THE AUTUMN BAND

Autumn Breeze

Autumn Breeze The Autumn Band album cover

Buy AUTUMN BREEZE Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Life is just another day (5:42)
2. Sorrow (5:07)
3. Love my baby (3;59)
4. Schon für Schasen (6:31)
5. Until finished (4:42)
6. Going down to Africa (4:23)
7. Rockn´roll madness (5.27)
8. Fried eggs (3:56)
9. Mombasa (4:29)
10. Gruba (4:29)
11. Massösen (5:42)
12. PleaseGetOnTheBus (0:49)

Search AUTUMN BREEZE The Autumn Band lyrics

Search AUTUMN BREEZE The Autumn Band tabs

Linus Bornlöf, vocals
Gert Magnusson, vocals, flute, saxophone and guitar
William Bellbrant, electric guitar

Johannes Bornlöf, vocals, chorus, drums
Sara Bergqvist, vocals
Claes Sjöberg, guitar

Recorded in Yellow Snow Studio in Stockholm 2010

Thanks to Autumnbreeze for the addition

AUTUMN BREEZE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AUTUMN BREEZE The Autumn Band Music

HöstbrisHöstbris
Cassette TapesCassette Tapes
På Radio 1978På Radio 1978
My Records 2009
ROGER RIVAS Autumn Breeze LP NEW VINYL Jump Up Aggrolites Expanders Roots Radic US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Amika Hattan - Autumn Breeze - Japan CD J-POP - 12Tks US $8.54 Buy It Now 4 days
S KANGTA SHIN HYE SUNG Autumn Breeze MINI ALBUM K-POP CD + POSTER IN TUBE CASE US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
S KANGTA SHIN HYE SUNG Autumn Breeze MINI ALBUM K-POP CD & FOLDED POSTER NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Amika Hattan - Autumn Breeze US $2.50 [0 bids]
PAUL BLEY autumn breeze / drum one ORIG. EmArcy JAZZ 45 16006x45 C103 US $25.00 [0 bids]
WL Hank Ballard and the Midnighters IT'S TWISTIN' TIME Autumn Breeze KING 5601 US $39.99 [0 bids]
TEXAS Put Your Arms Around Me CD 4 Tracks, Autumn Breeze Mix/Ambient Mix/Never US $5.23 Buy It Now 7 days
Autumn Breeze - Original Piano and Instrumental Works by Lisa Neubert US $5.03 Buy It Now 8 days
Phil Traynor - Autumn Breeze [CD New] US $8.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Milt Jackson All Stars 78rpm AUTUMN BREEZE / BOBIN' WITH ROBIN ~ Sensation VG US $8.50 Buy It Now 9 days
PHIL TRAYNOR - AUTUMN BREEZE NEW CD US $13.42 Buy It Now 10 days
Autumn Breeze - Traynor,Phil New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $15.93 Buy It Now 17 days
STEVE RECKER BAND Fun With Old Clothes Autumn Breeze 1986 US $5.00 Buy It Now 19 days
TEXAS put your arms around me CD 6 track autumn breeze mix with postcards b/w br US $8.44 Buy It Now 21 days
TEXAS put your arms around me CD 1 track autumn breeze mix promo in special slee US $8.44 Buy It Now 21 days
TEXAS put your arms around me CD 4 track autumn breeze mix b/w ambient mix,never US $8.44 Buy It Now 21 days
STEVE RECKER BAND Fun with old Clothes LP 1986 Jazz Fusion AUTUMN BREEZE 12" US $15.95 Buy It Now 25 days
S Autumn Breeze Mini Album CD(Shin Hye Sung, Gang Ta, Lee Ji Hoon) + Poster Kpop US $23.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Milt Jackson JAZZ EP (Deegee 4007) Autumn Breeze/Moving Nicely US $6.95 Buy It Now 26 days
AUTUMN BREEZE BY JUSTIN PETRAITIS(CD)J.D. MCCLAIN US $1.95 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy AUTUMN BREEZE music online Buy AUTUMN BREEZE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AUTUMN BREEZE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AUTUMN BREEZE The Autumn Band ratings distribution

