SNORUNGARNAS SYMFONI (SYMPHONY OF THE BRATS)

Samla Mammas Manna

- Kalle Eriksson / trumpet
- Lars Hollmer / keyboards
- Lars Krantz / bass
- Ärtan wallander / saxophone

Lp. Musiknätet Waxholm MNW 70P / Cd. Musiknätet Waxholm MNWCD 70 (1992)

and to Angelo for the last updates

SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA Snorungarnas Symfoni (Symphony of the Brats) Music

MaltidMaltid
Silence Recordings 2006
Klossa KnapitatetKlossa Knapitatet
Silence Recordings 2006
Samla Mammas MannaSamla Mammas Manna
Silence Recordings 2001
SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA(paper-sleeve)(import)SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA(paper-sleeve)(import)
DIW Records (JAPAN)

More places to buy SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA music online Buy SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA Snorungarnas Symfoni (Symphony of the Brats) ratings distribution

SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA Snorungarnas Symfoni (Symphony of the Brats) reviews

Review by MovingPictures07
4 stars Wonderfully played, instrumental piano-focused Swedish prog! This is a good SMM album and is a substantially good introduction for newbies to the RIO/Avant genre.

1. Forsta Satsen- Very good song. Instruments are all extremely well-played and I like the typical SMM folk touch to it at parts, it really is a lot of fun! Plenty of song changes and masterful playing keep this song heavily enjoyable and exciting. 9/10

2. Andra Satsen- From the bizarre circus-like opening, this shorter piece continues the same feel as the previous one, light-hearted, enjoyable music with Swedish folk and other influences thrown in to create one long symphony split into four songs. Great part, but it barely misses the mark that the first one set for it. 8/10

3. Tredje Satsen- Continuing the same vein, this is another well-played track. This one is my least favorite on the album though simply because it doesn't strike me as much, but I can't find much other than personal preference to justify that since there is nothing wrong with the instruments or the composition. Out of any of the parts, this one has the potential to drag the most. Nonetheless, it's still a pretty decent song and keeps the same mood. 6/10

4. Fjarde Satsen- This song is not as frantic or upbeat in a bizarre dance-type of mood as the previous three, but it is still pretty good. Serves as a wonderful and more serious closer to this series and I really like the instrumental playing. The ending gets a bit repetitive, however. 7/10

This is a good album, but not the best from SMM. It is a good starting point for anyone who likes piano-driven instrumental compositions and for RIO in general, but it doesn't have the same masterpiece value of other SMM albums like Maltid or Knossa.

Still, an excellent addition to any prog collection.

Send comments to MovingPictures07 (BETA) | Report this review (#191145) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 30, 2008

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars It took me quite a while to locate this album on Spotify because it was listed under Gregory Allan FitzPatrick and not Samla Mammas Manna. This was of course not the first time that I've heard this charming record and I recall vividly listening to the LP many times during my teen years. But although I remember every track quite well the album doesn't convey a classical sense of nostalgia that I have for many of the other albums that I've listened to in those days. Don't get me wrong it's a very nice album with great playing all around, but I lack that little extra that only a Lars Hollmer & co record can supply me with.

Snorungarnas Symfoni has its distinct Samla Mammas Manna-sound but with a much more jazz-oriented flavor to it. In a way it might be considered the next logical step after Klossa Knapitatet that featured quite a few jazz-inspired compositions. It might not be the direction I would have preferred the band to undertake after the excellent Måltid but it was clear that the band had already reached their peak in the particular writing department and a change felt inevitable.

Still I would be lying if I said that this is anything less than an excellent addition to any prog rock music collection!

**** star songs: Första Satsen (11:46) Andra Satsen (5:39) Tredje Satsen (7:46) Fjärde Satsen (8:43)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#257741) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 25, 2009

Review by Warthur
4 stars The last album of Samla Mammas Manna's first phase (before they metamorphosed into Zamla Mammaz Manna) is a jazzy collaboration with Gregory Allan FitzPatrick, whose compositions the band interpret in their usual Canterbury-influenced style. A bit more accessible and engaging than their preceding album, and with less circus music about it than any previous Samla disc, the album sounds to me like Caravan and the Uncle Meat incarnation of Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention getting together in order to record musical backing for classic Tom and Jerry cartoons; it's whimsical, clever, and playful, and tempered with just a little bit of nostalgia.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#552243) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 18, 2011

5 stars Snorungarnas symfoni from 1976 is Samla mammas mannas fourth studio album, the last before guitar player Coste Apetrea quit and they changed name to Zamla mammaz manna. This is a composition by Gregory Allan FitzPatrick, an american living in Sweden since the sixties who was very innovatory in th ... (read more)

Report this review (#951436) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Monday, April 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Written by American born Greg Allan Fitzpatrick for SMM to record, this is the last and maybe one of the most popular records of the bands classic line-up. It's a "symphony" split up in four movements and in total 33 minutes long, the first movement being the longest part of eleven minutes long. ... (read more)

Report this review (#129301) | Posted by Frasse | Thursday, July 19, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I don't really know much about "Snorungarnas Symfoni", but someone once said to me that the music was not composed by the band, but that it was a reworking of a work by someone else, and since i haven't heard the "original", i can't say whether this is a good version or if it is a poor effort, an ... (read more)

Report this review (#116892) | Posted by Evans | Friday, March 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I think this is a highly underrated, undiscovered and untalked-about album that is definately a masterpiece. I haven't understood why "Klossa Knapitatet" is recommended here when this album smokes it. I have listened to the former enough to realize that nothing grew on me, at least to the co ... (read more)

Report this review (#21601) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 30, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA "Snorungarnas Symfoni (Symphony of the Brats)"