BLUE MATTER

Guitar - Hiram Bullock (tracks: A1, B2, B3) , John Scofield
Keyboards - Mitchell Forman
Percussion - Don Alias

LP/CD Gramavision 18-8702-1, Germany

Thanks to snobb for the addition

JOHN SCOFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOHN SCOFIELD Blue Matter Music

Blue MatterBlue Matter
Imports 2014
Blue MatterBlue Matter
Gramavision 1989
Blue Matter by Scofield, John [Music CD]Blue Matter by Scofield, John [Music CD]
Imports

More places to buy JOHN SCOFIELD music online Buy JOHN SCOFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOHN SCOFIELD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOHN SCOFIELD Blue Matter ratings distribution

JOHN SCOFIELD Blue Matter reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars John Scofield is really new to me and I was surprised that in fact, sometime in the 80s I ever bought this album in a cassette format. When I spun it recently I was surprised for two reasons: first, the quality of the record is excellent even though this is just a cassette that I purchased decades ago; second, the musical quality of John Scofield is very good. I was impressed, in fact, when first heard the opening track "Blue Matter" with its relatively complex composition demonstrating how masterful he plays guitar. But, not only that ... I find the drummer also plays excellently combined with solid basslline. Once I listened to it I then kept playing the cassette. Oh yes, Blue Matter brings the album as an interesting one to enjoy - especially those who love solid basslines with dynamic beats in jazz-style. Through this track I understand why this musician is featured in this site as the music is not just having pure jazz style, it combines nicely with rock as well.

I think I do enjoy almost all tracks in this album especially the next two tracks "Trim" and "Heaven Hill". "Trim" most much more dynamic compared to title track and from this track I can recognize further how excellent the drums and bass guitar works. There is a stunning guitar solo in the middle augmented by solid basslines. "Now She's Blonde" is also enjoyable and it has more prog components compared to the other tracks. "Make Me" is also really good one.

Overall, this is a very good album by John Scofield and it will satisfy those of you who love jazz- rock fusion kind of music. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#805599) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 17, 2012

Post a review of JOHN SCOFIELD "Blue Matter"