AUTUMN BREEZE The Autumn Band reviews

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
4 stars The Rebirth of a Band

Since some months ago, my very good friend Jan Warnqvist (Thank you for the dedicatory in the album pal), has been sending me albums of AUTUMN BREEZE containing excellent old material released at last, but for the first time after three decades the band has released "The Autumn Band" with 100% new material, great news for the followers of this very good but obscure Swedish band (Hey...I'm yet to find a bad Swedish band?).

This time the band doesn't conform with playing one genre or style, they mix Prog atmospheric tracks with Jazzy songs and straight rock material, so the listener never gets bored and the band proves us their versatility.

"The Autumn Band" starts with the excellent "It's Just Another Day", a fantastic Spacey track in the vein of Pink Floyd, with skilled guitar riffs, beautiful flute and Jan creating that dense atmosphere that seems to fall over the listener.

But my biggest impression is the vocal work, Linus Bornloff (who has some range similarities with "David Gilmour") combines his low ranged voice with the sweet tone of "Sara Bergqvist", creating a memorable song.

"Sorrow" is a melancholic and melodic song again with an excellent vocal work, but this time the star is Jan with his piano, the tune is heartbreaking and delicate, something new in the style of the band that I like.

"Love my Baby" is pure Rock & Roll in the style of the late 50's, nothing spectacular, but pleasant to listen, seems like the band members are making a retrospective of the music they were raised with.

"Schon für Schase" is another Space/Psyche oriented song, the intro reminds me a bit of "Shine on You Crazy Diamond", but the similarities are superficial, the atmospheric keyboard and amazing guitar is perfectly supported by that human metronome called "Lennart Olssen" in the drums.

The track is very dramatic with radical changes from aggressive guitar to soft flute, again AUTUMN BREEZE hit the nail in the head.

"Until Finished" is another strange track, it's clear that it's mainstream, but the nice Beatlesque aroma takes us back to the late 60's, again not spectacular, but adds variation to the album, as the next song "Going Down to Africa" some sort of Elvis sings Funk, very entertaining.

I expected that "Rock & Roll Madness" was going to be another mainstream track, but this time the band play Folk Prog with JETHRO TULL overtones, the usually sweet flute is now aggressive and powerful, the choirs are outstanding and again the piano is delightful.

"Fried Eggs" begins as a Rock track, but soon morphs into a jazzy song with very good vocal work, Tullish flute and a guitar that sounds very close to "Brian May's style", this guys keep surprising me with their constant changes, and the next song "Mombassa" enhances this impression, because it starts funky and changes into some Folksy Jazz with contagious percussion.

"Gruba" again combines several styles and genres, I can listen, Rock, Blues,. Funk, Jazz, Ethnic Music, etc...But the biggest surprise is "Massösen", at last a Symphonic track with lush keyboards, killer bass and radical changes, the highest point of the album and a good closer, because "PleaseGetOnTheBus" is just an experimental closing with a mysterious almost "a cappella" section supported by soft piano that lasts only 45 seconds.

After checking the songs comes the harder part. My first priority is to leave clear that this album is not Symphonic and not all the tracks are Prog, it's more an eclectic blend of styles and moods closer to PINK FLOYD and JETHRO TULL than any other band.

But hey, the music is good, and doesn't bore for a second, so if this is the new line that "AUTUMN BREEZE" is going to follow after a three decades sabbatical, I like it and I'm ready to give them four stars.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#306127) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010

4 stars Finally it's autumn again after thirty years! It's a bit of breaking news in the underground circuits that Autumn Breeze is back on track. Over thirty years have passed since their eponymous album "Höstbris" saw the light of day. With that record forever cemented as a landmark of Swedish symph ... (read more)

Report this review (#303766) | Posted by Volcanic | Wednesday, October 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AUTUMN BREEZE "The Autumn Band"