first big record made with KORMORÁN participation) and 6 then, in 1985, new songs. These new songs, especially ''Kedvesem'' (''My Sweetheart'') which begins like a ballad and ends as a fiery dance with sparkling violin solo, became KORMORÁN classics, we can listen to their initial versions on this live album.

My only complaint is needless 2-second gaps between songs on CD (I have not heard the LP). But in general the album (by the way, the only live record made by KORMORÁN in the 80s) fully deserves your attention.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#425276) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Post a review of KORMORÁN "Live In Holland"