SONGS FROM A SOLITARY HOME

Buy MAJOR PARKINSON Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Ecophobia (2:44)
2. Solitary Home (4:38)
3. Teenage Mannequins (3:37)
4. Simone! (3:41)
5. Card Boxes (1:41)
6. The Age of Paranoia (3:44)
7. Dance With the Cookie Man (4:10)
8. Trampoline Superstar (2:39)
9. Downtown Boogie (2:51)
10. Heart of Hickory (4:06)
11. Domestic Violets (3:35)
12. Adville (5:11)

- Alf Borge / guitar, backing vocals
- Eivind Gammersvik / bass
- Lars Christian Bj°rknes / synth
- Jens Erik Aasmundseth / drums

CD (Dig) Degaton Records DRCD1822 (2010)
CD (Dig) Waggle-Daggle Records GG10-019-12849 (2010)

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition
and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

MAJOR PARKINSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAJOR PARKINSON Songs From A Solitary Home Music

Twilight CinemaTwilight Cinema
Degaton Records
Major ParkinsonMajor Parkinson
Songs From A Solitary HomeSongs From A Solitary Home
Waggle-Daggle Records 2010

More places to buy MAJOR PARKINSON music online Buy MAJOR PARKINSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAJOR PARKINSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAJOR PARKINSON Songs From A Solitary Home ratings distribution

MAJOR PARKINSON Songs From A Solitary Home reviews

Review by TheGazzardian
5 stars Wow! Another album that came out of nowhere and completely caught me by surprise, Major Parkinson's second album, "Songs From a Solitary Home", is an excellent piece of music that will have a strong appeal to a lot of music listeners.

This album has a lot of strong songs, which is a distinction that I feel I must make because a lot of albums I listen to I rarely think about the individual tracks. Yet on this album, while it does sound best listening from start to end, I feel you can safely listen to any song on it's own and have a satisfying experience with it.

The music is largely based around the vocals, and Major Parkinson is one of the bands that pulls this off very well. Jon Ivar Kollbotn's voice has a very pleasant emotive aspect to it that in a way reminds me of Rikard Sjoblom of Beardfish; not so much for the sound of his voice (they are rather different) but more how his singing adds a whole level of character to the music and seems to convey the mood he wants with ease.

The music is unabashedly catchy when it needs to be, but it can also be quite tender (as in Card Boxes, a song that, if my interpretation is correct, is about the death of the protagonists parents), and the band can also effortlessly switch from the catchy to the more emotional (as on Solitary Home).

The content of the lyrics on this album are almost all dark, but with a sense of humor about them that prevents the music from being too bleak. The lyrics are also quite good, expressing emotion while leaving the specifics of the events for the listener to piece together for themselves.

This is a vocal driven, song-based album, but alas, this is not music that the radio stations near me are likely to be playing (although damn, I wish they would!). In fact, I had to e-mail the band to even get a copy shipped to me, for there are no North American distributors selling this music. The other option of course is iTunes. This is a shame, because these guys are flat out amazing and need to be heard by a larger audience.

Send comments to TheGazzardian (BETA) | Report this review (#365474) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 27, 2010

4 stars Song from a Solitary home This album is one that hit me like a surprise or to say it honest, this band took me by surprise. I randomly went to a gig where they were the headliners, I had zero expectations nor had I ever heard a song. I left the gig with their latest album Song from a Solit ... (read more)

Report this review (#345148) | Posted by Icarium | Monday, December 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MAJOR PARKINSON "Songs From A Solitary Home"